272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 576.
#21601 3 years ago

We are going in the right direction, but we are still losing over 1000 people a day. There is still a lot of work to do.

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.54.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.54.19 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.54.32 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.54.32 AM (resized).png

#21602 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

All the Waffle House talk was fun, and my girlfriend was going to make us breakfast for dinner several days ago.
That never happened. She got bad sick all of a sudden.
She tested positive a week ago.
She is in the hospital now, double pneumonia.
(and she has been so careful the whole time I poked fun at her at times, while actually being pretty careful myself).
I am very sad, she is so damn cool, and when we talk she is still saying I hope you are not mad at me, in case I got you sick.
I wish all of us the best, this shit is nowhere close to being over yet.

Hang in there Johnny, you and your girl are in my thoughts and prayers.

#21603 3 years ago

All the Waffle House talk was fun, and my girlfriend was going to make us breakfast for dinner several days ago.
(and she has been so careful the whole time I poked fun at her at times, while actually being pretty careful myself).
I am very sad, she is so damn cool, and when we talk she is still saying I hope you are not mad at me, in case I got you sick.

Best wishes to you and your girlfriend.

I can't believe the chronic thumbs down abuser gave you a thumbs down on that post about a very personal and possibly tragic situation, probably for the fairly benign word "damn".

#21604 3 years ago

WHO preliminary report reiterates that it is highly unlikely virus escaped from the wuhan lab:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/09/who-investigation-covid-19-no-quick-answers-wuhan

#21605 3 years ago

Unfortunately, you are correct. My wife tested positive yesterday. I have been working in the lab quite often lately, masked up the entire time. I still thought that was the most likely place it came from. My rapid test today was negative, and the regular PCR test will take 2 days to get results.

#21607 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Unfortunately, you are correct. My wife tested positive yesterday. I have been working in the lab quite often lately, masked up the entire time. I still thought that was the most likely place it came from. My rapid test today was negative, and the regular PCR test will take 2 days to get results.

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Best wishes. I hope it will be very mild and not spread between you all.

#21608 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:Hang in there Johnny, you and your girl are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay safe traveling Jay Bird ...be the weird guy sanitizing everything

#21609 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Stay safe traveling Jay Bird ...be the weird guy sanitizing everything

It being winter I don’t travel much at all, it’ll pick back up in late March, early April.

#21610 3 years ago

Glad to see vaccines getting done, we started giving Pfizer in my clinic last Wednesday. So many grateful patients in the past week.

It is important to remember that part of reaching a peak is realizing you have the whole downslope yet to go. Unfortunately there will be a lot more sick patients before we get through this.

#21611 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can't believe the chronic thumbs down abuser gave you a thumbs down on that post about a very personal and possibly tragic situation, probably for the fairly benign word "damn".

JimWilks downvotes any post with swearing in it .
In this case he was very inconsiderate .
( due to pinside rules , I had to tone down my initial Post )

#21612 3 years ago

A downvote is just a downvote and nothing more. Easy to read more into it than it actually is, but we shouldn’t. It feels good to get upvotes, but the same is true there.

#21617 3 years ago

Moderation notice:
Back to Covid-19 please. No more comments on downvotes, thanks!

#21618 3 years ago

My cousin is a nurse in her 60s. I'm not sure what kind of nurse. RN?? LPN? I don't know. But she is not trusting the vaccine and is taking hydroxyclorine (sp). She says people are dying. "This one guy here died after he got his shot." yada yada. I said that 450,000 people died due to Covid. She told me she had things to do and the text message ended.

My sister-in-law is 81. I said I was going to get my first dose a few days ago. " I'm not getting that shot. Bill Gates is involved and they are putting little liquid trackers in that medicine. And a guy who worked in a hospital got his shot and died. " And then she starts talking end times and mark of the beast.

Her favorite politician never lies, I don't read the right stuff or watch the right TV shows.

She scares me.

#21619 3 years ago

How in the HELL could someone down vote this post???? WTF??? good luck to you and you girlfriend Johnny

#21620 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Best wishes. I hope it will be very mild and not spread between you all.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm hopeful that it will remain relatively mild.

My wife's symptoms were mild enough that based on everything we've become accustomed to (pre-COVID-19), there wasn't really a need to contact a doctor. Headaches and sniffles started to become a bit more prominent, and she eventually had a very low fever 99.4F is the highest we saw it. That's what finally caused us to contact the Doctor, even though the guidelines say 100.4F. When the test came back positive, you could tell by her tone that even the Doctor was surprised. My wife has had no shortness of breath, no loss of taste/smell, and has only recently started to show significant fatigue and aches.

I have no idea how I could have avoided it this long. It has been 8 days since she first noticed a headache, and 6 of those days were business as usual within the house. I would say that the only possible symptoms I've had are more headaches than usual and a very mild runny nose. I had been sitting in the lab a lot, and it's very easy to get dehydrated in there (no food or drink allowed), so I am used to headaches while working there. I still have the results from the regular PCR test on the way, so I might still end up with a positive result.

Wearing masks in my own house feels really weird. We've dedicated a bed and bathroom to her, and it's really easy to forget and just walk in those rooms. My quarantine counter really doesn't start until she has recovered, since I could catch it at any time. It would actually be easier if my test came back positive since then I wouldn't have to avoid her. Our pediatrician had different rules for testing my son, and he won't be tested until 5 days after my wife's positive test. My test was allowed at 5 days after onset of my wife's symptoms.

In hindsight, my advice is to forget the old ideas of "this is just a little headache" or "mild runny nose". Err on the side of caution. Tests are much more widely available now. It doesn't really help her all that much to know, but we can try even harder than usual to avoid spreading it.

#21622 3 years ago

Thankfully my wife is now fully vaccinated, but we did have a stretch there where she would be exposed again and again to a confirmed case. She had to keep working thru all of it (exposure was expected and continued work was company policy), and At one point 1/4 of her support staff had confirmed cases.

We too set up a “quarantine wing” in our house, but the hardest part was the at home masking part. Trying to explain to our then 9 month old that they couldn’t remove mommy’s mask and that mommy couldn’t hold them went about as well as one would expect. Honestly, we are lucky she didn’t catch it because it’s a near certainty the kiddos would have caught it from her, and then they would give it to me.

#21623 3 years ago

Thanks for all your well wishes!

My girlfriend called last night, and she did not sound good still.

I asked her how long she would be in the hospital and she said they told her at least 2 more nights.

She called me while ago, and said guess who decided to join me? Her Mom. Her Mom took a ambulance ride this morning.

Her Mom had came to visit for the holidays, and I think she brought this stuff with her, because she is not very careful.

I have not been tested. I do have minor symptoms, so I am pretending that I have it and living in the man cave.

I figure once my girlfriend tests negative, then I will get a test, to make sure I am also negative.

I will just be glad when my girlfriend is out of the hospital, and her Mom goes back to her own house in Alabama.

I have not seen my girlfriend since January 28th. We had plans for the weekend, but then she got sick on the 29th.

Keep your guard up, there is still lots of this going around.

Oh, and my uncle just told me his best friend just got out of the hospital. It was the 2nd time he had it. The first time he said it was not bad. The 2nd time now and he will be on oxygen for at least the next 3 weeks.

#21624 3 years ago

CDC says double masking can block 92% of infectious particles

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/10/health/double-masking-cdc-study-escape-wellness/index.html

I've started wearing a cloth washable mask and a N95 over it since the talk of variants last month. I use the N95 all week before discarding.

#21625 3 years ago
daily_gifdump-5-1.gifdaily_gifdump-5-1.gif
#21626 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My cousin is a nurse in her 60s. I'm not sure what kind of nurse. RN?? LPN? I don't know. But she is not trusting the vaccine and is taking hydroxyclorine (sp). She says people are dying. "This one guy here died after he got his shot." yada yada. I said that 450,000 people died due to Covid. She told me she had things to do and the text message ended.
My sister-in-law is 81. I said I was going to get my first dose a few days ago. " I'm not getting that shot. Bill Gates is involved and they are putting little liquid trackers in that medicine. And a guy who worked in a hospital got his shot and died. " And then she starts talking end times and mark of the beast.
Her favorite politician never lies, I don't read the right stuff or watch the right TV shows.
She scares me.

I can imagine it's very hard of people who are close to you believe the weirdest things.
What's also sad is that if they believe what they say, they'll probably think the same about you, thinking you're the one who's ignorant.

An update from around here: we're not allowed more than one visitor a day (isn't being checked fortunately) and we're not allowed outside after 21 o clock. A lot of countries in Europe have those measures.
Schools have just reopened for kids up to around 12 years, and the last year students of high school haven't been closed at all (since summer).
Numbers don't look good with more contamination variants taking over. Vaccines are being spread very slowly (and no more are available, which will be a big problem for a long time for third world countries. And therefore probably for the wealthy countries as well, for the virus won't stop and will mutate again and again).
Strange times, hard times. I feel sorry for all of you who have suffered losses or bad illness with your loved ones, or are hugely affected by the consequences (losing jobs, getting lonely, etc).
Let's hope it'll get a lot better somewhere in the next half year.

#21627 3 years ago

Got my second shot of moderna Monday morning and then
was sick with flu symptoms for 36 hours. Totally sucked
but I am now vaccinated.

#21628 3 years ago

Don’t forget your double mask! What a joke. CDC is full of it period!

#21629 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

but I am now vaccinated.

Yeah, those symptoms are your body doing what it is supposed to do. It's not possible to get any infection from the vaccine as it is just mRNA.

Glad to hear you've been vaccinated!

#21630 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Healthcare workers in hospitals have been double masking for months and months now.

#21631 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

486,470 people in just the U.S. have died.

What is your solution?

#21632 3 years ago

Had another moment in the land of covid. My youngest added a new word to her repertoire. See if you can spot it. She now can say

Daddy, mommy, and her siblings names
Cheese
Teeth
More
My/mine/I (usually used when begging for snacks)
Yes
Mask

#21634 3 years ago

Patient just gave me this as a thank you for helping him, I win today!
65fb9b6ff6f5b4538f942a20db815c626db56c43 (resized).jpeg65fb9b6ff6f5b4538f942a20db815c626db56c43 (resized).jpeg

#21638 3 years ago

UK covid strain has escaped Hotel quarantine here . We're now in a 5-day lockdown .
We can do that standing on our head .

#21639 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Patient just gave me this as a thank you for helping him, I win today!
[quoted image]

So, if someone hits you on the bridge of the nose, they get 300 pts?

#21640 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

UK covid strain has escaped Hotel quarantine here . We're now in a 5-day lockdown .
We can do that standing on our head .

You guys are weird down there. Using logic to respond to a medical emergency? Strange (I’m jealous).

#21641 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

but I am now vaccinated.

Got my second dose yesterday, full blown flu symptoms set in within a few minutes of going to bed last night. I have never been that sick in my life, other than contracting the Nora virus. Holy crap it was horrible, have been on the couch all day today with body aches, chills and weakness, but I'll take this any day over the muscle spasms, sweats, freezing, body pain, chattering teeth, jello legs, nausea, insane headache, pins and needles in my arms and severe arm pain, etc from last night. They say you need to get the vaccine annually? Not a chance, one and done, rather roll the dice.

#21642 3 years ago

Who is saying you need to get it annually?

Edit: never mind, quick search.

#21643 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Got my second dose yesterday, full blown flu symptoms set in within a few minutes of going to bed last night. I have never been that sick in my life, other than contracting the Nora virus. Holy crap it was horrible, have been on the couch all day today with body aches, chills and weakness, but I'll take this any day over the muscle spasms, sweats, freezing, body pain, chattering teeth, jello legs, nausea, insane headache, pins and needles in my arms and severe arm pain, etc from last night. They say you need to get the vaccine annually? Not a chance, one and done, rather roll the dice.

Was it the Moderna also? I recently got my 2nd Pfizer shot and no symptoms at all. Not even pain at injection site.

#21644 3 years ago

Everyone reacts differently to these shots. Probably why some people say they would never get a flu shot again because the one time they did it was worse than the real flu.

#21645 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Was it the Moderna also? I recently got my 2nd Pfizer shot and no symptoms at all. Not even pain at injection site.

Yup, Moderna. First shot wasn't bad, just felt like someone hit me in the arm with a bat for a day. Second one, holy crap...

#21646 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So, if someone hits you on the bridge of the nose, they get 300 pts?

Do I have to make the chime sound when it happens?

#21647 3 years ago

Here’s something interesting, if you’ve already had covid prior and the 2nd shot gives you a bad reaction maybe that’s why?? Hard to prove cause some people get mild covid symptoms but still good info to know.

I heard that its more common if you have actually already had a case of Covid. So your response will be exaggerated Just repeating a recent rumor from a healthcare professional.

#21648 3 years ago

New movie idea:

"Pandemic: origins"

Screenshot_20210213-194124~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210213-194124~2 (resized).png
#21649 3 years ago

I had Moderna and my boss who is a clinician told me to take Tylonal every 8 hours and drink tons of water after the 2nd shot. Did this religiously for 3 days and had no symptoms outside of the sore arm. Sounds I was one of the luckier ones

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/433 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.