272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 576.
#21200 3 years ago

What happens when more infrastructure fails? It's happening with hospitals in Toronto.
This vaccine must work or we are in trouble.

#21201 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If you are looking to get vaccinated but aren’t in the right category - check to see if there is a standby list.
Our County health dept has a lottery at the end of the day to make sure any vaccine leftover from the days appointments goes into an arm and isn’t wasted. We just email them each day and they randomly select from that pool each day (today is the first day here) the number of people to match up with the leftover doses.

Sadly, we did not win the vaccine lottery today, but we were both ready to go.

Does anyone else think we are living inside a Black Mirror episode?

#21202 3 years ago

I was watching New York Governor Cuomo on a 45 minute youtube vid. How he is working New York is Group 1 is medical workers and someone else (I think). Group 1B is seniors over 75. To do these two groups of people, he says it will take 14 weeks. That is the 2nd week or April. I'm 68; If I lived in NY I could not even consider getting a dose until after the middle of April.

I do not believe all of the rosy projections about how fast it is going to be to get everyone vaccinated who wants wants to be vaccinated.

In October, we were fed a piece of fiction that the vaccine would be here by November 3rd.

#21203 3 years ago

Husband on leash breached Quebec's Covid curfew...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55631198

#21204 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Sadly, we did not win the vaccine lottery today, but we were both ready to go.
Does anyone else think we are living inside a Black Mirror episode?

Yeah, wife and I are counting on our 6 months of post-infection immunity to get us through until we get our vaccine doses. We're in the last-to-get-them group, aka normal-risk public. Our immunity should last at least until the summer, at which point I hope that we'll be close to getting our shots. Plus, by that point overall numbers will hopefully be better anyway, since every person vaccinated is one less to get sick or spread it.

#21205 3 years ago

New hospitalizations have decreased over the last couple days in LA and Southern California. Good news for this epicenter. Just when it looked like it would never go away on it's own.

#21206 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

He likely had ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) which is a disorder that can have many causes. A reaction to a medication or vaccine could be one of them. They are currently investigating what caused this issue.
With any vaccine there is a possibility of adverse reactions. It’s not clear whether his ITP was related to the vaccine or another disease or perhaps a reaction to another medication. Sometimes no specific cause of ITP is found.
I’m not going to comment on whether one death from the vaccine (if it is in fact shown to be related to the vaccine) is worse than thousands of deaths per day from COVID because any death is horrible.
I would caution people to avoid trying to link any specific problem to the vaccine without evidence to do so. Lots of people are going to be vaccinated and some of them will have medical issues that would have occurred whether they got vaccinated or not. I’m sure there are some people out there who died in a car wreck within a week of being vaccinated, doesn’t mean the vaccine caused it.
As the statistics saying goes “True, true and unrelated.” Best to wait for all the info before drawing conclusions.

Maybe the car wreck was related to the vaccine?? that sounds silly right??? almost as silly on how many of the “covid related” deaths were maybe simple car wrecks.....just sayin’

#21207 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What happens when more infrastructure fails? It's happening with hospitals in Toronto.
This vaccine must work or we are in trouble.

They are running things brutal in Ontario, different levels of lock downs for months now and did nothing for cases, now its full curfew and im sure theyll fuck that up as well. Time to open up everything and take care of the most at risk and let he rest of us run businesses, hit herd immunity and this will disappear.

#21208 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Maybe the car wreck was related to the vaccine?? that sounds silly right??? almost as silly on how many of the “covid related” deaths were maybe simple car wrecks.....just sayin’

Maybes don’t work very well in science. Wait for data to make sure there is causation.

I have a friend who got a winning scratch off lottery ticket the day after he was vaccinated. Maybe? Just sayin.

#21209 3 years ago

Keep in mind Simpson’s Paradox and other statistics cautions during this time of increased vaccination and likely background health events.

It will take time for science to determine causation, if any.

More often than not, life isn’t an episode of House. Don’t go searching for zebras. Etc.

(A repost):

#21210 3 years ago

Maybes don’t work very well in science. Wait for data to make sure there is causation.
I have a friend who got a winning scratch off lottery ticket the day after he was vaccinated. Maybe? Just sayin.

Allow me to throw "maybe" into those groups of words that try to say something. And usually say very little.

I think

I feel

I believe

Well, maybe

I don't care what anybody thinks unless they can back it up with the source that drove their thoughts.

I couldn't care less how you feel.

And I really don't care what you believe. Flying saucers? Prove it.

Can you turn water into wine? Prove it.

If you can't prove what you say you might as well tell me the fairytale that the moon is made of green cheese.

#21211 3 years ago

Your “could be” is the same as my “maybe”

#21212 3 years ago

Got my 1st Pfizer shot today!!
Thank you Operation Warp Speed

#21213 3 years ago

And update to my customer's story....Monday his Mom was going for the vaccine shot, but apparently she had a cough and shortness of breath. At that point, she was treated for covid symptoms, and never actually received the vaccine. So she may have died from covid or related issues. The family did not have a confirmed cause as of noon today.

Just thought I would clear that up. Her death had nothing to do with the vaccine, as she never received it.

As a side note, there are only 5 people allowed to attend a funeral in England. They are getting 50K infections a day over there. My customer won't be going due to the risk of contracting the virus. By the time he got there and isolated, the funeral would be over anyway. Pretty sad times.

#21214 3 years ago

Today I lost my Aunty to Covid. She was a lovely woman, simply the best Aunty a lad could wish for.

The UK is having a hard time of it at the moment and I extend my sympathies to those people who are working in hospitals trying to keep things going.

Stay safe everyone. Cheers.

#21215 3 years ago

You’re helping prove my point.

#21217 3 years ago

13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif

#21218 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Today I lost my Aunty to Covid. She was a lovely woman, simply the best Aunty a lad could wish for.
The UK is having a hard time of it at the moment and I extend my sympathies to those people who are working in hospitals trying to keep things going.
Stay safe everyone. Cheers.

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a close friend already to this pandemic, and I'm guessing we will all be affected in one way or another before it goes away.

#21219 3 years ago

Now there’s something our society doesn’t seem to be very good at or seem interested in.

#21220 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a close friend already to this pandemic, and I'm guessing we will all be affected in one way or another before it goes away.

394,000 deaths in the U.S. since this started. We are now breaking over 4000 deaths per day. By Friday, 400K+ people will have died.

#21221 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I suspect you don't understand the statistical principle at hand here if you think I'm helping to prove your point.

#21222 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

And update to my customer's story....Monday his Mom was going for the vaccine shot, but apparently she had a cough and shortness of breath. At that point, she was treated for covid symptoms, and never actually received the vaccine. So she may have died from covid or related issues. The family did not have a confirmed cause as of noon today.

Just thought I would clear that up. Her death had nothing to do with the vaccine, as she never received it.

It's good that you post this folow up. It shows that we shouldn't draw conclusions to quickly. Unfortunately some people will read your first post, share that story and before you know it it's 'evidence' for some that there's really something terribly wrong.

#21223 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Lol not to some types he's not!. It's hard to see the complete picture for people standing so close, and with such a narrow view of science and information. Scientists frequently exclude data that doesn't fit too well, maybe, and can make flawed assumptions to the detriment of their conclusion.

Sometimes reality is hard. Well, it could be.

#21224 3 years ago

Over time, hopefully the evidence will show that covid lung recovers dramatically, because otherwise...

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/01/13/texas-trauma-surgeon-says-post-covid-lungs-look-worse-than-any-type-of-terrible-smokers-lung-weve-ever-seen/

832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
#21225 3 years ago

My mom (83) got the Pfizer vaccine at her senior community today. She is feeling fine so far.
My father in-law (88 and diabetic) is getting the Moderna vaccine at the county government office on Saturday.

#21226 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Over time, hopefully the evidence will show that covid lung recovers dramatically, because otherwise...
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/01/13/texas-trauma-surgeon-says-post-covid-lungs-look-worse-than-any-type-of-terrible-smokers-lung-weve-ever-seen/
[quoted image]

I'm more concerned about what Covid appears to have done to that person's spine.

#21228 3 years ago

Second vaccine done today! Is this the one with the tracking chip in it or was it the first one?

#21229 3 years ago

Is this the one with the tracking chip in it or was it the first one?

The second one. THEY expect you to check the first one, then lower your guard.

#21230 3 years ago

Second vaccine done today! Is this the one with the tracking chip in it or was it the first one?

Don't they cancel each other out like eating a Big Mac with large fries and an apple pie but drink a large DIET Coke with it?

#21231 3 years ago

It is sad I feel the need to say it, but you may want to add because we know some believe stuff like that.

#21232 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is sad I feel the need to say it, but you may want to add because we know some believe stuff like that.

Here you go.

#21233 3 years ago

<checks tablet> Are you in drive thru line at Chik-Fil-A right now?

#21234 3 years ago

Second one, but it fails if you get to close to the edge of the Flat Earth.....Do watch out for Aliens, and Dinosaurs too.
Elvis shows up sometimes to help.

#21235 3 years ago

Must be the second. I wasn't able to see you on the pinmap yesterday.

Looks like you're playing MBr today. Good choice!

#21236 3 years ago

Was talking with my insurance guy and he said the got the vaccine. I asked him how he was able to get in so soon. He said the is a military veteran and has some issues. I am also a veteran. I am a VA patient and live one mile from Dole Regional Medical Center. I drove over to see if I could get vaccinated. I was given a number to call. I called.

I'll get the first dose of Moderna vaccine on Jan. 28 and the 2nd dose on Feb. 25. But all of the same rules still apply. Wear mask and social distance.

2021 is going to be a long year.

#21237 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

394,000 deaths in the U.S. since this started. We are now breaking over 4000 deaths per day. By Friday, 400K+ people will have died.

Gee Gilligan, 14 hours later and we can add another 1,795 to the list of those who checked out. Total now is 395,728. Feel free to down vote me, again. When we hit 4000 I will be sure to let you know

#21240 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Gee Gilligan, 14 hours later and we can add another 1,795 to the list of those who checked out. Total now is 395,728. Feel free to down vote me, again. When we hit 4000 I will be sure to let you know

The CDC is predicting 92,000 dead in the next 20 days. 38,000 dead in the first 2 weeks of 2021 alone.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

#21241 3 years ago

That is the reason it is two shots. The first one contains the chip, and the second one contains the batteries to activate the chip. When they tried to get both into one shot, it interfered with the behavioral control chip they inject as part of the MMR vaccine. /s

#21242 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

They are running things brutal in Ontario, different levels of lock downs for months now and did nothing for cases, now its full curfew and im sure theyll fuck that up as well. Time to open up everything and take care of the most at risk and let he rest of us run businesses, hit herd immunity and this will disappear.

Your suggested solution has been tried and proven not to work. The main problems:
-opening things up will not bring customers into businesses because they don't feel safe, ask any restaurant owner in a state that's open for business
-herd immunity isn't achieved without a widely distributed vaccine or 70% of the population getting the virus, if that happens the hospitals would be overrun and society would break down from the shear numbers of bodies and people unable to get help

There is a less costly solution that will open up businesses to full capacity sooner. Get everyone vaccinated and continue to practice social distancing, masking, and not eating and drinking inside enclosed spaces until the virus count drops significantly. It's the fastest way to get through this. Giving up and trying to go back to normal in the middle of a pandemic will only drag things out longer so more people die and more businesses fail.

#21243 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OKAY , there ya go.
you're welcome

#21245 3 years ago

I suspect you don't understand the statistical principle at hand here if you think I'm helping to prove your point.

2 outta 3 people polled don’t use statistics....

#21246 3 years ago

Just a reminder that young people face a risk much higher than flu with this. Info from @jeremyfaust via twitter -ER Physician and public health guy.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png

#21247 3 years ago

Graph extracted from a paper published today in Science (vol 371 - p 224)

COVID-19 measures also suppress flu—for now.
But this seems to have a downside: trend could weaken immunity and complicate vaccine formulation for the next flu vaccine...

Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
#21248 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is the reason it is two shots. The first one contains the chip

(a mini pascal janin)

#21249 3 years ago

Can confirm shot #2 has more side effects, at least for me. Shot #1 was really just a sore arm for a day. Shot #2 I got yesterday around noon and had some chills last night and overall aching and headache today. Still at work though.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/425 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.