272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 576.
#18951 3 years ago

No good can come of this. Kinda freaking out about it.

#18952 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

...the government battled pinball. The US waged war on Pinball for decades.

He JUST said to avoid politics.

#18953 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Our state, Florida, with Disney layoffs, and airline layoffs, is letting eviction protection expire.
I dont have the answer, but its politics putting the wealthy real estate owners over the working class.
I simply can't believe how much ass kissing for political gain we have right in front of our eyes.

You really shouldn’t over-simplify things. Most landlords aren’t necessarily wealthy, many are leveraged, and they’re are plenty of tenants taking advantage of the situation. Nothing is black or white. There’s a lot of tenants hurting and there’s a lot of landlords hurting.

#18954 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

As many other Americans have tested positive
.... and SURVIVED .

Don't forget, "it affects virtually nobody".

#18955 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

.... and SURVIVED .

Except for the 200,000+ Americans who didn’t. That’s on track to be a top 5 cause of death in the US in 2020 and the number is still climbing.

Your argument really doesn’t make sense. People survive cancer and heart attacks too, doesn’t mean we should discount them when vulnerable people are diagnosed with them.

To be clear, the President is elderly and obese. He is in a high risk group for complications from COVID-19.

I would be careful about discounting his risk off the cuff.

Also this is case in point of why it is not smart to downplay the infectious risk of COVID in young people. Hope Hicks is a 32 year old woman who has now apparently passed COVID to a 50 year old woman and a 74 year old man.

#18956 3 years ago

2020-10-02_9-01-03 (resized).jpg2020-10-02_9-01-03 (resized).jpg

Social Distancing Song

#18957 3 years ago

Zero surprise here. Anyone who decides to flout mask wearing recs, actively discourage mask use among employees, hangs out with people who circulate widely where the virus isn't taken seriously, and engages unmasked crowds/activities shouldn't be shocked when they come up positive.

The take home for me is that he caught it even with a full time staff of clinicians constantly testing everyone around the president - the most protected person on the planet. Means testing certainly helps - look how long it took to get got. But in the end you can't protect people from themselves.

#18958 3 years ago

Fascinating how prominent everywhere, media, people, the gaslighting and lack of critical thinking ...

... if not fascinating, at least scary.

There are much much more serious things around to be concerned about, than this waining manmade coronavirus "accident".

#18960 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

.... and SURVIVED .

212,869 Americans tested positive and are now pushing up daisies. You play the odds. Sometimes you win. Some times you lose. I would say the ultimate loss is way out of balance with the risks many are taking.

I do hope The Prez. has better luck with this than Herman Cain had.

#18961 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Zero surprise here

Just goes to show how transmissible the disease actually is, unfortunately Herman Cain found that out and didn't live to tell about it. As much as I don't enjoy wearing a mask I still do it. It's a small sacrifice to pay to try and keep each other alive.

#18962 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

He JUST said to avoid politics.

Don’t tell the government that my entire house is infected with pinball machines.

#18963 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Don’t tell the government that my entire house is infected with pinball machines.

The most SERIOUS infection there is!! Better get out now.
What's that address again?

#18964 3 years ago

Multiple people that were at the Rose Garden SCOTUS event have now tested positive. Outdoors yes, but close packed, few masks, and the Rose Garden does have extremely poor air circulation for an outdoor area (one of the reasons the roses die if kept there permanently).

So many events without proper precautions that it’s going to be tricky to pinpoint, but that’s the event I am keeping my eye on for further developments.

Also closer to home, we will see if the Minneapolis rally turns into a super spreader.

#18966 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Minneapolis rally turns into a super spreader.

We just keep seeing more and more of these big gatherings.

#18967 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We just keep seeing more and more of these big gatherings.

Well yes 'case it's all a hoax.

#18970 3 years ago

Might have covid... went and got swabbed... waiting on results. so far muscle aches, headaches and fever. First time in my life I am hoping I have the flu...

#18971 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Might have covid... went and got swabbed... waiting on results. so far muscle aches, headaches and fever. First time in my life I am hoping I have the flu...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope all is well. Please keep us posted.

#18972 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Might have covid... went and got swabbed

How about your sense of taste and smell?

Will certainly be hoping it's the flu.

#18973 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How about your sense of taste and smell?
Will certainly be hoping it's the flu.

so far that has not happened so fingers crossed

#18974 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hang in there bro!

We haven't had too many Pinside Covid cases. For all the bluster and arguing I think most people have taken a sane approach here towards all this. And most people here, regardless of personal belief, work in workplaces that have intelligent policies in place to stop the spread and isolate infections.

#18975 3 years ago

For the record the my mouth tastes like what you would imagine the floor of an overused peepshow booth tastes like after the booth mopper called in sick for a week. Not that I would know, but try and get that image out of you head...

p.s. my u/d ratio was getting to high.

#18976 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Outside of the mask wearing business, and of course, the medical care community, rent and evictions have to be the hardest issue to solve. A lot of people lost jobs that are never going to come back.

Not all landlords are rich. And many have mortgage payments to make on the rental property they own/control. No rental income means the landlord has to still pay the bank. And that puts us back into government moratoriums on no evictions and the nasty question of who is going foot the bill? The person being evicted has no money and no way to ever catch back up. Do the landlords take the hit and then push back to the banks?

As a landlord I can agree I have 3 mortgages of the 4 properties I own and my retirement doesn't even cover them all. I took a hard hit as the last tenant that was in one had a pit bull (that I didn't know about) that caused a lot of damage as the tenant also. The only saving grace is at least a deduction for the repair bill from my tax burden. But it doesn't really help if all you have is deductions and not much income to put it against.

Also Indiana on the news one day we are in the red and the next off. Come on make up your minds!

#18977 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Most landlords aren’t necessarily wealthy,

You can say that again!

#18978 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Our President and the first lady have tested positive for the Coronavirus, please pray for them.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-trump-confirms-he-first-lady-melania-trump-tested-positive-for-coronavirus

Hopefully, they get tested several times with all the false positives happening.

#18979 3 years ago

First time I've watched South Park for a while. Quite a funny episode, well sort of 60% funny and 40% major gross-out. Pandemic Special indeed...

Some great jokes about Zoom, and of course the cops as teachers bit.

#18980 3 years ago

Got the call from closest work mate they tested positive an hour ago. I feel fine but am in line to get tested. Wife is scheduled for Kidney surgery Monday and I have elderly parents flying in Sunday to watch the kids alongside using a ton of leave. I really hope this comes back negative. I'm not worried about the Covid but really want my wife to get the last 6 kidney stones on that side out. O well.

#18981 3 years ago

I am not sure I even know where to begin...or want to try bublehead.

Hope it is just a really bad hangover or something.

Some good news on my front...my mother in law keeps testing negative and will be out of quarantine soonish.

#18982 3 years ago

I dodged the Covid bullet this week. Had to see the doctor about my knee on Monday and they noticed I was past due on a tetanus booster and needed a flu shot. Tuesday night I developed a wicked sore throat, headache, and fatigue that didn't really fade until last night. Got the Covid test on Wednesday morning and the results came back on the test as negative this morning.

Worst of all, I now have Bill Gates designed microchips inside me or something.

#18983 3 years ago

Hope your test comes back negative and hope your symptoms stay mild!

My neighbor let his grown son quarantine with him (away from his newborn son and wife) after catching COVID at work. My neighbor got sick with cold symptoms and recovered a few days after his son recovered. The son tested positive at doctor's office ($300 covered by insurance), but the dad's test result at a free outdoor site, came back negative.

Testing seems unreliable in his case, but maybe he was tested too early?

#18984 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Hopefully, they get tested several times with all the false positives happening.

This is not a false positive. Helicopter to Walter Reed for a few days.

DA54B2D8-0E00-446D-9711-CA709FD7578F (resized).jpegDA54B2D8-0E00-446D-9711-CA709FD7578F (resized).jpeg

#18985 3 years ago

For ‘an abundance of caution’ President going to Walter Reed Medical Center ‘for the next few days’

ABC news, Washington Post.

Going by Marine One (helicopter), not motorcade.

Waiting for Trump to emerge from the White House.

#18986 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Got the call from closest work mate they tested positive an hour ago. I feel fine but am in line to get tested. Wife is scheduled for Kidney surgery Monday and I have elderly parents flying in Sunday to watch the kids alongside using a ton of leave. I really hope this comes back negative. I'm not worried about the Covid but really want my wife to get the last 6 kidney stones on that side out. O well.

Negative!

Hopefully my wife can still get surgery Monday.

#18987 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Except for the 200,000+ Americans who didn’t. That’s on track to be a top 5 cause of death in the US in 2020 and the number is still climbing.
Your argument really doesn’t make sense. People survive cancer and heart attacks too, doesn’t mean we should discount them when vulnerable people are diagnosed with them.
To be clear, the President is elderly and obese. He is in a high risk group for complications from COVID-19.
I would be careful about discounting his risk off the cuff.
Also this is case in point of why it is not smart to downplay the infectious risk of COVID in young people. Hope Hicks is a 32 year old woman who has now apparently passed COVID to a 50 year old woman and a 74 year old man.

Wasn’t an argument . I’m just stating a fact .
Recently most people are taking the test and results are showing positive for the virus . Or for the antibody test . Back in March when testing wasn’t that readily available , I believe most ppl had it and didn’t even know it .
Overall the ratio for deaths/hospitalizations vs positive tests are fairly low compared to a few months ago . At least that is what the graphs are showing .

#18988 3 years ago

To be honest, with Trumps incredibly cavalier response to Covid, it’s remarkable he hasn’t caught it earlier. No doubt he’ll get the best of care, but his age and weight are working against him. Very interested to see his mindset afterwards.

#18989 3 years ago

The Prez is a little overweight, but basically a strong, active, physical specimen. He should be OK in a few days.

They keep harping on the large percentage of Americans that have died as opposed to the rest of the world, but rarely mention the large percentage of Americans that are obese and never took care of themselves and have underlying conditions, basically very unhealthy to begin with, as compared to the rest of the world.

#18991 3 years ago

You don't get admitted to the hospital for a few days for mild or moderate symptoms. I have a feeling they would tell us he has moderate symptoms even if he was on his deathbed.

#18992 3 years ago

I had to go through an elective surgery today for triple hernia repair. They made me take a covid test Monday at the hospital which came back negative as expected. Hopefully I did not end up getting the virus from the surgery. They said it is safer than going to the grocery store but I doubt that considering I had a tube stuck down my throat.

#18994 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I had to go through an elective surgery today for triple hernia repair. They made me take a covid test Monday at the hospital which came back negative as expected. Hopefully I did not end up getting the virus from the surgery.

A buddy ignored his hernia and lost his colon and one ball several years later. I'd probably take a chance with the virus over that.

#18995 3 years ago

Sending him to Walter Reed is a bit curious. It does make me suspicious that he has more symptoms than they are admitting.

Going to Walter Reed can’t be a positive for him politically so I don’t think they would take that step unless there was genuine concern.

#18996 3 years ago

Waiting for test results and not knowing one way or the other is giving me major anxiety... I have two strikes against me, weight and age, and 58 is no spring chicken but it ain’t 74 either... So far just hoping this was just a mild cold or the flu but it’s been 2.5 days with symptoms and so far isn’t getting any worse.

#18997 3 years ago

Coronavirus Assumed White House Would Be Bigger In Person

“WASHINGTON—Underwhelmed by the cramped bathrooms and overly crowded seating areas, sources close to the coronavirus confirmed Tuesday that it had always assumed the White House would be bigger in person“

https://www.theonion.com/coronavirus-assumed-white-house-would-be-bigger-in-pers-1843412682

#18998 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Sending him to Walter Reed is a bit curious.

Perhaps the hospital within the White House itself may already be overloaded with patients?

#18999 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Waiting for test results and not knowing one way or the other is giving me major anxiety... I have two strikes against me, weight and age, and 58 is no spring chicken but it ain’t 74 either... So far just hoping this was just a mild cold or the flu but it’s been 2.5 days with symptoms and so far isn’t getting any worse.

Hang in there brother and try not to stress yourself out. You will be fine buddy.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 380 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/380?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.