272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 576.
#17250 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , nice try at kicking us while we're down .
To suggest there's a war , assumes there's competition .
Let me think what does SA have ? Besides being a desert . Oh yeah , wine , churches , horrible water that makes horrible beer and meat pies in pea soup
No wonder even the coronavirus doesn't want to go there
By the way how are the Crows going

Hey low blow with the Crows mate try being a Victorian and going for my beloved crows. Anyway surely you agree the Hawks are a year behind us just remember i called it early Your Hawks look slow and old oh hang on you made a thread for this my bad. One Question what do we call a Conspiracy Theory once proven fact? and what do we call a Science theory once proven incorrect?

#17251 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I am in the live music production industry. I have been in this business for over 20 years
We have been at a dead stop since March and I can tell you, with authority, all tours that haven't cancelled or postponed til 2021 yet are just riding out the advance and don't want to refund tickets until they have to.

Are you trying to make me cry?

Within the last two weeks I had tickets to see Rage Against The Machine and Guns n Roses. Both are bucket list concerts, I was very excited for both of them. Both Bands don’t have the best track record with touring regularly. Both shows delayed for a year with the option for a refund or wait. We decided to wait, they were tough tickets to get in the first place. I really hope axel and slash can keep it together until after the tour.

#17252 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cycling this picture around is as stupid as people people taking video stills as examples of what people look like. Trying to have a 'gotcha' moment while ignoring everything around it.
Like sitting next to your wife and friend ... in an otherwise EMPTY ballpark...

Not abiding with the social distancing 6 foot rule either. Funny how they want us to follow this , but they cannot even mirror it themselves. Empty BallPark , plenty of seats .

61L180oMrwL._AC_UL1000_ (resized).jpg61L180oMrwL._AC_UL1000_ (resized).jpg
#17253 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Not abiding with the social distancing 6 foot rule either. Funny how they want us to follow this , but they cannot even mirror it themselves. Empty BallPark , plenty of seats .[quoted image]

You are right that is super funny.

You should probably not wear masks. After all look at Fauci!

#17254 3 years ago

No need to social distance from your wife. Unless you want to.

#17255 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Hey low blow with the Crows mate try being a Victorian and going for my beloved crows. Anyway surely you agree the Hawks are a year behind us just remember i called it early Your Hawks look slow and old oh hang on you made a thread for this my bad. One Question what do we call a Conspiracy Theory once proven fact? and what do we call a Science theory once proven incorrect?

Yeah , should have left the Crows out of it , looks like they're going for draft picks and I don't even know if rasor goes for them
The Hawks are doing as well as Victoria during this coronavirus crap .
We've been in lockdown for about 3 weeks now and the numbers are going up not down , hopefully something changes soon .

#17256 3 years ago

I feel like Fauci totally got Ackbarred with this whole throw out the first pitch thing.

#17257 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Not abiding with the social distancing 6 foot rule either. Funny how they want us to follow this , but they cannot even mirror it themselves. Empty BallPark , plenty of seats .[quoted image]

You don't social distance within your own cluster genius.

No one is sleeping in separate beds at home because of trying to follow 'social distancing'.

#17258 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I am in the live music production industry. I have been in this business for over 20 years
We have been at a dead stop since March and I can tell you, with authority, all tours that haven't cancelled or postponed til 2021 yet are just riding out the advance and don't want to refund tickets until they have to.
There will be no concerts or tours of any substance until the spring of 2021.
There has to be additional federal unemployment aid for the literal millions of people in this gig economy
There are not nearly enough other jobs for these specialized workers to filter out to.

Yeah, this is bad news for the touring band industry. I have an aquaintense who bought our local 60 year old venue, The Cotillion that holds around 2000 people. We are not on the mainline for a lot of top shows, but a lot of bands will use my town as filler as they leave Dallas and head for Chicago. But we are mostly for the smaller, lesser known bands still working to develop a following.

A newspaper article said my aquaintense /friend is working 8-10 hours a day trying to lobby the government for some money to keep these kind of venues alive. According to the article, there are around 20,000 small venues around the country for the lesser known performers to get work and make a living. If all of these smaller venues shut down, there will be no place for up and comers to perform.

#17259 3 years ago

Must run segment for a slew of local tv stations. Gives a platform to the plandemic conspiracy theorist to smear Fauci.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/media/sinclair-fauci-conspiracy-bolling/index.html

#17260 3 years ago

I love to hear positive news like this!

Screenshot_20200725-121938~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200725-121938~2 (resized).png
#17261 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Are you trying to make me cry?
Within the last two weeks I had tickets to see Rage Against The Machine and Guns n Roses. Both are bucket list concerts, I was very excited for both of them. Both Bands don’t have the best track record with touring regularly. Both shows delayed for a year with the option for a refund or wait. We decided to wait, they were tough tickets to get in the first place. I really hope axel and slash can keep it together until after the tour.

I saw RATM in Astro Arena in Houston in 1997. Drove down from college. We were on the front row of the floor standing room GA area, against the fence. Well, until I got booted in the school from a crowd surfer behind us and I crumpled like a sack of rocks. Had to go get checked out by EMS on the side of the stage for a few minutes, but they let me go back into the crowd. I was concussed 100% and don’t remember a ton about the last half of it, but that show was amazing. And the loudest thing I have ever experienced.

#17262 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, this is bad news for the touring band industry. I have an aquaintense who bought our local 60 year old venue, The Cotillion that holds around 2000 people. We are not on the mainline for a lot of top shows, but a lot of bands will use my town as filler as they leave Dallas and head for Chicago. But we are mostly for the smaller, lesser known bands still working to develop a following.
A newspaper article said my aquaintense /friend is working 8-10 hours a day trying to lobby the government for some money to keep these kind of venues alive. According to the article, there are around 20,000 small venues around the country for the lesser known performers to get work and make a living. If all of these smaller venues shut down, there will be no place for up and comers to perform.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Unfortunately ,when this is all over, Live Nation or AEG will just swoop in and absorb the venues that went comatose. That was what they were doing before this virus. In the past, They limited themselves to the bigger markets, but they are seeing that smaller markets can be bought up and exploited as well.
The concerts will start again ,eventually....but ticket prices and fees will go up. Less choice for the consumer.

I think this is going to happen to a lot of mom and Pop shops around the country that couldn't weather this thing. The larger corporations will just take their market share thus finishing the homogenization of the American experience and increasing the wealth gap.

#17263 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't social distance within your own cluster genius.
No one is sleeping in separate beds at home because of trying to follow 'social distancing'.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html

Scroll down and read "Avoid close contact"

#17264 3 years ago

Me...after sheltering in place for a few months:

Screenshot_20200725-160335~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200725-160335~2 (resized).png
#17265 3 years ago

Maybe you should keep scrolling.

#17266 3 years ago
facebook_1595265738686_6691029468836867344_498372320632383 (resized).jpgfacebook_1595265738686_6691029468836867344_498372320632383 (resized).jpg
#17267 3 years ago

The FDA just approved a drug that reduces you and your family members chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X's? It’s trade name is called Wearamaskasshole. Side effects include mild inconvenience, possible victim complex, fear of people calling you a sheep, being ostracized by your anti-vax pandemic friends, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as this country stubbornly dives right on into that second wave.
Check with your doctor, or really anyone, to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you.

#17268 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Me...after sheltering in place for a few months:[quoted image]

“Is this a cat in a hat?”

#17269 3 years ago

Did you fail reading as a child?

#17270 3 years ago

Went to Costco for the first time since March. Yay. Was pleasantly surprised to see them handing out free face masks to customers. Even more shocked to see at least half of people wearing them.

#17272 3 years ago

3 minutes. Worth watching.

#17273 3 years ago

One reason, some feel as they do.

"The Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) said Saturday it will postpone and rework a segment it planned to air this weekend that suggested Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, was responsible for the creation of the coronavirus."

See if some of the stations they run, are what is in your personal viewing schedule.

#17275 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

not lids, bottoms apparently
[quoted image]

100 year warranty. Hopefully they will still be around 90 years from now. In a society where we dispose of most of our stuff I've never paid close attention to warranties but had to laugh at this one. I'm guessing they couldn't offer a lifetime warranty and keep a straight face.

#17276 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

3 minutes. Worth watching.

I have been doing that for 13 years in my job. It is becoming the new normal in life and not just because of the virus.

Most high school kids will have a buddy system. Many of the ones that don’t will suffer, but a lot of the loner types will like not being forced into the clique world of in-person school. There is no perfect one-way-fits-all system of learning, working, or even socializing.

#17277 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

MN keeping it classy with the new mask order.

I grew up down in SW Minnesota close to Marshall. Strangely, I was just relieved to see other shoppers actually say something.

#17279 3 years ago

Put her in the mail already, Daddy needs a new Elvira pinball machine!

#17280 3 years ago
9C78DAFF-7FEF-4551-82FC-4DEC0C992736 (resized).jpeg9C78DAFF-7FEF-4551-82FC-4DEC0C992736 (resized).jpeg
#17282 3 years ago

More proof masks work

D1ED2235-0B89-4025-9514-DBCB2A6362DA (resized).jpegD1ED2235-0B89-4025-9514-DBCB2A6362DA (resized).jpeg
#17283 3 years ago

I saw a pretty heated debate (argument) on the idiot box tonight.

Basically "let it rip" or "eliminate", most of the discussion was centred around economics and health, but something one ordinary person said brought a bit of perspective to sticky tape onto some of the rubbery numbers. "The Trolley Problem" is what "we" are faced with.

Also some were pointing out that any deaths due to "chosen treatments" for Covid (lockdowns, wearing masks, no lockdowns, physical distancing, close schools, economic measures... etc.) need to be considered for deaths as a result of Covid. If Covid never came about (nor any of the possible reactions to it), how many deaths would not have happened?. In other words, the Covid pandemic Can Kill You even if you do not contract Covid, where you conceivably Would Not have died in a covid-free world. Once it can be determined what costs lives and what saves lives, well, then there are some tough decisions to make.... aren't there.

The question remains: what is the solution to the Trolley Problem? ... No Solution?, No Problem?.

trolley-problem (resized).jpgtrolley-problem (resized).jpg

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

image-1024x603 (resized).pngimage-1024x603 (resized).png

Here's an interesting set of extended circumstances to consider...

Some interesting comments in there, had to laugh at the first one based on the actual clip: "But that one dude is the one only working. I'm gonna save him!" . Lol

#17284 3 years ago

Wearing masks: Girl friend and I went to her local Walmart. This state is under orders from the Governor to be wearing masks in all the places you should be wearing masks. But the county commissioners don't push for masks and the police say they won't enforce it.

Walmart finally stood up and said masks are required to enter into Walmart, but then backtracked and said they would not bar anyone from the store if they did not have a mask.

The Walmart in the smaller town where GF lives had a dispenser for masks at the front door and was giving free masks to anyone who needed one.

Inside, most people were masked up. However, there were 2 families, each with 2 young children who think they are better than everyone else. No masks. All 4 adults look like they had trouble getting past 6th grade in school.

I said to GF, let's get out of here. We cut our shopping short and left the store.

I find I am getting way less tolerant to being in a retail shop where some are not masking up.

#17285 3 years ago
106342037_3244957235560863_4387716994765897444_n (2) (resized).jpg106342037_3244957235560863_4387716994765897444_n (2) (resized).jpg
#17286 3 years ago

The Miami Marlins baseball team is having a major outbreak and has canceled the next game. They said on ESPN that 40% of the team has the virus.
I don't see how baseball is going to be able to continue if even one more team has a similar outbreak.

Forget about college football and other sports that are not playing in a bubble environment in the US.

#17288 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

[quoted image]

Don't forget to take care of business completely.

BB2CB-6 (resized).jpgBB2CB-6 (resized).jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/when-horse-diapers-and-freedom-of-religion-collide

" Two Amish men in Auburn, Ky., filed a lawsuit last month saying a city ordinance requiring horses to wear equine diapers—bags designed to catch manure—violated the ability of Amish residents to exercise their religion.

" Residents of Auburn say the issue has divided the town of about 1,300 for years. Members of the town’s Amish community have refused to comply with the ordinance, saying equine diapers violate the community’s religious standards. That stance has landed many of them in court, or worse.

#17289 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Miami Marlins baseball team is having a major outbreak and has canceled the next game. They said on ESPN that 40% of the team has the virus.
I don't see how baseball is going to be able to continue if even one more team has a similar outbreak.
Forget about college football and other sports that are not playing in a bubble environment in the US.

Yeah, Phillies played them this past weekend. No news yet of any positive cases on the Phillies. (Yet)

#17290 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Don't forget to take care of business completely.
[quoted image]
https://www.foxnews.com/us/when-horse-diapers-and-freedom-of-religion-collide
" Two Amish men in Auburn, Ky., filed a lawsuit last month saying a city ordinance requiring horses to wear equine diapers—bags designed to catch manure—violated the ability of Amish residents to exercise their religion.
" Residents of Auburn say the issue has divided the town of about 1,300 for years. Members of the town’s Amish community have refused to comply with the ordinance, saying equine diapers violate the community’s religious standards. That stance has landed many of them in court, or worse.

Oddly enough, I think that is the strangest thing I have read in this thread so far.

#17291 3 years ago

My friend and her husband just tested positive for coronavirus the other day. In my opinion, they are perfect examples of why this country is so fucked right now. This whole time they have been eating out at restaurants, socializing with other families, allowing their kids to hang out with groups of other kids, etc ... often without masks. Who knows how many people they gave it to before they came down with symptoms.

#17292 3 years ago

Nascar, hopefully basketball, golf. Is Earl Anthony still bowling?

#17293 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Is Earl Anthony still bowling?

LOL! It's so funny how the only pro bowler most people can name is Earl Anthony. He's certainly the only one I can name. According to Wikipedia, he died in 2001.

#17294 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Nascar, hopefully basketball, golf. Is Earl Anthony still bowling?

Don’t forget horse racing!!

#17295 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

LOL! It's so funny how the only pro bowler most people can name is Earl Anthony. He's certainly the only one I can name. According to Wikipedia, he died in 2001.

Pete Weber with his cool shades and temper, The Big Fin from Michigan. One of my favs is
Amleto Monacelli.

#17297 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This is an interesting article a friend sent me.

I'm guessing it makes America looks like a bunch of morons? We've looked like morons since I don't know when, why would NOW be any different?

#17298 3 years ago

Luckydogg420 posted an EXCELLENT video above about masks. Should be required viewing for every US citizen.

If this sort of information would have been put out by the government on the major networks from the start we probably wouldn’t have our current spike.

#17299 3 years ago

My stay-at-home philosophy in a nutshell:

Screenshot_20200727-121603~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200727-121603~2 (resized).png
There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/346?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.