272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 576.
#2151 4 years ago

I had to make another Walmart run. Out of trashbags. 1st store was dry. 2nd was full up. Still no chicken in either store.

On way home, I passed 10-12 kids out playing touch football. I see a lockdown coming, but it will probably not happen in my town until someone dies.

#2153 4 years ago

This doesnt belong here. but its better than me saying anything....It just made me happy.

#2154 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

story sounds fishy to me

I see what you did there....

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Now you’re grasping at straws. Plus, if the guy was smart enough to find it from a fish store after listening to trump, then you would think he is smart enough to not take it, or at least look up what he was taking and realize only 600mg is the LD50 level for a rat.

That article seems to indicate that a LOT of people have been ordering the fish tank chloroquine at inflated prices. That is scary.

Sold data on eBay is off the hook for it!

#2156 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

No, I get it. The guy was stupid all by himself and solely responsible. Who knows maybe had a mental condition?
But would he have had the idea in the absence of T's comments? If not, then seems like what T said would not be an insignificant factor.

People have been taking fish medicine for decades. There are even books on how to convert dosages for human dosages. You're really reaching on the blame game. But in all fairness they probably wouldn't have know about it if T didn't mention it.
Same way as the article I posted about the guy in Florida that asked his doctors to prescribe it for him and it cured him.
SO we have one person that used his doctor and got better and one person that self meditated and died. See the difference here.

#2157 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Fun fact- The Spanish flu started in Spanish Harlem

Allegdedly in Kansas Military base. The first case reported

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

This is true. When the machine shop I was working at closed down to move to Mexico we had one older guy have a heart attack. Believed brought on from stress of not being able to find work and his financial situation. And another person hung himself a for same reason. These were just a couple months after the closer. This was around 2009. At that time most of the machine shops in the area had closed down or switch to CNC. There wasn't really any jobs for these older guys that had been there for most there lives.

They must have been too young to retire and draw social security. I would be willing to bet they did not have any kind of pension, either. And probably loaded up with debt.

I am fortunate. I get SS and have a pension. But I understand what it has to be like for those who don't. I was 61.5 years. I could not even get a job as a janitor. Unemployment ran out so I retired.

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

But would he have had the idea in the absence of T's comments? If not, then seems like what T said would not be an insignificant factor.

DO NOT blame Mr. T!!!

0540AA96-7185-41FC-8EF1-0412ACD8DF08 (resized).jpeg0540AA96-7185-41FC-8EF1-0412ACD8DF08 (resized).jpeg

#2160 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

story sounds fishy to me

This one is not fishy. It is more of the SOS.

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Now you’re grasping at straws. Plus, if the guy was smart enough to find it from a fish store after listening to trump, then you would think he is smart enough to not take it, or at least look up what he was taking and realize only 600mg is the LD50 level for a rat.

Interesting read and very promising: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

People have been taking fish medicine for decades. There are even books on how to convert dosages for human dosages. You're really reaching on the blame game. But in all fairness they probably wouldn't have know about it if T didn't mention it.
Same way as the article I posted about the guy in Florida that asked his doctors to prescribe it for him and it cured him.
SO we have one person that used his doctor and got better and one person that self meditated and died. See the difference here.

Damn - you are right - people buy a lot of pet fish antibiotics for personal use. I had no idea. They even review them on Amazon.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Allegdedly in Kansas Military base. The first case reported

https://www.kshs.org/kansapedia/flu-epidemic-of-1918/17805

Fort Riley Kansas. The Army base.

#2164 4 years ago

During the Great Recession in ‘09, an economist wrote that we had to choose between “the car crash” and “cancer” (metaphors for a quick death and a slow death). He later made the point that we chose the cancer, and I believed him. I stayed out of the market for years. 10 years later it’s clear to me that we somehow survived that cancer.

We’re facing a similar moment now, but a pandemic won’t quietly go away like all that bad debt did. We have to choose between two car crashes: an economic depression, or millions of deaths. There’s no “cancer” option this time. We can only choose our catastrophe, and both are unfathomably bad.

Welp, I just really depressed myself.

#2165 4 years ago

I like that they are enrolling 1000's of people in the chloroquineand other studies up in NY and NJ area. It will provide a lot of useful data on it.

This article talks about 4 of the most promising mega trials. We should know which ones are working and how well very soon.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/who-launches-global-megatrial-four-most-promising-coronavirus-treatments

#2166 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

During the Great Recession in ‘09, an economist wrote said we had to choose between “the car crash” and “cancer” (metaphors for a quick death and a slow death). He later made the point that we chose the cancer, and I believed him. I stayed out of the market for years. 10 years later it’s clear to me that we somehow survived that cancer.
We’re facing a similar moment now, but a pandemic won’t quietly go away like all that bad debt did. We have to choose between two car crashes: an economic depression, or millions of deaths. There’s no “cancer” option this time. We can only choose our catastrophe, and both are unfathomably bad.

And after the conference of the task force today - the wrong choice has been made. The absolute wrong choice has been made. It’s disgusting. I’m appalled, ashamed and mortified.

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Missed Dr Fauci on today's WH press conference. He will probably be featured on a future segment of "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong"

He's been replaced by Meat Loaf, just like i predicted.

I'll miss him. He was a source of good information. Maybe he'll start a vlog.

#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Still chewing on these 2 comments:
1. “The mortality rate is a lot lower than we thought it would be.”
2. Paraphrase: Deaths from an economic crash could be much worse than deaths from the virus

God help us.

#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I like that they are enrolling 1000's of people in the chloroquineand other studies up in NY and NJ area. It will provide a lot of useful data on it.
This article talks about 4 of the most promising mega trials. We should know which ones are working and how well very soon.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/who-launches-global-megatrial-four-most-promising-coronavirus-treatments

Good comments. I think 10,00 doses are heading to NY. and will be administered Tues. But I think it's hydroxychloroquine, not chloroquine - which appears to be a better option. That many doses should provide decent feedback of the effectiveness. Fingers crossed it's a game changer.

#2170 4 years ago

LMAO. HaHaHa.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/business/cannabis-advocates-governors-essential-business-letter/index.html

Someone did not get the news that cannabis is not legal at the Federal level. So I doubt state governors are going are going buy in on this.

"Cannabis advocates, medical nonprofits and veterans groups are urging state governors to not shut off access to cannabis businesses.

Marijuana Policy Project, a cannabis legalization organization, drafted a pair of open letters to state governors urging them to declare cannabis operations as "essential" businesses; to adopt measures such as online ordering, telemedicine, and contactless delivery; and limit red tape on aspects such as hiring requirements and medical card renewals.

#2171 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200323-201201~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200323-201201~2 (resized).png
#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

During the Great Recession in ‘09, an economist wrote said we had to choose between “the car crash” and “cancer” (metaphors for a quick death and a slow death). He later made the point that we chose the cancer, and I believed him. I stayed out of the market for years. 10 years later it’s clear to me that we somehow survived that cancer.

The debate between Millions of Deaths or Economy is now center stage.
I did this battle with my brother. He wants to have seen just let the virus take its course,
instead of the economic loss.... "Should have done it from the start"

When we get to numbers, and he quotes Bloomberg, WSJ, etc...The Mortality rates all assume one thing,
EVERYONE getting treatment.

In letting it run the course, we are clueless to the death rate with no treatment of all ages.
We dont know, if that could help mutation.
We dont know if that makes the estimate go from 1-2 Million people, to 20-30 Million people.....

We do have to ask the question very soon, which is that we didnt follow Asian models of War on this,
and we may have to concede Pandemic, and let the shit fly.

I am not sure how the country will respond to piles of Bodies, people dying alone and bleeding out,
and the horrors, we have yet to know.

Equally, we dont know if we will have a vaccine soon.

How Much Money lost, is a Life worth?
How Many deaths are an "Acceptable" sacrifice for anyone to decide?

Will we be Ok with these images?

NY will give us these answers in the next 3 weeks.

#2173 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200323-201459~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200323-201459~2 (resized).png
#2174 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They must have been too young to retire and draw social security. I would be willing to bet they did not have any kind of pension, either. And probably loaded up with debt.
I am fortunate. I get SS and have a pension. But I understand what it has to be like for those who don't. I was 61.5 years. I could not even get a job as a janitor. Unemployment ran out so I retired.

A little of both. The guy that hung himself was in his early 50's and the older guy was strapped with debt from a nasty divorce. We did qualify for the NAFTA TAA benefits. So we had a good run of unemployment. But like you said there was just nothing available at that time.

#2176 4 years ago

Interesting SnipIt of the active flights right now (I help track flights for FlightAware). Notice most are outbound, not inbound.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2177 4 years ago

I cannot believe these lunatics are talking about "loosening distancing protocols" and "reopening the economy" in a matter of days. This is madness.

The economy isn't going to recover with our health care system destroyed and 100s of people dying a day. Over 100 deaths today, for the first time.

I cannot believe this is happening in this country. We are JUST getting people used to this shit and now we are gonna say "ah, never mind, the doctors and health experts are idiots we have to get Pizza Hut open again for sit downs. Fuck it."

You guys are all ok with this idea?

#2178 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Equally, we dont know if we will have a vaccine soon.

A preventative vaccine is going to be 12-18 months away.

However, treatment options for those infected might be available sooner, and the treatment option(s) may hopefully ease symptoms and increase the survival rate.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe these lunatics are talking about "loosening distancing protocols" and "reopening the economy" in a matter of days. This is madness.
The economy isn't going to recover with our health care system destroyed and 100s of people dying a day. Over 100 deaths today, for the first time.
I cannot believe this is happening in this country. We are JUST getting people used to this shit and now we are gonna say "ah, never mind, the doctors and health experts are idiots we have to get Pizza Hut open again for sit downs. Fuck it."

The first thing this is was a Fox Sunday Commentary, picked up and repeated at the top, and therefore full of support...
It gives some sense of plausible deniability in the future...."I wanted to do this, but......"
Throw enough shit in every direction, and come back and pick what you want in the future.
From someone I value, or now value less.
"Just let the old and sick people die.....whats the difference if we lose a few million people, money is more
important"

There is another way to look at it, If restrictions are eased or not, and NY is in hell, Trump will shut the bridges, and assign even more blame. God help the people in NY and the Island....getting food, and necessities could be a problem. Everyone is saying get the hell out, but also saying go somewhere else.

And who are the morons, that said we should find a place to quarantine seniors and the sick...
Great, Housing for 20 Million.

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, I'm already working with hundreds of strangers in my personal space on a daily biases. So wouldn't effect me. To be honest I'm not ok with opening any place with public access at this time. But I don't see why many other business that don't have public access couldn't still be open with stricter rules.

#2181 4 years ago

It just seems like we are finally making progress, and now we are gonna throw it all away to keep Laura Ingraham happy.

I feel like I’m gonna puke.

#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trump didn't say one way or another today, but I came away from it believing he wants to open things up too soon. Sooner than we have good data to support. He deflected on who makes the decision medical people or him or others. He basically said he takes it all into consideration.

Dr. Birx was walking a tightrope when she fielded the 'when' questions and pretty clearly answered that it would be data driven and evaluated on the 15th day of our 'pause'.

I wasn't super happy with her comments on mortality for younger people. That answer seemed to be preparing us for an age driven return to normal strategy. And she was using data from China and South Korea. We don't have enough mortality data here yet to draw those kinds of conclusions.

And then there are a lot of 'tough decision' talking points making the rounds. The TX LT Governor just told Tucker Carlson in an interview that grandparents would be willing to take the risk for saving the economy for their grandchildren.

#2183 4 years ago

So this is how America ends. With a cable "News" propaganda network making our public health decisions for us.

We are gonna be a third world country in a couple months.

#2184 4 years ago

Listening to his speech, I don’t think he was really serious about opening things back up. But....if he says that, then it freezes the market with that possibility and probably limits the downside. Also it buys time to see if any of their new treatments are going to work. Basically, he’s taking a gamble...if the treatments work and saves the day in New York, then opening things back up might be a possibility in a couple months. Regardless of it works though, they won’t be opening things back up for at least a month, and probably two as they still don’t have enough tests and it will take 2 to 4 weeks to validate results probably.

#2185 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Listening to his speech, I don’t think he was really serious about opening things back up. But....if he says that, then it freezes the market with that possibility and probably limits the downside. Also it buys time to see if any of their new treatments are going to work. Basically, he’s taking a gamble...if the treatments work and saves the day in New York, then opening things back up might be a possibility in a couple months. Regardless of it works though, they won’t be opening things back up for at least a month, and probably two as they still don’t have enough tests and it will take 2 to 4 weeks to validate results probably.

I hope you are right man. The vibe I'm getting is these idiots want America open for business in a matter of days. That's what Laura Ingraham wants, and she calls the shots now, for each and every one of us.

#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

The TX LT Governor just told Tucker Carlson in an interview that grandparents would be willing to take the risk for saving the economy for their grandchildren.

J.F.C.

PLEASE tell me we're not coming to this. What the fuck is wrong with people? Despite the deep veneer of polished bullshit, this is NOT the America I was taught we are supposed to be.

Why don't we just start a purge? Or make the Hunger Games real?

Seriously that is one of the most chilling things I've ever heard a (ELECTED?!?!) politician say.

Capitalism, baby! We are so goddamn fucked.

*edit* 10 minutes later I'm still literally sick to my stomach. Just... I can't. Seriously disturbed. What. The. Fuck. How do we fix this?!?!

#2187 4 years ago

For all of us Grateful for the 500,000 tests that flew out of Italy, our news
has been a bit secret as to where they are made.
Apparently, they were donated by Alibaba's Jack Ma, and made in China.

We needed to avoid letting the Public know the help came from China last week,
in the middle of media flaming and blame.

#2188 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From what I am seeing, landscape technicians all around my town are still oblivious to the recent laws set down.
But who is going to do anything when they mow everybody's lawn including the lawmakers and peacekeepers except a few?
I still aint going to be the guy reporting them, there are just too many. But just sayin'.

I have a mowing business and our state was put under restrictions today. The list actually has my job as essential and it sld be imo. I take care of 80+ apartments and houses in town. I cant imagine letting them.go and getting super overgrown as it doesn't take long for mother nature to take things back over. Overgrown places can cause their own problems with bugs, animals and trash. I work alone and keep to myself most of the time but will definitely be with all this stuff going on. People going to the grocery stores and liquor stores are more a issue than me and most landscaping companies are imo.

#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This raises an interesting question; can you be moderated for insulting yourself?

I’m sure you can

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is how America ends.
We are gonna be a third world country in a couple months.

The 65+ crowd is kinda like the Wu Tang Clan in politics - they ain't nuthin to fuck with. Don't count them out. If T starts doing stuff that makes all those boomers feel scared, Trump is gonna back off that 'cure is worse than the disease' stuff.

He was clearly not himself today at the press conference and we haven't even seen the real shit hit yet. Over the next 2-3 weeks, I don't think there is any way he will be able to call off the slow downs in whole.

And with some treatments becoming available, including antibody testing and harvesting, and better testing and surveillance - I think some laser focused start ups can happen safely. Much like South Korea.

#2191 4 years ago

Well just got some terrifying news.
They had parent teacher conferences two weeks ago at the school my wife teaches at. All the teachers were just notified that one of the parents that attended tested positive. Luckily the room was at the other side of the building from my wife. Pretty sure her school is now closed for the year. They are still saying it is only for two more weeks then they will let us know if closer is longer.

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe this is happening in this country. We are JUST getting people used to this shit and now we are gonna say "ah, never mind. Fuck it."

The media was asking Trump about months possibly into July and August and he was talking about possibly weeks for some states that are not getting hit as hard as NY and CA. You make it sound like he said in a couple of days and somehow you have no gripe about Dems holding up aid and assistance from Americans that needed it last week. Why don't we wait and see what states start easing restrictions sooner than later before you go full TDS, your in NY so they will be one of the last to follow suit anyway.

#2193 4 years ago

Anyone else gaining weight and almost out of bourbon?

#2194 4 years ago

I’m deemed essential as well, hell so is GameStop, economy is not getting nearly as crushed as people are thinking, but that can change quickly.

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The media was asking Trump about months possibly into July and August and he was talking about possibly weeks for some states that are not getting hit as hard as NY and CA. You make it sound like he said in a couple of days and somehow you have no gripe about Dems holding up aid and assistance from Americans that needed it last week. Why don't we wait and see what states start easing restrictions sooner than later before you go full TDS, your in NY so they will be one of the last to follow suit anyway.

Yeah now's a great time for another handout package for billionaires.

Glad there's some resistance.

#2196 4 years ago

Regardless of what the feds do, it will really come down to the governors. I watch our governor’s speech today, and it doesn’t seem like he’s ready to accept a legacy of mass death. He seems to be taking this very very seriously. I was impressed, there was no political content in his speech at all that I can remember.

#2197 4 years ago

As the July 2018 Employee of the Month we here at GameStop urge you to do your civic duty, stay in the malls, and ignore this hoax.

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah now's a great time for another handout package for billionaires.
Glad there's some resistance.

Same old shit. Let's put businesses out of business and get people working again. The Nation is on the financial brink and class warfare is still front and center.

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

As the July 2018 Employee of the Month we here at GameStop urge you to do your civic duty, stay in the malls, and ignore this hoax.

FIND MY DAUGHTER A NINTENDO SWITCH, AND I PROMISE WE'LL KILL GRAMMA TO GET THE MONEY!

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Same old shit. Let's put businesses out of business and get people working again.

whut?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.