272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 576.
#19350 3 years ago

An update for you on the Great Barrington Declaration: the signatories list is full of fake names.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-dr-johnny-bananas-and-dr-person-fakename-among-medical-signatories-on-herd-immunity-open-letter-12099947

#19352 3 years ago

Yeah but, the main thing I notice there is the confusing terminology. Still using Vaccine words in reference to let it rip. Wtf? lol

Vaccines that work, do so by giving you the herd "immunity". That means you don't contract it, and so don't spread it either. So now if this happened, Covid doesn't hurt you because you never get it, Immunity. If you are a rare case that is Not immune, and you get it, who knows about what amount of resistance you might have to it (health, age, weight, vaccine effects).

If you go the opposite way since you find Natural Resistance is ocuuring, then that resistance is just reducing the severity of effects. That means you Do contract it, and Do pass it on. You are Not "immune", just a Degree of Resistance. Enough Resistance (a grey and variable fraction) would mean still catching it, but not having lasting negative effects, and/or treatment works more effectively where it did not previously. For resistance to perpetuate, and keep up, it must spread to be maintained... so clearly then "immunity" would cancel that natural resistance cycle. Not contracting it for a long time, meaning reducing resistance. If it does not become extinct and re-surges later, it may be deadly again.

Immunity and Resistance are not about the same things, worlds apart, as different as Vaccine, Lockdown and Let it rip. "Immune" is about as clear cut as being pregnant, you are or you are not. Resistance is as Variable as "This 'x' mph speed that you are driving at, it is Deadly!". Resistance, the "how long is a piece of string" aspect. It's Relative.

Resistance is never going to give you immunity, because then it would not be called resistance... it would be immunity.

I still don't think it can be completely let go overnight. Vulnerable need to be careful and looked after to stay fairly safe/protected maybe. There is a place for vaccine against cv19 in years perhaps, IF it passes all the propper scrutiny, and time frames, and is Effective.

I have to say I do question the way we are so radicaly messing about with nature. Breaking the conventions and rules, to what end?. Also in ever more risky and questionable ways. It wouldn't be so concerning perhaps, if we hadn't caused so many natural disasters in the past. What a track record!. Nature repairs our fu@k ups... we come along yet again with the next big hair-brain scheme, and undermine nature.... again! .... Rinse, repeat.

Let it rip means letting it be a symbiotic relationship. Human - Virus. It survives, we no longer die. Our bodies do have symbiotic relationships with things. An ideal Vaccine on the other hand stops transmission, and sees it extinct.

Anyway, misconceptions can be pretty dangerous sometimes. Things you can't see, as well. Ask an electrician!

#19353 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There are plenty of other threads about playing pinball if that's what you want, but this thread has graciously been left open by the Pinside team even though it requires a lot of work on their part.
This is a global health crisis and we as a species could learn some humility.
I'm sorry that you refuse to be educated about the matter, but it doesn't change what is going on.

It is actually a pinball website. Yes their work certainly is appreciated by me, and I hope all of us. Yes it is about time I donated! , I'll get on to it.

It certainly doesn't change what is going on, which is that cv19 is no longer centre stage, especially in our neck of the woods and alot of others. Fear is dwindling and taking a back seat for more and more people, and rightly so. Yes people dying is sad, but that's life and it always has been. Fear was an essential instinct at the start when the mortality rate was unknown, but now we are well past the point where living on fear is reasonable or rational.

You're right about learning humility... but it is not the unimportant people like us that are causing all the trouble, or lacking humility. It's baffling how so few bother to notice where the problems and lack of humility appear to be coming from. Some prominent well known people are Very self important, and more than happy to tell you all about it!

Are you sure you're not refusing to consider some things new to you, perhaps unfamiliar to your reasoning?. Whom are you saying is going to "educate" me "properly"? ..... you??

Same can apply to you, and your subjective assesments there really, man.

It's up to individuals to try and educate themselves, properly? . Going back to basics, using deductive reasoning and critical thinking. Refusing to consider alternative possibilities objectively isn't going to help anybody.

You seem a bit angry or frustrated maybe? ... as some others do in here. Is it possible that's step 1 or 2 on that Kubler Ross flow chart there?

#19354 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Once it is stuck on a surface it is done, good place for it to be, assuming people exercise a bit of basic personal hygiene.

Easier said than done .
When you go out , you have to use door handles , taps , petrol pumps , use your credit card etc , a couple scratches of the nose or a rub of the eyes , and bang ! you could get it .

#19355 3 years ago

Herd mentality is mass suicide. Lets infect 200 million Americans so 2 million can die? And to develop "immunity" that may last only a year? Getting covid once doesn't mean you won't get it again. You guys really are fucked if the morons in charge go that route.

Btw, does the governments thoughts change in a few weeks when there's a new man in charge?

#19356 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is it Official? Our best plan?

I hope not, and No.

Minnesota Dept of Health has good demographics by age. If you are under 40 you have a 0.5% (5 out of 1000) chance of dying from COVID-19. If you are over 70 that goes up to 2.5% ( 25 out of 1000). Overall in the U.S. we have ~217K deaths and ~8M cases, so 2.7% fatality rate.

Even though those numbers sound small, they are not. There is no consensus, but about 60% of the population needs to be infected for herd immunity. That's 200M people. Even if we assume the number of cases is understated due to asymptomatic people and the fatality rate is only 1% that still results in 2M deaths.

Think of it this way. There are 1189 people reading Pinside right now. If we let this virus loose, between 11 and 29 of us will be dead in 20 days.

We are presented with the false choice of ALL of NOTHING. It is not one extreme or the other. Several countries are doing much better at this then the U.S. and none have attempted herd immunity.

#19357 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only way to achieve herd immunity is to expose the herd to it. Especially since there has been more failure on the vaccine front over the last couple days.

Name a virus that was wiped out by Herd immunity alone without a vaccine?

Herd immunity will not work with COVID19. 2/3 of Americans would need to contract the novel coronavirus to have some effective level of herd immunity. With about 330 million people in the United States, that means nearly 220 million people would need to get the virus. Johns Hopkins University reporting the mortality rate of COVID-19 in the United States at almost 3%, that’s calculating out to more than 6,000,000 people dead EVERY YEAR without any breakthrough in treatments. Those aren't good odds. Its dumbfounding any one including the Whitehouse is even hinting at herd immunity but its probably something they researched on Twitter or Facebook.

"The idea is "a dangerous fallacy unsupported by scientific evidence" that risks "significant morbidity and mortality across the whole population," 80 scientists from around the world wrote in an open letter. "

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/14/ending-covid-19-via-herd-immunity-is-a-dangerous-fallacy
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/viruses-dont-just-go-away-the-toll-of-reaching-herd-immunity-without-a-covid-19-vaccine#The-timing,-toll-of-herd-immunity

Quoted from o-din:

Especially since there has been more failure on the vaccine front over the last couple days.

This is routine for developing a vaccine. Its not even known if the 1 person that was sick got a placebo or the vaccine. They may have got sick on their own and it was a coincidence.

#19358 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hear the weather is beautiful in Florida that time of year.

Way warmer than Illinois that time of year.

#19360 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

The university is spinning it that's it's under control

Where have I heard that before?

#19361 3 years ago

Wasn't paying much attention but thought I heard Illinois and Ohio were stopping cars from Indiana because of the COVID 19 spread? Kind of puts a stop to pin buying doesn't it?

Also got my flu shop but had to pay as I lost my medical insurance after getting canned after 32 years.

#19362 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Getting covid once doesn't mean you won't get it again.

It's not about "getting it again." It's about whether or not you get sick **when** you get it again.

This has not been statistically proven correct. 5 cases documented (on the whole planet) do not support a "re-infection" risk, rather a genetic anomaly.

The great majority of data suggests that this illness is treated like any other illness that your immune system fights off - once you get it and fight it off, you are not likely to get sick from it again. You may contract the virus again, but you won't get sick.

#19363 3 years ago

Well if Dr I. P. Freely and a bunch of naturopaths say herd immunity is the way to go, that’s good enough for me

Thanks for posting this. I had read the BBC article and had a brief moment of doubt that maybe herd immunity is the way to go after all, despite the high level of coldheartedness (to put it mildly) this approach implicates.

#19364 3 years ago

Herd immunity will never happen. Mathematically impossible with a round planet and Billions of people.
Lets just see how this covid thing mutates to a new strain next year. Then the vaccines will be to late to be effective. The reinfection rate will increase next year as we pass through winter.
Goodluck, 2021 is shaping up to be very similar to 2020.
Pandemic's take 3-5 years to cycle.

#19366 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Name a virus that was wiped out by Herd immunity alone without a vaccine?

Herd immunity will not work with COVID19. 2/3 of Americans would need to contract the novel coronavirus to have some effective level of herd immunity.With about 330 million people in the United States, that means nearly 220 million people would need to get the virus.

Let's just hide out for the next three to four years and let the economy go to hell then, and the 99% of the population that won't be getting seriously ill suffer. No skin off my back. I can wait it out as long as anybody.

Edit- I don't have the answer, but I see a lot of people getting restless and no longer want to wait it out any longer. Yesterday's trip to the market with most everybody half ass wearing masks shows they no longer care. And nobody is going to force them to do otherwise.

And this could very well be like the 1918 pandemic where people got tired of waiting and the second wave in the fall and winter hit the hardest and killed 10s of millions of people. But, after that, it started to peter out and the third wave was relatively minor. Then, it went away a total of three years since it first began. It ran it's course just like this one will one way or another.

#19367 3 years ago

To all those advocating this herd immunity solution and throwing caution to the wind I would simply say “ok, your family members go first”

#19368 3 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I hope not, and No.
Minnesota Dept of Health has good demographics by age. If you are under 40 you have a 0.5% (5 out of 1000) chance of dying from COVID-19. If you are over 70 that goes up to 2.5% ( 25 out of 1000). Overall in the U.S. we have ~217K deaths and ~8M cases, so 2.7% fatality rate.
Even though those numbers sound small, they are not. There is no consensus, but about 60% of the population needs to be infected for herd immunity. That's 200M people. Even if we assume the number of cases is understated due to asymptomatic people and the fatality rate is only 1% that still results in 2M deaths.
Think of it this way. There are 1189 people reading Pinside right now. If we let this virus loose, between 11 and 29 of us will be dead in 20 days.
We are presented with the false choice of ALL of NOTHING. It is not one extreme or the other. Several countries are doing much better at this then the U.S. and none have attempted herd immunity.

I think your percentages are off, or your target group.

I believe those percentages apply to "infected" not total population.

217k deaths out of 330 million is about 0.07% chance of random death by C19.

1189 x 0.0007 = 0.83, or about 1 Pinsider.

At least according to my math.

#19369 3 years ago

According to the Dallas Morning News, the county has officially been moved from an "orange" level back into the "red."

Dallas County announces 454 confirmed coronavirus cases, 1 death; Tarrant adds 624 cases, 2 deaths
Texas reports over 4,500 cases as state continues its march past 800,000 overall and approaches 17,000 deaths.

#19370 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's just hide out for the next three to four years and let the economy go to hell

No one is saying to "hide out" but they are just asking people to change their behavior and show a little self control for a while. There's a few things to consider. The virus and what its doing to business and peoples confidence level to do things they enjoy i.e. eat out, travel, fly, see a movie in a theater etc. is directly proportionate to "confidence". These types of business depend on how confident people are to do them.

Hypothetically, what if we just say screw it like your semi saying with herd immunity - I'm doing whatever and the situation get even worse - 400,000 people are dead by 1st quarter 2021 (they are predicting this already). Then - its not even about confidence in doing something fun its about basic needs like getting medical attention (when every ICU bed is full), getting food, gas etc.. We had a taste of that already this year already. Neglecting to address the virus in the US since February is just kicking the can down the road.

Quoted from o-din:

99% of the population that won't be getting seriously ill suffer.

Sounds great unless you are the 27,000 people that died every month for the past 8 months in the US. Herd Immunity will kill many more.

Quoted from o-din:

No skin off my back. I can wait it out as long as anybody.

Great attitude! I hope you can...

Quoted from o-din:

I see a lot of people getting restless and no longer want to wait it out any longer. Yesterday's trip to the market with most everybody half ass wearing masks shows they no longer care. And nobody is going to force them to do otherwise.

Having the stamina of a Goldfish and choosing Apathy after 8 months is pathetic...aint it?

#19371 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Your numbers don’t mean much because the population has not all been exposed to COVID. Obviously if you did similar math when there was only 1 COVID death the percentages would be even lower than the numbers you quote.

When looking at statistics you have to make sure that you aren’t mixing populations and coming up with numbers that don’t represent the reality of the situation.

There are also active mitigation efforts in place which are reducing the numbers of infected patients and thus the dead patients in the country. Again, another reason you can’t take the number of COVID deaths and divide by the total population and say you’ve come up with some sort of death risk.

The real question revolves around what the death rate is among infected individuals and then extrapolating that to how many people would be expected to die should COVID infect a large portion of the population.

As an example, if you were looking at what the death rate is for drivers in America, you wouldn’t include those citizens who aren’t driving in that population.

#19372 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Apathy after 8 months is pathetic...absolutely pathetic aint it?

You're trying to explain something to a few folks that will probably need to Google what 'apathy' means..

#19373 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

It's up to individuals to try and educate themselves, properly? . Going back to basics, using deductive reasoning and critical thinking. Refusing to consider alternative possibilities objectively isn't going to help anybody.

I think University might be a better place to start? Medicine seems to be complicated...

#19374 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

To all those advocating this herd immunity solution and throwing caution to the wind I would simply say “ok, your family members go first”

Sure, why not. How bout we start with my 98 year old mother who has already been exposed, but never tested positive or got sick? Of course, she took care of herself and never got fat. You sure have all the answers, don't you.

Quoted from hAbO:

No one is saying to "hide out" but they are just asking people to change their behavior and show a little self control for a while.

Looks good on paper, chief. I've had no problem with my behavior, putting on a mask when I go into a store for ten minutes. But most others I see don't.

I guess one train of thought is if you keep on suppressing it, it could linger around much longer. But, I know, the whole point of slowing the spread is so the medical industry doesn't get overwhelmed all at once. It's a balancing act for sure.

As far as herd immunity, yes, that may end up impossible even if a good vaccine is produced. I'm no scientist, but am very skeptical of the effectiveness of any vaccine for this virus, so those holding on hope and waiting for that may just be hanging onto wishful thinking.

#19375 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Truth. And in the absence of a vaccine (which I'm STILL not 100% believing will EVER exist), that's pretty much our only path forward. Slow the spread and deal with this shit even longer, or let it run its course, and be done sooner.
So the common cold is caused by a caronavirus, no? If that's the case, why have we not found a cure (vaccine) for it? What makes people so sure that we're going to be able to develop a vaccine for this virus?

Re-posting this because it's still relevant.

#19376 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You're trying to explain something to a few folks that will probably need to Google what 'apathy' means..

I don’t think they care.

#19377 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You maybe right Some may learn through attrition.

tenor.giftenor.gif

Quoted from Oaken:

I don’t think they care.

Touché

Quoted from o-din:

Especially since there has been more failure on the vaccine front over the last couple days.

Quoted from o-din:

I'm no scientist, but am very skeptical of the effectiveness of any vaccine for this virus, so those holding on hope and waiting for that may just be hanging onto wishful thinking.

Thanks for reminding us again that you are an anti vaccer. You down vaccines, medicine and even common sense every chance you get - here and prior in the "Do you get your annual flu shot" thread.

#19378 3 years ago

I too have decided I no longer care about the virus. I'm over it!!!

Nothing's really changed though unfortunately. People still yell at me if I go into a store without a mask on, and there are still no rock concerts to go to. My parents still won't let me fly down to stay with them.

It sucks. I thought just not caring about the virus any more would be enough to return life to "normal" but doesn't seem to be working.

What are my other options?

#19379 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Thanks for reminding us again that you are an anti vaccer. You remind us every chance you get - here and in the "Do you get your annual flu shot" thread.

There you go assuming and generalizing again. I've had all my childhood vaccinations as did my daughter and never thought twice about doing it. The flu isn't the measles, mumps, or polio, and neither is this.

Are you educated enough to know that there has never been a successful vaccine for any coronavirus? Maybe not, but what you have been is whiny, argumentative, finger pointing, and perhaps even politically motivated this whole time while sitting up on your high horse. But, the reality is you don't know shit.

Oh, and for those still hanging onto hope that science and a vaccine will fix all this, just remember, myself and at least half the population will not be partaking, so good luck with your shots. Hope it gives you the desired results. I'm counting on somewhat healthy living to give me mine.

#19380 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Your math is nonsensical. It's been explained a hundred times in this thread as to why. You don't divide by the number of people that didn't get it. Why would you do that. other than to artificially deflate the numbers? That is not how statistics work. At all.

#19381 3 years ago

Edited. I had this whole statistical estimate of possible deaths from unmitigated COVID but in the end I don’t want to send out that kind of negative energy and I don’t wish harm on anyone so I’m not going to post those numbers.

#19382 3 years ago

Also, no bitch about most people wearing their masks with dicknose hanging out anymore. Or putting their hands all over their masks trying to correct it. After all, it is the procedure demonstrated over and over again by those that recommend we do wear masks. I still wear mine proper, but am getting where I no longer care what others do. And am certainly not the controlling type that would force my will on others.

Natural selection and survival of the fittest will sort all this out in the end

#19383 3 years ago

Your numbers don’t mean much because the population has not all been exposed to COVID. Obviously if you did similar math when there was only 1 COVID death the percentages would be even lower than the numbers you quote.
When looking at statistics you have to make sure that you aren’t mixing populations and coming up with numbers that don’t represent the reality of the situation.
There are also active mitigation efforts in place which are reducing the numbers of infected patients and thus the dead patients in the country. Again, another reason you can’t take the number of COVID deaths and divide by the total population and say you’ve come up with some sort of death risk.
The real question revolves around what the death rate is among infected individuals and then extrapolating that to how many people would be expected to die should COVID infect a large portion of the population.
As an example, if you were looking at what the death rate is for drivers in America, you wouldn’t include those citizens who aren’t driving in that population.

I wasn't trying to make a point with the numbers other than stating we at least use them properly. I was responding to someone else's claims.

I agree with you Doc, too many variables and changes in control groups. No argument there.

I simply wouldn't want death percentage of infected to be confused with death percentage of population based upon what we are currently using. On that I think we can agree.

#19384 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

for those still hanging onto hope that science and a vaccine will fix all this, just remember, myself and at least half the population will not be partaking, so good luck with your shots. Hope it gives you the desired results.

Thanks for proving a point.

#19385 3 years ago

10 days ago I enter Walmart and most everybody is wearing masks. Today, not so much. What I saw most was the mask pulled down below the nose. People are starting to get lax---not that they were picture of a tight regimen before.

#19386 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Point proven.

You might want to work on your own attitude before going after others. Nobody's going to give a shit about anything you say. I might respond, but I certainly don't.

Excuse me, but this isn't the Jerry Springer show. And as much as you might like, you will never be able to force your beliefs or control anybody else's opinion, especially the way you go about it.

#19387 3 years ago

Edited. I had this whole statistical estimate of possible deaths from unmitigated COVID but in the end I don’t want to send out that kind of negative energy and I don’t wish harm on anyone so I’m not going to post those numbers.

Better man than me.

138250C7-2454-47F0-8BEB-54C16485E272 (resized).jpeg138250C7-2454-47F0-8BEB-54C16485E272 (resized).jpeg
#19388 3 years ago

The latest estimate is that 89% of Americans would become infected with COVID if it were to be allowed to spread unrestrained.

#19389 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Your math is nonsensical. It's been explained a hundred times in this thread as to why. You don't divide by the number of people that didn't get it. Why would you do that. other than to artificially deflate the numbers? That is not how statistics work. At all.

If you're not even going to read, please don't respond. I'm agreeing with the good doctor about how the numbers are nearly useless in the argument, but disagreeing with how the other post was using infected percentage to general population numbers.

Funny how kerrylimming's math is "Ok" but mine is "nonsensical". Am I right hAbO?!!!

Get a grip people. If all you want is doom and gloom you've got plenty of channels to watch. Im simply trying to correct what was stated. Bottom line.

#19390 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I too have decided I no longer care about the virus. I'm over it!!!
Nothing's really changed though unfortunately. People still yell at me if I go into a store without a mask on, and there are still no rock concerts to go to. My parents still won't let me fly down to stay with them.
It sucks. I thought just not caring about the virus any more would be enough to return life to "normal" but doesn't seem to be working.
What are my other options?

I would say buy some more pins to keep you busy except the bubble is about to burst!

#19391 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I wasn't trying to make a point with the numbers other than stating we at least use them properly. I was responding to someone else's claims.
I agree with you Doc, too many variables and changes in control groups. No argument there.
I simply wouldn't want death percentage of infected to be confused with death percentage of population based upon what we are currently using. On that I think we can agree.

Death rate by definition is the percentage of patients with the disease who die. I don't see why an infectious disease death rate would be expressed as percent of overall population who has died, that's an apples to oranges number. Again, you have to look at the population of infected people and using a national population brings in a whole group of people who haven't even been exposed to the disease. It would be a pretty meaningless number unless the entire population had been infected.

#19392 3 years ago

That doesn't surprise me, it's open to anyone.

More importantly, are there a large number of actual professionals there?

#19393 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Easier said than done .
When you go out , you have to use door handles , taps , petrol pumps , use your credit card etc , a couple scratches of the nose or a rub of the eyes , and bang ! you could get it .

All within your own self control. Personal hygene.

#19394 3 years ago

"Statistical estimate" ... and probably biased heavily in a negative way anyhow, if it's severely negative assumptions, as it wouldn't reflect what is actually ocuuring.

The propogated "estimates" getting airtime for this are clearly making all of the worst possible assumptions. Out there for fear, and to drive support for this CV vaccine venture.

Thank you for not posting highly distorted speculative numbers!!

All it does is drive irrational fear.

#19395 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah so lets go unreasonably way to the opposite of extreme, and artificially Inflate the negative numbers like some simple peanuts do!

Explanations that "explain" little to nothing, and don't add up, make no sense.

There are way way way more actual infected people out there, than some number of positive tested cases. There is no possibility that every case of Cv19 out in the world is identified or tested. Far far from it. There are Way more infections out there, many times more, than we can confirm.

C'mon guys, try to use some grey matter.

#19396 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It will be interesting to see if Covid has an impact on the flu season - heightened awareness with most of the population paying more attention to masking, washing, vaccinating, and distancing.

Hopefully it will be like the southern hemisphere where I read there wasn't much of a flu season...

#19397 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You might want to work on your own attitude before going after others. Nobody's going to give a shit about anything you say. I might respond, but I certainly don't.
Excuse me, but this isn't the Jerry Springer show. And as much as you might like, you will never be able to force your beliefs or control anybody else's opinion, especially the way you go about it.

You never even read what I wrote and went 0-60 with survival of the fittest and toughest guy on the block shtick. I couldn't have wrote my response any nicer or diplomatic to you. Of course the same 4-5 turds downvote all my responses in frustration or pettiness because they cant provide any logical response to the science either.

Back to the original topic.

When anyone brings up Herd Immunity as a way to deal with the pandemic people are going to call it out. Especially, when it’s been panned officially by 80 doctors and just about EVERY respectable expert on the planet. It’s the equivalent to throwing in the proverbial “wet towel” and saying we give up. Only one country has tried it an per capita they have had more deaths associated than anyone. It’s NOT a belief or opinion but scientifically proven to be the worst way to deal with it. Sorry if the plethora of science conflicts with your “beliefs” or "feelings".

#19398 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gaslighting becomes an ever growing tactic for when reason starts to break down peoples misconseptions.

Some can accept the realities that surface, others struggle and attack people trying to help.

There will always be that type of character that will just turn to unreasonable attack and Gaslighting when the going gets really tough. Rather than realising they are off target and accept something new to them, a change in understanding.

Some think they finished school or uni or whatever, and now are "educated" ..... newsflash, every day of life is a school day.

#19399 3 years ago

The latest estimate is that 89% of Americans would become infected with COVID if it were to be allowed to spread unrestrained.

With a now very low mortality rate virus, that has apparently infected hundreds of millions of people, more, worldwide.

This would be good for maintaining resistance.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/388?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.