272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 576.
#17850 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

They are all hecho en Mexico based on the list I looked at. My stinky Equate hand sanitizer is made in the USA.

Yepper.

#17851 3 years ago

Don't know that it's Covid related, but that pic made my day!

#17854 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ACC will be next, unless Dabo Sweeney has all the say now.

Fyi the Air Canada Center is now the Scotia Bank Arena.

#17855 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Here’s the first day of school photo that this group of students in Georgia decided to take.
What could go wrong???[quoted image]

Another Georgia school district, another outbreak after 1 week of school. 800+ students and staff now in quarantine. This is in the same district that PantherCityPins referenced above.

Governor says “everything is fine”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-cases-lead-over-800-quarantine-georgia-school-district-where-n1236364

#17856 3 years ago
9A63A7B0-D00B-46B6-AB22-F00D623E019B (resized).jpeg9A63A7B0-D00B-46B6-AB22-F00D623E019B (resized).jpeg
#17858 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

New Zealand isn’t out of the water yet. 4 new cases that are not linked to international travel.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/11/new-zealand-records-first-new-covid-19-cases-in-102-days

They have a leader that the rest of the world is (or should be) envious of.
I don't doubt she'll control this outbreak with necessary measures.

#17859 3 years ago
Quoted from peely:

They have a leader that the rest of the world is (or should be) envious of.
I don't doubt she'll control this outbreak with necessary measures.

Ya, Jacinda is a rock star, I wish our Prime Minister was as competent.

#17860 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Thousands in the streets in every major city of the World. Seems like everybody is protesting something. Evidently the message of fear didn't get through. Supposed to be a Pandemic and people are doing exactly the opposite of what was recommended, gathering in large groups in close quarters.
What is this, the lemming effect? A subconscious desire to commit suicide? Or people have studied the danger and don't take it seriously? Perhaps they just don't care anymore.

Why is it always the once calling into question about how serious this is are the same ones complaining about protests? First, they have studied the protestors and they wear masks. Second, if it’s not real or as scary as you say maybe stop worrying about other people who are wearing masks and worry about you not spreading it.

#17861 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Oh, they are not. You talk about being in the middle of nowhere, out in the country, where "everyone" is also moving as fast as they can, too. You haven't bothered to respond to the countless people that posed questions directly to you about your 1.3M vs 17,000 snafu above. If everyone is fleeing the cities, how are there just countless millions in them to do this protesting? Cake and eat it, much? Nothing you say is true. It's a pattern. We all know it. Look at your posts here. The downvote to upvote ratio is staggering.

That’s the standard, ignore facts and get yours from memes and headlines and move on or look away when faced with facts.

#17864 3 years ago

The Russian vaccine has all the hallmarks of a disaster waiting to happen.

They tested 76 people and now are going into full production. That is a crazy low number that is just asking for hidden side effects or lack of effectivity to be revealed at scale.

Full production is 1.5 million doses a year...so Russia will be vaccinated by 2080.

The technique used in producing the vaccine is same as was used for a halted HIV vaccine. That one was halted because the evidence suggested that the medicine INCREASED transmission of HIV.

And so on.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/russia-s-approval-covid-19-vaccine-less-meets-press-release

#17865 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Thousands in the streets in every major city of the World.

With the "every major city of the World" do you mean some cities in the U.S. and one in Europe?

#17866 3 years ago

That is an interesting take on a double-negative.

#17867 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

With the "every major city of the World" do you mean some cities in the U.S. and one in Europe?

Are you saying the mainstream media is fake?

#17869 3 years ago

Tired of shaming the non-mask wearers? New shaming breakthrough on the neck gaiter wearers, studies show they are probably worse than wearing nothing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neck-gaiters-may-do-more-harm-than-not-wearing-a-mask-at-all-study-shows/

#17870 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Starting Aug 12, masks will be mandatory in Walmart across Canada. Curious to see how they implement this. Are they going to have a security guard at each store? I can't imagine the usual senior door greeter trying to stop the ignorant assholes that you know will be kicking and screaming that they don't have to mask up.

WHAT Canada let Wallmart in the country?? I thought they were smarter than that.

#17871 3 years ago

Back to Scool

back to school (resized).jpgback to school (resized).jpg
#17875 3 years ago

Pathetic.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/us/sesame-place-worker-punched-face-mask-trnd/index.html

" Children's theme park employee punched in the face for enforcing park's mask policy."

No wonder companies don't want to make a hardline mask policy. For that to work, off-duty police officers would need to be hired.

Being the mask enforcer has to be a thankless minimum wage job. I am not interested in being a "hero".

#17876 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

This Thread has been fun, from the early days when it had another Author, the Dark Days of the virus, till now.
It appears to be winding down, as it should, for after all Pinside celebrates fun, something like this can be( and has been) a burden for the Mods. I wish all of you the best. Please forgive me if I offended you.
Tomorrow is a new day. Live it accordingly.

The tread has become just the same group of a dozen people repeating the same things over and over and over. I still pop in every now and then when it hits 100 new posts. But can only read the same thing so many times so just skip to the end.

#17877 3 years ago

Me during covid shutdowns:

Screenshot_20200811-100902~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200811-100902~2 (resized).png
#17878 3 years ago
IMG_3871 (resized).jpegIMG_3871 (resized).jpeg
#17879 3 years ago
unnamed (11) (resized).jpgunnamed (11) (resized).jpg
#17881 3 years ago

I love this guy i wish he was still around

#17882 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Tired of shaming the non-mask wearers? New shaming breakthrough on the neck gaiter wearers, studies show they are probably worse than wearing nothing.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neck-gaiters-may-do-more-harm-than-not-wearing-a-mask-at-all-study-shows/

It's even worse than that. A direct quote - speaking about the droplets generated by wearing a specific gaiter

"They're really tiny, they're really invisible, they're buoyant, they don't fall to the ground, gravity doesn't act on them,"

If gravity doesn't act on them we are really screwed if the fundamental laws of physics no longer apply. It would also mean that every droplet EVER created would still be floating around forever.

#17884 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The tread has become just the same group of a dozen people repeating the same things over and over and over. I still pop in every now and then when it hits 100 new posts. But can only read the same thing so many times so just skip to the end.

Well on the bright side, at least pinside has managed to keep us quarantined here and not out infecting all the other threads.

#17885 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I love this guy i wish he was still around

"we are going away"

#17886 3 years ago

RIP Trini Lopez .
He passed away from coronavirus after doing a charity event .
If I Had a Hammer .

#17887 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well on the bright side, at least pinside has managed to keep us quarantined here and not out infecting all the other threads.

I know, only took like 8 threads to be locked to do it.

#17888 3 years ago

#17889 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You are right. Even the news sites are tired of talking about COVID.

We are going to break 170,000 deaths today. It is not getting much airplay.

With no news, people will get sloppy. Or perhaps I should say sloppier.

#17891 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

The band of the banned always seems to show up in other threads to remind us why they aren’t here anymore.

#17892 3 years ago

Mainstream media: virus death toll 60,000 higher than reported

“ Across the United States, at least 200,000 more people have died than usual since March, according to a New York Times analysis of estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This is about 60,000 higher than the number of deaths that have been directly linked to the coronavirus.

As the pandemic has moved south and west from its epicenter in New York City, so have the unusual patterns in deaths from all causes. That suggests that the official death counts may be substantially underestimating the overall effects of the virus, as people die from the virus as well as by other causes linked to the pandemic.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/08/12/us/covid-deaths-us.html

Non mainstream media: demon sperm.

I don’t know guys I gotta go with mainstream

#17893 3 years ago
4bdc8x (resized).jpg4bdc8x (resized).jpg
#17894 3 years ago
happy (resized).jpghappy (resized).jpg
#17895 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Pathetic.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/us/sesame-place-worker-punched-face-mask-trnd/index.html
" Children's theme park employee punched in the face for enforcing park's mask policy."
No wonder companies don't want to make a hardline mask policy. For that to work, off-duty police officers would need to be hired.
Being the mask enforcer has to be a thankless minimum wage job. I am not interested in being a "hero".

Maybe they should have an entry gate for the people who won't wear masks.......Oscar could greet them....

cabe3bee279e90d32f5ffc54ad87f6c5 (resized).jpgcabe3bee279e90d32f5ffc54ad87f6c5 (resized).jpg
#17896 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You are right. Even the news sites are tired of talking about COVID.
We are going to break 170,000 deaths today. It is not getting much airplay.
With no news, people will get sloppy. Or perhaps I should say sloppier.

Wear your mask, stay away from people and there is a 99% chance that you will be fine. You cant believe those numbers either im telling you.

#17897 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

And one of them is Grumpy

#17898 3 years ago

It's funny that the person who retweeted that is none other than ex-NBA star Rex Chapman. I was a huge fan of his back in the day. I guess he's become quite popular on social media over the years. I'll never forget his famous buzzer beater in the 1997 playoffs against Seattle to send the game into overtime ...

#17899 3 years ago

Rex Chapman's Twitter got popular for his Block or Charge series of posts. And some of them were the funniest things I've ever seen on Twitter.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/358 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.