272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 576.
#21150 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Your phone, tablet, web/audio, searches, YouTube, Gmail, Facebook etc. are the ones tracking people not the vaccine or government. Google had 12-14 DNS servers tracking my IP through the net the last I checked. Facebook alters what your feed is by what you like, comment on and where you are located. They know the last several websites you were on prior to getting on Facebook. Its a "Micro-reality" or bubble of information and posts. People are opting to brows using a VPN to keep from being tracked.

It is getting worse. I went googling for a word in the online dictionaries. All I did was look for the word; I did not sign up for Jack Shit and now I am getting a "word of the day" in my email every day.

#21152 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I thought conspiracy theories were not allowed? I don't get why this is seen as ok. This is highly inflammatory and trolling both of which are against the general forum rules.

a question in curiosity is a conspiracy theory? My sister is a nurse. the hospital is compensated for every positive test. What conspiracy?

#21153 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is getting worse. I went googling for a word in the online dictionaries. All I did was look for the word; I did not sign up for Jack Shit and now I am getting a "word of the day" in my email every day.

Yep. I hurt my two elbows about two months ago. I don’t search for anything related online, i don't research anything on a browser don’t discuss it via email. and yet Facebook barrages me with ads for elbow pain. There is no privacy and the intrusions by tech companies is a absolute disgrace that neither party dares confront or limit.

#21154 3 years ago

Providers are generally reimbursed for all tests that are deemed necessary - positive or negative.

I would venture to say the majority of all tests (in all categories, not just COVID) performed are negative. And if hospitals were only paid for the positive ones, they would go broke.

You may have bad information from your sister.

#21155 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yep a few year's ago my wife ask me to go buy a particular bathers (swimsuit) for my daughter, which I googled to make sure I knew what to buy ... unfortunately I was on my work laptop and for the next year I would always get ads for women's underwear or bathers appearing when browsing websites. Try explaining this to your colleagues

#21156 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

a question in curiosity is a conspiracy theory? My sister is a nurse. the hospital is compensated for every positive test. What conspiracy?

If you’re actually interested in the answer to your question you can search my posts on this thread that thoroughly debunk this.

But, I have my doubts that you have much interest in the truth based on your posts.

#21157 3 years ago

This reminds me of the early days when people were driving around filming hospitals and declaring there was no pandemic because the parking lots weren't full.

We had a few adherents to the Parking Lot Method here as I recall.

We are almost a year into this. If you are still suckling at the conspiracy teet you are either trolling or not very bright.

#21158 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are almost a year into this. If you are still suckling at the conspiracy teet you are either trolling or not very bright.

Or outright dishonest. We shouldn’t exclude malevolent intentions as we discuss conspiracy theorists.

#21159 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This reminds me of the early days when people were driving around filming hospitals and declaring there was no pandemic because the parking lots weren't full.
We had a few adherents to the Parking Lot Method here as I recall.

ki7F73qMI7238_VB3t1r4Y8Yw_5bwYdW5OtJdhF5yTo (resized).jpgki7F73qMI7238_VB3t1r4Y8Yw_5bwYdW5OtJdhF5yTo (resized).jpg
#21160 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

How many Georgians are going to get sick or die because they didn't trust the USPS to deliver a very important piece of mail?

Reported cases per 100,000 residents by county since last week.

That map is VERY misleading.

Many states are surging worse than Georgia. It just happens that GA has 159 individual counties. (number 2 with most counties after TX)

Use this to see which states are worse per population:
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

spoiler - leaders are currently NJ, AZ, RI, AR, CA, TN with GA in 13th place.

#21161 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well this is no good. Some evidence that the South African variant could make the vaccines less effective.
“The new variant has mutated a part of the spike protein that our antibodies bind to, to try to clear the virus itself, so this is concerning,”
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/05/south-africa-covid-variant-appears-to-obviate-antibody-drugs-dr-scott-gottlieb-says.html
TBD how bad this is for current 1.0 gen of vaccines out there. (If it drops the effectively from 90%+ to 60-70% I could live with that). I am optimistic that it wouldn’t be too hard to manufacture a gen 2.0...but getting it into the arms of the populace is the hitch.

Well here is a promising update:

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/pfizer-and-biontech-say-covid-19-vaccine-neutralizes-mutation-found-in-new-uk-south-africa-variants-2021-01-08

#21162 3 years ago

Look, if you are gonna bring conspiracy theories to this thread, try not to suck at it. Be entertaining. This is a tough and demanding audience and we bore easily. The Gilligan guy is pretty good, study his work, but don't copy.

Talk about the Lizard People, 6G, Bilderberg, or Opus Dei. Bring a link, meme, or video to support your bogus claim.

This is not Facebook, we have standards here.

Quoted from cnuts13:

#21164 3 years ago

That's one of my favorite 5G conspiracy theories, it's actually the schematics of a guitar effects pedal! Guitar World had a big laugh at it.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/conspiracy-theorists-share-schematic-for-5g-chip-they-claim-is-implanted-in-covid-19-vaccines-only-its-actually-for-the-boss-metal-zone

#21165 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That map is VERY misleading.
Many states are surging worse than Georgia. It just happens that GA has 159 individual counties. (number 2 with most counties after TX)
Use this to see which states are worse per population:
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days
spoiler - leaders are currently NJ, AZ, RI, AR, CA, TN with GA in 13th place.

Good point regarding the number of counties, but compare rate of testing before you conclude those states are in worse shape. All those states you mention are testing more per capita. So if Georgia is ranked 13th in surge and ~44th in rate of testing, I'd bet Georgia is in worse shape than you think.

#21166 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210108-135004~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210108-135004~2 (resized).png
#21167 3 years ago

My take after 300 days of pandemic.

I really thought with all these post apocalyptic tv series, films, documentaries, books people would be more prepare than ever for a zombie apocalypse or pandemic crisis.

Boy was I wrong.... we are no better than people who kill each other in the walking dead for food, shelter or just for fun.

And this to me is very scary....actualy more than the pandemic itself.

These : oh usualy I'm a responsible citizen and a good person but this crisis is bringing the worst in me won't do no more.

You don't get to be another person because there is a crisis..........you are who you are trough life experiences and what you bring to humanity. You chose who you are.

Idiocy is more popular than ever.

Just my opinion, my post was not to bring negativity but we need to look in a mirror as a society

#21168 3 years ago

It was actually two times from what I saw but the media was too busy on wednesday with other news to realize.

#21169 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

compare rate of testing before you conclude those states are in worse shape

True, 13% testing positive in GA shows that testing is lacking.

https://globalepidemics.org/testing-targets/january-1-2021-state-testing-targets/

spoiler - ID, IA, PA, AL, KS, and SD have the worse positive test rate by far.

#21170 3 years ago

But someone told me it’s only a small percentage of people that are dying <- . On a serious note, it’s terrible, sad and surreal.

#21171 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210109-135825~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210109-135825~2 (resized).png
#21173 3 years ago

Seems this thread even has Covid Fatigue.
Worst week since this mess started.
Reflecting back one year ago when at my work we were starting to get concerned about asia and Italy and how this would spread Globally.
The lack of planning on a Federal level to distribute the vaccine Nation wide is disturbing.
So many mistakes that were right there in front of us is dumbfounding.
A longer lockdown back in March and Federal mandate for face masks would have reduced this death toll by half.
Lets hope and pray the lessons have been learned, im not optimistic.
I see 2 more years and lasting trickle effect in front of us.

#21174 3 years ago

Wife and I got Covid over Christmas break. We're in our mid-30s, not particularly healthy or unhealthy. We're both through it now and just in the final stages of getting back to normal. I've got a slight lingering-cough, mainly in the morning when I first wake up, but am mostly back to normal otherwise.

My symptoms were fever, chills, body aches, loss of taste, and fatigue/tiredness. But my most bothersome symptom was severe stomach pain and nausea. I had stomach pain that kept me up several nights. That's one I never heard about when people talk about covid symptoms. Neither my wife nor I ever had much of cough, nor did we ever have any breathing issues whatsoever. I didn't develop a cough until I started getting better, funnily enough.

Wife's symptoms were similar to mine. We did the spit-test and our results were positive. Our 8-year-old daughter never developed symptoms or tested positive, in spite of exposure to us the whole time. So that's good. Seems she has that childhood immunity thing going.

I wouldn't recommend getting covid. It wasn't a lot of fun! But neither was it life-threatening, for us anyway. We are looking forward to being able to relax our guard a bit for the next 3 to 6 months. Might actually go out to the arcade and play some pinball, and might do a few other public activities that we've been avoiding, such as going to the movies or possibly even a restaurant. Hopefully, by the time our immunity starts to wear off, we'll have been able to get the vaccine. I haven't worked out yet, since getting sick. I'm curious if I'll notice any difference in my breathing while running.

#21175 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seems this thread even has Covid Fatigue.
Worst week since this mess started.

Yes. A year ago the talk was that it was no worse than the flu, or it was not happening at all. And now, I think everybody knows it is here, but way too many ignore it and do not modify their behavior.

It seems like anything that can be said about it has been said about it.

#21176 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

But neither was it life-threatening, for us anyway.

That is perhaps, one of the worst things about this disease: it can give you a slight cough, or it can kill you. Or anything and everything in-between. Without everyone chipping in and doing what needed to be done, we half-assed it. If it were nuclear fallout and we were all radiated, it would have been easier to have had a consensus on treatment and remedy.

I don't recommend covid, either. I've had diarrhea for nearly 2 months. I wake up every morning sore and tired. I'm a long hauler and it sucks. Glad you are not much worse for the wear.

#21177 3 years ago

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/capitol-hill-riot-prove-covid-19-superspreader-event/story?id=75134968
No surprise here, but the recent coup attempt will more than likely be a massive superspreader.

#21178 3 years ago

The government here claims that all adults will be vaccinated by the Autumn (vaccines licensed for 18+ so children are a gap?). I'm hopeful that life will be reasonably back to normal by end-2021, but wouldn't bank on earlier, particularly given how this virus frequently mutates. Thankfully, now that the vaccine 'platforms' are established, they can be modified quickly as necessary. People's behaviour will also be less risky hopefully.

Another factor will be the 30% or so of adults who won't vaccinate for whatever reason. I'm unclear how this will affect herd immunity, but clearly it won't help and will delay 'societal recovery'.

Longer term, we need to ensure this doesn't happen again, and that does mean addressing wildlife at wet markets, and wildlife restaurants. Many of these diseases derive from wildlife (e.g. starting with HIV from chimpanzee bushmeat in the 1970s). The WHO needs to be allowed to do its work at sites where this virus originated, for the sake of survival and quality of life of the human race- it is still not allowed to investigate in Wuhan. Imagine if the death rate had been 20% instead of 1% (as in the movie 'Contagion' [2011] about another coronavirus)? It may be next time. SARS1 was 2003, SARS2 (Covid) was 2019/20. When will the next pandemic be? SARS3 in 2030? The world is becoming more globalised every day, with pandemics one of the downsides of this, and I expect they could happen with increasing frequency. Hopefully only regionally if we can prepare.

Just some thoughts

#21179 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/capitol-hill-riot-prove-covid-19-superspreader-event/story?id=75134968
No surprise here, but the recent coup attempt will more than likely be a massive superspreader.

Masks would have helped those nitwits in more ways than one, lol.

#21180 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210110-212343~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210110-212343~2 (resized).png
#21181 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Another factor will be the 30% or so of adults who won't vaccinate for whatever reason. I'm unclear how this will affect herd immunity

70% coverage is likely to be sufficient (I would have written "clearly sufficient" before the emergence of the new variant). Add to that the recent estimate that one in five people in England may have had coronavirus, rising to almost one in two in some areas. Latest study shows that, once infected, immunity lasts for at least 8 months, as compared to a previous estimate of 6 months.
In other words, 20% of the remaining 30% are already protected, leaving "only" 24% neither vaccinated or immunized.

Consider this 30% reluctance a good number. It's more like 60% in France! Couple this with a very slow start for vaccination (as of today, 100k here vs 2M in the UK) and more and more cases of the variant popping up...

Quoted from Pinballs:

clearly it won't help and will delay 'societal recovery'.

Indeed.

#21182 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Longer term, we need to ensure this doesn't happen again, and that does mean addressing wildlife at wet markets, and wildlife restaurants. Many of these diseases derive from wildlife (e.g. starting with HIV from chimpanzee bushmeat in the 1970s). The WHO needs to be allowed to do its work at sites where this virus originated, for the sake of survival and quality of life of the human race- it is still not allowed to investigate in Wuhan. Imagine if the death rate had been 20% instead of 1% (as in the movie 'Contagion' [2011] about another coronavirus)? It may be next time. SARS1 was 2003, SARS2 (Covid) was 2019/20. When will the next pandemic be? SARS3 in 2030? The world is becoming more globalised every day, with pandemics one of the downsides of this, and I expect they could happen with increasing frequency. Hopefully only regionally if we can prepare.

Although the outbreak was deemed to have started around the Wuhan market, it is not now thought that the disease itself originated from animals kept there.
Rather that it was transmitted from an animal, probably bat, to a person elsewhere it then mutated further and was spread amongst other humans due to the very nature of close proximity of people in the market.
It could just as well have been initially spread at a football match or church.

There are many valid reasons for outlawing 'wet markets' but Covid isn't one of them.

#21184 3 years ago

He likely had ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) which is a disorder that can have many causes. A reaction to a medication or vaccine could be one of them. They are currently investigating what caused this issue.

With any vaccine there is a possibility of adverse reactions. It’s not clear whether his ITP was related to the vaccine or another disease or perhaps a reaction to another medication. Sometimes no specific cause of ITP is found.

I’m not going to comment on whether one death from the vaccine (if it is in fact shown to be related to the vaccine) is worse than thousands of deaths per day from COVID because any death is horrible.

I would caution people to avoid trying to link any specific problem to the vaccine without evidence to do so. Lots of people are going to be vaccinated and some of them will have medical issues that would have occurred whether they got vaccinated or not. I’m sure there are some people out there who died in a car wreck within a week of being vaccinated, doesn’t mean the vaccine caused it.

As the statistics saying goes “True, true and unrelated.” Best to wait for all the info before drawing conclusions.

#21185 3 years ago

Still under investigation. Causation is not yet established or ruled out.

#21186 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Although the outbreak was deemed to have started around the Wuhan market, it is not now thought that the disease itself originated from animals kept there.
Rather that it was transmitted from an animal, probably bat, to a person elsewhere it then mutated further and was spread amongst other humans due to the very nature of close proximity of people in the market.
It could just as well have been initially spread at a football match or church.
There are many valid reasons for outlawing 'wet markets' but Covid isn't one of them.

I am not asking for wet markets to be outlawed. I am asking for wildlife at wet markets and restaurants to be outlawed.

Bats are what harbour 1000s of coronaviruses, and have done so for literally millions of years (wow). They are the root cause (to-and-fro subsequent inter-species infections and mutations notwithstanding), and need to be removed from wet markets and restaurants, mostly (but not universally) located in southern China e.g. Wuhan, a city of 11 million people. This was widely predicted to cause a pandemic by e.g. Hong Kong University, years before Covid, and starting with SARS1 in 2003. And they were sadly correct. We are experiencing SARS2 currently.

If chicken harboured 1000s of coronaviruses, would you eat it? No, we would ban it.

If wildlife at markets and restaurants aren't banned, this will happen again and again, and may yet end the human race. Hopefully humans will be intelligent enough to act, despite the dictatorships at certain locales that perpetuate this entirely avoidable problem. If we do nothing, as proposed, after Covid, we deserve to be wiped out IMO.

#21187 3 years ago

Even *if* the vaccine directly caused this death, look at the odds. A handful of bad reactions out of millions of doses already administered. Meanwhile I’ve seen reports in hot spots of anywhere from 1 in 30 to as high as 1 in 5 *currently* infected, depending on location. So, not counting people who were sick back in April or whenever. Out of every 100 people who get sick, something like 10-15 will need hospitalization, 1-2 will die, and 20 or so will deal with long-term after effects.

If you’re going to worry about dying bc of taking the vaccine, it’s like worrying about getting hit by lightning while walking down the middle of the highway. You wouldn’t want that particular outcome for sure, but it’s pretty unlikely to happen to you. And meanwhile you’re exposing yourself to a much more likely threat.

#21188 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Even *if* the vaccine directly caused this death, look at the odds. A handful of bad reactions out of millions of doses already administered. Meanwhile I’ve seen reports in hot spots of anywhere from 1 in 30 to as high as 1 in 5 *currently* infected, depending on location. So, not counting people who were sick back in April or whenever. Out of every 100 people who get sick, something like 10-15 will need hospitalization, 1-2 will die, and 20 or so will deal with long-term after effects.
If you’re going to worry about dying bc of taking the vaccine, it’s like worrying about getting hit by lightning while walking down the middle of the highway. You wouldn’t want that particular outcome for sure, but it’s pretty unlikely to happen to you. And meanwhile you’re exposing yourself to a much more likely threat.

I saw an article on this about a month ago. In summary, it was something like "If a million people get the vaccine, X amount of them will die of a heart attack within a couple weeks". Yet without the vaccine, the same X amount of people will die of heart attacks. The vaccine didn't cause the heart attack.

#21189 3 years ago

If you are looking to get vaccinated but aren’t in the right category - check to see if there is a standby list.

Our County health dept has a lottery at the end of the day to make sure any vaccine leftover from the days appointments goes into an arm and isn’t wasted. We just email them each day and they randomly select from that pool each day (today is the first day here) the number of people to match up with the leftover doses.

#21190 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If you are looking to get vaccinated but aren’t in the right category - check to see if there is a standby list.
Our County health dept has a lottery at the end of the day to make sure any vaccine leftover from the days appointments goes into an arm and isn’t wasted. We just email them each day and they randomly select from that pool each day (today is the first day here) the number of people to match up with the leftover doses.

That sounds like a great system, and they should be doing something like that everywhere. This stuff is like liquid gold, and it's too precious to waste even a single dose.

#21191 3 years ago

Even gorillas should wear masks and social distance. Who can enforce it?

This is from today's San Diego Tribune.

632156087 (resized).jpg632156087 (resized).jpg

#21192 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's one thing arguing against lockdowns, but how do you possibly justify taking a vacation that exposes you to so many people during the most deadly wave of the pandemic?

By wearing a mask of course....

#21193 3 years ago

Isolation time with the family. What could go wrong?

Screenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).png
#21194 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Even gorillas should wear masks and social distance. Who can enforce it?
This is from today's San Diego Tribune.
[quoted image]

Which one?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21195 3 years ago

Just flew back from Las Vegas after driving out there to deliver a car (weather was great for the drive on I-80, 76 & 70 to I-15). Utah was great, "Masks suggested" on the doors of several businesses. Some did require them though. I wore mine until I was eating and drinking.

Visited the new Circa Casino-Resort in downtown LV on Saturday. The stadium sportsbook was awesome. Packed and little social distancing. But everyone wore masks except while drinking. And the booze was flowing...

Only difference in Nevada from a few months ago was that you need a "reservation" to dine in at restaurants. You can usually make a reservation and be seated immediately except at busy times as seating is limited.

#21196 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Just flew back from Las Vegas after driving out there to deliver a car (weather was great for the drive on I-80, 76 & 70 to I-15). Utah was great, "Masks suggested" on the doors of several businesses. Some did require them though. I wore mine until I was eating and drinking.
Visited the new Circa Casino-Resort in downtown LV on Saturday. The stadium sportsbook was awesome. Packed and little social distancing. But everyone wore masks except while drinking. And the booze was flowing...
Only difference in Nevada from a few months ago was that you need a "reservation" to dine in at restaurants. You can usually make a reservation and be seated immediately except at busy times as seating is limited.

Hope you bet on Bama to cover - Roll Tide Roll!

#21197 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I'm not worried about dying, Simply just posting an article. Some people like to know about adverse reactions. Thank you.

#21198 3 years ago

The US is near 3% of the population vaccinated. I suspect some doses administered are delayed in getting reported.
This site does a pretty good job of tracking vaccine and doses administered:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

#21199 3 years ago

I have no other details except one of my customers was in my shop yesterday, and he told me his mother was getting the vaccine shot that day. She is in the UK. Today he calls and tells me she is now dead. I am not trying to scare anyone, just telling my story. I will update it when I find out more. He couldn't tell me more, other than she was rushed back to the hospital where she died. He did not say that the vaccine was her cause of death, but he never mentioned any underlying conditions either.
Again, not trying create controversy, just telling what I heard, and this shouldn't reflect on the millions of positive results from the vaccines. It is a sensitive topic and I debated even posting it, due to potential reactions, but it is what happened regardless.
This virus is touching everybody in many ways, including him and his family that may not be able to be in the UK to share their grief with other loved ones.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/424?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.