272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 576.
#18050 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I’ve had my guard up, but have been letting it down recently. I wear a mask everywhere and have sanitizer my truck. Lots of takeout and socially distanced gatherings. I did go to a bar with my friends last week and of course we all were hanging out without our masks on. The next morning I thought to myself, what was the point of that? I just spent every day for the past few months being extra cautious. I suppose the point is that it is easy to let your guard down. I’m back to being overly cautious again, but it was a breath of fresh air to see my friends. There really is something to the mental well-being argument to all of this.

Totally get the need for interaction. I wish the government would do more to open up outdoor spaces for bars and restaurants to use. It’s so much safer than keeping restaurants and bars open for indoor dining. If you’re so inclined, there’s a Federal bill to help out small restaurants that helps them pay employees and convert their spaces to more outdoor dining.

#18051 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Good article here, I totally recognize myself in it. In March, I was sanitizing anything that came into the house. By August, I’m going into restaurants, and going into stores to buy things I definitely don’t need. The mask and distancing are just muscle memory now. I still eat outside if it’s an option, but I don’t worry about sitting down in a booth in my favorite Cuban place if it’s not too crowded.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/covid-risks-stop-seeming-so-scary/2020/08/21/09c286c4-cc49-11ea-bc6a-6841b28d9093_story.html

Enjoyed the article. Without chronic risk desensitization I guess the wildebeests would never cross the river. Works out great most of the time!

#18052 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200823-145557~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200823-145557~2 (resized).png
#18054 3 years ago

Who had asteroid for November on their 2020 bingo card?

7C9C2D7E-0460-4DC1-A21C-8BA48F54FB00 (resized).png7C9C2D7E-0460-4DC1-A21C-8BA48F54FB00 (resized).png

#18055 3 years ago

New Covid Test

A new and easy self-test for Covid-19 is doing the rounds and it's simple, quick and positive (or negative if you see what I mean).

Take a glass and pour a decent amount of your favorite scotch or bourbon into it; then see if you can smell it. If you can, then you are halfway there.

Then drink it. If you can taste it then it is reasonable to assume you are currently free of the virus because the loss of the sense of smell and taste is a common symptom.

I tested myself 7 times last night and was virus free every time thank goodness.

I will have to test myself again today because I have developed a throbbing headache which can also be one of the symptoms.

#18056 3 years ago

27895c0~2 (resized).jpg27895c0~2 (resized).jpg

#18057 3 years ago

I never thought that senior airline pilots might be considered as a new source of cheap labor but times are changing.

"Airline pilots are worried about their jobs. So some are learning to fly drones"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/23/business/drone-pilots-gig-economy/index.html

(More gig economy on the horizon. )

Aquiline Drones, a Connecticut-based startup, wants to create a gig economy for drone operators, pledging to roll out a simple smartphone app about two months from now that allows anyone with a license to take on short-term jobs, from capturing aerial footage at a wedding to snapping pictures of bridges and roadways for a public works department.

This is the best part: " As part of the program, Aquiline will walk students through the Federal Aviation Administration's licensing process and even set licensed students up with their own LLC, the option to finance a $4,000 drone and insurance at an $1,500 annual rate directly through Aquiline.
=============================================

These gig working drone pilots will be humping like storm chasers to see who can get there first.

#18058 3 years ago

Social distancing American Airlines style. At least Delta has pledged to keep its middle seat empty and save a seat for Levi

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/08/21/airplane-mask-fight-moos-pkg-vpx.cnn

#18059 3 years ago

More bad news..the arctic ice is melting fast and starting to have effects on the jet-stream. Now
new jet Streams in the northern hemisphere are starting to lock in permanent active weather patterns Around the word. drought, floods, wildfires, mostlyThe recent greenland ice Shelf melt is a prime example and constant flooding in Venice another. Massive hail damage in Alberta and
BC Canada battling big fires now.

#18060 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

More bad news..the arctic ice is melting fast and starting to have effects on the jet-stream. Now
new jet Streams in the northern hemisphere are starting to lock in permanent active weather patterns Around the word. drought, floods, wildfires, mostlyThe recent greenland ice Shelf melt is a prime example and constant flooding in Venice another. Massive hail damage in Alberta and

One big part of all of this is changes in the Drake Passage.
Herss just one read:
https://projects.noc.ac.uk/drake-passage/

It is sensitive enough, to have an effect on much of our weather.....

#18061 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

We're all going to die, better play all the pinball we can before it's too late! An Asteroid is gonna wipe out the earth on November 2nd also!

#18062 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My sister-in-law is 81 years old now. She believes in her religion but she does not believe global warming is happening. She thinks it is a hoax.

I can tell her that some South Pacific islands are sinking into the ocean and she will buy that; but ocean water levels rising because of global warming? No way. It can't happen.

#18063 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200823-204749~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200823-204749~2 (resized).png
#18064 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We're all going to die, better play all the pinball we can before it's too late! An Asteroid is gonna wipe out the earth on November 2nd also!

We will be fine. I read the NASA stuff that said our atmosphere will burn it up. It is about the size of a pickup truck.

#18065 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

New Covid Test
A new and easy self-test for Covid-19 is doing the rounds and it's simple, quick and positive (or negative if you see what I mean).
Take a glass and pour a decent amount of your favorite scotch or bourbon into it; then see if you can smell it. If you can, then you are halfway there.
Then drink it. If you can taste it then it is reasonable to assume you are currently free of the virus because the loss of the sense of smell and taste is a common symptom.
I tested myself 7 times last night and was virus free every time thank goodness.
I will have to test myself again today because I have developed a throbbing headache which can also be one of the symptoms.

I always try to enhance this with some rolled up tobacco and set it on fire. Currently on me second test today.

#18066 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My sister-in-law is 81 years old now. She believes in her religion but she does not believe global warming is happening. She thinks it is a hoax.
I can tell her that some South Pacific islands are sinking into the ocean and she will buy that; but ocean water levels rising because of global warming? No way. It can't happen.

Plenty of conspiracy theorists that have left school in 10th grade and formed their own opinions about complex environmental issues/viruses while having lots to say on social media about "their opinions", which unfortunately seem to carry weight in societies belief of the cause of critical natural and man made disasters

#18067 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You forgot about those killer hornets everyone was talking about for a hot minute.

#18068 3 years ago

My son shared this, and I just had a bad chuckle.

The Covid Case Race, Anime.

#18069 3 years ago

I went and got a flu shot on Friday at Costco. When the pharmacist took my temperature it kept coming back at 94. He took his temp and it was normal, the techs were normal, he scanned me and it came back 94. My body temp has always ran on the cool side but never that cool. Funny thing is I am always hot, don’t mind the cold and i really don’t mind the heat either.

As a side note, found out the flu vaccine lasts about 6 months. No side effects, except my shoulder was sore.

#18070 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yup climate change, we've never seen hail like this before. Only every other year for the last 40+ years I've been here.

#18071 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

You forgot about those killer hornets everyone was talking about for a hot minute.

Don’t worry. We got this. Release the swarm!

#18072 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Smart people (but not the sinister money ones from the big end of town) have known this since the 70's. Falls on deaf ears though with so much of humanity being "simple" and greedy.

Now Cv "experts" have history repeating, inversely...

Fascinating how so many greedy simpletons are about, gullible enough to keep on pretending we aren't causing the particular climate change and destruction. No wonder we're so fu@#ed!.

Like toads in a pot of water on heat...

#18073 3 years ago

An Interesting Article on Hospital Funding during the Pandemic, and Reporting.
It should be an Open Article. It helps explain what our Florida Private, (Former Head of State Reporting) Rebecca Jones,
was discussing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/23/us/politics/coronavirus-data.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#18074 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Don't forget about the zombeavers

#18075 3 years ago

It is true though, the planet is just Fine!

#18077 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

That's gold man!

Where do you find this stuff? Haha

Can't wait for Zombeavers Pinball!

#18078 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Don’t worry. We got this. Release the swarm!

I believe it was mentioned earlier, the Murder hornet may have been drugged. We always peel the onion until satisfied with the truth. Was fight rigged?

#18079 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Yup climate change, we've never seen hail like this before. Only every other year for the last 40+ years I've been here.

Has the intensity/frequency increased? Fires?

#18080 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Hawaii would be a really conservative comparison (about 1/3 the population). Even that doesn't look favorable for us.

Not even close—more travelers, more international travelers, more travelers from China early on.

#18081 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Not even close—more travelers, more international travelers, more travelers from China early on.

Maybe. I’m exaggerating but I don’t think it’s comparable.

#18082 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Thread video of the year.

#18083 3 years ago

People: Are you ok?

Me: Yeah...

Screenshot_20200731-134522~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200731-134522~2 (resized).png
#18084 3 years ago

At Forbes, an Interesting Article on the Viruses Effect on Unemployment:

https://tinyurl.com/y5zgbcqo

#18086 3 years ago

Hmm...methinks Peru is not being 100% honest about all this:
B924EEE9-B708-4A5C-AA1C-98EA9E76C293 (resized).pngB924EEE9-B708-4A5C-AA1C-98EA9E76C293 (resized).png

Edit: to be fair the data is not very recent, but that’s how these analyses go. For better accuracy, you have look farther back.

#18087 3 years ago

This is serious. This thread now has as many posts as the Kulek Predator thread

#18088 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Totally get the need for interaction. I wish the government would do more to open up outdoor spaces for bars and restaurants to use. It’s so much safer than keeping restaurants and bars open for indoor dining. If you’re so inclined, there’s a Federal bill to help out small restaurants that helps them pay employees and convert their spaces to more outdoor dining.

Here in Seattle they have, it's been great to see the innovation. Parking lots turned into outdoor dining and drinking, some businesses have put in pretty nice big decks. The main drag in Ballard, my neighborhood, they let the businesses build out into the sidewalks and street parking, they set up little fences, or planter with chains between them, then set up lots of outdoor tables all spaced 8-10 feet apart. They coupled this with really limiting inside eating and drinking to I think 25% capacity. It's working great for Summer, it will be interesting to see how it works out when the rain and cold comes, but places are already installing outside roofed areas and I assume those propane heaters will be next.

#18089 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Has the intensity/frequency increased? Fires?

Storms here were way worse 20 years ago. Farms I've worked on and my families farms crops completely flattened. It comes and goes. As for the fires improper forest management and dead fall everywhere in the Rockies west of here are a big problem. Forests burn it's the natural cycle. We've been too good at putting them out for too long so you see the results. Trees are stored CO2. Just the facts.

#18090 3 years ago
IMG_3868 (resized).jpegIMG_3868 (resized).jpeg
#18091 3 years ago

Here we go, heard about this and started investigating. Interpretations obviously vary.

Hong Kong, "first documented case of re-infection".

Some of the first stories I read were focused on the re-infection time-frame, and the ways it was confirmed. Partially covered. It sounded from some first reports as though the dude was in hospital/ill or something.

Upon looking for and finding more relevant details it emerges that the 33 year old had some symptoms the first time around in March, recovered, and a Milder set of symptoms when recently re-infected with a mutated strain.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/24/first-covid-19-reinfection-documented-in-hong-kong-researchers-say/

Maybe just leave nature alone... plenty more important things closer to home we need to focus effort/resources toward "fixing".

I'm not even going to say it.

#18092 3 years ago

Must have missed this in the noise but, KFC has changed their slogan from “it’s Finger licking good” to “it’s good” due to the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-53901236

#18094 3 years ago

Data is important. Data that is fabricated, is a Big Problem.

Recently, Plasma was mentioned as a tremendous breakthrough, saving "35 out of 100" patients"

Unfortunately, that turns out not to be in the FDA report, release letter, or Mayo clinic analysis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/health/fda-blood-plasma.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#18095 3 years ago

Me after being at work for 1 minute on Monday's:

(and Tuesday...and Wednesday)

Screenshot_20200825-085024~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200825-085024~2 (resized).png
#18096 3 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/24/health/covid-19-reinfection-hong-kong-study/index.html

Researchers say this is the first person to get coronavirus twice.

Oh boy....this year just keeps getting better...

#18097 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

... Hong Kong, "first documented case of re-infection".
... looking for and finding more relevant details it emerges that the 33 year old had some symptoms the first time around in March, recovered, and a Milder set of symptoms when recently re-infected with a mutated strain.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/24/first-covid-19-reinfection-documented-in-hong-kong-researchers-say/...

Actually also described in some reports as basically asymptomatic...

#18098 3 years ago

DFW is actually getting so much better and safer now, too. Ugh. I'm afraid we will see complacency again and that the fall and winter wave is going to be really nasty. This sucks so much.

#18099 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

DFW is actually getting so much better and safer now, too. Ugh. I'm afraid we will see complacency again and that the fall and winter wave is going to be really nasty. This sucks so much.

Complacency is always what gets you, virus or otherwise. I’m seeing that up here more and more with masks being used as chin straps.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/362?hl=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.