272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 576.
#17950 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I find this very interesting. I will not go the Vaccine route.

It is disapointing to see the money machine blatantly letting people die even here in Oz.

#17951 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kids are really stupid today compared to previous generations. So much bad parenting in today's world.

My son hasn’t done half the stupid things I did when I was his age. He’s being way more cautious than me - I had to twist his arm to get him to go into a restaurant for lunch yesterday at 3PM (it was mostly empty).

#17952 3 years ago
#17953 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

100%. What have here is bunch of second hand data sheet nonsense. Are you collecting the data? Nope I’m getting off it a damn website. No wait see the Timmy graph it’s gotta be true! Pfft...

Wow. Just wow.

Do you or have you ever taken any medicine for any condition? How did you know that medicine was safe or effective? Did you do the case studies yourself or did you listen to the experts?

How do you have confidence that your pinball machine won’t explode or electrocute you? Did you do the material property and electrical shielding experiments or did you trust the regulations and company best practices to not send you flying across the room?

By your logic, nothing in life is real or to be trusted unless you do it yourself.

#17954 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My son hasn’t done half the stupid things I did when I was his age.

That you know about Kids are pretty good about hiding things from their parents.

#17955 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Kids are really stupid today compared to previous generations. So much bad parenting in today's world.

I graduated from high school in 1984 with 585 other super geniuses, all of us waay above average. If only we were in charge of the country now!

<looks at notes> Shit, average age of congress is mid-fifties. We are running the country now. My bad.

#17956 3 years ago

Keeping an eye on New Zealand with "Quarantine Facilities" for new cases and close family members being removed from their residences and locked up. Is this for real with 60 cases?

#17957 3 years ago

My understanding is that the facilities are only for those returning from abroad. Where are you seeing that they are reporting people being removed from their homes?

Quoted from rwmech5:

Keeping an eye on New Zealand with "Quarantine Facilities" for new cases and close family members being removed from their residences and locked up. Is this for real with 60 cases?

#17958 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I graduated from high school in 1984 with 585 other super geniuses, all of us waay above average. If only we were in charge of the country now!
<looks at notes> Shit, average age of congress is mid-fifties. We are running the country now. My bad.

Solution- term limits.

#17959 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Yes basically. If you test positive and don't have a good setup at home (must be approved by health officials) to isolate you will need to go to a quarantine facility aka a hotel where care, meals, etc are provided. The concern is that if one person tests positive in a crowded household it will spread to others and prolong the outbreak. Originally they were going to quarantine everyone but they shifted it to only people that don't have a good setup at home. This has proven a bit controversial but I can see why they did it given the current outbreak has hit some low income/high density households.

No cost for any of this to the people involved.

#17960 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yes basically. If you test positive and don't have a good setup at home (must be approved by health officials) to isolate you will need to go to a quarantine facility aka a hotel where care, meals, etc are provided. The concern is that if one person tests positive in a crowded household it will spread to others and prolong the outbreak. Originally they were going to quarantine everyone but they shifted it to only people that don't have a good setup at home. This has proven a bit controversial but I can see why they did it given the current outbreak has hit some low income/high density households.
No cost for any of this to the people involved.

Ty for clearing that up

#17962 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Solution- term limits.

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

#17963 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

its called a retirement Home, Your partner could spread Covid from you to the residents, its the outside world coming into the aged care spreading Covid.
Also most aged care DO NOT get funding, the private ones don't they are self funded by charging the residents
so stop complaining and do as the government laws say

Wayne you need to get laid mate.

#17964 3 years ago

Per FDA, nationally we are still facing shortages of basic medical supplies, (gowns, gloves, masks, etc...). Tracks well with what my wife is personally experiencing in her hospital network.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/medical-device-shortages-during-covid-19-public-health-emergency

#17965 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200816-200841~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200816-200841~2 (resized).png
#17966 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My son hasn’t done half the stupid things I did when I was his age

I totally believe that.

#17967 3 years ago

Forgot to add "mask"
I guess it didn't rhyme...

#17968 3 years ago
6DE826E0-5EE1-46CF-A0DA-BB478C49BC52 (resized).jpeg6DE826E0-5EE1-46CF-A0DA-BB478C49BC52 (resized).jpeg
#17969 3 years ago

Hey guys we can shut this thread down now all the covid experts Are over in the “pinball bar death” threads.

Spoiler alert: turns out covid is a hoax.

#17970 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Forgot to add "mask"
I guess it didn't rhyme...

I always knew it as "Spectacles, testicles, wallet and phone". Althgough now a days I can't remember the last time I took any money or cards out of my phone, everything is contactless from my phone or watch. Wallet is carried round out of habit now.

#17971 3 years ago

I hate to at admit it but I add my phone to that list , otherwise I can't look at pinside

#17972 3 years ago

When will covid be over?

To Long Didn’t Watch? The short answer, it’s never going to be over. Don’t agree watch the video and make your own decision

#17973 3 years ago

Lol!!!

Austin Powers a hilarious. I'm a big "Bond" fan, so I love the parody/satire. Too bad the pin wasn't better...

#17974 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200817-103142~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200817-103142~2 (resized).png
#17975 3 years ago

Meet the new covid cure-all.

https://www.axios.com/trump-covid-oleandrin-9896f570-6cd8-4919-af3a-65ebad113d41.html

Being hyped up by MY Pillow guy. Total coincidence, but he has a financial stake in the supplement company.

#17976 3 years ago

A teacher in Kansas is trying to track Covid in schools. I’m betting Texas for starters is gonna be a headache to keep track of (state has said they won’t separate keep track of school cases).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/17/coronavirus-schools-reopening-teacher-spreadsheet/

#17977 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

https://www.axios.com/trump-covid-oleandrin-9896f570-6cd8-4919-af3a-65ebad113d41.html
Being hyped up by MY Pillow guy. Total coincidence, but he has a financial stake in the supplement company.

Why is seeking out and promoting quack cures for rona so attractive to some people? Seems like time and resources would be better spent actually trying to combat this pandemic.

#17978 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

6324048 (resized).jpg6324048 (resized).jpg

#17980 3 years ago

Florida will be there in a week or two, I can't tell if their infection rate is slowing down or they are just covering it up since we know this has been a problem there. Texas and California are still going like gangbusters.

#17981 3 years ago

UNC Chapel Hill’s in person semester lasted 8 days...

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article245014185.html

Great headline on The Daily Tar Heel

68289163-3FD6-46AB-BA3E-E6F31EDBD01D (resized).jpeg68289163-3FD6-46AB-BA3E-E6F31EDBD01D (resized).jpeg
#17982 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why is seeking out and promoting quack cures for rona so attractive to some people? Seems like time and resources would be better spent actually trying to combat this pandemic.

I know right, it's almost as bad as the vaccine for CV falacy that too many keep having fantasies about

#itsallaboutthemoney

#17983 3 years ago

We're all in this together.

#17984 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Wow. Just wow.
Do you or have you ever taken any medicine for any condition? How did you know that medicine was safe or effective? Did you do the case studies yourself or did you listen to the experts?
How do you have confidence that your pinball machine won’t explode or electrocute you? Did you do the material property and electrical shielding experiments or did you trust the regulations and company best practices to not send you flying across the room?
By your logic, nothing in life is real or to be trusted unless you do it yourself.

I’m just saying data can easily be manipulated. If we knew half of what we thought we did life would be easy. I’m not saying the virus is not real or vaccines don’t work. I know more than likely I will get infected cause of my work. You cannot social distance in loud ass factory. I’m the only one who refuses to eat in the break room. The rest are in there with no masks and little 2 feet shields around them doing them doing little if any good.
We also in my opinion people can’t live in cave. I go to my local barcade every other weekend now on Saturday. I go at 1 in the afternoon very few people in the place. Masks are required. The risk is worth it to me.
I like living life in the gray area. I’m never on side or the other all the time. You get a lot of good information that way. This thread has a lot of good information. You just have to pick out the stuff that works for you.
Hey oaken that last statement is pretty damn close. Your read is fairly good.

#17985 3 years ago
1de93f4d9d43_4360 (resized).jpg1de93f4d9d43_4360 (resized).jpg
#17986 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People want there to be a miracle cure so bad because they feel it will instantly validate all their "it's just the flu, bro, nbd" bullshit.

Sunk cost fallacy.

#17987 3 years ago
daily_gifdump-1.gifdaily_gifdump-1.gif
#17988 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

We're all in this together.

We had a couple of billboards in town saying "we are all in this together". They did not stay up very long.

Somehow, I don't think the "we are all in this together" got past the truth in advertising laws.

#17990 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

CNN has a video with Anderson Cooper and the MyPillow guy. I think the guy is full of more shit than a Thanksgiving turkey. You may have a different opinion.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/08/18/mike-lindell-anderson-cooper-coronavirus-therapeutic-mypillow-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/top-news-videos/

#17991 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just got the covid text from work a few minutes ago. One of the employees has tested positive for covid. This person was exposed to someone that had it and hasn't been back to work since. Their test just came back positive today.

Quoted from arcademojo:

In other news also got an email (today) from our school district about kids having Covid parties. One party from band members which now some has tested positive and another indoor party by the football players with several now testing positive. We now have all these positives and school hasn't even opened up.

BINGO!!!!!
Just found out today the kid at my work that tested positive was a kid at one of the parties.

#17992 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

BINGO!!!!!
Just found out today the kid at my work that tested positive was a kid at one of the parties.

#17993 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

CNN has a video with Anderson Cooper and the MyPillow guy. I think the guy is full of more shit than a Thanksgiving turkey. You may have a different opinion.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2020/08/18/mike-lindell-anderson-cooper-coronavirus-therapeutic-mypillow-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/top-news-videos/

I loved the way Anderson Cooper let the guy speak.

#17994 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I agree Anderson is full of it.

#17995 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That MyPillow guy makes my skin absolutely crawl. Ugh.

#17996 3 years ago

About what I'd expect from someone selling a pillow at 10 to 20 times what a normal pillow costs.

Excuse the image, hard time deleting on mobile...

71Avu7hyvXL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71Avu7hyvXL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#17997 3 years ago

This falls under, do you think so?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/us/sturgis-south-dakota-rally-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

" A person with Covid-19 may have exposed others at a bar during Sturgis motorcycle rally"

#17998 3 years ago

Apparently Tires are the new covid?
Such an important use of time.

#17999 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200819-134930~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200819-134930~2 (resized).png
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/360?hl=furyosjustin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.