272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 576.
#19050 3 years ago

Meanwhile, please, let's all continue to wear our masks properly to avoid the spread of this virus. Thank you

1fca97eed54d41d3b900317a194d9bb3-1 (resized).jpg1fca97eed54d41d3b900317a194d9bb3-1 (resized).jpg

#19051 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Quite a few of the guests at the Rose Garden event, where few were masked, have tested positive.
Here's an updated list:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/trump-timeline-activities-425041

This is an interesting timeline of when and who he could have infected.

The debate moderator says Trump showed up too late to be tested before the debate:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-not-tested-covid-before-presidential-debate-chris-wallace-210418307.html

Hard to say that it looks like they were taking any of this seriously until Trump caught it and needed hospitalization.

Trump's doctor dodges several of the reporters questions:

That's sort of different from this news report:

"The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery," a White House official said in a statement provided to the press pool."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/live-blog/2020-10-03-trump-covid-n1241952

#19053 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Add Chris Christie into the mix.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chris-christie-positive-coronavirus
"Chris Christie tests positive for coronavirus"

Chris Christie is in the hospital now and has a history of asthma and is morbidly obese.

#19055 3 years ago

Senator Ron Johnson attended a fundraiser after taking his test but before getting his positive results.

Unapologetic because “he felt fine”.

https://madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/after-testing-positive-for-covid-19-ron-johnson-says-hes-still-against-mask-mandates/article_779c1b9f-e725-55cf-944c-03122be174e7.html

#19056 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Maybe he's trying to set himself up to inherit your pins!?
Keep doing the smart thing, by protecting yourself with social distancing and masking until we have a sure fire antiviral/therapeutic.
Every day you put off contracting this bug, is a day invested in better understanding, treatments and prevention.

He's not getting my pins or anything for that matter when I die lol. I have always took this virus serious and was a little freaked out by it at first but theres nothing I can do about it other than protect myself and other the best i can.

If I can go three more months without catching it I will be alot safer because I am retiring at the first of the year. Still wont be totally safe but every little bit helps. I will quarantine myself in my basement and do nothing but play pinball, watch TV, and play video games.

#19058 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

This is an interesting timeline of when and who he could have infected.
The debate moderator says Trump showed up too late to be tested before the debate:
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-not-tested-covid-before-presidential-debate-chris-wallace-210418307.html
Hard to say that it looks like they were taking any of this seriously until Trump caught it and needed hospitalization.
Trump's doctor dodges several of the reporters questions:

That's sort of different from this news report:
"The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery," a White House official said in a statement provided to the press pool."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/live-blog/2020-10-03-trump-covid-n1241952

Just within this post should highlight some startling realities to everyone.

Could go several ways? ...

Actually in the end it only goes one way.

Stay tuned ...

#19059 3 years ago

Second wave of corona:

Screenshot_20200731-134522~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200731-134522~2 (resized).png
#19060 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Meanwhile, please, let's all continue to wear our masks properly to avoid the spread of this virus. Thank you.
[quoted image]

Come on Odin everybody’s schnoz pokes out every now and then.

Biden has been providing a great
Example for Americans during this whole thing. A one second nose mask Shot (which I’m sure he fixed immediately based on the film I’ve seen) is a cheap shot.

#19062 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If I can go three more months without catching it I will be alot safer because I am retiring at the first of the year. Still wont be totally safe but every little bit helps. I will quarantine myself in my basement and do nothing but play pinball, watch TV, and play video games.

That's awesome. Congratulations.

#19063 3 years ago

It's anyone's guess as to the Presidents real health status, as it appears the White House is staging publicity photos of the President signing blank papers and staging him in 2 different outfits only 10 minutes apart (exposed by EXIF timestamps in the digital photos).

Very odd, but I guess understandable due to national security concerns.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-hospital-working-pictures-are-pr-stunt-say-critics-2020-10

#19064 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Maybe the Darwin Awards will start kicking in.

Seriously, wth is wrong with you. There are plenty of people who I despise and I would never wish death on. Basic lack of humanity.

#19065 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Seriously, wth is wrong with you. There are plenty of people who I despise and I would never wish death on. Basic lack of humanity.

What’s wrong with me? When a group of people gather at a wedding function that exceeds local guidelines for socializing and partying, get infected, spread the virus around and 8 people who were never at the party wind up dying because 150 idiots got together I feel sorry for the 8 that died because of the irresponsible actions of others. I’m not feeling it for the idiots.

That goes double for a group of politicians who should know better.

So, bring on the Darwin Awards !

#19066 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hasn't happened to me since this started. But, I actually care and wear a mask that fits and pay attention. And, I'm not doing it with any other ulterior motives. There is no excuse for being a dicknose in public places. A better example is to pay attention and not let it happen. Must be real hard to be an armchair leader over the last 6 months.

#19067 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hasn't happened to me since this started. But, I actually care and wear a mask that fits and pay attention. And, I'm not doing it with any other ulterior motives. There is no excuse for being a dicknose in public places. A better example is to pay attention and not let it happen. Must be real hard to be an armchair leader over the last 6 months.

I applaud your stringent standard that you are applying to everyone always.

#19068 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Yep. Odin is a hero.

The way he didn’t spend even one week in March NOT getting drunk with groups of his friends while making daily trips to McDonald’s really set a strong example for
All of us.

#19069 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I'm just saying practice what you preach and don't use it as some kind of act. You can do whatever you want though. I had a dicknose behind me in 7/11 the other day breathing down my neck, and I almost turned around and punched him. Instead, I grabbed my shit and left and just said "what an idiot".

I don't like the mask and I don't wear it outside, but when I go into a store that has a sign posted, what makes some exempt from the rules that most follow? Oh, they saw a guy on TV doing it so this way is OK. I guess we should all go dicknose now? Perhaps the mask isn't even the issue here.

#19070 3 years ago

Dicknose indoors isn’t excusable, it’s the same as not wearing a mask.

I don’t know the context on o-din’s Biden pic, if he was outside and socially distanced then it’s fine. If not, then not cool. And especially not cool if it’s a regular habit vs a one-off. I’m assuming Joe’s not dick-nosing indoors on the regular or we’d have heard about it.

#19071 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The way he didn’t spend even one week in March NOT getting drunk with groups of his friends while making daily trips to McDonald’s really set a strong example for
All of us.

If you call groups of people the same one or two close friends. And since then, I have always wore a mask when shopping, which I do rarely, and used only the drive thru wherever possible. And, I'm not the one trying to set an example, just trying to do my part.

#19072 3 years ago

Just imagine where we would be of all our leaders started wearing masks in February,
and sent N95 to All Americans starting March 1st.
Total cost from then till now, less than $200 per person.

#19074 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just saying practice what you preach and don't use it as some kind of act. You can do whatever you want though. I had a dicknose behind me in 7/11 the other day breathing down my neck, and I almost turned around and punched him. Instead, I grabbed my shit and left and just said "what an idiot".
I don't like the mask and I don't wear it outside, but when I go into a store that has a sign posted, what makes some exempt from the rules that most follow? Oh, they saw a guy on TV doing it so this way is OK. I guess we should all go dicknose now? Perhaps the mask isn't even the issue here.

Biden's a pretty old dude who would be high risk and believes the experts as far as I can tell. He's given no reason to doubt his sincerity regarding masks, your nose slip pic notwithstanding. His mask messages are not harsh, couched in science, and mostly 'lead by example'. Even T affirmed Biden's commitment to mask adherence, albeit while throwing a little shade at him. Can't please everyone I suppose.

But you are def onto something, maybe the mask isn't the problem here.

#19075 3 years ago

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-669/

A good podcast from infectious disease doctors and physicians that I started listening to regularly in June.

It's nerdy science geek stuff, but I understand about 20% of what they are saying...

#19076 3 years ago

Trying to type out what I feel about the whole situation is very difficult because of the rules on Pinside as they are. I don't pledge allegiance to one side or the other and then refuse to budge. I use my eyes, ears, and intelligence to size up the situation.

Let's just say noone was prepared for this pandemic as it hasn't happened in over 100 years. It was a no win situation especially for those in charge. Could it have been handled differently? Sure. But what guarantee is that the outcome would have been better. There is none. Would somebody else with a promise had made some other critical errors? Maybe it could have been much worse. Lot of experts and opinions, but they don't know either. There is no end game, formula, or time limit to figure it out.

You could have mandated masks, but not everybody would wear them. You could tell people now is not the time to protest or riot, but they would not listen. You could tell everybody to go to school or stay home from school and neither is much of a win. Americans are going to do what they are going to do no matter what you tell them. People say if we did this or did that we would not have 200,000+ dead Americans. Really? We are probably the most unhealthy country in the world to begin with. Maybe could have made it so it took longer? Try running this country like China and see how that works.

But, mainly because it is an election year, a deadly pandemic has been turned into a political tool. I just hope whatever the outcome, none of you are disappointed when thousands, perhaps millions more die anyway. Or that the world sinks into an economic depression, the likes of which we've never seen before. Let's hope not, but no one man is going to make that much difference on either front.

#19077 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Trying to type out what I feel about the whole situation is very difficult because of the rules on Pinside as they are. I don't pledge allegiance to one side or the other and then refuse to budge. I use my eyes, ears, and intelligence to size up the situation.
Let's just say noone was prepared for this pandemic as it hasn't happened in over 100 years. It was a no win situation especially for those in charge. Could it have been handled differently? Sure. But what guarantee is that the outcome would have been better. There is none. Would somebody else with a promise had made some other critical errors? Maybe it could have been much worse. Lot of experts and opinions, but they don't know either. There is no end game, formula, or time limit to figure it out.
You could have mandated masks, but not everybody would wear them. You could tell people now is not the time to protest or riot, but they would not listen. You could tell every body to go to school or stay home from school and neither is much of a win. Americans are going to do what they are going to do no matter what you tell them. People say if we did this or did that we would not have 200,000+ dead Americans. Really? We are probably the most unhealthy country in the world to begin with. Maybe could have made it so it took longer? Try running this country like China and see how that works.
But, mainly because it is an election year, a deadly pandemic has been turned into a political tool. I just hope whatever the outcome, none of you are disappointed when thousands, perhaps millions more die anyway. Or that the world sinks into an economic depression, the likes of which we've never seen before. Let's hope not, but no one man is going to make that much difference on either front.

Agree to disagree. I believe the person in charge of the pandemic response and who leads a country makes quite a difference in outcomes, unity, adherence, severity, and length of the pandemic inside their borders. Be first, be right, be credible.

Tough to explain the differences in current outcomes without believing leadership makes a large difference.

#19078 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You could have mandated masks, but not everybody would wear them. You could tell people now is not the time to protest or riot, but they would not listen. You could tell everybody to go to school or stay home from school and neither is much of a win. Americans are going to do what they are going to do no matter what you tell them. People say if we did this or did that we would not have 200,000+ dead Americans. Really? We are probably the most unhealthy country in the world to begin with. Maybe could have made it so it took longer? Try running this country like China and see how that works.

You couldn’t be more wrong on any of this and I’ll just leave it at that.

No point in further discussion. Besides you are driving around on thin ice here in a dump truck and I don’t wanna be the one who finally gets you frozen for life. might be wise to dial down the bear poking for like a day?! I mean come on man.

#19079 3 years ago

We had plenty of preparation for a pandemic, especially for one that didn't hit us first. We got to school a little on China, Italy, and South Korea. Had about as much early warning as you can expect. Long explanations for why "it just couldn't be any better than it is here" don't wash.

We have entire (mostly) non-partisan organizations (NIAID, CDC, and others) that have plans and resources for things like this. The CDC's motto is Be first. Be Right. Be Credible. Means get the information out fast and as correct as it can be with no bullshit and then correct things as the situation changes and new information becomes available. Instead, we chose Downplay problem. Discredit experts. Disinform public.

There are actual manuals to follow when this happens - no secrets - take a look here if you are curious: https://emergency.cdc.gov/cerc/

Our leadership chose to throttle established response protocols and muzzle lifelong experts and now? It is what is is.

#19080 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:Agree to disagree. I believe the person in charge of the pandemic response and who leads a country makes quite a difference in outcomes, unity, adherence, severity, and length of the pandemic inside their borders. Be first, be right, be credible.

Tough to explain the differences in current outcomes without believing leadership makes a large difference.

Well, the last guy to try it was Woodrow Wilson, so perhaps a I'll revisit the history books and see how that played out again.

#19081 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You couldn’t be more wrong on any of this and I’ll just leave it at that.
No point in further discussion. Besides you are driving around on thin ice here in a dump truck and I don’t wanna be the one who finally gets you frozen for life. might be wise to dial down the bear poking for like a day?! I mean come on man.

Believe what you will, but please just don't call me "Dicknose".

#19082 3 years ago

And to show my bipartisanship, I've been totally at peace with sitting (well not much sitting) at home the last 6 months, taking care of projects while schools stay closed, and the Matterhorn rusts. But that's just me.

#19083 3 years ago

Seems like life keeps returning to normal in MA. Kids are in school and I am OK with that. More people have been in our office. Everyone is still wearing masks. I took the kids to the grocery store over the weekend and it was a chore. I honestly wish I didn’t have to have the kids in there with masks on or the sanitizer over the belt during check out. I didn’t want to put the produce on it with all of the chemicals! Oh well - new normal, right? I do want the election over with. I feel like regardless of who is elected, it will bring some form of closure to all of this. Glad all of you pinheads are staying safe!!

#19084 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Dicknose indoors isn’t excusable, it’s the same as not wearing a mask.
I don’t know the context on o-din’s Biden pic, if he was outside and socially distanced then it’s fine. If not, then not cool. And especially not cool if it’s a regular habit vs a one-off. I’m assuming Joe’s not dick-nosing indoors on the regular or we’d have heard about it.

He’s obviously outside. Unless he’s in a room with 1,000 watt bulbs and patio chairs.

#19085 3 years ago

O-dins post is spot on. Exactly what I think but unable to put into words. It doesn't matter what we were told to do or not to do by the government, lots of people are gonna do what they want regardless. If we can't ALL wear a mask and stop the spread etc...., then it seems to be a wasted effort, because then someone else is always spreading it. Everyone wants to finger point and blame, but the reality is our country as a whole is to blame, because we cannot come together as a collective unit and do what needs to be done.

#19087 3 years ago

See the Crimson project/reportdt leaked in Dec 2019. It helps understand what happened to our pandemic plans, should one happen. Commissioned by current administration.
See Cornell University study last week on 36 million pieces of info analayzed on covid.
Sure, 100% compliance cannot be garunteed. But we have an overwhelming
Incorrect method of logic that states anything less than 100%, is a failure of point of contention.
Often this is a method in straw man arguements.

#19088 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

O-dins post is spot on. Exactly what I think but unable to put into words

It wasn't easy, believe me. Tough times bring out strong opinions. I guess it comes down to what would I have done. Even with my somewhat high intelligence, I wouldn't know where to start. Just glad they have top men working on it.

#19089 3 years ago

If I had to point to one thing that we are not proud of it is that are tribal nature and rabid fanaticism of professional sports has seeped into our politics. We used to “all come together as a team” to quote Pink Floyd after our elections... now it’s just bitter rivalry till the other side capitulates or your team wins, rinse, repeat. No way to run a republic, let alone a democracy.

#19090 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It wasn't easy, believe me. Tough times bring out strong opinions. I guess it comes down to what would I have done. Even with my somewhat high intelligence, I wouldn't know where to start. Just glad they have top men working on it.

Screenshot_20201004-201613~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201004-201613~2 (resized).png
#19091 3 years ago

I just wish I'd used "wardrobe malfunction" earlier when I had the chance.

And realize six months is now going on eight months. Time flies when you're having fun.

#19092 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

It doesn't matter what we were told to do or not to do by the government, lots of people are gonna do what they want regardless. If we can't ALL wear a mask and stop the spread etc...., then it seems to be a wasted effort, because then someone else is always spreading it. Everyone wants to finger point and blame, but the reality is our country as a whole is to blame, because we cannot come together as a collective unit and do what needs to be done.

Your logic is ridiculously flawed. It's not all or nothing. If 50% of the population wears a mask, then a lot less people will get sick or die than if nobody wears a mask. It's just that simple. I agree that America has some serious issues, and it probably would have been more difficult for us to take on the virus than some other countries regardless, but it's impossible to ignore the fact that our fearless leader not only discouraged mask usage, but openly mocked them. The damage that was done by this course of action is immeasurable.

#19093 3 years ago

So wait are masks good or bad?

We better figure this out, and soon!

#19094 3 years ago

You've heard of Elf on the shelf...now introducing for 2020:

Screenshot_20201004-230557~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201004-230557~2 (resized).png
#19095 3 years ago

At least as of today he's got it down to can't see my nostrils nose.

DSCN7266 (resized).JPGDSCN7266 (resized).JPG
#19096 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Agree to disagree. I believe the person in charge of the pandemic response and who leads a country makes quite a difference in outcomes, unity, adherence, severity, and length of the pandemic inside their borders. Be first, be right, be credible.

You and o-din are kind of talking past each other, IMO.

Leadership makes difference. Up to a point. No one can see around the corner. If the pandemic wishes to proceed, it will do so and all we are doing is trying to push the day of reckoning farther out. We will be playing the life and death action of whack-a-mole with hot spots cropping here. And then over there. And out farther still.

I read "pandemic" but I think it terms of "juggernaut".

A juggernaut (/ˈdʒʌɡərnɔːt/ ( listen)), in current English usage, is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as merciless, destructive, and unstoppable. This usage originated in the mid-nineteenth century.

#19097 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Biden has been providing a great
Example for Americans during this whole thing. A one second nose mask Shot (which I’m sure he fixed immediately based on the film I’ve seen) is a cheap shot.

When I think of Biden and his virus response, I think of H1N1. When that was going around, he said that he would not fly commercial airlines. He got his hand slapped for that comment and quickly retracted his statement. At the same time we had the the CEO of major airlines come out and talk about the filtration of the planes and how safe air travel. We never heard from DR. Fauchi, or anyone from the CDC.

Full disclosure, I hate flying and I am always looking for a reason to not fly. I saw his recommendation and eliminated flights during that time. IMO Biden says what is right but backs away when pressure is applied.

#19098 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You and o-din are kind of talking past each other, IMO.
Leadership makes difference. Up to a point. No one can see around the corner. If the pandemic wishes to proceed, it will do so and all we are doing is trying to push the day of reckoning farther out. We will be playing the life and death action of whack-a-mole with hot spots cropping here. And then over there. And out farther still.
I read "pandemic" but I think it terms of "juggernaut".
A juggernaut (/ˈdʒʌɡərnɔːt/ ( listen)), in current English usage, is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as merciless, destructive, and unstoppable. This usage originated in the mid-nineteenth century.

All while there could be an elephant in the room.

What if; whether masks are effective or not (for whatever reason) turned out to be essentially irrelevant? . It could then mean people just getting distracted, by arguing about something that may not actually matter at all, while what really matters goes unheeded.

Nobody can definitively prove that preventing this from spreading is better than letting it out. Too many out there fail to recognise this is a possibility.

It's a crazy world!

*Ftr: I wear a mask everywhere I'm supposed to. To help prevent spread of highly deadly virus.

#19099 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from Bublehead:

If I had to point to one thing that we are not proud of it is that are tribal nature and rabid fanaticism of professional sports has seeped into our politics. We used to “all come together as a team” to quote Pink Floyd after our elections... now it’s just bitter rivalry till the other side capitulates or your team wins, rinse, repeat. No way to run a republic, let alone a democracy.

Tough to put so much stuff into a few words... but there is a common element there, here, to the "competition" reference, and everything.

When vast amounts of the topic matter (cv19) revolves around stuff we're not meant to talk about ... well yeah, it's kind of a bummer when your response goes unpublished and all that jazz ... but fair enough it's a pinball forum.

.... and speaking of music!

Musicians, for years, have been expressing their experiences or thoughts via art! ... because sometimes just words aren't enough. Or also, plain words could perhaps be too blatant.

All different kinds of art too... and pinball is art!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/382?hl=bazilblast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.