272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 576.
#22050 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, but i am debating getting the vaccine. For those that don't know, here is my story:
I am very conflicted on the pandemic. I have known numerous people that have had it. My 88 year-old great uncle had it and didnt even know (zero symptoms)...and a close personal friend that got it and died quickly (he was 26, in fantastic shape, and we often played disc golf). Dont be fooled...this virus is different for everyone.
I have also personally had coronavirus. It was insanely mild. I only had symptoms for about 2 days. Extremely mild symptoms. I am also in good shape (5'11 and 170 lbs, i am 40 years old), so i think that helps.
I am a front line worker, and i can get the vaccine at anytime, but i would have to wait the 90 days (since i have had it within about a month) to get vaccinated.
On one hand...i dont ever get sick. I never take a flu shot. I have already had it and it was mild. I dont feel there has been enough testing on the vaccination, and i am concerned about the longer term effects.
On the other hand...i am a front line worker with a family. I have a wife and 3 kids. I don't want any of them to get it. I know it can effect people differently. Moving forward...it is a possibilty my antigens wear off and i could get it in 6 months or so.
I am not sure if i should get it or not. I guess i need to call my buddy Pinball_Gizzard

I had Covid over a year ago now, and these are my reasons for getting the vaccine as soon as possible (Scheduled for next week!!!)

1. I never was officially confirmed, just presumed positive
2. I’ve dealt with ongoing mild symptoms, and the vaccines seem to help with that
3. From what I’ve read, reinfections, though rare, tend to be more severe
4. While there’s less effectiveness, the vaccines do seem to offer some level of protection against the new variants, and I would be susceptible for those since I had “Original Flavor” Covid
5. Being vaccinated may be a prerequisite for some leisure activities so I might as well have it done now instead of when I want to go do something.

Those are my reasons, if that helps you with your decision making.

#22051 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A friend of mine just sent me this, and I'm not sure what to make of it. What the guy is saying is pretty scary, but it seems to go directly against the view held by a majority of the scientific community. In general, I tend to value the collective view over the view of a single individual, especially when science is concerned. What do you guys think? Is there any merit to what this guy is saying, or is he just a nutjob?
https://fos-sa.org/2021/03/12/open-letter-to-the-who-immediately-halt-all-covid-19-mass-vaccinations-geert-vanden-bossche-dmv-phd/

Difficult to find a lot of info about this guy Bossche, but his open letter is being widely picked up and promoted by anti-vax groups. If you have some virology credentials and want to be famous, it's pretty easy to write up a contrarian opinion in a non-scientific paper and the anti-vax sites handle your distribution and publicity for free. The fos-sa site was created June/2020 and appears to be focused on anti-vax and 'natural' herd immunity benefits. Here is a good breakdown of his letter, who is promoting it, and why it is sketchy:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/countering-geert-vanden-bossches-dubious-viral-open-letter-warning-against-mass-covid-19-vaccination/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=countering-geert-vanden-bossches-dubious-viral-open-letter-warning-against-mass-covid-19-vaccination

#22052 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I don’t understand why we have not utilized the national guard to immunize large crowds.
We utilized them to handle civil unrest all last year. We can’t use them to save people?
This is an example of tripping over something bigger to me. But I digress...

There is not enough vaccine available yet to need the National Guard to administer it. In my area there is a waiting list of over 100,000 people that have registered for vaccine but are waiting for the vaccine supply to catch up with the demand. That is just phase 1B. They can not open up the registration in our area to the general population until there is enough supply. Then there will probably be millions on the registration wait list.

#22053 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A friend of mine just sent me this, and I'm not sure what to make of it. What the guy is saying is pretty scary, but it seems to go directly against the view held by a majority of the scientific community. In general, I tend to value the collective view over the view of a single individual, especially when science is concerned. What do you guys think? Is there any merit to what this guy is saying, or is he just a nutjob?
https://fos-sa.org/2021/03/12/open-letter-to-the-who-immediately-halt-all-covid-19-mass-vaccinations-geert-vanden-bossche-dmv-phd/

I'm not going to call this veterinarian (yes, veterinarian, as in a dog doctor) a nutjob right off the bat... however...

This article was addressed to "the entre world population".

He is a bit hyperbolic: "human intervention in the Covid-19pandemic is now at risk of resulting in a global catastrophe without equal". I've also seen a lot of science fiction movies where some type of vaccine or fat burning shot was the cause of the world going to hell. Heck, even #the_walking_dead is based on it.

Still with the hyperbole: "scientists and clinicians are blinded by the positive short-term effects in individual patents, but don’t seem to bother about the disastrous consequences for global health".

Thanks Alex, I'll take things a narcissist would say for 200: "Unless I am scientifically proven wrong"

"Racing against the clock, I am completing my scientific manuscript, the publication of which is, unfortunately"... I clipped that off in mid sentence because this veterinarian is racing against the clock!!!! Tick Tock!!!

"Last Monday, I provided international health organizations, including the WHO, with my analysis of the current pandemic" - Whereas last Monday I made a sandwich... and ate it.

"I urged them to consider my concerns and to initiate a debate on the detrimental consequences of further ‘viral immune escape’." - I give up. I stopped reading after this one, because as he appeals to the WHO, and all the international health organizations, he sounds like a crank.

So overall, yes, this guy worded everything in his manifesto like he is a nutjob. This isn't how serious people write papers, this is written like the author is a wacko. I'm not saying wackos cannot be smart, or even have great ideas. However this one seems to have gone around the bend. I'm very glad that he wants to declare this "THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY OF INTERNATIONAL CONCERN". In science there are occasionally crackpot viewpoints that eventually become accepted theories. But the vast majority of those viewpoints are either just misunderstanding... or the unfortunate result of crazy. I'm pretty sure this guy falls into that second group.

#22054 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I only got half way down the page. Wild, off-the-wall theories that make no logical or scientific sense. Anyone who has even a basic understanding of how vaccines are supposed to work should be able to see some of the holes in his claims. I would say there's an overwhelming amount of scientific evidence *against* what he's saying and very little, if any, for it. It reads as total bunk to me. Who is this guy? Looks like he started out in veterinarian school, then got a PhD in virology? And then went into teaching and the business sector?

#22055 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So overall, yes, this guy worded everything in his manifesto like he is a nutjob. This isn't how serious people write papers,

This. It absolutely does not read like a scientific paper. And it is certainly not how scientists introduce ideas into the scientific community for discussion and review.

It reads like a bunch of rambling nonsense. We don't need another Andrew Wakefield.

#22057 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Wife and I completed the Moderna shots. Both of us got a fever, aches for a day or 2. That did kind of suck, but took some Tylenol and just let our immune systems get their workouts. Now we can lick doorknobs and inhale sneeze clouds in crowded elevators with no worry! J/K, we widened our bubbles, but are still masking up, washing hands, and being careful. Lots of our loved ones and friends haven't had the vaccine yet and don't want to unknowingly expose them. We also like to be good eggs.
Seriously - you can get pretty achy from the second shot, but only take Tylenol. I heard ibuprofen and similar can impede the immune response.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the jab will not inhibit you from acquiring the virus, but should dramatically lessen the symptoms. It also, as of this point, has not been determined to inhibit the spreading from jabbed people.

Again, that is my understanding, but if something has changed, please let me know.

I wouldn't be licking doorknobs, but hey, to each their own.

#22058 3 years ago

Sunday for my first one now... Disneyland!

#22059 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the jab will not inhibit you from acquiring the virus, but should dramatically lessen the symptoms. It also, as of this point, has not been determined to inhibit the spreading from jabbed people.
Again, that is my understanding, but if something has changed, please let me know.
I wouldn't be licking doorknobs, but hey, to each their own.

It is still too early to say but they are starting to think the Pfizer vaccine (and likely Moderna as well) does a pretty good job of preventing spread from those vaccinated as well. The variants (particularly the So. Africa one) are kind of the variable in all of this.

Follow news on Covid out of Israel to get an idea. Over half their country is now vaccinated, primarily with the Pfizer vaccine, and is serving as a world case study in how effective vaccines may be in getting us gradually back to normal.

#22060 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Difficult to find a lot of info about this guy Bossche, but his open letter is being widely picked up and promoted by anti-vax groups. If you have some virology credentials and want to be famous, it's pretty easy to write up a contrarian opinion in a non-scientific paper and the anti-vax sites handle your distribution and publicity for free. The fos-sa site was created June/2020 and appears to be focused on anti-vax and 'natural' herd immunity benefits. Here is a good breakdown of his letter, who is promoting it, and why it is sketchy:
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/countering-geert-vanden-bossches-dubious-viral-open-letter-warning-against-mass-covid-19-vaccination/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=countering-geert-vanden-bossches-dubious-viral-open-letter-warning-against-mass-covid-19-vaccination

Anti vaxxers are ridiculous. They advocate for "natural herd immunity" by letting the virus run through the populace.

They claim it is 99% survivable which even if true equates to 3.5 million dead in the US alone. Pretty callous and selfish way of looking at things if you ask me.

#22061 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Sunday for my first one now... Disneyland!

I'm chomping at the bit to go back to Vegas...

#22062 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have already had Covid. It was super mild for me. I cant even get the vaccine for 3 months anyway, but i should have antigens for 3-6 months or more anyway.

Why do you have to wait 3 months? My understanding is the waiting period of 90 days is only if you got antigen treatments or other similar medical Covid treatments.

I got my vaccine the other day, and having previously had Covid wasn't a ruling out question. The screening questionaire was only concerned with whether or not you had gotten special Covid treatments.

And all the research I've done seems to confirm same. I was at like day 75 when I got my first dose. But my Covid case was mild and I never needed any medical treatment.

#22063 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

While I wait for my turn for the shot, I am doing some navel gazing about sending my kids to school in the fall.
Am I really doing it for their academic health or my mental health? If they get sick, am I going to blame myself for the rest of their lives?
Also, I do not see how the heck they are going to keep the mask on my pre-k kid, let alone any other kid in his class.
But if they are in school, then I have time to do fun stuff like going back to work or cutting buckthorn.
That kind of thing.

It depends on the ages of your kids. Every indication is that elementary age children are very resistant to getting Covid and to getting sick from it. This has been consistent since almost the start.

In my own life, this has proven true. My wife and I had full on Covid (confirmed by tests) for 2 weeks and our 8 year old daughter never tested positive or had any symptoms whatsoever. In spite of having been around us basically the entire time we were symptomatic.

Obviously, you have to do what's right for you, but I wouldn't be particularly worried for your younger children getting it. Unless you had a particular reason to be worried.

#22064 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think at this point they really just want to get jabs into arms and don’t really care about whether or not you have an ironclad case for eligibility.
Nobody I know including myself was required to provide actual proof for the reason they got their shot. I really don’t think they care they just want people to get vaccinated.

Agreed. At the VA here, they're giving shots to any and all Veterans regardless of priority group or age. It's how I got mine on Monday. Kicked my ass too. But I guess it was probably more like a second dose for me, since I had Covid previously.

#22065 3 years ago

My youngest went around trying to score a leftover end-of-day vaccine. One of the clerks gave her some real good advice. Look for the places that generally have open vaccination slots. Those are the places more likely to have vaccine available at the end of the day.

So Publix is all booked up state wide. Good luck with that. CVS is not and you can view vaccination day/time slots at store level. Most stores you can't book anything until the middle of next week,but some areas have lots of time slots available the next day. We're going to target those and try to get her vaccinated this weekend.

#22066 3 years ago
image019 (resized).jpgimage019 (resized).jpg
#22067 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

It depends on the ages of your kids. Every indication is that elementary age children are very resistant to getting Covid and to getting sick from it. This has been consistent since almost the start.
In my own life, this has proven true. My wife and I had full on Covid (confirmed by tests) for 2 weeks and our 8 year old daughter never tested positive or had any symptoms whatsoever. In spite of having been around us basically the entire time we were symptomatic.
Obviously, you have to do what's right for you, but I wouldn't be particularly worried for your younger children getting it. Unless you had a particular reason to be worried.

The problem is if younger people don't get vaccinated as well (assuming pediatric trials show them safe), the virus will continue to mutate and new variants possibly resistant to vaccines will continue to emerge. I thinkngetting parents to vaccinate their children could prove to be problematic and possibly prolong the pandemic.

#22068 3 years ago

More like you'll do anything for the shot because this thing apparently searches out old and unhealthy as its primary target.

#22069 3 years ago

Video explaining efficacy rates, and why J&J's vaccine is lower than the pfizer and moderna vaccines:

#22070 3 years ago

We hit up 5 somewhat rural CVS pharmacies today. Only 2 were doing Covid vaccinations, although all 5 showed as such on the CVS website. We were able to put our daughter and a couple of her friends on the waiting lists at both. Neither list was long. She's 6th on the waiting list at one of them. We had to go back to the other to add her friends. In the roughly 3 hours that elapsed only one other person was added to the list.

A CVS pharmacy tech said they know some people are obviously lying when they schedule appts, but they vaccinate them anyway.

We never saw them check ID. They'd ask for a name, cross them off the list, and sit them down for the shot.

They stop vaccinations around 5 PM. If they call you in off the waiting list, it will be 3:30 to 4:00.

#22071 3 years ago

Got my second shot yesterday. Felt pretty terrible for most of today, including a fever of 100 degrees. Things are starting to turn around though and can only imagine what actual COVID would be like.

#22072 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Video explaining efficacy rates, and why J&J's vaccine is lower than the pfizer and moderna vaccines:

That's a good video, thanks for posting. Wish it could be explained like this to everyone.

#22073 3 years ago

My friend mentioned he just got his first shot at the local Walgreens last week since he is an essential worker and his office checked around for the shortest wait in our area. Besides the standard forms, he just checked off essential worker and was not questioned about it. (works at a law office that gets kids out of dangerous homes so his boss told everyone in the office to go do it)

GA just opened up to age 55 and older, so I checked online Monday and Walgreens had appointments 3 days out, so I got mine today. I told a younger friend, so they called around today and got an end of day shot from another Walgreens nearby.

Seems like the word is going around, and "if you already got it, I want it too" has everyone I know getting vaccinated.

#22075 3 years ago

Just take shot a booze. Works for me!

#22076 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Just take shot a booze. Works for me!

A8A15E25-1478-4A46-B992-D71BDD29BE9B.gifA8A15E25-1478-4A46-B992-D71BDD29BE9B.gif
#22077 3 years ago

Meanwhile...in South Beach, Florida this week during Spring Break.

"F'en Covids is over baby!"

A man dines and and tries to dash...

#22079 3 years ago

We just got our 2nd shot of the Pfizer dose last Wed. Early 60's...zero side effects.

Sort of feels like we are in the home stretch.

#22080 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

We just got our 2nd shot of the Pfizer dose last Wed. Early 60's...zero side effects.
Sort of feels like we are in the home stretch.

So you had no immune system response to the vaccine? Does this likely mean he would have been asymptomatic to an actual COVID infection? One of our concerns with the Pfizer vaccine was the extreme temp requirements and potential for mishandling. Though I’d think it unlikely you’d receive 2 duds 3 weeks apart...

#22082 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So you had no immune system response to the vaccine? Does this likely mean he would have been asymptomatic to an actual COVID infection? One of our concerns with the Pfizer vaccine was the extreme temp requirements and potential for mishandling. Though I’d think it unlikely you’d receive 2 duds 3 weeks apart...

I had a business trip in late 2019 (Boston) and around Feb/March 2020 (again to Boston which was a little bit of a hot spot then), but never felt very ill. I always have sinus issues 24/7/365, so I almost think cold/minor flu symptoms go un-noticed on my end. But I really don't think I ever had COVID. Plus the wife was never ill.

If anything, I think we were just two that fell into the 'no side effects' category.

My neighbor is the director at that vax site, and he hasn't expressed any issues at that site. He even had side effects after his 2nd shot.

I think just lucky on our end.

#22083 3 years ago

So when you get your shot are they giving out some kind of card or dog tags? Or are we all on the honor system now and just trust everyone that says they got a shot. I saw some dude at the grocery store today bitching about having to wear a mask and he was going on and on about getting his 2nd shot this past Friday (2 days ago) and it’s now Sunday.

#22084 3 years ago

I thought I might just put a complication of COVID vaccine myths and answers, just in case...

1. The COVID vaccines were rushed and therefore aren’t safe: incorrect. First of all mRNA vaccines are faster to produce because you only have to sequence the needed protein and then start making the mRNA. Everything else is the same in the vaccine and is already done. Secondly mRNA vaccines have been in development for years and the components of the vaccines have been developed years ago. So, when the need for these vaccines arose they really had most of the groundwork already done.

2. mRNA vaccines will alter your DNA: incorrect. mRNA is just a messenger molecule and does not alter the DNA. Think of it as a copy of a part of a blueprint. That copy is made from the blueprint and doesn't affect the blueprint itself.

3. You can get COVID from the vaccines: Incorrect. There is no actual virus in either of the mRNA vaccines. The J&J vaccine does use a viral carrier but it is not COVID and cannot actually replicate inside the body.

4. There's super secret microchips inside the vaccine that the gubmint will use to track you: Yeah, um...I'd say if you're really concerned about being tracked by the vaccine maybe you should put down your smart phone. It's WAY easier to track you that way.

5. Bill Gates is behind the whole thing and plans to depopulate the planet: Get yer tin foil out.

#22085 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

So when you get your shot are they giving out some kind of card or dog tags? Or are we all on the honor system now and just trust everyone that says they got a shot. I saw some dude at the grocery store today bitching about having to wear a mask and he was going on and on about getting his 2nd shot this past Friday (2 days ago) and it’s now Sunday.

In Indiana, we have a card. There's a sticker on the card for each shot that indicates shot type (in our case Pfizer), dose, lot number, expiration date, and some cryptic info, and when the shot was given. I think it's sort of a standardized card since there's a CDC logo.

Also has my name on it and DOB (birth date), written by hand.

#22086 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I think everyone is supposed to get a standard CDC card titled “Covid 19 Vaccination Record Card”. Name, birthdate, patient record at top; four lines (1st Dose/2nd Dose/Other/Other) and columns for Mfg/Lot number, date of shot and provider info. Don’t remember what’s on the back.

My wife has our cards because she is afraid I’d lose mine. We were thinking of laminating them in case they are needed as proof but haven’t because of the possibility additional booster shore nay be needed in the future. In any event, these are paper cards which can/will be easily forged by yahoo’s that would rather take the time to do so rather than just get the shots.

#22087 3 years ago

A question about vaccine cross-compatibility (PantherCityPins maybe?)

Two weeks ago, I got my first shot of A-Z vaccine. Now, because of some blood clot cases - a few in millions of vaccinations - my country has stopped or postponed using A-Z. I was supposed to have my second shot in May. If the A-Z vaccine does not get a green light here, and my 2nd shot will be a different brand, is there any data available how that will affect the vaccine efficacy?

#22088 3 years ago

A year ago, here in Ontario we locked down when we started to reach 400 daily new cases. Yesterday there was 1800 new cases and places are opening back up.

#22089 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

In Indiana, we have a card. There's a sticker on the card for each shot that indicates shot type (in our case Pfizer), dose, lot number, expiration date, and some cryptic info, and when the shot was given. I think it's sort of a standardized card since there's a CDC logo.
Also has my name on it and DOB (birth date), written by hand.

Quoted from jfh:

I think everyone is supposed to get a standard CDC card titled “Covid 19 Vaccination Record Card”. Name, birthdate, patient record at top; four lines (1st Dose/2nd Dose/Other/Other) and columns for Mfg/Lot number, date of shot and provider info. Don’t remember what’s on the back.
My wife has our cards because she is afraid I’d lose mine. We were thinking of laminating them in case they are needed as proof but haven’t because of the possibility additional booster shore nay be needed in the future. In any event, these are paper cards which can/will be easily forged by yahoo’s that would rather take the time to do so rather than just get the shots.

Thanks guys. It’s gonna be interesting soon when we want to run in to Walmart grab something and the greeter at the door starts requesting “let me see zee paperz!” before you can get in. And you are like “Oh man, I left it in my other jacket at home..” and you get mobbed by Karens.

#22090 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Thanks guys. It’s gonna be interesting soon when we want to run in to Walmart grab something and the greeter at the door starts requesting “let me see zee paperz!” before you can get in. And you are like “Oh man, I left it in my other jacket at home..” and you get mobbed by Karens.

I think you are using the term “Karens” wrong.

#22091 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think everyone is supposed to get a standard CDC card titled “Covid 19 Vaccination Record Card”. Name, birthdate, patient record at top; four lines (1st Dose/2nd Dose/Other/Other) and columns for Mfg/Lot number, date of shot and provider info. Don’t remember what’s on the back...

The back has the date for the 2nd shot, if needed.

#22092 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Looks like this (google image):

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#22093 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

These efficacy rates are difficult to compare IMO. Latest Oxford vaccine safety & efficacy US study, just approved by the FDA, has 79% efficacy rate:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462

Other 'real world' study data gives AZ a greater efficacy (different end point) than the Pfizer vaccine:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-02-22-coronavirus-vaccination-linked-substantial-reduction-hospitalisation-real-world-data

"Based on data from 1.14 million vaccinations which have been administered, scientists from the University of Edinburgh have shown that both the BioNtech/Pfizer and Oxford vaccines are highly effective and that by the fourth week after receiving the initial dose shown to reduce the risk of hospitalisation from COVID-19 by up to 85% and 94%, respectively.".

Very confusing. The main point is- it works and is safe. I'm not sure it's possible to say one vaccine is 'less effective' than another, TBH, unless you have head-to-head comparison in the same trial, with same patient population, methodology, endpoints, measurement approaches etc etc.

Sadly, there are millions of Oxford vaccine doses lying unused and even being disposed of in France and Germany. Unsurprising given the negative, incorrect information people have been fed (media? politicians? both?), leading to these views:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56481031

"Amid much frustration at the slow pace of vaccinations in the EU, a new opinion poll suggests widespread distrust of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. In France more than 60% of respondents in a YouGov survey considered the vaccine unsafe, as did more than half of those questioned in Germany. But in the UK most considered it safe. The EU’s medicines regulator insists the vaccine is safe, and most EU countries are using it. The poll surveyed 8,805 people from 12 to 18 March".

We need to vaccinate people ASAP, and I have to say the tendency of the media to catastrophize and negatively report everything doesn't help. Dare I say some politicians haven't helped, either.

#22094 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Sadly, there are millions of Oxford vaccine doses lying unused and even being disposed of in France and Germany. Unsurprising given the negative, incorrect information people have been fed (media? politicians? both?), leading to these views:

Yes, but even if 60% of the population does not trust the Astra Zeneca vaccine, this leaves 40% looking forward to it (myself included... and yet I have no idea when I am going to vaccinated. I asked my GP to be listed among candidates many weeks ago).

The reason why so many doses lie unused is currently prodigious incompetence, lack of pragmatism (as compared to UK), shifting policies and rampant bureaucracy. The anti-vax climate is not (yet) a factor.

#22095 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:A question about vaccine cross-compatibility (Pinball_Gizzard maybe?)
Two weeks ago, I got my first shot of A-Z vaccine. Now, because of some blood clot cases - a few in millions of vaccinations - my country has stopped or postponed using A-Z. I was supposed to have my second shot in May. If the A-Z vaccine does not get a green light here, and my 2nd shot will be a different brand, is there any data available how that will affect the vaccine efficacy?

You should not mix and match vaccines. I would recommend you start over with a different vaccine should the A-Z vaccine not be available. There’s no data on efficacy when mixing vaccines.

#22096 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think everyone is supposed to get a standard CDC card titled “Covid 19 Vaccination Record Card”. Name, birthdate, patient record at top; four lines (1st Dose/2nd Dose/Other/Other) and columns for Mfg/Lot number, date of shot and provider info.

Yep, that’s what I got as well - I think it’s more for your own records and as a reminder to get the second shot (and the right second shot) on time. Definitely not meant to be a secure ID type proof of vaccination.

That said, it’s kind of similar to a 1980s driver’s license.

#22097 3 years ago

I got my first jab, yesterday. Moderna.

It went smooth and my arm only became sore later in the day. Possibly due to the thickness of that needle alone. I had a fight with my fiancée later, but I’m pretty sure I am just on the verge of crankiness in life now. (Stroke and 3 brain surgeries did that)

But I try to control my crankiness.

The effects of the shot were super minimal. In and out of the center. Very organized now. I hope California will lower restrictions on the vaccine soon.

Looking forward to pinball leagues and events later this year. The future so bright, we gotta wear shades!

#22098 3 years ago

Enthusiasm runs deep in me!

#22099 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

So you are foretelling us to turn towards a police state like Nazi Germany in the late 1930s and into the 1940s? I don't think that would be the direction we would head for vaccines. This is all self limiting. Are there places you could be denied access due to your vaccine status? Sure, at some point. But eventually vaccines will be available to every person in America that wants one. You will be able to get an appointment on a walk-in basis. Two months after that, pretty much the only people that will be showing symptoms and issues from new cases of Covid will be the people that didn't want the vaccine.

As far as I'm concerned, at that point ... Is it too harsh to say there will be less antivaxers? And I'm sure you know what I mean there. But if I'm being too subtle I will explain that 2 months after full vaccine availability, the people catching Covid will be the exact population that expressed their rights to not have protection from Covid. I'm not misanthropic, but the irony of it would be hard to overlook.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/442?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.