272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 576.
#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I have a 6 year-old daughter, not 7 until July. She has pretty bad asthma. Anything happening to her, or me feeling bad for the person at the hospital that tells me I’m not allowed to be in a room with her if it came to that. There is no fucking way I would leave her alone to deal with anything from this. That is my biggest fear.

The docs and nurses I'm hearing from out of Italy via podcasts, say THIS is really crushing their souls. Having to watch people die alone without their families.

Thankfully I'm not reading a lot about young kids in the hospital.

I am reading about people in their 20s though!!!

#1703 4 years ago

That is a consequence of the medical infrastructure being completely overwhelmed, and it is the scenario that is trying to be prevented here with all these lockdown orders.

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That is a consequence of the medical infrastructure being completely overwhelmed, and it is the scenario that is trying to be prevented here with all these lockdown orders.

This is exactly why I think these soft lock downs are a poor choice, you can’t rely on the public doing the right thing, for a myriad of reasons. It’s a trade off for sure.

#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

True, but we could get this thing under wraps if we were all truly vigilant.
Do you know what scares the hell out of me? Nothing that would happen to me from this, even death.
I have a 6 year-old daughter, not 7 until July. She has pretty bad asthma. Anything happening to her, or me feeling bad for the person at the hospital that tells me I’m not allowed to be in a room with her if it came to that. There is no fucking way I would leave her alone to deal with anything from this. That is my biggest fear.

I here that. i have a daughter with asthma too. Not as bad as it used to be, but still there.

The heroes right now, everybody that is still working, have the possibility of being exposed to it on a daily basis and taking it home with them. Everybody that goes out to even get groceries is possibly getting exposed too. Even the damn mail is a possible source. There is no real safe haven except total isolation.

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Thanks Bob, that was one of the Reports I read.

In your initial post you said Spain.
FYI although they are both in the European Union, Spain and Italy are in FACT entirely different countries.

Still a shit situation.

#1707 4 years ago

Looking ahead a bit, here’s my worry. We’ve heard very little about the long-term endgame for this war. We get a shot for seasonal flu, but the virus evolves so it’s not 100% effective. But the death rate is relatively low, so we accept that. If this CORONAvirus evolves and we get hit with an epidemic of this mutation just as they’ve worked out the vaccine for the first one, are we going to be playing cat and mouse with this for the next 5, 10, 20 years? Is it a permanent part of our lives now?

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

This is exactly why I think these soft lock downs are a poor choice, you can’t rely on the public doing the right thing, for a myriad of reasons. It’s a trade off for sure.

I would think it's a small minority that are breaking the lock down orders...hopefully. I saw a bunch of teenagers playing basketball the other day, I almost stopped and yelled WTF!

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

The USA has and will always be melting pot. We fight and bicker. It might look like we are our own worst enemy. When it comes down to it we come together like always. You will see.

This is true BUT...we are more divided than ever politically so something has got to give eventually. The shit will hit the fan eventually and people will have to choose their side.

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Looking ahead a bit, here’s my worry. We’ve heard very little about the long-term endgame for this war. We get a shot for seasonal flu, but the virus evolves so it’s not 100% effective. But the death rate is relatively low, so we accept that. If this CORONAvirus evolves and we get hit with another epidemic just as they’ve worked out the vaccine for the first one, are we going to be playing cat and mouse with this for the next 5, 10, 20 years? Is it a permanent part of our lives now?

God I hope not. Flu is bad enough as is. Although we have gotten better at hand washing...

Will Coronavirus Happen Every Year Like The Flu?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/flu-comes-back-every-year-will-coronavirus/

#1711 4 years ago

Previous generations we're asked to sacrifice their lives to win a war. The least we can do is sit on the couch to win this one.

And we can't even get people to do that. ugh....

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

In your initial post you said Spain.
FYI although they are both in the European Union, Spain and Italy are in FACT entirely different countries.
Still a shit situation.

Some confusion, sorry, information overload.
It was a Spanish Doctor featured in a video from Peak Prosperity.
Cannot Link at this time. The Guy cried.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Singapore is doing Excellent, same as South Korea. From the past experiences with other Viruses, everyone was well stocked with masks, and they locked down really early.
This is the lesson to be learned. A 2-3 month supply of Masks per person, and more people can go out.
You cant go out without one, in most all urban areas. $30-$50 per person, for a 3 month supply.
On top of that they have the highest health care, at the lowest cost...roughly 1/3 ours.
Its a great model to use or adapt to fix our issues here in healthcare.

But but but....I thought masks dont help?

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Previous generations we're asked to sacrifice their lives to win a war. The least we can do is sit on the couch to win this one.

Our collective mental health will win this one, we must stay sharp! Not sink into a party mode of too much alcohol
and stimulants.

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Our collective mental health will win this one, we must stay sharp! Not sink into a party mode of too much alcohol
and stimulants.

Look into "kratom"
You can thank me later.

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Singapore is doing Excellent, same as South Korea. From the past experiences with other Viruses, everyone was well stocked with masks, and they locked down really early.
This is the lesson to be learned. A 2-3 month supply of Masks per person, and more people can go out.
You cant go out without one, in most all urban areas. $30-$50 per person, for a 3 month supply.
On top of that they have the highest health care, at the lowest cost...roughly 1/3 ours.
Its a great model to use or adapt to fix our issues here in healthcare.

I wouldn’t call a strict quarantine process healthcare. But it works.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Works when everyone wears them!
After going through this several times, they learned.
We didnt, or chose not to listen.

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is true BUT...we are more divided than ever politically so something has got to give eventually. The shit will hit the fan eventually and people will have to choose their side.

I choose NFL. When is it starting...?

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I wouldn’t call a strict quarantine process healthcare. But it works.

Their General Healthcare plan per person costs $3500, US Costs around $10,200.
A lot can be learned.
Quarantine, when first discovered, is the best defense by the numbers you can easily see.

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from swampfire:

Looking ahead a bit, here’s my worry. We’ve heard very little about the long-term endgame for this war. We get a shot for seasonal flu, but the virus evolves so it’s not 100% effective. But the death rate is relatively low, so we accept that. If this CORONAvirus evolves and we get hit with an epidemic of this mutation just as they’ve worked out the vaccine for the first one, are we going to be playing cat and mouse with this for the next 5, 10, 20 years? Is it a permanent part of our lives now?

Looks like a Brave New World will emerge, where everyone is under 50, with superior immune systems and all inoculations.
I could be wrong though.

#1721 4 years ago

I'll say it's a lot easier for me to stay home now, than it would have been say 20 years ago.

My 21 year old daughter had a hard time fathoming the world coming to a halt, but thankfully she can still do school online. I'm not sure how thankful I am her job working on medical equipment will keep her employed, but she has built herself to be very healthy by eating right and regular exercise, so I believe she will be OK.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The shit will hit the fan eventually and people will have to choose their side.

Not sure I follow. Are you predicting a second civil war or something? The first one didn’t go so well, I’d hope we’d have more sense than to try that again.

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Their General Healthcare plan per person costs $3500, US Costs around $10,200.
A lot can be learned.
Quarantine, when first discovered, is the best defense by the numbers you can easily see.

Wait till they have the same level of seniors we do. It changes things.

The big take away from your thoughts is quarantine works when applied properly. Something the ACLU would have a fit over.

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Works when everyone wears them!
After going through this several times, they learned.
We didnt, or chose not to listen.

Actually, in a crowd of 2 one person wearing a mask protects both. Think about it in other scenarios with more Folks.

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll say it's a lot easier for me to stay home now, than it would have been say 20 years ago.
My 21 year old daughter had a hard time fathoming the world coming to a halt, but thankfully she can still do school online. I'm not sure how thankful I am her job working on medical equipment will keep her employed, but she has built herself to be very healthy by eating right and regular exercise, so I believe she will be OK.

If I was in my 20s I probably wouldn't be taking this seriously. I remember hearing about the bird flu, Ebola, SARS and the swine flu... and not even giving them a second thought. These were diseases that the "weak" succumbed to.

It's scary what a few decades does to you...

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Actually, in a crowd of 2 one person wearing a mask protects both. Think about it in other scenarios with more Folks.

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I choose NFL. When is it starting...?

I dont know but Iam hoping between the warm weather coming and people staying home that this virus goes away and we can start the season on time. It looks like we are going to lose most of the MLB season as well. What are your thoughts?

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Aaandddd...we’re somehow back to the circuitous, cyclical banter about right vs. left.

#1729 4 years ago

I'm not.

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not sure I follow. Are you predicting a second civil war or something? The first one didn’t go so well, I’d hope we’d have more sense than to try that again.

I truly believe that we could be headed for that.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

If I was in my 20s I probably wouldn't be taking this seriously. I remember hearing about the bird flu, Ebola, SARS and the swine flu... and not even giving them a second thought. These were diseases that the "weak" succumbed to.

Honestly, if this hadn't been contained to almost just China for months where the rest of the world had a front row seat to see the damage, and had spread over the rest of the world faster, it may have passed us by like any of those others you mentioned without the major shutdown or panic.

One thing is for sure, this one is at least as deadly if not more.

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

[quoted image]

That's beyond my pay grade. Thanks

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Man, I get why they combined all the threads, but before they did I was following a couple and I could stay on top of things. Now since they've all been put into one, there are so many posts it's nearly impossible to keep up, and the really important/useful posts get lost. Ah well, whadya do?

Swipe until you see + or - 5votes!

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Aaandddd...we’re somehow back to the circuitous, cyclical banter about right vs. left.

No not at all. I dont talk right and left on here really. I honestly try and stay away from that stuff because I know that it's a no win situation and not allowed anyways.

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Wait till they have the same level of seniors we do. It changes things.
The big take away from your thoughts is quarantine works when applied properly. Something the ACLU would have a fit over.

Im sorry, it doesnt matter the percentage of Seniors in their Healthcare Model.
Up to you to read if you wish.

I agree, that a Quarantine right off the bat is a hard thing to swallow, but, after this passes, and there is a body count, many will say, "We went through all this, for that? The Stock market, etc."
And, well, we know the other side of No lives lost or much better.

It is the easiest middle to respect each others view. The market Loss, can take years...who knows.
The repaying of a Couple Trillion more on the deficit, 10 Million maybe Unemployed. Thats a hit.

Id vote for Spending $36 a year per person for Masks, and spend time inside, when needed, but also know that I could work, shop, dine, etc.

Try this Article from Financial times, from Today.

https://www.ft.com/content/ca4e0db0-6aaa-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

Singapore IS the safest Country to live in, with regard to Today.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think it will become endemic like the flu.

Once they have a vaccine, it will at least provide some immune protection if if it mutates. They don't always get the strain right every year with influenza as it entails some guess work. This year wasn't that accurate but getting the flu shot will reduce severity and symptoms in most patients even if the vaccine wasn't a great match.

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

And we can't even get people to do that. ugh....

I've seen more people wandering around in my neighborhood in the last five days than I have in the four years since I bought this house. There was a fire earlier today in the business district and all of a sudden there are like 60 dipshits just standing around filming it on their phones and posting it to social media. We're doomed.

#1738 4 years ago

How long can we continue to be in lockdown like this until we have a total economic collapse and go into a depression? Serious question. I gotta believe we are only weeks away.

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Honestly, if this hadn't been contained to almost just China for months where the rest of the world had a front row seat to see the damage, and had spread over the rest of the world faster, it may have passed us by like any of those others you mentioned without the major shutdown or panic.

With how easy it’s passed along, do you honestly think that it remained isolated in China for months? You are delusional. With zero restrictions in place at the time, you think it took a full 2 months to make it’s way to the US? I call B.S.
It was obviously here a long time ago.

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truly believe that we could be headed for that.

What would be the point of fighting?

I don't think anyone is going to fight too hard to stop the South from seceding this time around.

It was, and would be again... pointless bloodshed.

Just build your 25 foot wall around your borders (on both sides) and let us come visit Texas and maybe New Orleans on Mardi Gras.

I'd understand if you didn't want Florida either.

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How long can we continue to be in lockdown like this until we have a total economic collapse and go into a depression? Serious question. I gotta believe we are only weeks away.

The Administration has requested people expect between 2-3 Months, Unless we have medical advances.

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This year wasn't that accurate but getting the flu shot will reduce severity and symptoms in most patients even if the vaccine wasn't a great match.

What are you rattling on about? This is why people do not get the flu shot, Textbook.

#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Look into "kratom"
You can thank me later.

Hey - can we get a Pinside guide to Kratom? I bought a small amount ages ago and haven’t used it.

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

With how easy it’s passed along, do you honestly think that it remained isolated in China for months? You are delusional.

No, I don't.

What I was saying if the outbreak itself had hit everywhere at about the same time. I don't remember how the swine flu or those others moved along, but there was way less reaction or panic.

#1745 4 years ago

Heres Sars:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I don't.
What I was saying if the outbreak itself had hit everywhere at about the same time. I don't remember how the swine flu or those others moved along, but there was way less reaction or panic.

Agreed. But, no disease is the same. If they were, we would have already cured them all!

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres Sars:[quoted image]

OH! That is very bad.

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

With how easy it’s passed along, do you honestly think that it remained isolated in China for months? You are delusional. With zero restrictions in place at the time, you think it took a full 2 months to make it’s way to the US? I call B.S.
It was here a long time ago.

“It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

#1749 4 years ago

This is obviously some serious shit or they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Seems at least a few countries got a handle on it for now, but what happens when the world opens back up?

#1750 4 years ago

When we saw the infection growth rate early on with this, was the key to the control of this.
The rate and method of spread was through the roof!

We had these answers, but they were lost in the "consolidation", some people say.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/35?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.