272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 446 of 576.
#22250 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is this really going to be a thing?[quoted image]

Who knows maybe society will play out like Demolition Man and the non vaccination people will be forced down into the sewers.

#22251 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It will be at my house. At least until there is no coronavirus in the United States.

I host a pinball league here sometimes, and I also have social pinball gatherings occasionally. And every person invited will be asked the question about whether they have been vaccinated more than two weeks prior to the event. If the answer is no, the invite will be rescinded and they will not be welcome in my home.

And I'm NOT doing that to protect the unvaccinated. I'm doing that to protect the ones that ARE vaccinated. My understanding is that a vaccinated person can still carry Covid, but at a much lower viral load. It is going to take another 5 - 6 months to understand the transmissibility of that viral load. It is being actively studied, but we really don't know yet. My house policy many change after the results are actually known.

That way nobody that gets it will be saying "I went to DaveH's and I think I caught it there". And I'll be offering free pizza to the vaccinated! (that's bullshit, because the pizza at my house is always free).

#22252 3 years ago

In Michigan my cousin is hospitalized for COVID. He has been removed from icu, he was given oxygen but not put on a respirator. He has moved to stable out of icu yesterday. His father, my uncle mark played both Van Halen one and blizzard of oz for me the first time.

“Hey listen to these mike”. Headphones were handed to me. I proceeded to listen.

And the rest is history on those two albums.

#22253 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I mean, businesses can already not serve you for myriad reasons. Maybe we can think of vaccination like Club membership, Jacket required. There was a place in Detroit recently that refuses to serve you if you are wearing sneakers or smell like pot smoke.

So, when someone presents a fake card (which we know will be easy to make) all the safe, vaccinated people will be intermingling with those dirty, germ carriers?

And with each new strain we hear about, well, you get the idea. I don't see it as viable. But I've been wrong about a lot of things in life.

Hopefully the vaccine will prove to be effective at stopping transmission. That's really the issue I think. Otherwise, vax or no vax doesn't seem to matter much beyond how severe your personal symptoms are. Meaning if the vac cuts your symptoms, then that's all we can expect.

#22254 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

In parts of Europe I hear access to some places is restricted to those that are vaccinated. My wife has a friend in Holland that was not going to get the vaccine but changed her mind and got vaccinated after seeing restrictions.

#22255 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

So, when someone presents a fake card (which we know will be easy to make) all the safe, vaccinated people will be intermingling with those dirty, germ carriers?
And with each new strain we hear about, well, you get the idea. I don't see it as viable. But I've been wrong about a lot of things in life.
Hopefully the vaccine will prove to be effective at stopping transmission. That's really the issue I think. Otherwise, vax or no vax doesn't seem to matter much beyond how severe your personal symptoms are. Meaning if the vac cuts your symptoms, then that's all we can expect.

Maybe the cards are embedded with an RFID tag.

#22256 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Anyone here have an embedded card? Bueller?

#22257 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Can't they just scan your body for the embedded DNA that lets the deep state track you? Duh.

#22258 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Speaking of which, Walgreens in Massachusetts just opened up a ton of appointments for J&J. They were still available this morning for anyone over 18 with 1 condition. If there are none in your direct area, put in a different zipcode. Because I know I'd drive 50 miles for one. You know, for those people that want a real card.

#22259 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Can't they just scan your body for the embedded DNA that lets the deep state track you? Duh.

Not the restaurant, silly.

#22260 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Speaking of which, Walgreens in Massachusetts just opened up a ton of appointments for J&J. They were still available this morning for anyone over 18 with 1 condition. If there are none in your direct area, put in a different zipcode. Because I know I'd drive 50 miles for one. You know, for those people that was a real card.

Don't see how this is connected, but, ok, psa.

I'm still thinking there isn't really a "check" without a public database...

#22261 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Don't see how this is connected, but, ok, psa.
I'm still thinking there isn't really a "check" without a public database...

It wasn’t related at all. My real answer to you bringing up the segregation of the Vax vs the Unwashed was snarky. I was picturing some fool at their computer faking up a vaccine card, and sneaking into some mythical “vaxxed only” event, and catching Covid there and dying. It made me chuckle.

Society is not going to split between people that want it, vs don’t want the vaccine. Two months after it is readily available, and you can just get an appointment, all of the histrionics are moot. At that point the people getting very sick and dying of Covid will be people that didn’t want the vaccine. Honestly I find that funny. Comeuppance gone wild!

So rather than say all that, and the other snarky parts I left out, I decided to let people know that there were appointments available this morning.

#22262 3 years ago

Covid vaccine facility was a covid hotspot.

Accusations of improper safety protocols (labor complaints about not following covid work protocols) in the quest to build up the facility and speed up production.

https://theintercept.com/2021/03/29/covid-vaccine-worker-safety-warp-speed-catalent/

#22263 3 years ago

No need for scanning. There is a 5G transmitter in everyone vaccinated. They already know....

#22264 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

At that point the people getting very sick and dying of Covid will be people that didn’t want the vaccine. Honestly I find that funny.

Man, and I thought I had a dark sense of humor....

Random person: “I guess I’m just not comfortable with getting this vaccine yet... Can’t I just wait until these studies are more concrete and all the side effects are identified?”

(Gets covid and dies)

@daveh: “HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You got sick of covid and died because you didn’t want the shot, that’s honestly so funny to me!!!!”

#22265 3 years ago

There is another data point which includes people like me, because of the medication I am on, to keep me alive, I am currently unable to get the NZ chosen vaccine as 2 of the 3 drugs are on the governments Covid vaccine naughty list. Also the drugs company, that makes my drugs, is taking a wait and see approach and told me to avoid any covid vaccine until they recommend one.

I kinda get the attitude of people that want to segregate the vaccinated from the non vaccinated until we know more and or the majority are jabbed. I don't want the vaccinated crowd running around me without a care in the world as I am still immuno-compromised. I'd take the jab no problem as I was already a flu jab regular and because of my health issues now, I have needles making withdrawals and deposits weekly, lol. I guess at some point I might get shunned as an anti-vaxer by some uneducated people, actually as NZ is full of nice people and arse-sticks are removed at the borders, it is more likely to be an odd sideways look rather than any abuse.

Kinda ironic that all 3 drugs I take have a roughly 1 in 1000 chance of killing me anyway...but I'll wait for the drug company green light (don't trust the NZ govt with that decision).

#22266 3 years ago

Pandemic cooking lesson:

Screenshot_20210404-061710 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210404-061710 (resized).png
#22267 3 years ago

New variant spreading in Japan has a fun name (eek variation) but a not so fun potential (vaccine evasion).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan-idUSKBN2BR03W

#22268 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Random person: “I guess I’m just not comfortable with getting this vaccine yet... Can’t I just wait until these studies are more concrete and all the side effects are identified?”
(Gets covid and dies)

Bear with me here:

Are you currently concerned about the polio vaccine?

Were you previously concerned about the polio vaccine?

Why?

#22269 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Man, and I thought I had a dark sense of humor....
(Gets covid and dies)
DaveH: “HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You got sick of covid and died because you didn’t want the shot, that’s honestly so funny to me!!!!”

Yeah, I read his response a few times. I couldn't really decipher if he was saying it was a momentary daydream type of thing or his daily view.

He's had a tough go as of late, so I'll just assume finding death humorous as temporary.

I suppose if you actually see lots of people dying or having chronic, life altering issues from Covid you'd be first in line for the jab. Yet, for others that it hasn't effected, or isn't readily visible, I completely get the "wait and see" approach.

#22270 3 years ago

Why is it that people don't think COVID is dangerous unless it happens directly to them or to a member of their family? I don't see people jumping off of cliffs or standing in front of a runaway train because no one in their family died from that activity in the past.

Why are the death tolls in this country not enough? Why is the word of doctors who have treated these patients and watched them die not enough? I genuinely cannot understand this.

#22271 3 years ago

I genuinely cannot understand this.

It doesn’t take a doctor to understand this is just human nature.
I’m sure you’ve seen people get killed from drunk drivers yet how many millions of people are on the road right now as you read this drunk or just buzzed.

I’ll also quote myself on this dirty little factoid on why there are people that still don’t trust doctors

Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone else remember right before the pandemic? That huge opioid crisis across the whole country and no one trusted doctors and were pissed at them for pushing whatever drug their sponsoring pharmaceutical company lined their pockets with.
Good thing about COVID i guess is it appears everyone forgot that.

Then there’s the political factor on literally everything nowadays, so depending on what side you take will drive what media sources you gravitate towards which always has a narrative that’s being pushed.

So to think a whole species would share the same opinion on any situation is a looney expectation to me. And the fact that people don’t understand this and to hate those that share a different point of view is glorified and embraced is a huge problem in itself.

#22272 3 years ago

I was thinking last night why they didn't get Batman to come up with the vaccine, he typically would have had it ready the day after the pandemic cliff hanger episode. Then I realized it would never have worked. What with him being a wealthy philanthropist, everyone would be afraid it's full of nanobats...

544c364627d6d87d4483eb4f9be40efe (resized).jpg544c364627d6d87d4483eb4f9be40efe (resized).jpg
#22273 3 years ago

A few days after booking my initial vaccination appointment about 100 miles away, I kept checking for openings more local to me and got one that was much closer and much sooner, and cancelled the original appointment.

So, now I have one Pfizer shot under my belt.

I barely felt the shot itself. The last time I had a shot, it felt like someone was trying to jam a jumbo sized straw into my arm, so I was a little apprehensive about it. But it was quick and painless, and I was more surprised about how little I actually felt it than anything else.

10 minutes after the shot, I felt a little flushed for 2-3 minutes, and then it passed. Once the recommended 15 minute wait time was up, I took some tylenol, had some water, and went on my way.

I had heard other folks who said their arm was sore after the shot, so I tried to keep moving it normally as I went about the rest of my day.

About 6 hours after the shot, the spot where I had the shot felt a little tender if I touched it. 12 hours after the shot, there was some muscle soreness around the shot site about the size of a nickel. The next day, there was a bit more muscle soreness about the size of a silver dollar like I had lifted something a bit too heavy the previous day.

[edit]: Roughly 48 hours after the shot, the muscle soreness is gone and I can only find a tender spot about the size of a dime if I touch my arm with some pressure, and that's about it.

#22274 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

These are some very interesting stories on getting vaccines. Has anyone else had both already? What are your experiences?

I've been Pfizer double vaccinated for a number of months now, due to working in the hospital.

First jab, no side effects at all. I explained to the nurse giving the jab that I had a phobia of needles, and she basically distracted me while talking about something else.

Second jab, I had a pain in my arm for a day or two. Mainly due to the fact that I knew the nurse giving me the jab, as our paths had crossed (Not particularly amicably) in the past. She rammed the needle in as if she was trying to puncture plate steel. Not all nurses are angels

#22275 3 years ago

Phizer #1 in the arm today!
No mmmmmmmmajor iiiiiììiiìsues aaaaaaaas yet.

#22276 3 years ago

Finally got my J&J vax shot yesterday, arm a little sore as expected, but did have slight headache and feeling a little blah and tired this morning. Feeling better now.

#22277 3 years ago

I had the AZ jab a few weeks ago. Just some muscle soreness in the injected arm for a few days. I recently verified an antibody response with a (validated, CE-approved) home test

It's been sad to see media safety hysteria and politicisation creep in, as they always do with important things. Hopefully it won't stop people getting vaccinated to save lives. People forget that some of the companies (e.g. AZ, and one of the GSK ventures) are doing this not for profit.

Roll on the 75% herd immunity target!

#22278 3 years ago

Got pfizer two this past Monday. I had a sore spot at the injection site, and around 15 hours later, I felt like I took a bunch of cough medicine and felt incredibly drowsy. Not too bad but I probably could have benefitted from taking a nap rather than working.

#22279 3 years ago

Getting my Pfizer 1st shot today, YEAH!!!

#22280 3 years ago

2nd shot of Moderna on the 47th. Typical soreness at the shot area with chills and body aches for 24hrs then fine. No biggy though. It feels like a major accomplishment. Now it’s my wife’s turn to find her first appointment

#22281 3 years ago

J&J shot under review for blood clot issues. I know it is unlikely, but I'd prefer not likely at all...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/jj-covid-19-vaccine-under-eu-review-over-blood-clots.html

#22282 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

J&J shot under review for blood clot issues. I know it is unlikely, but I'd prefer not likely at all...
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/jj-covid-19-vaccine-under-eu-review-over-blood-clots.html

I’m glad you posted this. I was gonna post something but figured you guys would just accuse me of stirring the pot.

04E92885-0A71-49F5-9959-48A7B15A64F6 (resized).png04E92885-0A71-49F5-9959-48A7B15A64F6 (resized).png8643C7B1-30D7-4AE6-B83B-EB6365F05F42 (resized).png8643C7B1-30D7-4AE6-B83B-EB6365F05F42 (resized).png
#22283 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't think there's any cause for panic yet. Just like with the AstraZeneca vaccine, so far the numbers aren't statistically significant. There were 24 cases of clotting (18 fatal) out of 25 million doses given. 0.00000096%.

Yes, it's unfortunate that those individuals had complications, but there's no telling what other health issues those individuals may have had. Out of an abundance of caution, I think it's completely appropriate to review the cases.

But, I think it's primarily just a case of the media jumping on a juicy headline for clicks.

Any medication comes with a list of potential side effects, since not everyone's health or body chemistry is the same. But considering that millions of people who have already had the various vaccines abscent complications, I think most people will be fine.

#22284 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’m glad you posted this. I was gonna post something but figured you guys would just accuse me of stirring the pot. [quoted image][quoted image]

I hadn't heard about the halted vaccinations. Now that could possibly be a bit alarming.

#22285 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think there's any cause for panic yet. Just like with the AstraZeneca vaccine, so far the numbers aren't statistically significant.

Well no, but If you have a choice, why choose the one that may give you blood clots?

#22286 3 years ago

2nd shot of Pfizer last Monday. Minor sore arm Monday night, but then Tuesday I started feeling like crap. Nothing crazy, just crappy. I took a couple of naps during the day, and then ended up stopping work early. It lasted about 12 hours, and then I was fine Tuesday night. Totally fine after that. And VERY happy to be going through my wait after getting the vaccine so I can see some family members (also vaccinated) very soon.

Quoted from RonSS:

He's had a tough go as of late, so I'll just assume finding death humorous as temporary.

I feel the need to explain that I do not find death humorous under normal circumstances. The anti-vax crowd irritates me, but right now they actually make me mad. As a society, I feel we can, and should do better than that. Before we reach the end of this pandemic, every person will have the opportunity to get a vaccine if they want it. The ones I feel really horrible for will be the ones that can't take it due to other medical conditions going on. That has to be unbelievably difficult to need to continue quarantining after the world opens up more. However that is also a very small percentage of people.

There is no chance I will feel any pity for anyone that has full opportunity to get protection from this, and refuses, and then gets sick, or worse. I consider them part of the reason this pandemic will last longer than it has to. It's not just about them. It is also about who they can spread it to. If they cross paths with someone I know or love, is that fair? I'll even answer my own question... no, it isn't fair.

In most human stories where there is a battle between good and evil, we cheer when good triumphs. Be it books, or movies, we are all happy when the people that did wrong get what they deserved. I don't believe in any grand form of karma for humanity, but I don't mind when it raises its hand. And I consider the whole anti-vax movement to be wrong on a moral level.

#22287 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’m glad you posted this. I was gonna post something but figured you guys would just accuse me of stirring the pot.

You just have to be open minded about it either way. So reports of rare blood clots with AZ and J&J vaccines. A bunch of J&J vaccine got ruined because the plant mixed up ingredients from the AZ vaccine as they make that too. I'll take Moderna or Pfizer thank you. And if I can't get either of those, yeah, I'll take J&J, but I'd rather eliminate the risk of blood clotting issues. Wouldn't we all?

#22288 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’m glad you posted this. I was gonna post something but figured you guys would just accuse me of stirring the pot. [quoted image][quoted image]

That's the problem. If there's something wrong people are fearing of speaking up to get canceled on which is popular nowadays. If there's an issue speak up and let people decide for themselves what to believe. But apparently that's too much for most people and the rest seem to get memory holed.

It's good to see things in multiple lights.

#22289 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

But, I think it's primarily just a case of the media jumping on a juicy headline for clicks.

I won't take the time to look everything up but off the top of my head I first remember hearing this took place at one site in the country.....then the other night I am hearing issues of this in up to 5 states.

Too early to make any judgement calls but just something to be aware of.

#22290 3 years ago

Has anyone received the johnson and johnson 1 shot vaccine yet? Did you have any side effects?

#22291 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has anyone received the johnson and johnson 1 shot vaccine yet? Did you have any side effects?

My husband got it at the start of March. Had some fatigue and a headache starting about 36 hours later, and it lasted for 1.5 days. Nothing since.

#22292 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well no, but If you have a choice, why choose the one that may give you blood clots?

Every vaccine has side effects, including fatal ones at the 1 in 1,000,000 level (e.g. flu vaccine causes Guillain-Barre 1 in 1,000,000). Moderna and Pfizer cause clots too. There is no 'totally safe' choice, sadly. Another factor may be the UK's NHS, as the UK has centralised databases that may result in over-reporting of side-effects vs other countries that are more fragmented (because they are larger or don't have a national health service). Ditto for virus mutations, as UK does more genetic testing than ROW (certainly rest of Europe) combined, with a centralised database. Basically the UK is a bad news country for healthcare

#22293 3 years ago

Michigan's Covid-19 crisis could be a sign of what's to come for the US, expert says
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

No matter how much people think they are done with the virus, the virus says hold my beer.

#22294 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I know 8 people at work and friends that have had J&J in the last 2 weeks. The thing I'm hearing the most is being very tired / fatigued starting around 24 hours later (some less than 24 hours later). Not everyone, but enough to make me think it is best to take the next day off, or schedule on a Friday. So far they've all been fine the next morning. Obviously this is anecdotal evidence with only 8 samples.

The one difference for you is, I don't know anyone that has had J&J after having Covid. I've only known people that got Pfizer after having it.

#22295 3 years ago

Lots of things have an increased risk of blood clots. Sitting for prolonged periods increases your risk of blood clots. Covid has a pretty serious blood clot risk too. Looks like at least some of blood clots post vaccine may be from the vaccine but maybe not all of them. I had a friend in school that died from a blood clot related to taking birth control pills, a known risk accepted by many.

2A7B83F2-233D-46A1-AB88-7979E14B269C_1_201_a (resized).jpeg2A7B83F2-233D-46A1-AB88-7979E14B269C_1_201_a (resized).jpeg

#22296 3 years ago

Looking forward to the comparisons of annual vaccine related blood clot deaths to those of car accidents.

ARE YOU SAYING WE SHOULD BAN CARS?!

#22298 3 years ago

Correct, a friend of mine got Covid before vaccinations were out and developed a serious blood clot.

#22299 3 years ago

Just received my second shot of the pfizer vaccine. Had no side effects from the first one, will let you know about the second.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 446 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/446?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.