New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 264520)

The official Coronavirus containment thread

By Daditude

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 19,676 posts - Hot topic!
  • 500 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Luckydogg420
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,850 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B3446EB0-4458-4976-8F0E-FAA2EB21DAF5 (resized).jpeg
9B2383BA-D446-45CD-BC05-CA6B2BAF6F5F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201025-234101~2 (resized).png
DSCN7296 (resized).JPG
DSCN7295 (resized).JPG
C93ADBCD-CE86-4646-9040-66D9750C1261 (resized).jpeg
88B838CF-7B51-4E87-AC6B-EF280A19DA9D (resized).jpeg
48356C6B-7E89-4C98-B21A-4A32AFC6F007 (resized).jpeg
5649D133-D0DA-41C3-86ED-B6F6011E4F84 (resized).jpeg
mh (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201024-000129~2 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.18.22 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.18.02 PM (resized).png
Screenshot_20201023-003246~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20201022-123858~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

136 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 19677 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 394.
#18500 42 days ago

So, you won’t trust health policy experts, epidemiologists, doctors, etc writ large because of a Ayn Rand economic think tank?

Talk about a biased news source there buddy.

#18501 42 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Hey dude! Put down those beakers of koolaid down! Pour that stuff out and put some ice cold beer into it. Those fake numbers will make more sense. Just saying.

I will pose the same question to you that I did to who-dey awhile back. If the numbers are false, can you ballpark for me what you think the real numbers are? What is your source?

From who-Dey I got “a lot less” and “my gut”.

#18502 42 days ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Science goal posts shift all the time.

As they should. That’s how science works!

New information, new research, leads to new best practices.

#18503 42 days ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Science goal posts shift all the time. I will look after my health i do not need you or the government to tell me how to look after my own health. That is not their Job or yours. You have the right to believe what you want but it works both ways. You believe your news channel and i will continue not to live in fear and watch fear based media.

I agree with you completely. Your beliefs and way of life is yours and everyone else’s. What one thinks is Fear others interpret as a warning. That being said if someone posts something based in propaganda or rhetoric it will be called out, shaved and de-liced immediately.

#18504 42 days ago

I saw this and had to share:

Screenshot_20200913-091623~2 (resized).png
#18505 42 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

You could have stopped right there for me.
It is so hard to truly understand what is true and what is rhetoric anymore.
It is no wonder we are all messed up over here!

You hit the nail on the head.

#18506 42 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

That being said if someone posts something based in propaganda it will be called out, shaved and de-liced immediately.

It's revers-o day, then... Lol

Fairly backwards there. It's pretty common, obliviousness, and being asleep at the wheel.... everyone just keep consuming your everyday, mainstream, "correct", nonsensical cereal-ganda.

*edit: not to speak for people

#18507 42 days ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

I don't know why you think Poland is going so well , we're doing a lot better than them .
6 of 8 states had 0 cases today .
42 new cases for the whole country .
Chin-up , we'll be back to normal ( as much as any country ) before you know it .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Take an assesment of everything Vic vs Poland economically in a few months... the real effects of economic destruction will only intensify now for some time ahead, vic economy/employment is screwed real soon if you haven't twigged yet. The Severity of your restrictions there has been Beyond ridiculous for more than a week now.

#18508 42 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So we’re about 6 months into covid and globally we’ve reached 30 million infected and 1 million dead. That’s one in 30. 3.3% mortality rate. If 30 million people is an accurate representation of the global population then with a total population global of 7 billion people, we should expect to see 230 million people dead from this if the current projection continue.

Only flaw with your maths is you likely need to plug in +500 mil infected instead of 30 mil

9/10 of all infected people, at the Least, have never seen a test is a fair call. You're talking as if Every CV infection that occured ever has actually been tested... I mean, really?? .

It was in Europe and USA mid 2019, everyone needs to get over the "chyna virus" slander.

It's geared for war and no ethical or reasonable person/citizen wants that. It is something "leaders" have interest in, all citizens should be looking sensibly Inward, first.... but of course it is not exactly a sensible world is it.

#18509 42 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Why do you continue to believe in conspiracy theories that are easily debunked over SCIENCE and FACTS??? You have been trying to pump this thread with BS since the beginning. You lost all credibility with believing the "Demon Sperm" doctor and the "My Pillow" guy floating their Snake Oil to the public. Are you a member of QAnon that believe there is a pedophilia Pizzeria in Washington DC also?
There are 2 battles going on right now (1) Pandemic (2) Debunking Misinformation. The US is its own worst enemy because defective people believing this crap.
FACT: WE had an early warning organization already in China and in other countries looking for virus that may impact the US which were defunded in September 2019 TWO months before the first COVID19 case. FACT: The Whitehouse knew EIGHT MONTHS ago it was airborne, deadly and highly contagious but threw out the playbook and downplayed it for months. It may originated in Wuhan but we have propagated the problem by not addressing it and taking it seriously. We cant blame anyone but us...the US.

We are definitely being lied to.

The only thing I agree with you on.
[quoted image]

It's become fashionable and edgy in certain crowds to be anti-science and pro-conspiracy. Used to be confined to a 'lunatic fringe' that we would just chuckle over, scratch our heads, shrug, and move on. There's always a real world X-files crowd.

Today the lies are packaged so nicely - articles/videos from online 'real' media sources, presented in such a way - from friends, 'verified' people, self proclaimed experts, credentialed (even fringers can get a medical degree or doctorate!) and too often now political leaders. It taps into deeply held beliefs or fears (societal change, loss of power, etc) which makes people 'want' to believe even with zero evidence to support. And some have just lost their ability or will to discern between real information and BS.

I agree with habo though, it's important to debunk the misinformation often and early. It may not work on the source, but it helps those who are wondering if everyone has lost their mind.

#18510 42 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's become fashionable and edgy in certain crowds to be anti-science and pro-conspiracy. Used to be confined to a 'lunatic fringe' that we would just chuckle over, scratch our heads, shrug, and move on. There's always a real world X-files crowd.
Today the lies are packaged so nicely - articles/videos from online 'real' media sources, presented in such a way - from friends, 'verified' people, self proclaimed experts, credentialed (even fringers can get a medical degree or doctorate!) and too often now political leaders. It taps into deeply held beliefs or fears (societal change, loss of power, etc) which makes people 'want' to believe even with zero evidence to support. And some have just lost their ability or will to discern between real information and BS.
I agree with habo though, it's important to debunk the misinformation often and early. It may not work on the source, but it helps those who are wondering if everyone has lost their mind.

You use the term "conspiracy theory" as though it is wrong to look past an offered explanation when things aren't lining up.

I'm not really talking about Covid here, just the incessant use of the term to attempt to belittle people.

At what point, when an actual conspiracy has been admitted, do we remove the suffix "theory"?

Lunatic fringe, tin foil hat, those crazy people, just a few generalizations. And im not saying some of them aren't bat shit crazy, but remember, some of them are not.

I'm going to go read my Gulf of Tonkin book now

#18511 42 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

You use the term "conspiracy theory" as though it is wrong to look past an offered explanation when things aren't lining up.

Investigate away, that's what science is all about. It's when you move on to stating things as fact or probable fact that a) seem wildly implausible on their face and b) (and this is the most important part) have little to no evidentiary support that you'll get the side-eye here.

#18512 42 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's become fashionable and edgy ....

.... to be anti-science ....

Today the lies are packaged so nicely - ...

..... presented in such a way - from friends, 'verified' people, self proclaimed experts, credentialed (even fringers can get a medical degree or doctorate!) and too often now political leaders. It taps into deeply held beliefs or fears (societal change, loss of power, etc) which makes people 'want' to believe even with zero evidence to support. And some have just lost their ability or will to discern between real information and BS. ....

......wondering if everyone has lost their mind.

This above Most Fittingly describes "mainstream" media sticklers. Confirmed.

Everyone with heads in sand, sometimes maybe even just due to denial of the generally obvious (to some) reality, and sensible reason being Too Confronting or "unbelievable" for them to face up to.

Instead, the ocean of mainstream conflicting nonsense that just doesn't add up becomes acceptable to the mainstream... just because it's simpler for them to not ask more appropriate (harder) reasonable questions about the disturbing realities all around us, and settle for swallowing the happy pill nonsense.... focus on the chariot racing hey, take no responsibility, plus that is easy and alot more Fun!. .... For now.

If anyone tries to expose the nonsense and inform people with reliable facts and reason, it is buried or discredited by the very system that propogates nonsense and pretend science.

The 3 highly respected epidemiologists that tried to blow the whistle... you'll never hear from them again, they didn't take the money route and failed in atempts to expose the corruption.... and refused to say "the right things", wouldn't tow the line so to speak. I thank them for trying and not being gullible, dumb or corrupt. It cost them their livelihoods to try, and most have no respect for that.

People need to re-check the definition of Evidence, Facts and Proof.... because these certainly ain't as plentiful as so many seem to blindly assume.

#18513 42 days ago

The reported numbers are not accurate enough to make sound conclusions worldwide. I follow the CDC and WHO guidelines, wear a mask when distance cannot be maintained and restrict your social activities. My biggest issue with the mask laws is that people do not wear them properly, replace when soiled and cross contaminate by adjusting them constantly. The people at the top making decisions need to stop moving the goalposts and be more transparent with timelines and restrictions.

#18514 42 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm not really talking about Covid here, just the incessant use of the term to attempt to belittle people.
At what point, when an actual conspiracy has been admitted, do we remove the suffix "theory"?
Lunatic fringe, tin foil hat, those crazy people, just a few generalizations. And im not saying some of them aren't bat shit crazy, but remember, some of them are not.

Gulf of Tonkin is a good example of an exposed conspiracy of sorts. Government/military related lies about faux/exaggerated threats to the US to engage in conflicts are a whole different category, IMO. But do a search for major conspiracy theories that eventually got to drop the 'theory' part and there aren't many notable ones. But there are a few.

Conspiracy theory and anti-science activity I am referring to are more along the lines of things that exhibit remarkable traction, but are easily disproven by available evidence or science or are just so improbable/have zero evidence that you can't believe they get any play at all:

Satanic pedophile rings below pizza restaurants, UFO's, vaccine microchips, various false flag operations, anything Alex Jones says, demon sperm believers, anti-vaxxers, 9/11 inside jobbers, medical cure suppression, faith healers, black helicopters, chem trails, 'natural' herd immunity proponents, anti-maskers, Qanaon nonsense in general, Bill Gates trying to control the world, plandemic, and anyone who believes that Covid has 'only' killed 8,000 people in the US or is a hoax perpetuated by x, y or z.

#18515 42 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Good to see not everyone in the world has lost their sense of reason!!

#18516 42 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Whooosh ! The sound of your words passing over almost everyone's head.

#18517 42 days ago

#18518 42 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

This above Most Fittingly describes "mainstream" media sticklers/suckers. Confirmed.
Everyone with heads in sand, sometimes maybe even just due to denial of the generally obvious (to some) reality, and sensible reason being Too Confronting or "unbelievable" for them to face up to.
Instead, the ocean of mainstream conflicting nonsense that just doesn't add up becomes acceptable to the mainstream... just because it's simpler for them to not ask more appropriate (harder) reasonable questions about the disturbing realities all around us, and settle for swallowing the happy pill nonsense.... focus on the chariot racing hey, take no responsibility, plus that is easy and alot more Fun!. .... For now.
If anyone tries to expose the nonsense and inform people with reliable facts and reason, it is buried or discredited by the very system that propogates nonsense and pretend science.
The 3 highly respected epidemiologists that tried to blow the whistle... you'll never hear from them again, they didn't take the money route and failed in atempts to expose the corruption.... and refused to say "the right things", wouldn't tow the line so to speak. I thank them for trying and not being gullible, dumb or corrupt. It cost them their livelihoods to try, and most have no respect for that.
People need to re-check the definition of Evidence, Facts and Proof.... because these certainly ain't as plentiful as so many seem to blindly assume.

Your squishy 'conspiracy theory lite' ramblings are very light on actual information. Try citing a reference or two and a concrete statement that you believe and see if it stands up to criticism and examination. Post a peer reviewed study from a reputable source. Just spit it out, what is it you believe?

All this mumbling about "what is a fact really? Don't be blind, get your head out of the sand! what do we really know? No one wants to hear the real hard truths. Evidence is being suppressed... blah blah blah" is getting tiresome.

#18519 42 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

All this mumbling about "what is a fact really? Don't be blind, get your head out of the sand! what do we really know? No one wants to hear the real hard truths. Evidence is being suppressed... blah blah blah" is getting tiresome.

I call it malicious static.

It's best everyone just ignore it.

-Paul

#18520 42 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

As they should. That’s how science works!
New information, new research, leads to new best practices.

Science shifts all the time when new information comes out and is usually not shy about it, thank goodness. Science invites criticism and independent verification. Continues to get dialed in tighter and tighter like it should.

Conspiracy theories and superstition OTOH stay the same, regardless of results and facts. Shuns contradictory information and transparency. Some even believe debunking of evidence and criticism prove the plot!

#18521 42 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

Your squishy 'conspiracy theory lite' ramblings are very light on actual information. Try citing a reference or two and a concrete statement that you believe and see if it stands up to criticism and examination. Post a peer reviewed study from a reputable source. Just spit it out, what is it you believe?

What's that?? ... you're mumbling mate! ... Lol

Clearly most can't grasp the fact that vast amounts of Relevant Factual Information gets Buried, one way or another. The whole idea is to eliminate evidence of coruption and conspiracies or else you'll get busted, what's so unbelievable about that.

Not all corruption or conspiracies get exposed, it would be quite silly to think that.

Because evidence is hidden or destroyed you mostly only have Adding up and Deduction to work out what is reasonable, logic. Logic IS lost on too many people these days, seriously.

#18522 42 days ago

Dammit. Just stumbled on a major bonafide conspiracy theory that was proved to be true. Since I am all about dispensing with bad information and accepting new true information when it comes out, I feel compelled to expose it, even though I have been very anti-conspiracy theory lately and it could hurt my brand. Some of you guys are gonna love this one, I am sure.

Earlier this year there were rumors that some people at the very highest level of our government KNEW all about the Coronavirus as early as January and February. Knew that it was airborne, much deadlier than flu, and had no known treatments. These high level government officials are said to have downplayed the severity of the virus and kept much of this SECRET from the public! Told the public it was NO PROBLEM and UNDER CONTROL!! Nothing to see here!

Well, that really would be a conspiracy if true. Seemed implausible to some. Tough to believe that could happen here, right? Turns out a lot of people did NOT believe it and some still don't! But now there are freaking TAPES!! A real live Conspiracy Theory that turned out to be TRUE! Yikes! Sometimes a banana is NOT a banana!

#18523 42 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Investigate away, that's what science is all about. It's when you move on to stating things as fact or probable fact that a) seem wildly implausible on their face and b) (and this is the most important part) have little to no evidentiary support that you'll get the side-eye here.

I agree completely. Notice your post describes alot of "mainstream media" perfectly, not just flat earthers and the like. Sad isn't it.

Also importantly, science is about Disproving "theories". Sometimes things "are a fact" .... but then disproven one day, by science.

#18524 42 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If we don't get our collective shit together now, there will be a lot less of you around in 6 months to bitch about it.

wonder how he’s doing

#18525 42 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Take an assesment of everything Vic vs Poland economically in a few months... the real effects of economic destruction will only intensify now for some time ahead, vic economy/employment is screwed real soon if you haven't twigged yet. The Severity of your restrictions there has been Beyond ridiculous for more than a week now.

Yes thank you watch this space very soon projecting within 6 months

#18526 42 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

Earlier this year there were rumors that some people at the very highest level of our government KNEW all about the Coronavirus as early as January and February. Knew that it was airborne, much deadlier than flu, and had no known treatments. These high level government officials are said to have downplayed the severity of the virus and kept much of this SECRET from the public! Told the public it was NO PROBLEM and UNDER CONTROL!! Nothing to see here!

I have a feeling that even with the tapes, some supporters of the “this isn’t that bad” belief won’t change their mind and listen to the facts.

That’s the problem, you spend 6 months telling people they have nothing to worry about, Then they want to believe they have nothing to worry about. If you change your tune and begin to tell them it’s time to worry, they won’t believe you, after all they’ve been brainwashed for 6 months and prefer the “this isn’t that bad” story. That’s the one they want to be true. Everything else is lies because it doesn’t FEEL right.

I understand it’s 2020 and facts don’t matter anymore. It’s all about how it makes you feel.

#18527 42 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I will pose the same question to you that I did to who-dey awhile back. If the numbers are false, can you ballpark for me what you think the real numbers are? What is your source?
From who-Dey I got “a lot less” and “my gut”.

Has nothing to do with my gut. What I want to know is how the data is being collected. What standards are used for collecting it? Do they they test a person who had a heart attack? Do they count retested people as more positives? Most data is easy to change.

Want to see the real number of deaths? If Covid is really effecting us? Take the number of normal deaths from last year. Minus from what we have this year.

#18528 42 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

vic economy/employment is screwed real soon if you haven't twigged yet. The Severity of your restrictions there has been Beyond ridiculous for more than a week now.

You need to look at the bright side razor , it's not all gloom and doom .

#18529 41 days ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Yes thank you watch this space very soon projecting within 6 months

So now it's Poland " will " be better than us in 6 months , I doubt it .
44 new cases today for the country , we've almost got this beat .

#18530 41 days ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

wonder how he’s doing

There are close to 200k less people around in the US now.

#18531 41 days ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

You need to look at the bright side razor , it's not all gloom and doom .

It's no worries here mate, From the bright side! ... sunny spring weekend, out and about. SA Masters Weekend, 18 holes of pingolf on Saturday, a couple of other events, first meet this year it was awesome!

image_157530 (resized).jpg

I'm only worried for you guys is the not bright side. Best wishes for everything to go as well as possible...

You have not got extreme restriction almost beat though, or the virus really either (just like Everywhere, NZ showed cases can Always come back, elimination not happening)... the point being brought up is that "stage 4" is a progressively greater threat with each passing day it exists, it's been more damaging than the virus itself, for some time. Double digit cases that degree of lockdown should be long gone by now. Stage 3 at the most severe, since the start of September.

#18532 41 days ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

So now it's Poland " will " be better than us in 6 months , I doubt it .
44 new cases today for the country , we've almost got this beat .

Not sure you know this guy but he does not talk verbal diarrhea like most on this thread. Also those mortgage loans the banks put on hold here in Australia expire they want payment in the next day or so. That means that people have to pay the 6 months they owed and the next months loan and interest. So all those people that say she will be right mate in Australia and bought a big screen tv or whatever well it won't be right mate. It is the worse Aussie saying i have ever heard.

#18533 41 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Has nothing to do with my gut. What I want to know is how the data is being collected. What standards are used for collecting it? Do they they test a person who had a heart attack? Do they count retested people as more positives? Most data is easy to change.
Want to see the real number of deaths? If Covid is really effecting us? Take the number of normal deaths from last year. Minus from what we have this year.

I believe the quote goes “We go to war with the army we have, not the army we want.” Or something like that. So yeah the data isn’t perfect but it is what we got.

You past comments imply that you think the numbers are being inflated. What I am asking you is if the numbers are so shitty, what do you think the real numbers are, ball park. What is your source of this truer data?

As far as deaths. Agreed on the accurate count after the fact. There have been a few articles on this already as a snapshot of how we have been doing up to a given date. I have linked a few of these previously. Bottom line, we are woefully undercounting deaths. There are a significant number of deaths above the average range + reported covid deaths. I think at last count for USA it is something like 10% more deaths than average+covid.

#18534 41 days ago

People will chose to believe what they wish. Facts, science, proof, right in front of people, hitting them on the head, and nothing will change.
I use to try....be it on the areas of a lifetime of critical study, business, or my personal involvement, (like John Titor ). We all can trick our minds into believing we are right, and not let any info in to change it.
Think of yourself posting here, how often have you believed strongly in something, and changed your position 180 degrees, because you gained new knowledge?

#18535 41 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Also importantly, science is about Disproving "theories". Sometimes things "are a fact" .... but then disproven one day, by science.

That’s the beauty of science though, no sacred cows. Us normal humans need to believe in “facts” to get through the day, but to the scientist, everything is always open to being disproved if the evidence is sufficient. Of course you’ll need exceptionally strong evidence to overturn a well accepted theory that aligns well with a large body of available evidence (the earth is round and orbits the sun), same as you’d need to support a new theory that sounds wildly implausible (pizzagate).

Problem is that most people aren’t really scientists.

#18536 41 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

Dammit. Just stumbled on a major bonafide conspiracy theory that was proved to be true. Since I am all about dispensing with bad information and accepting new true information when it comes out, I feel compelled to expose it, even though I have been very anti-conspiracy theory lately and it could hurt my brand. Some of you guys are gonna love this one, I am sure.
Well, that really would be a conspiracy if true. Seemed implausible to some. Tough to believe that could happen here, right? Turns out a lot of people did NOT believe it and some still don't! But now there are freaking TAPES!! A real live Conspiracy Theory that turned out to be TRUE! Yikes! Sometimes a banana is NOT a banana!

Yes well ... good work! . *I mean it! credit due ... it is easy to not be bothered following through on questions.

Balanced assessment of all you can dig for, hard work... probably why it is easy to deceive busy people. I'm agnostic, meaning I take evidence seriously, just that it is very rare on some topics. Weight of circumstantial evidence and deduction is sometimes all there is to find (about the truth). Only because "the official line" makes no sense, by accepted physics. Go figure, all you know then is that what "they" (rhetoric machine) say happened can not possibly be what actually happened. Then to find a few alternative Theories, which can not all be accurate simultaneously, conflicting. Worse, just raising even More "un-answerable" questions. Like those "Tapes" ?.

Hence that naturally leads to "I have no definite answers for you" ... "all I can definitively say is that this is not what could have realistically happened, not that way, by Practical Established Science principles, physics". Any significant evidence of the realities, or hindrance to the message is buried. One of many examples, man-made climate change. No proof ?? .... go away!

The big problem is the Massive swamp of online disinformation and confusion. I heard a rule of thumb a while ago, and it kinda seems fair after time and consideration Lol

- Lets Say 90% of what is online is inconsistent or inaccurate, 10% legitimate information. Those two information classes get Blended Together Good! .... So that in order to deduce what is the legit 10%, you kinda really need to consume All the Bunk along with the Legit of any questionable subject in order that you can have some hope of identifying inconsistencies, confirming some realities. Identifying any descernable Actual facts, often there are just stories posing as facts..

It's in the interest of Conspirators to help put as much junk and misinformation out there as they possibly can, for information about their Actual conspiracies to stay hidden between.... then, the oceans of lesser educated social media zombies can latch onto all the kooky, and run with it to drown out and make mockery of sensibility. Essentially just wasting time of people whom become interested in WtF is going so fu@ked up in the world, and rightly wondering why ..... usually just Adding to their confusion.

Were these tapes... released "on purpose" ?

Is there any underlying agenda, benefit, plot, script or plan to be discovered? Lol .... seems like if information is easy to find (like, Delivered), you are probably meant to know about it (regardless of it being fiction, speculation, theory or fact).

Edit: removed the questionable silly video clip, and added cudos.

#18537 41 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Has nothing to do with my gut. What I want to know is how the data is being collected. What standards are used for collecting it? Do they they test a person who had a heart attack? Do they count retested people as more positives?

Scientists want to know this stuff too, and if you read each underlying study you should be able to figure out the basic methodology used in that study.

Most data is easy to change.

If you’re suggesting that a specific study may be junk, that’s always a possibility and good to take a closer look. It happens, scientists can fuck up too. If you’re suggesting a global conspiracy by hundreds of thousands of scientists to twist Covid data for some dark purpose, you’re going to need to need to explain why they’d want to do that, and how the secret has been so well maintained among such a large group. Preferably with some solid evidence!

Quoted from Gunnut40:

It’s been done, search for “excess death” studies. Here’s one:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

#18538 41 days ago
Quoted from RTR:

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I have a feeling that even with the tapes, some supporters of the “this isn’t that bad” belief won’t change their mind and listen to the facts.
That’s the problem, you spend 6 months telling people they have nothing to worry about, Then they want to believe they have nothing to worry about. If you change your tune and begin to tell them it’s time to worry, they won’t believe you, after all they’ve been brainwashed for 6 months and prefer the “this isn’t that bad” story. That’s the one they want to be true. Everything else is lies because it doesn’t FEEL right.
I understand it’s 2020 and facts don’t matter anymore. It’s all about how it makes you feel.

You guys left out the part where the government officials did not want to Panic the public. But 198,572 deaths in and I have yet to see anybody panic.

#18539 41 days ago

Hmmm. Looks like we are doing the same as last year. In fact we might be doing a little bit better.

2431491B-86BB-435C-A1A2-3BB9AC08FB18 (resized).png
#18540 41 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Hmmm. Looks like we are doing the same as last year. In fact we might be doing a little bit better.

I can't tell what "death rate" represents (what are the units), but wouldn't a higher "death rate" generally be worse? In which case 2020 is the highest on your table. But there's a steady trend up from 2013 on, 0.1 units per year, so I'd want to know what "death rate" represents and why it's steadily climbing. Is the regular increase due to an aging population, opioids, or something else? And are the 2020 numbers adjusted appropriately to get a good year-to-year comparison (I'm assuming there are seasonal variations in death rate but maybe that's not so)?

While we're at it, what's "growth rate"? Is that the percentage growth in the death rate?

#18541 41 days ago

It isnt simply a matter of "acceptable" deaths vs Money/economy.

It is about the virus itself. We have so much unknown still.

Will it stay in you, even with no immediate symptoms and flair up later in life? Like Epstein Barr?
Will a second reinfection cause any additional changes?
Will children, if tied only to ACE2, suddenly be sick when they go through Puberty, or the bodies decline post 40 or 50. think shingles.
Well it sit silently in an organ and slowly eat it it up? See organ damage heart damage Covid examples....we arent looking at the recovered and healthy.
Will it mutate and become worse?

When we see some ratios of death population from Pandemics in the past, be it based on any Pathogen, we toss around 10%-80% death of a population.

Today, we have better science, more communication, better meds. Its a shame that a dismissal of whats happening, to basically "ignore it" by people all on their own or because of leadership examples, for politics, or money that persuade them?

Gosh, I hope we can eradicate this by vaccine, and none of the above becomes our new norm.
I think we will. I believe we will.

I simply hope people use this to reexamine many aspects of what is important, what we want for the future, and to explore as many areas of disagreeing
information as you have time to. Use this for everything....Politics, LEDs, Money.....Challenge yourself.....Be a Scientist.
For now, at the least, pretend to be a Doctor, and help save as many lives as you can. wear a mask.

#18542 41 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

[quoted image]

Macrotrends.net is a site with a big banner at the top that says "NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics

#18543 41 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

You mean something like this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53073046

Posted here in June

Shows details of higher than average deaths for many countries, and the fact that the majority are UNDER reporting the deaths.

"The number of deaths in the United States has been 16% higher than average, with about 97,300 more people dying than usual.

Official Covid-19 deaths - 70,266
Other excess deaths - 26,986"

It doesn't appear that the article has been updated since then, but the trend is likely to remain.

Alternatively take a look at:

https://medium.com/swlh/misinformation-goes-viral-1aad951e4492

Which has been updated regularly debunking some of the misinformation and conspiracy theories STILL abounding. This does include up to date data.

#18544 41 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

[quoted image]

Went to macro trends website. It says in big bold letters:

Note all 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus

#18545 41 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

we are doing the same as last year. In fact we might be doing a little bit better.

It is important to note the oversized text disclaimer inside the red box on the Macrotrends site related to the 2020 figures cited above;

"NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus."

Screenshot (320) (resized).png
#18546 41 days ago

Lol. Oops.

#18547 41 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Went to macro trends website. It says in big bold letters:
Note all 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus

Lmao

These guys always being the highest standards of research when it comes to covid denial.

It must be tiring trying so hard to prove something that is clearly wrong. Why not just give in and admit it’s not a hoax? It’ll be so much easier, AND you won’t be killing people by spreading brietbart lies and misinformation.

Try it out! You just might like it.

#18548 41 days ago
Quoted from pinmeds:

It is important to note the oversized text disclaimer inside the red box on the Macrotrends site related to the 2020 figures cited above;
"NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus."[quoted image]

What a sucker!

Let's all sell him some shit or something. He'll obviously buy anything.

#18549 41 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Seems Britain wants people to come back to work in the downtown areas.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/business/uk-working-from-home-pandemic-gbr-intl/index.html
"A widely-panned advert for cleaning agent Dettol on London's underground network went viral for its wayward list of all the "little things we love" about the office — like "carrying a handbag," "taking a lift" and "accidentally replying-all."
----------------------------------------------------
I don't know about anybody else but the office environment is not something I ever missed. Not even the water cooler conversations.
[quoted image]

I've been to the Euston station on the Underground....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
SIlverball In Play
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 58.00
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
There are 19677 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 394.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside