272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 420 of 576.
#20951 3 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

This video seems to be promoting the idea that women are inherently unqualified to participate in government or in management levels of business.
I don't think you will find much support for this idea in the 21st century. You would have had better luck in the 1950s.
The truth is that most of the world is becoming more and more open-minded and inclusive, while a few still cling to the old ways and keep hoping that all of this annoying human rights and equality stuff will just go away.
Well, it's not going away.

There in your post lies an oxymoron, contradiction. People whom don't care, I don't know... too oblivious to see?. Reasonable majority ignore the nonsense and don't get involved or speak up on such mindless things. Winds up with the vocal-minority-spewing-and-propogating-nonsense syndrome.

Like lots of things.

Everyone has responsibilities. Rights don't exist before responsibility. Between people.

Money? ... that's another story. Some people just care more about money than they care about people.

Human is human. Men and Women are the same as they were in the 1950s and the 1870s and the 2020s. Such levels of evolution do not occur that rapidly. Chaos can become a thing much more rapidly though.

#20952 3 years ago

I just received some absolutely gut-wrenching news. A friend of mine has passed away. He was a very young man, and I was told he had a lot of breathing problems and shortness of breath in his last couple of days. He had asthma and it looks like he caught covid. He was 23, and his body was found on Christmas morning. His name was Zach.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

#20953 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just received some absolutely gut-wrenching news. A friend of mine has passed away. He was a very young man, and I was told he had a lot of breathing problems and shortness of breath in his last couple of days. He had asthma and it looks like he caught covid. He was 23, and his body was found on Christmas morning. His name was Zach.

Sorry to hear this for him and his family.

One thing we need to remember is even though this year sucks, our problems directly and indirectly related to this whole fiasco don’t automagically go away on Jan 1st a lot of healing will take many years and it’s important to respect this going into the new year.

#20954 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It is diffiCult to explain this to some people. Especially when they don't want to know.

You mean don’t agree

#20955 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

23 is way to young. As a parent this would kill me. Rest in peace Zach, and my heart goes out to his family.
May 2021 be better for all of us.
Until then, wear a face mask and stay 6 feet or more away from people you dont know.

#20956 3 years ago

A very good friend of mine lost his mother to Covid yesterday. 74 years old, took it very seriously but lived in a multi-generational household where one person didn't.

#20957 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

So sorry for your loss, terrible to lose someone so young.

#20958 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You mean don’t agree

It would be awesome if these were simple matters of disagreement to be debated. I wish they were.

#20959 3 years ago

I lost my mother to Covid this morning. She, like so many others, had other underlying health issues. She had advanced Alzheimer’s and kidney problems. She was 78.

I’m glad she’s no longer suffering. I saw her a few days ago (she lived 6 hours from me) and it was apparent that she was in a lot of pain. An awful thing to witness.

RIP mom.

#20960 3 years ago

Oh no, Dr Fauci has admitted to lying to suit an agenda! Regarding his advice on herd immunity and wearing of masks. I won't post it here as I will get banned for a certain topic.
Shocking.
Quarantine the sick ( ie; me ) and let the world turn again.
Its obvious that shutdowns aren't working and the people are getting sick of being told what to do. Peoples lively hoods are at stake.
Mental illness, financial hard ship WILL kill more people than the virus soon.
It is heartbreaking to watch.
No conspiracy hey? Just blatant lies.

#20962 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I lost my mother to Covid this morning. She, like so many others, had other underlying health issues. She had advanced Alzheimer’s and kidney problems. She was 78.
I’m glad she’s no longer suffering. I saw her a few days ago (she lived 6 hours from me) and it was apparent that she was in a lot of pain. An awful thing to witness.
RIP mom.

I am so sorry for your loss!

#20963 3 years ago

Oh no, Dr Fauci has admitted to lying to suit an agenda! Regarding his advice on herd immunity and wearing of masks. I won't post it here as I will get banned for a certain topic.
Shocking.
Its obvious that shutdowns aren't working and the people are getting sick of being told what to do. Peoples lively hoods are at stake.

... and unreasonable censorship of essential information is the order of the day, and becoming much too common ...

People can not be censoring or suppressing things purely because they do not agree, or are offended. That is a Very slippery slope...

#20964 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

RIP mom.

Condolences for your loss mate. Parents are a huge part of your life - my thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

#20965 3 years ago

Shocking.

You don't get banned here for sharing actual information. As he and others received more information, the herd immunity goal posts did and will move. They still don't know everything. Here is the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/health/herd-immunity-covid-coronavirus.html

330,000 plus dead from the virus. More than 1 in 1000 people in our country dead from Covid. And lots suffering from financial and mental stresses. It is tough in every direction.

#20967 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

... and unreasonable censorship of essential information is the order of the day, and becoming much too common ...
People can not be censoring or suppressing things purely because they do not agree, or are offended. That is a Very slippery slope...

I don't think you know what censorship actually means, it means government stopping you from voicing your opinions. I'm sorry that you think we are offended by your beliefs, we are not, but no one should feel compelled to provide a forum for them.

#20968 3 years ago

Shocking.

Wrong. Shut downs and other safety precautions are absolutely working. What you don't get is no one will go back to living like normal until they feel safe. If you open everything up, no one will come and businesses will hurt more in the long run, the pandemic will drag out for years and years. This is already the problem, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are dragging this out way longer than it should have lasted. Restaurants and businesses will tell you, the problem isn't lockdowns and safety precautions, when they aren't locked down they still have no customers because people don't feel safe. The only route to opening things up is working together to decrease the infection rate so people feel safe enough to be in public again. Your approach is dangerous, hurts businesses, kills a lot more people and doesn't work.

#20969 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You don't get banned here for sharing actual information. As he and others received more information, the herd immunity goal posts did and will move. They still don't know everything. Here is the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/health/herd-immunity-covid-coronavirus.html
330,000 plus dead from the virus. More than 1 in 1000 people in our country dead from Covid. And lots suffering from financial and mental stresses. It is tough in every direction.

this is NOT the article, keep searching

#20971 3 years ago

The thread can not be about Covid without also including politics and censorship, as has been demonstrated throughout its course.

#20972 3 years ago

This video was ridiculous, it's funny how weak and threatened that old dude feels by women politicians. Why are you posting stuff like this on the Coronovirus thread? To show how weak, insecure and scared you are of women in politics and business? Honestly this crap doesn't belong in this thread or on Pinside. Can we go back to talking about science and a pandemic that is currently hurting the entire world?

#20973 3 years ago

Conspiracy theory rants or misinformation debunked and de-platformed on a private website ≠ censorship.

If you need a safe space for that junk there are plenty of outlets available. Heck, you guys could have a wild PM thread going amongst yourselves and not be so upset.

#20974 3 years ago

this is NOT the article, keep searching

It is the information about Fauci's stance from an interview with Fauci.

If you have other info that is true, credibly sourced, and adds to our understanding of the issue, please share it.

#20976 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Wrong. Shut downs and other safety precautions are absolutely working. What you don't get is no one will go back to living like normal until they feel safe. If you open everything up, no one will come and businesses will hurt more in the long run, the pandemic will drag out for years and years. This is already the problem, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are dragging this out way longer than it should have lasted. Restaurants and businesses will tell you, the problem isn't lockdowns and safety precautions, when they aren't locked down they still have no customers because people don't feel safe. The only route to opening things up is working together to decrease the infection rate so people feel safe enough to be in public again. Your approach is dangerous, hurts businesses, kills a lot more people and doesn't work.

I am sorry but you are wrong, on many levels. That is not my uninformed opinion.

I can not even effectively respond here and have it published. So there you go.

What I can say is that maybe you should read up on the W.H.O. advise, which disagrees with you.

#20978 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If you have other info that is true, credibly sourced, and adds to our understanding of the issue, please share it.

I have been banned enough, your defensiveness is astounding!
What do you call credibly sourced? My source is Isaac Butterfield. You can DuckDuckGo it!
It came direct from his own mouth but not covered by MSM as there is always an agenda.
I think he has realised that the truth shall set you free.
I will just follow and shake my head at the sheep who follow.

I can't believe you quoted The New York Times!
Any educated person knows this is the most biased, agenda driven media out there. Even us bogans in Australia know to take with a grain of salt.

#20979 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

RIP mom.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom 3 years ago and it still hurts.

Hugs.

#20980 3 years ago

I will just follow and shake my head at the sheep who follow.

And I will shake my head at the sheep who follow the conspiracy stuff while thinking they're the ones seeing things clear and knowing 'the real truth'.

I can't believe you quoted The New York Times!
Any educated person knows this is the most biased, agenda driven media out there. Even us bogans in Australia know to take with a grain of salt.

Nah, the agenda driven media are mostly the ones that feed on creating doubt without any real data to back up those doubts. Don't get me wrong: there're a lot of things decided that's influenced by lobbyists instead of what's best for the world and its population, but I think too many people have gone from 'let's stay alert and be critical of what is told to us' to 'there's an agenda, there's sensorship, and most of what the mainstream media tells us is fake'. I think we need the not so much sensation driven mainstream media more than ever to keep us informed of the real facts and what science learns us. And yes: mistakes are made, knowledge changes during time, and sometimes the importance of certain knowledge is either used too little or too much, but that doesn't make an 'agenda' and it doesn't alter the facts.
You'll probably think I'm really ignorant, while I think you're the one being misled and used as part of propaganda, or at least for a business model (viewers, and therefor money).

#20981 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

..."credibly sourced", from NYT content?!? ... Oh Please!! LOL

#20983 3 years ago

My source is Isaac Butterfield

Isn’t he just an Australian comedian? Or am I thinking of the wrong guy?

#20984 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I looked it up also, and he appears to be a controversial comedian that has been banned from Netflix for a twisted gas chamber joke. Does not sound like the type of person to get news, facts, or history from for sure.

#20985 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I am sorry but you are wrong, on many levels. That is not my uninformed opinion.
I can not even effectively respond here and have it published. So there you go.
What I can say is that maybe you should read up on the W.H.O. advise, which disagrees with you.

Don't you live in Australia where lock downs worked in the goal of reducing infections?

The United States doesn't have anything near a "shut down" - we have poorly implemented restrictions that vary by local government.

#20986 3 years ago

Vaccine update:

I got the Pfizer vaccine last Thursday, I had some arm soreness at the injection site for about 36 hours but no other side effects.

My wife got the Moderna vaccine on Saturday (she is a front line worker as well) and she has had less arm soreness than me but still a little. No other side effects noted.

I’m due for my second injection in mid-January, I’ve read that patients reported more side effects like low grade fever or muscle aches after the second dose so we’ll see.

#20987 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Don't you live in Australia where lock downs worked in the goal of reducing infections?
The United States doesn't have anything near a "shut down" - we have poorly implemented restrictions that vary by local government.

And a lot of those restrictions are unenforceable. In texas our governor has said people can't be fined or jailed for violating the restrictions. So we effectively have no restrictions.

#20988 3 years ago

"Voluntaryism doesn't work well for public health, and western liberal societies lack the will and mechanisms to involuntarily restrict movement and interaction, which is the main way you stop a pandemic."
https://twitter.com/Midnight_Blaze_/status/1343317521525600257

"Which is to say that masks and social distancing would have been very useful secondary measures IF we had had the ability to restrict movement, with a full stop on international travel in Jan or by stopping interstate travel from places where the virus was spreading in Feb/Mar."
https://twitter.com/Midnight_Blaze_/status/1343323756450689024

"But we couldn't. So, all we have now are these palliative measures- masks and distancing -that might keep individuals safe for as long as they can manage to abide by them, but don't really do anything to end the virus and return society to normal operation."
https://twitter.com/Midnight_Blaze_/status/1343324860018262017

#20989 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

And a lot of those restrictions are unenforceable. In texas our governor has said people can't be fined or jailed for violating the restrictions. So we effectively have no restrictions.

How much voluntary compliance is there?

#20990 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Australia isn't a real country, don't believe what the lamestream media like the New York Times or scientists like Doctor Fauci tell you. They made it up as a fake example of how lockdowns work, but they really know that lockdowns don't work at all! And the MSM and Pinside have censored all the people that are trying to get the word out that that part of the world is just water, there is no island or country there. Australia has just been a big lie by the media and scientists, but now the truth is getting out! Check out this link for more info:

#20991 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

anything less than 100% might as well be 0 when it comes to getting rid of the virus which is why this wasn't over by June.

#20992 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I can't speak for all of texas (texas is quite large afterall) but in the Austin area it isn't too bad I don't think. I don't venture out myself except the grocery store or dr appointments when they can't be virtual. We had almost 20,000 new cases last Wednesday I think it was. Pretty sure that's the most any state has reported.

Houston has been hit particularly hard I believe and El Paso was really bad and might still be.

#20993 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Yes he is, but no matter what i write down, it will be wrong in ol mates eyes.
So I thought stuff it, have a laugh at an Aussie bogan.
What is the old saying "there is at least two sides to every story"
But my side is a conspiracy

#20995 3 years ago
Quoted from GolfKill:

anything less than 100% might as well be 0 when it comes to getting rid of the virus which is why this wasn't over by June.

Can you cite your scientific data to support this claim? That 100% vaccination is the only way to eradicate this (or any) virus?

#20997 3 years ago

Russia comes clean about their stats and reveals 3 times as many people have died!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/28/russia-admits-to-world-third-worst-covid-19-death-toll-underreported

#20998 3 years ago

ha ha, another biased source, The Guardian. Cmon man.

#20999 3 years ago

I can only imagine India’s true death total.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 420 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/420?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.