272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 576.
#18900 3 years ago
80133687ed26_4360 (resized).jpg80133687ed26_4360 (resized).jpg
#18901 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The data tells the story .

Sure does . Proves my point , 7th of July stage 3 comes in , almost a month later cases are still going up , stage 4 is introduced and the numbers start to go down

#18902 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Sorry I couldn't pick your bizzare "sarcasm"

If you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic when I said people could go to theme parks in 536 a.d. well ... I don't know what to say

#18903 3 years ago

The USA/Canadian borders aren't really closed. Maybe to Americans coming up to Canada but if you're a Canadian with a US residence, or dual citizenship you're free to come and go as you please. Pretty fukn stupid if you ask me. They ask that you quarantine before crossing the border, but people lie. Had a yard sale two weeks ago and a guy asks if he can pay with a $100 us bill. I'm like sure but what's with the Yankee bill? Said his mom is up from Montana. Then a hour later, his mom was at our sale (without a mask) She's been back and forth three times during the covid outbreak. She never quarantined either way across the border. Makes me so pissed that this bitch just gets to do what she wants without consequences. She could have easily brought back covid with her and spread it everywhere she stopped along the way.

Selfish people are the worst

#18904 3 years ago

Family COVID update. 2 weeks ago wife and oldest tested positive, oldest went back to college. Her experience was that it felt more like allergies with a headache. Wife’s symptoms are almost gone except for headache and fatigue. Youngest daughter tested positive last week, only symptom she has had is a headache. I have been isolated in the hotel with no symptoms. By far my wife had the worse symptoms, she described it like having bronchitis with a sinus infection. Nobody in our family ran a fever, but everyone who tested positive lost their sense of taste and smell.

A couple of notes, COVID is running rampant at my daughter’s college. Her entire floor tested positive. When she came home on the 9th she brought it with her. Something that should be very concerning to everyone is that some people might only experience very mild symptoms, like a headache. If we weren’t already aware the we had been exposed, we probably would have sent our youngest daughter to school. Beware of mild symptoms. Oldest and wife thought they were suffering allergies. We were very lucky to have caught it as quick as we did. My wife gets tested every Monday and she was shocked when it came back positive.

#18905 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

... 7th of July stage 3 comes in ...

In theory maybe. But in reality, No. People pretended for weeks.

Quoted from BazilBLast:

.... stage 4 is introduced and the numbers start to go down ...

No the cases stopped incresing before that!. Even a sign of trending Down!, Before stage 4. Also, effects of the St 4 restrictions is not going to be immediate by any strech, it takes weeks, and still what makes you think something has turnaround effect before implimented??. You say too, cases dropped when stage 4 came? . You're really arguing against yourself.

Cases started to plumet 3 weeks after people started doing stage 3 appropriate behaviour, actual. That is the cold hard reality.

Look at the variety of info, or the graph posted, and apply some reason. I can kinda understand your denial some ways.... but, it is what it is.

Mate, stage 4 has done nothing good for you, and actually a whole lotta harm!. Stage 3 being observed proved to be all you ever needed.

I really hope you's get back to "normal" soon bud!.

#18906 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Apparently you missed this post that I just linked for you.
You did not see anything in the video because other than the woman being Tazed there was nothing to see.

Who-Dey was agreeing with you, believe it or not.

#18907 3 years ago

Sign on the vet's door:

Screenshot_20200929-105809~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200929-105809~2 (resized).png
#18908 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

40 years later and the Vee-Dubs are still sending out messages of death.

a22c13a27fe49d6226e8b76d52ae0b7aeb4efd8f (resized).jpga22c13a27fe49d6226e8b76d52ae0b7aeb4efd8f (resized).jpg

And if you did not like Kool cigarettes, you could get fixed up to look like a pack of Winstons.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 12.10.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-29 at 12.10.02 PM (resized).png

#18909 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Apparently you missed this post that I just linked for you.
You did not see anything in the video because other than the woman being Tazed there was nothing to see.

I seen the full video several days ago so i didn’t watch the one that you posted.

#18910 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And if you did not like Kool cigarettes, you could get fixed up to look like a pack of Winstons.

Go back a little further and you can probably find a bug with a swastika on it.

#18911 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I was going to get a BeetleBoard for my '74. But the only choice for Detroit was Kool cigarettes. I wanted to do the A&W Root Beer/Root Bear which was part of the brochure. No dice, cigarettes or nothing.

#18912 3 years ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54346001

THIS. This is why we are screwed, nothing to do with non-believers, or confusing messages, just that people don't give a $h!t about what the consequences of their actions are to others.

#18913 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Go back a little further and you can probably find a bug with a swastika on it.

Quoted from MrBally:

I was going to get a BeetleBoard for my '74. Nut the only choice for Detroit was Kool cigarettes. I wanted to do the A&W Root Beer/Root Bear which was part of the brochure. No dice, cigarettes or nothing.

The thing that shocks me the most it that it was 40 years ago ! I'm proud to still be around but sometimes it would be nice to roll back the clock

#18914 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54346001
THIS. This is why we are screwed, nothing to do with non-believers, or confusing messages, just that people don't give a $h!t about what the consequences of their actions are to others.

Unfortunately, this is very true.

The USA leads the world in cases (7,410,724), which is about 20% of the world's cases,
210,867 deaths (also about 20%), and we have a whopping 4,578 new cases.

People seem to be getting EXTREMELY lax and careless these days, with many focusing on politics and sports as distractions. Gatherings are increasing everywhere and will continue to do so in the holiday season. My area is downright scary with people simply not caring.

I hate to say it, but all the news of the 'second wave' wouldn't surprise me at all.

#18915 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The USA leads the world in cases (7,410,724), which is about 20% of the world's cases,
People seem to be getting EXTREMELY lax and careless these days, with many focusing on politics and sports as distractions. Gatherings are increasing everywhere and will continue to do so in the holiday season. My area is downright scary with people simply not caring.
I hate to say it, but all the news of the 'second wave' wouldn't surprise me at all.

Orlando, with Restaurants and theme parks open, is a Powder Keg, IMO.
Areas around the country, that have minimal flow of Tourists, should handle this better.
Our county and hospital numbers bare out the difference in the Tourist side of Town, vs the areas that arent visited.

Disneys layoffs have started across the board.....even affecting Marvel offices in NY.

#18916 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have been wanting to get into the city library to research some old news papers on film. No dice. You tell the librarian what book you want and they will go pull it for you after you call them on the phone. And ten you pick it up in a section of the lobby that is marked off. The librarian has no idea when the restrictions will be lifted. Since the library is paid by the city and does not sell books and only checks them out for free there is no profit motive for the library to need to open up.

I also just came from the pawn shop with an air compressor I bought. The pawn shop is socially conscious and all were wearing masks, but in the heat of the moment, trying to cut a deal, social distancing gets forgotten about.

The pawn shop, along with the bars, the restaurants etc. have to make a profit to pay property taxes. Property taxes keep the library open.

And this is the crux of the problem. We cannot expect for Uncle Sugar to keep printing money to keep everybody rolling.
================================================================

Disney is laying off 28,000 part time workers because its gambit to open has not worked out. Social distancing and theme parks don't profitably go together.

On October 1, the Federal benefits for airline workers goers away. I think the number of pilots, stewardess's, and mechanics that will get laid off is about 18,000----for now. This could be serious if the industry really shuts down. It will not be easy to get back up and running from a complete stop. Long term shut downs require out of service aircraft to be "mothballed" which is a whole lot more than just parking unused airplanes in the Arizona desert.

Pilots will retire and will not be easy to replace. Mechanics will retire and will be very hard to replace. Stewardess need a lot of training, as well. And you have the air traffic controllers, too. The list gets a lot longer than this.

Any recovery will be anemic and difficult with out a robust airline industry. Not everything can be accomplished with just a Zoom connection.

We are all hostage to this pandemic. There is no looking around the corner to see what is coming. Even if people give a shit, in the end it may not be enough.

Praying won't help.

This is Covid.

Meet the New Boss.

#18917 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Interesting, things are not lax where I live, a lot of businesses are still closed down, masks are mandatory, and we have pretty strict rules for places like restaurants to operate. I think if we had mandatory mask wearing in the entire country people would be less lax, it's such a good visual reminder of the pandemic, as well as the best way to decrease the infection rate.

#18918 3 years ago

Tonight is the South Park “Pandemic Special”!!!
Should be good, but I’m sure some around here won’t like to see jokes being made about it, ha!
Hell, watch anyway just to be offended...

#18919 3 years ago

The UK now has a full-on second wave. And there will be a third. This is the new reality, and we need to adjust behaviour for the medium term IMO. No more national lockdowns, and business must resume, but life is going to be different to the past for some time.

I was slogging through some wholesale and then farm shop shopping today with masks and gloves. The businesses are back and operating, just in the Twilight Zone now!

#18920 3 years ago

Well, it appears this is all Randy Marsh's fault.

#18921 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well, it appears this is all Randy Marsh's fault.

Did you see this at the Broncos game?:

Screenshot_20201001-010208~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201001-010208~2 (resized).png
#18922 3 years ago

/rant

Over the river in WI things are getting hairy. We have seen this movie before. It does not end well. Not much the gov can do this time around except beg and plead with people.

Wife has been back in the clinic for a few months now, but has already had a few accidental positives for patients and the clinic has had a nurse and med assist test positive. Fortunately and selfishly for us they didn’t work directly with my wife.

The network administration is already rolling out the notices that doctors may be shifted from clinics to hospitals as needed (ie clinicians have to quarantine or get sick or burn out).

What heightens our concern is that if she or any of us test positive she has to quarantine. Her pay is production based, meaning if she isn’t producing (seeing patients) her pay gets severely reduced. Last time what happened when they closed most of the clinics is my wife saw a 33 percent pay cut, which would have been worse except she got hazard pay for “volunteering” to work an extra day and a half a week in the covid clinic (she was told she had volunteered).

And no, this isn’t something “we signed up for”. My wife is an an internist, not an infectious disease doc. She works in a clinic, not an icu. So the whole “well you asked for this” tone and comments are not appreciated. The majority of people go to work with the expectation of NOT getting hurt. Even for those that work incredibly dangerous jobs like firefighters, there is still an expectation to have the proper gear to keep them safe.

The thing with covid from the very beginning has been its ability to rapidly overwhelm a regional healthcare system. Sure YOU don’t have covid, but when the system is overwhelmed, no one is going to be immediately available to treat your heart attack or your broken foot from moving a pinball machine. Whether you are waiting in the parking lot or being shipped cross state, You can go a few extra hours or days with your busted foot, but that’s a potential death sentence for more acute problems.

Yes businesses and society needs to find a new normal to function. But you gotta be prepared to freeze when the outbreaks flare up. Pre covid stores weren’t open when they were on fire. They weren’t open when the hurricanes made landfall, etc...

There were attire requirements back then too. You had to wear shoes and shirts dammit.

And some things just need to be gone for now. You can’t safely have 5000+ people crammed together for an extended period of time. You just can’t. Sorry not sorry. Sometimes I feel like it’s the same thing as explaining to my kids why they cannot have cake morning noon and night. “But I want it daddy!” Sigh.

/rant

#18923 3 years ago

Ok one more thing about “signing up” for this. Family friend is an obstetrician. During the last shutdown she went from delivering babies to intubating covid patients. Additional worry for her was that her wife has severe asthma and they have an infant and a toddler at home.

Well, guess what, she got covid. Had to quarantine from her family. Thankfully super mild and no one else caught it. But a big health scare for them.

#18924 3 years ago

I hate to say it, but I sense we may have a big surge of cases around the end of November and throughout December. A lot of the colleges let out and end their semester before Thanksgiving and then because of the holidays family members will get together. With Christmas in late December the surge could extend through January.

#18925 3 years ago

Our state, Florida, with Disney layoffs, and airline layoffs, is letting eviction protection expire.
I dont have the answer, but its politics putting the wealthy real estate owners over the working class.
I simply can't believe how much ass kissing for political gain we have right in front of our eyes.

#18926 3 years ago

My sister is a nurse on a floor with COVID patients. I hope 9 months was enough time to ramp up production on N95 masks!?

I can't order them online, but I did get some Korean K95 ones. Hope they aren't counterfeit...

I have tried to purchase Lysol wipes unsuccessfully for the past 9 months. Anyone have any luck? Are people using them as toilet paper?!

#18928 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Our state, Florida, with Disney layoffs, and airline layoffs, is letting eviction protection expire.

Don't forget snowbirds are coming to join the fun too, riiight as regular flu season kicks off.

#18929 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

My sister is a nurse on a floor with COVID patients. I hope 9 months was enough time to ramp up production on N95 masks!?
I can't order them online, but I did get some Korean K95 ones. Hope they aren't counterfeit...
I have tried to purchase Lysol wipes unsuccessfully for the past 9 months. Anyone have any luck? Are people using them as toilet paper?!

We are using lysol spray with paper towels. Windex also makes a yellow spray that is equivalent to lysol. Lysol wipes seem more ideal for travel but the spray is better for home in my opinion. The supplies of N95 masks appear to be growing. I was just given a few last night but they have vents so I will wear a surgical mask over them to protect others.

#18930 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I dont have the answer, but its politics putting the wealthy real estate owners over the working class.
I simply can't believe how much ass kissing for political gain we have right in front of our eyes.

Outside of the mask wearing business, and of course, the medical care community, rent and evictions have to be the hardest issue to solve. A lot of people lost jobs that are never going to come back.

Not all landlords are rich. And many have mortgage payments to make on the rental property they own/control. No rental income means the landlord has to still pay the bank. And that puts us back into government moratoriums on no evictions and the nasty question of who is going foot the bill? The person being evicted has no money and no way to ever catch back up. Do the landlords take the hit and then push back to the banks?

We want to look for Uncle Sugar to keep raining money from on high; But how long can that last? The money handlers were betting this would all be behind us by now and it is not.

We are still mired in the the 1918 Pandemic that we know had a 2nd wave and disappeared. Assume we have a 2nd wave; We have absolutely no idea how it will come, or how long it will last. Which leads back to how long can we expect Uncle Sugar to keep printing money? No one has a crystal ball to see tomorrow.

Seeing the evictions make me want to cry when I see vids of young families with kids getting kicked to the curb. Or some old woman that has no where to go. Which leads back to Uncle Sugar. How long can he keep paying the tab for everybody?

#18931 3 years ago

Found this interesting:

"Fear Can Spread From Person to Person Faster Than the Coronavirus"

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/health-management/fear-can-spread-from-person-to-person-faster-than-coronavirus

#18932 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Im pretty sure my wife signed up for auto subscription delivery on Amazon for wipes so once in stock they auto ship.

#18933 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Try Office Depot, they had Clorox Wipes, real KN95 masks and lots of Germ X hand sanitizer this week and do free delivery. I'm stocking up for the third wave this Fall.

#18934 3 years ago

Our school system shut down. Two high school students tested positive. My Daughter is in kindergarten. Both high school students played club hockey and that is where they caught it. They never stepped foot in the high school. The school system is opening tomorrow. We had the choice today to take our Daughter out. We left her in. I have no clue what the right choice is anymore. Things in MA seem to be almost normal now. People are taking it seriously here for the most part. Maybe that allows for more freedom. Who knows at this point!

#18935 3 years ago

Can’t say it’s shocking but it’s still a shock.

We really have done a poor job here.

#18936 3 years ago

Breaking news ...

I wonder if it will disrupt the election ...

rd

236ACEA0-E4DB-4E99-9523-12773C7D9B87 (resized).jpeg236ACEA0-E4DB-4E99-9523-12773C7D9B87 (resized).jpeg
#18937 3 years ago

POTUS and FLOTUS just tested positive.

I hope people take this seriously now, and act accordingly.

#18938 3 years ago

Our President and the first lady have tested positive for the Coronavirus, please pray for them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-trump-confirms-he-first-lady-melania-trump-tested-positive-for-coronavirus

#18939 3 years ago

Trump and Melania test positive for Covid-19 and have quarantined at the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/politics/trump-covid.html?referringSource=articleShare

#18940 3 years ago

Moderation notice: I allowed the posts mentioning that Trump and his wife were tested positive (because it's relevant in THE coronavirus thread...) but please avoid political comments. Thanks in advance.

#18941 3 years ago

As many other Americans have tested positive
.... and SURVIVED .

#18942 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Found this interesting:
"Fear Can Spread From Person to Person Faster Than the Coronavirus"
https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/health-management/fear-can-spread-from-person-to-person-faster-than-coronavirus

Across the planet in a matter of minutes, in all directions simultaneously!

#18943 3 years ago

Travel Ban Travel Guide Part 6: The United Kingdom

Lol

#18944 3 years ago

... and in the news, apparently if you have the money to spare, you can flee the Melbourne lockdown, via Darwin, and go to the footy in Brisbane!

#18945 3 years ago

Well this thread is bound to blow up now. Hope everyone involved survives. Hope the others at the recent debate did not get infected. Hope we all learn a hard lesson from this.

#18946 3 years ago

To get completely off topic, the podcast Ridiculous History 2 days ago released an hourlong podcast about the history of how the government battled pinball. The US waged war on Pinball for decades.

#18947 3 years ago

I think that the US is at a major fork in the road now.

If Trump only has minor, or no, symptoms - isolates than comes back and says "It was nothing too serious don't worry." That will then 'prove' to many people that there is nothing to worry about, distancing/mask wearing/isolation will reduce over night - infections will increase rapidly and many will die.

If Trump has significant issues, recovers and then comes back and says how bad it was, people need to take it seriously, etc. then I think more people will distance/mask wear/ isolate and therefore infections will drop.

If Trump dies of it - who knows?

#18948 3 years ago

Hopefully these recent developments change mask policy...

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/379?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.