272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 576.
#21251 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Second vaccine done today! Is this the one with the tracking chip in it or was it the first one?

Feeling any side effects so far?

#21252 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Gee Gilligan, 14 hours later and we can add another 1,795 to the list of those who checked out. Total now is 395,728. Feel free to down vote me, again. When we hit 4000 I will be sure to let you know

Quoted from oldskool1969:

OKAY , there ya go.
you're welcome

Damn Gilliagan, I did know you would be so easy to train. Let's try, roll over, sit, and now shake hands. And then downvote me again.

4,142 people died yesterday. And today, another 798 went down. Total deaths = 398,865. We just might it over 400K before this day is over.

I read where California has no open ICU beds. If that is where you live, try to not get involved in a car wreck or you will be in a gurney sitting on the sidewalk.

#21253 3 years ago

The recent P1 variant out of Brazil is the new one to watch. It is possibly both more infectious and more deadly.

TBD on vaccine effectiveness.

Alarmist hat: there may be enough mutations in this thing that it could be called covid-21.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1350039932090376193

#21254 3 years ago

Can confirm shot #2 has more side effects, at least for me. Shot #1 was really just a sore arm for a day. Shot #2 I got yesterday around noon and had some chills last night and overall aching and headache today. Still at work though.

Have read a couple of things that say NSAIDs for post vaccine side effects might harm antibody production and that one should use acetaminophen instead. Any truth to this?

#21255 3 years ago

I had to google that. You cold have wrote aspirin/ibuprofen. :p

#21256 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I read where California has no open ICU beds. If that is where you live, try to not get involved in a car wreck or you will be in a gurney sitting on the sidewalk.

Yes, I really have to watch out for some of that stumbling around I do. Wouldn't want to end up waiting to get into the ER and then have all the covid there to contend with either. They say once you go into the hospital with this, there is a good chance your next stop is a refrigerated truck in the parking lot.

Last week they said new hospitalizations were down, but you're talking about a state with 60 million people and there is no way there were ever enough medical facilities or caretakers to handle something like this. They are doing the best they can though and not giving up.

Same with the vaccination rollout. Dodger Stadium and Disneyland have been turned into mass vaccination centers, but I'm not sure how I feel about Micky Mouse injecting anything into my arm or how it's been handled. Fortunately, that will be for others to find out.

#21257 3 years ago

So 2 siblings in ICU the last couple weeks. They are distant relatives to me, but Facebook friends. The covid denier passed in the hospital. The realist is in bad enough shape but looks like they are going to get to go home (on oxygen). The denier's family is saying it was cancer. Maybe it was, but do they put you in a coma and on a ventilator when you are dying from cancer? I don't think so, especially under current circumstances. The realist readily admits they had covid.

#21259 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Have read a couple of things that say NSAIDs for post vaccine side effects might harm antibody production and that one should use acetaminophen instead. Any truth to this?

I’m using Tylenol myself. Makes sense to avoid anti-inflammatory meds like ibuprofen.

#21260 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Damn Gilliagan, I did know you would be so easy to train. Let's try, roll over, sit, and now shake hands. And then downvote me again.
4,142 people died yesterday. And today, another 798 went down. Total deaths = 398,865. We just might it over 400K before this day is over.

Here come my 3rd down vote

End of day tally is. 3,756 deaths. Total deaths = 401,810. Oh, yeah, 245,786 new cases. Not a record, but.......

#21261 3 years ago

OOPS.
Sorry America, we're handling the current phase about as well as we handled things all along.

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-said-unlocking-vaccine-170030454.html

#21262 3 years ago

Really good info on Vaccine Distribution,
Truly sad we went from 100 Million doses ready to go in Promises, to something south
of 20 Million. Right now 3.7% have received at least 1st shot.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2021/01/14/covid-vaccine-distribution-by-state-how-many-covid-vaccines-have-been-given-in-us-how-many-people/6599531002/

#21263 3 years ago

Overpromising and underdelivering has been the hallmark of the fight against COVID.

Ready to see if a new approach can change things around a little.

#21264 3 years ago

Can confirm shot #2 has more side effects, at least for me. Shot #1 was really just a sore arm for a day. Shot #2 I got yesterday around noon and had some chills last night and overall aching and headache today. Still at work though.

Interesting, I know 12 people that have tested positive and 10 of them didn’t even know they had it ZERO issues. The other 2 had less issues than you had with the “cure”......yea lets all line up to get infected by something POSSIBLY worse than the disease, sounds proper. Keep the most at risk safe and let the rest of us live our fuckin lives.

#21265 3 years ago

Ha ha yeah right

#21266 3 years ago

Feeling much better this morning. Fever is gone, slightly achy but no headache. I guess the good news is I know it worked lol. Huzzah!

#21267 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last week they said new hospitalizations were down,

I thought California was entering triage care, meaning if the ambulance doesn’t think medical care will help you, then you’re left at home to die. That would make sense as to why the hospitalizations are down. Divide people into 3 groups those that probably will live with out care, those that will need the hospital to live, and those that the hospital probably can’t save.

Quoted from misfitdart:

yea lets all line up to get infected by something POSSIBLY worse than the disease

You need to do some research on how the vaccine is produced. There is only a part of the virus in the vaccine to stimulate your immune system. The idea is if you are defended against part of the virus, then you’ll be safe from the whole thing. They focus on a part that doesn’t easily mutate in hopes that it will work if the virus mutates. It is impossible to get the virus from the vaccine. All vaccines have a small chance of causing severe reaction in people, but that is not the virus, that is your body reacting to the vaccine.

Quoted from misfitdart:

I know 12 people that have tested positive and 10 of them didn’t even know they had it ZERO issues. The other 2 had less issues than you had with the “cure”

That’s amazing odds, consider them all very fortunate. I also have a friend who’s extended family got it, mostly minor case too. A different friend in HR has an employee that had covid in April 2020, and he’s still to messed up from it to back to work but at least he didn’t die.

These are rough numbers not actual stats.
50% won’t even know they had it.
25% will just be like a cold.
20% will need help and have lasting issues
3% will need severe hospitalization
2% will die

#21268 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Interesting, I know 12 people that have tested positive and 10 of them didn’t even know they had it ZERO issues. The other 2 had less issues than you had with the “cure”......yea lets all line up to get infected by something POSSIBLY worse than the disease, sounds proper. Keep the most at risk safe and let the rest of us live our fuckin lives.

The sterility outcomes of some vaccines are getting no airtime either, and already "debunked"... on the fake news "fake fackt checkers". Lots of stories not being told broadly, that's for sure. Alot of fake news as well. It is concerning times... freedom of speech at risk? ... as well as reason ... science ... <and stuff>

I'm not going to greater depth... it is up to everyone to ask their own questions when stuff doesn't really add up. Discuss, learn more. ... repeat.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

2% will die

I would certainly be questioning these numbers. More than that really, but saying "questionable" will do for here.

#21269 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

The vaccine is an mRNA vaccine. You aren't getting infected with anything. The mRNA that encodes the coronavirus spike protein in enclosed in a carrier which is taken into the muscle cells where the vaccine is given. The ribosomes within the muscle cells then produce the spike protein which is then presented to the immune system. From there your immune system does what it does with any unrecognized protein, it reacts against it and produces antibodies.

The symptoms I had were simply my immune system doing what it does. Low grade fever, muscle aches and headache are all simply side effects of my immune system having a robust response to the foreign protein.

Secondly, I'm glad you don't know anyone who has had serious problems with COVID. I do. Lots of them. My sister had a friend who was 50 years old and healthy die in his sleep last week from COVID.

You know, it's funny. I don't know ANYONE who has died from shooting themselves in the head. Guess that means it isn't dangerous, huh?

#21270 3 years ago

The vaccine is an mRNA vaccine. You aren't getting infected with anything. The mRNA that encodes the coronavirus spike protein in enclosed in a carrier which is taken into the muscle cells where the vaccine is given. The ribosomes within the muscle cells then produce the spike protein which is then presented to the immune system. From there your immune system does what it does with any unrecognized protein, it reacts against it and produces antibodies.
The symptoms I had were simply my immune system doing what it does. Low grade fever, muscle aches and headache are all simply side effects of my immune system having a robust response to the foreign protein.
Secondly, I'm glad you don't know anyone who has had serious problems with COVID. I do. Lots of them. My sister had a friend who was 50 years old and healthy die in his sleep last week from COVID.
You know, it's funny. I don't know ANYONE who has died from shooting themselves in the head. Guess that means it isn't dangerous, huh?

Well I’d say shooting yourself in the head has a far higher motality rate than covid, great analogy though I guess.

#21271 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I thought California was entering triage care, meaning if the ambulance doesn’t think medical care will help you, then you’re left at home to die. That would make sense as to why the hospitalizations are down. Divide people into 3 groups those that probably will live with out care, those that will need the hospital to live, and those that the hospital probably can’t save.

You need to do some research on how the vaccine is produced. There is only a part of the virus in the vaccine to stimulate your immune system. The idea is if you are defended against part of the virus, then you’ll be safe from the whole thing. They focus on a part that doesn’t easily mutate in hopes that it will work if the virus mutates. It is impossible to get the virus from the vaccine. All vaccines have a small chance of causing severe reaction in people, but that is not the virus, that is your body reacting to the vaccine.

That’s amazing odds, consider them all very fortunate. I also have a friend who’s extended family got it, mostly minor case too. A different friend in HR has an employee that had covid in April 2020, and he’s still to messed up from it to back to work but at least he didn’t die.
These are rough numbers not actual stats.
2% will die

Sooo the motality rate is at 2% now?? did you pick these numbers outta a hat?

#21272 3 years ago

Never said covid isnt dangerous but I do KNOW that the numbers are skewed. Maybe they should add the numbers of suicides and overdoses caused by the bullshit shutdowns to the covid numbers then we’d really see a spike. I’ve read through most of this thread and for the most part I’m seeing “experts” comment on the inaccurate case/death counts but very little on the massive spikes in domestic abuse, mental breakdowns, divorce rates, crime rates and a complete destruction of millions of businesses let alone any form of a sane rational response from the so called elected officials.

#21273 3 years ago

My uncle has a friend that commited suicide due to the govt shutting his business down, he was healthy and tested negative for covid, did the virus kill him or the irrational govt response?

#21275 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Never said covid isnt dangerous but I do KNOW that the numbers are skewed. Maybe they should add the numbers of suicides and overdoses caused by the bullshit shutdowns to the covid numbers then we’d really see a spike. I’ve read through most of this thread and for the most part I’m seeing “experts” comment on the inaccurate case/death counts but very little on the massive spikes in domestic abuse, mental breakdowns, divorce rates, crime rates and a complete destruction of millions of businesses let alone any form of a sane rational response from the so called elected officials.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the great John Nash”. You KNOW or you FEELS the numbers are are skewed? This has been debunked several times already but please share your empirical evidence.
AAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gifAAA4A17D-1C6A-4489-AB08-FDF9811493D3.gif

#21276 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Well I’d say shooting yourself in the head has a far higher motality rate than covid, great analogy though I guess.

I know a guy who shot himself in the head and from his point of view it didn't affect him one bit.

#21277 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I’ve read through most of this thread and for the most part I’m seeing “experts” comment on the inaccurate case/death counts but very little on the massive spikes in domestic abuse, mental breakdowns, divorce rates

One thing that's been an eye opener on that is my own experience. I'm not a very social and outgoing person and generally a homebody.... After a year of this I'm starting to feel a little nuts. I don't want to begin to imagine what it's like for other people who generally crave human interaction on a daily basis. Plus there isn't anyone else in the house to get annoyed by so fortunately I don't have to worry about divorce or being a victim of domestic abuse.

#21278 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Let me just go out on a limb here and say that based on your prior posts in this thread, I doubt you KNOW anything about COVID. I and others on this thread have tried over and over again to point you to reality and you refuse to accept it. Instead you continue to post the same tired and debunked conspiracy theories. Enjoy your life in your own alternate reality because you refuse to see truth even when hit over the head with it.

#21279 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I’m seeing “experts” comment on the inaccurate case/death counts but very little on the massive spikes in domestic abuse, mental breakdowns, divorce rates, crime rates

Hey, I agree we need better mental health resources and business relief too! I also believe that the threat from COVID is real. These don't need to be mutually exclusive thoughts.

#21280 3 years ago

What's the least expensive way for folks with no health insurance to get their prescriptions filled? BTW if covid sends you to the hospital, you're going to end up with more prescriptions than fingers. Wear a mask...

#21281 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Why do you think the vaccine is possibly worse than the disease when all evidence points to the contrary?

#21282 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Sooo the motality rate is at 2% now?? did you pick these numbers outta a hat?

~100M confirmed cases. ~2M deaths. How do you do math?E83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpegE83B3B92-61CB-4D19-89B8-27605BD16F17 (resized).jpeg

#21283 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

My uncle has a friend that commited suicide due to the govt shutting his business down, he was healthy and tested negative for covid, did the virus kill him or the irrational govt response?

Neither, you clearly explained he killed himself, why try to place the blame elsewhere?

But, if you are going to point the finger at government, at least point out that it's really the lizard people in human suits in the government that are to blame. They are part of the deep state that created this hoax virus. Everyone knows that!

#21284 3 years ago

Let me just go out on a limb here and say that based on your prior posts in this thread, I doubt you KNOW anything about COVID. I and others on this thread have tried over and over again to point you to reality and you refuse to accept it. Instead you continue to post the same tired and debunked conspiracy theories. Enjoy your life in your own alternate reality because you refuse to see truth even when hit over the head with it.

What reality are you speaking of??? the reality of the bullshit that the govt is feeding you? or do you subscribe to the thought that govt never lies. I’m sure that you are a very astute individual but to assume that I’ve no knowledge on this is very ignorant. I’ve many friends and family that are on the front lines that see and have experience with these numbers being skewed. You can rave “bedunked” and “conspiracy” but it won’t change the FACTS because you don’t believe it.

#21285 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Hey, I agree we need better mental health resources and business relief too! I also believe that the threat from COVID is real. These don't need to be mutually exclusive thoughts.

I never said that covid isnt real

#21287 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

1). The numbers aren't skewed. If anything the US death rate is UNDER reported based on excess death statistics in 2020. If you had read the thread as you claim you would have seen this discussion.

2). There have been multiple discussions about the increases in suicide, domestic abuse and unemployment. Again, if you had read the thread you would know this. See, the difference is some of us can prioritize different problems. Yes, it's a terrible thing that people are unemployed, committing suicide or domestic abuse and getting divorced. These are problems we need to work on as a society and we need to try and get these people the help they need.

Show me data that shows 3,500+ people are dying in America EVERY DAY from these problems COMBINED. I'll wait.

I also find it hilarious that some people are not only anti-lockdown but also anti-vaccine which is the easiest way out of the lockdown. Time to put your big boy pants on.

#21288 3 years ago

A few screenshots from the daily report at the hospital I work. This is a relatively small hospital with less than 500 beds, and 18 designated ICU bays.

A few things to consider,
The MEDIAN average rate of patients currently in ICU is 55.
If you have to be admitted with Covid it's not a death sentence, nor is it 2%, (it's closer to 25%) but it is better than the first wave in March.
The average length of stay of patients is increasing, mainly due to better understanding of the treatments.
Despite the UK on target to vaccinate ALL over 50s, ALL clinically vulnerable, and ALL NHS frontline staff by the middle of February, being under almost full lockdown and effectively barring all travellers into the country without a negative test both before boarding and on landing - we estimate that not only are hospital admissions still rising, but they will continue to do so for another 4-6 weeks.
20210116_124545 (resized).jpg20210116_124545 (resized).jpg20210116_224251 (resized).jpg20210116_224251 (resized).jpg20210116_224325 (resized).jpg20210116_224325 (resized).jpg

#21290 3 years ago

I do think everyone needs to be doing their part to limit the spread, such as continuing to mask and distance. But I will say that my wife and I spent almost a year being really worried about catching Covid. We took extreme measures, were very cautious, pulled our daughter out of school, and in the end...we still got Covid anyway.

And you know what, we were fine. Was basically a bad flu for us. We never had any breathing issues, and never once felt even close to needing medical care. I first had symptoms 3 weeks ago, and now I'm basically back to 100% and I feel great. I understand that I could theoretically have some lingering and unknown heart/lung damage. But I went running for the first time today since my positive test, and it felt alright. Definitely didn't notice a big difference in my aerobic capacity or anything. At least not much more than I would normally after not having gone running in a month. So that would make me doubt that I've got serious lung damage. Especially when I never really had any lung/coughing symptoms during my isolation period.

Now I understand that my wife and I are lucky to have had mildish symptoms. But at the same time, I would expect any relatively healthy, relatively young person to have no significant problems with Covid. If that profile fits you, then I wouldn't worry about catching it, so much as inadvertently spreading it.

Now that my wife and I have had Covid, it feels like we have a new lease on life. Since we know that we can't catch or probably even spread Covid for at least 3 months, if not 6 or more. It's a very freeing feeling. We don't have to worry when people stand too close in line at the checkout. We don't have to worry if someone has their mask on their chin. I can still think that they're dumb, but it's no skin off my back anymore. Got a real haircut on Wednesday for the first time since March. That felt good. We ate in at a restaurant the other day, also for the first time since March. And we're even contemplating a trip to Disney World, since we no longer have to worry about planes or crowds. I imagine that we're feeling the same way that people who've been vaccinated feel.

We're still following the CDC guidelines of course, and masking, and stuff. But the fear and worry is gone. And I'm by no means dismissing the seriousness of the pandemic, just saying that most of us probably don't need to be terrified of catching it, and for us getting it has actually had some upsides.

#21291 3 years ago

I'm against conspiracy theories, but some are too entertaining not to mention. Rabbi warns that Covid vaccine might make you gay. He does not say what it will do if you are already gay.

https://www.queerty.com/orthodox-rabbi-warns-covid-19-vaccine-will-make-gay-20210116?utm_campaign=wp-to-twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

#21292 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So 2 siblings in ICU the last couple weeks. They are distant relatives to me, but Facebook friends. The covid denier passed in the hospital. The realist is in bad enough shape but looks like they are going to get to go home (on oxygen). The denier's family is saying it was cancer. Maybe it was, but do they put you in a coma and on a ventilator when you are dying from cancer? I don't think so, especially under current circumstances. The realist readily admits they had covid.

The Doctors at the hospital put my dad into a coma and on a ventilator when he was dying of cancer in 2005. non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, he didn't smoke.

#21293 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I'm against conspiracy theories, but some are too entertaining not to mention. Rabbi warns that Covid vaccine might make you gay. He does not say what it will do if you are already gay.
https://www.queerty.com/orthodox-rabbi-warns-covid-19-vaccine-will-make-gay-20210116?utm_campaign=wp-to-twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

"not that there is anything wrong with that" Seinfeld

#21294 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Neither, you clearly explained he killed himself, why try to place the blame elsewhere?
But, if you are going to point the finger at government, at least point out that it's really the lizard people in human suits in the government that are to blame. They are part of the deep state that created this hoax virus. Everyone knows that!

Ahhhhh yes...Seattle, your comments make sense now.

#21295 3 years ago

1). The numbers aren't skewed. If anything the US death rate is UNDER reported based on excess death statistics in 2020. If you had read the thread as you claim you would have seen this discussion.
2). There have been multiple discussions about the increases in suicide, domestic abuse and unemployment. Again, if you had read the thread you would know this. See, the difference is some of us can prioritize different problems. Yes, it's a terrible thing that people are unemployed, committing suicide or domestic abuse and getting divorced. These are problems we need to work on as a society and we need to try and get these people the help they need.
Show me data that shows 3,500+ people are dying in America EVERY DAY from these problems COMBINED. I'll wait.
I also find it hilarious that some people are not only anti-lockdown but also anti-vaccine which is the easiest way out of the lockdown. Time to put your big boy pants on.

As of Jan 10 2020 an AVERAGE of 1074 deaths per day since the first recorded death Jan 20 2020 in the US not 3500 plus. Over 72000 overdoses in 2019 with it increasing by 18% by mid 2020. NEMIS data shows opioid calls in mid 2019 for 2 months to be over 2000, same time period in 2020 it exploded to almost 6000, federal surveys show over 40% of americans are struggling with at least 1 mental or drug issue since the start of the pandemic. Half year suicide rates far surpassed the total numbers provided in 2019, the center for disease and prevention showed surveys from young adults 13-18 that 1 in 4 have thoughts about suicide in the last 30 days. I havent even looked that deep into the alcohol abuse, domestic abuse or the bankruptcy rates that have to be staggering at this point. ALL these points are DIRECTLY connected to the lock downs, am I pushing a “conspiracy theory” or facts? I guess it’s easy to try to prove your point by saying “don’t listen to him, he’s crazy” As a doctor why not push your many fans into boosting their immune systems instead of pushing a narrative? as a doctor why not discuss on how high of a percentage of these covid deaths showed a serious vit D deficiency? I thank you for putting yourself at risk to help others against a very deadly virus that we are learning about daily.

#21296 3 years ago

If the vaccine works, great! I hope that those who want to get it can.

I really wish they would also promote eating right, exercising, taking the proper supplements, and having a healthy immune system. In the US at least, Doctors are so so fast to treat the symptoms, not the disease (speaking generally here).

I truly feel for anyone who has lost someone because of this pandemic. I have as well, both from the pandemic itself, and the secondary effects (depression, suicide). I don't wish either on anyone.

Have a great day, be safe, love and respect one another!

Chris

#21297 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here come my 3rd down vote
End of day tally is. 3,756 deaths. Total deaths = 401,810. Oh, yeah, 245,786 new cases. Not a record, but.......

Unknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpeg

Gilligan, little buddy, let's try for a 4th time. Maybe we can save the Minnow. Let's go check with the professor and see what he thinks is wrong with this picture.

Yesterday was 3,377 joining the other dearly departed, 405,261 souls in the U.S. are now pushing up daisies.

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.33.30 AM (resized).png

#21298 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I do think everyone needs to be doing their part to limit the spread, such as continuing to mask and distance. But I will say that my wife and I spent almost a year being really worried about catching Covid. We took extreme measures, were very cautious, pulled our daughter out of school, and in the end...we still got Covid anyway ... But at the same time, I would expect any relatively healthy, relatively young person to have no significant problems with Covid. If that profile fits you, then I wouldn't worry about catching it, so much as inadvertently spreading it.

I'm young and healthy, but caught this before people were masking up or even knew there was community spread. While I hope I don't have any permanent damage, it definitely kicked my ass and I ended up at the ER. For me, your experience illustrates how taking caution can reduce your chance of having a bad case. Glad you came out of this well.

#21299 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Doctors at the hospital put my dad into a coma and on a ventilator when he was dying of cancer in 2005. non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, he didn't smoke.

Patients are commonly sedated while intubated. It's not a comfortable situation to be in, especially long term. We usually lighten up the sedation several hours before we plan to remove the breathing tube to allow the patient to breathe on their own and make sure they will be able to continue to breathe enough off the ventilator.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/426?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.