272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 421 of 576.
#21000 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Can you cite your scientific data to support this claim? That 100% vaccination is the only way to eradicate this (or any) virus?

didn't say that. I said anything less than 100% COMPLIANCE. talking about the halfassed "shutdowns"/"restrictions"

#21001 3 years ago

My father in law died of Covid Saturday. It was 9 days from onset of symptoms to death. I waited a couple days to say this so I could calm my anger a little bit. If you would like to know his underlying health issues, fuck you. If you’re not taking Covid seriously, fuck you. If you’re not wearing a mask in public, fuck you. If you are saying 99.whatever% survive, fuck you. If you need to politicize this pandemic, fuck you. If you have a cavalier attitude about Covid, fuck you.

He was a good man, and now he’s dead. He’s dead because people pretend doing the things needed to control this pandemic infringe on our rights. He’s dead because people reject science. He’s dead because people are dumb. We’ve known about this virus for a year, but we just haven’t been able to do what was needed. If we as a society had acted like civilized people, he wouldn’t be dead. Our stupidity as a society is more to blame for his death than the virus. If he had died 7 months ago, it would have been the virus, but now it’s us.

#21002 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

My father in law died of Covid Saturday. It was 9 days from onset of symptoms to death. I waited a couple days to say this so I could calm my anger a little bit. If you would like to know his underlying health issues, fuck you. If you’re not taking Covid seriously, fuck you. If you’re not wearing a mask in public, fuck you. If you are saying 99.whatever% survive, fuck you. If you need to politicize this pandemic, fuck you. If you have a cavalier attitude about Covid, fuck you.
He was a good man, and now he’s dead. He’s dead because people pretend doing the things needed to control this pandemic infringe on our rights. He’s dead because people reject science. He’s dead because people are dumb. We’ve known about this virus for a year, but we just haven’t been able to do what was needed. If we as a society had acted like civilized people, he wouldn’t be dead. Our stupidity as a society is more to blame for his death than the virus. If he had died 7 months ago, it would have been the virus, but now it’s us.

I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. Your post is spot-on. I was bitching at people on Facebook back in July, when "only" 130k Americans had died from covid. I still see troglodytes today, going into stores without masks. I've given up hope that we can somehow rise above all of the political bs. We're drowning in it. It hasn't helped that the hmfic is so cavalier about it, too.

#21003 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you’re not taking Covid seriously, fuck you.

VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS!

Me and my girlfriend have been taking this VERY seriously, and now she is in isolation because of her f-in Mom.

I stayed away from her Mom, but who knows if my girl has it or not and if it was already passed to me.

If I do have it now I will not be passing it on, because I have been wearing a mask, and staying away from everyone.

No one has any symptoms, just a drama queen Mom going to the ER for bullshit, but regardless, I AM STAYING AWAY FROM EVERYONE LIKE I HAVE DONE SINCE MARCH. Only person I have been close to was my girlfriend, and she has been awesome at everything, except inviting her drama queen Mom home for the holidays.

#21007 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

What is the old saying "there is at least two sides to every story"
But my side is a conspiracy

You’re trying to look at the third side of the story, that’s where the conspiracies are. It’s true there are two sides to every story, but not everything is convoluted and mysterious. You’re lookin for some very interesting sides.

Is covid a plan to kill most of the worlds population, like the Georgia guide stones?
Is covid a plan to start “The Big Reset” to take personal property from everyone in the world?
Is covid a plan to keep the trumpets from exposing child sex slave rings around the world?
Is covid a plan to crush the entire worlds economy by the Chinese?
Is covid a deep state cover up of murder hornets?

Is covid all these things, none of them, or could it have just been an accident that most people are trying to stop. Could it just be a new virus that is throwing our conventional lives curve ball? Pay attention to the ball and you might hit it outta the park, don’t pay attention and you’re going to strike out.

Not everything is a conspiracy, no matter how hard you look.

#21008 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

My father in law died of Covid Saturday. It was 9 days from onset of symptoms to death.

My condolences. I fear we are going to see a lot of these posts over the next month.

Hang in there and hug your wife a lot.

#21009 3 years ago

ha ha, another biased source, The Guardian. Cmon man.

And yet you can’t post your unbiased sources because you are afraid of committing an infraction.

#21010 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I am so sorry for your loss. I have not lost anyone to COVID, but your post nails exactly how I feel! Take care of yourself and hang in there!

#21011 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm sorry to hear about your Father in law Dave. My condolences. Your post is spot on with how a lot of people are feeling right now.

#21012 3 years ago

... yes, there is bias in the media. You're biased. Everyone here has bias. Good job on pointing that out.

Here's another report from another biased organization with a different agenda than the Guardian. : https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-admits-coronavirus-death-toll-3-times-higher-than-reported

#21013 3 years ago

It's been widely reported in many news sources (CNN, Fox, The Economist) and The Guardian was quoting the Russians who were admitting they lied about their data. I'm amazed you automatically dismiss news stories and facts without reading the articles or checking with other sources. I'm having a hard time taking anything you say on this thread seriously because it's so completely divested from reality and common sense.

#21014 3 years ago

My brother (who is an MD) just got the Pfizer vaccine. No issues. Says he read up on it prior and looks really good, very low incidence of problems.

His biggest concern? The amount of deliberate disinformation out there about it that might prevent enough people from taking it.

#21015 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That's awful, my condolences, I'm sure this is a very hard time for you and your family and I wish you the best in getting through it.

You have every right to be angry. Selfish and lazy people have prioritized their inconvenience in taking basic safety precautions over the lives of our families and friends, as well as our community, country and economy. We should all be angry.

#21016 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

You’re trying to look at the third side of the story, that’s where the conspiracies are. It’s true there are two sides to every story, but not everything is convoluted and mysterious. You’re lookin for some very interesting sides.
Is covid a plan to kill most of the worlds population, like the Georgia guide stones?
Is covid a plan to start “The Big Reset” to take personal property from everyone in the world?
Is covid a plan to keep the trumpets from exposing child sex slave rings around the world?
Is covid a plan to crush the entire worlds economy by the Chinese?
Is covid a deep state cover up of murder hornets?
Is covid all these things, none of them, or could it have just been an accident that most people are trying to stop. Could it just be a new virus that is throwing our conventional lives curve ball? Pay attention to the ball and you might hit it outta the park, don’t pay attention and you’re going to strike out.
Not everything is a conspiracy, no matter how hard you look.

My god man, you got to breath. That is a lot of conspiracies, but I am the one being told I am the conspiracist! you know more about this subject than me..

I clearly point out that if I don't agree with some people, They use this garbage as a tool to attack.
Thanks for proving the point

Pointing out my sources are just another tool for some to attack as it is NOT their choice of information.

Just look above and see how nasty people get, disgusting. Yet you want dialogue? laughable
I stand by my decisions and say shut the thread down as it is achieving nothing but bad feelings and that is not what pinball is about.
Peace pin freaks

#21017 3 years ago

I’ve certainly let my guard down a few times. This couple died as a result of doing it...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/29/us/covid-coronavirus-victim-story-haircut-chicago-trnd/index.html

#21018 3 years ago

They are doing tiered vaccinations at my wife’s work and she was just notified (like 50 minutes ago) that she is in the second tier...so her first jab will be sometime near the beginning of Jan, likely with the Moderna version.

Her main gripe is she got to choose the location...and at the moment there is a choice of one location.

If that is the worst of it, I’ll take it!

#21019 3 years ago

I got an email today from the VA. I live one mile from Dole Regional VA Medical Center. This VA received 1000 doses of the Moderna vaccine. They have been busy taking care of all doctors and staff and the old timers that are in long term care.

I will be notified when they will be able to give me the vaccine. I have no idea when that will be. Of course, I would like for it to happen tomorrow.

It sounds like there have been some start up issues and things are moving slower than the plan. This does not surprise me. Getting that many doses out to the millions of people is going to take time.

#21020 3 years ago

I don't think anybody saw this one coming.

"Oxygen supply issues forced five Los Angeles-area hospitals to declare an 'internal disaster'"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/29/us/california-hospital-oxygen-covid/index.html

"Oxygen supply issues led at least five Los Angeles County hospitals to declare an "internal disaster" Sunday, which included turning patients away."

"The oxygen issues come as Los Angeles County sees a near-overwhelming surge of Covid-19 patients taking nearly every hospital to capacity. Nearly 7,000 patients are currently hospitalized, with about 20% of those in intensive care units."

"..supply companies have a shortage of the actual oxygen canisters that patients can take home once discharged from the hospital. Without the canisters, patients who might otherwise be able to go home -- and free up a bed and health care workers' time -- have to stay in the hospital."

#21021 3 years ago

41 year old congressman elect from Louisiana Luke Letlow has died from covid.

#21022 3 years ago

Coworker of mine just lost his dad and I don't think he was that old, no other comorbidities either.

#21023 3 years ago

For some positive news, I went to the grocery store for the the first time in several weeks and while it was crowded (immanent snow storm and new years on the horizon), I observed plenty of good social distancing practices and 100% mask compliance. No chin diapers or exposed sniffers to be seen.

Even more inspiring was this was at Woodman's, where I've yet to see great mask habits and can be an odd place with an interesting clientele. They carry every grocery item imaginable, don't take credit cards, and most of their stores that I've been in give off a slight People of Walmart vibe.

#21024 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

41 year old congressman elect from Louisiana Luke Letlow has died from covid.

Horribly sad. Another preventable death.

#21026 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

His biggest concern? The amount of deliberate disinformation out there about it that might prevent enough people from taking it

Spain are recording names of those who refuse and will share the list with other European Union countries.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Spain to keep register of those who refuse Covid vaccine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55471282

#21028 3 years ago

Long hauler reports are scaring the crap out of me. Permanent damage to organs and god knows what else. Have mild covid symptoms and then weeks later, after negative tests, become sick? This virus Also seems to mutate weirdly.
Will we have to social distance for years to come? So many unanswered questions

#21029 3 years ago

Every single one of these deaths is sad. None of them have to be qualified by explaining the presence or lack of pre-exisiting conditions. These were hundreds of thousands of people that were alive and enjoying life.

#21030 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

For some positive news, I went to the grocery store for the the first time in several weeks and while it was crowded (immanent snow storm and new years on the horizon), I observed plenty of good social distancing practices and 100% mask compliance. No chin diapers or exposed sniffers to be seen.
Even more inspiring was this was at Woodman's, where I've yet to see great mask habits and can be an odd place with an interesting clientele. They carry every grocery item imaginable, don't take credit cards, and most of their stores that I've been in give off a slight People of Walmart vibe.

That is good news. I work for a grocery organization that has a pretty good COVID response - enforced masks, store limited to 30% capacity, markers on the floor to encourage distancing, with most customers keeping distance.

I visited my folks in Wisconsin back in August when my grandmother died (not COVID related), and stopped in a Woodmans. It was chaos. No distancing. Masks on the chin, people screaming, children running everywhere. I've been so used to our stores' culture and it was a huge culture shock stopping in there. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, and left empty handed.

#21031 3 years ago

Stimulus checks have begun to be dispersed. In fact, I already received mine. There are concerns about where some of the funds are allocated, however. Apparently, there will be some going to deceased individuals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/29/600-stimulus-checks-are-on-the-way-heres-who-will-get-them-first.html

#21032 3 years ago

Should the airlines and ground travel be suspended? My area has few cases and I luckily do not know of 1 person that has had covid. Would containing travel to 25 kilometers + or - of your residence contain the virus until we get a handle on it?

#21033 3 years ago

Just saw a UPS driver walk into a business without a mask. He's young and probably doesn't have parents, so its okay....

#21034 3 years ago

Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on Gilligan’s Island, has died from COVID-19.

#21036 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Damn it.

#21037 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

This virus Also seems to mutate weirdly.

The virus doesn't mutate weirdly at all, it mutates in exactly the same way that all viruses, and other replicating cells mutate.

Maybe not teaching Darwin in school is starting to come home to roost, with the lack of understanding of basic science being demonstrated by so many.

I suggest reading "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins to understand how life forms mutate and the random nature of evolution.
(He also 'created' the word meme)

#21038 3 years ago

RIP Dawn Wells.

I'll play some Gilligans Island for you tonight.

#21039 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Me and my girlfriend have been taking this VERY seriously, and now she is in isolation because of her f-in Mom.
I stayed away from her Mom, but who knows if my girl has it or not and if it was already passed to me.
If I do have it now I will not be passing it on, because I have been wearing a mask, and staying away from everyone.
No one has any symptoms, just a drama queen Mom going to the ER for bullshit, but regardless, I AM STAYING AWAY FROM EVERYONE LIKE I HAVE DONE SINCE MARCH. Only person I have been close to was my girlfriend, and she has been awesome at everything, except inviting her drama queen Mom home for the holidays.

Just wondering how you and girlfriend are travelling - did you girlfriend's test come back negative? Hope you guys are doing ok

#21040 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Fortunately the age old question, Ginger or Mary Ann was answered well before she died.

#21041 3 years ago

Here in Los Angeles, the emergency capacity is zero or almost zero. I was thinking about the medical ship that was parked in San Pedro earlier this year. You might remember a deranged truck driver tried to plow his vehicle into it.

So where is this ship when we so desperately need it right this very second? I think there are three such medical ships, but not here in Los Angeles. That was then. This is now.

I understand these ships can’t be everywhere. Could we get one, though? I think it is actually much worse here today than it was earlier this year.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2020/04/01/the-us-navys-hospital-ships-in-the-covid-19-fight-badly-need-replacing/

I don’t want to bang a doom and gloom drum. I anxiously await my vaccine.

#21042 3 years ago

Goodbye Dawn Wells, as a young teenage boy I thank you for the many happy memories.
Here is some Puddles The Clown, in your honor - RIP.

#21043 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

did you girlfriend's test come back negative?

The instant test came back negative. The other (supposedly more accurate) test results in 3 days we are waiting on.

She feels fine, I feel fine, but just like the last 8-9 months now, we are both being as careful as we can.

Happy New Year!

(and I am truly sorry for any of your loss of loved ones this year, I lost a best friend myself). (it hurts).

#21044 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

the age old question, Ginger or Mary Ann

some questions are better left unanswered

BE90DBF5-03C1-41A1-A031-90277F712758 (resized).jpegBE90DBF5-03C1-41A1-A031-90277F712758 (resized).jpegE7F1DA12-0505-4233-AC95-808136B375BC (resized).jpegE7F1DA12-0505-4233-AC95-808136B375BC (resized).jpeg

So why argue?
7B0E14AD-F6E7-4EA7-A19E-9379BF00CE8E (resized).jpeg7B0E14AD-F6E7-4EA7-A19E-9379BF00CE8E (resized).jpeg

Rest In Peace Mrs. Wells

#21045 3 years ago

The sad part (as if it isn't sad enough already) is going to be the long lingering issues once this is under control. Not gone, but under control. I don't think it will ever be "gone".

To anyone who has lost loved ones to the virus - I offer my condolences.

To anyone who has lost a loved one for another reason and could not be with them in their last days, attend a funeral, or otherwise get closure - I offer my sincere condolences.

To anyone who has lost someone from depression or suicide because of the pandemic - I offer my condolences.

I have personally experienced all 3. And yes, I leave the house. I go to work, stores, occasionally restaurants. You can still do things and be smart about it. Wear a mask, follow the CDC guidelines, be mindful of other people. I am a volunteer firefighter who can get the vaccine in the first round and I am lucky for that. I hope everyone who wants and needs it can get it before they are unable to.

Unfortunately what has happened the most, and what happens with most major events, is division. People seem to feel you have to be on one side or the other and if you're on the "other" side they need to hate and belittle you. And that is unfortunate. I don't agree with many of my family members about things. Response to the pandemic, politics, etc. But I am a human being and can respect their views even if I don't agree. I can have a civil conversation without resorting to childish ways or yelling or ruining a lifelong relationship. And that goes both ways. So many who were so close before are at each others throats now. and for what?

Be safe. Be courteous. Be mindful. Be HUMAN!

Again, this is my stance and I am sure some will berate me for it but so be it. I wish all a happy and healthy new year!

#21046 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I suggest reading "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins

My favourite quote is from him

9CD06472-27DB-47ED-AA35-18DEADF9BB1C (resized).jpeg9CD06472-27DB-47ED-AA35-18DEADF9BB1C (resized).jpeg

#21047 3 years ago
#21049 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

some questions are better left unanswered
[quoted image][quoted image]
So why argue?
[quoted image]
Rest In Peace Mrs. Wells

Always Mary Ann. Always.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 421 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/421?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.