272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 576.
#19902 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201101-085238~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201101-085238~2 (resized).png
#19903 3 years ago

Should be a giant story and huge scandal. Instead we are getting fed a load of BS about turning a corner and vaccines ready next week. Disgusting.

#19904 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201101-184124~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201101-184124~3 (resized).png
#19907 3 years ago

Gardner-Johnsonshowed some amazing f’n restraint...

#19908 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Trick is finding a flu shot. At least ‘round here you have to call around. Med clinic, local pharmacy, and cvs nothing till mid November.
But the Target, which is run by CVS, has a hoard.
As i understand it, it is due to poor ordering/planning and not due to significant shortages.

That's weird, flu shots are available everywhere here right now. I got one at the local Walgreens drugstore last week, covered by my insurance. I get one every year.

#19909 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Good to see support of local businesses.

Perkins isn't a local business, it's a chain of 300+ restaurants that went through bankruptcy, fired tens of thousands of employees with no warning, and is now owned be Allied Capital, a private equity investment firm.

Support an actual local business if you are going to eat out in the pandemic, small local businesses are hurting far more than big corporate chains.

#19910 3 years ago

New term popping up here in some free to air media, around various non-corona related dubiousness and news....

"Under the cover of covid..."

#19911 3 years ago

I guess the President mentioned something about COVID reimbursement in a speech this weekend, prompting AP to fact check whether there is evidence that doctors are falsely diagnosing patients with COVID to gain higher reimbursements. As I said earlier in this thread in response to these same claims from posters here, this is nonsense and would expose the physician and the hospital to massive fines and possibly even jail time for fraud.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-ap-fact-check-joe-biden-donald-trump-pandemics-8b8d58ebe1735405487a5de7bf88bf0c

#19912 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

New term popping up here in some free to air media, around various non-corona related dubiousness and news....
"Under the cover of covid..."

Your back , how was your timeout ....
Maybe this time , take a breath and think twice before posting and don't get personal .

#19913 3 years ago

How's this , Victorians can now go to Singapore but we can't go to any other state in Australia ?
( 3 days in a row of 0 cases )

#19914 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Perkins isn't a local business, it's a chain of 300+ restaurants that went through bankruptcy, fired tens of thousands of employees with no warning, and is now owned be Allied Capital, a private equity investment firm.
Support an actual local business if you are going to eat out in the pandemic, small local businesses are hurting far more than big corporate chains.

Some of the MSP locations are franchised. In fact, 70% of all Perkins are franchised which to me is a localized business. I mistakenly thought that the Apple Valley location was franchised. I stand corrected.

I'm not sure if Allied Capital still owns Huddle House, which is the current parent company of Perkins....

#19915 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I guess the President mentioned something about COVID reimbursement in a speech this weekend, prompting AP to fact check whether there is evidence that doctors are falsely diagnosing patients with COVID to gain higher reimbursements. As I said earlier in this thread in response to these same claims from posters here, this is nonsense and would expose the physician and the hospital to massive fines and possibly even jail time for fraud.
https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-ap-fact-check-joe-biden-donald-trump-pandemics-8b8d58ebe1735405487a5de7bf88bf0c

Hard to describe in a way that doesn’t violate rules how angered and disgusted I am by those idiotic comments.

...meanwhile...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/11/02/930304129/el-paso-official-says-fourth-mobile-morgue-is-delivered-as-coronavirus-deaths-mo

#19916 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Some of the MSP locations are franchised. In fact, 70% of all Perkins are franchised which to me is a localized business. I mistakenly thought that the Apple Valley location was franchised. I stand corrected.
I'm not sure if Allied Capital still owns Huddle House, which is the current parent company of Perkins....

Re: franchises

It’s a pretty common misconception. My family ran into it all the time. Growing up, the first few years our shop was open, people would come in and turn up their noses to explain that they preferred to support local mom and pops.

My dad would look at them incredulously and say “I own this place, I’m Pops that lady over there is my wife, she’s Mom, the three people working behind the counter are my children, and that boy sweeping the floor is too.”

After the first few years, the incredulous look faded and his speech more or less boiled down to “well then piss off”

#19917 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I get what you're saying, but the local corporate owned restaurant still employs all local people.

In fact, if the local corporate owned goes under, more people may lose their jobs than if a family owned place goes under.

#19918 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I get what you're saying, but the local corporate owned restaurant still employs all local people.
In fact, if the local corporate owned goes under, more people may lose their jobs than if a family owned place goes under.

Yeah everybody needs jobs, and it doesn't really matter to people who work at Perkins who owns the place.

Unfortunately there's a pandemic on and cases are rising drastically, especially in states where superspreading rallies have been happening for weeks. Packing the entire family into a crowded Perkins or any other restaurant is not a good idea right now.

#19919 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sure, but I was commenting specifically on supporting local businesses, not on quantity of jobs. Big chains and corporations always have more employees, that's a given, they are also more likely to be standing after small businesses fail.

#19920 3 years ago

I live close to a bunch of bars and restaurants and Washington State has fairly strict mask regulations and limits to how many patrons can be inside a restaurant or bar (I think it's 25% capacity). Plus most people won't eat/drink inside anyway. So in Seattle the city has loosened business regulations to let businesses semi-permanently use sidewalk and parking space to build out decks, tents, heaters and all varieties of outdoor seating, shopping, etc. I just walked by this one a few minutes ago... personal bubbles! I actually think these are terrible for air circulation and I'd never going in one right after another group, but they look space age and cool and I like the attempt at innovation.

bubble (resized).jpgbubble (resized).jpg
#19921 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your back , how was your timeout ....
Maybe this time , take a breath and think twice before posting and don't get personal .

It has actually been great!. A break from this clap trap. Out and about, watching grand finals at the pub with everyone else, everybody shaking hands etc. again, going to movies, tenpin bowling and pinball meets, barbie gatherings etc. ... just the usual.

Don't throw stones in glasshouses there dude. You are certainly posting as much rubbish as the next guy. Also the one making it personal. Calling people dickheads for what? , doesn't help. Once again your lectures say more about the self than anyone else.

Stop jumping to conclusions and making assumptions would be a good start there.

#19923 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a new board game??

IMG_20201019_103742_015 (resized).jpgIMG_20201019_103742_015 (resized).jpg
#19924 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It has actually been great!. A break from this clap trap. Out and about, watching grand finals at the pub with everyone else, everybody shaking hands etc. again, going to movies, tenpin bowling and pinball meets, barbie gatherings etc. ... just the usual.
Don't throw stones in glasshouses there dude. You are certainly posting as much rubbish as the next guy. Also the one making it personal. Calling people dickheads for what? , doesn't help. Once again your lectures say more about the self than anyone else.
Stop jumping to conclusions and making assumptions would be a good start there.

Glad you had a good time .
Going to the movies is one of the things I miss the most .
With the way things are going , we should be able to get back to the movies sooner rather than later .
4 days in a row of 0 cases

#19925 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone looking for a new board game??[quoted image]

Pandemic is a fun cooperative boardgame, I've owned it for years and it's great to play with a group of people. It's no 7 Wonders, but it's fun.

#19926 3 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6115311002

Coronavirus updates: Voters with COVID can cast in-person ballots; Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon in quarantine; 5 states set weekly death records

#19927 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Gardner-Johnsonshowed some amazing f’n restraint...

Not to get too far off topic, but did you see the play before when he intentionally poked him in the eye? He got off easy, I would’ve went after his knees and ended his season.

#19928 3 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/03/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

Americans head to polls amid harrowing Covid-19 surge that has nearly doubled the US 7-day case average in a month

#19929 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/03/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html
Americans head to polls amid harrowing Covid-19 surge that has nearly doubled the US 7-day case average in a month

Cases are on the rise pretty much everywhere in the U.S.
People with Covid are being allowed to cast "in-person" ballots. Openly. What will our numbers look like in a week or two??

Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6115311002
Coronavirus updates: Voters with COVID can cast in-person ballots; Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon in quarantine; 5 states set weekly death records

#19930 3 years ago

What I noticed when I voted this morning is how many people were coming out of the polling location with no mask on. There was a sign thanking people for wearing masks, but the word required was no where to be found! The county I live in has a mask mandate! I guess all those people had a "health problem" that exempted them from wearing a mask!

#19931 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Cases are on the rise pretty much everywhere in the U.S.
People with Covid are being allowed to cast "in-person" ballots. Openly. What will our numbers look like in a week or two??

Same as they would have if there would have been rules against it. Covid-positive people who wish to vote while infected aren't going to listen to the rules. They'll vote regardless. I've seen this first-hand.

#19932 3 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

What I noticed when I voted this morning is how many people were coming out of the polling location with no mask on. There was a sign thanking people for wearing masks, but the word required was no where to be found! The county I live in has a mask mandate! I guess all those people had a "health problem" the exempted them from wearing a mask!

From what I've read it would be illegal to stop someone from voting because they aren't wearing a mask.

#19933 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Same as they would have if there would have been rules against it. Covid-positive people who wish to vote while infected aren't going to listen to the rules. They'll vote regardless. I've seen this first-hand.

It's too bad they can't just drive up and drop their ballots off. That would be so much safer for everyone.

#19934 3 years ago

Culver's wants customers to wear masks in their cars at the drive-thru window.

20201031_213702 (resized).jpg20201031_213702 (resized).jpg20201031_213707 (resized).jpg20201031_213707 (resized).jpg
#19935 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

From what I've read it would be illegal to stop someone from voting because they aren't wearing a mask.

Good point! I guess there would be no way to enforce a mask mandate while casting a vote! TBH I really hadn't thought about it that way, just more about the number of people not wearing masks. Oh well I had mine on!

#19936 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I've worn my mask while picking up food.

#19937 3 years ago

I voted by mail.

#19938 3 years ago

What just a minute, I thought this whole Covid 19 thing was going to disappear before today?
Did all the hospitalizations just drop to 0 overnight and we missed it? Why is this thread not locked yet.

#19939 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It's too bad they can't just drive up and drop their ballots off. That would be so much safer for everyone.

Our place had drive up voting!! I've never seen that before. They were bringing the machine over to the car.

#19940 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What just a minute, I thought this whole Covid 19 thing was going to disappear before today?
Did all the hospitalizations just drop to 0 overnight and we missed it? Why is this thread not locked yet.

No no. You're a day off. It magically disappears tomorrow.

#19941 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah everybody needs jobs, and it doesn't really matter to people who work at Perkins who owns the place.
Unfortunately there's a pandemic on and cases are rising drastically, especially in states where superspreading rallies have been happening for weeks. Packing the entire family into a crowded Perkins or any other restaurant is not a good idea right now.

LOL, rallies will be over, so by your calculations cases should be lower soon?

#19942 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

No no. You're a day off. It magically disappears tomorrow.

Oops, my apologies. Let me hold my breath one more day.

#19943 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good.

It's not like drive thru cashiers are immune. Customers should wear a mask.

#19944 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good.

I like it!

#19945 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

LOL, rallies will be over, so by your calculations cases should be lower soon?

Lmao

The rallies will never be over.

#19946 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good.

I wear a mask every time in the drive-thru. It's so simple and takes literally a second to put it on when I grab the food, why would one not? Whether it makes things safer or not the there seems to be no reason not to.

#19947 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lmao
The rallies will never be over.

Speaking of rallies...

A group of Stanford University economists who created a statistical model estimate that there have been at least 30,000 corona-virus infections and 700 deaths as a result of 18 campaign rallies from the President held from June to September.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/31/us/politics/stanford-study-infections-trump-rallies.html

#19948 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

I wear a mask every time in the drive-thru. It's so simple and takes literally a second to put it on when I grab the food, why would one not? Whether it makes things safer or not the there seems to be no reason not to.

We have to wear masks in drive- thru's , in fact we still have to wear masks everywhere , everyone's used to it now , no big deal .
Maybe that's part of the reason we have had 0 cases and 0 deaths for 5 days in a row now .

#19949 3 years ago

Wife was diagnosed positive yesterday evening - shortness of breath, light fever, cough, headaches, diarrhea but no loss of taste or smell.
Moderate symptoms so far (she can stay at home), and I am so far asymptomatic.
Next time I leave home will be to be tested...

Take care, it's not fun, even for those who can avoid going to hospital / emergency care.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/399?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.