272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 576.
#21650 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

486,470 people in just the U.S. have died.
What is your solution?

2-3 days later and we are at 496,063 deaths.

In 1969, 400,000 attended Woodstock Music Festival. For perspective, here is what that sea of people looked like. And we are beyond that and still counting.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#21651 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Thankfully my wife is now fully vaccinated, but we did have a stretch there where she would be exposed again and again to a confirmed case. She had to keep working thru all of it (exposure was expected and continued work was company policy), and At one point 1/4 of her support staff had confirmed cases.
We too set up a “quarantine wing” in our house, but the hardest part was the at home masking part. Trying to explain to our then 9 month old that they couldn’t remove mommy’s mask and that mommy couldn’t hold them went about as well as one would expect. Honestly, we are lucky she didn’t catch it because it’s a near certainty the kiddos would have caught it from her, and then they would give it to me.

so without the "vaccine", your wife would never pick up your infant?

#21652 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You guys are weird down there. Using logic to respond to a medical emergency? Strange (I’m jealous).

No one is happy about it but if we act quickly hopefully we'll stop it being a Third Wave .
At least traffic will be good again

#21654 3 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I had Moderna and my boss who is a clinician told me to take Tylonal every 8 hours and drink tons of water after the 2nd shot. Did this religiously for 3 days and had no symptoms outside of the sore arm. Sounds I was one of the luckier ones

I read somewhere taking Tylonal or Ibuprofen can lessen the effect of the vaccine anybody read this?

#21655 3 years ago

We assume this one is going to act like the one in 1918. And we have no clue.

My girl friend just got her first Covid vaccine. I will get my 2nd dose on Feb 25 and she will get here 2nd dose on March 10. But we will still need to practice social distancing and wear masks. About the only thing that will change is if we are exposed then we are not supposed to die.

I don't know about Australia but the U.S. is shooting to have everyone vaccinated by summer, or thereabouts. This is still 8 to 9 months away. And in the meantime...we social distance and wear masks.

#21656 3 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I read somewhere taking Tylonal or Ibuprofen can lessen the effect of the vaccine anybody read this?

There is some thought that Ibuprofen or other non-steroidals might blunt the immune response to the vaccine. Tylenol has no such effect.

So, I tell my patients to take Tylenol as needed for symptoms after the vaccine and avoid NSAIDS for 2-3 days.

#21657 3 years ago

Agreed on the NSAIDs, especially before the injection.

On the side effect side of things, it is so random. Data suggests second shot tends to be worse. My wife said it was no worse than a tetanus shot. First shot though put her in bed for 36 hrs. She couldn’t open her eyes or move her head hurt so bad.

My 95 yr old grandma said and I quote “I couldn’t feel a darn thing but my knee still hurts”. Grandmas...

My parents said it was no worse than the flu shot after their first dose. They haven’t had the second yet.

My personal opinion is that I am not looking forward to it, but I am not stepping out of line either. I am patiently/impatiently waiting for my number. I would rather spend two days in bed drinking Sprite then 2 weeks in the icu.

And I will do it every year for as long as it is necessary.

#21658 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know about Australia but the U.S. is shooting to have everyone vaccinated by summer, or thereabouts. This is still 8 to 9 months away. And in the meantime...we social distance and wear masks.

We haven't had any vaccinations yet but they are getting close to a roll out .
There are so many countries way worse than us . I can't remember the last time we had a covid death , so I can understand why we're at the back of the que .

#21659 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

On the side effect side of things, it is so random.

Seems to be right in line with the symptoms of the virus. Some people say they have none at all, while others are wrecked and/or die.

My wife is on day 12 and out of isolation. Her temperature was never over 100F, and has been normal for 4 days now. She still tires easily. She has leg aches when standing for a while or late evening. Yesterday, she started having pain in her lower side. Maybe it's related, maybe not.

My son was tested yesterday, and they did not do a rapid test. 3-5 days for results. It seems there's no urgency there, and it's pretty aggravating. Sure, the rapid test is less accurate, but it's still good data when framed correctly. He's not showing any symptoms, but if he's positive, I still need to distance from him.

I've had some minor symptoms that I wouldn't give a second thought in other circumstances. My doctor and Virginia Department of Health are giving me mixed messages. My PCR test came back negative, and VDH said it was done too early to be helpful. It was 7 days after my wife's symptoms started. My doctor said to quarantine 7 days after the negative test. VDH says 14 days after my wife left isolation. That's a difference of 10 days. VDH says to talk to my doctor for guidance. When I asked my doctor if I should retest, she said she would defer to VDH guidance. WTF?

Luckily, I can work from home, so just waiting out the longest suggested quarantine and monitoring symptoms seems like the best approach. It's hard to believe that a year into this, we are still this disorganized.

#21660 3 years ago

I received my two shots kind of early because of working
in healthcare.(PTA). The crappy thing going on in Kentucky
is that the population I serve (special needs adults) have not
been prioritized to receive their shots yet. It's ridiculous.

Our day program closed the first 12 weeks of the outbreak.
We opened up at about 20% capacity in the summer til now
and I have been on partial unemployment . I found out the
other day that a lot of my people haven't been sent back because
the housing companies have been getting more money while their
clients have stayed home . It really sucks.

Hopefully we.can get all our people vaccinated and they
all can come back. Really miss them. The social aspect of a
day program is vital for everyone including this old fart. Haha

20181031_152359 (resized).jpg20181031_152359 (resized).jpg
#21661 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

New movie idea:
"Pandemic: origins"[quoted image]

I’ve lost 40 pounds this pandemic and not even trying.

-no more huge work lunches every day at restaurants
-no more going to bar to drink and play pinball 3-4 nights a week after work
-way more home cooking with the babe than eating out

Had my annual checkup yesterday, doctor says he’s seen a lot of that. Take away our social lives and some us do a lot less eating.

I’ve been dying to drop some weight for years but could never seem to get it going. When this ends I’m going to desperately try to keep these new habits. It’s almost a gift, I hadn’t stepped on a scale in ages and was pretty shocked. Gotta take advantage of this moment.

#21662 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

The crappy thing going on in Kentucky

It seems to be the common refrain. Everybody wants to be prioritized. Not trying to go thumbs down on you.. It is just that there is a long line wanting the vaccine. That is a happy problem to have, I suppose; The flip side are the anti-vaxers.
-------------------------------------

My niece is 54. She is retarded with many health issues (she is now on her 6th pacemaker). One lung was damaged (destroyed at birth) and the other lung is only at 50% capacity. She wears a portable oxygen generator and goes to work one day per week at a Nat'l dept. store. I talked with her this morning and she has been exposed to Covid from a co-worker. She is waiting on her test results. So far, she displays no symptoms.

If anybody should be getting a vaccine, it is her, but her crazy coot of a mother, who is not going to get vaccinated, is probably not going to push for my niece to be vaccinated. In Twitter language: Dumb. But I will say dumb, IMO.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Unions want the meat packers at the front of the line.

Parents want the school teachers back to school so teachers need to be prioritized.

The school teachers are wanting prioritized.

Rich people are trying to cheat their way to the front of the line.

Healthcare workers are at the front of the line, and if they are not they should be.

Police are out there on the fronts lines. I don't know where the cops are at in line.

right now, there is not enough vaccine to go around, but it looks like the powers are trying to pull all of the stops. And when the vaccine arrives there have to be qualified people to administer it. The Army is being deployed. But it all takes time and the vaccine is just now starting to roll out in some semblance of organization.

I read where CVS and Walgreens are getting tooled up to be vaccine centers.

300 million people is going to take awhile. Not everyone is going to be happy.

#21663 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Had my annual checkup yesterday, doctor says he’s seen a lot of that. Take away our social lives and some us do a lot less eating.
I’ve been dying to drop some weight for years but could never seem to get it going. When this ends I’m going to desperately try to keep these new habits. It’s almost a gift, I hadn’t stepped on a scale in ages and was pretty shocked. Gotta take advantage of this moment.

That's awesome Levi! I love success stories, and I love Lemon to Lemonaide just as much.

Write yourself a note, with an older pic of yourself

And keep up the new regime (don't call it a diet, those are temporary).

#21664 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I received my two shots kind of early because of working
in healthcare.(PTA). The crappy thing going on in Kentucky
Our day program closed the first 12 weeks of the outbreak.
We opened up at about 20% capacity in the summer til now
and I have been on partial unemployment . I found out the
other day that a lot of my people haven't been sent back because
the housing companies have been getting more money while their
clients have stayed home . It really sucks.
Hopefully we.can get all our people vaccinated and they
all can come back. Really miss them. The social aspect of a
day program is vital for everyone including this old fart. Haha[quoted image]

Here is an article with a little bit of info. on how the vaccine distribution is working, or getting started to work. I agree with Connecticut Governor on his statement that The Feds should distribute the vaccine to each state's governors. This puts the Feds with 50 locations to ship to. And them let the governors sort it out inside their own state.

As for prioritizing: "There's just a lot of confusion," he said. " Is a restaurant worker less essential than a teacher, who's less essential than a daycare worker?"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-this-governor-says-bidens-vaccine-rollout-compares-to-trumps-195330651.html

And this one talks about disabled people are getting pushed lower in line. I am glad I am not the one who has to make the decisions on who comes to the front of the line; Or who gets pushed to the bottom.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/put-life-hold-disability-groups-162408978.html

#21665 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The opposite for me. I have been packing the pounds on. I get my 2nd shot on Feb. 25. If the Y is not crazy busy, I am going to sign up and go swimming every day.

#21666 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

That's awesome Levi! I love success stories, and I love Lemon to Lemonaide just as much.
Write yourself a note, with an older pic of yourself
And keep up the new regime (don't call it a diet, those are temporary).

Thanks Ron! Good advice and absolutely right.

#21667 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The opposite for me. I have been packing the pounds on. I get my 2nd shot on Feb. 25. If the Y is not crazy busy, I am going to sign up and go swimming every day.

I hear ya, since I lost my job last March I’ve been teaching my daughter to cook. We’ve been baking bread, making donuts, making candy, on top of large home cooked meals. The freezer is full, the pantry is packed, and the fridge always has leftovers to snack on.

Other then running out for produce, milk and eggs. We could comfortably lockdown for a couple weeks if need be.

#21668 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is an article with a little bit of info. on how the vaccine distribution is working, or getting started to work. I agree with Connecticut Governor on his statement that The Feds should distribute the vaccine to each state's governors. This puts the Feds with 50 locations to ship to. And them let the governors sort it out inside their own state.
As for prioritizing: "There's just a lot of confusion," he said. " Is a restaurant worker less essential than a teacher, who's less essential than a daycare worker?"
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-this-governor-says-bidens-vaccine-rollout-compares-to-trumps-195330651.html
And this one talks about disabled people are getting pushed lower in line. I am glad I am not the one who has to make the decisions on who comes to the front of the line; Or who gets pushed to the bottom.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/put-life-hold-disability-groups-162408978.html

With the increase in supply coming and expanding to pharmacy roll out, everyone seems to be forecasting a surplus of available vaccine beginning as soon as April. I think everyone that wants one will be able to get one before summer for sure and maybe by April/May.

#21669 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Unions want the meat packers at the front of the line.
Parents want the school teachers back to school so teachers need to be prioritized.
The school teachers are wanting prioritized.
Rich people are trying to cheat their way to the front of the line.
Healthcare workers are at the front of the line, and if they are not they should be.
Police are out there on the fronts lines. I don't know where the cops are at in line.

You left out “DaveH wants the DaveHs to be at the head of the line”. It’s not selfish, and I feel all the DaveHs should be there, not just me. That’s the plan when my state hits Phase 3.14159

#21670 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You left out “DaveH wants the DaveHs to be at the head of the line”. It’s not selfish, and I feel all the DaveHs should be there, not just me. That’s the plan when my state hits Phase 3.14159

As a DaveH myself, I support this message!

#21671 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Not waffle related but...
I know we've discussed Covid19 coming from a lab a few times and that it was thought to be more of a conspiracy theory. However, this was a pretty interesting 8 minute discussion about vaccine differences and "possibility/probability" that Covid19 was created in a lab or at least being studdied. Some of the reasoning is that the virus 1) Has a "Gain of Function" by jumping from animals 2) Jump from people to people 3) Mutating to a more deadlier (pathagenic) strain instead of getting milder like most viruses. All of which do not normally happen in nature without tweaking it. My only complaint is that the scientist gave his opinion of 90% that it came from a lab but didnt expand on it. Still, very very interesting.

You can look at the conversation on this guys podcast from the last year. I heard them toss the tailored theories in detail, which was carefully discussed, but now we have almost one year on that podcast and learnings.

Eric Weinstein is fairly interesting. He has had bad encounters with the accused child molester Epstein.

That is some interesting conversation from him.

I’m sorry I’ll digress and tell you briefly.

He met Epstein and called him a “construct”.

Later he was invited to his home or office with another intellectual.

He sat in the waiting room and discovered a camera hidden pointed directly at him in his chair.

Back on COVID
They discussed the impression that the virus might have been modified. Must have been April last year.

We will get to see who is right about modifications and chinas true involvement. It’s just going to take more time. The truth is hard to hide.

We will hear many hard truths in the next five years. But there will certainly be good things ahead.

Time will answer the questions. That and people uncovering them.

Peace!

-I had written this a few days ago and never hit send until now. It kept popping up.

#21672 3 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/who-investigator-claims-china-refused-to-hand-over-key-covid-information

The whole story is hidden, but unfolding. I am saddened by all the people who have died or will become sick. Truly.

#21673 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It’s not selfish,

It is not selfish. Not at all . It is the American Way.

#21674 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/who-investigator-claims-china-refused-to-hand-over-key-covid-information
The whole story is hidden, but unfolding. I am saddened by all the people who have died or will become sick. Truly.

There is a lot more to come out, from what I've read. It's going to get pretty serious IMO when the West gets up off its current metaphorical knees.

#21675 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My son was tested yesterday, and they did not do a rapid test. 3-5 days for results. It seems there's no urgency there, and it's pretty aggravating. Sure, the rapid test is less accurate, but it's still good data when framed correctly. He's not showing any symptoms, but if he's positive, I still need to distance from him.

...and wouldn't you know it? His test was positive. At least the results came early (2 days).

#21676 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210216-121538~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210216-121538~2 (resized).png
#21677 3 years ago

500,000 was not up there for very long; I just managed to catch it. I don't know if someone was playing games for a few minutes, but 500,000 was posted.

This screen grab was at 7:55am

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 7.55.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-17 at 7.55.38 AM (resized).png

This one was at 8:34am

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 8.34.45 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-17 at 8.34.45 AM (resized).png

#21678 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210217-110245~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210217-110245~2 (resized).png
#21679 3 years ago

I wish I had time to be involved with this thread from the start. I also wish I had time to read through to see the discussions I've missed. I've been on the frontline treating the people with COVID-19 in our area (we are a hot spot as they would call it). Being a doctor has been an awfully dreadful experience during the pandemic. I was one of the few selected internal medicine physicians chosen to help care for the ICU patients. I can say that we have come a long way at fighting this but it's still unpredictable and ultimately some people just do not get better. I've experienced some crushing losses after weeks, sometimes over a month of efforts. Be safe everyone!

Oh, I was also one of the first people here to get the Pfizer vaccine. The first shot triggered a 103 fever that pretty much kept me from being able to see any family on Christmas, which was a bummer. The second shot triggered vertigo and fatigue, but all of my symptoms were resolved within 24 hours in each case. It is worth getting the shot in my opinion, as the risks of getting the virus if you're a high-risk, or giving it to a loved one who is high risk, greatly outweighs the risk of the vaccine.

#21680 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I wish I had time to be involved with this thread from the start. I also wish I had time to read through to see the discussions I've missed. I've been on the frontline treating the people with COVID-19 in our area (we are a hot spot as they would call it). Being a doctor has been an awfully dreadful experience during the pandemic. I was one of the few selected internal medicine physicians chosen to help care for the ICU patients. I can say that we have come a long way at fighting this but it's still unpredictable and ultimately some people just do not get better. I've experienced some crushing losses after weeks, sometimes over a month of efforts. Be safe everyone!
Oh, I was also one of the first people here to get the Pfizer vaccine. The first shot triggered a 103 fever that pretty much kept me from being able to see any family on Christmas, which was a bummer. The second shot triggered vertigo and fatigue, but all of my symptoms were resolved within 24 hours in each case. It is worth getting the shot in my opinion, as the risks of getting the virus if you're a high-risk, or giving it to a loved one who is high risk, greatly outweighs the risk of the vaccine.

We are glad you are here now. Thank you. Please feel free to share any and all info you have.

#21681 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Has it been confirmed the shot will effectively counter transmission? I thought it was unknown.

#21682 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

There is a lot more to come out, from what I've read. It's going to get pretty serious IMO when the West gets up off its current metaphorical knees.

I can't believe China is still trying to push the narrative it came from somewhere else. First it was planted by the US at the World Military Games and now via imported frozen beef. I personally think it came from bats via a wild animal market as originally reported... exactly the same way its cousin SARS was introduced to humans in China in the early 2000's.

The fact China is still being so secretive and uncooperative begs the question why? Hopefully when this is all over the tough questions continue to be asked. Steps need to be taken in China and globally to be far more transparent and cooperative.

#21683 3 years ago

My first dose of the Pfizer vaccine was Tuesday. My side effects were pretty mild, I had some light soreness in my shoulders and upper back but it only lasted about 48 hours.

#21684 3 years ago

This is what I thought was still expected.

Sorry, I copy/pasted and didn't include original pinsider. I'll edit to include.

"i have been quaranteened in my pinball house - i have had both shots - but because i work at the hospital and i have family members who have the virus i have to quaranteen - makes no sense to me - anyway i just wanted to say the game that gets played the most out of

all 3 elvira's, star trek le, luci acdc, woz, flintstones, ironman, afm, elvis, gble, stern hul, af, whitewater, transfermers, funhouse, black hole, eldorado and transformers

is

black hole - being it's right after the black hole ad i guess it was easy to figure out

so somebody grab that black hole - it's so challenging - you just keep playing it

thanks ed". Edcianci

#21685 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

With the increase in supply coming and expanding to pharmacy roll out, everyone seems to be forecasting a surplus of available vaccine beginning as soon as April. I think everyone that wants one will be able to get one before summer for sure and maybe by April/May.

It appears there will still be many that don’t want to be vaccinated. No one will be or should be forced to get it that don’t want it.

With that said, will there be possible restrictions placed for the next year or so for certain activities on those refusing vaccination? I would feel safer at large sporting events, concerts, and gatherings in general if those in attendance had all been vaccinated. Regardless of what happens domestically, I am pretty sure come summer or latter part of the year, anyone wanting to travel overseas will likely be required to show proof of vaccination for most countries.

I know many will cry any restrictions violate their rights. I personally, however, have no issue with some possible restrictions being implemented in the short term. People have the right not to be vaccinated but I think business owners and public health officials also have the right to do what they think is best for the safety and welfare of their customers and the general public.

#21686 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I know many will cry any restrictions violate their rights. I personally, however, have no issue with some possible restrictions being implemented in the short term. People have the right not to be vaccinated but I think business owners and public health officials also have the right to do what they think is best for the safety and welfare of their customers and the general public.

Back when I had a business, each of my locations had signage that stated "We reserve the right to refuse service to ANYONE". To my recollection, we never had to refuse service though.

But that was the 90s before all this cancel culture crap and it was not publicly traded company or the like.

It will be interesting going forward to see how big business deals with the conspiracy theory anti-vax crowd.

#21687 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It appears there will still be many that don’t want to be vaccinated. No one will be or should be forced to get it that don’t want it.
With that said, will there be possible restrictions placed for the next year or so for certain activities on those refusing vaccination? I would feel safer at large sporting events, concerts, and gatherings in general if those in attendance had all been vaccinated. Regardless of what happens domestically, I am pretty sure come summer or latter part of the year, anyone wanting to travel overseas will likely be required to show proof of vaccination for most countries.

Another sticky wicket will be employers requiring employees to vaccinate. Totally within their rights. Totally going to lead to some blowback.

I am curious how many will go the bribe route (get vaccinated / get a bonus) vs. the enforcement route (get vaccinated or else).

If my experience with layoffs / early retirement is any indication ...first carrot and then big stick.

#21688 3 years ago

The test cruises being offered up before they start doing cruises again are requiring all passengers have both shots.

#21689 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Some people have been fired by the businesses that employ them for not getting the vaccine. While no one should be forced to get the vaccine if they don't want it, by the same token, no business should be forced to continue to employ someone who does not want to get the vaccine (at least in the USA). To the anti-vaxers: Pick your poison.

#21690 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Again, if the vaccine/gene therapy doesn't prevent transmission, what's the difference if people seated next to you at a game have the shot or not? So long as you have it.

If it does, then I completely see your point.

#21691 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Again, if the vaccine/gene therapy doesn't prevent transmission, what's the difference if people seated next to you at a game have the shot or not? So long as you have it.

Exactly. It is too early to tell. May not really know for sure until fall/early winter. If that is the case, will we need proof of vaccination to attend sporting events, concerts, etc? My guess is yes but it will be interesting.

#21692 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

The consensus seems to be that the vaccines probably do prevent transmission, and there is some data for the Oxford vaccine and from UK hospitalization rates on this now, but it is very difficult to prove (which is the main issue). In time we'll hopefully get good data on this.

One-third of UK adults are now vaccinated. Maybe this plague will indeed be sorted out this year... Even if further mutations occur, the manufacturers are banking vaccine modifications in preparation, so it should be ok hopefully.

US vaccine rates have picked up nicely too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56123889

_117085220_vaccine_doses_per100_countries_most_vax19feb-nc (resized).png_117085220_vaccine_doses_per100_countries_most_vax19feb-nc (resized).png
#21693 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

The test cruises being offered up before they start doing cruises again are requiring all passengers have both shots.

Im wondering 2 things:

1) will other ventures start requiring this?

2) what type of proof would need to be provided?

#21694 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Im wondering 2 things:
1) will other ventures start requiring this?
2) what type of proof would need to be provided?

Therein lies the problem. How do you prove that you were vaccinated? Even if they were to create some kind of official online database of everyone who has been vaccinated, people will still try to fake their way on to it.

#21695 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How do you prove that you were vaccinated

It is like you would almost have to have a new driver's license issued in a particular color to denote you were vaccinated. Remember trying to go out drinking on a pink ID?

For sure, it could not be some special laminated card being handed out only to be forged by many.

The logistics of getting the economy restarted are mind boggling.

What do you do first? There are a lot of chicken and egg scenarios coming into play now.

#21696 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Therein lies the problem. How do you prove that you were vaccinated? Even if they were to create some kind of official online database of everyone who has been vaccinated, people will still try to fake their way on to it.

Apps have been in development for awhile. My guess is if they are implemented, there will be an official credentialing process maintained by a company or the government which will show on the app proof of vaccination. You would have to show the app when entering a concert, sporting event, etc venue.

Even if the anti vax crowd throws a tizzy fit and this doesn't come to fruition in the US, one thing I am pretty sure of is that at once international borders (Canada, EU, etc) begin opening again, anyone wanting to travel to those areas will be required to show proof of vaccination... at least for the next year or so.

#21697 3 years ago

Something interesting with India.

Here are world daily cases and deaths.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.44.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.44.09 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.44.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.44.34 AM (resized).png
==================

Here is the US.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.45.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.45.19 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.45.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.45.30 AM (resized).png
==============================

And here is India which peaked in September 2020

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.41.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.41.20 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.42.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-21 at 9.42.37 AM (resized).png

#21698 3 years ago

Its possible Indias rates are related to diet, and fatty foods, sugars, consumed...??

that shifting from a diet high in saturated fats to one with monounsaturated fats will reduce the numbers of those bacteria that produce the most inflammatory endotoxin molecules and thereby reduce the severity of the inflammatory response to a COVID-19 infection in vulnerable individuals, such as in obese

#21699 3 years ago

My suspicion is India is doing a version of see no evil hear no evil speak no evil

(Also they are by no means the only ones doing this)

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 434 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/434 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.