272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 576.
#18650 3 years ago
20200918_134058 (resized).jpg20200918_134058 (resized).jpg
#18652 3 years ago

Evidently, some of you guys got good advice from your parents. Some not so much.

My Dad never verbally gave advice but lead by example. However, the one thing he would say to me from time to time was:

Everyone is wrong sometimes.
It takes a big man to admit it.
It takes a bigger man to apologize for it.

A lot of people in power could use a dose of this.

#18653 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Evidently, some of you guys got good advice from your parents. Some not so much.
My Dad never verbally gave advice but lead by example. However, the one thing he would say to me from time to time was:
Everyone is wrong sometimes.
It takes a big man to admit it.
It takes a bigger man to apologize for it.
A lot of people in power could use a dose of this.

The problem for a businessman with regards to apologizing in our litigious society is that apologizing can lead to a lawsuit since apologizing is an admission of guilt.

#18654 3 years ago

"An Idaho pastor skeptical of masks lands in the ICU for Covid-19"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/us/idaho-pastor-covid-masks-trnd/index.html

"A pastor in Idaho who called himself a "no-masker" during a service and repeatedly questioned the veracity of coronavirus case reporting is in the ICU after contracting Covid-19."

Choice responses:

1) You are spreading this stuff around.

2) It is not wise to tempt a higher power.

3) Maybe you did not pray to your higher power hard enough.

#18655 3 years ago

"I Am Legend" Karen coronavirus zombie Turn more lights on and maybe she will go away.

#18656 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"I Am Legend" Karen coronavirus zombie. Turn more lights on and maybe she will go away.

That was something else. The officers that finally came to collect her weren't wearing masks though, someone should have warned them that she's probably been licking windows and door handles all over town. I'd be pretty bummed to catch Covid shoveling that piece of shit off the sidewalk.

#18657 3 years ago

So the CDC reversed their revised testing recommendation - you know, the one from last month where they decided we didn't have to get tested anymore if we had been exposed to COVID-19. The revised recommendation that reportedly was not written by anybody with a medical or science background, and was created for political purposes on the belief that testing is bad because it shows that people have COVID.

This is serious stuff. The public has less faith then ever in the CDC because its credibility has been destroyed by political forces who don't care about public health and have sidelined the people who actually know what they are doing. It's bad. You can count me among the majority of Americans who say they will refuse any vaccine this year because they have zero faith in the credibility of the people in charge.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/18/cdc-reverses-coronavirus-guidance-that-said-people-without-symptoms-may-not-need-a-test.html

#18658 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

from the NY Post itself, a rebuttal article.
https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/us-virologists-dispute-chinese-whistleblowers-covid-19-claim/
As it currently stands, her claims have as much scientific validity as those that continue to tout hydroxy as a cure-all.

Hey- did you read the rebuttal? Virologists agreed with her process, not the conclusion. They can’t disprove her either. She actually has some scientific chops. As do countless scientists that proved the use of hydroxy for many illnesses, just not SARS2. But, as she will unfortunately learn, selling or accepting money from conservative sources will get you ostracized from an ever increasing liberal scientific community. We had mass pollution when business dominated science, where will the new age take us?

How would you prove this is man-made? After first infections, many possibly man made components will be replaced by parts from the hosts cells. Translational errors and other mutations make it unbelievably difficult once several waves of infections. Unless a whistleblower escapes from these high security labs with an initial sample, seems impossible. I’m sure us pinsiders can figure it out.

#18659 3 years ago

Homeschooling the kids presents some interesting home situations.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-parents-reportedly-smoking-weed-drinking-during-kids-remote-classes

" Some Florida parents have turned to booze and weed to get through remote learning with their kids."

" Boca Raton Elementary teacher Edith Pride said some parents can be seen walking around unclothed while drinking and smoking during remote learning classes."

#18660 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Real science and blind acceptance go together like Cheerios and ketchup.

Is that basically like Froot Loops with Tomato Sauce?

froot loops (resized).jpgfroot loops (resized).jpg + 42225cf351f5b388911d4b672cb43568 (resized).jpg42225cf351f5b388911d4b672cb43568 (resized).jpg

Faaark me, that's so fu@ked up puttin' them two together!! ... you're meant to chuck the dead horse on a snag and some bread when there's a barbie goin on!!

#18661 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sadly, a lot of people have no idea that their news source is biased. Here's a great chart that shows the bias of some of the most popular online news sources ...
[quoted image]

Good chart to ponder!

Two questions; Do all five categories contain a percentage of "bunkum"? , and, Isn't "Fact or Un-substantiated" less divisive than "Left or Right" extremism?.

"Centre" just seems to mean weighing up crazy against kooky. Or is that, going with the "accepted wisdom"? ... "sensible" centre?? .

Fence sitting, on "out there" topics of distraction and contention, centre.

Is constantly analysing "kooky/crazy" letting there be time to take a step back, get a broader perspective, properly assess what we're privy to that might actually be "sensible" and obvious?. Failing to see some of the more obvious questionable things, distracted by a barrage of relentless crazy and kooky stuff. Important questions go unanswered quite a bit!

Finding anything meaningful means looking more broadly than the set out confines (L/C/R). Or, we can easily just stick to the "correct information" highway laid out for us to follow, "stick to the roads!".

#18662 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Hey- did you read the rebuttal? Virologists agreed with her process, not the conclusion. They can’t disprove her either. She actually has some scientific chops. As do countless scientists that proved the use of hydroxy for many illnesses, just not SARS2. But, as she will unfortunately learn, selling or accepting money from conservative sources will get you ostracized from an ever increasing liberal scientific community. We had mass pollution when business dominated science, where will the new age take us?
How would you prove this is man-made? After first infections, many possibly man made components will be replaced by parts from the hosts cells. Translational errors and other mutations make it unbelievably difficult once several waves of infections. Unless a whistleblower escapes from these high security labs with an initial sample, seems impossible. I’m sure us pinsiders can figure it out.

There are at least three sides to every story.

#18663 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

How would you prove this is man-made

Here’s someone much smarter then I am explaining why it might have been made in a lab.

#18664 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is that basically like Froot Loops with Tomato Sauce?
[quoted image] + [quoted image]
Faaark me, that's so fu@ked up puttin' them two together!! ... you're meant to chuck the dead horse on a snag and some bread when there's a barbie goin on!!

#18665 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Disagreeing with the conclusions is kinda the whole ball game when her conclusion is it was man made.

Also the sequencing of the virus is publicly available to all. Not her or her “teams” exclusive research. Her “proof” was reinterpretation of established, peer reviewed, repeatable, science.

So basically you argue that there is a mass conspiracy across the entire global science community, across academia, private, and government labs instead of it being a conspiracy of a handful of folks with an axe to grind?

Also it is her claim that it is man made not mine. The onus is on her to prove it not me. You say it cannot be proven. How convenient to make a claim that you state cannot be proven or disproven. In other words, that is bad science but great politics.

Edit: and finally. She didn’t work in wuhan! She worked with hamsters in Hong Kong! She didn’t “escape” a high security lab let alone “the” lab accused of being the source. These scientists aren’t prisoners being forced to do research at gunpoint. Her access to the source code is pretty much the same as every other single scientist on earth.

#18666 3 years ago

Interesting that so many of the right wing conspiracy theorists have talked about how CDC has changed their stance several times in an effort to discredit them and now we find out that their recent guidance that asymptomatic people did not need to be tested was dictated by the Trump administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/health/coronavirus-testing-cdc.html

If the politicians would have gotten out of the way and let the scientists lead this fight we would likely be nearly done with this pandemic by now.

#18667 3 years ago

At this point does it really matter if this was made in a lab or not? We are spending too much energy on the blame game and not enough energy on containing it. Unfortunately the politicians ruined that with their recipe of division. They forgot that their mandate is for the people not keeping power.

All empires come to an end and usually as a result of division from within. We are heading down that road unfortunately.

#18668 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

At this point does it really matter if this was made in a lab or not?

Yes. It absolutely still matters.

#18669 3 years ago

Whoday said he had proof that The China Virus was created in a Chinese lab to make Voldomort look bad, so what choice do we have but to believe him?

#18670 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Whoday said he had proof that The China Virus was created in a Chinese lab to make Voldomort look bad, so what choice do we have but to believe him?

I never said that I had proof of that. I said that's what believe. Show me where I said that I had proof.

#18671 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

But, as she will unfortunately learn, selling or accepting money from conservative sources will get you ostracized from an ever increasing liberal scientific community.

Was chewing on this for awhile as well. For me it isn't about "conservative" or "liberal" money, (whatever that means) it is about bias and honesty. The two people behind the group propping her up both have as a stated goal the desire for regime change in China. Not judging this goal, but from the standpoint of the accusations in the paper, this is called bias. One of them is currently awaiting trial for fraud and the other is a fugitive wanted for fraud and bribery. This is called dishonesty. So yeah, I am going to want to see external research confirming their conclusions. The consensus of the scientific community is that her conclusions are flawed and without merit as they are currently written.

Secondly, she starts the paper off with a screed about how the global scientific community is all against her and trying to silence her. This. Is. Not. Acceptable. For a scientific paper. Sure, for a political paper have at it, but it is not science.

If Gary Stern publishes an article on Sterns website about how playing Stern pinball machines, and only Stern pinball machines, has been shown to cure cancer, but the liberal ivory tower elites don't want you to know about it...would you rush out and buy buy buy, or would it raise alarm bells in your head and make you ask for outside proof of such extravagant claims?

#18672 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

All the sources that would parrot that crap are probably known "whackadoo" sites.

#18673 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

We can't prove it's not true, so here we are.

#18674 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

At this point does it really matter if this was made in a lab or not? We are spending too much energy on the blame game and not enough energy on containing it. Unfortunately the politicians ruined that with their recipe of division. They forgot that their mandate is for the people not keeping power.
All empires come to an end and usually as a result of division from within. We are heading down that road unfortunately.

Agree with every word, Except that First Line, for a myriad of (probably unexpected) reasons!

I think Ron is right...

Quoted from RonSS:

Yes. It absolutely still matters.

If it *was* made in a lab, almost nothing can fully discount the posibility it originated or was released via some covert operation by any number of countries (leaders') para miltary, from across the globe, or came out of any number of other "virus labs" worldwide. It is Private. It is $ and war. Other countries admit presence at the scene (of the potential "crime"?). Or, it was actually just an "accident", which is not really believable given everything happening.

It is blatantly obvious there is a rather High chance that "chyna" is the subject of a "framing", for "alterior motives" .... whatever that could mean. Whatever way, it is a given that (concrete/factual) evidence of what actually has gone down there, will be Very thin on the ground by now. While facing propoganda ten times deeper.

#18675 3 years ago

Damn pinside!! You were right! I had the wizard in my pocket the whole time. Thanks for open my eyes up. You have to have person with the data and science. Who is realist. They say it pretty much hose shit! P

#18676 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Damn pinside!! You were right! I had the wizard in my pocket the whole time. Thanks for open my eyes up. You have to have person with the data and science. Who is realist. They say it pretty much hose shit! P

What part of Kentucky are you from? Have you ever owned a neon sign business??

#18678 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Wtf are you talking about? Some shine still man in eastern Kentucky. Don’t crush my dreams. If tickle from moonshiners can do it! maybe u can do it too!

#18679 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Oh dear, have you been hittin it hard again there mate!? Lol ...

It's okay I'm pickin up what you're puttin down!

Hmmmmmm ... maybe a coffee would be nice right about now hey!. ... Brb! ...

#18680 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Post of the week!

#18681 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

We get it.

You think we the common folk cannot understand or discuss the science amongst ourselves, the numbers aren’t real, this is all just a waste of time and lately you like to drink and post...a lot.

Got anything to positively contribute?

Months ago you and I had a moment over the annoyance of mask induced glass fogging. I miss those times.

#18682 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

On a side note its coming out that this virus was created in a Wuhan laboratory and that it was intentionally released by the Chinese government....just as I expected the whole time. I would love to say more but I will just leave it at that.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I never said that I had proof of that. I said that's what believe. Show me where I said that I had proof.

I would say in the top post you were talking like this is it. Unless “just as I expected” can be passed off as “this is what I believe”.

I would like to hear what the “on a side note” is all about. And also, what is this, “ I would love to say more but I’ll just leave it that.”?

I don’t know about anybody else, I don’t put much stock in what anybody believes. I don’t care what anybody thinks or postulates.

Tell me what you know and provide a link. Your link can be right or wrong but at least I can know where you got your information.

“It’s coming out” is a BS opening statement. The ,” I’d love to say more but will just leave it at that” is a cop out, suggesting there is something more than hot air.

#18683 3 years ago

Someone needs to put this on a shirt...

Screenshot_20200918-004502~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200918-004502~2 (resized).png
#18684 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would say in the top post you were talking like this is it. Unless “just as I expected” can be passed off as “this is what I believe”.
I would like to hear what the “on a side note” is all about. And also, what is this, “ I would love to say more but I’ll just leave it that.”?
I don’t know about anybody else, I don’t put much stock in what anybody believes. I don’t care what anybody thinks or postulates.
Tell me what you know and provide a link. Your link can be right or wrong but at least I can know where you got your information.
“It’s coming out” is a BS opening statement. The ,” I’d love to say more but will just leave it at that” is a cop out, suggesting there is something more than hot air.

If you would love to say more all you gotta do is PM me lol. I can take anything that you throw at me I promise you. I dont even like to discuss anything in this thread anymore because the people in the thread are so one sided that it does no good to try and even Express an opinion in here.

#18685 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Victoria had 14 new cases today , 18 for Australia .

#18686 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Oh dear, have you been hittin it hard again there mate!? Lol ...
It's okay I'm pickin up what you're puttin down!
Hmmmmmm ... maybe a coffee would be nice right about now hey!. ... Brb! ...

I’m drinking coffee right now. Probably not good idea to post on pinside. When I’m drinking a lot of the go go juice. I will do it again tonight.

#18687 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Post of the week!

Somebody got it . I've heard of brain injuries causing people to suddenly speak with a foreign accent. I guess moonshine makes Gunnut40 post in Engrish.

#18688 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I’m drinking coffee right now. Probably not good idea to post on pinside. I will do it again tonight.

Drink...or post?? Lol

#18689 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

We get it.
You think we the common folk cannot understand or discuss the science amongst ourselves, the numbers aren’t real, this is all just a waste of time and lately you like to drink and post...a lot.
Months ago you and I had a moment over the annoyance of mask induced glass fogging. I miss those times.

Ouch! Yes I do. That was a good post. I think most pinball people are smart. Well besides me. I make mistakes all time! I will not take down the data. I embrace my mistakes. I will not run and hide from myself. I also won’t sit by and watch a witch hunt on a good person. Y’all can burn me all day long!

What do I believe about masks? You can never be to safe! It will protect you from yourself. You cannot help but touch your face. You won’t even realize you did it. When I see someone not wearing a mask or wearing improper. I don’t get pissed. It just shows me they don’t care about themselves or others. I’m actually kinda proud of the people at Walmart. Most of them are wearing them properly. The people at work. Not so much.

Should you get out of the house? Yes you should! Staying home all the time is really depressing. Try and go out when less people are out. Go visit family and friends. We all need support during these troubling times. We also need to support our local pinball place. Be as careful as you can and have fun!
We only have X amount of time before it runs out. Just try and stay safe as possible while living. Try and help your fellow man. This will be a pain in the ass sometimes. It can be a simple as saying good morning.
Hopefully my drunken jackass posts will draw people into this thread. It might push them away. I hope not! I’ll try and not post when drinking any more.

#18690 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Drink...or post?? Lol

Either one for me.

#18691 3 years ago

I wonder how the mandatory freedom quashing seat belt laws would have gone over in the internet age. I still remember when this was an issue although I was really young. Solid State Pinball wasn't even a thing yet!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#18692 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

You cannot help but touch your face. You won’t even realize you did it

It's ok to touch your face Gunnut, just dont pick your nose and eat your boogers and you will be ok.

#18693 3 years ago

My hands are around my face more than ever because of these masks. I honestly feel they are counterintuitive for me. I'd rather just keep washing my hands and keeping my distance.

#18694 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

My hands are around my face more than ever because of these masks. I honestly feel they are counterintuitive for me. I'd rather just keep washing my hands and keeping my distance.

Keep in mind, the primary purpose of the mask is to keep others safe from you.

#18695 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

More and more Interesting reports coming to the surface, more as time goes by...

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-sweden-spared-surge-of-virus-cases-but-many-questions-remain/979a215f-66fe-4e14-8eab-15fd895946ee?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_3_sweden-spared-surge-of-virus-cases-but-many-questions-remain_210920

*extracted-

"A train pulls into the Odenplan subway station in central Stockholm, where morning commuters without masks get off or board before settling in to read their smartphones.

Whether on trains or trams, in supermarkets or shopping malls — places where face masks are commonly worn in much of the world — Swedes go about their lives without them.

When most of Europe locked down their populations early in the pandemic by closing schools, restaurants, gyms and even borders, Swedes kept enjoying many freedoms.

The relatively low-key strategy captured the world's attention, but at the same time it coincided with a per capita death rate that was much higher than in other Nordic countries.

Now, as infection numbers surge again in much of Europe, the country of 10 million people has some of the lowest numbers of new coronavirus cases - and only 14 virus patients in intensive care."

Stopping it spreading is looking very much like Doing the Wrong Thing. Vaccine now pointless more than it ever was, moreso now just dangerous and risky. It was just for $$ anyway, but there'll be too much "loss" to "give up" now, hey.

Wasted resources and money, that's where aids and cold vaccines seem go. Now there's probably more to fear from Cv19 Vaccine mutated combinations killing people, than there is from the actual virus. Wake up people, for goodness sake...

#18696 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmeds:

I wonder how the mandatory freedom quashing seat belt laws would have gone over in the internet age. I still remember when this was an issue although I was really young. Solid State Pinball wasn't even a thing yet!
[quoted image]

It was a pretty big issue. I had 4 seat belt violations. They said that I set a record when I went into pay my 4th one.

#18697 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I heard standing on those social distancing circles glued to the floor gives you immunity

#18698 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

More and more Interesting reports coming to the surface, more as time goes by...
https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-sweden-spared-surge-of-virus-cases-but-many-questions-remain/979a215f-66fe-4e14-8eab-15fd895946ee?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_3_sweden-spared-surge-of-virus-cases-but-many-questions-remain_210920
*extracted-
"A train pulls into the Odenplan subway station in central Stockholm, where morning commuters without masks get off or board before settling in to read their smartphones.
Whether on trains or trams, in supermarkets or shopping malls — places where face masks are commonly worn in much of the world — Swedes go about their lives without them.
When most of Europe locked down their populations early in the pandemic by closing schools, restaurants, gyms and even borders, Swedes kept enjoying many freedoms.
The relatively low-key strategy captured the world's attention, but at the same time it coincided with a per capita death rate that was much higher than in other Nordic countries.
Now, as infection numbers surge again in much of Europe, the country of 10 million people has some of the lowest numbers of new coronavirus cases - and only 14 virus patients in intensive care."

Stopping it spreading is looking very much like Doing the Wrong Thing. Vaccine now pointless more than it ever was, moreso now just dangerous and risky. It was just for $$ anyway, but there'll be too much "loss" to "give up" now, hey.
Wasted resources and money, that's where aids and cold vaccines seem go. Now there's probably more to fear from Cv19 Vaccine mutated combinations killing people, than there is from the actual virus. Wake up people, for goodness sake...

Data:
https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/sweden?country=SWE~ESP~USA~GBR~VEN~MEX~NLD~KOR~ISR~ITA~IND~FRA

#18699 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Keep in mind, the primary purpose of the mask is to keep others safe from you.

Why would anyone down vote this? Even if you don't believe in science, it just makes sense.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 10.57.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-20 at 10.57.05 PM (resized).png

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/374?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.