272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 576.
#18300 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Ha, you get arrested just for opposing lockdown!

She didn't get arrested for opposing the lockdown .
She got arrested for organising a protest and inciting people to gather in numbers . She was interviewed on the radio yesterday and started off by saying all right things , like I'm sorry and I didn't know it was illegal , by the end of it she said she wasn't sorry and would do it all over again . The cops have arrested two other guys for trying to organise protests .
We have been locked down for almost 5 weeks and our numbers have been steadily going down .
The last thing we need is dick heads like these trying to ruin all the hard work that has been done and this Lockdown would be for nothing .
If we continue the hard work for a bit longer hopefully our numbers will get low enough so we can open backup with confidence , like you guys in SA .

IMG_20200904_210907 (resized).jpgIMG_20200904_210907 (resized).jpg
#18301 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Just do not do it after Curfew you get arrested in Melbourne for that.

Technically putting your bin out isn't one of the four reasons you're allowed to leave your house , no matter what time of the day .

#18302 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

She didn't get arrested for opposing the lockdown .
She got arrested for organising a protest and inciting people to gather in numbers . She was interviewed on the radio yesterday and started off by saying all right things , like I'm sorry and I didn't know it was illegal , by the end of it she said she wasn't sorry and would do it all over again . The cops have arrested two other guys for trying to organise protests .
We have been locked down for almost 5 weeks and our numbers have been steadily going down .
The last thing we need is dick heads like these trying to ruin all the hard work that has been done and this Lockdown would be for nothing .
If we continue the hard work for a bit longer hopefully our numbers will get low enough so we can open backup with confidence , like you guys in SA .
[quoted image]

Sooo, Vic has had not even 5 times as many cases, but about 13 times as many deaths as NSW .... ?

Weren't most NSW deaths in nursing homes, as well?

The whole lot is un-natural. I suppose, why stop the futility of trying to defeat nature all of a sudden. Lol

Lockdown and a china like police state is the solution then you think?. Each to their own I suppose, glutton for punishment?. The regime there in Vic is doing plenty of broad damage edgeways. I suppose you are right in some ways maybe, make the bed then must lay in the consequences. Lock up those objectors!. The stage 3 was showing to be more than adequate, as showed up in the lag data.

There are plenty of ways for mitigating outbreak without any "stage 4 lockdown" nonsense, we proved it here. Do you think "More Stick" is really making things "better" there? ... or would death/infection rate (that existed already anyway) have made people act properly regardless, eventually?

Super costly to lock down in such an extreme way if it's affect is a minimal contributor to curbing spread, tough to prove either way.... you'd want to hope it was "the only way". Cost more than benefit?.

I'd now disagree with state border travel restrictions, it is stupid at this point, for many reasons. "Hotspot Areas" is appropriate.

If such extreme lockdown nonsense was happening here I would be on the street with everyone else! ... or in gaol with everyone else (but probably not). Whatever. Lol

I digress...

#18303 3 years ago

IHME model projection has been updated. This is the model that in general has been overly optimistic about pretty much everything. Still though, it is a well known model that many in power have used or cited. A quote:

We expect the daily death rate in the United States, because of seasonality and declining vigilance of the public, to reach nearly 3,000 a day in December. Cumulative deaths expected by January 1 are 410,000; this is 225,000 deaths from now until the end of the year

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/estimation-updates-united-states

#18304 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

IHME model projection has been updated. This is the model that in general has been overly optimistic about pretty much everything. Still though, it is a well known model that many in power have used or cited. A quote:
We expect the daily death rate in the United States, because of seasonality and declining vigilance of the public, to reach nearly 3,000 a day in December. Cumulative deaths expected by January 1 are 410,000; this is 225,000 deaths from now until the end of the year

No need to take any of this stuff seriously - the experts don't know what they are talking about.

IF YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT OLD NEWS REPORTS THE EXPERTS HAVE BEEN RIGHT ALMOST 100% OF THE TIME.

The flu doesn't kill over 1/2 a million people in a year! You don't get cancer by going out to a bar with someone that has cancer. If the 25% of people not taking this seriously would wake the hell up and we all worked together this would be over much sooner!

#18305 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Cumulative deaths expected by January 1 are 410,000; this is 225,000 deaths from now until the end of the year

The morning commute to work is going to be great in 2022.

#18306 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lockdown and a china like police state is the solution then you think?. There are plenty of ways for mitigating outbreak without that, we proved it.

If restricting people's movements isn't the best way to stop the spread of the virus please let us know .
Masks are mandatory here and if there are plenty of ways to stop the spread , Victoria would love to hear it . As you said you're proved it even though your borders are closed .

#18307 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well, the case rate is not going up. But it is not really going down, either. And winter is coming.

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.31.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.31.21 PM (resized).png

Same thing. We are sort of going sideways. But we are a long way from zero. And winter is coming.

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.31.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.31.52 PM (resized).png

#18308 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

If restricting people's movements isn't the best way to stop the spread of the virus please let us know .
Masks are mandatory here and if there are plenty of ways to stop the spread , Victoria would love to hear it . As you said you're proved it even though your borders are closed .

Well something must be different, we had plenty of cases here early on and the same chances for spread to begin with. Incoming infected tourists, returning infected residents, community transmission including Barossa valley, town and country, it was getting around. Way back when We proved it, the Borders were all open, too. Yep it was a while ago!

I'm just pointing out stage Three levels of restrictions there is more than adequate, if people Do It. But if you wan't this level 4 thing, hey, you do you... Go for it.

*Ignoring overpowering negative consequences of Many kinds.

#18309 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

No need to take any of this stuff seriously - the experts don't know what they are talking about.
IF YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT OLD NEWS REPORTS THE EXPERTS HAVE BEEN RIGHT ALMOST 100% OF THE TIME.
The flu doesn't kill over 1/2 a million people in a year! You don't get cancer by going out to a bar with someone that has cancer. If the 25% of people not taking this seriously would wake the hell up and we all worked together this would be over much sooner!

From the 1st death on 2/8/2020, its killed 186,831 as of this posting - in the US . That's 26,690 people dead every month within 7 months and September just started. The vaccines wont be out to the widely available to general public maybe this time next year. Even so, people are hesitant event to get the flue vaccine. It has the potential to kill a lot more if we don't get our act together.
200.gif200.gif

#18310 3 years ago

When COVID started, many workers were deemed essential and had to go to work in the mess.

At first, they were heroes.

Now, some are being called lazy because that don't want to deal with the risk of working.

Some have died.

And now, many of them were so valuable and essential that their next stop will be unemployment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/economy/transit-workers-layoffs/index.html

#18311 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, the case rate is not going up. But it is not really going down, either. And winter is coming.
[quoted image]
Same thing. We are sort of going sideways. But we are a long way from zero. And winter is coming.
[quoted image]

# tests per day is getting a bit wonky too.

Edit: For instance, look at Alabama. They have dramatically decreased their testing whilst their cases are going up...meaning their positivity rate is 90%.

90 freakin percent. That is some powerful “if I don’t see it, it will go away” wishful thinking.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview

#18312 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Well look at you Mr. Positive thinking you will have a place to commute to.

#18314 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

From the 1st death on 2/8/2020, its killed 186,831 as of this posting - in the US . That's 26,690 people dead every month within 7 months and September just started. The vaccines wont be out to the widely available to general public maybe this time next year. Even so, people are hesitant event to get the flue vaccine. It has the potential to kill a lot more if we don't get our act together.
[quoted image]

YinYangDescription.001 (resized).jpegYinYangDescription.001 (resized).jpeg

Two sides, to give ballance. Each side with an aspect of the other. The Same, but Different... still, equally essential.

#18315 3 years ago

How i see things i am a traveler in this universe how dare a corporate stop me from traveling.

#18316 3 years ago
IMG_20200905_064129 (resized).jpgIMG_20200905_064129 (resized).jpg
#18317 3 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/09/03/dallas-county-reports-250-new-covid-19-cases-and-8-deaths/%3foutputType=amp

Dallas County reported 250 new cases of the coronavirus and eight deaths.
The new cases include one from July and 121 from August. They bring the county’s total to 72,860 cases, including 934 deaths.

#18318 3 years ago

50,000 new cases yesterday.....Boy are we going to be pissed at the Bill, and New Insurance Costs!!!

#18319 3 years ago

Data pffft....bull butter! Let’s see I’ll look it up on google. Motorcycle wreak Covid 19 death if I ever did see one. Checked into Covid test site clearly infected! The virus is real the data is not. Wear your mask and stay safe!

#18320 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Quoted from Oaken:

Well look at you Mr. Positive thinking you will have a place to commute to.

And thinking he will still be able to punch a time clock instead of pushing up daisies.

#18321 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

# tests per day is getting a bit wonky too.
Edit: For instance, look at Alabama. They have dramatically decreased their testing whilst their cases are going up...meaning their positivity rate is 90%.
90 freakin percent. That is some powerful “if I don’t see it, it will go away” wishful thinking.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview

Since you mentioned Alabama - Friend of mine in Mobile area works in an outpatient rehab facility. They require gowns, masks, and face shields when working with patients. He has been exposed 6 different times to Covid infected patients. Tested neg first 5 times, but the 6th time was the charm, he got it. Said it was the worst flu he ever experienced x 3. Put him down for over 2 weeks. Even caused some cognitive issues. He is recovered now and back at work.

Before he went back to work, he had to show a negative test. Says his facility used to do the tests, but a governmental agency removed their machines. Said the testing machines were needed somewhere else. Now they have to go off site to be tested. Weird, but even weirder - he was denied testing at 2 off site places because he was asymptomatic (well). Had to lie to a third off-site place to get a test so he could go back to work. This was in August.

#18322 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

we had plenty of cases here

You've only had over 400 cases since this has all begun .
We were at over 700 cases a day .

Quoted from razorsedge:

But if you wan't this level 4 thing, hey, you do you... Go for it.

We were at stage 3 Lockdown but that wasn't working .
With stage 4 we have from 700 down to 70 cases a day , and still going down .
You talk like we're happy with the situation , I suppose it is easy to give judgement when you're not actually affected by it .

You still haven't said what you've done differently to stop to spread of the virus .
The dumb c@*ts were out protesting today , about their human rights , being locked down , what about everyone's else's rights about trying to stop this virus . The cops smashed them and I'm glad they did .
IMG_20200906_033858 (resized).jpgIMG_20200906_033858 (resized).jpg

#18323 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Data pffft....bull butter! Let’s see I’ll look it up on google. Motorcycle wreak Covid 19 death if I ever did see one. Checked into Covid test site clearly infected! The virus is real the data is not. Wear your mask and stay safe!

Trying to read this and all I see is:

#18324 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Quoted from Oaken:

Trying to read this and all I see is:

I thought it was just me who could not understand what was being said.

#18325 3 years ago

I took this picture earlier today. Sorry for the glare in the window.

6CBBAAC9-6D09-4C0A-B2B0-7E359FDE6023 (resized).jpeg6CBBAAC9-6D09-4C0A-B2B0-7E359FDE6023 (resized).jpeg
#18326 3 years ago

This seems to be an interesting alternative to face masks, certainly more comfortable e.g. when going shop to shop, or on a plane. I bought 3 from a UK medical supply company (not direct although you can do that too), and it seems to be bona fide? What is this 'Viruferrin' and why isn't more stuff coated in it??

https://www.virustaticshield.com

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/mar/25/10-coronavirus-covid-busting-designs

#18327 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/09/03/dallas-county-reports-250-new-covid-19-cases-and-8-deaths/%3foutputType=amp
Dallas County reported 250 new cases of the coronavirus and eight deaths.
The new cases include one from July and 121 from August. They bring the county’s total to 72,860 cases, including 934 deaths.

Someone help me out here, I must be doing my math incorrect.

72,860 cases divided by 2,636,000 county population = about 2.8% , not 11% as the article reads.

Did I misread something? Either that, or someone please explain how they came up with 11.3%. Or is the percentage of positive tests at 11.3%, meaning about 7,300 positive tests divided by a population of 2,636,000 which would be around 0.3%?

#18328 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

With stage 4 we have from 700 down to 70 cases a day , and still going down .
You talk like we're happy with the situation , I suppose it is easy to give judgement when you're not actually affected by it .
You still haven't said what you've done differently to stop to spread of the virus .
The dumb c@*ts were out protesting today , about their human rights , being locked down , what about everyone's else's rights about trying to stop this virus . The cops smashed them and I'm glad they did .
[quoted image]

I disagree but hey that's a democracy oh the good old days.

#18329 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Someone help me out here, I must be doing my math incorrect.
72,860 cases divided by 2,636,000 county population = about 2.8% , not 11% as the article reads.
Did I misread something? Either that, or someone please explain how they came up with 11.3%. Or is the percentage of positive tests at 11.3%, meaning about 7,300 positive tests divided by a population of 2,636,000 which would be around 0.3%?

The 11.3% is calculated out of the total tests people are taking, if I'm reading it correctly.

So if 1000 people got tested, 113 tested as positive.

#18330 3 years ago

The percentage of positive tests can only be based on the total number of tests performed. How many tests are positive? The number of county residents? What does that have to do with anything? If they didn’t get tests, they aren’t part of the equation.

#18331 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The 11.3% is calculated out of the total tests people are taking, if I'm reading it correctly.
So if 1000 people got tested, 113 tested as positive.

Also, a general rule of thumb: if you have a positivity rate over 8-10%, then you really don’t have a handle on the extent of infection in your community, let alone trying to control it. Under 5% means you have a chance at controlling the outbreak without severe measures.

#18332 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

This seems to be an interesting alternative to face masks, certainly more comfortable e.g. when going shop to shop, or on a plane. I bought 3 from a UK medical supply company (not direct although you can do that too), and it seems to be bona fide? What is this 'Viruferrin' and why isn't more stuff coated in it??
https://www.virustaticshield.com
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/mar/25/10-coronavirus-covid-busting-designs

Hmmm, I see two things that could be wrong with this. "Viruferrin" could be snake oil and just advertising BS. Check up on it, try to find any other reference to it (not just some wild-eyed "scientist" on YouTube ). Better references are usually the long boring scientific text articles with no pictures that tediously cite legitimate scientific studies, and provide long, dull lists of high-level qualifying credentials.
That's why everyone skips those and goes for the YouTube guy. Resist the temptation.
Also, there is no bendable nosepiece to make it fit properly around the nose. Same problem with other cheap masks and most bandanas. If you just pull a cloth around your face, it leaves big gaps between your cheeks and your nose. Air will follow the path of least resistance, so most of your breathing is going in and out of this gap instead of through the mask. People probably like masks like that because it's easy to breathe, but you're breathing unfiltered air. Unless you are just wearing your mask for decoration, you will want something that fits a little better.

#18333 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The percentage of positive tests can only be based on the total number of tests performed. How many tests are positive? The number of county residents? What does that have to do with anything? If they didn’t get tests, they aren’t part of the equation.

I was just curious and confused by the numbers. I wasn't certain if they were suggesting the percentage rate indicated the number infected in the entire county.

I was using the total population to find percentage of positive in the county, but I see your point in if you don't get tested you may never know, so , there's that.

Thanks for the input all.

#18334 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

400 cases over a couple of months of Stage 3 "GUIDELINES" (not lockdown, although there were plenty of fines being dished out), then we got it fizzled out.... That's because everyone wasn't defiantly having parties and meeting up for coffee gatherings etc, and we accepted offers of ADF help with hotel quarantine, instead of employing Retarded "untrained", knuckle-dragging rent-a-cop fu@k boys... etc. etc. If we done it the way you guys did we would probably be on hundreds of cases per day right now too. But we must have done some things different, obviously.. We stopped at 400 or so cases because of respect for stage 3 "Guidelines"! . We had More cases than Vic at some early points. The differences seem to be in the Actions of "People", authorities And citizens. Wasn't keen to push the point but you obviously want to see it again... lol

As much as it's pokey standup comedy, he absolutely hits the nail on the head... how ironic.

Quoted from BazilBLast:

The dumb c@*ts were out protesting today , about their human rights , being locked down , what about everyone's else's rights about trying to stop this virus ....

Your crazy premier simply never waited anywhere near long enough to identify if it was in fact working sufficiently, or not. The way numbers dropped so Rapidly even, most obviously suggests the Stage 4 kneejerk is a serious over reaction. Besides, stage 3 restrictions were only not as effective as they could be because too many Melbournites and karens insisted on doing whatever the fu@k they felt like, and secretly spreading it around juuust a little....... too much.

I guess some things might have been different here, perhaps people followed reasonable sounding Requests from state govt, to refrain from certain things and behaviours... for a couple of months people did that, still no masks, numbers dwindle, people work .... no worries? . People haven't been generally threatened with arrest here, either. Something about Big Sticks gets peoples guard up, good work Dan. Where was Mr Serious when organising hotel quarantine security?

What about the public right of people to be exposed to Regular seasonal viruses? ... to be allowed to gain any amount of actual natural resistance. That is being Denied, meaning more serious possible impacts in seasons to come from the regular cold/flu etc.. I think the "dumb c@*ts" are really those brainwashed simpleton majority, a conga line of suckers Not out protesting, the biggest echo chamber there is. Still, each to their own, I trust nature to work, over man. What Vic. admin. is engaged in doing, the result is Needlessly Hobbling Australia, as a whole (economic, health, wellbeing). How many Additional businesses are going to go under there now?, even just from the Extra 2 weeks minimum of Stage 4 nonsense?? . To be fair W.A. isn't helping, neither are we much, in some ways. We could all be like NSW.

Well, you'll be right now anyway though hey?.... stage 4 Lockdown extended at least another 2 weeks on top, ? ... honestly, is that really good do you think mate?? ....

Hey.... who knows .... it is possible Melbourne just really Does require "Stage 4 Lockdown"?, just to compensate for... some of the people.

#18335 3 years ago

I'm in Melbourne and stage 4 lockdown is BULL S#*T.

My kids will be home schooled close to 4 months, my eldest daughter may not return to school this year.

People can not work even if they have no contact with people, Gardeners etc. Solar systems can not be installed on roofs for example!!

Fantastic thinking, lets shut down the economy, prevent elective surgery, keep old people isolated so they can die alone even without COvid, retard the education of a whole generation, increase anxiety and mental health issues for a large chunk of society, prevent people from getting certain cancer screenings such as endoscopes and colonoscopies (personally know people that has happened to) etc etc

The State Government in Victoria should be booted as they are so incompetent it is unbelievable. I have first hand information regarding their dealings in acquiring masks, how they instructed government workers working in hotel quarantine to bring their own PPE and on and on.

Apart from this crap I can not go interstate to see my wife's family, shit I can not legally see my own parents/sisters etc who live 10 kms away!!

It is just stupid, took my children for a walk to a park, playground was shut, but the drinking fountains are open to the public!!

I am happy to wear a mask, can handle the curfew, limit shopping to 5kms but PLEASE let children go to school and let people go to work!!

#18336 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I'm in Melbourne and stage 4 lockdown is BULL S#*T.
My kids will be home schooled close to 4 months, my eldest daughter may not return to school this year.
People can not work even if they have no contact with people, Gardeners etc. Solar systems can not be installed on roofs for example!!
Fantastic thinking, lets shut down the economy, prevent elective surgery, keep old people isolated so they can die alone even without COvid, retard the education of a whole generation, increase anxiety and mental health issues for a large chunk of society, prevent people from getting certain cancer screenings such as endoscopes and colonoscopies (personally know people that has happened to) etc etc
The State Government in Victoria should be booted as they are so incompetent it is unbelievable. I have first hand information regarding their dealings in acquiring masks, how they instructed government workers working in hotel quarantine to bring their own PPE and on and on.
Apart from this crap I can not go interstate to see my wife's family, shit I can not legally see my own parents/sisters etc who live 10 kms away!!
It is just stupid, took my children for a walk to a park, playground was shut, but the drinking fountains are open to the public!!
I am happy to wear a mask, can handle the curfew, limit shopping to 5kms but PLEASE let children go to school and let people go to work!!

Hey, Careful!, you're Not allowed to have the "wrong" opinion in the covid1984 era!!! .... wash your mouth out!!!

You'll end up in handcuffs in your Own House, like that heavily pregnant woman making "kooky" posts online.

#18338 3 years ago

Initial news reports are showing packed bars, beaches again. I’d expect to see another spike at the end of September. The only way people are going to learn is through attrition by getting sick and/or dying.

High School Football game in Jacksonville, Fl

ABDFCC43-E28E-4D46-88F0-68FD65FD864C (resized).jpegABDFCC43-E28E-4D46-88F0-68FD65FD864C (resized).jpeg

Bar near a University in South Carolina

FDF02214-AC58-42E5-B300-4A9B40014FD8 (resized).jpegFDF02214-AC58-42E5-B300-4A9B40014FD8 (resized).jpeg406FB264-9967-41E5-831A-1153433407C9 (resized).jpeg406FB264-9967-41E5-831A-1153433407C9 (resized).jpeg

CA5DC6CF-96FA-4FFA-89B7-87025DA8DD3A (resized).jpegCA5DC6CF-96FA-4FFA-89B7-87025DA8DD3A (resized).jpeg
#18339 3 years ago

Meanwhile, in France...
(cas = cases; morts = deaths)

Probably not the best time to visit us.

Capture d’écran 2020-09-06 à 20.38.57 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2020-09-06 à 20.38.57 (resized).png
#18340 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Meanwhile, in France...
[quoted image]

In normal time I would go to Paris 3 times a year. Haven’t been there since February

#18341 3 years ago

Don’t worry, the data isn’t real or something.

At least that’s what I think was being said in that grammatical and logical horror show a few posts back.

#18342 3 years ago

I finally found non-stinky hand sanitizer, ~$15 for a gallon jug at Costco.

20200906_175426 (resized).jpg20200906_175426 (resized).jpg

#18343 3 years ago

Don’t believe the news. Don’t believe the numbers. Just go out and party right? /sarcasm

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/3-deaths-147-coronavirus-cases-now-tied-maine-wedding-n1239353

#18345 3 years ago

Corona Lisa, lol

Screenshot_20200907-002830~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200907-002830~2 (resized).png
#18347 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Meanwhile, in France...
[quoted image]

So, the "morts" are not increasing this time ...

Isn't that a good thing somehow?

#18348 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So, the "morts" are not increasing this time ...
Isn't that a good thing somehow?

Yeah, it's a good thing - neither is the number of patients in Emergency care.

There are several factors that may explain this discrepancy:
- More testing, including for asymptomatic carriers, who were not detected before and may never have symptoms
- Younger patients (older ones still took it seriously and tried to avoid being exposed)
- Better treatment - there is no miracle cure yet, but corticoid help a bit, medical teams know better who will be at high risk, etc.
- Possible seasonality of your immune system
- Some people have described a mutation of the virus leading to a less severe but more contagious form - not sure if applicable.

We hope deaths won't increase (too much) again in a few weeks...

#18349 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Corona Lisa, lol[quoted image]

"Rona Mona"

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/367?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.