272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 576.
#19650 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

That would just slow the spread! Won't be over until there's a vaccine.

And what if the vaccines don't work or aren't very effective? Are we still going to keep everything shut down until most businesses are shuttered and more people are living on the streets than aren't?

#19651 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I went to the hardware store today and drove through a busy city area of Seattle. There were lots of people out, but everyone was wearing a mask. Hundreds of people and no one I saw didn't have a mask on. But then, when I've been in Eastern California or rural West Coast towns, it's not like that at all. I don't get it, if we all wear masks and stay home for a few weeks

So, you recommend we all stay home, yet you are traveling to Eastern Ca. and rural Eastern Coast towns from Seattle?

#19652 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yep, right here in Seattle actually... my partner is into pinning and displaying dead bugs and got her murder hornet kit this week. This thing is big!
[quoted image]

I want one ! Thx for the post.

#19653 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

that is funny....you keep saying how everyone is out like nothing is going on...BUT...it is all locked down...
Which is it?
I support a full lockdown for 2 weeks and a national mask mandate through the end of the year at least.
I really want to get back to work....but the live music industry is now shut down through the first quarter of 2021.
Time for the billionaires to pay their 50% of quarantine profits. Then we can afford this.....2 weeks shut down, Amazon pays!

What’s the highest income tax bracket ever put in place? In 1944-45, during World War II, couples making more than $200,000 faced an all-time high of 94 percent. Thats 1.7 million, after that, its 94% to pay for a war.
Eisenhower hit 90%
Today, its 37% over $500,000, but the game is to learn how not to pay taxes. Laws, like Real Estate, and Business Laws give windfalls, if you want to play the game.
Heres what changed this summer.

Under the 2017 tax law, owners of these businesses could only deduct up to $500,000 (for a couple filing jointly) to offset losses in their non-business income. The CARES act strips away that $500,000 cap until 2021 and enables taxpayers to file retroactively on losses, as far back as 2013. May 19, 2020

This means Wealthy Business Owners could refile 6 years of Taxes, and get Millions, hundreds of Millions back.

Whats our National Debt Now, $27-$30 Trillion Before Cares Loans?
Whats Unemployenent? Is Forbes right, or are we still using May Numbers, (Aprils Actual)?

#19654 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yep, right here in Seattle actually... my partner is into pinning and displaying dead bugs and got her murder hornet kit this week. This thing is big!
[quoted image]

I have 2 in my Bathroom of “Oddities, Victorian Medicine and Serial Killers” They are there with some other insects withe the most painful stings/bites mentioned on the Schmidt's pain scale. They are pretty big.

48356C6B-7E89-4C98-B21A-4A32AFC6F007 (resized).jpeg48356C6B-7E89-4C98-B21A-4A32AFC6F007 (resized).jpeg5649D133-D0DA-41C3-86ED-B6F6011E4F84 (resized).jpeg5649D133-D0DA-41C3-86ED-B6F6011E4F84 (resized).jpeg88B838CF-7B51-4E87-AC6B-EF280A19DA9D (resized).jpeg88B838CF-7B51-4E87-AC6B-EF280A19DA9D (resized).jpegC93ADBCD-CE86-4646-9040-66D9750C1261 (resized).jpegC93ADBCD-CE86-4646-9040-66D9750C1261 (resized).jpeg

#19655 3 years ago

Two weeks?

I've been at home for seven months now with only an occasional trip to get beer and food or something to fix my house.

I don't even care if I ever go to Disneyland again, but wouldn't mind bowling if the powers that be would let me. Oh yeah, the alleys are all closed down now and it looks like most will never open again.

#19656 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two weeks?
I've been at home for seven months now with only an occasional trip to get beer and food or something to fix my house.
I don't even care if I ever go to Disneyland again, but wouldn't mind bowling if the powers that be would let me. Oh yeah, the alleys are all closed down now and it looks like most will never open again.

What has been your "go-to" pandemic pinball?

#19657 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Murder Hornets? There are good insects on both sides. But, never heard of them.

I miss the murder hornets. Lighter days.

#19658 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's been like that here for 7 months now and nothing's changed. Except a bunch of empty streets and businesses. And, of course, just delaying the inevitable.
Couldn't scare it away or starve it. At this point, it looks like it's going to do what it's going to do until it's done doing it.

No it hasn’t. Closing Disney world isn’t a “lock down.”

#19659 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

First, thanks for taking the edge off this thread. We are all going thru the same thing, but in different places, with different rules to follow. I don't like seeing everybody pissed off at each other. And the blame game really does nobody any good. And yeah, sometimes I irritate the moderators late at night. I admit it.

As far as pinball, my garage has been my sanctuary through all of this with a variety of newer and older games to take my mind off it all. Go to, is whichever I go to, depending on the mood I'm in. Which would you go to? The poor games in the house hardly get played at all anymore.

DSCN7295 (resized).JPGDSCN7295 (resized).JPGDSCN7296 (resized).JPGDSCN7296 (resized).JPG

#19660 3 years ago

I chose stern Rolling Stones for the apartment. It looks cool, is a stern (lighter and narrower easier on the doorways), and Nancy likes it / signed off on it.

May swap every now and then it’s only
One flight of stairs. Maybe beatles next, or try to squeeze AFM in.

#19661 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

First, thanks for taking the edge off this thread. We are all going thru the same thing, but in different places, with different rules to follow.

Which would you go to?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You are welcome. I enjoy everyone on here and their different perspectives.

As far as my "go-to, " that's tough to say. You have a lot of really nice games. I own a Medieval Madness and consider it to be one of the best games ever made. I've never even played R&M, however. JD is one of the most underrated pins ever, and I miss mine. I like pins of all eras, so it is tough to compare in such a varied collection like yours (which is awesome, btw). I would probably say beat the clock would be my favorite EM of yours. I really like that you have arrow head and magic clock. You just NEVER see those.

#19662 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You have a lot of really nice games. I own a Medieval Madness and consider it to be one of the best games ever made.

Thanks! MM is my most recent acquisition. I owned one before and told myself I would never get another, but would consider it if ever a super nice original became available locally, which it did. Was owned by an employee, I think a programmer with Williams and never went on location. Super nice is all I can say.

Quoted from Daditude:

I would probably say beat the clock would be my favorite EM of yours. I really like that you have arrow head and magic clock. You just NEVER see those.

I've owned a lot of EMs, but this is what it's whittled down to along with Big Daddy in the house. All great players and lookers, but Pit Stop is still everyone's favorite. You'd have to play this one to see why. But they all get played. I guess I am a Williams EM snob, or those are just the ones that kept getting played. The 4 Bagger bat game is also very popular.

#19663 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I have 2 in my Bathroom of “Oddities, Victorian Medicine and Serial Killers”. They are there with some other insects withe the most painful stings/bites mentioned on the Schmidt's pain scale. They are pretty big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a Goliath tarantula , bottom right first pic? They are captured and The sac is scrambled like eggs by amazon tribesman.
The fangs are then used to pick out spider goop from their teeth.

#19664 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Is that a Goliath tarantula , bottom right first pic?

They are captured and the sac is scrambled like eggs by amazon tribesman.

#19665 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I support a full lockdown for 2 weeks

Full lockdown does not apply to the following examples of essential workers I can think of off the top of my head:
power
water
sewer
trash
phone
cable
internet
news
government agencies
first responders
police and 911
hospital and medical
caregivers
pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies
gas stations, fuel supply chain, and refinery
grocery, food supply chain, and farms
armed forces
shipping

Probably lots of other obvious infrastructure workers I'm forgetting??? Bottom line, full lockdown isn't very comprehensive.

Test-isolate-trace is more sensible, and we will probably get there at some point.

#19666 3 years ago

nm

#19667 3 years ago

I've found my new Christmas ornament this year:

Screenshot_20201025-234101~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201025-234101~2 (resized).png
#19668 3 years ago

nm

#19669 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Full lockdown does not apply to the following examples of essential workers I can think of off the top of my head:
power
water
sewer
trash
phone
cable
internet
news
government agencies
first responders
police and 911
hospital and medical
caregivers
pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies
gas stations, fuel supply chain, and refinery
grocery, food supply chain, and farms
armed forces
Probably lots of other obvious infrastructure workers I'm forgetting??? Bottom line, full lockdown isn't very comprehensive.
Test-isolate-trace is more sensible, and we will probably get there at some point.

This is exactly how it's been in Ca. for months until recently. Now you've got a few restaurants, and places to buy clothes and get a haircut.

But who's going to stop the protestors and their mass gatherings? Send in the army or the national guard? Or just tell them, sorry, you can't do this for the next two weeks. Yeah, that'll work. They've probably spread more of this virus than any other group, because there are so many of them in so many different places.

#19670 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd say about only 50% of people here in SC are wearing masks. It's mostly middle aged or older white people not wearing them too.

Do you honestly think that someone's race has anything to do with them not wearing a mask? Your post is a real head scratcher for me......im seriously dumbfounded by it.

#19671 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you honestly think that someone's race has anything to do with them not wearing a mask? Your post is a real head scratcher for me......im seriously dumbfounded by it.

Just relating my observations. Interpret it however you want.

This poll in national geographic seems to back it up.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/07/poll-covid-masks-morning-consult/

#19673 3 years ago

Today Victoria had 0 cases and 0 deaths .
It's been 139 days since we last had 0 cases .
It's taken months of lockdown and restrictions but almost everything will open up tomorrow at 11:59 p.m.
The best bit is razor isn't here trying to put a dampener on it , today just keeps getting better

#19674 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two weeks?

I thought about building a backyard Bowling alley. Ya they’re a thing.

#19675 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Masks are mandatory here in all stores unless you have a health condition that makes wearing a mask impossible. Funny thing is that I’ve only seen middle age or older white guys without a mask on too. Strange how they’re the only group of people with health conditions

#19676 3 years ago
9B2383BA-D446-45CD-BC05-CA6B2BAF6F5F (resized).jpeg9B2383BA-D446-45CD-BC05-CA6B2BAF6F5F (resized).jpegB3446EB0-4458-4976-8F0E-FAA2EB21DAF5 (resized).jpegB3446EB0-4458-4976-8F0E-FAA2EB21DAF5 (resized).jpeg
#19677 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Is that a Goliath tarantula , bottom right first pic? They are captured and The sac is scrambled like eggs by amazon tribesman.
The fangs are then used to pick out spider goop from their teeth.

No, but that's one of the biggest tarantulas I ever seen. I picked it up in Virginia City, NV. I think I'd have a heart attack if I came across a Bird Eating Tarantula

#19678 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ice bowling?

#19679 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201026-000325~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201026-000325~2 (resized).png
#19680 3 years ago

Something like this, but a bit nicer and with a sloped roof to keep the rain and snow off of it. 3DC0F3CF-85D9-417D-BB03-1E8119E85863 (resized).jpeg3DC0F3CF-85D9-417D-BB03-1E8119E85863 (resized).jpeg

#19681 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s time for a national 2 week lockdown. And a real one. Shut everything down. As completely as possible.
Why are we still dicking around with this? It’s crazy. 2-3 week lockdown this would be close to over.
Lets get it together people!

Are you crazy?! No one is going to tell American's what to do! A lot of people here are acting like not wearing a mask is the equivalent to fighting for our freedom in the Revolutionary War. "I don't have to wear a mask, I don't have to listen to anyone"... Instead another 100k+ people may die of the virus in the US before a vaccine is widely distributed but hey at least people can go out to lunch and to the bars. It's a sad state of affairs.

#19682 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A lot of people here are acting like not wearing a mask is the equivalent to fighting for our freedom in the Revolutionary War. "I don't have to wear a mask, I don't have to listen to anyone".

9qktmu7xnx751 (resized).jpg9qktmu7xnx751 (resized).jpg

#19683 3 years ago

Masks are mandatory here in all stores unless you have a health condition that makes wearing a mask impossible. Funny thing is that I’ve only seen middle age or older white guys without a mask on too. Strange how they’re the only group of people with health conditions

Ive seen people of ALL races, genders and ages not wearing masks. Ive also seen fat people, skinny people, rich people, and poor people not wearing them. Ive even seen alot of smart people who wont wear them, but about 99% of the people do wear them even if its improperly. I think a lot of people hate this way of life and are starting to just not care anymore honestly and are willing to take their chances.

#19684 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

about 99% of the people do wear them even if its improperly. I think a lot of people hate this way of life and are starting to just not care anymore honestly and are willing to take their chances.

Far fewer seem to wear them where I live. I would guesstimate 60% of people are wearing them in stores where they are "required"... and all of them aren't even wearing them properly.
If you consider non-required areas, that number goes down close to zero. Then again, I still see people driving solo wearing them, lol.

#19685 3 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/10/25/dallas-county-reports-703-coronavirus-cases-1-death/%3foutputType=amp

"Dallas County reported 703 confirmed coronavirus cases Sunday, all of which are considered new. One new COVID-19 death was also reported."

"The newly reported cases bring the county’s total confirmed cases to 93,548. The county’s confirmed death toll stands at 1,099."

#19686 3 years ago

Largest school district in state announced Friday they are going full at home learning for middle school and high school.

Today our school district said they will make the call in two weeks, but at the rate things are going, same thing will happen here.

I thought this would happen by first week of October. Turns out I was off by a month.

#19687 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/10/25/dallas-county-reports-703-coronavirus-cases-1-death/%3foutputType=amp
"Dallas County reported 703 confirmed coronavirus cases Sunday, all of which are considered new. One new COVID-19 death was also reported."
"The newly reported cases bring the county’s total confirmed cases to 93,548. The county’s confirmed death toll stands at 1,099."

More testing equals more cases. Its that simple.

#19688 3 years ago

I actually thought about that a couple years ago. I have a long lot from street to back, so all I need to do is knock down the two far left bedrooms (bedrooms are overated) and I could build a two lane full size alley next to my house. Then I hurt my elbow while bowling for the second day in a row. Took that sucker almost a year to heal.

#19689 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

#sarcasm

#19690 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

More testing doesn’t equal more cases. The cases will be there wether you test or not; You just know about them now. If you stop testing cases don’t stop.

I don’t know if your trying to blame more positive cases on more testing or what? The test don’t give you covid.

#19691 3 years ago

I think this about sums it up....

Mask 2 (resized).jpegMask 2 (resized).jpeg

#19692 3 years ago

More super spreader activity from all over the world this weekend.

This particular one is in Belarus. But there are plenty more where that came from.

Belarus-protests-2 (resized).jpgBelarus-protests-2 (resized).jpg
#19693 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I think this about sums it up....
[quoted image]

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.32.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.32.24 PM (resized).png

Yeah, until your fat ass gets sick and the system will have to bail you out. And you will whine until you get some care or until die. But figure your dumb ass ain't gonna be getting top flight treatment on your own private hospital floor.

(This is not directed at Lame33. I just lifted his cartoon).

#19694 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

That would just slow the spread! Won't be over until there's a vaccine.

It's a virus. Which like the flu will be with us again next year. There can be a vaccine but that doesn't kill the virus everywhere. I did hear that the flu numbers are down on the radio.

#19695 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

More cases means more spread of the disease. The positivity rate measures the number of people who test positive for the virus compared to the total number of people who have been tested.

#19696 3 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

It's a virus. Which like the flu will be with us again next year. There can be a vaccine but that doesn't kill the virus everywhere. I did hear that the flu numbers are down on the radio.

What is a radio?

#19697 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No. The number of cases is independent of testing. But testing does help in revealing the cases and tracking / isolating the carriers.

#19698 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Blasphemy on a pinball forum, but my go to has been Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild on the Switch. I haven't played video games since the 90's when my kids were young enough to want me to play too. A big learning curve, but have had a blast with it.

Wife got a Switch first and I was an Animal Crossing widower for a while, lol - so she got me one too.

#19699 3 years ago

So I'm just curious.......and im not being a smartass honest to God. Do you guys stay locked up in your house in fear of getting this virus? At first I really was hardcore about staying at home other than having to go to work. I still dont get out and do much unnecessary running around but i do go get food a lot more often than i used to and sometimes i just say screw it and i go to wal mart or wherever because I just want to get out of the house and be a normal person again.

I guess to sum it all up you could say that I still respect this virus but I am tired of letting it control my life also. I still dont go to large gatherings but I would have a couple of friends over for pinball here and there where I wouldn't have even considered a few months ago. I'm tired of living like this.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/394 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.