272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 576.
#17351 3 years ago

New England Journal of Medicine released a report last week with their 2 cents on hydroxychloroquine and confirmed what others have already.

Hydroxychloroquine is ineffective at treating COVID-19
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/508782-new-study-finds-hydroxychloroquine-ineffective-at-treating-covid-19

People that take this drug in a non prescribed way will only induce heart issues where non are.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are being lied to. There are a bunch more articles just like that one backing up what she is saying.

If you are so cocksure and adamant about believing her then try Hydroxychloroquine for yourself and let us know how it works out.

#17352 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are being lied to. There are a bunch more articles just like that one backing up what she is saying.

Here's also what 'shes saying'

Listen to how she's going to use the blood of Jesus to defeat demons and witches

This is the 'expert' you are rallying behind... Dr Stella Immanuel - strip mall doctor and 'Firepower Ministries' org. Check out her facebook and youtube for some top notch advise on how to avoid demons

#17353 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

People want to believe they know something others don’t. There’s always some conspiracy that only they and a select minority are aware of. Makes them feel more important in an otherwise mundane life.
Short answer though is social media.

Yeah, I read that somewhere too.

Has there ever been a confirmed conspiracy theory? Hint: yes.

Does that mean everything is a conspiracy? No.

To blatantly cast aside alternate thinking is perhaps as dangerous as allowing false information to flourish.

#17354 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Sounds as though you are in favor of facial recognition,,,
I don't support those that may be harming others, but I'm definitely more afraid of AI and dark government than I am the latest threat, soon to be followed by another, and another.
Seems as though we are governed by fear. Look how much freedom the US lost in September of 2001, and consequently, much of the world.
I'd rather people just speak up and confront those non mask people "face to face" rather than go the safe internet route. Especially if anonymous
Ok, offand of my soap box.
Who has a projected end date to all of this?

It'll be over once Billy Gates gets us all injected with the vaccine id ...
[quoted image]

To answer your question, I don’t think things start to turn around until January. Until then things will just continue to suck ass.

#17355 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm talking general terms here, but, yeah, just do as you're told and you can avoid social outcasting....
Great, what's next? How high boss?
Again, as I said, good or bad, mask or no mask. Post your dog eating cake as much as you like, were6all super interested, just keep me off the web unless I choose to be there please.

So you don't obey any laws? You don't fasten your seatbelt when you get in the car? Wearing a mask is no different here. It's a safety thing not a political statement.

Also you do not have any expectation of privacy if you are out in public. Sorry. That has been well established by the courts.

#17357 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Listen to how she's going to use the blood of Jesus to defeat demons and witches
This is the 'expert' you are rallying behind... Dr Stella Immanuel - strip mall doctor and 'Firepower Ministries' org. Check out her facebook and youtube for some top notch advise on how to avoid demons

Don't forget Jim Bakker, who we all know as a child of some higher power; and a thief; and crook to boot.

Y'all just need to go buy some Silver Solution for $90.00 a bottle and you need worry about nothing forevermore.

#17358 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

So you don't obey any laws? You don't fasten your seatbelt when you get in the car? Wearing a mask is no different here. It's a safety thing not a political statement.
Also you do not have any expectation of privacy if you are out in public. Sorry. That has been well established by the courts.

I suppose you are correct.

#17359 3 years ago

Demon Sperm? Alien DNA?

Of course. Demon Sperm.

These are the minds shaping our public policy in 2020. If you spread her nonsense around, you are willingly contributing to making our country stupider and prolonging this pandemic.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

#17360 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Check out her facebook and youtube for some top notch advise on how to avoid demons

Are you implying that you don't want to avoid demons?

#17361 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Geez what's with all the extremist assesment there dude?? ... "don't obey Any laws"? Wtf? ... mate only stated his value on privacy

I'm qualified in engineering and a boiler attendant as well sometimes... If I don't obey laws then simple pricks could very easily be killed. What is your problem exactly again??

I fully agree with him, super interested in seeing your dog eat cake!

#17362 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This whole thing is political propaganda... and yet even when the information is under your nose people refuse to look at it.

This whole threat has turned into everyone debating the 3 people that deny science who dont want to protect as many as possible.

The same 3 people are posting broken record "facts" that could actually be harmful to everyone else, yet they haven't been removed from this thread.

3 bad apples that are causing all the conflict on this subject show no signs of compassion. But everyone else is wrong.

#17363 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yay, another crackpot rolled out in front of the masses to fire up the radical right.

She said she practices at “Rehoboth Medical Center” in Houston which sure sounds an awful lot like a hospital....Google to the rescue:

000C0FFD-F162-4AEC-A8B7-5980961D1010 (resized).jpeg000C0FFD-F162-4AEC-A8B7-5980961D1010 (resized).jpeg

It’s a freaking strip mall with her faith healing center next door.

Seriously, this woman says that uterine fibroids are caused by dream sex with demons. Not even kidding.

THIS is the doctor they want to put in front of a camera????

I’m actually a center right voter but this crap is getting ridiculous.

Man, I need a drink tonight.

#17364 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

When people believe they are not being deceived, like at all. Of course not everything is a lie, but ...

It's not that people don't believe attempts at deception are real, it's that some people possess the ability to recognize deception. And some clearly don't.

#17365 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200728-163129~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200728-163129~2 (resized).png
#17367 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yay, another crackpot rolled out in front of the masses to fire up the radical right.
She said she practices at “Rehoboth Medical Center” in Houston which sure sounds an awful lot like a hospital....Google to the rescue:
[quoted image]
Seriously, this woman says that uterine fibroids are caused by dream sex with demons. Not even kidding.

You mean I can get my sperm tested for traces of Demon and get some shitty off-brand furniture in the same trip?

SIGN ME UP! America rules so hard right now.

#17368 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Geez what's with all the extremist assesment there dude?? ... "don't obey Any laws"? Wtf? ... mate only stated his value on privacy
I'm qualified in engineering and a boiler attendant as well sometimes... If I don't obey laws then simple pricks could very easily be killed. What is your problem exactly again??
I fully agree with him, super interested in seeing your dog eat cake!

It's not extremist. He was defending people who refuse to wear masks. So I made a valid comparison. Which is selfish as the mask helps cut spread down by a factor of 5. Since the mask mandate went into effect in texas our daily case counts have been in steady decline (It's also been hotter here so maybe that's been a factor as well? Don't know about that).

#17369 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This whole threat has turned into everyone debating the 3 people that deny science who dont want to protect as many as possible.
The same 3 people are posting broken record "facts" that could actually be harmful to everyone else, yet they haven't been removed from this thread.
3 bad apples that are causing all the conflict on this subject show no signs of compassion. But everyone else is wrong.

I'm well past trying to debate with them. I'm always struck by meeting people that are perfectly pleasant and nice, people you could have a beer with them and a perfectly normal conversation and then you realise they are f'ing nuts when it comes to a particular area(s). My mother can be like that. I don't bother debating with her anymore as I know she will not change her mind.

#17370 3 years ago

More info regarding this video. Its misinformation and conspiracy theory propaganda vids like this that is going to get somebody who's desperate killed.

Social media giants remove viral video with false coronavirus claims that Trump retweeted
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/tech/facebook-youtube-coronavirus/index.html

#17371 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I’m already on #6 Doc!

#17372 3 years ago

So occasional dream sex with a demon or two does NOT cause uterine fibroids?

#17373 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

It's not that people don't believe attempts at deception are real, it's that some people possess the ability to recognize deception. And some clearly don't.

You very well got that right!!

Too many over there obviously fall into the "don't" category.

Sad, but that is the way it has been looking to the outside world, since a couple of decades ago. The funny (not funny) thing is now that America appears to be falling into turmoil, pretty much on its own in the world, the people being fooled there just get puzzled about "Why is this happening here?, It doesn't make sense!?" ... instead of looking to find that things may not be exactly as they have been led to believe all those decades.

It is of no consequence to me really if you choose to carry on blindly toward the complete trainwreck, however I care about peoples wellbeing. Also however, if you decide to start ww3, it wil be of consequence to me. Our govt. is also doing dubious things on the world scene, so not totally happy with what is going down here really, either. Does not add up, simple as that.

I am sad for all of you that just blindly follow. It looks like it is the blind leading the blind over there?. Seriously. Pull your bloody fingers out!!

#17374 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You mob are the pricks responsible for everyone else in the world thinking "Australians" call Prawns "shrimp" !? Wtf? Lol

You can't blame us for that , blame Paul Hogan , we know the difference between a prawn and a shrimp .
Being convicts can have its advantages , it made your grand prix easy to steal

#17375 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Sounds as though you are in favor of facial recognition,,,
I don't support those that may be harming others, but I'm definitely more afraid of AI and dark government than I am the latest threat, soon to be followed by another, and another.
Seems as though we are governed by fear. Look how much freedom the US lost in September of 2001, and consequently, much of the world.
I'd rather people just speak up and confront those non mask people "face to face" rather than go the safe internet route. Especially if anonymous.
Ok, off of my soap box.
Who has a projected end date to all of this?

Don't forget your tin foil hat , you don't want the government reading your thoughts .

IMG_20200729_070115 (resized).jpgIMG_20200729_070115 (resized).jpg

#17376 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Boy isn't she copying it ( deservedly so ) it's one thing to disagree with wearing mask but to attack staff trying to do their job , enforcing the law and filming them for a publicity stunt .
I wouldn't have been as Polite as those employees , her phone would be in a million bits on the ground .

Maybe she wants a job in the media kinda what they do isn't it lol

#17378 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, I read that somewhere too.
Has there ever been a confirmed conspiracy theory? Hint: yes.
Does that mean everything is a conspiracy? No.
To blatantly cast aside alternate thinking is perhaps as dangerous as allowing false information to flourish.

Divide and Conquer pretty much how it works.

#17379 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't forget your tin foil hat , you don't want the government reading your thoughts .
[quoted image]

Wow. Did that take you all night?

Look up Project Mockingbird someday. Or perhaps Project MKUltra.

As I stated, not everything is a conspiracy, but there certainly have been "conspiracy theories" that have been dead on correct.

In terms of Covid, I honestly don't "know". But here is a question.if masks are going to save us, why haven't we been using them for influenza? I realize this Covid is a Corona - SARS snake rat concoction, but seriously, why hasn't our US government at least hyped up wearing masks during flu season? Plenty of elderly die from it, no?

Sorry if I'm becoming the 4th person here to disrupt the thread. I just have questions. I'm not necessarily defending anyone, as was previously stated, just asking people to think a little. I've been wrong plenty of times in my life, but every once in a while a question pays off. Can't we have a civil discussion without mockery?

So again, why haven't we been mandated, or at least strongly urged, to wear masks during the flu season?

#17380 3 years ago

Trust me...the following information shocked and amazed me just as much as it will to you.

The Demon Sperm lady runs Fire Power Ministries!

FIREPOWER! Where do I sign up?

"In a news conference Tuesday, Trump addressed the video, saying: “I think they’re very respected doctors. There was a woman who was spectacular.” He did not specify which woman. He added of hydroxychloroquine, “I happen to think it works in the early stages.”

When asked directly about Immanuel and why he might trust someone who believes that alien DNA is used in modern medicine, Trump responded: “I thought she was very impressive, in the sense that, from where she came — I don’t know what country she comes from — but she said that she’s had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients. I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her.”
AD

Immanuel, a registered physician in Texas, was born in Cameroon. Along with her medical clinic, she runs a church called Fire Power Ministries."

#17381 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I live in Houston (2 miles out of the City limit) and I am going to stay clear of this center. I have been having demon dream sex for years now and it is so good I wake up and my sheets are drenched. No way am I going to get healed. My wife has been questioning why I wash the sheets so damn much and says its smells like pee in the room sometimes. Little does she know I'm getting my world rocked while sleeping.

#17382 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

So again, why haven't we been mandated, or at least strongly urged, to wear masks during the flu season?

Because influenza is a wholly different animal. It's not as contagious as this virus, and certainly not by the same mechanisms. Just because something is effective for one virus does not mean it is an effective preventative against another. That is NOT a difficult concept to grasp. The people claiming to just "have some questions" are full of shit. This is a complete inability to differentiate between entirely different strains of entirely different disease. Do you also go to the zoo and demand that the tigers be kept in the aquarium, because crocodiles are also man eaters?

#17383 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

if masks are going to save us, why haven't we been using them for influenza?

I guess it's our culture. It is common to see someone that is not feeling well using a mask to keep their coworkers and those around them from getting sick in Japan. It has been a common sight since I first spent a year there in '92. Maybe other cultures and countries will follow suit as they become a little more comfortable and educated about masks. (They are not worn because of pollution as suggested a page back.)

I have a friend who often says when coming down with a bug, "going out to get a few drinks to burn this thing out of me", since they are the personality type that NEVER wants to stay home. I would remind them that rest makes more sense, and typically the following day they are feeling worse and stuck in bed after ignoring my advice. Since my friend is actually a considerate person, they may start staying home when coming down with something after the lessons of 2020, and wanting to keep their friends and others healthy, and they may not be the only one.

#17384 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Look up Project Mockingbird someday. Or perhaps Project MKUltra.
As I stated, not everything is a conspiracy, but there certainly have been "conspiracy theories" that have been dead on correct.
In terms of Covid, I honestly don't "know". But here is a question.if masks are going to save us, why haven't we been using them for influenza? I realize this Covid is a Corona - SARS snake rat concoction, but seriously, why hasn't our US government at least hyped up wearing masks during flu season? Plenty of elderly die from it, no?
Sorry if I'm becoming the 4th person here to disrupt the thread. I just have questions. I'm not necessarily defending anyone, as was previously stated, just asking people to think a little. I've been wrong plenty of times in my life, but every once in a while a question pays off. Can't we have a civil discussion without mockery?

Re: flu
We have relatively good medicine.
We have relatively effective yearly vaccines.
We have residual immunity both at individual and herd levels.
Our hospital systems are sufficient for normal year sickness levels and can generally squeeze through a bad year.
Timing of when you are a spreader is drastically different.
Asymptomatic spread is low.
Even bad flu years do not remotely approach the damage covid does. Both in terms of needing to rent refrigerated morgue trucks and in potentially permanent disability.

That being said, you best believe my wife warns her susceptible patients and caregivers during flu season.

#17385 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

... I just have questions. I'm not necessarily defending anyone, as was previously stated, just asking people to think a little. I've been wrong plenty of times in my life, but every once in a while a question pays off. Can't we have a civil discussion without mockery?

No, bewildered mockers gonna mock.

A good question is why are low risk, cheap, effective early treatments being buried and unreasonably ridiculed particularly in America and a handfull of other countries, by the "free media"? ... there are several countries with high infection and Very low death rate that have those numbers at least in part because they actually Treat infected people Early... instead of once they're in ICU and nearly dead already?

No, not the hydroxywhatever crap either (that just seems risky and used to stifle or cloud discussion of actual treatment outcomes), there are others that Are reasonable to employ...

I'm sure it has nothing to do with money. Money interests would surely not just let people die for profit. How ridiculous!

Lots of oblivious people with all the "answers". I mostly just have questions too, that seem to have no reasonable answer.

Why is America the king of Covid? ... good question... love to hear the Correct answer on that one as I'm sure many would, but doubt it will be found here. It's political and financial so we can't even talk aboot it. Just the way pollies like it.

Amazingly, so many have their head so deep in the sand they can't even observe their divisive system at work.

Outcome doesn't look real good.

#17387 3 years ago

"Sure it could be worse. I'm just glad were not Italy".

Me. A long time ago.

#17388 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I guess it's our culture. It is common to see someone that is not feeling well using a mask to keep their coworkers and those around them from getting sick in Japan. It has been a common sight since I first spent a year there in '92. Maybe other cultures and countries will follow suit as they become a little more comfortable and educated about masks.

I think this is one habit I would like to see continue after this, it seems like very civilised behaviour that we should adopt from our Asian friends.

#17389 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Sorry mate I've been busy putting nanobots in flu vaccines that spy on you from the inside making your tin foil hat obsolete
IMG_20200729_201639 (resized).jpgIMG_20200729_201639 (resized).jpg

#17390 3 years ago

Here is another sigh of things to come. A post made of Facebook by my sister about something she saw on railroad cars yesterday. Kind of makes you wonder what more CDC or our government knows and they are not talking about!

https://www.facebook.com/JoannieEggert/posts/10207560865057801

#17391 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

but seriously, why hasn't our US government at least hyped up wearing masks during flu season? Plenty of elderly die from it, no?

This ain't no regular flu and the government is starting to realize that.

#17392 3 years ago

My city of 3.2 million people reported 6 new cases of COVID yesterday.

You know why? Mandatory mask wearing indoors.

The message couldn’t be simpler yet Americans seem hell bent on being ignorant. “I have questions” and “I’m just saying” are hallmarks of trolls and science deniers.

#17393 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Because influenza is a wholly different animal. It's not as contagious as this virus, and certainly not by the same mechanisms. Just because something is effective for one virus does not mean it is an effective preventative against another. That is NOT a difficult concept to grasp. The people claiming to just "have some questions" are full of shit. This is a complete inability to differentiate between entirely different strains of entirely different disease. Do you also go to the zoo and demand that the tigers be kept in the aquarium, because crocodiles are also man eaters?

You are attacking an honest question. I understand that the flu is not the same (see my reference to SARS snakes rats). I do not understand how influenza gets transmitted apparently. I did do a quick search and found this though:

Flu / Contagiousness
Contagious

Partly preventable by vaccine.

HOW IT SPREADS
By airborne respiratory droplets (coughs or sneezes).
By skin-to-skin contact (handshakes or hugs).
By saliva (kissing or shared drinks).
By touching a contaminated surface (blanket or doorknob).

So, I don't know, I guess I'm just really dumb, but seems as though masks and alcohol sanitizer would certainly help. But im probably just "full of shit" as you say.

#17394 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I guess it's our culture. It is common to see someone that is not feeling well using a mask to keep their coworkers and those around them from getting sick in Japan. It has been a common sight since I first spent a year there in '92. Maybe other cultures and countries will follow suit as they become a little more comfortable and educated about masks. (They are not worn because of pollution as suggested a page back.)
I have a friend who often says when coming down with a bug, "going out to get a few drinks to burn this thing out of me", since they are the personality type that NEVER wants to stay home. I would remind them that rest makes more sense, and typically the following day they are feeling worse and stuck in bed after ignoring my advice. Since my friend is actually a considerate person, they may start staying home when coming down with something after the lessons of 2020, and wanting to keep their friends and others healthy, and they may not be the only one.

Thank you. It is interesting how other countries handle mask use.

#17395 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Re: flu
We have relatively good medicine.
We have relatively effective yearly vaccines.
We have residual immunity both at individual and herd levels.
Our hospital systems are sufficient for normal year sickness levels and can generally squeeze through a bad year.
Timing of when you are a spreader is drastically different.
Asymptomatic spread is low.
Even bad flu years do not remotely approach the damage covid does. Both in terms of needing to rent refrigerated morgue trucks and in potentially permanent disability.
That being said, you best believe my wife warns her susceptible patients and caregivers during flu season.

I agree on all of that, however, wouldn't a mask and never getting the flu be better than medicine, etc? Again, assuming it would cut the number of cases substantially - which I have no idea if it would.

#17396 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No, bewildered mockers gonna mock.
A good question is why are low risk, cheap, effective early treatments being buried and unreasonably ridiculed particularly in America and a handfull of other countries, by the "free media"? ... there are several countries with high infection and Very low death rate that have those numbers at least in part because they actually Treat infected people Early... instead of once they're in ICU and nearly dead already?
No, not the hydroxywhatever crap either (that just seems risky and used to stifle or cloud discussion of actual treatment outcomes), there are others that Are reasonable to employ...
I'm sure it has nothing to do with money. Money interests would surely not just let people die for profit. How ridiculous!
Lots of oblivious people with all the "answers". I mostly just have questions too, that seem to have no reasonable answer.
Why is America the king of Covid? ... good question... love to hear the Correct answer on that one as I'm sure many would, but doubt it will be found here. It's political and financial so we can't even talk aboot it. Just the way pollies like it.
Amazingly, so many have their head so deep in the sand they can't even observe their divisive system at work.
Outcome doesn't look real good.

Great questions!

#17397 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry mate I've been busy putting nanobots in flu vaccines that spy on you from the inside making your tin foil hat obsolete
[quoted image]

So, you have nothing to add then?

#17398 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

You are attacking an honest question. I understand that the flu is not the same (see my reference to SARS snakes rats). I do not understand how influenza gets transmitted apparently.

Another difference - because the influenza virus and SARS-Cov-2 do not infect the same cells in the airway, an infected individual releases far more Covid than influenza virus when breathing / speaking / coughing. And the difference seems to be enormous - we are talking about several orders of magnitude. Not to mention "super-spreaders" with an even higher virus titer. A single person like this in a closed environment, especially a cold environment, may contaminate hundreds.

That's probably why when a passenger in a boat was contaminated, contagion was so effective (remember the Diamond Princess, not to mention military vessels). It never happened with the flu.

This does not mean that masks / distancing / washing hands would be useless for influenza, just that the damn Covid thing is much harder to contain.

#17399 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I agree on all of that, however, wouldn't a mask and never getting the flu be better than medicine, etc? Again, assuming it would cut the number of cases substantially - which I have no idea if it would.

Yes, if you wore a mask and used hand sanitizer then your chances of getting the flu would be less. It hasn’t been mandated by the government in the past for the reasons stated earlier in the thread (not a new virus, vaccines available, less contagious, etc).

These are not reasons to question mask efficacy. Wear a mask!

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/348?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.