272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 576.
#20150 3 years ago

My guess is that IF the Pfizer vaccine rolls out for general use it will be administered by a governmental agency that can be funded to have the specific equipment and staff to store and administer the vaccine properly. This probably isn’t something you would drive to Walgreeen’s to get.

#20151 3 years ago

Well of course that’s what they’d say!

If I don’t read it on Parler, I don’t believe it.

#20152 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There is currently not a Single airplane on the planet that has built in freezers.
Boeing and Airbus currently have not started any planning to make them.
However,they are aware and my bet there will be some scrambling behind curtains to figure this out. ETA-3 years.

My guess is that most transport will be by rail and truck. Considering the magnitude and scope of the "repair" I don't think overnight air transport would matter all that much.

As always, I could be , and most likely will be wrong on this. Big question is who is going to pay for the super-duper freezers?

#20153 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Here's a pretty interesting interview with General Perna, who is heading up Operation Warp Speed. He seems like a sharp guy, and certainly has the background for this type of mission.
"A four-star general, Perna previously served as the commanding general for the U.S. Army Materiel Command, which manages the Army's global supply chain. "I'm a professional logistician. That's what I've been doing for 39 years," he says."
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/11/09/933060635/operation-warp-speeds-logistics-chief-weighs-in-on-vaccine-progress

My late father worked for US AMC for 38 years and retired as the Chief of Planning for an army depot (ammo, vehicles and missiles).
This is certainly a mission that would work nicely in their capable hands - Godspeed, gentlemen!

#20154 3 years ago

Glad to see all that money Pfizer made off boner pills is going to good use.

Hope anybody that rolls the dice can get the injection they desire.

#20155 3 years ago

The Pfizer vaccine (and other mRNA-based ones) will survive 5 days in 'normal' freezers, so I'm sure it won't be that challenging. There are 200 vaccines in development, and 12 at late stage like Pfizer. This is a long game.

#20156 3 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

My late father worked for US AMC for 38 years and retired as the Chief of Planning for an army depot (ammo, vehicles and missiles).
This is certainly a mission that would work nicely in their capable hands - Godspeed, gentlemen!

Today is Remembrance day in Canada. I think of all the Allied forces but expecially the 11k Canadian soldiers lost at Vimy Ridge. 6 of 10 Canadian Soldiers did not return home. Tip of my hat to your dad as well.

#20157 3 years ago

Twin cities region:

Regions Hospital has over 20 people in emergency room waiting for beds to become available.

Methodist is on divert.

Lakeview 95% full. (Edit: granted lakeview is super tiny to begin with, so a fire at a house party could fill it to 95%)

#20158 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

My guess is that IF the Pfizer vaccine rolls out for general use it will be administered by a governmental agency that can be funded to have the specific equipment and staff to store and administer the vaccine properly. This probably isn’t something you would drive to Walgreeen’s to get.

They announced a month ago that CVS and Walgreens would be administering the vaccine to nursing homes.

#20160 3 years ago

CDC now says the mask benefits the wearer as well and cites some studies.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

#20161 3 years ago

California covid on the rise with still not much open to the public. No arenas, no Disneyland, no major political ralliys, no tourism. Most doing their part. Only explanation is a few large house parties, and the large gatherings in the streets. And maybe the few kids that have returned to school. And of course, the usual idiots.

Or, you can slow it down, but you aint stopping it.

#20162 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Twin cities region:
Regions Hospital has over 20 people in emergency room waiting for beds to become available.
Methodist is on divert.
Lakeview 95% full. (Edit: granted lakeview is super tiny to begin with, so a fire at a house party could fill it to 95%)

I live alone and have been going into the office on a limited basis just to have some human contact. With as bad as things are, I think it may be best that I become a hermit for a while. It's so bad around here. And about 6 people in our organization have tested positive in the last two weeks.

#20163 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

They announced a month ago that CVS and Walgreens would be administering the vaccine to nursing homes.

Who announced that? The manufacturer or the administration? Grain of salt here...grain of salt.

I'm not saying that Walgreen's or CVS might not be able to be the vehicle for administering this vaccine, I would think a centralized distribution chain such as the military might be better equipped and funded. Maybe not.

This is the same administration that told us the vaccine would be ready before election day, remember?

#20164 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I live alone and have been going into the office on a limited basis just to have some human contact. With as bad as things are, I think it may be best that I become a hermit for a while. It's so bad around here. And about 6 people in our organization have tested positive in the last two weeks.

Yeah, cases have tripled...and still the positivity rate has gone from under 5% to 20%

...and we are the good kid compared to our neighboring states.

Not exactly the ideal time on the calendar to be opening up field hospitals either. Although given the worker shortages/quarantines, unless they send in military, there wouldn’t really be anyone to staff them anyway.

#20165 3 years ago

Oh and I forgot to mention that hudson wi hospital is on a “unless your patient is dying, don’t send them to the ER” type of situation.

So, for all the the locals, please don’t go to the ER unless you reeeeaaaally need to. Generally good advice anyway but right now...

#20166 3 years ago

Florida is Screwed.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article247081417.html

Hows our Federal Corona Virus Task Force doing? I havent seen anything.

#20167 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Oh and I forgot to mention that hudson wi hospital is on a “unless your patient is dying, don’t send them to the ER” type of situation.
So, for all the the locals, please don’t go to the ER unless you reeeeaaaally need to. Generally good advice anyway but right now...

It’s a good reason to stay home even if your local football stadium is letting 10,000 people attend.

We went over this in March and April. Now is not the time to get into a car accident, or slip on ice and break your leg etc.

I just can’t shake how crazy it is we are back at this point again.

#20168 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hows our Federal Corona Virus Task Force doing?

Chair of the task force had planned to vacation in Florida this week, but canceled it to contest election results.

It's almost like someone who believes in the literal rapture shouldn't be in charge of preventing an apocalypse.

#20169 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yet they airship frozen goods all the time

Not at -100 degrees F they don’t...your typical freezer will not get anywhere near that temperature. This sounds like a significant barrier to fast and wide distribution of this particular vaccine; hopefully there will be alternatives that don’t need to be kept this cold.

#20170 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Not at -100 degrees F they don’t...your typical freezer will not get anywhere near that temperature. This sounds like a significant barrier to fast and wide distribution of this particular vaccine; hopefully there will be alternatives that don’t need to be kept this cold.

Tortoise and the hare.

Moderna and Pfizer types break out early but have huge distribution and scale issues.

The traditional vaccines (non modified rna) will likely use traditional logistics which will greatly help.

#20171 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Countries without adequate infrasctructure are f'd.

#20172 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201112-083437~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201112-083437~2 (resized).png
#20173 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Chair of the task force had planned to vacation in Florida this week, but canceled it to contest election results.
It's almost like someone who believes in the literal rapture shouldn't be in charge of preventing an apocalypse.

If I had more thumbs to give, you would have them all.

#20174 3 years ago

Daily new cases
-------------------

We've got it under control. It is going away. 3-17-2020. ( Keep your eyes on the left scale. High water point was 1250. And now is 200 K. )

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.05.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.05.05 AM (resized).png

April 11, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 10.04.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-11 at 10.04.48 AM (resized).png

June 17 2020

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 5.54.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-17 at 5.54.39 PM (resized).png

June 29, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 12.24.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-29 at 12.24.15 PM (resized).png

July 11, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 2.55.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-11 at 2.55.25 PM (resized).png

Sept. 4, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.31.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.31.21 PM (resized).png

Sept. 26, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 11.25.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-26 at 11.25.10 AM (resized).png

Oct. 23, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.53.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.53.04 AM (resized).png

Nov. 6, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.38.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.38.15 AM (resized).png

Nov. 12, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.52.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-12 at 8.52.34 AM (resized).png

#20175 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You're joking, aren't you?

#20176 3 years ago

All is not doom and gloom out on the west coast. My buddy NimblePin has been surfing almost every day since this pandemic began. Easier to get there with the light traffic. This shot is from Monday.

He gets up a little too early for my liking, but all he needs are some tasty waves, and he's fine.
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg

#20177 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Hmmm..I would have put my money on hurricane Eta hitting Florida this week as the reason to cancel a vacation, but it you and other sources say it’s due to contesting the election then I won’t debate it because I’d hate to get locked out of this thread due to a political post.

#20178 3 years ago

My wife, who was diagnosed Covid+ 9 days ago (symptoms started 2 days earlier) seems to be in good shape. None of us caught it (but we were paranoid). That's the good news.

Not so fun: in France, we have a new person admitted in hospital for Covid every 30 seconds - one person in emergency care every 6 minutes.
One death in four is caused by Covid. More than half of the current ICU patients were admitted because of Covid.

So, even if it was "just the flu" (or even milder than the flu) for my wife, it's not the case for everyone...

#20180 3 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Hmmm..I would have put my money on hurricane Eta hitting Florida this week as the reason to cancel a vacation

Regardless...wouldn't you think it's a bad idea for someone in charge of the US response to the virus to be going on vacation? We are breaking positive case and hospitalization records daily.

I'm hoping the next task force takes this a little more seriously. We gotta turn around this disaster.

#20181 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

My wife, who was diagnosed Covid+ 9 days ago (symptoms started 2 days earlier) seems to be in good shape. None of us caught it (but we were paranoid). That's the good news.
Not so fun: in France, we have a new person admitted in hospital for Covid every 30 seconds - one person in emergency care every 6 minutes.
One death in four is caused by Covid. More than half of the current ICU patients were admitted because of Covid.
So, even if it was "just the flu" (or even milder than the flu) for my wife, it's not the case for everyone...

Got a question: Did your leadership ever stand up before you and claim that it was a just going to go away?

#20182 3 years ago

Set course for lockdown 2.0 captain

3F041342-3F60-4083-8C33-F420CFCA0CEA (resized).jpeg3F041342-3F60-4083-8C33-F420CFCA0CEA (resized).jpeg
#20183 3 years ago

"First cruise ship to sail the Caribbean since the pandemic has up to 5 Covid-19 cases on board"

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-11-12-20-intl/h_16978efa4e4a80a7568511f43ce5e515

“The captain in his announcement told us somebody had tested positive, asked us to immediately go back to our cabins where we would isolate and also that all non-essential crew would isolate,” Sloan said. "

I wonder if the customers will get their money back?

#20184 3 years ago

160,000 new cases and rising. At this rate you won’t need a vaccine.

#20185 3 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

Hmmm..I would have put my money on hurricane Eta hitting Florida this week as the reason to cancel a vacation, but it you and other sources say it’s due to contesting the election then I won’t debate it because I’d hate to get locked out of this thread due to a political post.

Perhaps the Coronavirus Task Force Leader shouldn't be scheduling vacations right now.

#20186 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Twin cities region:
Methodist is on divert.

I’m still scratching my head as to why Bethesda went from Covid house to homeless shelter. Don’t get me wrong nobody should freeze outside but I’d think they’d be big enough to divide up some space and have room for everyone.

Can’t remember if Fairview/ Healtheast sold that building or not yet.

#20187 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’m still scratching my head as to why Bethesda went from Covid house to homeless shelter. Don’t get me wrong nobody should freeze outside but I’d think they’d be big enough to divide up some space and have room for everyone.
Can’t remember if Fairview/ Healtheast sold that building or not yet.

A bit of a head scratcher indeed.

Best I can come up with is that they are broke and the facility costs too much to maintain/repair so they are trying to unload it.

#20188 3 years ago

Local municipal government here mandated masks etc. 2 months ago when we had 8 cases now there's over 150 and running rampant. Not sure how each state operates but is it not up to state and local government to enact measures? I don't see this getting stopped unless complete shutdowns like they did in Australia are implemented. If you want new measures contact your local people in charge, it's not up to the feds.

#20189 3 years ago

Big surge in my state going on this week. Its almost as if some big party holiday was two weeks ago. I am predicting another big surge around December 5th-10th.

#20190 3 years ago

Just in time for thanksgiving, an interactive covid risk map to doom scroll play with:

https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

#20192 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Local municipal government here mandated masks etc. 2 months ago when we had 8 cases now there's over 150 and running rampant. Not sure how each state operates but is it not up to state and local government to enact measures? I don't see this getting stopped unless complete shutdowns like they did in Australia are implemented. If you want new measures contact your local people in charge, it's not up to the feds.

In my state Victoria .
We were just like you , we had a handful of cases and then it kept growing and growing until we had 20,000 cases and over 700 cases a day .
The other states still have their borders shut to us .
It did take a few months of lockdown but now we've had 14 days in a row of 0 cases and I'm off to the movies tomorrow .

#20193 3 years ago

Brother Scream ...please don’t go to the movies.

#20194 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Brother Scream ...please don’t go to the movies.

I mean, what’s even IN theatres right now?

#20195 3 years ago

Oaken / Doctor: will the virus mutate to ineffectiveness After vaccine #1?

#20196 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Waiting for Oscar buzz films to pay per view

#20197 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

"First cruise ship to sail the Caribbean since the pandemic has up to 5 Covid-19 cases on board"
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-11-12-20-intl/h_16978efa4e4a80a7568511f43ce5e515
“The captain in his announcement told us somebody had tested positive, asked us to immediately go back to our cabins where we would isolate and also that all non-essential crew would isolate,” Sloan said. "
I wonder if the customers will get their money back?

Anybody dumb enough to go on a cruise right now doesn't deserve their money back. I'm sure it was a super "bargain" price too.

#20198 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

In the U.S. it's by state, my state has has a mask mandate since June. The problem is though with free travel between the states, if your neighboring state doesn't have a mask mandate and has a massive increase in cases, it bleeds over into your state and your infection rate goes up, just not quite as bad. Conservative state Governors are mostly making it a political issue and refuse to make mask mandates in their states, so currently they have exploding infection rates. I'm not sure what strategy they have going on right now, because their hospitals are about to overflow with dying people. They haven't planned for so many people and they haven't planned with masks and PPE to prevent the spread, it seems like really bad governing that we result in a lot of needless deaths.

#20199 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Rocky Horror.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 404 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/404?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.