272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

1,008 posts in this topic match your search for posts by crazylevi. You are on page 3 of 5.
#13274 3 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

They would be useless. State and counties have already decided how they are going to open and have already made their own guidelines awhile ago.

Then why did they commission them in the first place?

Seems like they just didn’t like the guidelines so they buried them. Maybe we should just get rid of the CDC at this point like we got rid of the pandemic response team a couple years ago, since we Apparently have no interest allowing science to influence policy.

#13288 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Our government has no balls.
I feel sorry for bus drivers.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/economy/transit-bus-driver-safety/index.html
"Miami-Dade County bus driver Miakeya Rolle says she hasn't had a good night's rest since a passenger intentionally spit on her."
"On the afternoon of April 19, a homeless woman boarded Rolle's bus and began coughing on passengers, according to a police report. Rolle told her she needed to wear a mask. The woman spat on Rolle and fled the bus."
" The administration has recommended transit agencies make policies regarding facial coverings to reduce the risk of Covid-19, but stopped short of a mandate. Federal law says that the secretary of the Department of Transportation may "issue directives with respect to the safety of the public transportation system."

America 2020:

D7C63295-4C04-47BF-B0A0-074B37606A0D.gifD7C63295-4C04-47BF-B0A0-074B37606A0D.gif
#13292 3 years ago

The washington post piece you posted is an opinion piece by someone who worked for the current administration. You can guess at his motives. It's not an actual factual, researched piece of journalism, it's an opinion piece and not a very convincing one at that. Surprised you'd post that as evidence that something is "not factual," as it's a subjective opinion piece, not an objective "news" story.

The second link you posted - which is an actual objective piece of journalism, and in fact, addresses and quotes many of the points explored by the former Administration official's opinion piece - concludes this:

CONCLUSIONS

There is disagreement over how to describe the changes at the NSC’s Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense in 2018. The departure of some members due to “streamlining” efforts under John Bolton is documented. The “pandemic response team” as a unit was largely disbanded.

---

So it's largely semantics. My personal opinion - one shared by overwhelmingly respected scientific voices like Dr. Fauci - is that we would have been in far better position to deal with COVID-19 if the "whatever you want to call it" hadn't been "eliminated/streamlined."

In general it's best to read links before you post them to see if they actually support your thesis. I have nothing against opinion pieces but they shouldn't be presented here as "factual" if you are using them to support an argument.

#13312 3 years ago

Today, I am a man. My first covid thread meme!!!

99389C00-72B7-473A-8DE3-DA54EDC890F8 (resized).jpeg99389C00-72B7-473A-8DE3-DA54EDC890F8 (resized).jpeg
#13313 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Do not buy this $9 bottle of gas station hand sanitizer, it literally smells like vomit.
[quoted image]

Still can’t get Clorox wipes. I’d probably settle for a puke scented substitute.

#13358 3 years ago

Some good news coming out of everybody's favorite punching bag, NY. Not sure what's going on around the rest of the country as the death numbers are still north of 2,000 a day.

-----

Cuomo: 'We are finally ahead of the virus'

New York governor Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily coronavirus briefing.

He said 216 people in New York state died of Covid-19 yesterday, down from 231 on Wednesday. The number was close to 800 a day at the height of the outbreak in New York in mid-to-late April. Most cases are in New York City, though Cuomo has mentioned a cluster around some agricultural businesses upstate.

So deaths and hospitalizations continue to decline in New York, where stay-at-home restrictions continue until May 15, when a review is expected.

“We are finally ahead of this virus, for the first time, we have showed we can control the beast,” Cuomo said moments ago... “We have the beast on the run. We have not killed the beast but we are ahead of it.”

But he warned, again, that if you take New York out of the picture, the numbers of infections and deaths in the rest of the US is still going up.

#13368 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am not really a fan of Colbert, but Cuomo might be taking the same stand as Newsom is that now is not the time to be politically motivated or be placing blame, or use this as an excuse to oust somebody, but that all sides must work together to get thru all this. That is the kind of spiel that works best for me.

Not a fan of that spiel. Accountability is crucial so we can avoid something like happening again. Should continue to be part of the conversation.

#13426 3 years ago

That’s an easy one dude. May as well post a pic of Darth vader and ask us where it’s from.

Inconceivable!

#13459 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Fauci and a bunch of the task force folks are now in quarantine after being exposed to White House staff.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cdc-director-self-quarantine-after-exposure-white-house-aide-covid-n1203851

Seems like they’ve been in quarantine for two weeks already.

#13480 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Geez...
- One thing is to ask to reopen in order to go to work, in order to feed your children and keep a roof. I get it, I sympathize for those who desperately need their jobs back.
- Another is advocating virus-spreading behavior

Welcome to America dude.

#13496 3 years ago

People are more empowered than ever to wear swatztikas and kkk hoods in public. Wonder why.

And Kroeger employees should suspend working and see quick those stores shut down. Not exactly a line of work people are dying to get into right now.

#13528 3 years ago

Thread’s kinda wild like the old days all of a sudden.

Anyway, only 750 reported deaths yesterday which has to be the best day in a month or more. Perhaps all of our hard work is paying off.

We’ll find a way to screw it up I’m sure.

#13567 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This is absolutely false. Please do some actual research.

He gets fringe emails and memes from his buddies. What else do you need?

#13574 3 years ago

Really just goes to show how the death count is likely much higher than reported.

Here - this being America and all - a campaign is well underway to pretend that the death count is way overstated and a media / political conspiracy to make the people in charge look bad. Nobody is actually dying. It’s fake news.

Sometimes the best 6 seconds of my day is right when I wake up and forget that all of this is going on.

#13580 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Who opened the crazy flood gates? I thought posts needed approval?

I was wondering about that too.

#13599 3 years ago

Why aren't these stores hiring bouncers?

Yep, 2020, America. Supermarket bouncers.

I can't say I'm shocked by how little these companies are doing to aid protect their workers and their customers, but I'm still disappointed. These people will do ANYTHING to save a buck.

#13614 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

That was a direct copy and paste from just one source. Not in 24 hours but since reopening. It was in the news today in several places and again on ABC news round up tonight - Up 60% since opening up. Maybe I’m wrong or they are wrong and everything is alright in Georgia.
I’ve been locked up at home so long I could be talking to my water heater thinking it’s Lester Holt.

I was watching the same report. Lester holt told me new cases are up 64 percent in Georgia since the big transition back to being great opening up again or whatever are calling it today happened.

#13629 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

This is anecdotal twice removed. People out there looking for news that fits their perspective are latching on to anything they find.

Didn’t you read?

He started it by saying “true story.”

#13644 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

See, I wasn't talking to my water heater after all. I tend to believe that reopening is going to lend to a spike and not a decrease.

I agree with you - but Swamp is right it's probably a little early for us to know the true effect. And the Georgia numbers/stats right now and weird and contradictory upon further review. I think it'll be a lot clearer in a few days.

#13650 3 years ago

I’m not sure who comes to a COVID-19 thread for good news and happy talk.

Things are still shitty. They are still going to be shitty. For a while.

All of the “good news” that’s been posted here for 2 months - happy talk, Miracle cures, etc. - has all proven to be hot air.

Denial and happy talk isn’t going to fix this. Being realistic, accepting what we are facing, and dealing with it in a scientific - rather than emotional - way is the only way out.

That’s not doom and gloom. It’s reality.

#13659 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

The whole purpose of the lockdown in the beginning was to flatten the curve, correct? Well a lot of states have a downtrend and are allowed to open with restrictions. I don't think there is anything wrong with this. We cannot remain shutdown until there is a vaccine!! My .02

You can't force people to go out and endanger their lives and the lives of their loved ones. We are not "shut down." We can come and go as we please. We can do what we want. Most states are already relaxing this fake "lockdown" we've been in. But it's not going to magically fix anything.

Most people are ignoring the "government narrative" that everything is fine and dandy and let's get back to normal. They know we aren't ready. They see that people in White House are getting sick, even with the massive testing resources they have that your average American doesn't. They know they don't want their loved ones to get sick and die.

So they aren't going back to Appelbee's. You can't force them to. There's no miracle cure for the virus, and there's no miracle cure for the economy, and way too many people still haven't accepted that.

It's not the media's fault. It's the virus' fault. This isn't a PR issue. We can't tweet or bully or beg or borrow our way out of this.

#13671 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Continue to live in fear if you wish, I am getting on with my life.

Pretty sure everybody here has been “getting on with our lives” since March. We are all doing our best.

I would rebut the suggestion that if I’m not sitting down for a shitty meal at Red Lobster Or going bowling with my friends and family, I’m somehow living in fear and still in some kind of hellish, non-living limbo.

#13673 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Don’t applaud. Take the advice from medical professionals seriously and push back on those that don’t. He’d appreciate that more.

Listen, I'm gonna keep banging my cowbell outside my window at 7pm whether he likes it or not!!!!

Honestly, I think it's more for us at this point than the health care workers. It's just fun to bang the shit out of something and make a bunch of noise once a day along with everybody else.

Today I might move the guitar amp out on to the fire escape and melt some faces.

You know, for appreciation and all.

#13678 3 years ago

When the cheddar biscuits are the best thing on the menu, you know it ain’t a great seafood place!!

Full disclosure - I did attend the Times Square ReD Lobster grand opening with some friends like 15 years ago. The biscuits were cold!!!

Look I’m no snob, I’ll go to chain places, especially on the road. I’ve been known to drive 10 miles out of my way to find a Chili’s over an Applebee’s.

#13695 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you referring to the guy playing the keyboard? That's Billy Preston.

World class musician and world class pervert, billy Preston!

#13728 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, the country did a great job and almost everyone did what they were told to do.
Almost 0 cases every day for the last week.
I started back at my building site 2 weeks ago. Still some restrictions but they will hopefully be phased out over the next few weeks.
Nice one!
rd

That’s all well and good, but I bet you’d trade all of that for just a little FREEDOM!

#13734 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]

The Twitter ceo says employees can work from home “forever.”

#13739 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

New York’s Governor Cuomo announced last week that 66% of the their state’s new coronavirus patients WERE sheltering in place at home. So the majority of New Yorkers that needed hospitalized because of the virus WERE doing what they were being told and still ended up in the hospital!

Cuomo's statement wasn't exactly some kind of get out of jail free card for the "reopen or die!" set.

I'm "Sheltering in place" too. And yet I probably interact with at least half a dozen people a day. At the stores, neighbors, more if you count the people I walk by on the streets. There's two guys in my apartment right now fixing the drain (thanks honey!). I'm sanitizng, wearing mask, trying to be careful...that being said I wouldn't exactly be surprised if I got it. I'm living with my girlfriend also, so I'm also "interacting" with everybody she interacts with every day. Just like the "66 percent" may have large families, and live in crowded apartments etc.

I didn't feel like pointing this out last week because I didn't want to upset the many people here were just so damn GLEEFULLY EXCITED about what Cuomo said as if it renders everything doctors and scientists have said about COVID moot, but I took that with a big grain of salt and so would anybody else who cared to think about it. Just because I'm not going to work, eating lunch at Appelbee's, or spending my whole day at a hospital doesn't truly mean I'm "sheltering in place" or "locked down." I would assume the same is true for that 66 percent Cuomo mentioned.

NY case numbers are also way down, which should be proof in and of itself that "sheltering in place" works even if it obviously isn't foolproof and isn't exactly ending human interaction. As far "lockdowns go" the one in the US - even at the epicenter - is pretty tame. All the more reason the lunatic fringe and their armed screaming protests seems so weird to me.

#13740 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Bummer. Sweet Tomatoes is my daughter's favorite restaurant. The one by us closed about five years ago, but we would always look forward to going there when we visit my parents in Florida. I agree that the future for buffets is not looking bright. I'm guessing other chains like Golden Corral won't be far behind. Who in their right mind would let their kid eat from a chocolate fountain these days?
And what's going to happen to Vegas, where buffets are an integral part of the culture? I would think the only way buffets survive is if they change their model and no longer allow the patrons to serve themselves.

There's nothing more American than a buffet.

They will be back, I'm sure of it.

#13764 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I didn’t look at the 66% as good or bad, just interesting. This may have been discussed, do you think central HVAC in some areas of urban living may account for a portion of this high number?

I doubt it but what do I know. I mean maybe? I’d have to see the science on it.

It’s just tough with all the people living on top of each other. Would be interesting to know what kind of Heat / ac these people have. Most people I know have window units and radiators unless they live in newer buildings.

#13766 3 years ago

Man now you guys for me thinking about buffets.

Not my go to but sometimes there’s just nothing like pulling up to the trough.

They’ll be back!

#13800 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Do you realy want to know what I think?
I am a pessimist, I think there will be no vaccine in the next 4-5 years, perhaps never. And almost every economy will collapse in the near future.
I hope that they will find treatment methods so not so many will die. Perhaps with early thrombosis treatments, or something else the death rate will go down. But then over time we will see, more often than we want, heavy long-term damage to health for people who survived it and that could be even worse. And three years or less after you got covid you can get it again, perhaps like the flu, wave to wave, again and again.
Social distancing will be the new normality. No more pubs, concerts, sport events. No more hugs!
The gap between rich and poor will become bigger, with way more poor than rich and nothing between. Chaos and violence on the street. People or countrys will not stand together, it will be everybody against everybody, nation against nation. Perhaps the conflict between China and the USA will become the next big war. After the spanish flu we got 2 world wars. And even if we survive the third, the european union will drift apart for sure. No more globalism will hit the people in the third world even more. Hunger, refugees and war everywhere. We will see many nations with totalitarian systems rising up in europe and everywhere else in the world, I hope not my country again. And when we think it will be getting better again, there will be the next virus even worth than covid was.
That's what I think for the future, and that is why I can't get sleep at night anymore, I said it before, I am a pessimist. I will never show this view of the future to the people around me cause there is still a chance that I am wrong. And so every day I try to prevent the bad future I see with small things that are possible for me. Even if I personally don't see any light. I will not go out without a fight.

So what’s the bad news?

#13804 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How do you keep your sunglasses from fogging up?

With a mask on my sunglasses fog up when I exhale. But they un-fog when I inhale. So it balances out.

#13852 3 years ago

So I see we are right back where we were two months ago...promising a vaccine in months when WE ALL KNOW it'll be over a year.

People can't possibly be buying this nonsense, can they?

#13858 3 years ago

It's hilarious to me that people think we are "locked down."

I'm in the epicenter of this global crisis, and I can spend my entire day walking around the city, going for bike rides, and I can have carry out chinese for lunch and carry out sushi for dinner. Or maybe I'll get a steak, not sure. I can buy booze. I snooze in the grass in the park.

Attica this is not.

#13862 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

...or more than a year...or never???

Better to just lie and say one is coming in a couple months. It goes down better.

#13868 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

In exchange for all our firearms at the same time?

That’s about as likely to happen as the vaccine being distributed by the military - or in fact anybody - in 2020.

#13934 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This sums up my feelings on Bill Gates pretty well. [quoted image]

GATESGATE!!

GATESGATE!!

nothing to see here look over there! GATESGATE!!!

#13937 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Two studies published today, one performed in Europe, another one in China conclude that hydroxychloroquine is not helpful.
"the results of this study do not support its use in patients admitted to hospital with covid-19 who require oxygen"
https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1844
"Administration of hydroxychloroquine did not result in a significantly higher probability of negative conversion than standard of care alone in patients admitted to hospital with mainly persistent mild to moderate covid-19"
https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1849
Finally note that "Adverse events were higher in hydroxychloroquine recipients than in non-recipients"
The BMJ stands for The British Medical Journal, and this is a respectable publication, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_BMJ
In other words, hydroxychloroquine does not work on patients heavily affected (the first study) nor on those with mild symptoms (the second article), and it does have adverse side effects.
Curious to read what the self-proclaimed French expert on hydroxychloroquine (Didier Raoult) will answer... So much easier to design clinical trials when you do not have a control group!

There was a time when every 5th post here was someone hyping up this snake oil. It’s amazing how powerful disinformation from trusted sources and government can be.

#13955 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

McDonalds has released a 59 page booklet with instructions on how to reopen and what will be required of the franchisees.
how do you think this will work out?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/business/mcdonalds-reopening-instructions-coronavirus/index.html
1) Workers must clean and sanitize tables after each use and restrooms every 30 minutes. McDonald's (MCD) recommends using a tracking sheet to document the cleanings.
2) Restaurants don't have to turn on their touch-screen kiosks, but if they do, those screens and key pads have to be cleaned after every use.
3) They'll also have to close self-serve beverage bars.
4) Instead, employees must pour drinks out for customers, preferably using fountains usually designated for the drive-thru.

McDonald’s employees aren’t paid enough to work this hard or care that much. If you want to go to McDonald’s go do mcdonalds but don’t think this corporate happy talk nonsense has any bearing on reality.

I worked a fast food job as a teenager like many of you did. That “handbook” would be a source of momentary amusement for me on that job and would be quickly forgotten, By myself along with all my 17 year old co-workers.

The same goes for all the similar New “regulations” we’ll be seeing at other places. It’s all nonsense, unfortunately.

#13957 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Stay strong everyone! We can get through this! We can continue to pass legislation that encourages people not to work! We can stay closed and safe until a cure is found! Businesses can continue to pay employees to stay home! Let's just juice another 3T! We got this! This is the new normal! We are saving lives!

I couldn’t agree more. If everybody had the same attitude we’d turn this thing around much more quickly.

#14039 3 years ago

Damn ole Swampfire beefed that one pretty bad

It's all good! The Covid thread is always an adventure.

Tonight was kind of fun, such a gorgeous day, we went down the block around 7 and grabbed a drink at a frat bro type place that's open. Three bars in a row on that block so there were a number of people drinking and hanging outside, it was pretty fun almost like the old days! Great sliders at the bar too.

The owner owns several bars and restaurants. He says basically he's doing about 1/7th of the business he usually does but he is making some money and his landlord is being reasonable. This isn't true for everybody.

He also got his small business loan but explained some weird pratfalls with it...it was done so fast there's a lot of bugs in that system.

We might sign this guy up as an NYCPC sponsor next year, he's right across the street from the venue and is super into it.

#14060 3 years ago

100,000 dead within a week or so.

In hindsight, that seems pretty bad.

We are currently “reopening America” in a way that runs counter to what the majority of medical and scientific experts say we should.

In foresight, that seems like another in a long, long line of terrible mistakes the people in charge have made.

I wonder what we’ll say with hindsight in a few months.

I wouldn’t worry. It’ll probably turn out just great like everything else we’ve done over the past few months.

#14062 3 years ago

So glad I don’t have to deal with allergies.

We got enough problems !

#14090 3 years ago

Can you imagine if this shit had gone down in say, 2012, and the response had been as similarly incompetent and destructive?

I’m sure the armies of people saying we’ve done a great job, it’s just a flu etc etc etc would be exactly as forgiving and willing to explain this shitshow away as they are now.

#14126 3 years ago

"living in fear" is one of my favorite 'Rona burns.

It's like saying "You wear a seat belt? STOP LIVING IN FEAR"

"You look both ways when you cross the street? COWARD!"

"You won't strip that asbestos without a mask? SHEEPLE!!!!"

I'm so over these idiots to be frank.

#14166 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

well at least we'll have this video of Cuomo's nasal swab for time eternal
https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/animations/w_307/200517132801-desktop-gov-cuomo-coronavirus-test.mp4
USA hit 90k deaths yesterday, but the big news seems to be Russia overtaking USA in new cases/day, with India on the rise

Someone should tell India and Russia it’s just the flu.

#14216 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just found out my favorite pinball bar in Indy has closed up. Sucks.
RIP Sinking Ship.

To be fair, with that name you probably shoulda known it wasn’t going to end well.

#14251 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

[quoted image]
Fox News' immediate reaction to the blockbuster revelation needs to be seen and understood: https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1262484136587132935

There’s no way he’s actually taking it.

If anything the docs just gave him vitamins and told him it’s what he asked for.

#14256 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I wish someone would explain to him that some of his voters have lupus. And that they actually need this drug.

D5C75D53-21C2-4895-9FE0-D9AE9233A55A.gifD5C75D53-21C2-4895-9FE0-D9AE9233A55A.gif

I know it’s no laughing matter but always the first thing that pops into my head

#14296 3 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Maybe it's sad that nobody makes fun of the Netherlands, we're just not important enough. and a bit of

Wait till Christmas comes around, zwarte Pete

#14310 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

An arcade is winning the Coronavirus battle! Chuck E Cheese!!! Go Chuck E.! Wait... How is Chuck E. Cheese winning? They are selling their pizza takeout and delivery via grubhub and other apps. Wait... no one in their right mind would order Chuck E. Cheese to go? You are correct, and Chuck E. Cheese knows that! They have been caught changing their name in the Grub Hub app to Pasquales Pizza (one of the members of the "band") and masquerading as a local joint. Thats right... Chuck E. Cheese has increased their business during the pandemic by pretending to not be... Chuck E. Cheese.
https://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/top-reactions-chuck-e-cheese-tricking-people-into-buying-their-pizza/86273222/[quoted image]

That's insane.

Yeah, Chuck E Cheese always had the worst pizza in the world but that's not why anybody was there

#14343 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Guys, the guy was obviously on a vent. See the tracheotomy scar? That’s a feeding tube run into his abdomen. Let’s quit look to conspiracy everything.

True story:

My aunt’s ex brother in law knows a nurse at that facility. And he said this guy is a fake.

#14356 3 years ago

Not sure if any of you care how I'm keeping busy...based upon the hillbilly hate mail I get via this thread you don't...but what the hell...another covid-crushing rock block for you fools!

#14372 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Really amazing, glad to see you. Put some biting gain on the guitar, get a drum machine and run it through a bass amp with a simple hard drive, and introduce a little reverb, chorus and compression to your vocals, you got the chops.
I have 3 uncompleted songs and still look at the recorder, mixer and PA every day doing nothing.
Appreciate the video!

THanks man and good advice. I'm just screaming into the camera voice not amplified at this point, as it's a pretty low fi recording (ha!) rig and I don't really have room to make an actual studio in here. Also can't REALLY open it up since I do have neighbors (though half of them have left, including the ones next to me and below me). I did get my first noise complaint tonight but I shouldn't really be playing without headphones at 10:30 at night. Day just got away from me!

I think lots of people have dug into their hobbies more during COVID. Pinball is still fun but I'm enjoying working on them an catching up more than playing these days as it's getting old playing by myself. Now's a great time for you to finish your songs Phil!!

I might think about doing some of the stuff you said - I have a cheap bass amp here (and a cheap bass but the neck looks like a banana right now)

#14397 3 years ago

Man we are coming up on fourth time around on some of these memes lately

#14424 3 years ago

It's basically what we do here at 7. I don't think it's a bad idea even in a nice suburban neighborhood.

#14457 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Luckily, even the CDC has relented and acknowledges now that this virus isn't easily spread by surface contamination.

Does this mean we can stop wiping down bags of Doritos with alcohol wipes and running our yogurt through the dishwasher before I eat it?

No? Ok, no problem honey. Love you!

#14508 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well today we went from gatherings of 10 or less to now 100 or less. Seems legit.

This stuff just seems so arbitrary and made up.
It’s probably not a great idea for 100 people to get together. And if 100 people are now considered “safe” to hang with, why not 200?

Where’s the science behind “100 people is fine?”

Just telling us what some people want to hear I guess.

#14521 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Just to be clear, I am still working and have not been impacted by any of this..

Wow. By your initial impassioned plea it sure sounded like you were directly affected.
Since we are apparently speaking for people here who aren’t us and pretending we know exactly what they want to say, let me give it a shot.

I’d like to passionately speak for all of those people who “can’t get to work” but also don’t want more of their friends, relatives and neighbors to die, as I know for a fact they would say to us if they were posting here:

Please make sure it’s safe to “reopen” before you do it. Please make sure when I go to my minimum wage job because they are threatening to replace me if I don’t, that it’s safe to work there, proper PPE is provided, and proper distancing protocol is implemented for employees, management, and customers. So many of these employers don’t care at all about me, just their profits.

Just like it seems many people want to just
Declare this over for political reasons, when over 1,000 Americans are still dying every day.

Thanks for listening to me!

#14575 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's race day. Normally I'd be 6 beers deep already. This year I'm already 600 calories deep, and I've only been up for a half hour.

Gentleman,
Start your microwaves!

#14577 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think the way covid-19 is going to run through our core workforce is going be a really unfortunate phase of this pandemic. I wish you and your co-workers the best and I wish there were more money to invest in better protection systems.

Yes, absolutely. We have completely failed people who work in factories, meat plants, and other “essential” workplaces where people are crowded together on a production line.

#14619 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

They (hospitals) are also getting big money back once they label the death as covid. Reimbursement if you will....

Pretty sure this has been debunked as conspiracy nonsense.

Remember when shakes was in here telling us he works for the worlds biggest medical company and can vouch for the fraud they are committing?

Probably not the kind of thing I’d post in public but I guess it’s important to get the truth out there!

#14631 3 years ago

Just like to point out again the media have been total and complete heroes throughout this entire thing.

The amazing work they’ve done in the face of unprecedented abuse is simply extraordinary.

Carry on!

#14705 3 years ago

who-dey Still waiting on that proof that doctors and hospitals are committing billing fraud to drive up COVID numbers and reap the huge sum of an additional 20% payment.

The great thing about unfounded, outrageous, baseless claims is that you don’t have to substantiate them.

It’s part of what is making 2020 such a blast!

#14716 3 years ago

I have yet to hear about minimum wage earners demanding the Wendy’s dining room reopens so they can return to their shitty jobs.

I don’t see poultry plant workers begging for their unsafe plants to reopen.

These are not the people who are waving guns around at state houses. I’m not sure why those people insist on “speaking out” on these workers’ behalf. They didn’t ask for it. As far as I can tell then don’t want it.

#14720 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s kind of my point. Statistics and numbers don’t move the needle for most people. Heck, they’re now estimating 178k deaths by August 4, and you guys seem to shrug it off as meaningless.

Yeah if 100,000 dead isn’t gonna cause anybody to lose any sleep I don’t see why I should care that Chili’s is only doing curb side.

#14731 3 years ago

So if you can’t prove it, probably best to not say “It is a proven fact that hospitals are lying about Covid 19 deaths to get extra money.”
It seems like your MO is to throw an outrageous statement out there to stir the pot and then back off to a more reasonable position when called out on it. Maybe better to start off from the reasonable position and save us all some keystrokes?

Yes this is the whole “just asking questions” mantra of the conspiracy theorist.

“Just throwing things out there” and taking zero responsibility. Wonder where they learned that.

#14765 3 years ago

I’m not getting on a goddamn plane until I see it in writing that they are only selling every other row and no strangers seated directly next to one another.

Until then they can kiss my ass. Pretty disgusted by the aviation industry during this thing. Charge me for luggage fine whatever...but everyone who flies should be completely freaked out by what we’ve seen from them. Safety is supposed to be the #1 concern in aviation, and they obviously don’t care about it. The’ve been half assing this since Day 1 and they are STILL doing that, offering just token solutions like “snacks will come with a sanitizing wipe.”

Gimme something I can use.

How about “we will sell only 60 percent of the plane” or something like that? Something that actually makes sense and will make me feel safe, instead of just a sanitization version of that dumb pamphlet that’s supposed to make us feel better about the idea of a plane crash.

#14771 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Anyone out there getting agoraphobic? I am genuinely starting to fear about having to leave the house at this point.

A little. I’m getting fed up with the local bums and riff raff and I have lashed out at a couple occasions.

Not loving walking around my block lately. But straight up afraid to leave the house agora nah, I’m going out a bit everyday.

#14791 3 years ago

Freedom foundation?

It’s amazing what people think qualifies as “news links” around here.

They are a self-described biased political "think tank." Their “about us” statement would get them banned from this thread.

Not a news source. I'm inclined to agree with Gov. Inslee's take on them. ANd mind you this from the "Bullshit Foundation's" own web site:

"When asked about the Foundation’s report at a press conference Monday, Gov. Jay Inslee dismissed it as “dangerous,” “disgusting” and “malarkey.” He further accused the Freedom Foundation of “fanning these conspiracy claims from the planet Pluto” and not caring about the lives lost to COVID-19."

#14890 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

But hopefully this will make some of you happy. If I am in a place that requires masks I will wear one.

That's good.

#14917 3 years ago

This whole mask debate is a huge embarrassment for America.

Like...this is a once in a lifetime low point.

The world is pointing and laughing at us. It’s sad.

#14930 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

No, New York is the national embarrassment. Especially Cuomo and De Blasio. Oh and AOC how could I forget her she is amazing

Cute.

I’m starting to wonder if you are lying about the whole “I’ll wear a mask if they order me to” business. You don’t really seem to give a shit about any of your fellow Americans, and your primary focus seems to be in politicizing a public health crisis, and pretending science isn’t real to aid in scoring bumper sticker debate points rather than protecting your country.

A national embarrassment. History is going to be very unkind to us. We had a huge test, we had months to study for it, and yet we failed miserably.

#14942 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Gloves. I don't get them but they seem to be common in the US? Just seems like a hassle to me to take gloves on/off. Are people wearing them as a reminder?
Why not just use hand sanitiser? Every business here has it when you walk in, people have it in their cars and my office has got it all over the place (though not many people are around to use it).

I'm all in on team no-glove. They seem absolutely pointless.

My hands already have gloves, made out of skin. It's easier, cheaper, more eco-friendly, and just as effective to frequently wash/sanitize by hands rather than go through 10 pairs of blue gloves a day.

The most frequent rationale I hear is "yeah but it keeps me from touching my face." That's fine, makes sense if you are a chronic face toucher but I've actually been able to stay away from that without much trouble. I've already started conditioning myself to that after getting deathly ill after some pinball tournaments over the past few years.

#14987 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah, now the WHO and CDC are saying 2 different things on who and when you should wear masks, crazy.

Gotta go with The Who on this one. Won’t get fooled again!

#15012 3 years ago

See? We still partying in NYC! It’s not all virus and protesting.

https://www.kob.com/national-news/pop-up-bar-scene-tanning-salon-test-shutdown-rules-in-nyc/5745476/

84C75808-F7DE-4B9B-9D15-5CC33A77F949 (resized).jpeg84C75808-F7DE-4B9B-9D15-5CC33A77F949 (resized).jpeg

#15066 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

With the increased talk here about whether masks are effective, I thought I'd share these 2 images.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a hunch that anybody who isn't convinced by now - or just doesn't care - isn't going to have their mind swayed by chart/graph/graphic.

People made up their minds about whether or not they want to accept the reality of things months ago.

#15079 3 years ago

I’m a little worried about a spike coming from all of these rallies that are going on.

We stopped by a medium sized one tonight in Times Square. Everyone was wearing a mask, so that’s good. People were packed in pretty good but I think it will be a good public health experiment. Is there a noticeable spike, or are the numbers low enough and masks effective enough to mitigate? Guess we’ll find out.

I felt pretty comfortable in the crowd but we moved to the outskirts. It was weird being around so many people again.

#15088 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Wonder how much they will blow up the numbers with all the people not wearing masks and participating in the protests/riots??

Was there a noticeable spike in places like Michigan after the protests in government buildings there?

I’m also curious, but hopeful. Most of the protesters I’ve seen have been wearing masks. Cops too (shields). Among the arrested, who knows. I’m sure people lost masks and I doubt the police have provided replacements.

#15096 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The proper protocol is to wear a mask in combination with 6 foot social distancing. I see protesters shoulder to shoulder and in each others faces. I also wonder how effect a mask is with yelling and/or heavy breathing from physical exertion.
I will speculate people are removing their masks to catch their breath.
Its a legitimate protest that I support, but I'm worried about the Covid consequences along with hospitals becoming occupied with emergency injuries.

This is not a large rally and we were on the outskirts. But I don’t think you can find a single person in the photo not wearing a mask.

I’m also worried about it but it does appear that in NY at least people are trying to rally
Safe.

87690D76-2B0B-4F64-B62F-9544D8D836AA (resized).jpeg87690D76-2B0B-4F64-B62F-9544D8D836AA (resized).jpeg
#15098 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Only 4? When this shit got serious I panicked and bought 24 cases. 75 days later they're all gone and I just picked up 6 more flats

I’ve just gotten through my initial panic buy supply of chef boy r dee.

I didn’t need to panic buy booze as I’m always a booze prepper.

#15107 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just an update on this, I already have a new job! They’re letting me start in 6 weeks, so I can finish out my contract through June and take a few weeks off before I start. No pay cut, and I think I’ll have more opportunities to advance. In a weird way, the virus helped me. They had an open position, and said they might lose it if they didn’t fill it quickly. I was hired the same day as my interview, which was awesome. I slept great last night.

Nice work swamp!

#15143 3 years ago

Some good news out of NYC - zero COVID deaths yesterday. First time since March.

The public health decisions we made and enforced worked. If they had happened here - and everywhere - a couple weeks earlier I wonder if this would all be over by now.

#15183 3 years ago

Vegas without old people?!

Sounds like Logan’s Run.

#15265 3 years ago

So it’s “Phase 1” in NYC for whatever that means. So far I haven’t noticed a discernible difference.

Well except for one thing - tables and chairs on Sidewalks in front of restaurants. Doing very good business.

#15282 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

A very strong both sides argument. Maybe the strongest ever.
One was telling us to be extra careful, the other said don't worry about it.

Yes. The truth was in the middle!

Wait! No it wasn’t. One was true and one was a lie.

#15294 3 years ago

Yeah starting to think the stock market is just a parlor game for the rich that is pretty much unrelated to how the actual economy + average American is doing.

Kind of like the pinball hobby, when you think about it. Explains why pinball prices have RISEN, not dropped during this economic and health crisis.

#15295 3 years ago

Story on Sweden says their liberal approach to dealing with Covid was not a success. Interesting read and seems well sourced to me. Beyond that I’ll admit I know nothing of the National post and its political leanings:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/matt-gurney-sweden-took-a-gamble-on-covid-and-it-lost-the-bet-badly

#15334 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I should have turned and walked away---but I did not. I'm kicking myself.
My state has opened up. I went to a cafe for a particular dish of food.
The sign on the door essentially said (I'm paraphrasing) " The county says you cannot come into this establishment if you have Covid-19."
This was the first busy restaurant I have seen. It is blue collar clientele all the way. Old timers. I was able to keep a 6 foot diatance, but the shop was not doing anything special. All booths were in use. Seemed like old times.
It was stupid to go on in. I won't make that dumb mistake again. But it can be so easy to let your guard down.

I’m starting to venture out a bit. Had a couple
Friends over last night for an hour, we played some pinball. Had masks on,
Frequent hand washing. It seemed to go well. Was fun to play against someone by myself for a change.

A bunch of restaurants are cheating the phase 1 thing and setting up tables on the side walk. May get lunch with a couple friends today we’ll see how it goes.

#15403 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Tired of winning? Yes.
Do I want to lose our lead? Uh, no, I don't want that either.
Can we all join the same team and try to end this "game" ASAP?

Sure. We just need to fire the coach, GM, and the rest of the front office.

#15404 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Build hospital beds like they did in New York, which of course they didn't use.

Yeah being prepared is for losers.

Since you are constantly fixated on NYC, tell us how we are doing? Not sure if they are giving you updates on this on cable news, but seems to me our numbers are in excellent shape and trending downward...kind of the opposite of a bunch of other "don't give a fuck" states. Deaths and new cases WAY down...Texas had over twice as many new cases as we did yesterday.

And i just had a bunch of drinks and ate a burger on a patio with some friends on 9th avenue. We are reopening, and loving it! And we get to be smug about it because we did it THE RIGHT WAY and crushed the curve while you guys were partying like it was 2019.

#15411 3 years ago

Ha

When I polish off an entire bag of cool ranch tomorrow I’ll sing an oompa song about it after.

#15477 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Remember that Florida official that was in charge of the official Covid data tracking website who got fired for not massaging the data as requested? Well, she has set up her own website now to track the data and directly compete with the official website she originally designed.
Surprise surprise, her data diverges from the official data. Her picture is not nearly as rosy. A link to a story about it.
https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2020/06/12/there-now-dueling-data-covid-19-dashboards-florida/3176143001/

Pretty scary what they are doing there in Florida but not at all surprising.

2+2 = 5

#15513 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why? It's like the worst decade ever.
Even the last three months has been more real and relaxing than that stressed out, plastic period of time.

He was probably young in the 80s.

The 70s were also a shit decade, but you think they were “magical,” for the same reason.

When you are a kid, everything is magical. You have no job or responsibilities and your whole life is ahead of you. When you get old everything sucks. Except the decade you grew up in of course.

#15538 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

You heard it, winners! Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
seriously though R.I.P.

Yep...a whole decade of just saying no and he died anyway!

#15541 3 years ago

So who among us would sign up to join 20,000 other people to scream and spit in a packed arena?

I’m trying to think of what would be important enough to make me risk that this coming weekend. Maybe a Pink Floyd reunion?

Band would probably never do it though. No band wants to kill their own fans, and they’d get way too much blowback in the press.

Premature efforts to fill arenas falls in line with phase 4:

https://local.theonion.com/city-enters-phase-4-of-pretending-coronavirus-over-1844037065?utm_campaign=The+Onion&utm_content=1592238609&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR25GWkXVDRFBPeEBz1yltmfKZu19FToEFowH0pQ5CgLvdbQNVsz5C9e8Ss

#15542 3 years ago

I know we were all kind of over it - even the hardcores - but does this put the tired Hydrocloroquine hoax to bed forever?

FDA has revoked its certificate. Due to the uselessness and death and all.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/fda-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus/index.html

#15545 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

What is all the talk of "treatment"?
There seems to be differing stories everywhere. Prevention is a Very different thing than treatment. Unrelated stuff accidentally mixed together?. I thought they worked out this stuff increases mortality for Sufferers ages ago?
Is there any info on its effectiveness for Preventing people from Contracting of covid19?

It's apparently an effective drug for Malaria and Lupus sufferers.

It's apparently useless - and even harmful - for COVID sufferers, which is why FDA removed it's emergency use certificate.

I think most of realized that months ago but nice to see the FDA catch up.

#15552 3 years ago

Guys, hear me out.

If we stop testing for rona, there will be fewer cases of rona.

Worth a shot. I’m totally sick of this bullshit like everybody else.

#15601 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Did you really go back to a post I made 40 days ago!?
Must’ve really done a number on you.
sad...[quoted image]

You know what else is sad?

3,000 dead people in Florida. Covid is really doing a number on the sunshine state lately. And many others.

They reopened too early and too sloppy. Oklahoma is another one. So many states had a huge early advantage over places like New York, and they completely squandered it due to putting politics over human life.

#15627 3 years ago

If sounds like some of you are packing on the dreaded COVID - 19 (lbs)

I’ve managed to do ok. I think mostly because I’m still not eating out as much as before. Still mostly having lunch at home, and more often than not dinner whereas I used to eat out 3X a day.

#15635 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Your tax dollars at work.
" US stockpile stuck with 63 million doses of hydroxychloroquine."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/health/hydroxychloroquine-national-stockpile/index.html
"..many infectious disease experts, including those who've studied the drug for coronavirus, say there was never any evidence that the drug worked for the virus."

When idiocy is allowed to run unchecked it gets expensive.

#15636 3 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

The cases are rising, but to me it doesn't seem like the deaths are rising, which is great news. Am I looking at the data correctly? .

No, not really.

Deaths ARE rising, in over a dozen states, compared to a few weeks ago.

Cases are up. Deaths are up in many states.

America has failed to rise to the challenge, unlike many other countries who took it seriously and had a cohesive plan. And we are paying the price and will continue to pay the price. If we'd just done it the right way we'd ALL be coming out of it now, instead of it getting better in some places (New York) and worse in other places (Florida, Oklahoma, etc).

This is an opinion piece but it's built around the facts of COIVD trends in the U.S.:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/15/president-who-promised-put-america-first-instead-turned-us-into-this/

#15641 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Casino's generate a lot more tax revenue than arcades. I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

It's pretty ridiculous. If casinos are open so too should arcades and such.

#15668 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We are in the middle of Stupid Time, Stupid City, USA. We should feel better that we are down around 1000 dead per day??? That’s another 365,000 dead per year, at our low point!! And the numbers in huge states are skyrocketing. New York got its shit under control. Now it’s boiling over in the South and other huge populous states. Texas is headed for disaster in DFW and Houston at a minimum. I’m just at a loss for what’s acceptable. We get what we deserve in this ridiculous country. Lord.

On point. I couldn't even engage with the poster who tried to blame this on "slanted" news. We got 2 or 3 9/11 death tolls happening every week still and we are supposed to believe it's over? It's getting worse in many parts of the US and that's very troubling.

#15673 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

News is news. 2519 new cases in AZ today. 3207 new cases in FL today. 3516 new cases in TX today. CA? More than 4000. 121,407 dead in the US in 100 days. More US dead than the entirety of the decade-long Vietnam conflict and war. More US dead than in WW1.
News is facts. You don’t like facts? Tough shit. Now, are there channels that report 121,407 dead mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, grandmas and grandpas in a morose and sobering tone? Yep. Are there channels that report it as if the dead don’t matter? Yep. Are there channels worried about another 121,000 dying and reporting as if it’s a terrible omen? Yep. Are there channels reporting that all of science and logic and common sense is a lie so that your portofolios grow enough to make you happy so that you keep your cog in the wheel for the billionaires? Yep.
Pick your poison, but just because you don’t like facts doesn’t mean shit. Other than the rest of us have to step around you in the long, slow march back to humanity and sanity. Darwin will always win.

Yep. Tired of the assault on facts. Tired of the assault on “media.”

I think a lot of people are.

Just making up our own “facts” isn’t working any more. Not when 2020 is your reality.

#15681 3 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

Man, I don’t know where you get your news.. I assume CNN.. you don’t get that CNN’s Lemon and Cuomo encourage protestors (spreading the virus) and basically turn their heads to looting and violence on police.. on the other hand Fox’s Carlson and Hannity are constantly pushing for stronger police and military response to disturbances and encouraging attendance to tonights rally (spreading the virus). Most media sources in the US are biased one way or the other.. You want proof of the bias of cable news... sit back and flip channels tonight between CNN and Fox tonight and watch both spin the coverage of Trumps rally. It’ll be almost laughable. I miss real news.. not propaganda.

The free media is the only thing keeping our country different than places like Russia and China. Probably why so many people in charge want to get rid of it.

They’ve done a great job in the US during this pandemic and have saved countless lives. We are in bad shape, but without them, we’d be in worse shape than Brazil.

#15688 3 years ago

My girlfriend tested + for antibody. She’s
Visiting her mom so wanted both tests. - for big rona.

I guess that means me too but don’t think I’m gonna bother getting tested because it’s not gonna change my behavior any. Nobody seems to know what antibody means.

Meanwhile, I guess we don’t have to worry about any super spreading in Tulsa. Tiny “crowds.”

#15692 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Which test (brand) did she take?

No idea. She works for a major hospital and they are offering employees tests.

#15701 3 years ago

Wow, a leader of a major superpower said yesterday that their response to an increase in COVID cases was to tel their health officials to slow down testing.
Yeah, we could cure cancer by not doing any biopsies either I guess...

Pathetic but not surprising.

#15709 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got $5 that says it will be announced Disneyland will not be reopening July 17th by the end of the month.

The lunatics in Florida will open theirs right? Or is it too much liability.

NBA, baseball...it’s been an interesting dance in denial but I think it’s pretty clear those were just pipe dreams. NFL is in serious trouble as is college football, and people seem to be pretending they aren’t.

Pretty much every college football player tested positive this week.

I think our best bet for a while is the individual pseudo sports like racing, horses, golf etc. but this other stuff? I just don’t see it.

#15720 3 years ago

A mandatory mask order in Houston?

I have a hunch that will go over really well.

As a New Yorker, what can I say? Some cities are cut out for responding to a pandemic, some aren’t.

Meanwhile we enter phase 2 today. I hate eating on the sidewalk (bums/buses) but I may hit a retail store today. Very exciting.

#15759 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How a good chunk of Americans view being asked to wear a mask and to social distance. No wonder we are seeing cases spiking in 20+ states. A one month national lockdown back in April looks pretty good right now.
[quoted image]

Maybe we’ll give that a shot soon, since everything is falling apart. Although I have a hunch with the election 5 months away itlll never happen.

Some things are just more important than hundreds of thousands of American lives. That’s really the big takeaway from the pandemic here.

#15761 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Curious what medicine do you practice??? Knowing your credentials might help others in believing what you say.

Nobody has gotten too far in this thread being skeptical about dr. Gizzard. He’s the real deal, vouched for by the mods.

#15766 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Well, to be fair, I am not sure the mods got enough credentials in Health sciences to vouch for Dr. Gizzard's (or anyone else's) M.D. !

They haven’t revoked his license yet. He can’t be that bad of a doctor!

Del Monte just seems skeptical he should know that doc gizzard is an actual doctor.

Does he have the same credibility as some nobody with a YouTube account? Well, of course not! We all know randos on YouTube are the authority. Still, I like getting his perspective on things.

#15780 3 years ago

Yeah America remains old and obese.

Plenty of people left for the virus to kill. Millions in fact.

Seems we are dead set on finding out.

#15802 3 years ago

It would be very nice if “it’s hot out!” Is a cure for this.

Not looking too promising on that front.

#15815 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

That is nuts.
I am glad that Florida is a short drive for me to visit, but I could not live there. Illinois...hell no, the traffic and toll roads are the pits.
I do like Ohio, I used to go there all the time and hang out at Kings Island a little, and Cedar Point a lot.
I would not mind having a summer house close to Cedar Point and on the lake if I had the money.
In the meantime this is the first time in a lot of years that I have no plans to travel anywhere for a vacation.
Something back in October kicked my ass, and I tested negative for the flu at the time, and I do not want to chance feeling like that again.
I just hope I can take the boat to the lake a few times this year.
My girlfriend is sad we are not taking any trips, but she agrees with all the games and fun stuff here, we are fine not getting out for a long time.

Do some day trips places, maybe even over night, in driving distance. I’m starting to do stuff like that it’s a nice change up.

#15830 3 years ago

It’s official. One time “bright spot” of the pandemic Florida is an absolute shit show. I guess that’s what happens when you completely disregard science and public health.

Are they really gonna do a giant convention down there?! Seems like a bad idea.

#15834 3 years ago

Proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free!

To spread some fucking virus around so I can eat lunch at Applebee’s!

412C6759-F5D5-40C3-895F-55521AF85CC3 (resized).jpeg412C6759-F5D5-40C3-895F-55521AF85CC3 (resized).jpeg
#15855 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Meanwhile... NY is now issuing a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anybody that comes in with a license plate from several states that are now hot spots.
I guess they are still working on a plan on how to handle those with NY license plates coming back from places that became hot spots after they got there.
#WEDIDITRIGHT

LOL blaming New Yorkers on the idiocy of all these states who are blowing up right now?

That's complete bullshit and you know it. We didn't tell Florida to open their gyms.

I have no idea why my "we did it right" got your granny panties in such a bunch. We did it right. We shut down the place and destroyed the curve. Seems like everybody else did it wrong. You had MONTHS lead time and chose to let people go to the movies.

Seems like you've spent this entire pandemic getting drunk with friends and going to McDonald's so I'm not sure you really have any lessons to impart upon us on COVID safety.

#FILLETOFISH

#15884 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Pretty funny now that the shoe is on the other foot. I seem to remember Cuomo screaming bloody murder when Rhode Island was doing this to NY residents at the beginning of this crisis.

Funny isn't the word I'd use to describe the rising infection rate in all of these states. You think they would have learned their lessons. So yeah, "the shoe is on the other foot" and all these states are about to be ravaged by death and illness because they squandered a 4 month advantage that New York never had.

HAHA! That's so funny! Take that Cuomo!

Errr...ok

#15893 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Here is my question:
For years places of business have required shirts & shoes in order for you to shop or eat and everyone is basically OK with that. Over the past 10 years (give or take) smoking in public has been banned in more and more places and people are OK with that. If you want to drink alcohol or beer in public places in most areas you need to conceal what you are drinking and people are OK with that. Yet when the Department of Health asks you to wear a mask to help stop the spread of a deadly virus somehow they are taking away your rights?
Are people really getting this stupid?

Yes people are really getting this stupid. The big difference between this - and say, cigs and wearing shirts and shoes - is that certain idiots with lots of followers have decided to turn this into a political and ideological litmus test. The fact that it’s going to cost countless lives doesn’t really matter to them, all they care about are “optics” and division.

#15914 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

OAN and FoxNews and the Alex Joneses of the world are telling them that masks are government control mechanisms. And in a remarkable twist of irony, the prevailing argument from the crowd following the absolute morons, crisis profiteers, actors and grifters on those media platforms is that the rest of us are the lemmings that are blindly following the advice of dubious persons. Make no mistake, the most dangerous thing that the US has going for it these days is this: a full 35% of this country is stupid. And I mean really, really stupid. They want to believe they are oppressed, or that they know something the rest don't, or that there are vicious and evil actors controlling the media and the government and the AMA, etc... They want to believe these things because they are stupid and weak, and to acknowledge that there is randomness and unpredictability and chaos in the world would be too much for them to weather. No matter how insane and harebrained the theory is to the rest of us, to them it is just simply better than having to believe that something might just be going to shit because things go to shit. If I have a boogeyman to blame, at least I have something to justify my digging my heels in to hold onto my position and never evolve or think for myself.

Good rant. Tough but fair.

Here’s another one:

#15941 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For years now, my routine before leaving home would be to check my pockets for, 1, my phone and 2, my wallet. Step 3 has been added for my mask.

I have masks in every pair of shorts.

#15944 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Texas just shut the bars again. And cut back restaurant capacity. Abbott should take the word “never” out of his vocabulary and save himself the kind of headache that is coming from the hard stupid now.

Pretty shocked. It must be getting really bad down there for abbot and Lt. “All the grandmas I know want to die for the economy” gov. to finally reverse course Like that.

The good news is it’s really not that tough to fix, even now. Everybody just needs to stay home for a couple
Months.

#15963 3 years ago
A4F17366-907E-4890-95BD-CFFDD9F95BB9 (resized).jpegA4F17366-907E-4890-95BD-CFFDD9F95BB9 (resized).jpeg
#15964 3 years ago

Are we still trying to explain to people why this isn’t car crashes or the flu?

It honestly - 4 months into this - just seems like a waste of time. Some folks are beyond reason and are a lost cause. Hannity owns them now.

We are just gonna have to get past this despite them.

#16013 3 years ago

Embarrassing how badly we failed this test, over and over and over again. My faith in our ability to deal with any kind of an emergency is through the floor. We are just luckier this disease isn’t deadlier.

I mean...it seriously boggles the mind.

I mean here in New York we kinda got it under control but how long is that gonna last, what with the rest of the country on fire? Well I guess I’ll enjoy my outdoor dining while it lasts.

I know it’s whiny and repetitive.

I just wish we could all - once and for all - get on the same page with this. It’s the only way out.

#16033 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Both American and United Airlines have said they're going to fill their planes to 100%. One of the CEO's, I forget who, said "there's no way to social distance on a plane anyway." Makes no difference to me. I have no idea when I'll feel comfortable on a plane again.

Yeah I agree with this. Zero interest in flying anytime soon. I know I will have to eventually, I guess I'll pony up for first/business class and try to get a bulkhead seat. May rent a car at some point and make the drive to Florida...I mean, in a couple months if FLoirida gets its shit together.

#16045 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Um, yes there is.. the vast majority of dumb fucks who refuse to wear a mask due to "rights" are taking their cues from the dumbest fuck of them all who refuses to wear a mask.

It’s true. That’s the biggest single reason we can’t get on the same page on this. It really sucks.

#16065 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Colorado just gave notice to closed the bars again. Our state has been doing reasonably well compared to other states but we have had a rise in infections. I have friends taking a financial hit on all of this but I trust our governor and feel like he has a great understanding of what to do and isn't afraid to do it. Fingers crossed.

It seems like a prudent approach

#16119 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

This ass and his completely over-the-top and confrontational stance has pretty much guaranteed that there would be backlash against mask usage. He shut down parts of the state that had very few cases and almost no deaths and refused to let them open. As late as May, the number of counties that were still shut down and had 0-3 deaths is amazing. And the number of my customers that have gone out of business is frightening.
It is a double edged sword. If you’re too restrictive, esp just to prove a point, people balk at mask usage. Don’t antagonize them. Show them it’s in their interest and recommending and asking would probably get better results.

It seems like a single edge sword; if you lay it on seriously and go overboard, people get the message. If you downplay, dither, fuck Around, people don’t take it seriously and they underact. It’s pretty clear if we had all overreacted in March we’d be well ahead of the game now, rather than...we’ll whatever the f you want to call our current shit show.

I keep hearing about masks and testing being “double-edged swords.” Thats single edged bullshit, and 5 months into this everybody should realize that.

#16130 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I noticed an uptick in locals wearing face masks after Pence donned one. That was just a couple of days ago though. If we can get a certain individual to put on his Lone Ranger costume, maybe the rest will jump on board?

Better late than....uh no actually.

The refusal of certain people to refuse to wear masks and turn it into a culture war are literally helping to kill countless people.

That’s leadership!

#16204 3 years ago

Stop all this fussin and a fightin’ and join us for another ‘Rona Rockin set!

#16216 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

My life is complete now.

The kindest possible words !!

#16286 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

7204 morts par jour.....Doesn’t sound good in any language

How do you say “it’s just the flu” of “what about car crashes” in French?

#16333 3 years ago

Hydroxychloroquine is back?

Again?

WHY?!

Please let it stop.

#16361 3 years ago

Dammit!!

Figured I’d test positive for antibodies, since my girlfriend has.

I suppose either it’s a false negative, or she got a false positive, or she had it in February before we were spending as much time together.

Really wouldn’t have changed my behavior at all I was just looking forward to bragging about it.

Also that Brazilian pres is getting what he deserves. I would hope all national leaders who claim COVID is a hoax and do almost nothing to protect their citizens would also get it. Could help change policy for the better.

E04D70C4-F08E-41B5-9D94-F50FF57DE0AD (resized).jpegE04D70C4-F08E-41B5-9D94-F50FF57DE0AD (resized).jpeg
#16368 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Do you think she's going to search for a new, more "positive", boyfriend?

All signs point to yes!

#16449 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

In local right here news, I am still staying put as much as I can, and I wear a mask if I do have to go out.
And this is working great!
Last year I had to go to the doctor a few times, the worst was flu-like last October.
This year since I have been careful, I have never had any kind of sickness.
(saving me a ton of money also not eating out, or going to the beach, or any kind of travel).

Me too. Had my annual horrible cold / flu / whatever in October and healthy as a horse since. I may move into a plastic bubble it’s nice not getting sick 5 times a year.

#16467 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't care what "a lot of people are saying." I want to know what "the scientists with relevant expertise who are actually studying this thing" are saying. Precious few of them are saying anything along the lines of what you posted.

A lot of people are idiots.

#16480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Maybe lend them your bootstraps so they can pull themselves up. Simple solution for simple minds. DeWine is doing a heck of a job btw.

He’s probably been the best gov during this whole thing.

#16515 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

So now that everyone has helped you with the math part, are you scared or not?

Perhaps a retreat into “it’s just the flu” territory is in order for pickle.

#16565 3 years ago

Can’t we all just get on the same fucking page on this already? It’s criminally ridiculous.

It’s so simple. We can take care of this in a month.

#16592 3 years ago

Congrats Arizona and Texas!

Remember those refrigerator morgue trucks certain people like to make fun of NYC for needing months ago?

They are down southwest now. Welcome to the Party.

#16593 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm considering wearing a mask as a lifestyle going forward, virus or not. I know its more for protecting others but it does provided some defense for the wearer. I'll likely modify my use with it as things progress but hand shaking is over-with for me.

You could be on to something. Together with a few friends? I don’t think so.

Future pinball tournaments/shows and things like? I just might. I get 3-5 horrible colds / flu a year. Since October I’ve been healthy as a horse. Avoiding the germs of the masses seems to help.

#16600 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's an excellent question. You would think one of the wealthiest countries in the world with such a robust health care system would have done an amazing job of handling the virus. Instead, we are a complete laughing stock. Unfortunately, I can't properly answer your question without getting into politics.

I don’t think it’s political to say there’s been inconsistent messaging, a priority for appearances over the public Health, and most importantly, no cohesive, national plan for deal with this.

It’s a national embarrassment. I don’t think it’s too late to pull out of this with proper action but so far not much reason to be optimistic that this will happen.

#16643 3 years ago

It’s painful how this plays out.

The “covid is a hoax / we can’t live In fear” crowd does something stupid; like eschewing masks, or opening entire states of opening Disney world and pretending it’s all normal.

A week later nothing bad has happened.

“See?!”

2 weeks later cases rise dramatically.

“But what about the death rate?! Clearly it’s just more testing. For 99.5 percent of all people It’s harmless!”

A week later deaths shoot up.

Another week later the refrigerated morgue trucks roll in.

Can we just stop this sick merry go round already and get on the same page? Why are we doing this to ourselves?

Science isn’t a religion. It’s not political. It’s the culmination of centuries of all humans have learned. It’s what separates us from the cavemen.

Get with it people. Please. Before you kill my parents.

It’s all so predictable. Because of science. Yet we ignore it because of cable news and internet memes.

#16648 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The "we don't care if it's a hoax or not, it is our right as Americans to protest in the street" crew really didn't help the situation we are in now either.
And I guess the price of admission at Disneyworld has or will soon go up.

You Love saying this but I don’t buy it. We’ve had 6 weeks worth of protests here in nyc - literally hundreds - but our numbers remain down. Protesters are outside and for the most part wearing masks.

The dramatic rises are happening in states that explicitly decided to reopen early. There’s a direct correlation there and it has little to do with the protests.

And that’s before taking in account the apples and oranges comparison of taking part in a once in a lifetime social movement vs. dinner at Applebee’s; that’s a conversation for another time and another place - but regardless, there’s little evidence it’s the social movement that’s driving increased numbers. Why didn’t this huge rise happen a month and a half ago (when the protests were at their strongest) rather than a week ago?

#16683 3 years ago

I’m not surprised at the smear campaign against Fauci, but it won’t work.

They’ve done miniature versions of this several times already, and it always backfires. People trust him, for good reason.

#16687 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Actually it seems that the protests minimally spread covid because most of them wore masks. While the white protesters in Michigan spread it everywhere because they didn't wear them. NY is one of the few places not seeing huge bumps and they have had weeks of protests.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-lessons-from-large-protests.html

Odin refuses to believe this despite no evidence to the contrary. I’d accuse him of having an agenda, but we all know he is a one issue voter:

He’s in the pocket of big fillet o’ fish.

#16707 3 years ago

Can I raise a practical question at this point:

Is chuck Woolery going to be the new head of the CDC?

#16709 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I wonder how many times he now wants to just say, "Fuck it! I'm done."
Seriously. The very people how hired you and you work for, won't listen to a word you have to say.

He works for the American people, one of the few who seems to remember that. I don’t think he’ll quit, he’ll continue to get marginalized and slimed but I think he’ll be able to still get his message across to those who are listening.

#16793 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Excusing the Bias, will the data we have seen now be "filtered"?
Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/coronavirus-data-trump-cdc.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Wow.

Every day is more insane than the last.

I can’t be the only one who has a feeling we are suddenly going to see a dramatic drop in cases.

It’ll be almost as if a miracle.

#16821 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Walmart to require masks.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/business/walmart-masks/index.html
"To help bring consistency across stores and clubs, we will require all shoppers to wear a face covering starting Monday, July 20. This will give us time to inform customers and members of the changes, post signage and train associates on the new protocols," the company said."

This is going to result in hundreds of amazing “Karen” and “ken” videos. Hopefully nobody gets shot.

Wal Mart nation is not prepared for this shit. Good luck is all I can say.

#16823 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

43 yr old Dude stabbed a 77yr old because the geriatric yelled at him for disobeying state mask law.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/us/michigan-mask-dispute-death-trnd/index.html

Imagine stabbing someone and getting yourself killed over this. Who would have thought Idiocracy was too conservative in its predictions?

There are things worth dying for. There are even things worth killing for I suppose.

Not wanting to wear a mask isn't one of those things.

#16831 3 years ago

Fauci pushes back hard against the disgusting and counterproductive smear campaign against him. Great interview that lays waste to the “opposition research” being conducted.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/07/trump-fauci-coronavirus-pandemic-oppo/614224/

#16832 3 years ago

That I can actually imagine. Those things are delicious.

#16849 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We have arrived. 140,003 deaths in the U.S.
140,000 was the number predicted several weeks ago.
Where do we go from here?

[quoted image]

I think it’s pretty clear that with our current path we will be losing 500-1000 Americans a day. There are no signs that will change, indefinitely. Unless we have a complete change in our thinking and approach.

#16869 3 years ago

Yeah we need to build a wall. We spent months in the Empire State setting an example for the rest of the country - which they ignored - and they wanna come here and reinfect us?

No way!! Keep Ohio OUT of New York please!

And really, to be fair, Ohio should pay for the wall.

(actually Ohio's gov. did a pretty good job. Not his fault people didn't listen)

#16882 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Can you guys build a wall along the entire Canadian border as well please? We do not want what you guys have. Some of the leadership down there couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. What a bloody disgrace.

Build your own wall!!!

Damn Canadians want everything done for ‘em!

#16924 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My wife is a school librarian, so both her and my kids are going to be faced with the prospect of returning to school next month. My wife is scared out of her mind. I tried to explain to her that the statistics are in our favor, even if we catch the virus, but it didn't make her feel any better. I just wish our country had a better handle on things and we weren't in this situation right now.

I’m all out of wishes. It’s pretty clear it’s “every person for themself” when dealing with this now. It sucks.

#16942 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It could be worse. At least your governor isn't actively undermining the ability for local municipalities to pass mask mandates ...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/georgia-mayors-kemp-mask-order/index.html

I’ll quote george w bush “this is some crazy shit.”

#16985 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The numbers show the US is response to the pandemic has been the worst in the world. We broke single-day records for new cases at least 9 times in this month. The White House wants all reporting to go directly to them instead of the CDC. Now they are trying to eliminate billions from a relief proposal and from testing...yes, testing. Denying or downplaying it’s happening, embracing conspiracy theories while playing golf has not worked at this point. It’s time to flip the dip switch from “Read-ONLY” to “WRITE” and start learn like other countries have done months ago.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah the movement to defund covid testing is as insane as it is predictable.

Every day is worse than the next. We need a dramatic change of course.

#17016 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You think NY got their numbers down by letting it run its coarse?? My friends and family that live in NY would strongly disagree.

It was hard work. Determination. Following science. And GENERALLY (sorry Ohio guys / haters) good decisions made by our leadership.

Model for success that half the country is completely ignoring due to politics. Shameful.

#17020 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hadn't seen much on covid in India recently, and it still seems to me like they're uniquely situated to have a terrible time controlling it. Sadly appears to be the case, 40k new diagnoses yesterday and they've now topped 1 million total cases, joining Brazil and the US atop the leaderboards.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/asia/india-coronavirus-one-million-data-intl-hnk/index.html

It’s all very grim. Back in the AIDS days the lgbt community called the times / San Fran chronicle obits “the gay sports pages.”

In some places, the obits are now the Covid Sports Pages.

#17027 3 years ago

I have zero idea if this true. And I could probably spend 30 seconds googling it to find out.

But ain’t the beauty of memes?

Anyway, it sure seems like it would be true.

4D570CCD-14E2-4D73-A1BA-77059E1F465F (resized).jpeg4D570CCD-14E2-4D73-A1BA-77059E1F465F (resized).jpeg

#17060 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heard through my brother, of a family friend in NY, 34, who recovered at the end of April, from a milder, flu like battle with Covid.
May and June, he is fine. Now, he had trouble breathing over the weekend.
Xrays showed scarring, like a smoker, or hazardous worker. They are checking out all his organs now.
He believes there is heart damage too. He gets winded, and chest pain from stairs, and his family shares, he is like an 80 year old wheezing right now.
Sure , its rare, but it is happening.
We still dont know so much.

I would be just as happy to never catch this disease, regardless of the odds of survival or permanent injury.

Moving to an apartment twice the size this month in the same neighborhood. Since we are spending most our time at home why not have some room?

The nyc apartment market is softer than I’ve ever seen it. We are paying $2750 for a 1000 square foot apartment that would have gone for $3800 last year. No broker fee either which is a reversal of the norm (saved us another $3,000).

Look at this fucking palatial estate!!!

There are still people who don’t get it, but I think it’s fewer and fewer every day. This is the most dramatic disruption in America’s daily life since World War II. Its the biggest self-inflicted disaster in the history of this country, that’s for sure. We have failed our greatest test in generations, and in huge swaths of the country we continue to fail harder daily.

But hey at least I got a sweet new pad out of it.

#17074 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Damn - that's a lot of apartment for $2750. Can they just put the price back to $3800 in twelve months or are you somehow protected from that?

It’s fucking rent stabilized/preferential rent too. With current trends they will be limited to 0-2 percent increases annually.

In 10 years someone will pay us $100k to leave this place

Nancy current working on her landlord to get a cash payout to leave HER current rent stabilized place downtown. They offered her $30k a year ago maybe that’s still in play.

I’m being generous with my landlord on MY rent stablaized. Not asking for cash just breaking the lease. I can’t imagine they’ll give me any trouble
I’m paying $1850 and my next door neighbor in identical apartment paying $2400. They’ll be thrilled to have me gone.

#17095 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

So she gets to live with you and $30k. My god, she the luckiest woman alive!!!

Some gals have l the luck!

#17112 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

1,000 sq ft is palatial?
New yorker's really have a different perspective ......

Well as much as I'd love a charming Baltimore style row house here I don't have $8 million laying around

#17128 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Jeez. Around here, $1500.00 will get you a house with a driveway and a garage. And room for all of your pinball machines
What I want to know is this: For that kind of rent, what floor/flight will you be living on (what kind of view, you know) and do you get an elevator ?

That’s an even more
Awesome part. Building is 100 year old tenement just like my current one (120 years old).

But it’s second floor so only
One flight of stairs. AND my downstairs neighbor is a frame shop so for once in my life I can plop my sweet vintage advents speaker on the floor without bothering anybody. Everything about this place is awesome
I’m so fucking psyched.

View is nice too more old buildings across the street and windows in front and back do plenty of daylight and nice view of 9th Avenue and the sky.

They gave us the keys early.
F8451F50-786B-4385-A5B3-DFFC5D541CDD (resized).jpegF8451F50-786B-4385-A5B3-DFFC5D541CDD (resized).jpeg

#17157 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

And then one day, poof! Like a miracle the Earth will disappear. Engulfed by the Sun. It will disappear. It will disappear though. I’m very right about that.

Eventually you’ll be right.

#17187 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/southwest-airlines-facemasks-no-exceptions/507-e3b63bb9-aca8-4780-b265-58b050d220aa?fbclid=IwAR0ddGRFOUiBawsmLKWnEMMt6y5vznkRi1WRy-X1VqzwW6msnkiJStWcv_s
"Southwest Airlines on Wednesday announced what is arguably the most restrictive rule yet on face coverings: all passengers over the age of two must wear one -- no exceptions."

That’s still not enough to get me on a plane. I imagine it will be a very long time for me. I do not trust the aviation industry.

#17188 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Don’t get me wrong, I am very pro vaccine in general but I am very concerned about mass use of inadequately tested vaccines.

As you should be.

There’s going to be a YUGE push to get SOMETHING out by October. Whether or not it’s gonna turn us all into I Am Legend zombies is not gonna be a top concern for some folks unfortunately.

#17243 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For anyone else working remote due to Covid do you think you will be back in the office by the end of summer (or already back), or not until sometime next year? Been working remote here since early March.

I am 100 percent sure we won't be back this year. Fine with me. I hope we never go back.

#17249 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cycling this picture around is as stupid as people people taking video stills as examples of what people look like. Trying to have a 'gotcha' moment while ignoring everything around it.
Like sitting next to your wife and friend ... in an otherwise EMPTY ballpark...

Yeah I just don't understand this CONSTANT and pointless urge to work some kind of an angle on Dr Fauci.

If I were at an empty ballpark with three people I spend a lot of time with I wouldn't be wearing a mask either.

Glad to see Dr. Fauci's critics are such sticklers for consistency (eye roll) and demand it from all their public officials (triple eye roll).

This fight is over in case you hadn't noticed - it's official, no matter what your general point of view; masks are good.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

#17253 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Not abiding with the social distancing 6 foot rule either. Funny how they want us to follow this , but they cannot even mirror it themselves. Empty BallPark , plenty of seats .[quoted image]

You are right that is super funny.

You should probably not wear masks. After all look at Fauci!

#17294 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Nascar, hopefully basketball, golf. Is Earl Anthony still bowling?

Don’t forget horse racing!!

#17341 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You seriously can't spot the poltiical propoganda going on here?
Look into this 'americas frontline doctors' group - It doesn't exist! It's a name made up to project a sense of authority - and why all the doctors were wearing labcoats with it's logo proudly on it.
It's a name registered just two weeks ago
Domain Name: AMERICASFRONTLINEDOCTORS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2546369396_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://www.tucows.com
Updated Date: 2020-07-16T01:27:54Z
Creation Date: 2020-07-16T01:27:49Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-07-16T01:27:49Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
It's a 'summit' under that name organized by the Tea Party Patriots.
The 'leader' is Simone Gold, MD - Look her up... she's been campaigning against the shutdowns and pumping that drug since april.
Breitbart even TOLD you who was behind the event -
"The purpose of the two day summit, organized by the Tea Party Patriots, is to allow “frontline doctors [the ability to] talk directly to the American people.” Topics to be discussed include the reopening of America’s schools, “medical cancel culture,” and the public policy."
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/07/27/watch-live-frontline-physicians-aim-to-dispel-massive-covid-19-disinformation-campaign/
When they went live... TWO sites were pumping this... breitbart and teapartypatriots.
This whole thing is political propaganda... and yet even when the information is under your nose people refuse to look at it.

Amazing and disgusting how people
Let themselves get played like this.

#17354 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Sounds as though you are in favor of facial recognition,,,
I don't support those that may be harming others, but I'm definitely more afraid of AI and dark government than I am the latest threat, soon to be followed by another, and another.
Seems as though we are governed by fear. Look how much freedom the US lost in September of 2001, and consequently, much of the world.
I'd rather people just speak up and confront those non mask people "face to face" rather than go the safe internet route. Especially if anonymous
Ok, offand of my soap box.
Who has a projected end date to all of this?

It'll be over once Billy Gates gets us all injected with the vaccine id ...
[quoted image]

To answer your question, I don’t think things start to turn around until January. Until then things will just continue to suck ass.

#17359 3 years ago

Demon Sperm? Alien DNA?

Of course. Demon Sperm.

These are the minds shaping our public policy in 2020. If you spread her nonsense around, you are willingly contributing to making our country stupider and prolonging this pandemic.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

#17367 3 years ago

Yay, another crackpot rolled out in front of the masses to fire up the radical right.
She said she practices at “Rehoboth Medical Center” in Houston which sure sounds an awful lot like a hospital....Google to the rescue:
[quoted image]
It’s a freaking strip mall with her faith healing center next door.
Seriously, this woman says that uterine fibroids are caused by dream sex with demons. Not even kidding.
THIS is the doctor they want to put in front of a camera????
I’m actually a center right voter but this crap is getting ridiculous.
Man, I need a drink tonight.

You mean I can get my sperm tested for traces of Demon and get some shitty off-brand furniture in the same trip?

SIGN ME UP! America rules so hard right now.

#17380 3 years ago

Trust me...the following information shocked and amazed me just as much as it will to you.

The Demon Sperm lady runs Fire Power Ministries!

FIREPOWER! Where do I sign up?

"In a news conference Tuesday, Trump addressed the video, saying: “I think they’re very respected doctors. There was a woman who was spectacular.” He did not specify which woman. He added of hydroxychloroquine, “I happen to think it works in the early stages.”

When asked directly about Immanuel and why he might trust someone who believes that alien DNA is used in modern medicine, Trump responded: “I thought she was very impressive, in the sense that, from where she came — I don’t know what country she comes from — but she said that she’s had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients. I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her.”
AD

Immanuel, a registered physician in Texas, was born in Cameroon. Along with her medical clinic, she runs a church called Fire Power Ministries."

#17419 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

You are attacking an honest question. I understand that the flu is not the same (see my reference to SARS snakes rats). I do not understand how influenza gets transmitted apparently. I did do a quick search and found this though:
Flu / Contagiousness
Contagious
Partly preventable by vaccine.
HOW IT SPREADS
By airborne respiratory droplets (coughs or sneezes).
By skin-to-skin contact (handshakes or hugs).
By saliva (kissing or shared drinks).
By touching a contaminated surface (blanket or doorknob).
So, I don't know, I guess I'm just really dumb, but seems as though masks and alcohol sanitizer would certainly help. But im probably just "full of shit" as you say.

The problem is the constant comparing of "the flu" to COIVD. We all know why this happened and who's fault it is. Six months into this there's no excuse to be asking that question/making that comparison. We should ALL know better by now, even one-time deniers or "this is just a flu" types.

THe fact is if you REALLY don't want to catch the flu, wear a mask during flu season. ANd yes, if we all wore masks all the time, nobody would get the flu, either, so it's really up to you. PErsonally, I can see this mask thing becoming a full time deal. I don't see why I'd go to Pinburgh and get sick like I do every single year if I can wear a mask and possibly help it. The more people wearing masks at the next pinburgh, the less likely I'll be to get the flu.

#17425 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Putting aside politics, what exactly is it about Americans that makes us so unconcerned about others? Are we just assholes?

Yes, that is certainly a huge part of it.

One part of it is the lie of "American exceptionalism." We've all convinced ourselves we are the best in the world at everything. We are the best in the world at not catching this dumb disease so why do we need masks? We also consume more garbage media propaganda than anybody on earth. Basically, we bullshit ourselves all the time about how we are the best people in the world, and we eagerly consume an unparalled amount of bullshit.

You see the results. SHouldn't be a surprise that it's bullshit!

#17432 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure if anyone on here mails stuff out a lot (I certainly do), but the prices have skyrocketed since the pandemic started. I found this to be funny...and maybe a little too truthful.
[quoted image]

I still woulda sprung for the two-day. I want my shit now!

#17456 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I hate to contradict you but wearing a mask all the time will not prevent the flu or Covid. Have you seen China in the last 10 years? Everyone wears a mask all the time. You are more likely to get any disease from touching a railing or handle than from someone coughing on you.

I’m also planning on backing it up with daily doses of hydroxy and demon sperm.

Can’t hurt, right?

#17511 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Vitamin D is cheaper than hydroxychloroquine and has fewer side-effects.
I wonder why we're not hearing about Vitamin D at press briefings or Brietbart-sponsored publicity stunts?

Because its proponents just aren’t batshit crazy enough I would
Guess.

#17531 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

One of my ding dong relatives found another link and posted it again. I listened to a bit more of it, but couldn't make it through the whole thing. One of the "docs" insists it's OK to send your kids back to school. The mortality rate for children is only 1/5th of 1% he says. In my county that would be ~126 kids. What parent would be OK with that? But these people don't do the math. They just hear 1/5th of 1% and it sounds like nothing.

All of this dumb math reminds of what a senator had to tell Gen. Westmorland when he bragged that "we are killing 10 vietnamese to one US marine."

"General, the American people don't care about the 10. They only care about the 1."

I've brought Vietnam up many times in this thread over the months and it's not to be flippant; I genuinely and repeatedly see so many parallels between our disastrous involvement in Vietnam and our disastrous response to COIVD. It all stems from a similar arrogance but there are tons of other similarities, and new ones every day. We are fighting the wrong kind of war with the wrong tactics and it is unwinnable with our current strategy.

#17560 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So what happens when you send the kids off to school? Are mom and dad going to be at risk every evening when Johnny and Susie get home from school?

It doesn’t make sense to send kids to school and everybody without an agenda knows it.

Like everything else about this botched, forced reopening, it will be a disastrous failure that sets us back months.

#17589 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It just goes to show how quickly things can escalate even in a region that previously had a handle on things. This virus is so damn contagious that as soon as you show even the slightest bit of complacency, it is ready to pounce.

It really is shocking.

But hey let’s play some baseball!

#17613 3 years ago

I love when people hear about something In the media and then say “why isn’t the media covering this?!”

Err...

#17646 3 years ago

Seems we have this all well in hand and it’s totally under control.

#17663 3 years ago

Great. Now just get the entire NFL into a bubble for 3 months and Ill be happy.

#17680 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Mississippi school (Corinth). One week open. 6 new positive cases. 116+ students and staff now in quarantine.
One. Week.
https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/more-students-faculty-an-ms-school-district-test-positive-covid-19/LNDW5O3FPBDPXOK4WV5OILSBVM/

Yeah but how many of these kids would suicide in a cornfield without being at school?!?!?!

#17685 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

ONE was too many.
gueempose is correct, none of this really matters if the general public isn't committed to safe behavior OUTSIDE the school.

Care to provide a link to cornfield suicide story? Cause if it’s this one you shouldn’t be blaming It on sensible public policy; there’s zero evidence of that.

I agree any suicide is too many. That doesn’t mean you can just blame not being at school. Especially in the middle of the summer when there’s no school anyway.

Seems kind of low if people are using this to push a “go back to school” agenda. Her heartbreaking suicide note didn’t say anything about opening schools or the economy against good public policy and for the benefit of certain politicians.

“Mom, I just can’t do it. Bye.”

Is this the nonsense floating around Fox News these days? Despicable.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/10/girl-10-left-mother-heartbreaking-suicide-note-before-killing-field-12973406/

#17703 3 years ago

A 10-year old gets relocated to a new area, schools closed 2 weeks later, and she's forced to stay home alone. She commits suicide, saying "I can't do it any more."
Go ahead and spin the death any way that fits your own narrative, I guess. I believe this:
Had she been in-school and making friends, this wouldn't have happened.
My own children (girls, aged 14 and 13) have both expressed their own feelings of severe depression the past 5 months. They're sad, and they miss their friends.

You are “spinning” this story, not me. You took a story and changed it around to suit your point - total spin. I reported what actually happened (you know, facts) - but you invented your own narrative to suit your argument.

Just awful. I can’t believe this girl’s suicide is being used as a political talking point. There’s zero evidence - NONE - backing up your “lockdown caused her suicide” theory. Please Stop spreading it.

I hate this “but they’ll suicide!” Argument. It’s so cynical and a total fallacy. Remember when they were telling us there would be mass suicides if we didn’t reopen the economy?

Please stop it. We need to base our policy on science and health, not on fear mongering And fallacy anecdotes about mass suicides.

#17729 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So you support these moves? That is ok. Some people do.
Most people desire freedom. There can be a healthy mix without destroying the 1st Amendment. Cutting off Utilities is not the answer..

It's actually the perfect answer.

When my sister and brother in law had their first house, in Baltimore, their upstairs neighbors were obnoxious college students who threw parties. My brother in law discovered the fuse box in his apartment. Whenever a party ran too long, they'd just cut the power, and the party was over. 20 minutes later after everybody had left they'd put it back on.

The idiots upstairs never figured it out lol.

So yeah, for these morons renting houses and throwing huge parties - in violation of local mandates - it's actually a clever and perfect solution. I wasn't aware the "first amendment" granted you unfettered use of electricity, but I guess I'm not up on my consitutional studies.

#17757 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sturgis is an interesting predicament..
Without the bike rally, a lot of the town would basically go broke. Many businesses rely on the rally for most of their income, it's the Christmas of Sturgis. The residents don't want the virus brought to town, but they also don't want economic devastation.
Best bet is for the locals to just lay in supplies and ride out the rally at home, and let the businesses do what they must. If the bikers are going to spread it amongst themselves, they do so knowing the risks.

60 percent of the townspeople of sturgis surveyed said they wanted the city to cancel the event this year.

That’s democracy in action as usual.

#17764 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The lay of the land
-------------------------------
Say what you will, but nobody can be blaming the spread of COVID on New York. New York and Cuomo stepped down hard and got COVID somewhat under control.
The other states with different styles of leadership are paying a price.
New York
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Texas
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Florida
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Georgia
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The U.S.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Fact.

And there are STILL people
Saying “oh yeah? Well why does New York lead in deaths?!” As if it’s our fault.

We had zero warning and no head start and were blasted by 3 international airports and the largest, densest population in the country. And we still stomped the curve, relatively quickly.

You simply can’t compare it to the rest of the country, who had a THREE MONTH head start and still managed to blow it. No excuse at all, and no comparison. If the rest of the country reacted at the same time in the same fashion this would be over by now. And no “har har har what about nursing homes lol lol” changes that.

#17773 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

In all fairness, what's Sturgis supposed to do? Seems like bikers are going to show up no matter what anyone says.

They could cancel it. Instead they just rolled out the red carpet like every year, despite the wishes of 60 percent of the citizens of Sturgis. If they had officially canceled it a month ago and forced all events to cancel, 250,000 people wouldn’t be streaming into town now. Of course you’d have some stragglers but there wouldn’t be 100,000 people
Rocking out to The Guess Who right now.

Some of that “we losing our freedoms!!” Stuff that Phil Lee is going on about. Forcing a super spreading event on a small town that doesn’t want it in favor of some money seems like a pretty bad violation of personal freedoms!

#17778 3 years ago

I have masks in every pocket I own at this point so it doesn’t happen.

Not so much with sanitizer but honestly I’m caring less and less if I forget to bring it. It’s everywhere anyway and I’m long broken of any face touching habits.

#17822 3 years ago

B1G 10 just cancelled the 2020-2021 football season. What the hell.

ACC will be next, unless Dabo Sweeney has all the say now.

#17848 3 years ago

Hahaha when everybody else cancels, that's what you get. That's what you deserve for going to this event.

#17891 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well on the bright side, at least pinside has managed to keep us quarantined here and not out infecting all the other threads.

The band of the banned always seems to show up in other threads to remind us why they aren’t here anymore.

#17892 3 years ago

Mainstream media: virus death toll 60,000 higher than reported

“ Across the United States, at least 200,000 more people have died than usual since March, according to a New York Times analysis of estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This is about 60,000 higher than the number of deaths that have been directly linked to the coronavirus.

As the pandemic has moved south and west from its epicenter in New York City, so have the unusual patterns in deaths from all causes. That suggests that the official death counts may be substantially underestimating the overall effects of the virus, as people die from the virus as well as by other causes linked to the pandemic.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/08/12/us/covid-deaths-us.html

Non mainstream media: demon sperm.

I don’t know guys I gotta go with mainstream

#17969 3 years ago

Hey guys we can shut this thread down now all the covid experts Are over in the “pinball bar death” threads.

Spoiler alert: turns out covid is a hoax.

#17977 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Meet the new covid cure-all.
https://www.axios.com/trump-covid-oleandrin-9896f570-6cd8-4919-af3a-65ebad113d41.html
Being hyped up by MY Pillow guy. Total coincidence, but he has a financial stake in the supplement company.

Why is seeking out and promoting quack cures for rona so attractive to some people? Seems like time and resources would be better spent actually trying to combat this pandemic.

#18032 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For those of you who think CNN is worthless rag, this time I must agree with you; Unless Crazy Levi gives us his blessing by buying an airline ticket. This article looks like "paid for" trash, probably paid for by the airlines.
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/odds-catching-covid-19-flight-wellness-scn/index.html
What say you, Levi? Are you going flying?

Lol no time soon that’s for sure.

And there’s Really nowhere I want to go at the moment. New York State seems to be the best place for me right now. I just went on a weeklong vacation in Woodstock, bethel, and Saugerties and it was very relaxing. In addition to the cute towns, waterfalls, gorgeous swimming hole, and generally beautiful scenery and charming surroundings, we never had to deal with mask rebel morons or any of the other bullshit I’m sure to experience if I leave the state. People just managed to wear a mask when they were indoors around people. IMAGINE!! Also, we saw a bear!

I admit I would love to go to Europe, but that’s not exactly an option anymore since Americans are banned from everywhere. Awesome!

#18114 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

What is going to happen to HALLOWEEN?
Will parents let their kids go to strange homes to Trick or Treat? Has your local community discussed this yet? Do you think it will be cancelled, or down sized?
It is easy to get the single wrapped candies out of the bag, but more difficult to get the candies out of the door bowl, without touching the candies, with or without gloves.
BAM! That should create some further posts.

In theory it should be EASY to do Halloween - everybody just wear masks and have fun. I mean many will have masks on anyway. Grown ups in the neighborhood who give out candy just need to wear their masks, and boom! Halloween. Simple right?

The problem - and you all know it - is that your kids will be visiting dozens of homes occupied by mask hoaxers who will gleefully expose your kids to their spit and then post about it on Facebook to show they are doing their part to defend freedom.

SHould probably cancel Halloween this year. It'll just be another of the dozens of things we can't get on the same page about.

#18199 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Oh hey would you look at that. Turns out is was conspiracy drivel, false information, chrizg was spouting.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/twitter-removes-trump-tweet-false-coronavirus-statistics/

Are we going to need to start affixing q anon disclaimers whenever someone reposts this ridiculous bullshit here?

Seems like one Q leaves another one shows up. Not really in keeping with their “where one goes all goes mantra but still annoying.

#18283 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ugly people are having a great 2020.

It’s also nice not having to fake smile, ever.

1 week later
#18421 3 years ago

So while we are spending 2 pages laughably trying to compare mask-wearing outdoor protestors engaging in a once-in-a-generation social movement to 1,500 maskless fat pleasure seekers hanging out inside a giant music club...

Are we just going to pretend that everybody here parroting "it's just the flu!" since February weren't happily gobbling up and mindlessly repeating lies and misinformation from people they trusted? It's been proven.

#18458 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder if some of the anti mask people will begin to wear one now that it has been proven that World leaders lied to the public to down play the severity of the virus. It’s pretty hard to deny the facts now.
The audio tapes tell us the truth

2 + 2 = 5.

#18547 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Went to macro trends website. It says in big bold letters:
Note all 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus

Lmao

These guys always being the highest standards of research when it comes to covid denial.

It must be tiring trying so hard to prove something that is clearly wrong. Why not just give in and admit it’s not a hoax? It’ll be so much easier, AND you won’t be killing people by spreading brietbart lies and misinformation.

Try it out! You just might like it.

#18563 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Awwww that’s the best y’all can do? Bring on the heat. I’ll make some s’mores with it.

So you aren't the least bit embarrassed that you saw a link on Breitbart or americanpatriot.org or some other garbage site, cut and pasted it without reading a word, and put a quarter in your ass cause you played yourself?

This is a problem.

This kind of misinformation and lies have been literally killing people since February. When you gleefully repost this nonsense without even making a minimal effort to figure out if it's true or not, you are contributing to that. I consider this very serious. It's certainly unpatriotic at the least, as it kills Americans.

#18657 3 years ago

So the CDC reversed their revised testing recommendation - you know, the one from last month where they decided we didn't have to get tested anymore if we had been exposed to COVID-19. The revised recommendation that reportedly was not written by anybody with a medical or science background, and was created for political purposes on the belief that testing is bad because it shows that people have COVID.

This is serious stuff. The public has less faith then ever in the CDC because its credibility has been destroyed by political forces who don't care about public health and have sidelined the people who actually know what they are doing. It's bad. You can count me among the majority of Americans who say they will refuse any vaccine this year because they have zero faith in the credibility of the people in charge.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/18/cdc-reverses-coronavirus-guidance-that-said-people-without-symptoms-may-not-need-a-test.html

#18702 3 years ago

Ok so just to get it straight it’s almost October and we are still arguing about masks.

#18719 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So what is the magic number of deaths that we need to get down to per year before they stop making masks mandatory and leave it up to personal choice?

Reminds me of the famous quote:

“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask how many people have to die before I can go to wal mart without a mask hanging off my chin or partially dangling off an ear. Or maybe covering my mouth but my schnoz is hanging out. These extremely mild concessions to a disastrous pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of my fellow Americans are really getting on my nerves! Wait, Where was I?”

Those words ring as true today as they did when jFK uttered them back in 1961.

#18773 3 years ago

I would try to explain my reasoning to you, but as I observe you as an extremist in your views on this, I'm not going to bother with you.
For anyone else who cares (or doesn't), here's the thing:
I don't like em. I wear them because I understand the science. Doesn't mean I like it. My kids don't like it. My athlete daughter ESPECIALLY doesn't like it.
I get particularly annoyed when others feel the need to shout down from their high horse with their "holier than thou" attitude about this topic and immediately shame anyone who doesn't share their own viewpoint.
I get it. Doc's gotta wear a mask all day. My mother's a nurse. She wears one all day, and has bitched about it forever. I have three aunts and one cousin who are also doctors, nurses, dental hygienists, chiropractors, pharmacists, and more. Plenty of health care workers in my life around me all the time. They all hate wearing masks all day, and bitch about it all the time. That's pretty much been the case for decades. I let them. It's their prerogative. I don't care. Feel free to bitch about it, or don't.
Until this summer, I didn't have to wear a mask in public. Now I do. It's annoying. But I do it. And I'll complain about it. You wanna chastise me because you think there's some "higher purpose" behind your chastisement, fine. Doesn't mean I like it. You could just do you thing and move on. But instead others need to belittle people's feelings as not important enough for consideration. And that's fine. It's not like you're changing anyone's opinion, ever. Go on with your righteous diatribes.
/rant

When you mom is complaining about wearing a mask all day do you say “tough shit you chose your career!”

If not, which level health care worker relative does the brutal honest truth start out at? Aunt? Cousin?

#18792 3 years ago

Has anybody here flown in the last few months?

I know I'll have to at some point but I do not see that point in my immediate future.

#18809 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

The FDA vs. White House back and forth in regards to how rigorous the vaccine testing will be does not inspire confidence.

I can't imagine there's anybody in the country at this point who believes any vaccine released this year will be anything but rat poison.

#18935 3 years ago

Can’t say it’s shocking but it’s still a shock.

We really have done a poor job here.

#18974 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Might have covid... went and got swabbed... waiting on results. so far muscle aches, headaches and fever. First time in my life I am hoping I have the flu...

Hang in there bro!

We haven't had too many Pinside Covid cases. For all the bluster and arguing I think most people have taken a sane approach here towards all this. And most people here, regardless of personal belief, work in workplaces that have intelligent policies in place to stop the spread and isolate infections.

#19005 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps the hospital within the White House itself may already be overloaded with patients?

Lol!!!

I don’t think the move is that curious, that’s where he should be in my opinion. I would expect the president to have access to the absolute best medical resources.

The lack of briefings on his condition is - of course - unprecedented in presidential medical crisis history.

#19015 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The President of The United States. The First Lady. Two US Senators. Three White House Reporters. The Notre Dame President. Hope Hicks. And now Kellyanne Conway. It appears Saturday’s tightly-packed, mostly mask-free Rose Garden SCOTUS announcement was a super-spreader event.[quoted image]

4A116329-EE58-4C93-8F6A-6F174A00D51B (resized).jpeg4A116329-EE58-4C93-8F6A-6F174A00D51B (resized).jpeg

Looks like the cheap seats were the place to be for this one. Yikes!

#19022 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So this should be a wake up call, that the virus is real, and not a lie.
That anyone can get it, and it can kill.
Instead, it is now overwhelmingly, still the same, a Lie and a Hoax,and was NOW used as a political weapon.
Can people stop with the overwhelming, "I dont understand it, so it must be a Conspiracy, Lie, or Ancient Aliens!?"

People are simply too dug in now. Being “right” has become much more important than fighting the pandemic.

There will be no “come to Jesus” moment.

No attitudes will change. You won’t suddenly see the “mask hoax” crowd get religion. You won’t even see a change in messaging from the politicians who are responsible for the split in opinion on following science vs following Sean hannity - the same people who are now testing positive due to their denial and lax attitudes.

When you’ve spent months trashing Fauci, flouting masks, making fun of mask wearers....how do you change course? When your identity has been so tied up into this line of thinking for 7 months, how do you change your thinking?

Chris Christie just announced he’s positive.

#19029 3 years ago

The swarmy presidential doctor just said the president was diagnosed “72 hours ago.”

Which would be Wednesday.

Huh?

Insane if true.

#19042 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It is. And it means that they coifed him and put him in that suit for show and to hide that bottle and line, which he needed just to make the 60 foot walk from the WH to the helicopter. That’s different from supplemental oxygen being given at the WH for “precautionary purposes.” That’s more like he had to go to the hospital because he needed hospital care beyond the considerable abilities of those available at the WH, and that walk to Marine One was everything he could muster.
And who the fuck is downvoting me for pointing out pictures of something objectively present and obvious? Bet that dude also thinks Joe wore a wire at the debate. What a joke.

Yeah the “spot the Hidden apparatus” game is all fun and fair until it comes to this I guess.

#19060 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Meanwhile, please, let's all continue to wear our masks properly to avoid the spread of this virus. Thank you.
[quoted image]

Come on Odin everybody’s schnoz pokes out every now and then.

Biden has been providing a great
Example for Americans during this whole thing. A one second nose mask Shot (which I’m sure he fixed immediately based on the film I’ve seen) is a cheap shot.

#19068 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I applaud your stringent standard that you are applying to everyone always.

Yep. Odin is a hero.

The way he didn’t spend even one week in March NOT getting drunk with groups of his friends while making daily trips to McDonald’s really set a strong example for
All of us.

#19078 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Trying to type out what I feel about the whole situation is very difficult because of the rules on Pinside as they are. I don't pledge allegiance to one side or the other and then refuse to budge. I use my eyes, ears, and intelligence to size up the situation.
Let's just say noone was prepared for this pandemic as it hasn't happened in over 100 years. It was a no win situation especially for those in charge. Could it have been handled differently? Sure. But what guarantee is that the outcome would have been better. There is none. Would somebody else with a promise had made some other critical errors? Maybe it could have been much worse. Lot of experts and opinions, but they don't know either. There is no end game, formula, or time limit to figure it out.
You could have mandated masks, but not everybody would wear them. You could tell people now is not the time to protest or riot, but they would not listen. You could tell everybody to go to school or stay home from school and neither is much of a win. Americans are going to do what they are going to do no matter what you tell them. People say if we did this or did that we would not have 200,000+ dead Americans. Really? We are probably the most unhealthy country in the world to begin with. Maybe could have made it so it took longer? Try running this country like China and see how that works.
But, mainly because it is an election year, a deadly pandemic has been turned into a political tool. I just hope whatever the outcome, none of you are disappointed when thousands, perhaps millions more die anyway. Or that the world sinks into an economic depression, the likes of which we've never seen before. Let's hope not, but no one man is going to make that much difference on either front.

You couldn’t be more wrong on any of this and I’ll just leave it at that.

No point in further discussion. Besides you are driving around on thin ice here in a dump truck and I don’t wanna be the one who finally gets you frozen for life. might be wise to dial down the bear poking for like a day?! I mean come on man.

#19093 3 years ago

So wait are masks good or bad?

We better figure this out, and soon!

#19122 3 years ago

And now Kayleigh McEnany has tested positive. The hits just keep on coming.

These people are superspreaders!

1,008 posts in this topic match your search for posts by crazylevi. You are on page 3 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/3?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.