272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 576.
#2101 4 years ago

Missed Dr Fauci on today's WH press conference. He will probably be featured on a future segment of "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong"

#2102 4 years ago

Fun fact- The Spanish flu started in Spanish Harlem

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Oh dang, We might have to ad that to Wikipedia now.

#2104 4 years ago

Disregard, website is reporting flaky numbers.

fp (resized).PNGfp (resized).PNG
#2105 4 years ago

Fun fact, Spanish Eyes was originally going to be called Spanish Flu.

#2106 4 years ago

Trump not doing a bad job at press conference. So far no punching down, no cheap shots, no China Virus. Talking up federal government role in helping with distribution and management, support, etc.

Trying to walk a fine line between keeping country shut down and keeping economy going. Handling reporter questions with more self control today.

Semi apologized to Asian Americans for people treating them poorly over the last couple weeks, but didn't come out and say he started it with China Virus comments or apologize personally for same. You can tell why he's saying it though and he has not said China Virus one time.

Dr. Birx doing a good job of talking about hotspots in US. NY coronavirus tests are coming back at 28% positive vs 8% in rest of country. Seems like they are going to be focusing on testing and surveillance over the coming weeks to determine where the virus is. Will be using the data to help fine tune the current social policies.

A good discussion of antibody testing to help flesh out how many people have had it, to identify antibody donors. Good new tests coming up for this as well as a self swab for Covid soon.

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Fun fact, Spanish Eyes was originally going to be called Spanish Flu.

Fun fact- I just had Spanish rice with my chicken and it was delicious.

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Good new tests coming up for this as well as a self swab for Covid soon.

This is the only thing I'm looking for.....the most important tool, 8 weeks late but we'll take it.

#2109 4 years ago

Didn't seem to be on the same page with medical people regarding the length of time we would be on lockdown. A lot of back and forth on his comments regarding the "cure cant be worse than the disease". He didn't commit to opening things up after the 15 day period, but seemed to want to open some things up.

The path seems to revolve around getting more information on the disease spread, hotspots, etc. Talked about a couple different tacts to take including possibility of more targeted restrictions - geography, age, etc.

#2110 4 years ago

Targeted restrictions make sense, if people actually follow them. The problem is people have already demonstrated they won’t even follow simple guidelines.

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Didn't seem to be on the same page with medical people regarding the length of time we would be on lockdown. A lot of back and forth on his comments regarding the "cure cant be worse than the disease". He didn't commit to opening things up after the 15 day period, but seemed to want to open some things up.
The path seems to revolve around getting more information on the disease spread, hotspots, etc. Talked about a couple different tacts to take including possibility of more targeted restrictions - geography, age, etc.

When I say not on same page, I didn't mean they openly disagreed on stage. Just that he obviously wants to open things up, but seems to understand that he can't promise a date. Many reporters pressed him on those statements, but he never gave a firm answer.

Birx pretty much reiterated that she does not know when things can get back to normal, we are still in a learning phase, need more data, let's evaluate on day 15 of the 15 day pause, etc.

No one asked me to live comment on this but I did. Hope I was fair and accurate with it.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Can you imagine where we would be if he controlled the news

Airstrip One. We would be in Airstrip One and we would have ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia, or is it Eastasia? Anyway, it’s whom ever BB on the big screen says it is.

If only we coulda seen this coming.

#2113 4 years ago

Fun fact, before the Spanish Flu spread to Spain it was called "Flu, what is it good for?".

#2114 4 years ago

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166

This is just sad and EXACTLY why medical professionals are trying to tamp down the hysteria over this drug.

Please people, there's a reason we train for 7-12 years AFTER college.

#2115 4 years ago

Fun fact- I once took Spanish fly and banged a Spanish hooker while jamming Spanish Lullaby

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Fun fact- I once took Spanish fly and banged a Spanish hooker while jamming Spanish Lullaby

This is the kind of content that keeps me coming back to Pinside!

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You mean Spanish Fly?

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Well....don't leave us hangin'; what was his name?!

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166
This is just sad and EXACTLY why medical professionals are trying to tamp down the hysteria over this drug.

This is more simply people who don’t follow directions. The drug has historically been available for those traveling to areas where malaria is present. It comes with specific directions on how to use it. I’m betting people ordered it from outside the country in directions other than English.

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

This is more simply people who don’t follow directions. The drug has historically been available for those traveling to areas where malaria is present. It comes with specific directions on how to use it. I’m betting people ordered it from outside the country in directions other than English.

Also, I am betting they didn't utilize a physician to help them. Just a hunch, but I'm a smart guy.

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well....don't leave us hangin'; what was his name?!

Ramon

#2122 4 years ago

Still chewing on these 2 comments:

1. “The mortality rate is a lot lower than we thought it would be.”
2. Paraphrase: Deaths from an economic crash could be much worse than deaths from the virus

#2123 4 years ago

According to the article they used some preparation that is used in fish tanks? God only knows what dosage was in that preparation.

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Also, I am betting they didn't utilize a physician to help them. Just a hunch, but I'm a smart guy.

You sure are.

#2125 4 years ago

Also, handshaking has been banned forever starting today. Thank goodness.

#2126 4 years ago

According to the article they used some preparation that is used in fish tanks? God only knows what dosage was in that preparation.

Yeah. Not smart. Probably specifically said not for human consumption on the bottle as well.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

But have you called your Mom lately to verify that you're a handsome boy?

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

B638E80A-B6B7-4955-A96A-8A8EB1B71247.gifB638E80A-B6B7-4955-A96A-8A8EB1B71247.gif
#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Still chewing on these comments:
“The mortality rate is a lot lower than we thought it would be.”
(Paraphrase Deaths from an economic crash could be much worse than deaths from the virus

Definitely off script there on that. He likes to contrast the mortality of Covid with lots of things that make it look less consequential. Today he reiterated that we have a bad flu season with 50,000 deaths - so many more than coronavirus! Then mentioned death from car accidents. Dude made a cargument for why we should consider going back to normal. "We aren't talking about getting rid of cars" or something to that effect.

You know what happens to everyone else on Pinside that makes a cargument.....

#2130 4 years ago

I was throwing shade at someone else with that comment, you may not have gotten the joke. The clues were:

Hunch and Smart Guy

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I was throwing shade at someone else with that comment, you may not have gotten the joke. The clues were:
Hunch and Smart Guy

I got it. But couldn’t resist after reading your comment thinking about that episode. “I’m Jerry Smith!”

#2132 4 years ago

But keep it coming, I enjoy the attention!

Plus I am bored.

#2133 4 years ago

Lionman!

38DB2233-0CCF-4F96-96D8-763BEFE13148 (resized).jpeg38DB2233-0CCF-4F96-96D8-763BEFE13148 (resized).jpeg
#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

It is REALLY hard to feel sorry for the airline industry considering how they have treated customers so bad for so long.
Reducing seat sizes, excess baggage fees, etc..
It’s like trying to feel sorry for a bank robber who broke his leg.

I totally agree.

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

But keep it coming, I enjoy the attention!
Plus I am bored.

As are all of us.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Still chewing on these 2 comments:
1. “The mortality rate is a lot lower than we thought it would be.”
2. Paraphrase: Deaths from an economic crash could be much worse than deaths from the virus

I could see heart attacks and suicides from an economic crash being a significant number.

#2137 4 years ago

Serious question - with a mini-poll. Upvote for "no". Downvote for "yes".

Did Trump have a hand in that Arizona man's death (even if just 1%) by promoting chloroquine as a game changing drug for coronavirus?

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Serious question - with a mini-poll. Upvote for "yes". Downvote for "no".
Did Trump have a hand in that Arizona man's death by promoting chloroquine as a game changing drug for coronavirus?

Really? If he took aquarium products that are labeled not for human consumption, how is that on anyone but them?

#2139 4 years ago
19D1BF78-0A32-4593-8BFF-7BB2200B6ABD (resized).png19D1BF78-0A32-4593-8BFF-7BB2200B6ABD (resized).png
#2140 4 years ago

Really? If he took aquarium products that are labeled not for human consumption, how is that on anyone but them?

Not saying Trump hid them in the guy's Big Mac. Or that Trump is 100% responsible. Maybe just 1% responsible? Just saying he might not have been aware or as interested in the drug if POTUS hadn't been talking about it so much.

You can change your vote if I have persuaded you.

#2141 4 years ago

Sounds like something the press would ask the president.

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Not saying Trump hid them in the guy's Big Mac. Or that Trump is 100% responsible. Maybe just 1% responsible? Just saying he might not have been aware or as interested in the drug if POTUS hadn't been talking about it so much.
You can change your vote if I have persuaded you.

I see the point you are trying to make, but if someone is willing to take something labeled not for human consumption (and most likely poisonous as well) there is a Darwin Award for those people.

#2143 4 years ago

Coroners report better list cause of death as stupidity

#2145 4 years ago

No, I get it. The guy was stupid all by himself and solely responsible. Who knows maybe had a mental condition?

But would he have had the idea in the absence of T's comments? If not, then seems like what T said would not be an insignificant factor.

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got my own solution.
When they show up next door and start up their equipment, I'll go out and say hi and start coughing all over the place.

Do it like Hollywood. Get a mouthful of egg whites and some chunks of ham and then go caught and upchuck on their equipment.

#2147 4 years ago

Now you’re grasping at straws. Plus, if the guy was smart enough to find it from a fish store after listening to trump, then you would think he is smart enough to not take it, or at least look up what he was taking and realize only 600mg is the LD50 level for a rat.

#2148 4 years ago

Today’s talking point: the disease is worse than the cure.

Yesterday’s: WHO blew it by not literally saying “Pandemic” fast enough.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

"How I met your mother"

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I could see heart attacks and suicides from an economic crash being a significant number.

This is true. When the machine shop I was working at closed down to move to Mexico we had one older guy have a heart attack. Believed brought on from stress of not being able to find work and his financial situation. And another person hung himself a for same reason. These were just a couple months after the closer. This was around 2009. At that time most of the machine shops in the area had closed down or switch to CNC. There wasn't really any jobs for these older guys that had been there for most there lives.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/43?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.