272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 576.
#20200 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Brother Scream ...please don’t go to the movies.

Well it's not like they're going to be packed - currently there is a limit of 20 people per movie

#20201 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

In my state Victoria .
We were just like you , we had a handful of cases and then it kept growing and growing until we had 20,000 cases and over 700 cases a day .
The other states still have their borders shut to us .
It did take a few months of lockdown but now we've had 14 days in a row of 0 cases and I'm off to the movies tomorrow .

I reckon the roads out of Melb will be busy this weekend.

One week to go for the NSW border to open (haven't seen my mother all year) and SA border opens on the 1st Dec.

#20202 3 years ago

So it's been almost a year and there's STILL a shortage of the GOOD masks to the point where Amazon won't sell them to you unless you are a hospital or similar. Why haven't we stepped up production of these to the point where everyone can have them by now?

#20203 3 years ago

Last couple of days have 10%+ day over day increases. If you take the past 10 days and project forward, almost everyone gets it by the end of winter. The US's first day over 100K was 11/4; I'll predict right now that it'll be 2 weeks or less for us to double that to 200K.

#20204 3 years ago

Well I just learned that everybody gets the vaccine except New York lolololoL

Any chance we can just end this clown show
A couple months early?

Please?

#20205 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I mean, what’s even IN theatres right now?

Oaken - I just checked and there are a LOT of choices:

The Covid Strikes Back

Night of the Living Covid

Dr. Atlaslove or: How I stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Covid

When Harry Met Sally on Zoom

Lot of Covid on the Prairie

Ferris Bueller's Year Off

Planes, Trains, and Covid

It Was a Wonderful Life

The Texas Covid Massacre

All The President's Men Have Covid

Groundhog Day (works fine as is imo)

#20206 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I mean, what’s even IN theatres right now?

Contagion?

#20207 3 years ago
Quoted from GolfKill:

So it's been almost a year and there's STILL a shortage of the GOOD masks to the point where Amazon won't sell them to you unless you are a hospital or similar. Why haven't we stepped up production of these to the point where everyone can have them by now?

It was determined NOT to use the Defense Production Act for Masks. It was decided to leave it to the Free market.
Jared is in charge.

#20208 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Brother Scream ...please don’t go to the movies.

Thanks brother bacon
Things are so much better here now .
There's only about 3 active cases in the state and we haven't had any new ones for over 2 weeks .
There was about 8 people in the cinema and I saw about another 5 in the whole Cinema Complex .
Finally got to see the new Bill and Ted movie , was pretty good , a bit of silly fun .
All the shops were open except for the arcade

#20209 3 years ago

This is like a nightmare you can’t wake up from.

2E75BFAD-1B89-47C2-B809-27950040FD19 (resized).jpeg2E75BFAD-1B89-47C2-B809-27950040FD19 (resized).jpeg
#20210 3 years ago

I almost had to go get covid tested again after seeing this. I wasn't sure if I was delirious.

Screenshot_20201114-093048~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201114-093048~2 (resized).png
#20211 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Conservative state Governors are mostly making it a political issue and refuse to make mask mandates in their states, so currently they have exploding infection rates. I'm not sure what strategy they have going on right now, because their hospitals are about to overflow with dying people. They haven't planned for so many people and they haven't planned with masks and PPE to prevent the spread, it seems like really bad governing that we result in a lot of needless deaths.

Michigan has had a mask mandate since March and our numbers are still skyrocketing.

#20212 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Oaken - I just checked and there are a LOT of choices:
The Covid Strikes Back
Night of the Living Covid
Dr. Atlaslove or: How I stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Covid
When Harry Met Sally on Zoom
Lot of Covid on the Prairie
Ferris Bueller's Year Off
Planes, Trains, and Covid
It Was a Wonderful Life
The Texas Covid Massacre
All The President's Men Have Covid
Groundhog Day (works fine as is imo)

How about The Andromeda Covid Strain .

#20213 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Michigan has had a mask mandate since March and our numbers are still skyrocketing.

As I mentioned in another thread, here in MN, the age group with the largest percentage of cases is 18-35 and the largest percentage of cases come from bars and restaurants (where you probably won't be wearing a mask).

And from MN's Department of Health, "Research has shown that use of face coverings can greatly reduce the risk of infection when combined with other prevention efforts such as social distancing and hand hygiene."

#20214 3 years ago

I saw this post and thought I would share it. Lol/col

Screenshot_20201114-113738~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201114-113738~2 (resized).png
#20215 3 years ago

Utah has finally issued a statewide mask mandate as of last week. We have a population of 4 million and have been testing positive at over 23% and rising...some would say this is due to the mandatory testing of university students that has gone into effect with the mandate but as hospital stays and deaths are on the rise, it would seem more likely Halloween is the likely culprit ....there was a party near Brigham Young University with an estimated 10k people in attendance ...that was just one party.
As a Smurf living in a very red state I have always been at odds with the prevailing Myth based government and never understood how a state so well educated could be so blind to science and reality.
My conclusion is that it must be people just lack the "in your face" news of the effects and realities of this disease like we saw in NY last spring ....like the Vietnam war people need to see the body bags , so to speak.....
With that said, here is a pretty good and informative article in our local paper about the picture here in Utah hospitals

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/11/14/who-is-utahs-hospitals/

#20216 3 years ago

Masks are one part of the equation.

Another part is not doing stupid stuff like this:

Parents throw homecoming dance after school cancels. Multiple students now testing positive. it’s considered a likely super spreader event.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article247141799.html

#20217 3 years ago

Came across this stream, and I gotta say it frustrated me. Numbers are at an all time high, but here's the "Super spreader" pin tourney. Several people not wearing masks, and the hosts of the stream making fun of mask wearing.

Come on pinheads, we can do better.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20218 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well I just learned that everybody gets the vaccine except New York lolololoL
Any chance we can just end this clown show
A couple months early?
Please?

at least we know we can count on your clown show to continue on pinside.

#20219 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Utah has finally issued a statewide mask mandate as of last week. We have a population of 4 million and have been testing positive at over 23% and rising...some would say this is due to the mandatory testing of university students that has gone into effect with the mandate but as hospital stays and deaths are on the rise, it would seem more likely Halloween is the likely culprit ....there was a party near Brigham Young University with an estimated 10k people in attendance ...that was just one party.
As a Smurf living in a very red state I have always been at odds with the prevailing Myth based government and never understood how a state so well educated could be so blind to science and reality.
My conclusion is that it must be people just lack the "in your face" news of the effects and realities of this disease like we saw in NY last spring ....like the Vietnam war people need to see the body bags , so to speak.....
With that said, here is a pretty good and informative article in our local paper about the picture here in Utah hospitals
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/11/14/who-is-utahs-hospitals/

Super article, thank you for sharing.

#20220 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks brother bacon
Things are so much better here now .
There's only about 3 active cases in the state and we haven't had any new ones for over 2 weeks .
There was about 8 people in the cinema and I saw about another 5 in the whole Cinema Complex .
Finally got to see the new Bill and Ted movie , was pretty good , a bit of silly fun .
All the shops were open except for the arcade

I'm with ya brother

Hope everyone stays safe and we can this thing under control

Roo (resized).jpgRoo (resized).jpg

#20221 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Came across this stream, and I gotta say it frustrated me. Numbers are at an all time high, but here's the "Super spreader" pin tourney. Several people not wearing masks, and the hosts of the stream making fun of mask wearing.
Come on pinheads, we can do better.
[quoted image]

Oh. That place is right down the road from my house, but I did not know it existed and had pinball. I would not go anyway because of the virus but maybe if a vaccine is successful and the place survives I would consider visiting then.

https://www.twitch.tv/akmpinball

https://msbrewing.com/

#20222 3 years ago

Mapping out perception hey...

Some interesting observations about learning... and negativity.

*at least the last 2 minutes if time is short.

#20223 3 years ago

German government has a GREAT COVID-19 commercial for their new campaign (sorry, couldn't embed, there's not a youtube version yet):

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1327718075370786816

#20224 3 years ago

Mandates only work if the people follow them, here in Illinois they recently closed down indoor dining again. Every bar/restaurant in my town has defied the order and it’s pretty much the same in every other town in the area, especially the mom and pop joints. Enforcement is virtually impossible, local leaders/mayors have come out and said that it’s not their job to enforce. Stricter lockdown measures are more than likely coming Monday, which won’t go over well. It is and always will be about the people.

#20225 3 years ago

Now recovered people are claimed to retain the virus at trace levels. Sounding like low load levels can return a negative test result, but virus still there all the same?

As well, symbiosis shown as an outcome too in Israel now, it is done there as far as they're concerned, by the seems. Not restricting it, except for medical services overload (which passed), appears to be the recommended course of action by this fellow and his peers. Also it seems to be what they are doing there, they have kinda changed their thinking a bit.

Depends on individual perceptions I suppose... but things are not always as they may seem.

#20226 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Mandates only work if the people follow them, here in Illinois they recently closed down indoor dining again. Every bar/restaurant in my town has defied the order and it’s pretty much the same in every other town in the area, especially the mom and pop joints. Enforcement is virtually impossible, local leaders/mayors have come out and said that it’s not their job to enforce. Stricter lockdown measures are more than likely coming Monday, which won’t go over well. It is and always will be about the people.

Once the state sends enforcement to start pulling liquor licenses permanently, the word will get around, at which point I would expect compliance to rise dramatically. Resisting the measures to get a handle on this is as dumb and selfish as it gets. The penalties will get more real-world for those that think their beliefs are stronger than science.

#20227 3 years ago

I can’t link this one. Apologies.

Just read that the vaccine that Pfizer is working on, the vaccine that needs to be stored at -103 degrees needs to be administered in two doses.

The kicker is that the two doses need to be administered 3 weeks apart, which means two trips to whatever shop is doing the work.

2 doses. 3 weeks. Some may say this sounds like a plan, be for me the word “cluster——“ keeps ringing in my head.

And in other news, the hospitals are filling up fast.

#20228 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Once the state sends enforcement to start pulling liquor licenses permanently, the word will get around, at which point I would expect compliance to rise dramatically. Resisting the measures to get a handle on this is as dumb and selfish as it gets. The penalties will get more real-world for those that think their beliefs are stronger than science.

Again the problem is with enforcement, if the local and county authorities won’t enforce, which is what’s happening, there’s no way the state has enough man power to do it. They’ve already pulled some liquor licenses and these places are still open and serving.
And Illinois is one of the bluest states in the country, so I could only imagine a mandate on a national level would go over like a Led Zeppelin. Cmon Stern make it happen!

#20229 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Mapping out perception hey...

Some interesting observations about learning... and negativity.
*at least the last 2 minutes if time is short.

Jordan Peterson is a great speaker, thanks for that vid. I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Think about all the people who think wearing a mask takes away their freedom. Just imagine how mad and irate they will be if real enforcement is applied to them. Especially if it’s by a new government they don’t support. Plus more guns then people.

I’m scared right now, and it’s not just from a virus.

#20230 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem with this is, these people who own the restaurants have nothing to lose. They obey shut down orders they’ll have to close anyways.

#20231 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Jordan Peterson is a great speaker, thanks for that vid. I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

Think about all the people who think wearing a mask takes away their freedom. Just imagine how mad and irate they will be if real enforcement is applied to them. Especially if it’s by a new government they don’t support. Plus more guns then people.

It's almost comical how a few basic realities of life get some people in here a bit antsy and negative when you bring them up. Too important though really for people to keep not taking reasonable questions seriously in such a way.

This virus is the least of problems right now... waaay scarier stuff going on.

Perception is very variable though of course, individual, and doesn't always align with reality for everybody.

I guess there's a reason most, except a few sorts, have basically dissapeared from what's now become an echo box. Mostly the same handfull shouting down reason, so naturally reason moves on and leaves the chamber, again.

#20232 3 years ago

Ewwww

Even in normal times, ewwwww

665E586A-1056-44B9-8CE8-64C042F76493 (resized).jpeg665E586A-1056-44B9-8CE8-64C042F76493 (resized).jpeg
#20235 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

at least we know we can count on your clown show to continue on pinside.

You live in New York, don’t you?

I guess you think it’s funny that people who will have nothing to do with distributing the vaccine in a few months are threatening to keep you and your family from getting the vaccine because of petty grudges?

It’s no joke to me. You and me gotta stick together. New York strong baby!!!! We gotta get this vaccine going so you and I can hang out.

#20236 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Again the problem is with enforcement, if the local and county authorities won’t enforce, which is what’s happening, there’s no way the state has enough man power to do it. They’ve already pulled some liquor licenses and these places are still open and serving.
And Illinois is one of the bluest states in the country, so I could only imagine a mandate on a national level would go over like a Led Zeppelin. Cmon Stern make it happen!

Well, CA is sending state enforcement around to get around lack of cooperation from local law enforcement (we have that here, too in the red north of CA). They've been through our town a few times. If the place is obstinate and the liquor license pull doesn't stop them, health just closes them down. Yeah, it sucks, but there isn't a CHOICE. The virus has to be stopped, and these outlaws and their followers looking out for themselves aren't helping.

#20237 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Meh. We'll get through it. It's about to get a lot more painful, but we'll get through it.

#20238 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can’t link this one. Apologies.
Just read that the vaccine that Pfizer is working on, the vaccine that needs to be stored at -103 degrees needs to be administered in two doses.
The kicker is that the two doses need to be administered 3 weeks apart, which means two trips to whatever shop is doing the work.
2 doses. 3 weeks. Some may say this sounds like a plan, be for me the word “cluster——“ keeps ringing in my head.
And in other news, the hospitals are filling up fast.

Needing 2 doses several weeks apart is common with some vaccinations based on the way they work. This vaccine exhibits characteristics of the covid virus and your body will produce the required antibodies when you have the first vaccinations shot but once you've "recovered" your body will stop producing those antibodies. By having the 2nd dose (and with some vaccinations a 3rd shot) your body detects that you are continually being attacked by this particular virus and so will change to continually producing the antibodies. Some vaccines will also need a 10 year booster to ensure that the body continues to produce the antibody.

So once your body starts producing the antibody from the first vaccination shot, you'll have protection

#20239 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Australia has only been held back by the bad management of good old Vic.

Well...now you can show us how it's done.

#20240 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

This virus is the least of problems right now... waaay scarier stuff going on.

Really? Such as?

#20241 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201115-200339~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201115-200339~2 (resized).png
#20242 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

lol.
oh the irony...

#20243 3 years ago

Coming to Oregon soon!

#20244 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Really? Such as?

First of all, cudos on actually asking an inquisitive question!... assuming it wasn't a rhetorical one.

Take a bit better look around is all I can really suggest here though, sorry. Try varying information sources a little bit more and taking in, processing, broader information. Selecting information sources you already agree with will not leave you fully or accurately informed. It simply takes some reason, I don't think one has to really even look all that hard... just stop being force fed. Time consuming though of course, to search through so much Rubbish! . Maybe explains why most don't seem to do it.

To more and more people these kinds of things (corruption/lies) just become the obvious elephant in the room, bewildered that so many just ignore the bleeding obvious, instead of seeing and noticing things that aren't right or do not add up at all.

I understand it is hard when in some parts of the world available information is dubiously Filtered, and plenty is actually completely unavailable, to some. Still plenty there to be found if people bother to look a little deeper. Do some work, if you Really want to know what is going on.

I can't do your research for you, nor talk about some topics in here.

It is up to the individuals Responsibility to ensure they are not blindly believing any old fabricated stories spread about to the masses.

Some of the obscured realities really are much scarier than any virus. It is totally understandable that anyone would not want to accept some of them. To the point of being unreasonable.

I digress...

#20245 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Needing 2 doses several weeks apart is common with some vaccinations based on the way they work. This vaccine exhibits characteristics of the covid virus and your body will produce the required antibodies when you have the first vaccinations shot but once you've "recovered" your body will stop producing those antibodies.

As I have read it, though, the timeframe for the second shot is very tight - like a 36 hour window or something crazy. Miss that 2nd shot window and you have to start over. Seems prone to user error/compliance problems.

#20246 3 years ago

Local automotive garage near me had an auction, owner I knew closed to retire. Ad said a mask was required to register to bid. Got there 30 minutes early and realized that 50% weren't masked, another 25% with dick nose or at the chin. Tent had chairs elbow to elbow. 250+ people. I sadly left before it even started even wearing a N95.

Till Americans takes this virus seriously we're screwed.

#20247 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Every state tried that Way back in July, but no surprise the result when reason was ignored for over a month in One State. Then extreme the other direction, once again, told by other states. Same, ignorant of the good reasons provided. Deaf ears.

It is only Victoria that screwed up so dramatically in so many ways, one after another... now thinks like they have some right to boast about something? .... it is Still Happening!

Mis-managment in Vic cost Australia many millions, held every other state up (the country) for many months longer just from repeating ignorance and incompetence. Good effort!

No aplauding systemic incompetence of state managment here.

#20248 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The problem with this is, these people who own the restaurants have nothing to lose. They obey shut down orders they’ll have to close anyways.

This is is why stimulus relief and small business support are so important. They should have no need or incentive to be open. If we were taking care of folks and making it possible to close down without potentially losing a business or home then we would hopefully see more folks following through with shutdown orders.

#20249 3 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

It's like beating your head against wall! My wife and I have been good about being safe during all this, but lately she is starting to falter. She has her annual family Thanksgiving/ Christmas gathering and wants to go, I have fought her on this, especially with the recent spike in cases. She finally said if you're so scared, just stay home! So after trying to explain that is not how it works to no avail, I gave up and agreed to go. What do you do?!? Trying to explain to her it's not about me, it's about other people, I know she is not that stupid!

Well, it's been 2 weeks since my wife's family gathering and I have not of heard of anyone coming down with COVID and my wife and I have had no symptoms of it either!!! But as of last Thursday I was exposed to a coworker that has tested positive! Closed down as soon as they found out, told to go home a get tested if we had any symptoms and now being told to come back to work in the AM (Monday morning) so apparently we only quarantine for 5 days now? WTH? I get people are tired and sick of this thing, who isn't! But the way things are going now we need to take this more seriously! It's getting ugly and I think a shutdown is coming and if it is let's do it right this time! I want this over!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 405 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/405?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.