272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 576.
#17450 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Just curious if any of you have had your phone impregnated with the covid 19 "Tracer app" ?? I like how they sneak this in without any consent. I noticed mine about three weeks ago. Have you enabled it and have you been contacted by anyone regarding you alledgedly being in close range of someone who i"s infected"

Contract tracing is critical in limiting and/or stopping outbreaks. I have not been contacted but I work from home and we don’t see anyone close or without masks outside our small family circle. I bike outdoors with my friends.

#17453 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The problem is the constant comparing of "the flu" to COIVD. We all know why this happened and who's fault it is. Six months into this there's no excuse to be asking that question/making that comparison. We should ALL know better by now, even one-time deniers or "this is just a flu" types.
THe fact is if you REALLY don't want to catch the flu, wear a mask during flu season. ANd yes, if we all wore masks all the time, nobody would get the flu, either, so it's really up to you. PErsonally, I can see this mask thing becoming a full time deal. I don't see why I'd go to Pinburgh and get sick like I do every single year if I can wear a mask and possibly help it. The more people wearing masks at the next pinburgh, the less likely I'll be to get the flu.

I hate to contradict you but wearing a mask all the time will not prevent the flu or Covid. Have you seen China in the last 10 years? Everyone wears a mask all the time. You are more likely to get any disease from touching a railing or handle than from someone coughing on you.

#17454 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I hate to contradict you but wearing a mask all the time will not prevent the flu or Covid. Have you seen China in the last 10 years? Everyone wears a mask all the time. You are more likely to get any disease from touching a railing or handle than from someone coughing on you.

Welcome to the debate BadBrad97 please re-read The last 350 pages and get up to speed with the information. I really don’t want to have to go through all this again to try and explain it to someone else.

Yes a mask will not 100% prevent flu or Covid, But it’s better then nothing. No your wrong about China. One of my best friends Has lived there for 10 years and many don’t wear a mask. You should let people cough in your face to test your theory. I wonder how that will go for you.

#17455 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I hate to contradict you but wearing a mask all the time will not prevent the flu or Covid.

Don’t worry about contradicting him, worry about contradicting the scientists that study this shit and all disagree with you. No offense, but I’ll go with the experts vs some dude that saw a few pics of people wearing masks in China during cold and flu season.

Unless you mean masks are not 100% effective. In which case yes, literally everyone agrees. But if you’re going out, mask improve your odds of avoiding various contagious bugs considerably. Including COVID.

#17456 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I’m also planning on backing it up with daily doses of hydroxy and demon sperm.

Can’t hurt, right?

#17457 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You get my dv for that last sentence about what constitutes a science denier, it so overpowers the absolutely good news and content that comes before it.

Then stop “asking questions” and “just saying” discussions in an attempt to troll or spread misinformation. Like our good friend Ron who keeps asking and talking about the flu even though it’s answered.

Wear a fucking mask.

#17458 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

This is not the flu.
This is not the flu.
This is not the flu.

I specifically said it was not.

Thanks for understanding.

Take care.

#17459 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

The data on Covid-19 so far seems to contradict your opinion.

#17460 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

But, let's roll back the tape a few months before all of this happened: What do you think would happen if you walked into a Walmart with a mask on? If you don't think security would not be on your ass, I invite you to think again. Security would be on you like stink on shit. What do you think would happen if you were black and came in wearing a mask? Let that one soak in.
After all that has been going on and after the Covid has passed on by, what will happen a couple of years down the road, if during flu season I want to wear a mask? Will the stores still allow mask or are they going to think I'm there to clean out the cash register?
My feeble mind thinks that if a mask is about the best all around option for dealing with Covid then a mask should be just as good for the flu. Or a cold. In the future, I think I will always have a mask within easy reach and if someone comes up to me with a runny nose I am going mask up.

I work at the University of Washington, we have a large international student body with a lot of students from Asia. I've been seeing someone wearing a mask every day for years and years. Sure, it might just be a couple students in a library or cafeteria, but it was already normalized for me. I think this is one of those things where the world has now changed, it's been normalized for everyone. In my state they are mandatory for being inside public places, so everyone is wearing them at the grocery store and a lot of people in my neighborhood are wearing them just walking around, especially when you get to the city blocks where retail stores are. I think forever now masks will be a lot more common, especially during cold and flu season. I haven't been sick for 6 months, it's kinda amazing, I usually get a Spring and Summer cold at some point and it's just not going to happen this year, which is awesome.

#17461 3 years ago

What's the correct order we're supposed to be taking these in?

1) Hydroxychloroquine with breakfast
2) Bleach smoothie for lunch
3) Ultraviolet suppositories after dinner

#17462 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Have you seen China in the last 10 years? Everyone wears a mask all the time.

Have you visited China? Trust me, they don't.

#17463 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I hate to contradict your contradiction but studies show that wearing a mask absolutely reduces transmission of COVID.

Your example also misses the point that when someone coughs without a mask their respiratory droplets get deposited on things like their hands that then touch handles or railings. Of course that’s assuming that their droplets don’t land directly on the handle or railing. Wearing a mask reduces the droplets expelled into the air during a cough or sneeze and thus reduces the amount of viral particles that get deposited on those surfaces.

So, yeah. Masks work. Wear one.

#17464 3 years ago

Secretary of Education and the VP toured a private school in NC today to promote opening schools.

The kids wore masks. The teachers wore masks. The two authority figures...Maskless. But you know they had them because they were wearing them when they exited the plane earlier.

I mean, one of their arguments for opening schools is that it can be done safely if you use proper hygiene...and then they don’t use proper hygiene.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article244557177.html

#17465 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Strictly speaking from a covid standpoint (since this is the covid thread):

No. Just No.

#17466 3 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

You willing to volunteer to put that theory to the test?

#17467 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Everyone can keep talking, debating, arguing, etc all they want but the bottom line is the US looks like a bunch of IDIOTS or Assholes right now on the world stage. Not wearing mask, not social distancing, etc because we live in the US and don't want to "give up our freedom" is killing thousands of people and will be killing thousands more.

Yeah, it'd be nice if everyone got on board with masking up in public. But the fact of the matter is, a lot of us ARE masking up and being responsible. I don't know the percentages, but I would bet at least half the country IS doing the right thing either by masking up or by simply staying home entirely. If other countries want to judge us based on the actions of part of our population, then so be it. Does it really matter?

I mean I don't judge all of Britain based solely on the actions of the Labor Party, or the Conservative Party, or whichever party is in power at the time. While I may feel a lot of dismay and shame about the actions of many Americans or the actions of the current administration, I also feel a lot of pride and happiness when I see people that are following the guidelines, and when I see so many Americans helping others and sacrificing for the good of society.

But who knows, maybe I'm biased being a Veteran or being from a small town. I personally don't tend to see things in black and white, I tend to see shades of gray, and I can often see the validity in the opposing viewpoints, even when I don't share them.

#17468 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Swami, are we just assholes?
All signs appear favorable.
I like the definition of courtship below it. The period during which the girl
decides whether or not she can do any better.
[quoted image]

Where do i get this i have been looking for the exact one as a gift for the Wife anyone know and cost?

#17469 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Just curious if any of you have had your phone impregnated with the covid 19 "Tracer app" ?? I like how they sneak this in without any consent. I noticed mine about three weeks ago. Have you enabled it and have you been contacted by anyone regarding you alledgedly being in close range of someone who i"s infected"

I get the Google "Important Update" alert nightly on phone, few weeks now. I just swipe it away, I refuse to install it. I wear my mask and social distance etc, but I do not trust any government or Google tracking apps. They already track every move we make through everything else, I'm not giving them more insight into the microscopic speck of privacy I have left. My "location" is off and my VPN is running on my phone, but somehow they still know what I'm doing and where I've been.

#17470 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

What I'm thick about is why we think it's ok for the numbers below if a mask could lower them substantially. Again, I'm not looking for a mandate, just a change in norms/acceptance I guess.

we get mandates because 'urges' don't work. Remember when we spent 2 months trying to explain the simplest thing.. like WASHING YOUR HANDS?? and people still don't do it. Everyone thinks 'oh its everyone else... not me...'

#17471 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure if anyone on here mails stuff out a lot (I certainly do), but the prices have skyrocketed since the pandemic started. I found this to be funny...and maybe a little too truthful.
[quoted image]

Do we know what that was an order for? (and yes I did notice this was from 2018)

#17472 3 years ago

If everyone would just put their big boy pants on for a few months we could get this under control. Mask up people!

Mask %.gifMask %.gif

#17473 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

What's the correct order we're supposed to be taking these in?
1) Hydroxychloroquine with breakfast
2) Bleach smoothie for lunch
3) Ultraviolet suppositories after dinner

4) silver solution nightcap

#17474 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Then stop “asking questions” and “just saying” discussions in an attempt to troll or spread misinformation. Like our good friend Ron who keeps asking and talking about the flu even though it’s answered.
Wear a fucking mask.

Now You are trolling dude. Your argument lacks <something>. You're acting rather like a science denier. Asking questions IS science, get with the program buddy. Buck Up!

I agree Ron has asked the question enough now, but it did take a second go before it was taken in context (barely). To be fair, seems alot still aren't quite getting it.

The main problem appears to be Failing to question anything that Doesn't add up. Asking reasonable questions is not trolling, it is in fact the basis of Actual science and investigation. The mentality you portray is but one of many contributors to the dumbing down of society that has been progressively going on so many places for such a long time. "Don't Ask Questions!!"

This is where your flat earthers come from. People unable to properly comprehend maths or science, poorly educated, yet claiming to (thinking they can) "know science" while downplaying the role that asking intelligent or reasonable questions plays in "knowing science". They parrot bad science and math that does not add up, and refuse to question it. Can't learn or understand better (or comprehend beyond the surface) while the falsehoods they believe can be easily disproven by Basic practical experiment and observation. Life. #gullible.

You will find they stop asking stupid questions if you think to ask them the right questions in return. They get what seems like a Syntax Error in their head, a lockup, as a concept conflicts with reality.... and either get wiser (ask More questions), or shut up and go back for more brainwashing if the gray cells are already overloaded.. Not to say any of this is always their own fault. Some places good education, well, could be better. So many contributing factors or reasons people can't understand things, that are beyond their own control.

Check the post 3 dozen pages back, for quick easy debunker for anyone you find stuck in flat earther land. It's a start, and has helped many a poor sucker out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/313#post-5703757

Of course there are Many unscientific people whom don't like to ask themselves the tough questions, they probably won't agree with much I've pointed out here. You get that on the big jobs I suppose. Too much to process.

People wonder why mobs stick by popular crazy talk that makes no sense. Background noise. Oblivious. So, whats happening in the footy?

#17475 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17476 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

we get mandates because 'urges' don't work. Remember when we spent 2 months trying to explain the simplest thing.. like WASHING YOUR HANDS?? and people still don't do it. Everyone thinks 'oh its everyone else... not me...'

It is also fair to note that reliable consistent information and "urges" are alot more effective in some regions (or even demographics) than others.

#17477 3 years ago

Meanwhile, in France (Marseille, July 18) check how well social distancing works

Capture d’e?cran 2020-07-30 a? 10.52.18 (resized).pngCapture d’e?cran 2020-07-30 a? 10.52.18 (resized).png
#17478 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

My "location" is off and my VPN is running on my phone, but somehow they still know what I'm doing and where I've been.

Every cell phone has a unique serial number, every cell tower has a unique serial number. That’s how a call can be routed to you anywhere in the world. Your phone is always tracked by towers a VPN will mask your internet searches, but “they” will always know where you are.

This contract tracing all workers through Bluetooth. It doesn’t track where you’ve been. It tracks if your phone has come within bluetooth range of someone with Covid. The problem with this system is that your phone doesn’t know if that person is in the next apartment up a floor, or if they’re right next to you.

If you’re worried about “them” tracking you, then you’re too late. It’s already happening. This new contact tracing app shouldn’t be your point contention.

With that said, I don’t plan to use the app.

#17480 3 years ago

In local news , we had a girl lying and making up crap to get through checkpoint and she filmed herself and was laughing at the cops .
We have a new police chief and he's making a statement . Cops that usually deal with gang crime tracked her down in a suburb where she wasn't meant to be . She refused to give her name or address or wind her window down , so they smashed her window , dragged her out and arrested her . The cops aren't stuffing around anymore . Laughed my ass off .

#17481 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Meanwhile, in France (Marseille, July 18) check how well social distancing works
[quoted image]

I’m confused. Are you sure that’s France? I thought not wearing a mask was only done by people making a political statement in the United States.

Oh wait, people everywhere are selfish. Must be a human nature thing.

#17483 3 years ago

I think we are starting to see data on some of the downstream nastiness that covid-19/quarantine is causing:

"Opioid overdoses up 50% in S.C. this year amid COVID-19 pandemic"

https://www.live5news.com/2020/07/30/opioid-overdoses-up-sc-this-year-amid-covid-pandemic/

#17484 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think we are starting to see data on some of the downstream nastiness that covid-19/quarantine is causing:
"Opioid overdoses up 50% in S.C. this year amid COVID-19 pandemic"
https://www.live5news.com/2020/07/30/opioid-overdoses-up-sc-this-year-amid-covid-pandemic/

Sadly , domestic violence has increased as well.

#17485 3 years ago

Mask debate...
Think about this for a moment, do masks work? Um YES, why do nurses and doctors wear them in hospitals?? They wore them BEFORE the Covid 19 pandemic, they wear them currently, and they will wear them AFTER the pandemic. How else could one explain the fact they are not ALWAYS sick from what the ill drag into the clinics??? If they did not work, wouldn't we have a 100% infection rate among the health care workers. Psst, they also wash their hands a lot too.
This has probably been said already in the 350 pages of this topic but I figured it was worth repeating, unlike a lot of crap in this topic. Thank you for listening.

#17486 3 years ago

re: Hand washing

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#17487 3 years ago

Be mindful of your information sources. Many sites of a certain persuasion will recycle/launder disinformation originally coming from these three Russian troll farm websites:

InfoRos.ru
Infobrics.org
OneWorld.press

Also, I am sure the number of faux news sources will continue to grow and amplify itself.

https://apnews.com/3acb089e6a333e051dbc4a465cb68ee1

#17488 3 years ago

The second wave in Victoria is hitting hard . Even after 3 weeks of a second Lockdown with mandatory mask wearing , the numbers have been skyrocketing . We now have more deaths than all the other states combined .

IMG_20200730_232214 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_232214 (resized).jpg
#17489 3 years ago

54 Million People have filed for Unemployment, in less than 5 months.
Work force is 165 Million, including teens, part time by age, etc.

Math says roughly 30% Unemployed.
Official Govt Number is Only been 11%-13%, as the starting number is from the 2nd week of May, using paid claims.
Meaning Who was already getting paid by the end of April.

Look at this with todays GDP, closings, etc.....It is pretty Bad.

But Numbers are fudged, Trillions to Pump up the Dow, creating massive doubling of our debt, and all this is relatively
ignored by the needs of Politically focused media.

Does anyone believe in the next 3 months, we will see Any real numbers acknowledged?

#17490 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I do have a number of friends who are getting unemployment because their companies have reduced their hours specifically to allow them to qualify (and not pay them themselves.) Just a piece of he larger puzzle though.

#17491 3 years ago

Herman Cain has died.

#17492 3 years ago

We just lost a great man to Coronavirus. I have great respect for this man.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/herman-cain-dead-after-battle-with-coronavirus

#17494 3 years ago

Another cool mask video:

#17495 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The second wave in Victoria is hitting hard . Even after 3 weeks of a second Lockdown with mandatory mask wearing , the numbers have been skyrocketing . We now have more deaths than all the other states combined .
[quoted image]

Too many Karens.

I guess it's little comfort, but know that a dose of stupidity is not exclusive to America.

It seems somewhat proportional to re-infection rate, or exponential rate of spread... and doing stupid things.

The mandatory mask wearing would work much better if everyone did it. Fines are great, but obviously $200 is Not a big enough expiation for Victorians?? ... considering the huge numbers of people not complying and coughing up the cash instead, police issuing Hundreds of fines. But it doesn't end there, more fines for the hundreds of checks on people "self isolating" found to be in breach.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-victoria-one-in-four-positive-covid19-cases-not-self-isolating-daniel-andrews/f47901b5-9fcf-4610-83d0-102ac5760498?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_2_one-in-four-not-home-during-doorknocks_310720

Then there's 3 dumbasses from queensland visiting a Vic hotspot for a "party", getting Infected!, then returning to brisbane via Sydney and lying and spreading CV19 all along the way.... that nonsense doesn't help. Geniuses!. I hope they throw the fu@king book at them!

#17499 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Math says roughly 30% Unemployed.
Official Govt Number is Only been 11%-13%, as the starting number is from the 2nd week of May, using paid claims.
Meaning Who was already getting paid by the end of April.
Look at this with todays GDP, closings, etc.....It is pretty Bad.
But Numbers are fudged, Trillions to Pump up the Dow, creating massive doubling of our debt, and all this is relatively
ignored by the needs of Politically focused media.
Does anyone believe in the next 3 months, we will see Any real numbers acknowledged?

3 months? .... isn't that getting "postponed" by the L.O.T.F.W. ?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/350?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.