272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 576.
#19001 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sending him to Walter Reed is a bit curious. It does make me suspicious that he has more symptoms than they are admitting.
Going to Walter Reed can’t be a positive for him politically so I don’t think they would take that step unless there was genuine concern.

I read he's having trouble breathing. I could also believe it's all a hoax to garner some sympathy or delay the election.

#19002 3 years ago

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/trump-campaign-manager-tests-positive/index.html

"Trump's campaign manager tests positive for Covid-19"

----------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/kellyanne-conway-positive-for-covid-19/index.html

Kellyanne Conway announces she tested positive for coronavirus

---------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/media/journalists-white-house-covid-19/index.html

Journalists who work at the White House are testing positive for Covid-19

---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/mike-lee-tests-positive-covid/index.html

Two GOP senators test positive for Covid-19, potentially jeopardizing Barrett confirmation vote
==============================================================

Sort of looks like the chickens are coming home to roost.

#19003 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You don't get admitted to the hospital for a few days for mild or moderate symptoms. I have a feeling they would tell us he has moderate symptoms even if he was on his deathbed.

... and the same even if he was completely asymptomatic too, I would rekon. An image being portrayed here, and some interesting circumstances now exist.

With a positive test he was going there regardles of medical status, of course.

Tune in for the next hair raising episode! ... thanks for watching!

#19004 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hang in there brother and try not to stress yourself out. You will be fine buddy.

Thanks @who-dey, I am so far doing ok, not getting worse yet and no other symptoms have shown up yet, but this might not be Covid and just a cold or the flu (hope hope) but I got tested, waiting on results.

#19005 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps the hospital within the White House itself may already be overloaded with patients?

Lol!!!

I don’t think the move is that curious, that’s where he should be in my opinion. I would expect the president to have access to the absolute best medical resources.

The lack of briefings on his condition is - of course - unprecedented in presidential medical crisis history.

#19006 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

... and the same even if he was completely asymptomatic too, I would rekon. An image being portrayed here, and some interesting circumstances now exist. With a positive test he was going there regardles of medical status, of course.
Tune in for the next hair raising episode! ... thanks for watching!

This is all reading tea leaves. Yes, there's an angle where going to Walter Reed makes it seems worse so you'd think he'd want to avoid it unless his symptoms were pretty bad. But on the other hand he's known to be a bit of a germophobe, and now that he's diagnosed he may give less of a shit about the optics and just want to get the best possible care and zero delay of treatment if things turn south, in which case he'd want to be at Walter Reed right away.

Ultimately he's the president, he chooses when and where he goes.

#19008 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Keep in mind, the primary purpose of the mask is to keep others safe from you.

Sorry I took a break. Yes that is a fact. Keep it simple. We all want people to wear masks? Give them simple reasons to wear it. Something everyone can agree on.

#19009 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Keep in mind, the primary purpose of the mask is to keep others safe from you.

Tell that to all the Joe dick-noses out there.

#19010 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Sorry I took a break. Yes that is a fact. Keep it simple. We all want people to wear masks? Give them simple reasons to wear it. Something everyone can agree on.

People will never get on the same page Rob. Some people are furious over these masks. I have a cousin that has been ripping my ass big time because I wear a mask.

He says out of all the people that he knows, he thought i would be the last person to be a damn sheep and buy into this bullshit. I told him that the biggest reason that I wear one is out of respect for other people, especially the elderly.

He is literally furious about this whole coronavirus thing and the masks. I swear hes about ready to go off the deep end over it, thinks it's no more than a cold etc. I'm like dude just wear a f*cking mask, it's not a big deal. He says I am a sheep and he cant believe I am bowing down to all these lies and that I should be embarrassed lol.

#19011 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/trump-campaign-manager-tests-positive/index.html
"Trump's campaign manager tests positive for Covid-19"
----------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/kellyanne-conway-positive-for-covid-19/index.html
Kellyanne Conway announces she tested positive for coronavirus
---------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/media/journalists-white-house-covid-19/index.html
Journalists who work at the White House are testing positive for Covid-19
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/mike-lee-tests-positive-covid/index.html
Two GOP senators test positive for Covid-19, potentially jeopardizing Barrett confirmation vote
==============================================================
Sort of looks like the chickens are coming home to roost.

The President of The United States. The First Lady. Two US Senators. Three White House Reporters. The Notre Dame President. Hope Hicks. And now Kellyanne Conway. It appears Saturday’s tightly-packed, mostly mask-free Rose Garden SCOTUS announcement was possibly a super-spreader event.
16CD0D80-CA9E-4D22-9663-293F1D7E30B9 (resized).jpeg16CD0D80-CA9E-4D22-9663-293F1D7E30B9 (resized).jpeg

#19012 3 years ago

^ There's a third US Senator that got it, Ron Johnson from WI. I'm unsure if he was at that event or not though.

#19013 3 years ago

Three senators if Ron Johnson was at the event.

Not sure on that one yet.

Edit: he was not there.

#19014 3 years ago

Very much reminded of The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe

Edit: dammit, I thought I was fairly unique in this comparison, but it does appear to now be prevalent on the interwebs. I am sheep. Or at least sheepish.

#19015 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The President of The United States. The First Lady. Two US Senators. Three White House Reporters. The Notre Dame President. Hope Hicks. And now Kellyanne Conway. It appears Saturday’s tightly-packed, mostly mask-free Rose Garden SCOTUS announcement was a super-spreader event.[quoted image]

4A116329-EE58-4C93-8F6A-6F174A00D51B (resized).jpeg4A116329-EE58-4C93-8F6A-6F174A00D51B (resized).jpeg

Looks like the cheap seats were the place to be for this one. Yikes!

#19016 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People will never get on the same page Rob. Some people are furious over these masks. I have a cousin that has been ripping my ass big time because I wear a mask.
He says out of all the people that he knows, he thought i would be the last person to be a damn sheep and buy into this bullshit. I told him that the biggest reason that I wear one is out of respect for other people, especially the elderly.
He is literally furious about this whole coronavirus thing and the masks. I swear hes about ready to go off the deep end over it, thinks it's no more than a cold etc. I'm like dude just wear a f*cking mask, it's not a big deal. He says I am a sheep and he cant believe I am bowing down to all these lies and that I should be embarrassed lol.

Just wanted to say I appreciate you wearing a mask. Thanks!

#19017 3 years ago

So this should be a wake up call, that the virus is real, and not a lie.
That anyone can get it, and it can kill.

Instead, it is now overwhelmingly, still the same, a Lie and a Hoax,and was NOW used as a political weapon.

Can people stop with the overwhelming, "I dont understand it, so it must be a Conspiracy, Lie, or Ancient Aliens!?"

#19018 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Three senators if Ron Johnson was at the event.
Not sure on that one yet.

This article says Johnson was not at the rose garden ceremony, so he could have been infected through a different senate gathering possibly. I suspect there will be a few more positives from these spreading events.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-ron-johnson-covid-19-20201003-d552vnh6nzajfjcqsd545nqfom-story.html

#19019 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I read he's having trouble breathing. I could also believe it's all a hoax to garner some sympathy or delay the election.

I haven’t heard that personally but there’s not much information coming out of the White House.

He’s received a monoclonal antibody and Remdesivir but not Hydroxychloroquine...

Hopefully that puts to rest all the Hydroxychloroquine pushers.

Edit: I did just hear that some White House “sources” have said he was having some breathing issues.

I really don’t understand why the White House is not being more open with updates on his condition. I would think they would want to get in front of this and stop all the speculation.

#19020 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Medical Community, Science, Epidemiologists, CDC, Fauci, Friends & Family: How about to prevent contracting or spreading Covid-19?

Large segment of the population (for some reason): Naw, not what I'm looking for.

#19021 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

21F3DFAA-D6E0-4B8F-8E6E-BB765E0A8927 (resized).jpeg21F3DFAA-D6E0-4B8F-8E6E-BB765E0A8927 (resized).jpeg838F9541-0675-4117-BB16-147272394B09 (resized).jpeg838F9541-0675-4117-BB16-147272394B09 (resized).jpegF5374FEB-9904-40BF-9B21-D2C19AAB5D2C (resized).jpegF5374FEB-9904-40BF-9B21-D2C19AAB5D2C (resized).jpeg
#19022 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So this should be a wake up call, that the virus is real, and not a lie.
That anyone can get it, and it can kill.
Instead, it is now overwhelmingly, still the same, a Lie and a Hoax,and was NOW used as a political weapon.
Can people stop with the overwhelming, "I dont understand it, so it must be a Conspiracy, Lie, or Ancient Aliens!?"

People are simply too dug in now. Being “right” has become much more important than fighting the pandemic.

There will be no “come to Jesus” moment.

No attitudes will change. You won’t suddenly see the “mask hoax” crowd get religion. You won’t even see a change in messaging from the politicians who are responsible for the split in opinion on following science vs following Sean hannity - the same people who are now testing positive due to their denial and lax attitudes.

When you’ve spent months trashing Fauci, flouting masks, making fun of mask wearers....how do you change course? When your identity has been so tied up into this line of thinking for 7 months, how do you change your thinking?

Chris Christie just announced he’s positive.

#19023 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a portable oxygenator? Just saw it on a replay. Good catch.

#19024 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I could also believe it's all a hoax to garner some sympathy or delay the election.

To delay the election vote would take Congress getting involved. I doubt there would be the stomach for that. It is bad enough already with Mail-gate and the Supreme Court justice confirmation, and wild eyed stories of the election being rigged.

#19025 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

Maybe the Darwin Awards will start kicking in.

#19026 3 years ago

Just watched the briefing from Walter Reed.

Here’s my take reading between the lines and going off of what questions the President’s doctor would not answer:

Trump was likely symptomatic Wednesday. He tested positive sometime Wednesday or Thursday. It sounds like he became more short of breath and they put him on supplemental oxygen at the White House before transferring him to Walter Reed.

#19027 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Better check Santorum too. I believe those two were doing the debate prep.

#19028 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Is that a portable oxygenator?

I have a different theory.

giphy-5.gifgiphy-5.gif

#19029 3 years ago

The swarmy presidential doctor just said the president was diagnosed “72 hours ago.”

Which would be Wednesday.

Huh?

Insane if true.

#19030 3 years ago

Add Chris Christie into the mix.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chris-christie-positive-coronavirus

"Chris Christie tests positive for coronavirus"

#19031 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe he's trying to set himself up to inherit your pins!?

Keep doing the smart thing, by protecting yourself with social distancing and masking until we have a sure fire antiviral/therapeutic.

Every day you put off contracting this bug, is a day invested in better understanding, treatments and prevention.

#19032 3 years ago

These two Youtube Channels have been my goto for the past 7 months.

#19033 3 years ago

Press conference by the president’s doctors blew up the timeline. If doctors are correct, he tested positive a day and a half earlier than the official White House date.

Also means he was a known positive when he came to Minnesota rally and the New Jersey fundraiser.

#19034 3 years ago

I’m all out of Shadens to Freude.

#19035 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are simply too dug in now. Being “right” has become much more important than fighting the pandemic.
There will be no “come to Jesus” moment.
No attitudes will change. You won’t suddenly see the “mask hoax” crowd get religion. You won’t even see a change in messaging from the politicians who are responsible for the split in opinion on following science vs following Sean hannity - the same people who are now testing positive due to their denial and lax attitudes.
When you’ve spent months trashing Fauci, flouting masks, making fun of mask wearers....how do you change course? When your identity has been so tied up into this line of thinking for 7 months, how do you change your thinking?

All Fair Points. I guess I wake up each morning with "Hope".

#19037 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

. I guess I wake up each morning with "Hope".

yeah and wating until I get my test results back, I have been nothing but a bundle of "hope"

More like a bundle of anxiety

#19038 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I have a different theory.
[quoted image]

“You are so f’en suave”

#19040 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Is that a portable oxygenator? Just saw it on a replay. Good catch.

It is. And it means that they coifed him and put him in that suit for show and to hide that bottle and line, which he needed just to make the 60 foot walk from the WH to the helicopter. That’s different from supplemental oxygen being given at the WH for “precautionary purposes.” That’s more like he had to go to the hospital because he needed hospital care beyond the considerable abilities of those available at the WH, and that walk to Marine One was everything he could muster.

And who the fuck is downvoting me for pointing out pictures of something objectively present and obvious? Bet that dude also thinks Joe wore a wire at the debate. What a joke.

#19041 3 years ago

If he knew he was positive and kept attending events infecting people, this will be a huge deal. If this is the case, the utter disregard for the health and safety of his donors and the staff that support these events is appalling.

#19042 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It is. And it means that they coifed him and put him in that suit for show and to hide that bottle and line, which he needed just to make the 60 foot walk from the WH to the helicopter. That’s different from supplemental oxygen being given at the WH for “precautionary purposes.” That’s more like he had to go to the hospital because he needed hospital care beyond the considerable abilities of those available at the WH, and that walk to Marine One was everything he could muster.
And who the fuck is downvoting me for pointing out pictures of something objectively present and obvious? Bet that dude also thinks Joe wore a wire at the debate. What a joke.

Yeah the “spot the Hidden apparatus” game is all fun and fair until it comes to this I guess.

#19043 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

If that press conference turns in to a superspreader and people die from it, that event will go down in the history books as a major, major fuckup.

#19044 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This is a possible answer why everyone on Marine 1 was wearing a mask. To "hide" the fact that the Prez. was also wearing a mask when he stepped off Marine 1 and if all the others were wearing a mask, then Trump would fit right in. This is only the 2nd time I have seen Trump with a mask.

And with the timing, you have to wonder if Trump was the one spreading it around.

#19045 3 years ago

Quite a few of the guests at the Rose Garden event, where few were masked, have tested positive.

Here's an updated list:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/trump-timeline-activities-425041

#19046 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your cousin sounds like a complete fukn moron.

#19047 3 years ago

In the last hour the Prez physician walked back the 72 hr timeline, saying he really meant to say day 3 with Thursday being Day 1.
Still not sure what time on Thursday he was positively diagnosed,
Still an unwise choice to go to fund raiser in NJ, after knowing he was exposed to Hope Hicks and his team obviously knowing she tested positive.

#19048 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Press conference by the president’s doctors blew up the timeline. If doctors are correct, he tested positive a day and a half earlier than the official White House date.
Also means he was a known positive when he came to Minneapolis rally and the New Jersey fundraiser.

Some source is saying he meant this is day 3, not 72 hrs ago. There is crazy and then there is I really don’t want to get re-elected crazy. Well, Gov. Evers got his wish- no Trump coming to our already crazy land. Almost 3k new cases other day. We beat Poland by 1000. It baffles me how this situation has progressed. We had less then 100 cases- complete shut-down. Now, 3k and “please wear a mask..”?? We knew this in Feb. Packers are playing, kids are in school- why wouldn’t cases explode? At least the Brewers lost early- not like anybody was having parties watching that crap fest..

#19049 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

yeah and wating until I get my test results back,

Do not let it take you down. There is hope.
My 93 yr old uncle contracted the virus several months ago,
he and about a dozen residents at his retirement home in Minn
were all positive and went to hospital.
He and 6 others were then sent back home after a few days because the staff felt
there was nothing more they could do for them.
He went home into hospice care.
But 3-4 weeks later he was off hospice care and celebrated his birthday and doing relatively well.
The unfortunate thing about it, is that all the others sent home with him, have perished.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/381 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.