272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 576.
#19850 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Trick is finding a flu shot. At least ‘round here you have to call around. Med clinic, local pharmacy, and cvs nothing till mid November.

3 weeks ago, I was a at Walmart buying groceries. As I was walking down the aisle, a young dude stopped me. yada yada. Turns out he and an associate are there in a cardboard kiosk giving flu shots. I got the double dose for seniors and was on my way to getting my groceries.

OTOH, the other day I wanted to get checked for the Covid. Different story. You have to make an appointment at any shop that does testing. You have to be showing symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, etc. No symptoms and you don't get checked. So, if you are asymptomatic (spelling) you ain't getting a test. So you are free to keep on spreading it around.

#19851 3 years ago

North Dakota has the highest death rate per capita in the world right now.

#19852 3 years ago

"I can't recognize you. Is that a mask? No way. Are you wearing a mask? I've never seen her in a mask," ***** said. "Look at you. Oh, she's being very politically correct. Whoa. Whoa."

For the poster wondering why the US is doing so poorly, take a guess who I just quoted? And that's from today. The beginning of the end is coming in a few days though.

#19853 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's been some early reports that the flu vaccine makes it harder to catch covid-19 (but exactly what the reason for that is remains unclear), which has me considering a flu shot for our family for the first time ever.
If you're going to go into that tremendously risky family gathering, I'd take out some insurance with a flu shot for you and your wife at least 3 weeks in advance so your immune system has fully recovered from the shot and that may give you a boost in protection if you are exposed to the novel coronavirus from someone not yet symptomatic that has COVID-19 at the gathering.

Luck would have it, I got my Flu shot first week of Oct. My wife has not got one and never does.

#19854 3 years ago

Believe in Conspiracy theories?

Heres one that hits home....family has been busy with it all day,

https://www.postbulletin.com/rochester-magazine/6735231-John-Titor-Who-was-the-time-traveler-that-visited-Rochester

#19855 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's been some early reports that the flu vaccine makes it harder to catch covid-19 (but exactly what the reason for that is remains unclear), which has me considering a flu shot for our family for the first time ever.
If you're going to go into that tremendously risky family gathering, I'd take out some insurance with a flu shot for you and your wife at least 3 weeks in advance so your immune system has fully recovered from the shot and that may give you a boost in protection if you are exposed to the novel coronavirus from someone not yet symptomatic that has COVID-19 at the gathering.

Do you have any articles backing this? I'm not having any luck. Thanks!

#19856 3 years ago

And here is a decent article on the status of hospitals in MN.

https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-reports-record-3-165-virus-infections-18-more-deaths/572924471/?clmob=y&c=n

Basically MN is fairing pretty good overall RIGHT NOW. Patients are being shifted around, but ICU headroom is decent. Infections are rising rapidly, so there is a good amount of concern that hospitals will be slammed in a few weeks.

The warning signs come from Mayo Clinic halting all elective surgeries in western Wisconsin for now and pulling workers over from the MN side to the WI side.

Healthpartners is moving patients around with the expectation that an influx from western WI and from twin cities proper is incoming. Elective surgeries steady as she goes.

Mayo does tend to lead and the other providers follow. Will see what the end of next week brings.

#19857 3 years ago

Here is what 'turning the corner' looks like in TN:

https://twitter.com/GovBillLee/status/1322298087860326400

TLDR: Gov Lee issued a continuance of our current state of emergency through the end of the year. In addition to the continuance he added:

- counties have more authority to require mask use
- authorized pre-license mental health professionals (essentially students) to practice Telehealth services under certain guidelines because the mental health issues/needs are outpacing our capacity
- Authorized Respiratory Therapists, Nurses, and other allied health professionals to operate outside the scope of their current practice in ER and acute care settings to help with staffing capacity strains in TN hospitals. Means you will have people doing things to/for you they were not necessarily trained for.

#19858 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Born to live
Live to ride

Baby you’re an all star! Fuck this covid shit

#19859 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Do you have any articles backing this? I'm not having any luck. Thanks!

Lots of MSM articles referencing the study (which is preprint, and pre-peer review) this week, but here's the actual study:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.14.20212498v1

#19860 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

By all means get a flu shot, but I read one of those studies. It compared rates of Covid infection in hospital employees who got a flu shot last year vs. those who didn't. If you work in a hospital and don't get a flu shot every year, I suspect you probably aren't as diligent about wearing a mask and social distancing as the hospital employees who did get the flu shot.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-flu-shot-might-reduce-coronavirus-infections-early-research-suggests/

Also, the hospital observational study wasn't all they did. They also confirmed results isolated in-vitro. No human behavioral shortcomings there to skew the result and it also showed the effect.

The part that concerns me is the observed in-vitro effect was enhanced cytokine activity, which is normally good, but if you end up with the COVID-19 strain that blows up a cytokine storm from out of control immune response, I could see it making that worse. I wish all of this was more clear cut. We know much more than we did in Feb, but there's still so much to learn about this.

#19861 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Kristi Noem is not going to appreciate you talking like that about her state.

#19862 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Ralph Engelstad is rolling over in his grave....

#19863 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Ralph Engelstad is rolling over in his grave....

References like that are indeed why Google is my friend.

#19864 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Overall North Dakota's deaths per 100k population is low top 10 in the world, with 67.8 COVID deaths per 100k population. Peru is worst in the world with over 105 deaths per 100k, almost 2x North Dakota. US COVID in aggregate is 70 deaths per 100k.

#19865 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

References like that are indeed why Google is my friend.

He bought a lot of Bally equipment over the years......

The arena he funded in Grand Forks is impressive.

#19866 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Coming soon to state near you? This is the conservative republican governor of Utah, consistently one of the top 5 healthiest states in the USA.
[quoted image]

I live in the Salt Lake City metro area. Our governor is all talk. He has been repeating the same stuff about doing the right thing and wearing masks for months. Problem is, there are still way too many morons that maintain masks are worthless and Covid largely a hoax here despite the hospital situation.

Meanwhile, our governor has done nothing to control this spike (which started very soon after school reopenings) and the exponential growth. He has still not issued a statewide mask mandate, allows high school sports to continue, bars & gyms remain open, and universities and schools (the super spreaders) continue largely 4 days a week uninterrupted.

We have been fortunate that Utah is the youngest and one of the healthiest states in the country in mitigating deaths to this point. We are headed for serious problems, however, as flu season also kicks in, weather cools, and people move indoors. We may be the next NYC unless our governor actually does something of substance to curb the spread and the selfish behavior of much of our populace.

#19867 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201031-015334~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201031-015334~2 (resized).png
#19868 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So I'm just curious.......and im not being a smartass honest to God. Do you guys stay locked up in your house in fear of getting this virus? At first I really was hardcore about staying at home other than having to go to work. I still dont get out and do much unnecessary running around but i do go get food a lot more often than i used to and sometimes i just say screw it and i go to wal mart or wherever because I just want to get out of the house and be a normal person again.
I guess to sum it all up you could say that I still respect this virus but I am tired of letting it control my life also. I still dont go to large gatherings but I would have a couple of friends over for pinball here and there where I wouldn't have even considered a few months ago. I'm tired of living like this.

Exactly, stop living in fear. Get out and support the businesses that disappearing faster than than the Amazon forest. I know people that mask up, glove up , but refuse to go inside a store. Its only online and curbside pick up. I'm curious to see how many people still wipe down their groceries before bringing them into the house?
Keep your hands clean and chin up!!

#19869 3 years ago

Went out for lunch today the first time since April .
It's the first weekend since Victoria has lifted a lot of restrictions .
It was really good , everybody was out and about , all wearing masks .
We had a look at the shops , a gallery and went down to the pier and got gelati .
We went past two checkpoints manned by the police and army , who are stopping people from going more than 25 km from their home and travelling from metro to regional areas .
We had 0 new cases today , 0 deaths , around 70 active cases , 2 people in hospital and 0 in ICU .
A few people were against the lockdown , it took a lot longer than expected but in my opinion it was totally worth it .
Life is almost back to normal .

#19870 3 years ago

Well, the US surpassed 100,000 new daily cases yesterday, with no indication of slowing down.

Screenshot_20201031-075859_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201031-075859_Chrome (resized).jpg
#19872 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Believe in Conspiracy theories?
Heres one that hits home....family has been busy with it all day,
https://www.postbulletin.com/rochester-magazine/6735231-John-Titor-Who-was-the-time-traveler-that-visited-Rochester

It is behind a registration wall. What does it generally say?

Also, Shouldn’t a time traveller already know the results of the election? His twitter seems to indicate he is a nutjob.

#19873 3 years ago

On Nov. 2 of 2000, a man calling himself John Titor—actually “Time_Traveler_0”—posted a message on a little-known Internet discussion board, something called the Time Travel Institute Forum.

“Greetings,” he wrote. “I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975.”

He had, he said, made a side trip to 2000 to pick up some family photos and check in on family in Tampa and Rochester.

That introduction—posted to the kind of paranormal/extraterrestrial/conspiracy theory message boards that were just finding a foothold on the Internet—would set off a four-month flurry of “what-” and “when-ifs,” as Titor answered numerous questions, told readers about his life in 2036, and gave us glimpses into our own future.

Over the next four months, Titor’s 570 or so Internet posts would describe an upcoming “civil conflict over a U.S. presidential election.” Warn us about a Mad Cow Disease outbreak. Tell us about the impending nuclear war with Russia.

------

The Article was current because of the Virus, and Election.
It repeats the entire story, info, pictures, and then involves myself and my brothers.
75% of what is out there, is so far off from reality, we, as a family laugh at the "Fake News".
Even a Brother, with a name that doesnt exist as such.

For us, its a reminder about critical thinking, and how much to believe and trust what is read on the net.

In this case, I know this was a Hoax story created to see how far info, fake info would spread, at the beginning of the net.
The reality, is a case study example of how hundreds of thousands of people believe now a small story as truth.
We hear of Worship, Prayer, and Conspiracy theories, threats, I mean all kinds of BS as a result.

It is a strange window into human perceptions, gullibility, and a Mindset that allows for bad info, to be accepted.
Today, on this thread, with just the virus, we see opposing views, and different Truths....Like Almost No deaths happening,
stated by The Presidents Son, or Masks dont work.

#19874 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I live in the Salt Lake City metro area. Our governor is all talk. He has been repeating the same stuff about doing the right thing and wearing masks for months. Problem is, there are still way too many morons that maintain masks are worthless and Covid largely a hoax here despite the hospital situation.
Meanwhile, our governor has done nothing to control this spike (which started very soon after school reopenings) and the exponential growth. He has still not issued a statewide mask mandate, allows high school sports to continue, bars & gyms remain open, and universities and schools (the super spreaders) continue largely 4 days a week uninterrupted.
We have been fortunate that Utah is the youngest and one of the healthiest states in the country in mitigating deaths to this point. We are headed for serious problems, however, as flu season also kicks in, weather cools, and people move indoors. We may be the next NYC unless our governor actually does something of substance to curb the spread and the selfish behavior of much of our populace.

Tennessee is the same. Governor mostly talk, mostly reactive. Although our morons are probably not as healthy as your morons.

#19875 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Well, the US surpassed 100,000 new daily cases yesterday, with no indication of slowing down.

I just heard a shocking statistic. The US just had more cases in a single day than China has had TOTAL since the beginning of the pandemic. Let that one sink in for a bit.

#19876 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just heard a shocking statistic. The US just had more cases in a single day than China has had TOTAL since the beginning of the pandemic. Let that one sink in for a bit.

I'm sure the Halloween parties/get togethers will raise that number, unfortunately.

#19877 3 years ago

Here's my little lady with her "mask" :

Unfortunately, it's all for show since we won't be trick or treating this year.

IMG-20201031-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20201031-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20201031-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20201031-WA0001 (resized).jpg
#19878 3 years ago

Not judging anyone but my wife and I just drove past our local Perkins and the parking lot was about as full as it would have been on a weekend pre Covid.

It was pretty packed.

#19879 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not judging anyone but my wife and I just drove past our local Perkins and the parking lot was about as full as it would have been on a weekend pre Covid.
It was pretty packed.

Gotta get that sub-Denny’s slop stuffed into your face! Pandemic be dammed.

#19880 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It was pretty packed.

some people are just dying for a piece of their tasty pumpkin pie

#19881 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It was pretty packed.

Good to see support of local businesses.

#19882 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Here's my little lady with her "mask" :
Unfortunately, it's all for show since we won't be trick or treating this year.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like Pugs.

She's a cutie.

#19883 3 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

some people are just dying for a piece of their tasty pumpkin pie

Their Coconut Cream pie is to die for.

#19884 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gotta get that sub-Denny’s slop stuffed into your face! Pandemic be dammed.

Perkins' breakfast is way better than Denny's. But Waffle House tops them both. I met my son in Phoenix two weeks ago and had breakfast at a Waffle House there. I only have to drive 50 miles for WH where Phoenix is the closest for him these days which is 750 miles away.

#19885 3 years ago

Here is some good news - we have a drive in movie place now. Hard to get tickets as its the parking lot of our local independent movie theatre and only has 34 spots available each night. Seems to be a growing thing now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/coronavirus-emptied-movie-theaters-it-s-resurrecting-drive-ncna1225121

Who is that Pinsider that owned a drive in? I think he was having some financial problems, was he able to hang on? It would be booming now!

#19886 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If it turns into super spreader event, people may be dying because of it

#19887 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I guess some people feel that way literally...just grab it to go...

Quoted from MrBally:

Good to see support of local businesses.

You must be joking...local?

On the positive side ...at least Odin is taking a break from the thread ....though don't mention his name 2 more times.

#19888 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I see what you did there. Touche.

#19889 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Who is that Pinsider that owned a drive in? I think he was having some financial problems, was he able to hang on? It would be booming now!

I don't know if Buddy is the guy you are referring to, but if you are here is his drive-in, in Norton, Virginia:

https://nortoncinema.com/central-drive-in-norton/

#19891 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't know if Buddy is the guy you are referring to, but if you are here is his drive-in, in Norton, Virginia:
https://nortoncinema.com/central-drive-in-norton/

That was who I was thinking about. Glad he made it, he's got a pandemic resistant business now.

#19892 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

That was who I was thinking about. Glad he made it, he's got a pandemic resistant business now.

My wife and kids are actually watching a movie at a drive-in right now. I always thought they were cool.

#19893 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

3 weeks ago, I was a at Walmart buying groceries. As I was walking down the aisle, a young dude stopped me. yada yada. Turns out he and an associate are there in a cardboard kiosk giving flu shots. I got the double dose for seniors and was on my way to getting my groceries.
OTOH, the other day I wanted to get checked for the Covid. Different story. You have to make an appointment at any shop that does testing. You have to be showing symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, etc. No symptoms and you don't get checked. So, if you are asymptomatic (spelling) you ain't getting a test. So you are free to keep on spreading it around.

The theory on this is that you have been exposed you should be isolating yourself. I ran into this last month when my wife and kids tested positive and I was traveling. They told me as I called that they were not equipped to test everyone who wanted a test. This is where common sense comes into play, if you have been exposed isolate and see if you have symptoms. Most places don’t have the capability to test anyone who wants it.

I spent 2 weeks in isolation at different hotels because I couldn’t get tested due to no symptoms. Marriott’s digital key helped me make sure I had not contact with anybody.

#19894 3 years ago

Don’t know Jack shit! Keep on posting your...I know.

#19895 3 years ago

Australia had zero community transmissions today .
There will be more cases but you can't ask for much more at the moment .

#19896 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201101-072302~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201101-072302~2 (resized).png
#19898 3 years ago

Seriously? Gizmodo? This is worse than mainstream media. The site is called a design, technology and science fiction website!

#19899 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Seriously? Gizmodo? This is worse than mainstream media. The site is called a design, technology and science fiction website!

How about the source article then?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/10/30/929239481/internal-documents-reveal-covid-19-hospitalization-data-the-government-keeps-hid

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 398 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/398?hl=dcp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.