272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 576.
#18450 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It's just not worth commenting on mask wearing. It's just not.
My sister in law stopped at a small local restaurant to pick up her order the other night. When she walked in, none of the workers had masks, although they were all required to in MN. She made some comment about them not having masks. One worker's reply and I quote, "fuck you. Do you want your food or not?"
Her reply and I quote, "no thanks. You can shove it up your ass," and she walked out.
My wife and I have thought about trying that place. We have no desire to now.

In past 10 years practicing medicine, my wife has had to fire about a half dozen people for being abusive / making threats. 2 of them got restraining orders.

In past 6 months, it’s been around 3 dozen that I know of, with 6 restraining orders. She basically just only mentions it now when the cops are called. Nothing like having someone wave a gun in your face to try and prove that it is more dangerous than their cough.

Before it was mostly mentally ill people having a violent episode. Now it is brainwashed internet trolls wanting to martyr themselves.

#18451 3 years ago

I see "masks required" signs on restaurants, but then as soon as you're seated, the mask comes off to eat your food. Good thing virus particles respect table/booth boundaries?

Dining out is one of the riskiest possible activities during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a report issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Thursday, citing the fact that masks are not used while people are eating and drinking

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/515923-cdc-report-dining-out-increases-risk-of-contracting-coronavirus-more-than

#18452 3 years ago

People have not taken the virus seriously in the US and have struggled because we’ve never been told the truth. This is why the US needed a National plan and consistent message. If you tell people over and over again that it’s no big deal some will start to believe it. A lot people are babies and aren’t smart enough to put 2 and 2 together or be responsible for their safety let alone others. They have to be told specifically - wear a mask, wash your hands until it clicks. It’s the reason why we have messaging on products like bleach - “do not swallow” or coffee cups that say “contents are hot”.

#18453 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

messaging on products like bleach- do not swallow or coffee cups that say contents are hot.

True, that coffee warning cost $3 Million if I recall.

#18454 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

I see "masks required" signs on restaurants, but then as soon as you're seated, the mask comes off to eat your food. Good thing virus particles respect table/booth boundaries?

It will be a long time before I eat indoors at a restaurant, I’m quite fine with the patio in the summer.

#18455 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

People not taking the virus seriously in the US and has struggled because we’ve never been told the truth. This is why the US needed a National plan and consistent message. If you tell people over and over again that it’s no big deal some will start to believe it. A lot people are babies and aren’t smart enough to put 2 and 2 together or be responsible for their safety let alone others. They have to be told specifically - wear a mask, wash your hands until it clicks. It’s the reason why we have messaging on products like bleach- do not swallow or coffee cups that say contents are hot.

Unfortunately, I live in an area where I hear people daily saying it is fake. Seriously.

I just don't understand how people can say that.

#18456 3 years ago

Smart people know they are ignorant. Stupid people think they know everything. Way more stupid people than smart. Hilarity ensues.

#18457 3 years ago

I've been watching the daily California numbers on the Los Angeles times website and several times I've noticed something weird. In the evening of one day the new case count will be one number, then the next day it will have a lower number for the previous day. Last night the new case count was over 4000, but this morning it says there were 3,576 new cases yesterday. They keep revising the numbers down the next day. What does that mean?

#18458 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder if some of the anti mask people will begin to wear one now that it has been proven that World leaders lied to the public to down play the severity of the virus. It’s pretty hard to deny the facts now.
The audio tapes tell us the truth

2 + 2 = 5.

#18459 3 years ago

It will be a long time before I eat indoors at a restaurant, I’m quite fine with the patio in the summer.

Yeah, I just can't imagine eating indoors right now with everything we know about the virus. It just seems way too risky to me. If you want to support your local restaurants, dine outside if possible, or take the food to go.

#18460 3 years ago

ACTUALLY, if you consider significant digits and rounding, 2.3 + 2.3 = 4.6 which rounds to 5.

Had a SPC prof who would not give me the A based on my average of 89.4.

Damn number guys!

#18461 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

ACTUALLY, if you consider significant digits and rounding, 2.3 + 2.3 = 4.6 which rounds to 5.
Damn number guys!

This part on The Incredibles always cracks me up:

Screenshot_20200911-113137~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200911-113137~2 (resized).png
#18462 3 years ago

Be careful out there...

2A7B2CBF-6CF4-4890-9F0A-1426C8AF18BD (resized).jpeg2A7B2CBF-6CF4-4890-9F0A-1426C8AF18BD (resized).jpeg
#18463 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Unfortunately, I live in an area where I hear people daily saying it is fake. Seriously.
I just don't understand how people can say that.

Well, watch these 3 jackasses being interviewed.

One says it is his perogative to wear a mask or not.

Number 2, the bald jackass, might possibly have trouble with reading comprehension

and jackass #3 is already in a another life.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/11/trump-rally-attendees-michigan-ctn-vpx.cnn

They are playing "follow the leader" who does not bother to wear a mask.

Monkey see monkey do.

#18464 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Damn number guys!

Isn't 2 plus 2 22?

#18465 3 years ago

Heard I have a second co-worker that tested positive (in an office of about 15). He was at some lake party all weekend. Came in to work Tuesday, started feeling sick, and tested positive Thursday.

Also went to Menards yesterday and didn't take a mask. They made me buy one at the front door. No signs anywhere that I saw saying they were required or I would have brought mine in from my car. It was raining so I didn't want to go back to get it.

#18466 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Isn't 2 plus 2 22?

Yes, it is 22 CAD.

#18467 3 years ago

I gotta rant.
I finally made it south, to my property for the first time this year, south of Sarasota.
I meet up with my neighbors. We lost one to Covid, the second may not make it...cancer first, just took a covid test today with that.
Surprise, my 2 neighbors one from PA, the other from Ohio. Separately, they both just arrived for the winter, and started to come close. I share about distancing, as I am high risk.
Replies..." Oh, you're one of "those" people that believe in masks!'
WTF!
Between Sinclair, and Newscorp, their news is all BS on this. For whom? One Persons Lies?

#18468 3 years ago

Depends on how (or if) you look at it...

schrodingers-mask-simultaneously (resized).jpgschrodingers-mask-simultaneously (resized).jpg
#18469 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

How about we all acknowledge the severity of this thing, listen to the freaking scientists, and follow the recommendations instead of vilifying them and going around shouting “fuck China”.

Hey now, some of us are perfectly capable of doing both. They aren’t mutually incompatible.

#18470 3 years ago

RIP 9/11

o77wk57mnim51 (resized).jpgo77wk57mnim51 (resized).jpg
#18471 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

50 year old friend of mine got it. He rode bike every day and was in excellent shape. Wound up in the hospital for a week and now needs an inhaler to walk 30 feet to his mailbox. Honestly, I don't give as much of a crap about the 0.6 death rate. I DO care about contracting this disease and having the rest of my life severely altered due to unforseen complications.

Sorry to hear that news. But my Friend died when we were 18 he had an Asthma attack. Point is people get sick and die all the time. You may catch this and have no symptoms. Why live in Fear!

#18472 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Dude was peddling the same ole “no big deal” bullshit we have seen since January.
What do I suggest? How about we all acknowledge the severity of this thing, listen to the freaking scientists, and follow the recommendations instead of vilifying them and going around shouting “fuck China” and “‘Merica wooooo”.
That would be a fantastic start.

I will never stop saying F China ever. I do realize the severity of this also but I also don't quite think it's as bad as some of you here Think that it is. That's just my opinion and I'm not trying to debate it. I personally know of three people who have died from it in my area. I also know several people who work in different hospitals and it's just not a huge problem in my area. I still take it very serious and do my best to protect myself and others. I personally believe that this very politically motivated though.

#18473 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

People have not taken the virus seriously in the US and have struggled because we’ve never been told the truth.

You could have stopped right there for me.
It is so hard to truly understand what is true and what is rhetoric anymore.
It is no wonder we are all messed up over here!

#18474 3 years ago

Seems Britain wants people to come back to work in the downtown areas.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/business/uk-working-from-home-pandemic-gbr-intl/index.html

"A widely-panned advert for cleaning agent Dettol on London's underground network went viral for its wayward list of all the "little things we love" about the office — like "carrying a handbag," "taking a lift" and "accidentally replying-all."
----------------------------------------------------

I don't know about anybody else but the office environment is not something I ever missed. Not even the water cooler conversations.

Eg-50JLXgAIv0fR (resized).jpegEg-50JLXgAIv0fR (resized).jpeg

#18475 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I will never stop saying F China ever. I do realize the severity of this also but I also don't quite think it's as bad as some of you here Think that it is. That's just my opinion and I'm not trying to debate it. I personally know of three people who have died from it in my area. I also know several people who work in different hospitals and it's just not a huge problem in my area. I still take it very serious and do my best to protect myself and others. I personally believe that this very politically motivated though.

Are you familiar with the phrase “cognitive dissonance”?

Also, care to explain to me what exactly are Fauci’s sinister ulterior motives? Or the New England Journal of Medicine? Or the British Journal of Medicine? Or pretty much any reputable scientific society? Do you think that they are all in this giant global cabal whose sole goal is to give you and yours the sads?

Consider that maybe just maybe they are trying to yank our collective hands out of the fire.

#18476 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

This is just insane.
People not using words correctly is what causes misunderstanding, being deliberately obtuse or leaving room for interpretation is what causes misunderstanding, being vague leaves room for misunderstanding.
Using words correctly, by knowing what they mean, leads to clarity. Being able to construct a sentence with correct grammar, leads to clarity. Citing resources leads to clarity. Understanding the subject being spoken about, leads to clarity. Standing by your words, and being accountable for them, leads to clarity.
An example of a quote which isn't worth the paper it's written on, anything that starts with "They say...". Who the F are they? Anything that follows "They say" has been used a lot by 'he who shall not be named' amongst others. It's a kop out, a disclaimer, I want to say this for you all to think it was me, and has my weight of authority, but if it turns out to be wrong, or unpopular, I can say I only said "They said". It's like school girls gossiping.
Say what you mean, be clear with what you say, mean what you say. That would leave no room for misinterpretation.

I’m screwed. Oaken is correct! My grammar is awful. This is part of the reason why I deleted Facebook. My words are not fully understood and misunderstood. It doesn’t help at all. I’m juiced up on beer when I’m posting. My mind goes a million miles per second. My typing is about five light years behind. Hell I read some of my shit and damn. I don’t even know how to take it. I guess with a grain of salt?

Anyways before this turns into a Johnny post. People are stir crazy right now. Let’s try to keep a open mind. Try and talk to them like you want to talked to. I’m hard working factory worker that might be the best advice. All can say put a little bit of filter on. I’m trying swear.

#18477 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I’m screwed. oaken is correct! My grammar is awful. This is part of the reason why I deleted Facebook. My words are not fully understood and misunderstood. It doesn’t help at all. I’m juiced up on beer when I’m posting. My mind goes a million miles per second. My typing is about five light years behind. Hell I read some of my shit and damn. I don’t even know how to take it. I guess with a grain of salt?
Anyways before this turns into a Johnny post. People are stir crazy right now. Let’s try to keep a open mind. Try and talk to them like you want to talked to. I’m hard working factory worker that might be the best advice. All can say put a little bit of filter on. I’m trying swear.

We all love you Gunnut, who gives a rat's ass if you have bad grammar after 12 beers? I know I dont!

#18478 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

. My mind goes a million miles per second. My typing is about five light years behind

I find cannabis has helped me with this exact problem. I’ve been a daily user for over 20 years and find it helps me function. I find it slows my mind so that I can focus on the task at hand and not skip steps or make mistakes.

#18479 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Sorry to hear that news. But my Friend died when we were 18 he had an Asthma attack. Point is people get sick and die all the time. You may catch this and have no symptoms. Why live in Fear!

Asthma is something you're born with . This is a new thing that can kill you .
Sure you might catch it and have no symptoms but you could also get it and have permanent damage or die .
If you're in a vulnerable category , I can totally understand why you would be scared to catch it .
I know I'm Out numbered by Victorians on pinside but not Melbournians .
Some people think our Lockdown is too harsh but Channel 9 had a poll , 71% of people approving of the extended Lockdown .
We have gone from around 700 cases a day to around 30 today .
The plan is working and hopefully Australia can go back to normal sooner rather than later .

#18480 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I’m screwed. oaken is correct! My grammar is awful. This is part of the reason why I deleted Facebook. My words are not fully understood and misunderstood. It doesn’t help at all. I’m juiced up on beer when I’m posting. My mind goes a million miles per second. My typing is about five light years behind. Hell I read some of my shit and damn. I don’t even know how to take it. I guess with a grain of salt?

For someone with awful grammar , this is one of the best put together and thought out posts I have read .

#18482 3 years ago

I find cannabis has helped me with this exact problem. I’ve been a daily user for over 20 years and find it helps me function. I find it slows my mind so that I can focus on the task at hand and not skip steps or make mistakes.

I will be fired in heart beat. I can’t even drink to much the night before. My work gives me 25% of the legal driving limit. I can get pulled over and the police can say I’m good. I go into work and get fired! The good thing is I love my job right now. I do what they tell me to do unless it’s dumb. I will tell them straight up what I think and reasons behind it. Yeah they don’t talk to me to much.

Anyways. I do what I’m supposed to do as far masks. I take breaks at work out in my car. They have everyone in the break room with the plastic shields less than 3 feet up. You can never be to safe! I don’t really judge people who don’t wear masks or use them improperly. I do what I think is right. This makes me feel good. You cannot change other people. You can only change yourself. Do that and the best you can do every day. You will find out you are happy with yourself. Your life will change for the better!

#18483 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We all love you Gunnut, who gives a rat's ass if you have bad grammar after 12 beers? I know I dont!

I’m sure a bunch of people don’t. I’m ok with that. I’m weird and kinda crazy. Cassie Kai even tells me this on a regular basis. Thanks for the new nickname for her. Cobra Kai for life! Wear mask and be straight up ninja!

#18484 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I personally believe that this very politically motivated though.

Yep. 30 million worldwide cases, almost 1 million worldwide deaths. The world is participating in a giant conspiracy to inflate the seriousness of covid. Why? US political reasons. Makes sense.

#18485 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why do you continue to believe in conspiracy theories that are easily debunked over SCIENCE and FACTS??? You have been trying to pump this thread with BS since the beginning. You lost all credibility with believing the "Demon Sperm" doctor and the "My Pillow" guy floating their Snake Oil to the public. Are you a member of QAnon that believe there is a pedophilia Pizzeria in Washington DC also?

There are 2 battles going on right now (1) Pandemic (2) Debunking Misinformation. The US is its own worst enemy because defective people believing this crap.

FACT: WE had an early warning organization already in China and in other countries looking for virus that may impact the US which were defunded in September 2019 TWO months before the first COVID19 case. FACT: The Whitehouse knew EIGHT MONTHS ago it was airborne, deadly and highly contagious but threw out the playbook and downplayed it for months. It may originated in Wuhan but we have propagated the problem by not addressing it and taking it seriously. We cant blame anyone but us...the US.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Remember when all of you people talked about how stupid a certain person was for believing that Hydroxychloroquine was an effective drug to fight the Coronavirus?
https://twitter.com/carrieksada/status/1287978414104690688?s=21

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are being lied to. There are a bunch more articles just like that one backing up what she is saying.

We are definitely being lied to.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

He makes great pillows.....actually changed my life as crazy as that may sound. Not sure about his Covid-19 pills though.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bottom line is there’s something fishy going on here folks and none of us know the real truth.

The only thing I agree with you on.
Science Mother F'er.gifScience Mother F'er.gif

#18487 3 years ago
c6de446554e6_4360 (resized).jpgc6de446554e6_4360 (resized).jpg
#18488 3 years ago
5173B7EC-ED82-4A84-A100-9045ADA3A9AF (resized).jpeg5173B7EC-ED82-4A84-A100-9045ADA3A9AF (resized).jpeg
#18489 3 years ago

Hey dude! Put down those beakers of koolaid down! Pour that stuff out and put some ice cold beer into it. Those fake numbers will make more sense. Just saying.

#18490 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Asthma is something you're born with . This is a new thing that can kill you .
Sure you might catch it and have no symptoms but you could also get it and have permanent damage or die .
If you're in a vulnerable category , I can totally understand why you would be scared to catch it .
I know I'm Out numbered by Victorians on pinside but not Melbournians .
Some people think our Lockdown is too harsh but Channel 9 had a poll , 71% of people approving of the extended Lockdown .
We have gone from around 700 cases a day to around 30 today .
The plan is working and hopefully Australia can go back to normal sooner rather than later .

Missing my point. People live in Fear. I heard Poland is doing really well not having a lock down like Melbourne. Also heard that their economy is booming. Interesting that we are basically what Poland was and Poland is what we were. I guess when you loose Freedom you never forget and will do anything to keep it. Maybe in 50 years we will be back to the Australia we were. Damn i miss those days. When flights open up Thailand here i come!!! Australia really is a shit pile now.

#18491 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Why do you continue to believe in conspiracy theories that are easily debunked over SCIENCE and FACTS??? You have been trying to pump this thread with BS since the beginning. You lost all credibility with believing the "Demon Sperm" doctor and the "My Pillow" guy floating their Snake Oil to the public. Are you a member of QAnon that believe there is a pedophilia Pizzeria in Washington DC also?
There are 2 battles going on right now (1) Pandemic (2) Debunking Misinformation. The US is its own worst enemy because defective people believing this crap.
FACT: WE had an early warning organization already in China and in other countries looking for virus that may impact the US which were defunded in September 2019 TWO months before the first COVID19 case. FACT: The Whitehouse knew EIGHT MONTHS ago it was airborne, deadly and highly contagious but threw out the playbook and downplayed it for months. It may originated in Wuhan but we have propagated the problem by not addressing it and taking it seriously. We cant blame anyone but us...the US.

We are definitely being lied to.

The only thing I agree with you on.
[quoted image]

Science goal posts shift all the time. I will look after my health i do not need you or the government to tell me how to look after my own health. That is not their Job or yours. You have the right to believe what you want but it works both ways. You believe your news channel and i will continue not to live in fear and watch fear based media.

#18492 3 years ago

So the message to the average worker, the essential worker, the hero worker is still "fuck you".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/business/share-buybacks-hazard-pay/index.html

"Some major retailers are continuing a controversial practice known as share buybacks in the pandemic, despite ending hazard pay for their workers or not providing any at all."

I do not consider stock buy backs controversial. They have their place.

But what about your employees who are stuck on the cheap labor treadmill?

#18493 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Why do you continue to believe in conspiracy theories that are easily debunked over SCIENCE and FACTS???

Because of things like this.....

https://www.aier.org/article/the-sturgis-bike-rally-sensationalist-reporting-and-broken-disease-models/

#18494 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]

I've looked on the internet for an outdoor barber where I live, but couldn't find one. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

#18495 3 years ago

So we’re about 6 months into covid and globally we’ve reached 30 million infected and 1 million dead. That’s one in 30. 3.3% mortality rate. If 30 million people is an accurate representation of the global population then with a total population global of 7 billion people, we should expect to see 230 million people dead from this if the current projection continue.

#18496 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I heard Poland is doing really well not having a lock down like Melbourne. Also heard that their economy is booming. Interesting that we are basically what Poland was and Poland is what we were.

I don't know why you think Poland is going so well , we're doing a lot better than them .
6 of 8 states had 0 cases today .
42 new cases for the whole country .
Chin-up , we'll be back to normal ( as much as any country ) before you know it .

IMG_20200913_213005 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_213005 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_213032 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_213032 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_204908 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_204908 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_205137 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_205137 (resized).jpg
#18497 3 years ago

Also this...

Screenshot_2020-09-13 France Covid Map and Case Count (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-09-13 France Covid Map and Case Count (resized).png

Screenshot_2020-09-13 France Covid Map and Case Count(1) (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-09-13 France Covid Map and Case Count(1) (resized).png

#18498 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Science goal posts shift all the time. I will look after my health i do not need you or the government to tell me how to look after my own health. That is not their Job or yours. You have the right to believe what you want but it works both ways. You believe your news channel and i will continue not to live in fear and watch fear based media.

Oh c'mon man you're only scratching the surface there, really!?

You're right though, have to tread eggshells here... for various reasons and consequences.

All I can say is Make Sure you bring Your Own ladle!

#18499 3 years ago

Or there's yet more "science" logic...

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/08/researcher-center-epic-fraud-remains-enigma-those-who-exposed-him

Of course it's a given that not 100% are exposed .....

You don't need to be "highly educated" to be honest, and vice verca, both ways. It takes all types.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/370?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.