272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 576.
#21500 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wait...what??!
Maybe im reading this wrong, but all the toppings go on the hashbrowns, not the waffles.

Nope, you can do it on the waffles too!

#21502 3 years ago

Looks like the pandemic is officially over in So Cal and things are starting to get back to normal. These are the scenes at all the parks around here.

Or, after almost a year of being told what to do and what not to do by people that don't follow their own rules, they have decided that staying home isolated and wearing masks on such a beautiful day is not healthy for them. Can't say I blame them. I just took a long walk myself, and I feel great!

DSCN7431 (resized).JPGDSCN7431 (resized).JPGDSCN7433 (resized).JPGDSCN7433 (resized).JPG
#21503 3 years ago

On my second long walk, I went up to the creek park, and it was starting to fill up, mostly with amateur soccer and football players and a few families. The trail I walk has plenty of room, so nobody has to breath other's fumes.

I said hi to a few and then stopped and talked to a couple young men of African decent working out on the bars. I told them I used to use those bars too and one said "I can still see it". Made my day. I talked to them again the second time by, and gave them respect for the shape they are in.

#21504 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like the pandemic is officially over in So Cal and things are starting to get back to normal. These are the scenes at all the parks around here.
Or, after almost a year of being told what to do and what not to do by people that don't follow their own rules, they have decided that staying home isolated and wearing masks on such a beautiful day is not healthy for them. Can't say I blame them. I just took a long walk myself, and I feel great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cali's governor really stepped in it when he went to that restaurant---and got caught. What a good example. If the sauce is good for the goose it is also good for the gander.

U.S death toll is now 449,940. Rough count is that we are averaging close to 3000 deaths per day. So, in another 16 days we should be tipping in at 500,000.

Woodstock in 1969 had 400,000 attendees. 2 people died at Woodstock. One was an O.D. and one guy was ran over by a tractor while he was sleeping.

We need to have a concert. Where are the Dead Kennedys?

#21505 3 years ago

I'm afraid of Waffle House

#21506 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This sort of lays waste to the tired argument of, "It's just the flu".

I think that was laid to waste about 400,000 US deaths ago. Give or take.

#21508 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Rough count is that we are averaging close to 3000 deaths per day. So, in another 16 days we should be tipping in at 500,000 deaths per day.

I don't think we'll be at "500,000 deaths per day".

#21509 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Typo. Or brain fart. Your choice

#21510 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Quoted from cottonm4:

Typo. Or brain fart. Your choice

You heard it here first, folks. Eat at wafflehouse while you can!

#21511 3 years ago

I got in a disagreement with my fiancée about not wearing masks inside establishments that require a mask in a sign on the door.

My stance is for everyone’s safety in those instances, wear the mask.

She disagreed. Slightly.

These arguments though, I could do without them. We all could.

I am irritated that the vaccine rollout is going to take all of 2021, It appears.

The urgency of saving lives is not apparent where I am standing. We really need it to be.

Rant over. Need to go kiss my fiancée.

#21512 3 years ago

Where is the nearest Waffle House? I could go for some of that now.

#21513 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I feel great as I'm seated and eating at the COuNter of a Waffle House restaurant in Toledo, Ohio.
So, are those current "thousands of people still dying a day" making the US death rate higher, the same or lower than past few years? The teevee news reported six covid deaths in Michigan yesterday.
[quoted image]

Who drinks a coke with waffles?

#21514 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Arizona-15 Locations.

Quoted from nwpinball:

I agree, but it looks like Ice T to me.

#21515 3 years ago

Some places are starting to allow indoor dining again, but I still haven't felt the need. Especially since take out is so easy and convenient and sometimes I like to eat standing up anyway.

There are no Waffle Houses, but be it an omelette, pancakes, or whatever, the little independent Mexican places seem to serve it up the best. This is the Pancho Villa breakfast from Casa Fresh right down the street. It includes hash browns, two sausages, two eggs, smothered in enchilada sauce and cheese with toast or tortillas. Bon appetite!

DSCN7435 (resized).JPGDSCN7435 (resized).JPG
#21516 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'm afraid of Waffle House

It's my GoTo breakfast place....

#21517 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For you, Phoenix....

#21518 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Not me. That's a glass of Alice's Iced Tea. Unsweetened. It was 7 pm. On morning visits, I get coffee.

#21519 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Come visit me in Texas. I will put you up and pay for the waffle house. Open invitation. Not joking.

#21520 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21521 3 years ago

Anybody ever go to Waffle House knockoff Huddle House? Pretty much the same shit!

#21522 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody ever go to Waffle House knockoff Huddle House? Pretty much the same shit!

Except maybe fries instead of hash browns? I never was there much, but that is all I remember.

#21523 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ive never heard of huddle house, but a quick search showed the closest one to be 11 miles away. There is a waffle house about a mile away, however, so i think im good.

#21524 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As a matter of fact, just a few weeks ago. Not for breakfast though. A healthy salad followed by a not-so-healthy gravy covered chopped sirloin. Note that Waffle House does not offer chopped sirloin or mashed potatoes....

Somewhere along I-80 in Nebraska.

20210105_195146 (resized).jpg20210105_195146 (resized).jpg20210105_195637 (resized).jpg20210105_195637 (resized).jpg20210105_200614 (resized).jpg20210105_200614 (resized).jpg

#21525 3 years ago

Whatever you do, do not google "blue waffles".

#21527 3 years ago

Damn, this turned into a food thread!! Things must be less gloomy out there.

#21528 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Damn, this turned into a food thread!! Things must be less gloomy out there.

"Covid cooking" has now become a hotbed for waffle house info.

#21529 3 years ago

I haven't eaten inside a restaurant in almost a year, that's pretty nuts! I wouldn't feel safe doing it yet, but I ate outside at a bunch of places over the summer and a few times in the Fall, but even with heaters, most of the outdoor restaurant decks are pretty damn cold.

#21530 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Whatever you do, do not google "blue waffles".

or 4 girls finger painting!

#21531 3 years ago

Michigan just reopened indoor dining today (25% seating capacity with a 10:00 pm dining curfew). None of the previous restrictions though. Real menus. all bulk condiments. Covid is cured here. For now....

#21532 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It's on the IMDB of all places...

#21533 3 years ago

My girlfriend tested positive this morning, and she has been pretty sick for a few days now.

She can not smell, but she can still taste.

I feel fine so far.

Fingers crossed for both of us.

#21534 3 years ago

Oh, and as far as the Waffle House stuff, I love Waffle House!

Sometimes I go there for a All Star breakfast for dinner. (I am just never really hungry early in the day).

My local Waffle House has been robbed several times, and anytime I go I am prepared.

And no way in hell would I go in any place like that until this virus stuff is over.

I have never even tried to cook anything my entire life, only grill outside, but now I am getting ok with basic baking.

#21535 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are there Huddle Houses that aren't part of Flying J truck stops?

#21536 3 years ago

We don't have any Waffle Houses around here. The first one I ever encountered was on a road trip with my wife years ago. We were so excited to check it out, but then we took one look at the menu and were super disappointed. We assumed that a place called "Waffle House" would have all different types of awesome waffles with fruit, whipped cream, chocolate, etc ... Nope. They basically just had plain waffles, and they were average at best. This was over 20 years ago, so they may have expanded their menu since then, but we haven't been back since.

#21537 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And no way in hell would I go in any place like that until this virus stuff is over.

Well, I've made up for you. I've probably dined at Waffle House restaurants thirty times since Ohio reopened indoor dining in July. Also in Georgia, Arizona and Florida.

#21538 3 years ago
Quoted from GolfKill:

Are there Huddle Houses that aren't part of Flying J truck stops?

Yes.

#21539 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

We don't have any Waffle Houses around here. The first one I ever encountered was on a road trip with my wife years ago. We were so excited to check it out, but then we took one look at the menu and were super disappointed. We assumed that a place called "Waffle House" would have all different types of awesome waffles with fruit, whipped cream, chocolate, etc ... Nope. They basically just had plain waffles, and they were average at best. This was over 20 years ago, so they may have expanded their menu since then, but we haven't been back since.

Now offered with Pecans, Chocolate Chips and peanut butter chips. They will put whipped cream and, if available, powdered sugar on as well.

They gotta be doing something right as they are one of, if not the largest retailer of prepared sausage and bacon in the world.

#21540 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

They gotta be doing something right as they are one of, if not the largest retailer of prepared sausage and bacon in the world.

It's good to hear they are doing their part in the fight against heart disease!

#21541 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's good to hear they are doing their part in the fight against heart disease!

Customers for life!

#21542 3 years ago

We have 19 Waffle House locations in the Tidewater region, but it seems like I only eat there when I am on the road. There are a few mom and pop breakfast places that I like to support when I am in town, but WH is a known quantity when you are traveling and don’t know the local places.

Back on topic, my adult daughter was diagnosed with COVID 19 last week. Her worst symptoms are a bad cough and headaches. She lost her sense of taste a day after the diagnosis. Fortunately, she has a separate suite with a walk-in in her basement and has been able to isolate from the rest of her family.

#21543 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Customers for life!

However short it may be

#21544 3 years ago

Apologies but I’m not posting about waffles

New data about the Oxford vaccine- 76% efficacy after dose 1 after 3 months (supporting the UK’s delay strategy), rising to 82% after dose 2. Delaying dose 2 seems to increase efficacy, so isn’t a problem.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55910964

A US study is expected to report soon supporting efficacy in the over 65s (low numbers in this age group were criticised by some EU countries of course, possibly related to a bit of politics).

One sixth of the UK population is now vaccinated, at a rate of approx 1% of the population per day, so should be largely complete by late Spring.

The UK government messed up a lot of their Covid response, but seems to have done well on their vaccination strategy, thank goodness.

#21545 3 years ago

It sounds like the government should set up vaccination sites at Waffle Houses ...

#21546 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It sounds like the government should set up vaccination sites at Waffle Houses ...

A Chic-Fil-A manager was called in to help with the Government cluster fuck to get vaccinations rolling smoothly.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2021/02/chick-fil-a-manager-solves-south-carolina-covid-vaccine-drive-thru-backlog.html?outputType=amp

#21547 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

sounds like the government should set up vaccination sites at Waffle Houses

And Walmarts

#21548 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I thought that was a dare. You lose. So do i. Lmao

#21549 3 years ago

Maybe it says we are making a little progress now that this is a waffle thread.

Either that or we are tired of arguing.

I'm sure there's some good waffle-related conspiracy theories someone is about to jump in and offer...

In virus-related news my parents in Florida get their second Vax shot tomorrow. And they will soon be traveling to NYC to see us!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 431 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/431?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.