Topic Stats

• 21,249 posts
  • 516 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Pinball_Gizzard
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,064 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 13.49.41 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.47.46 PM (resized).png
832DE6A4-0AF1-47C3-85B6-CBFFA3248F68.jpeg
13cc28ad2b0b_4360.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210112-100838~2 (resized).png
632156087 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210110-212343~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210109-135825~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210108-135004~2 (resized).png
ki7F73qMI7238_VB3t1r4Y8Yw_5bwYdW5OtJdhF5yTo (resized).jpg
5g covid (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 1.52.07 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 8.23.11 AM (resized).png
georgia (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

139 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21252 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 425.
#1901 9 months ago

Jeez. Brittney Spears. That girl's IQ has not improved as she has gotten older. You know.

#1902 9 months ago

Anybody catch these videos From the John Hopkins Center for Health Security.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9-oVXQX88esnrdhaiuRdXGG7XOVYB9Xm

#1903 9 months ago

https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f8-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

Financial Times made it's charts and graphs free.

Right now the US seems like it's faring better than Italy in number of deaths. I'd like to see a chart showing whether or not that's just a timing thing (they are 10 days ahead) or not.

http___com.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws (resized).png
#1905 9 months ago

Everyone builds up a Comfy House of beliefs to live in over a long period of time. It gets validated by information they choose to surround themselves with. Conflicting information - even when true - generally cannot penetrate the house. The house owner just thickens the walls - especially when the info is true and conflicts with a belief.

This coronavirus information (a real world problem that is inextricably wound up in politics for some) is in severe conflict with some people's carefully constructed Comfy Houses. Dunking on those people or presenting them with facts can cause them to push back harder. It's all over this thread.

I don't have a solution for this, but understanding why it happens makes me a little less crazy sometimes. If you are at all interested in a better explainer (and it is a comic - we all like comics!):

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

#1906 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Also in the news, the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus tracking site has gone back to showing county by county virus numbers for each US state. This feature had previously been turned off for the last couple weeks.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html[quoted image]

Yeah, I kind of wondered about why they went from specific map points (cities) to just showing the numbers for an entire state. That happened a few weeks ago. Maybe it was to handle the load of requests they were receiving. Maybe it was an attempt to not cause people in specific cities to panic. Why did they suddenly revert it to the way it was? Did they increase server capacity to handle the increased load? Or was it to now maybe scare people into staying inside?

The World has Chicken Pox.

#1907 9 months ago

Welcome aboard bro!

Hey wanna go play some basketball in the park?

#1908 9 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

To be honest the best thing this country could do at this moment to help us all is suspend the 1st amendment temporarily and begin to prosecute news outlets for irresponsible reporting.

Actually, I would feel more comfortable if Facebook and YouTube were shut down. I have pretty much always been an advocate for no censorship, but these 2 online rags have changed my opinion. At least, they got rid of Alex Jones.

Unless it is something showing me how to hammer a nail, or Scotty Kilmer banging his head on a car hood, I don't trust them.

#1909 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO!!!!!!
If anybody should be prosecuted for “lying” it isn’t the media.
The media are heroes and they have saved this country from the bullshit and lies of others.

What a bunch of nonsense.

#1910 9 months ago

I'm just pissed that for a country that toots it's own horn about being "the best", we were so ill-prepared for something like this, that we're telling our doctors and nurses to re-use face masks and we have to rely on volunteer quilters to make home-made masks out of quilt squares.

WTF, America?

WHAT THE FUCK.

#1911 9 months ago

We weren't ill-prepared. We're being PATRIOTIC and RESOURCEFUL and pulling up them BOOTSTRAPS cuz that's how we WIN

#1912 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Welcome aboard bro!
Hey wanna go play some basketball in the park?

FB_IMG_1584907484040 (resized).jpg
#1913 9 months ago

Everyone needs to get passed the blame game, it does absolutely no good. They’ll be plenty of time for that after this passes.

#1915 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Everyone needs to get passed the blame game, it does absolutely no good. They’ll be plenty of time for that after this passes.

I am in agreement as far as blaming pangolins or delayed testing fiascos from 2 months ago.

Looking critically at and being vocal about current approaches and plans (to improve them) as they unfold over time is appropriate and necessary, IMO. That has certainly helped push us into suppression mode.

#1916 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I strongly disagree.

We need to have someone in a leadership position who can handle the job.

Put in Mike Pence.I have 100x more faith in his leadership during this time.

Trump is incapable of handling something serious where potentially millions of lives are at stake.

Sure it was great when you had a Jackass braying up there and the Stock Market was soaring, but now ALL OF THOSE GAINS are gone.

If you watch 5 minutes of any Press Conference in the last 1.5 months, that is obviously clear to anyone who isn't still a part of The Cult.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I kept hoping that he'd rise up to meet the challenges of the job. HE HASN'T CHANGED A BIT. He's still the same unapologetic liar, who cares for nobody but himself and his gigantic ego, that he was when he was a GAME SHOW HOST and a real-estate investor.

Now where did I put my TDS prescription pills...

#1917 9 months ago

Stay at home issued here in Maryland starting at 5 pm this evening.

#1918 9 months ago

Here's another take on a home-brew lower-cost ventilator:

#1919 9 months ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I have been impressed with the V.P., as well. Cool. Calm. Even. Just sort of glides along.

#1920 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Actually, I would feel more comfortable if Facebook and YouTube were shut down. I have pretty much always been an advocate for no censorship, but these 2 online rags have changed my opinion. At least, they got rid of Alex Jones.
Unless it is something showing me how to hammer a nail, or Scotty Kilmer banging his head on a car hood, I don't trust them.

There is a lot of great content on Youtube if you look for it:

MedCram
https://www.youtube.com/user/MEDCRAMvideos/videos

Doctor Mike:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0QHWhjbe5fGJEPz3sVb6nw

Dr. Mike Hansen:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMSsLqxqvZsNXi0Z-VjN89A

Medlife Crisis:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgRBRE1DUP2w7HTH9j_L4OQ

#1921 9 months ago

It's coming. Get ready.

This...

images-2 (resized).jpeg
images-3 (resized).jpeg
==================================

Will lead to this:

images-1 (resized).jpeg
Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
=================================

For anyone who thinks this cannot happen here, let's talk about New Orleans after Katrina.

images (resized).jpeg

#1922 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really don’t know why this is all happening.
Is it the 2 months of denial / “this is no big deal” we were subjected to from so many sources before we started taking this seriously?
Is it 250 years of “don’t tread on me” culture that has defiance built into the American psyche?
Are we simply dumber than ever? (I’m sure this gets a lot of votes)
I really have no idea. All I know is we look like a nation of Fn morons and it’s quite embarrassing and depressing. I’m losing faith that people will behave. It seriously might take military intervention.

aSIMOV (resized).jpg

I think one of my favorite authors said it best.

#1923 9 months ago

Good morning gentlemen. Did you all sleep well? I certainly did.

Did I miss anything so far?

#1924 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not a damn thing!

#1925 9 months ago
Quoted from Lame33:

[quoted image]

You have all my thumbs sir.

#1926 9 months ago

One thing that has really come out of the woodwork with this virus, are all the people sharing that they're in poor health or immuno-compromised. (Or that they have a loved one in that situation).

I did not realize we were so sick as a nation.

You'd think Healthcare would be the #1 issue at every ballot state/federal.

#1927 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You need more walking Tacos!

#1928 9 months ago
Quoted from chad:

You need more walking Tacos!

At least the sun's out today. More rain lately than in years. You shoulda heard it coming down last night.

#1929 9 months ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

One thing that has really come out of the woodwork with this virus, are all the people sharing that they're in poor health or immuno-compromised. (Or that they have a loved one in that situation).

I agree healthcare should be up there. But healthcare is like a mob run business. The prices really need to come down as it is out of control!

#1931 9 months ago

It's not just young people. 1800 person church service yesterday in Louisiana. FFS.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/central-church-hosts-more-than-1800-people-amid-covid-19-outbreak/

#1932 9 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's not just young people. 1800 person church service yesterday in Louisiana. FFS.
https://www.cbs42.com/news/central-church-hosts-more-than-1800-people-amid-covid-19-outbreak/

200 people at a service outside Pittsburgh.
===
“could possibly be, disguised in everything else, a direct attack on the church.”
===

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/about-200-attend-hempfields-word-of-life-church-amid-cornavirus-shutdown/

#1933 9 months ago
Quoted from Lame33:

[quoted image]

I don't think I've seen that quote before; that's excellent and describes the current toxic environment perfectly.

#1934 9 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

"If GOD wanted you to get sick he'd have MIRACLED your ass by now"! (apologies to R. Lee Ermey)

This is a REAL issue of thorny gray area almost guaranteed to be a constitutional challenge. KY's governor took flak for discouraging church services early on: "Bu bu bu right to assemble, separation of church and state, the gubmint can't force a church to close so by golly we're gonna continue and the Lord will protect us...."

Not as simple as it should be. The very carefully worded statements to discourage but not mandate church gatherings can't have the compulsory force of law because... they literally can't, via constitution.

#1935 9 months ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I strongly disagree.
We need to have someone in a leadership position who can handle the job.

Trump is incapable of handling something serious where potentially millions of lives are at stake.
Sure it was great when you had a Jackass braying up there and the Stock Market was soaring, but now ALL OF THOSE GAINS are gone.
If you watch 5 minutes of any Press Conference in the last 1.5 months, that is obviously clear to anyone who isn't still a part of The Cult.
I didn't vote for Trump, but I kept hoping that he'd rise up to meet the challenges of the job. HE HASN'T CHANGED A BIT. He's still the same unapologetic liar, who cares for nobody but himself and his gigantic ego, that he was when he was a GAME SHOW HOST and a real-estate investor.
Now where did I put my TDS prescription pills...[quoted image]

My point being is that yours, mine and anybody’s opinions at this time have no real value now, everyone is this thread has rehashed their opinions to death and nothing really constructive comes from it. No matter how angry people get it’s not going to change a damn thing as it pertains to the current situation.

#1936 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good morning Odin, Hows the JD stash holding up?

#1937 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Good morning Odin, Hows the JD stash holding up?

Speaking of which, I feel like it’s only a matter of time before I start diving into those random bottles in my liquor cabinet that have sat there for years.
We have a bunch of bottle that have accumulated over the years that never get touched that are mainly thing that people brought over during parties.

#1938 9 months ago

Stone cold sober over here. Doing everything I can think to boost immune system.

My liver can’t pull an O-din to kill it off that way. Anything in between is asking for trouble.

#1939 9 months ago

I’m glad the owner of our company is a sensible man, yes I’m still working, in isolation. He’s only allowing 1 person to work in the office and 1 person in the shop, at our other facility.

#1940 9 months ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

It is #1. It is called "sorry that you cannot afford any insurance. But we are sure you will figure something out. "

#1941 9 months ago

Alright. Danny is the first in the line of celebrities that is sure to develop. It is amazing who people will glom onto as their advisors.

#1942 9 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Quoted from JodyG:

200 people at a service outside Pittsburgh.
===
“could possibly be, disguised in everything else, a direct attack on the church.”
===
https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/about-200-attend-hempfields-word-of-life-church-amid-cornavirus-shutdown/

Apparently, this preacher missed that part in the Bible where you are not supposed to tempt God.

#1943 9 months ago

I do not know if it has been discussed yet, but since Stern and others are halting pinball production, I think the pinball manufacturing industry probably has the right equipment and skills set for manufacturing ventilators and respirators. Obviously they will need some help from federal gov't to retool and get set up, but figure it can happen fairly quick.

Just like GTB and the rest of the old pinball industry did during WW II making parachute harness etc.

#1944 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's coming. Get ready.
This...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
==================================
Will lead to this:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
=================================
For anyone who thinks this cannot happen here, let's talk about New Orleans after Katrina.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately with the lack of discipline here, you’re probably not far off.

#1945 9 months ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I do not know if it has been discussed yet, but since Stern and others are halting pinball production, I think the pinball manufacturing industry probably has the right equipment and skills set for manufacturing ventilators and respirators. Obviously they will need some help from federal gov't to retool and get set up, but figure it can happen fairly quick.

Lol! In true Stern fashion, if they do make ventilators, we’ll have to wait two years until the software to run them is finished ...

#1946 9 months ago

Stern and CGC would probably be better at making coffins than ventilators.

#1947 9 months ago

This thread is giving the impression that US is the only part of the world suffering from corona virus.

#1948 9 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

In true Stern fashion, if they do make ventilators, we’ll have to wait two years until the software to run them is finished

lol! Jokes aside, I wish them well. Hope no one will be severely ill there.

#1949 9 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nope. Just more bitter back and forth digital face slapping and posturing, and many thread ejects as a result.

If behavior like this continues offline as well as online, we'll soon enough be down to one member arguing with air, and maybe similarly populace wise.

#1950 9 months ago

So here is news that started last night, and we should pay attention to this story.
Hong Kong, is now reinfected again. We should all watch how it is handled to be successful
at stopping the transfer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/asia/hong-kong-coronavirus-quarantine-intl-hnk/index.html

The Story does not have to come from CNN, feel free to see it in British, Turkish, or Middle Eastern News
stories.

If where you are and what you believe feels perfectly safe, odds are fine that you will be.
If you think this is a clusterf*ck, for not following a different path of "war", and are waiting for
a body count to see how we are doing, I get that too.

Viruses dont care. If we see a 2% or a 5% mortality, based on everyone getting treatment that needs
it, a Warm weather die off, a Vaccine in 90 days, yes, that might be the path.

Other paths, historically, go differently, because many will get no treatment.

Im a realist preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best.

This issue is about how many die, and how long the virus takes to be contained, or to simply let it spread
everywhere. Only Science can change this.

I cant help what I have learned, or who is in my family I talk too, and their work, but it all factors
into how I think. (OMG, We could really be screwed!)

I am here, because I care about ALL of you. You are my Family.

Im happy to share, Im happy to go away. But recognize Now, to expand your News sources, Please.
That is all I can ask.

Wherever you are, whatever your age, what you believe, or what party you support, this virus does not care.

You decide if it is containment, or Global Spread. Thats it.

Rant over. Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Inc
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 69.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
There are 21252 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 425.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside