272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 576.
#20450 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

damn near everyone is an essential worker.

Can’t argue that when lots of people prefer food clothing and shelter. If govt isn’t giving out the money people will be wanting to work.

#20451 3 years ago

Anyone want to join a Covid vaccine trial? Make an extra $740? If you are anti-vax, there is a 50% chance you will be in the placebo group!

https://covid19.clinicalresearch.com/?utm_source=IQVIAmedia&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=23845336423490670&utm_content=23846047585760670&atid=JANUSENMF0000621&fbclid=IwAR0PRSfyFMJqJOgjTfPBwmDFsIpII5Ox1FBVREMeP0RmLKEIG4Z8YaKV2bc#!/

FYI - No idea if legit or not. Just saw it on FB and went to the site to check it out. Surprisingly light on information.

#20452 3 years ago

The problem is that we never actually did what was required to contain the virus back in February, March and April. We should have done an ACTUAL lockdown with ACTUAL enforcement of the rules and had cohesive leadership that expressed to the public why it was so important to do so. Had we done that, we likely would have been able to reopen much of the economy months ago with a minimal, controllable rise in cases. Instead, we have people who are sick of being "locked down" (even though they never actually were) and there is zero chance that the public would go along with the needed measures now anyway. In addition we have a full 30% of the population that has bought into various conspiracy theories or are just parroting what their supreme leader says or does.

In short, we're screwed.

Of course, the very same people who are screaming about how we need to reopen the economy are the people who are not wearing masks, going to bars, having parties or whatever. Probably will be the same people who will refuse to take a vaccine as well because it has a "deep state tracking chip" in it or some other nonsense. It seems beyond their comprehension to understand that it is their own behavior that is driving infections and thus preventing the country from fully reopening. It's maddening.

#20453 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

We have out fair share of idiots here. My friend just texted me that this bbq restaurant owner was arrested today after 4 days of opening to customers against orders.

What's the stupid part for this guy is his restaurant(s) - he has multiple locations - were making bank from takeout and delivery. This was all a stunt.

Also he's a rich asshole whose father owns the building his restaurant is in, and on top of that, he doesn't have a business license.

#20454 3 years ago

I must have been mis-informed ( not a surprise-happens all the time). I was under the impression that the CDC said it would take care of covid related medical problems.

The boss ( owns. small business) of a friend caught the Covid, spent some days in the hospital and has would up with a hellacious medical bill so I am being told.

My question: Who is paying for your bad fortune if you spend some time in ICU on a ventilator with round the clock care? And who is paying the hospital bill if you die?

#20455 3 years ago

Why has no one come up with an accurate, rapid test? It's still impossible to know where we're actually at without a baseline to start from. If everyone could test themselves every morning before going anywhere it might be one way to slow it down. Not sure what that would cost.

#20456 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201127-235526~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201127-235526~2 (resized).png
#20457 3 years ago

Way out in western Kansas where you see open sky for miles and miles. Covid is getting around.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/us/rural-america-covid-norton-kansas/index.html

" I think early on people just thought, 'Well, we're either going to get it or we're not going to get it,' or 'I'm not ever going to wear a mask,'" Benien said."

" For Norton County, home to less than 6,000 people -- a community of ranchers and farmers, as the locals say -- the coronavirus was nothing but a nuisance for months after the pandemic's start."

" In most places -- with the exception of a local hospital, a clinic and a pharmacy, Meyer says -- masks weren't required. When the governor issued an executive order in early July requiring masks in public places, the county opted out of a mandate."

" A day before the order went into effect, Norton's police chief announced on Facebook officers would not be enforcing it."

"An oasis in the desert, where we can do what we want... because this is still America and we still have our freedoms and we don't like to give them up much," he says."

" Five days later, the home announced its first positive resident. By mid-October, Andbe Home had a "full COVID outbreak," Mapes said on Facebook.
Every single one of the 61 residents in the home tested positive for the virus. At least 21 have since died of Covid-19, according to Mapes."
==========================================

I liked this part:

" In a nearby prison facility, another crisis at the same time: The virus, likely seeping into the facility through a staff member, according to a corrections department spokesman, was spreading like wildfire, infecting hundreds of inmates in just a matter of weeks. "

#20458 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

That's a big issue here with our govt. only funding certain layoffs and businesses. They also have a fine print clause that if you take their money they own a percentage of your business.

Do you have a source for this? Which government owns a percentage of my business?

#20460 3 years ago
me (resized).pngme (resized).png
#20461 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201128-235204~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201128-235204~2 (resized).png
#20462 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Do you have a source for this? Which government owns a percentage of my business?

As far as I know, this is just a conspiracy. My buddy said this to me like 2 weeks ago. The government will try to introduce universal basic income, but in return they will take your property. So you won’t be able to ever own property again.

I asked my friend, who’s parents live mortgage free and are well off. Do you think your parents would give away their house, that’s paid for, for a little bit more money then their Canadian Pension Plan?

I never found any proof, he never sent proof, there is no proof (afaik) its all just conspiracy

#20463 3 years ago

Covid update, Day 13. No fever for 5 days now. Still feel like crap: tired, sore and low energy. Two days ago however, I felt fine. A doc told me that it's a rollercoaster disease = one day you may feel horrible, then the next day, fine, then horrible again...That's been the worst part of it for me.

I did go to the ER 4 days ago, because I felt like I was not breathing normally. After all day in the ER, they turned me loose. CT scan did show some stuff in my lungs, but not enough for them to be concerned about. My wife is still in the hospital, but off of oxygen now and one day left of Remdisivir and steroids. That has really improved her condition and she hopes to be discharged on Tuesday.

I can't wait for the day that we can all hit the "drain this topic" button.

#20464 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201129-150307~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201129-150307~3 (resized).png
#20465 3 years ago

I've seen some reddit/internet posts that claim some frontline workers in the UK may be scheduled for the vaccine as early as December 7th, and frontline health workers in the US might be starting to get the vaccine around December 12th.

#20466 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Covid update, Day 13. No fever for 5 days now. Still feel like crap: tired, sore and low energy. Two days ago however, I felt fine. A doc told me that it's a rollercoaster disease = one day you may feel horrible, then the next day, fine, then horrible again...That's been the worst part of it for me.
I did go to the ER 4 days ago, because I felt like I was not breathing normally. After all day in the ER, they turned me loose. CT scan did show some stuff in my lungs, but not enough for them to be concerned about. My wife is still in the hospital, but off of oxygen now and one day left of Remdisivir and steroids. That has really improved her condition and she hopes to be discharged on Tuesday.
I can't wait for the day that we can all hit the "drain this topic" button.

Can you confirm whether or not you will be out any money for the hospital/doctor care you received?

#20467 3 years ago

Geesh, so our new DAILY case count here in PA is now over 8,000.
We have 100x the number of people in hospital than we had in late September (now 4,200+ as of yesterday).
Ventilator use has rapidly increased.
Our case numbers have skyrocketed.

With all that, apparently my election fraud/anti-mask/anti-restrictions state senator had to learn about COVID the hard way.
(One has to wonder, how many other people have "learned" about COVID-19 from him??).
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/11/29/pennsylvania-state-senator-gets-positive-covid-19-test-at-president-donald-trump-meeting-ap-source/

Sometimes Karma, she can hurt real bad.

#20468 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The problem is that we never actually did what was required to contain the virus back in February, March and April. We should have done an ACTUAL lockdown with ACTUAL enforcement of the rules and had cohesive leadership that expressed to the public why it was so important to do so. Had we done that, we likely would have been able to reopen much of the economy months ago with a minimal, controllable rise in cases. Instead, we have people who are sick of being "locked down" (even though they never actually were) and there is zero chance that the public would go along with the needed measures now anyway. In addition we have a full 30% of the population that has bought into various conspiracy theories or are just parroting what their supreme leader says or does.
In short, we're screwed.
Of course, the very same people who are screaming about how we need to reopen the economy are the people who are not wearing masks, going to bars, having parties or whatever. Probably will be the same people who will refuse to take a vaccine as well because it has a "deep state tracking chip" in it or some other nonsense. It seems beyond their comprehension to understand that it is their own behavior that is driving infections and thus preventing the country from fully reopening. It's maddening.

The facts are that there is far more negative issues attached to a shutdown then covid itself, you should look up the stats of suicide/depression/alcohol/drug abuse in the areas with a shutdown. A fast tracked vaccine has it’s own possible set of complications and I don’t mean science fiction, maybe look up some of the facts attached to that subject as well.

#20469 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

That's a big issue here with our govt. only funding certain layoffs and businesses. They also have a fine print clause that if you take their money they own a percentage of your business. Public sector workers are the ones who want the lockdowns the most because they still get paid no matter what. The hardest hit are the lower income hospitality workers etc. The handouts are 2/3 of what wages would be so 500$ from 1500$ is a lot more to that lower income worker than 2000$ from a 6000$ earner. So pay everyone their normal pay and lock it down.

Can you show this “small print clause” ?

#20471 3 years ago

How well do average people identify a "straw-man" argument ...

#20472 3 years ago

Moderna's vaccine is 94.1% effective at preventing Covid-19 and 100% effective at preventing severe cases of the disease. I've not read/heard of the 2nd part of the statement. Freaking fantastic news.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/health/moderna-vaccine-fda-eua-application/index.html

#20473 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Moderna's vaccine is 94.1% effective at preventing Covid-19 and 100% effective at preventing severe cases of the disease. I've not read/heard of the 2nd part of the statement. Freaking fantastic news.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/health/moderna-vaccine-fda-eua-application/index.html

The primary negative at this point looks to be logistics...and yet again the feds are punting it to the states to figure out.

States get x amount of vaccine based on population delivered. That’s the extent of planned fed involvement. So 50+ logistic solutions need to be created and implemented and tested in next few weeks. What could go wrong?

#20475 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

The facts are that there is far more negative issues attached to a shutdown then covid itself, you should look up the stats of suicide/depression/alcohol/drug abuse in the areas with a shutdown. A fast tracked vaccine has it’s own possible set of complications and I don’t mean science fiction, maybe look up some of the facts attached to that subject as well.

NZ and Australia have had some of the strictest lockdowns and AFAIK there has not been a significant suicide increase. I'm not sure if drinking has gone up or if it's just the people who used to drink at bars are drinking more at home now so there's more bottles in peoples trash cans than usual which makes it appear as those drinking is up.

I also wouldn't consider depression to be "worse" than being permanently maimed from covid or even death.

If you've got some evidence to prove there has been a significant uptick in suicides that out weigh the number of deaths from covid please present it. Even if there is an uptick I seriously doubt it would be high enough to surpass the amount of lives that could have been potentially saved from a lockdown. We're approaching our highest daily death count in the US to date. I expect us to pass 3,000 dead a day pretty soon. I just don't see over 3,000 people a day committing suicide.

I personally prefer to take my health advice from the medical community who are overwhelmingly saying that more restrictions are needed rather than politicians who's only goal is to self serve to get re-elected. If there was as much risk/damage as you're saying lockdowns cause I'm pretty sure the medical community would be the ones to know first and adjust their viewpoints.

#20476 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Maybe if you are going to bother to post here(and to specifically challenge a consistently, sensible longterm poster) you could look up some facts YOURSELF and include it in your post. You know...to legitimize your claim. If not...you could go peddle your "Sci-Fi" on Parler. They aren't as interested in facts there.

I do find it somewhat ironic that suddenly the "bootstrap" crowd are concerned with mental health and substance abuse.

#20477 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Yes, this is the usual response. Of course there are negative effects of lockdowns. Notice I didn’t advocate for further nationwide lockdowns in my post. My point was that the “lockdown” that the US had wasn’t a lockdown at all. It was a lukewarm, politically safe sham of a lockdown that allowed the coronavirus to continue to spread and smolder instead of really getting it under control.

This idea that people being depressed, losing their job or drinking more because of a lockdown is somehow worse than someone dying is ridiculous though, clearly death is a worse outcome than depression, alcohol abuse or unemployment. Those things are all terrible and we need to deal with them as best we can but none of them are death. Usually when people say this they mean their depression or unemployment is more important to them than someone else’s death.

Unless you’re prepared to show 250,000 deaths in the US from suicide attributed directly to COVID shutdowns I don’t think your argument is going to get very far.

#20478 3 years ago

This tracks with what many of my family and friends have experienced across multiple clinics.

The amount of red ink is truly astounding.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/primary-care-offices-struggling-survive-during-covid-19-n1249017

#20480 3 years ago

Yes, this is the usual response. Of course there are negative effects of lockdowns. Notice I didn’t advocate for further nationwide lockdowns in my post. My point was that the “lockdown” that the US had wasn’t a lockdown at all. It was a lukewarm, politically safe sham of a lockdown that allowed the coronavirus to continue to spread and smolder instead of really getting it under control.
This idea that people being depressed, losing their job or drinking more because of a lockdown is somehow worse than someone dying is ridiculous though, clearly death is a worse outcome than depression, alcohol abuse or unemployment. Those things are all terrible and we need to deal with them as best we can but none of them are death. Usually when people say this they mean their depression or unemployment is more important to them than someone else’s death.
Unless you’re prepared to show 250,000 deaths in the US from suicide attributed directly to COVID shutdowns I don’t think your argument is going to get very far.

To close down an entire economy the size of the US for a virus that has an over 99% survival rate is pure insanity, I’m sure that the ones in support of this are either well off or more than happy to collect a govt handout while they sit on their ass. A proper response imo is take care of the ones that are most at risk and let the rest of us provide for our families and keep the economy running so there is an actual life worth living when this is over..... bring on the thumbs down but I’m just stating my opinion....

#20481 3 years ago

What is this story with infected minks coming back to life after a cull death?

#20482 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

To close down an entire economy the size of the US for a virus that has an over 99% survival rate is pure insanity, I’m sure that the ones in support of this are either well off or more than happy to collect a govt handout while they sit on their ass. A proper response imo is take care of the ones that are most at risk and let the rest of us provide for our families and keep the economy running so there is an actual life worth living when this is over..... bring on the thumbs down but I’m just stating my opinion....

Let me translate this for you into actual numbers and see whether your opinion changes:

350,000,000 US citizens x 70% infection rate in an uncontrolled spread (this is what it would take to get to herd immunity) = 245,000,000 cases.
Current best guess mortality rate is around 0.5% so 245 million cases x 0.5% mortality = 1,225,000 deaths.

So, your statement would then say: "To close down an entire economy the size of the US to save 1.2 million lives is pure insanity..."

Still feel that way?

#20483 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

They didn't come back to life. They buried them too shallow (3 feet) and the bloating of the carcasses caused them to make their way up through the soil and appear back on the surface of the ground. They reburied them at the standard 6 feet.

#20484 3 years ago

Eagles need to sign that dude on the sideline who caught the ball...

#20485 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The minks were buried in a hurry in shallow graves (ditches ). Dead bodies produce gas, the bodies expand and the minks are pushing to the top. I just read that they are going out be dug up and be reburied.

#20486 3 years ago

Let me translate this for you into actual numbers and see whether your opinion changes:
350,000,000 US citizens x 70% infection rate in an uncontrolled spread (this is what it would take to get to herd immunity) = 245,000,000 cases.
Current best guess mortality rate is around 0.5% so 245 million cases x 0.5% mortality = 1,225,000 deaths.
So, your statement would then say: "To close down an entire economy the size of the US to save 1.2 million lives is pure insanity..."
Still feel that way?

Yep, these “stats” do not change my mind in the slightest..... like I said, focus on the highest ones at risk and allow the others to keep the country running. I suspect you’d want a full lock down so how would you address the issues attached to that?

#20487 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

We haven't had a shutdown yet in the U.S. Most businesses have remained open, they are barely surviving because people are trying to be safe and avoid getting sick, so people are shopping more online and not eating and drinking out. Our economy won't recover until we beat the virus and people feel safe again.

#20488 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Eagles need to sign that dude on the sideline who caught the ball...

Ha ha ha, this is the coronavirus thread, I think you meant to post in the nfl thread.

#20489 3 years ago

Wait, so the dead are 'rising' from the grave?
So 2020 DID have everything.

#20490 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

We shut down in NZ and AU. Guess we had a bad response by your logic. At least I am able to do my part now by going to bars, restaurants, concerts and sporting events. I am not supporting the mask manufacturers though.

#20491 3 years ago

Still feel that way?

Virus spreading that fast would overwhelm the health system and increase the death rate from inability to provide care. People dying in hallways.

Also no one ever, ever, ever has said to close 100% of the economy, everywhere, until the vaccine is here. It's a straw man argument so people can push herd immunity, magical thinking, denial, buyers remorse or whatever.

That being said, the shutdowns have hurt certain people's finances, careers, and businesses in ways they may never fully recover from. The government should absolutely provide more support for those who have been financially impacted.

#20492 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Yep, these “stats” do not change my mind in the slightest..... like I said, focus on the highest ones at risk and allow the others to keep the country running. I suspect you’d want a full lock down so how would you address the issues attached to that?

You suspect wrong and I guess if you think your job is more important than 1.2 million lives we are just gonna have to disagree.

#20493 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

We shut down in NZ and AU. Guess we had a bad response by your logic. At least I am able to do my part now by going to bars, restaurants, concerts and sporting events. I am not supporting the mask manufacturers though.

See, this is what Americans don't want to seem to acknowledge. If we actually had shut things down instead of half-assing everything, businesses would be thriving again because people would feel safe enough to be out in public.

#20494 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Wait, so the dead are 'rising' from the grave?
So 2020 DID have everything.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/25/culled-mink-rise-from-the-dead-denmark-coronavirus

" Dead mink are rising from their graves in Denmark after a rushed cull over fears of a coronavirus mutation led to thousands being slaughtered and buried in shallow pits – from which some are now emerging."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55101058

17 millón mink were buried close to a source of drinking water.

Sounds like a a real cluster developing.

#20495 3 years ago

You suspect wrong and I guess if you think your job is more important than 1.2 million lives we are just gonna have to disagree.

Youre going from 1 extreme to another to lock your point, I cant help you see that its not as black and white as youre trying to portray. Good luck to you and be safe.

#20496 3 years ago

People who have passed from other causes and test positive to the beer virus are included in this count. Ridiculous.
I have an auto immune problem and I take responsibility and self isolate or take extra precautions, NOT everyone else.
The world has to keep turning, maybe it is to do with " the big reset"?
Lockdown is inhumane and selfish IMO.

#20497 3 years ago

OK, I try to keep things light and try to be positive, but enough is enough! People are dying by the thousands on a daily bases and people still want to debate masks???? Or a lock down??? (like we ever had one here in the US) We have a board certified Doctor here graciously answering our questions about this pandemic and people still want to puff out there chest and dispute fact! ENOUGH! We are losing this battle in the United States because of people that don't understand or just refuse to believe this is real. I have been chastised by family and friends for doing what I believe is correct and safe in this pandemic, and I am about done being nice! It's really sad, but people fight with me about wearing a mask(just to be clear, I do) I am starting to want to say " I hope you die" That's wrong but I am sick of this!

Vaccine, can't come soon enough!!! But here is the next battle. The same people that won't wear a mask or don't believe this is real won't get it, plus this opens up another group of people that don't believe in being vaccinated!

My co-worker today... I can't wait for a vaccine, then I won't have to deal with this anymore!

Me.... you do realize even if you get the vaccine you can still spread this thing, masks and restrictions are not going away anytime soon? Vaccine just means your system can handle it better?

Co-worker.... really? But I will be safe right?

Yoda.. that is why you fail!

Sorry for the rant, been a long day and a bad holiday weekend! There may have been alcohol involved it the making of this post!

#20498 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

https://10play.com.au/theproject/news/2020/victorias-covid-journey/tpv201127favrc
This is a good video that shows the timeline and what happened in Victoria .

Omg, you really believe that nonsense man??

That drama show is so full of "woke" crap and lies, I feel sorry for you mate

Cancel culture, fake news, and all this kind of rubbish... it isn't good for people to be eating that ****!.

#20499 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

There's only 2 options, complete lockdown/shut-in like Australia or try and ride it out until vaccine and herd immunity squash it out like a fire with no fuel left. Both options lead to deaths in the thousands if not hundreds of thousands. The collateral damage from complete lockdowns is tough to calculate and our head health official won't put a number to it. What's the lesser of 2 bad choices?

There is only one evident option now after 6 months+ of data, and only a hanful of countries smart and fearless enough to do it. Sadly we are not one of them. Alot of valuable information being kept out of view, and scientists "dying" mysteriously, and that.

Too much relevant an valid information is ignored by "the news", as well.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 410 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/410 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.