272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 576.
#2051 4 years ago

... just avoid the cellar

#2052 4 years ago

DeSantis says New Yorkers are fleeing to Florida.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Got damnit!

No.

Please lock down the state. FML

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I’m sure they are. That’s why the virus will continue to spread.

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Here’s what a clear copy looks like.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/
It’s mice nuts on the chart. Let me know when Covad passes swine flu and I’ll be interested. They didn’t shut down the US for SARS
[quoted image]

Werent you also the one who said 'let me know when someone in the US dies' about a month (or 16,000 deaths ago)...

Update your visual. Its gone from 10,000 to 16,000 in the last 72 hours since you posted it.

You also realize that at one point the plague 'only' had 16,000 deaths attributed to it...right?

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Old people’s turn to go on spring break

#2057 4 years ago

Yeah I think I may head down. Sunshine, packed beaches, my elderly parents...sounds like a paradise!

Just saw this article about why touting “cures” that are unproven and unapproved for covid has serious unintended consequences. Let’s try to do this right, folks. Let the doctors and scientists tell us what works. Never has crossed my mind that this could be an issue but makes sense when you think about it.

I hope Costanza can get his Lupus medicine!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lifesaving-lupus-drug-short-supply-after-trump-touts-possible-coronavirus-n1166981

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

All the more reason to lock it down there, if true.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m going to put a slightly positive spin on the US vs Italy comparison but it’s been said that Italy is one of the oldest nations in the world.

Thats because they have high quality universal healthcare and meaning old people have had a lifetime of preventative care and dont have to choose between paying for food or their prescriptions.

#2060 4 years ago

Massachusetts is now under voluntary shelter in place orders. I gotta help close down my dealership for at least 2 weeks tomorrow. At noon everything non essential has the order to shut down.
First time in my 53 years I’ve ever been on unemployment assistance.

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Massachusetts is now under voluntary shelter in place orders. I gotta help close down my dealership for at least 2 weeks tomorrow. At noon everything non essential has the order to shut down.

Hang in there buddy. I’m really sorry to hear so many are losing work, it sucks. The faster we get rid of this thing the faster we can all go back to work.

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Werent you also the one who said 'let me know when someone in the US dies' about a month (or 16,000 deaths ago)...
Update your visual. Its gone from 10,000 to 16,000 in the last 72 hours since you posted it.
You also realize that at one point the plague 'only' had 16,000 deaths attributed to it...right?

Yes

#2063 4 years ago

So the new notion is to start sending people back to work in a few weeks, starting with those under 40. I hope that companies will at least make allowances for people with an elderly parent living with them.

Epidemiologists need to start modeling these proposals so they can estimate the # of additional deaths they will cause. Winging it is not a good idea at this point.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I think I may head down. Sunshine, packed beaches, my elderly parents...sounds like a paradise!
This just in; touting “cures” that are unproven and unapproved for covid has serious unintended consequences. Let’s try to do this right, folks. Let the doctors and scientists tell us what works.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lifesaving-lupus-drug-short-supply-after-trump-touts-possible-coronavirus-n1166981

You mean like the media causing mass hysteria and panic buying?

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hang in there buddy. I’m really sorry to hear so many are losing work, it sucks. The faster we get rid of this thing the faster we can all go back to work.

Thanks man. You’re in a potentially much more serious situation. Stay safe. We need you here!

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

You mean like the media causing mass hysteria and panic buying?

No, I don’t mean that.

Love the media. God bless them.

#2067 4 years ago

It seems panic buying has spread to Jamaica.
BCEF7B64-8E27-4658-89A9-508A5DD408A6 (resized).jpegBCEF7B64-8E27-4658-89A9-508A5DD408A6 (resized).jpeg

#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thanks man. You’re in a potentially much more serious situation. Stay safe. We need you here!

We gotta keep track of everybody who is getting fucked here and buy our cars / fences / dildos / whatever from pinsider businesses when we are open for business again.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This just in; touting “cures” that are unproven and unapproved for covid has serious unintended consequences. Let’s try to do this right, folks. Let the doctors and scientists tell us what works.

My wife’s boss said she has “a Christian friend who has a cure” but she can’t say what it is because “they” will come and shut her down. I hope it’s something harmless like holy water.

#2070 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, I don’t mean that.
Love the media. God bless them.

According to you, I am not a bright individual.

So please excuse me, but I can’t see the difference in panic buying a potentially beneficial medicine vs supplies based on media reports...its almost like you are promoting a double standard based on political beliefs.....

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know you want to politicize the fact that we are running sort. But who is really to blame since most our medicine comes from China. Just wait until more people chose it to save their lives.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/florida-man-with-coronavirus-says-drug-touted-by-trump-saved-his-life/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons&fbclid=IwAR232L0A7LdwHCdUPYpcFVRRIZdoUdVoktPrGft5rBBqNeCo0y0uqOnLBpI

#2072 4 years ago

I’m sure they are. That’s why the virus will continue to spread.

They are flocking to their second homes up here in Vermont. At the end of last week they made up for more than half of the cases in our state... I mean its too late now but that's how it spreads

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My wife’s boss said she has “a Christian friend who has a cure” but she can’t say what it is because “they” will come and shut her down. I hope it’s something harmless like holy water.

steps-to-becoming-a-preacher (resized).jpgsteps-to-becoming-a-preacher (resized).jpg

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

They are flocking to their second homes up here in Vermont. At the end of last week they made up for more than half of the cases in our state... I mean its too late now but that's how it spreads

Exactly.

#2075 4 years ago

According to you, I am not a bright individual....

This raises an interesting question; can you be moderated for insulting yourself?

#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This raises an interesting question; can you be moderated for insulting yourself?

I drink in moderation.

#2077 4 years ago

I drink in moderation.

I haven’t gotten drunk in a week.

I think I’m gonna but the woodford tonight.

#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He lives in New York and that seems where most of it is going.

From the article:

The Governor also announced that the state will begin to implement drug trials and has acquired 70,000 doses of Hydroxychloroquine, 10,000 doses of Zithromax and 750,000 doses of Chloroquine. The trials will start Tuesday.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-accepts-recommendation-army-corps-engineers-four

With this amount of infected getting this, we will see if it is snake oil or something we can use.

#2079 4 years ago

I drink in moderation.

I drink in my garage.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

He lives in New York and that seems where most of it is going.
From the article:
The Governor also announced that the state will begin to implement drug trials and has acquired 70,000 doses of Hydroxychloroquine, 10,000 doses of Zithromax and 750,000 doses of Chloroquine. The trials will start Tuesday.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-accepts-recommendation-army-corps-engineers-four
With this amount of infected getting this, we will see if it is snake oil or something we can use.

Here is one that worked. (in case you missed it)
https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/florida-man-with-coronavirus-says-drug-touted-by-trump-saved-his-life/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons&fbclid=IwAR0srbo1IrU0ThnMXl_jqiTiclO5w8qTB1ftA19FcFlhMYj9k05NbQ5loB4

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Throwing around the racist label to complete strangers for your own agenda is disgusting and provocative. Shameful actually.I refuse to throw labels at people, especially strangers, ever.

But it fits into his whole narrative that all the problems are either inherited or because of foreigners.....this is fascism 101, anyone who has been around can see that. The Virus and Viruses don't give 2 shits what we call them....they'll kill without prejudice.
Have a nice day!

#2082 4 years ago
IMG_20200323_174654 (resized).jpgIMG_20200323_174654 (resized).jpg
#2083 4 years ago

“....doctors believe the episodes he experienced were not a reaction to the medicine but his body fighting off the virus.”

I still hold out hope for clinical studies, this seems very promising.

#2084 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Here is one that worked. (in case you missed it)

Thanks, I read that from your earlier post. Now that I am sheltered, I have become a reading machine. I do believe that science will step up big time. The thread can be a good conduit of information. Not enough information on how effective this will be, but I am really hoping it helps, or at least flattens the curve enough until supplies can ramp up.

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

I believe the Dr in this thread, explained you have to take in small dose over a few days, otherwise it can be lethal.

#2086 4 years ago

So here in the great white north are shutting down the whole province of Ontario starting tomorrow at midnight for all but essential services. Then we find out that the beer, liquor and pot shops can stay open as I guess the government considers those essential. The country is going to hell in a hand cart with buffoons running things and no help worth much for any business or the people that will now have to live on 1/3 of what you usually make.They say two weeks but we all know its going to be way longer than that. Good luck to us all

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The Virus and Viruses don't give 2 shits what we call them....they'll kill without prejudice.

We didn’t call Ebola “the African virus”.
We didn’t call Mad Cow disease “the British virus”.
We don’t call measles “the European virus”.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I believe the Dr in this thread, explained you have to take in small dose over a few days, otherwise it can lethal.

Yup. An lethal overdose of any drug is fatal.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You mean German measles?

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

This.

It should go without saying that taking medical advice from a gameshow host is strongly inadvisable.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You're correct....who cares where it comes from....the next one could from FL. This whole mishandling of this epidemic is due to us or our leaderships (both parties), I say both parties because State and local governments could have acted on their own. but Instead our leaders concentrating on things that didn't need to be concentrated on......things like how it will affect the economy, their political rivals, their poll numbers, re-election hopes etc....etc.

Btw, Spanish Flu of the 1920's killed 50 Million people! it infected 75% of the globe. Funfact: Spanish Flu started on a pig farm in Texas

#2092 4 years ago

You mean German measles?

“ In 1814, George de Maton first suggested that it be considered a disease distinct from both measles and scarlet fever. All these physicians were German, and the disease was known as Rötheln (contemporary German Röteln), Rötlich means "redish" or "pink" in German. The fact that three Germans described it led to the common name of "German measles."

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Quoted from zaphX:

This.
It should go without saying that taking medical advice from a gameshow host is strongly inadvisable.

Key words:
SELF-MEDICATED.
That would probably be strongly inadvisable.

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You're correct....who cares where it comes from....the next one could from FL. This whole mishandling of this epidemic is due to us or our leaderships (both parties), I say both parties because State and local governments could have acted on their own. but Instead our leaders concentrating on things that didn't need to be concentrated on......things like how it will affect the economy, their political rivals, their poll numbers, re-election hopes etc....etc.
Btw, Spanish Flu of the 1920's killed 50 Million people! it infected 75% of the globe. Funfact: Spanish Flu started on a pig farm in Texas

This is arguable.

Some say Kansas.

Some say Gina.

Interesting you say Texas. Can you provide sources?

#2095 4 years ago

Gangs in the Rio de Janeiro favelas have enforced a lockdown from 8pm tonight. The statement reads: "If the government won't do the right thing, organised crime will"
https://twitter.com/AndrewCesare/status/1242174265547468803?s=20

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

This is arguable.
Some say Kansas.
Some say Gina.

I think it was first reported in Kansas but IIRC it was traced to a pig farm in Texas. I'll double check.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

So here in the great white north are shutting down the whole province of Ontario starting tomorrow at midnight for all but essential services. Then we find out that the beer, liquor and pot shops can stay open as I guess the government considers those essential. The country is going to hell in a hand cart with buffoons running things and no help worth much for any business or the people that will now have to live on 1/3 of what you usually make.They say two weeks but we all know its going to be way longer than that. Good luck to us all

I believe the reason they are leaving the Liquor and drugs open is because too many are addicted and if these were to close it would cause a hell of a lot of strain on the medical system not to mention the possible crime that could follow.

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Funfact: Spanish Flu started on a pig farm in Texas

Fun fact, your the second person in 24 hours to claim a FACT of where the Spanish Flu originated from. The other person said it was a fact that it originated from Kansas. When in FACT no one really knows and there many different hypothesis on where it originated.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/34#post-5545824

Quoted from FYMF:

This is arguable.
Some say Kansas.
Some say Gina.

Just go back to my post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/34#post-5545824

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Fun fact, your the second person in 24 hours to claim a FACT of where the Spanish Flu originated from. The other person said it was a fact that it originated from Kansas. When in FACT no one really knows and there many different hypothesis on where it originated.

Just go back to my post.

Lol, thanks for validating my earlier point...you concentrate on that.

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I was talking with a repair man on the western coast of florida today and he said people that own second properties in Florida are scrambling to have door/window repairs before they leave to get away from the virus. I guess that exodus from Florida could be dependent on whether people’s Florida property is a condo where many people are touching everything or a single family home.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.