272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 576.
#19950 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Wife was diagnosed positive yesterday evening - shortness of breath, light fever, cough, headaches, diarrhea but no loss of taste or smell.
Moderate symptoms so far (she can stay at home), and I am so far asymptomatic.
Next time I leave home will be to be tested...
Take care, it's not fun, even for those who can avoid going to hospital / emergency care.

That's no good .
Hope your wife gets better quickly with no long term effects , and you're all right as well .

#19951 3 years ago

My cousin tested positive a couple days ago. Fever around 102 for a couple days, no symptoms now. I bowl league with him once a week. So far so good for me, but at least two people in the league of around 50 bowlers tested positive this week. I think that makes around 10 so far in 9 weeks, so around 20% of the league has been positive. Not saying it's spreading during league, but it's certainly possible.

I have about 20 co-workers and 4 have been positive so far, so 20% there too.

#19952 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Wife was diagnosed positive yesterday evening - shortness of breath, light fever, cough, headaches, diarrhea but no loss of taste or smell.
Moderate symptoms so far (she can stay at home), and I am so far asymptomatic.
Next time I leave home will be to be tested...
Take care, it's not fun, even for those who can avoid going to hospital / emergency care.

I am so sorry to hear that. I wish her a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

#19953 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Was informed last night that my nephews's wife has caught the Covid. She is positive; He is not. She is at home and feeling miserable. They live about 15 miles south of Dallas.
This is all I know.
What I do know is that she is 63 or 64. And controls (for years now) her weight with some sort of medicine.
I asked my sister-in-law if they are wearing masks or letting all hang out like "their" leader. Fortunately, with regards to some of things that are being sold to us, they manage to filter out the bullshit and they do wear masks.
I am concerned for my nephew. He will be 62 in January, is 5' 7" tall and weighs in at close to 350 lbs. He would be a prime candidate to not fair well, should he become infected.

Yesterday my sister-in-law told me my nephew’s wife has been cleared of Covid and has gone back to work.

I have no other info.

#19954 3 years ago

We had some reports at the voting stations. Workers there not wearing masks which by the way will not get you in trouble as the news reported it here. A man who didn't have any proper ID on him (you have to have it here) and then started to attack two people that worked at the polls.

Smart move got himself arrested.

#19955 3 years ago

This sums up my social life during the pandemic pretty well:

Screenshot_20201102-172052~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201102-172052~2 (resized).png
#19956 3 years ago

Yes.

I try to leave the apartment at least once a day.

On bad days, taking out the trash counts.

#19957 3 years ago

So it’s November 4th. COVID has disappeared right?

#19958 3 years ago

See Top Post on Terrie Ritchie, Who Dey, has passed away.

#19959 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Pretty much has here except for the new arrivals in quarantine hotels.

#19960 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That is horrible news.

He was always a fun guy that added color to any conversation. I talked a lot of football with him, and I will miss our spirited discussions.

R.I.P. Terrie

#19961 3 years ago

Yeah. Daily count over 100000, but government using 5 digit Bally displays so they show 00000.

#19962 3 years ago

Minnesota update:

ICU capacity in the metro is at 98% in use and statewide ICU capacity is at 92% in use, according to MDH officials.

I think the positivity rate is approaching 10% as well, even though testing is plentiful.

#19963 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am so sorry to hear that. I wish her a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Thanks everyone for the support.
She's a tough lady. Already feeling better.
Meanwhile, I must stay home while limiting contact...
Solution: I moved to the basement!! (where the pinball machines are !

Unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky: check death count here:
Capture d’écran 2020-11-05 à 10.34.32 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-11-05 à 10.34.32 (resized).png

Actually Europe as a whole is doing badly (France in light blue, rest of Europe in dark blue).
Capture d’écran 2020-11-05 à 10.33.40 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-11-05 à 10.33.40 (resized).png

#19964 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Thanks everyone for the support.
She's a tough lady. Already feeling better.

Stay vigilant. The 7-10 day mark after symptoms things can get dire quickly, even if the days before were much better.

#19965 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'm proud to say Who-Dey was a good friend of mine .
I understand people didn't agree with some things he said in this thread .
But , he had a heart of gold , loved animals and you couldn't find a more genuine person .
If you got to know him he was one of the nicest people you could meet .
I will truly miss him

#19966 3 years ago

It's almost disappeared here , 6 days in a row of 0 cases 0 deaths

#19967 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's almost disappeared here , 6 days in a row of 0 cases 0 deaths

You've got me convinced. I'm moving

#19968 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wow...did he have Covid?

(I’ve had him on ignore for years, so apologies if he revealed this)

#19969 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow...did he have Covid?

Not that I am aware of.

He mentioned numerous times that he felt his work was hurting his health, and that he was very close to retirement. I am wondering if it was the stress.

#19970 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Not that I am aware of.
He mentioned numerous times that he felt his work was hurting his health, and that he was very close to retirement. I am wondering if it was the stress.

What kind of work did he do?

#19971 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What kind of work did he do?

He worked the swing shift at a paper mill. He said it was VERY tiresome/demanding work.

#19972 3 years ago

"The record 102,831 cases reported on Thursday by Johns Hopkins University tops the more than 99,321 cases set just days ago, on Oct. 30. The university reported 1,097 additional COVID-19 deaths for the same day."

#19973 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Our place had drive up voting!! I've never seen that before. They were bringing the machine over to the car.

We have drive up Covid testing, it's in the old car emissions testing site. It's quick and safe and there is a constant line to get tested.

#19974 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anyone else wondering if it was Covid?

#19975 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nope.

#19976 3 years ago

The weekly score card for my county here in Kansas, 3 or 4 weeks ago we were almost in the green!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19977 3 years ago

In a ironic twist, we hit a new nationwide new case record after the election....where it was all supposed to disappear.

#19978 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It was not Covid

#19979 3 years ago

Methinks the rest of the twin cities metro and valley healthcare conglomerates are gonna follow Mayo here soon and activate their covid yikes plans.

Hoping wife gets assigned to non Covid emergencies seeing as she already did her covid stint during first wave.

#19980 3 years ago

58,000 confirmed new cases in France in a single day... for a population 5x smaller than the US.
Welcome to Coronaland.

#19981 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

58,000 confirmed new cases in France in a single day... for a population 5x smaller than the US.
Welcome to Coronaland.

How and you and your wife?

#19982 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It was not Covid

COVID can cause heart attacks in otherwise asymptomatic people. I’m sorry to hear of his passing.

#19983 3 years ago

My wife and I tested positive this week. The first 24 hours were a bit rough but feeling much better. I started feeling like crap on Monday night. Today I mowed the lawn. Still a little achy and woozy sometimes but comes and goes.

#19984 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve had him on ignore for years

I'd ignore you if you would just go away.

#19985 3 years ago

AlexF gets his positive covid test and decides this is a perfect day to mow the lawn. My hero.

#19986 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

AlexF gets his positive covid test and decides this is a perfect day to mow the lawn. My hero.

But is he using the leaf blower early in the morning??

#19987 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

But is he using the leaf blower early in the morning??

Going to sleep in a bit but leaf blower tomorrow.

#19988 3 years ago

As you guys know my wife and daughters had COVID in September, we found out because my wife gets tested every week for work. She works for American Century and she was informed that she will now be taking an antibodies test each week instead of the COVID test. I will let everyone know when her antibodies test comes back negative. Daughter came home from college on September 9th, so that would have been the earliest she contracted COVID.

As a disclaimer, this is just one person!! Do not take this as scientific fact as far as how long antibodies last. When we had COVID, nobody ran a fever, it was most characterized as bronchitis and head colds. The only similar symptom they had was loss of taste and smell.

#19989 3 years ago

It’s never a good sign when after 7 pm upper management calls a mandatory meeting for first thing in the morning.

My guess

1) they are going to start closing down the clinics and elective surgeries again.
2) they are running out of various supplies again.
3) mandatory extra unpaid work hours again.

My money is on 3.

#19990 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

It’s never a good sign when after 7 pm upper management calls a mandatory meeting for first thing in the morning.
My guess
1) they are going to start closing down the clinics and elective surgeries again.
My money is on 3.

I will put you in my thoughts. I hope it works out for you.

#19991 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My guess
My money is on 3.

My Guess is all 3. Sorry. Keep up the good fight and my best to your family and colleagues.

#19992 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow...did he have Covid?
(I’ve had him on ignore for years, so apologies if he revealed this)

I’ve never understood the reason to silence people who differ from your opinion, no matter how obnoxious. I really didn’t like his pro stern stance. His other stances didn’t jive with my opinions, but I also agreed with him on other points. I don’t need everyone I know to be in agreement with everything I think. I can accept that something I consider important, you could be on the other side. You might be just as passionate about the side I am championing but I want to hear your opinions.

Odin and I are cut from the same cloth, I will never silence or ignore someone on pinside. On a similar note, Odin was bashing Stern’s playfield and was questioning anyone who would buy a new Stern. I messaged him about me buying a new Elvira LE and he was not condescending. In fact, he was understand and supportive. I told him that if I had any playfield issues, I would let him know.

Don’t silence someone because they are passionate about the other side.

#19993 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

As you guys know my wife and daughters had COVID in September, we found out because my wife gets tested every week for work. She works for American Century and she was informed that she will now be taking an antibodies test each week instead of the COVID test. I will let everyone know when her antibodies test comes back negative. Daughter came home from college on September 9th, so that would have been the earliest she contracted COVID.
As a disclaimer, this is just one person!! Do not take this as scientific fact as far as how long antibodies last. When we had COVID, nobody ran a fever, it was most characterized as bronchitis and head colds. The only similar symptom they had was loss of taste and smell.

From what's been reported antibodies last around 3 months. However it's just now coming out that t-cell immunity can last up to 6 months and maybe longer.

#19995 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

How and you and your wife?

My wife feels better this morning (she was tired last evening). The cough is nearly gone and her lungs are fine.
Me: still zero symptom

#19996 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

My wife feels better this morning (she was tired last evening). The cough is nearly gone and her lungs are fine.
Me: still zero symptom

I'm glad to hear that. This gives me hope.

#19997 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We have to wear masks in drive- thru's , in fact we still have to wear masks everywhere , everyone's used to it now , no big deal .
Maybe that's part of the reason we have had 0 cases and 0 deaths for 5 days in a row now .

We've done heaps better than that, by proof of action and outcome. Never a mask in sight either. We have had well over 500 cases, all in the first month or two. Masks are not required, neither are stage 4 lockdowns. What is required is instant contact tracing for a starter, so this means you can't go letting it get out of control. Functional quarantine. These are the basics, essentials, that go lacking.

Literally every other state was repeatedly warning you in June to put stage 3 in place and vigilantly contact trace. What was the response?. Ignored, for a month. All fell on deaf ears. Victorias like, "In your face, you... other states!i" . "Carry on, nothing to see here!". "Footy's Back!!, Yeah". ... Until reality bites in July.

Much too late, a month later... people there start to be cautious finally, instead of ignorant. Out of control by then, forget it, you're screwed and need heavier lockdown for 3 weeks to get back on track.

The simple reality is your state has brought all of this on itself, and on Australia, not without stern warning either. It seems to have been possible only due to some extremely concerning ignorance and incompetence, from the top and down through the levels to you and me. Then your authorities went full retard the other way, and put everyone (including businesses) in prison for 3 months!!??. No good reason! . Like, WT actual F?

You mob there are gluttons for punishment, or something... idk.

Anyway .... we aught to all count ourselves lucky to be here, and appreciate that which we have, before it is gone.

The "enemy" comes from within. Fighting with others is fighting yourself!.

Peace All!

RIP Who-Dey

#19998 3 years ago

Well the US hit almost 120k cases yesterday, another new record.

The next two months are going to be bad.

#19999 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You've got me convinced. I'm moving

Better start packing .
7 days of 0 cases 0 deaths

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.