272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 576.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just trying to balance out all your stupid comments

#1852 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

All you have to do is look at the president’s Twitter timeline to know that that’s the plan. Look for the tweet in all caps, and the many retweets. I don’t think the feds can overrule a governor’s orders, and I don’t think the intent is to make people in NYC go back to work. It’s more concerning for states like mine where “things aren’t that bad yet”.

Incidentally, a few of those spring break kids in Florida have already tested positive, and others are probably dragging it back home to their deep south states that previously did not have a high number of exposures. I expect to see a big jump of cases in that region in the next 10 days as a result.

#1853 4 years ago

The echo chamber of recycled political talking points and microaggressions is getting tiresome.

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just trying to balance out all your stupid comments

That would take like a year at least.

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Also in the news, the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus tracking site has gone back to showing county by county virus numbers for each US state. This feature had previously been turned off for the last couple weeks.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html[quoted image]

Just wait until all those spring breakers go back home and infect people for 10 days. US numbers are going to sky rocket. I predict 1 million infections in the US by mid April. Even here in Canada some people still don't get it. Went to the grocery store yesterday wearing gloves and glasses. I have a bottle of purell with me at all times. I go shopping for 3 families (mine, my-inlaws and my sister in-laws family). Drop groceries at doorstep. Get paid via EMT once their bill reaches over $100. I see people walking in with their entire family, no gloves, no protection.....

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The echo chamber of recycled political talking points and microaggressions is getting tiresome.

The natural evolution is that we simply spit buzzwords at each other for the next few months. Coronavirus mad libs.

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just wait until all those spring breakers go back home and infect people for 10 days. US numbers are going to sky rocket. I predict 1 million infections in the US by mid April.

It's already happening.

https://www.insider.com/college-students-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-spring-break-travel-2020-3
https://www.theepochtimes.com/florida-college-students-contract-covid-19-after-spring-break-trip-school_3281817.html

#1858 4 years ago

Vancouver latest Canadian city to implement fines for not practicing social distancing/crowd gatherings. $1000 Fine.

#1860 4 years ago

To be honest the best thing this country could do at this moment to help us all is suspend the 1st amendment temporarily and begin to prosecute news outlets for irresponsible reporting.

#1861 4 years ago

Friend of the family attends a large church in Alabama where they decide to continue with Choir practice. What could go wrong with 50+ people exhaling forcibly around each other, sharing at the refreshment table and using the same bathrooms?

I person was infected. Now 30 are infected and one has died.

#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Regarding the origin of this virus, please refer to this important article cited by Whysnow in a now-closed thread.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9?utm_source=fbk_nnc&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=naturenews&utm_medium=social&utm_content=organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=NatureNews_&sf231597135=1&fbclid=IwAR2SNdDj1SkUM21YGaf2t-ROv6KDEywJPXhtf9TPuDouQc29CPQOF5nGfqM
Really worth reading. Published in one of the most respected journals (Nature Medicine). The main conclusions are:
"the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein optimized for binding to human-like ACE2 is the result of natural selection".
In other words: "SARS- CoV-2 is not a purposefully manipulated virus".
The authors are highly respected experts from the US, UK and Australia working at The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, Columbia University, New York, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA and Zalgen Labs, Germantown, MD, USA.
So please no more conspiracy theories here.

Honestly, how anyone could believe it came from anywhere other than Wuhan, China is beyond me. Whether it was a pangolin or some other animal that transferred it, it is pretty clear at this point it originated from bats at a wild animal wet market (SARS came from bats as well which is probably why they used a bat as the source in the movie Contagion).

Pretty sad that there was precedent on what could happen from SARS and that these markets still exist.

#1863 4 years ago

What are wet markets and why you should care.

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

To be honest the best thing this country could do at this moment to help us all is suspend the 1st amendment temporarily and begin to prosecute news outlets for irresponsible reporting.

No. Just no. Stop. As fucked up as things are, doing THAT would put the fast-track to Orwellian Dystopia on Turbine Overdrive. *Especially* given who is actually in power at the moment to declare what constitutes "irresponsible reporting".

#1865 4 years ago

Same guys that want to stop criticizing current admin/approach and just 'look forward' have no problem shit-talking pangolin handlers.

#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

LMAO!!!!!!

Cut this shit out man. If anybody should be prosecuted for “lying” it isn’t the media.

The media are heroes and they have saved this country from the bullshit and lies of others. You are STILL buying into the lies if you think the media is the problem.

I seriously worry this country is broken beyond all recognition. It’s a shame, it was a nice place for a while.

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Who decides? If its Political, if we can start at the top, it would help not trickle down.

#1868 4 years ago

Can you imagine where we would be if he controlled the news? Corona would be snuck into flu/ILI numbers and we would just be having a 'bad flu season'

Dude media came through on this big time.

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

No. Just no. Stop. As fucked up as things are, doing THAT would put the fast-track to Orwellian Dystopia on Turbine Overdrive. *Especially* given who is actually in power at the moment to declare what constitutes "irresponsible reporting".

You say no, no and then precede to lay blame in the exact same way as the reports that we know are false......perfect example of what I said.

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I shook my head that my neighbors had family over for their weekly Sunday dinner. I was pissed when my kindergartener’s best friend’s mom posted a picture of them at church. I am furious that my cousin’s wife on Sunday posted a picture of herself eating inside a restaurant with a caption of “supporting local business”.

These people don’t get it.
Keeping it perfectly generic for you, when I see a freaking government official of any stripe going out and using facilities whilst waiting for their test results, any and all need to lose their jobs and be publicly ridiculed for being a dumbass.

Don’t hold back expressing this concern to the groups in question. While it may be your opinion, if you don’t express it directly, they may never hear you. A lot of problems can be solved by individuals becoming outspoken, evangelical even. Nobody wants to be perceived as a busy body or a trouble maker, but if you have a strong opinion, you should be heard and maybe this will help to save us from ourselves.

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Maryland 3-23 Conavirus Report
Good News (Personal). Instead of being able to only work every other week in government spaces, I can now telework on another contract remotely. The end result is that I am still 100% employed, and stretched across 2 contracts so if one fails I can bail to the other. My employer also created a "COVID Unbillable to Prime" charge code for the folks that were temporarily out of hours due to COVID related issues. The folks who couldn't come in for a day or 2 over billing concerns are now covered. Looking at my wife's facebook the restocking issues are still there, but things are getting back in stock at the stores. The plan is to not leave the house/neighborhood today.
Bad News: Looks to be another bloodbath in the stock market today. I had moved my money to a mix of short term bonds and "preservation of capital" and cash funds last week. Looks like bonds are taking a major hammering so that money is in the process of being taken out too. I am also worried about deterioration of things in Baltimore, less than a days hike away. I just ordered some battery powered window/door alarms off amazon so I can sleep better here if there are riots in the city again.
Points I'd like to concede.
Last month on a previous thread I mentioned that I thought that Asian people were predisposed to having worse outcomes on this and that the Western World wouldn't be hit as hard. I would like to concede that I was wrong.
Great News: I can play 1 of 4 pinball machines while I wait for telework to start today. I'm probably going to get on the Mame and crank out some Gauntlet Dark legacy too. Gotta find that 13th runestone in Skorne's layer!

I bought a couple of inverse bear market etfs last week.

The market continuing to crash is the last thing I want but unfortunately, I don't see any good news to rally it in sight right now. I hope I'm wrong even if it costs me what I put in those etf's.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Friend of the family attends a large church in Alabama where they decide to continue with Choir practice. What could go wrong with 50+ people exhaling forcibly around each other, sharing at the refreshment table and using the same bathrooms?
I person was infected. Now 30 are infected and one has died.

your just"singing to the choir" with this comment..

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

You say no, no and then precede to lay blame in the exact same way as the reports that we know are false......perfect example of what I said.

I wasn't laying blame. You inferred it.

So to be clear: If you want the goverment to declare what media sources are "trustworthy" maybe you should, I dunno, move to China. Or Iran. Because that works out sooooo well, doesn't it?

#1874 4 years ago
#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The media are heroes and they have saved this country.

That is incredibly laughable even coming from you Levi.....

Nothing (resized).jpgNothing (resized).jpg
#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That is incredibly laughable even coming from you Levi.....[quoted image]

Ok mr “suspend the constitution and prosecute the media.”

Seriously...you need a nap. Your suggestion is nothing short of treasonous. It’s clear your allegiance lies not with your millions of countrymen, but with one single person.

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Incidentally, a few of those spring break kids in Florida have already tested positive, and others are probably dragging it back home to their deep south states that previously did not have a high number of exposures. I expect to see a big jump of cases in that region in the next 10 days as a result.

Wow, they should track those returning and throw them in isolated county jail quarantines for 14 days upon return. Selfish morons.

#1879 4 years ago

As reported with a degree of frequency, NY shit will hit the Fan in 11-22 days, where it will peak.
What that means in terms of Raw numbers, everyone is guessing. After that, with factors we cant control, is the down swing. Then there is the second wave. Hong Kong, 12 hours ago, was in a position of Alert, in the hopes this wont happen.

If you live in NY, or Long Island right now, Id personally recommend, you consider any and all personal steps that you feel comfortable with.....Prepare and expect the worst, and hope for the best.

The Corridor of Supplies to all those on the Island, might see issues....or, it wont.

Be safe New Yorkers, we are watching and praying.

(Yes, I have Family there, and have lived there)

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

If you want the goverment to declare what media sources are "trustworthy" maybe you should, I dunno, move to China. Or Iran. Because that works out sooooo well, doesn't it?

I don't want the government to declare anything, I'm stating our news org. to this point are driving this mass panic. We have a problem okay lets deal with it without handing out BS as fact and raising alarm.
I don't know who should decide I just know like this virus we have a definite problem.

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seriously...you need a nap. Your suggestion is nothing short of treasonous

Need I say more, proof is in the pudding

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't want the government to declare anything, I'm stating our news org. to this point are driving this mass panic. We have a problem okay lets deal with it without handing out BS as fact and raising alarm.
I don't know who should decide I just know like this virus we have a definite problem.

We should probably also suspend elections, freedom of religion, and maybe strip women of the vote just to be safe.

Yikes!

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't want the government to declare anything

OK, well then just who would suspend the first ammendment and prosecute the media? You're not advocating rogue acts, uprisings, or domestic terrorism, are you? I'm sure all the Soldiers of Fortune would love it but do you want them prosecuting anybody?

THINK about what you're saying and how it would go into effect.

Jeezus.

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We should probably also suspend elections, freedom of religion, and maybe strip women of the vote just to be safe.

Blow it up Levi, don't forget to say I'm a traitor to my country. Don't know why I risk my life to help protect our country only to be accused of being a traitor. You would have been big news during Vietnam talking to all us traitors back then eh.

#1885 4 years ago

Levi have you served your country? Damn shame if you did that you would call someone who did a traitor. Maybe you'd be better off examining your own motives for a change.

#1886 4 years ago

RWH something tells me that even if CrazyLevi agreed with you, you two would have vastly different lists of banned media. And therein lies the problem and why your frustrated suggestion is actually quite dangerous.

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Levi have you served your country? Damn shame if you did that you would call someone who did a traitor. Maybe you'd be better off examining your own motives for a change.

Would you say that, as someone did, about McCain?

People follow by example.

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

For someone who has served our country, you certainly seem to forget some of what this country stands for. The first amendment is literally the pillar of our country, hence why it is at the top of the list. You are literally advocating turning our country into what you were fighting against in Vietnam.

#1889 4 years ago

Without the media we'd still be at:

"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

For some, the truth is very bitter pill to swallow.

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

therein lies the problem and why your frustrated suggestion is actually quite dangerous.

I understand the dangers and yes maybe suspend was the wrong choice of words to use but anyone who can deny our news sources are really out there now is just refusing to recognize we have problem. Don't forget you heard this from a traitor.

#1891 4 years ago

Levi did you serve your country???? Simple question.

#1892 4 years ago

Exactly how many people did those 6 dickheads infect?

I suspect quite a bit because of drunken hookups.
An STD is the least of their worries now.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Without the media we'd still be at:
"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"
For some, the truth is very bitter pill to swallow.

Except the Surgeon general states this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/surgeon-general-has-coronavirus-warning-week-it-s-going-get-n1166421

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Need I say more, proof is in the pudding

As a Canadian I feel that you (@RWH) have been broughtdown a rabbit hole . Your President is nothing short of a narcissistic liar that's spreads panic.

(our PM is calm and composed and his wife his infected with COVID 19. Our PM self isolated with his family and still provides daily reports from his location)

(trump.....I have no words)

#1895 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You are literally advocating turning our country into what you were fighting against in Vietnam.

Were you there? If you were than you'd not question my reaction to be termed traitor.

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I’m serving it right now by defending the constitution.

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, they should track those returning and throw them in isolated county jail quarantines for 14 days upon return. Selfish morons.

They can put them right next to the choir members and church attenders

Quoted from RWH:

That isn't even a valid argument for anything.

#1898 4 years ago

As a Canadian I feel that you have been brought that a rabbit hole RWH. Your President is nothing short of a narcissistic liar that's spreads panic.
(our PM is calm and composed and his wife his infected with COVID 19)
(trump.....I have no words)

#1899 4 years ago

What are wet markets and why you should care.

Excellent video.

Just watched it last night

#1900 4 years ago

Man. I step away for a day and come back to 602 new posts on 12 new pages. Y'all been busy.

I got to play some new pins yesterday (is it OK to talk about pinball ). Alice Cooper ! I want one of those. Stern Kiss. I like it. And TNA which I have played before---but there is a big difference in chucking quarters in the arcade and being invited to someone's basement for some free play action.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/38?hl=cmjb13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.