272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 576.
#18000 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That MyPillow guy makes my skin absolutely crawl. Ugh.

He makes great pillows.....actually changed my life as crazy as that may sound. Not sure about his Covid-19 pills though.

#18001 3 years ago

Say what you want about Mike Lindell, but I bought the firmest version of their MyPillow, and I've never slept better. So at least he's got a decent product.

#18002 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Apparently Tires are the new covid?
Such an important use of time.

So the guy that's against "cancel culture" tells people not to buy Goodyear tires? Isn't that a cancel culture thing to do?

#18003 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I loved the way Anderson Cooper let the guy speak.

Anderson gave the pillow guy plenty of opportunity to make substantive statements, but shot him down whenever he tried to turn it into a free infomercial for a fraudulent Covid cure. Repeatedly asked him for information on the (nonexistent) studies and gave him time to respond with a real answer.

IMO that guy and his supplement are dangerous and Anderson did the responsible thing - he prevented his show from lending credibility to a dishonest supplement scheme.

#18004 3 years ago

Red pill or blue?

1B5FCCD7-FDF3-40F9-B83F-AF6294284D49 (resized).png1B5FCCD7-FDF3-40F9-B83F-AF6294284D49 (resized).png910388D4-DB64-4EA0-A7F2-ED027BCB3664 (resized).jpeg910388D4-DB64-4EA0-A7F2-ED027BCB3664 (resized).jpeg
#18005 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Red pill or blue?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Down the rabbit hole you go .

IMG_20200820_222043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200820_222043 (resized).jpg
#18006 3 years ago

For those of you who think CNN is worthless rag, this time I must agree with you; Unless Crazy Levi gives us his blessing by buying an airline ticket. This article looks like "paid for" trash, probably paid for by the airlines.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/odds-catching-covid-19-flight-wellness-scn/index.html

What say you, Levi? Are you going flying?

#18007 3 years ago

"Thank you for focusing our attention on the horrible New Zealand covid outbreak yesterday with a total of nine new cases. Can you contrast that for us with the United States superior performance to record a recent low of just 42,000 new cases yesterday?"

#18008 3 years ago

Another article on those unfortunate to have long term effects. Fun thing is they tend to be mostly healthy, relatively young (early to mid 40s) and women.

Kind of the opposite of the death statistics of tending to be pre-existing condition, relatively old, and men.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/08/long-haulers-covid-19-recognition-support-groups-symptoms/615382/

#18009 3 years ago

"My Pillow is filled with polyurethane foam. What makes it somewhat unique is that the foam is shredded into different sized pieces and shapes. Interestingly, this concept is not unlike a traditional buckwheat pillow that has been around for thousands of years."

I prefer Buckwheat, as it dissipates heat much better. Ive actually made my own pillow, to remove my need of a Cpap.

Memory foam lower, cut out groove for arm, then a layer of shredded polyurethane, like in my pillow, then a layer of Buckwheat.
My head and breathing angle now controlled with a pillow that holds its shape....

Anyone want to patent?

Covid....ICUs are still insane in Orlando. Cases down, but a reduction of up to 20% of testing, or results.
So cases are down half, and deaths staying around 200 a day.
Similar Madness in Texas, Georgia, and CA, I believe.

I think people are simply getting tired of the news. The sad part is the school system in Orange county is insane.
Family, and friends in teaching and Administration shared No hand sanitizer available for kids or teachers. Limited masks and PPE,
kids pulling down masks in class, every 5 minutes, and preventing effective teaching.
Mostly, I simply hear that the teachers are seriously scared
for the safety of themselves, and family, as well as all the children.

I would hope its better for others around the country.

#18010 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Another article on those unfortunate to have long term effects. Fun thing is they tend to be mostly healthy, relatively young (early to mid 40s) and women.
Kind of the opposite of the death statistics of tending to be pre-existing condition, relatively old, and men.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/08/long-haulers-covid-19-recognition-support-groups-symptoms/615382/

I was watching Nightly News last night and they mentioned Covid19 "Long Haulers". The support group has listed close to 90 symptoms that people reported since getting it including Covid19 related diabetes and lupus.

#18011 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200819-134637~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200819-134637~2 (resized).png
#18012 3 years ago

Hahahaha!!
Thanks for the laugh daditude!

#18013 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I would be interested in your and the doctors list of facts about this Virus currently.
Seriously. Some joke about coming here for facts...I come for the debates that equate to facts

#18014 3 years ago

This hobby/thread attracts alot of smart people I.m.o

#18016 3 years ago

Take a break: It helps to laugh.

#18018 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Meet the new covid cure-all.

This sort of behaviour has been going on for centuries.

AD252D3C-7995-42F0-9C2D-5C22CA521101 (resized).jpegAD252D3C-7995-42F0-9C2D-5C22CA521101 (resized).jpeg
#18019 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Thank you for focusing our attention on the horrible New Zealand covid outbreak yesterday with a total of nine new cases. Can you contrast that for us with the United States superior performance to record a recent low of just 42,000 new cases yesterday?"

I’d say locally New Zealanders are a little bemused by the attention they are getting.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/122521091/coronavirus-us-president-donald-trump-ignores-the-facts-data-around-new-zealands-covid19-response

#18020 3 years ago

I wish i could Fast Forward 2 years and see what New Zealand will be like compared to America.

#18021 3 years ago

I enjoyed that article. This chart midway through is a brutal summary.

DD7F370C-BCFF-48E1-9B99-53F6A664FF76 (resized).jpegDD7F370C-BCFF-48E1-9B99-53F6A664FF76 (resized).jpeg
#18022 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I wish i could Fast Forward 2 years and see what New Zealand will be like compared to America.

We will still crush them in rugby.

#18023 3 years ago

To be fair, these are largely meaningless comparisons. New Zealand has far fewer people than New York City alone. Plus, they are an island and easily closed travel early on. I’m not making excuses for the bozo federal response in the U.S., but come on.

#18024 3 years ago

St. Olaf College
Benefit of being a small private college is you can test everyone and whack em with a mallet if they get out of line.

https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/17-st-olaf-students-suspended-following-off-campus-party-where-at-least-one-student-had-covid-19/89-2389553b-231f-427e-a419-2bec16a2ff38

That being said, it will be interesting if they can keep a lid on things going forward. My money is on them going online only by Halloween. Compare this to Notre Dame which is a huge private university that lasted less than 2 weeks of in person learning before going online only.

#18025 3 years ago

Is it possible though that in 2 years America will have moved on from this and New Zealand will just be dealing with it.

#18026 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I think the economic impact will be similar. So much of our economy is dependent on the rest of the world anyway. We’ve only had stay at home orders for about 8 weeks this year so it’s not a case of one country stayed open and the other didn’t.

On the health side so far we’ve delayed community wide spread by at least 6 months. 6 months closer to a vaccine and new anti viral treatments. During that time we now know dexamethasone helps some and hydroxychloroquine doesn’t. We know more about how to protect those in aged care and high density living from getting infected. So even if the shit hits the proverbial here, I doubt our health stats will be similar in 2 years time.

#18027 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

To be fair, these are largely meaningless comparisons. New Zealand has far fewer people than New York City alone. Plus, they are an island and easily closed travel early on. I’m not making excuses for the bozo federal response in the U.S., but come on.

Hawaii would be a really conservative comparison (about 1/3 the population). Even that doesn't look favorable for us.

#18028 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

s it possible though that in 2 years America will have moved on from this and New Zealand will just be dealing with it.

I’ve worked in Medical research for 30 years and I think that scenario is unlikely. Ironically American research will go a long way to getting us all out of this. But if it doesn’t then both will still be facing the same problems in 2 years.

#18029 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

To be fair, these are largely meaningless comparisons. New Zealand has far fewer people than New York City alone. Plus, they are an island and easily closed travel early on.

This is true. I think my point was, why was someone trying to make a comparison in the first place.
Saying New Zealand’s outbreak (of about 10 new cases a day) is somehow bad and Americans wouldn’t want that, is truely perplexing.

#18030 3 years ago

To be fair America is a cluster fuck that is apparent to the rest of the world. No amount of denying the truth will make covid go away. It takes serious action from the entire population to avoid the virus, you can’t blame the federal government for ever.

#18031 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

The graph is normalized for population...

Yes, island state with far easier border control and unified centralized government vs USA, but I can make these charts all day with USA vs any country of your choice and by and large the USA will come out the loser.

#18032 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For those of you who think CNN is worthless rag, this time I must agree with you; Unless Crazy Levi gives us his blessing by buying an airline ticket. This article looks like "paid for" trash, probably paid for by the airlines.
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/odds-catching-covid-19-flight-wellness-scn/index.html
What say you, Levi? Are you going flying?

Lol no time soon that’s for sure.

And there’s Really nowhere I want to go at the moment. New York State seems to be the best place for me right now. I just went on a weeklong vacation in Woodstock, bethel, and Saugerties and it was very relaxing. In addition to the cute towns, waterfalls, gorgeous swimming hole, and generally beautiful scenery and charming surroundings, we never had to deal with mask rebel morons or any of the other bullshit I’m sure to experience if I leave the state. People just managed to wear a mask when they were indoors around people. IMAGINE!! Also, we saw a bear!

I admit I would love to go to Europe, but that’s not exactly an option anymore since Americans are banned from everywhere. Awesome!

#18033 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200821-085213~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200821-085213~2 (resized).png
#18034 3 years ago

I fondly / fuzzily remember driving over the border to get booze once a month or so because of the difference in drinking age. No hassle at Canadian border (they either just waved us through or stopped us to briefly ask how our day was going) and only had to show our MI drivers licenses on the way back into the states.

It was a simpler time.

#18035 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I fondly / fuzzily remember driving over the border to get booze once a month or so because of the difference in drinking age. No hassle at Canadian border (they either just waved us through or stopped us to briefly ask how our day was going) and only had to show our MI drivers licenses on the way back into the states.
It was a simpler time.

I went to college in the late 80s and early 90s in Seattle, by then there was a border line and hassle to cross into B.C. But never more than an hour and still totally worth it to be 19 and able to go out to bars and clubs for the weekend. Loved and still love Vancouver B.C., everyone is so damn nice there!

#18036 3 years ago

New Zealand now has 5.6 sheep for every person - a far cry from the peak of 22 per person in 1982.

Don’t get wrong, I’m not trying to make light of a very serious matter... but if sheep were vulnerable to the virus, their curve might not be nowhere as flat as what it is.

How easy would it be to train sheep to social distance or wear masks...

F27473C8-C65E-4CA3-A343-32970B511CDF (resized).jpegF27473C8-C65E-4CA3-A343-32970B511CDF (resized).jpeg
#18037 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

It was a simpler time.

Oh yeah. Windsor baby!

#18038 3 years ago

Sounds like University of Minnesota kicked "move in date" for students on campus out two weeks. Not sure what that will do one way or the other but maybe it's to stagger things out from other preparations?

I do work on their campus and it can be super chaotic during move in time so that's two more weeks of finding a good parking spot haha.

#18039 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

New Zealand now has 5.6 sheep for every person - a far cry from the peak of 22 per person in 1982.
Don’t get wrong, I’m not trying to make light of a very serious matter... but if sheep were vulnerable to the virus, their curve might not be nowhere as flat as what it is.
How easy would it be to train sheep to social distance or wear masks...[quoted image]

At first glance it looked like those boxes were made out of wedge head pinball machines.

#18040 3 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2020/08/21/texas-unemployment-300-payment/amp/

Several states are on the brink of getting extended unemployment benefits. Texans can get up to 300 bucks additionally starting next week.

#18041 3 years ago

I wish the "Deep State" would stop delaying the vaccine! Maybe we could strike up a deal with Russia to get a few million doses of their vaccine? I hear the vaccine is served in a cup of hot tea. Check your local airport for more details. Side effects may include uncontrollable sweating, abdominal pain and eventual coma.

#18042 3 years ago

Public service announcement from Smudge the Cat.

lol (resized).jpglol (resized).jpg

#18044 3 years ago

Good article here, I totally recognize myself in it. In March, I was sanitizing anything that came into the house. By August, I’m going into restaurants, and going into stores to buy things I definitely don’t need. The mask and distancing are just muscle memory now. I still eat outside if it’s an option, but I don’t worry about sitting down in a booth in my favorite Cuban place if it’s not too crowded.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/covid-risks-stop-seeming-so-scary/2020/08/21/09c286c4-cc49-11ea-bc6a-6841b28d9093_story.html

#18045 3 years ago
AE5FC89D-E51F-425C-80E5-9F48EA048F73 (resized).jpegAE5FC89D-E51F-425C-80E5-9F48EA048F73 (resized).jpeg
#18046 3 years ago

First death of someone I knew happened today. 47 years old. Was on ventilator at time of death.

He was fairly well known in this area, owned a construction company.

I just hope the people around my area that have not been taking this serious will start taking this serious now.

#18048 3 years ago

I’ve had my guard up, but have been letting it down recently. I wear a mask everywhere and have sanitizer my truck. Lots of takeout and socially distanced gatherings. I did go to a bar with my friends last week and of course we all were hanging out without our masks on. The next morning I thought to myself, what was the point of that? I just spent every day for the past few months being extra cautious. I suppose the point is that it is easy to let your guard down. I’m back to being overly cautious again, but it was a breath of fresh air to see my friends. There really is something to the mental well-being argument to all of this.

#18049 3 years ago

sNAKEoIL (resized).pngsNAKEoIL (resized).png

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 361 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/361 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.