272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 576.
#17200 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No it is just called planning. Being a good boyscout and being prepared. Isn't it?
Easily discredited by many as just "seen on interwebs" (by that logic, isn't everything these days? lol), and yeah I certainly observed a couple of potential discrepancies myself... but sometimes shocking facts are found alongside discrepancies. The catch is, if you don't take all of it in, some of the reasonable information inevatably gets missed all together. Pieces of puzzle Need putting Together. Everybody try watch all of this, not even 10 minutes, and pick out the things that don't make any sense.... ?
*Actually may be confronting. You know how sometimes you kinda wish you didn't see or learn something, but still know it's better to see it and understand something more (even if it's questionable, or only partially makes sense). This is one of those, that raises seemingly unfathomable questions...

Classic examples where some is BS and some is obviously real. It's up to the individual to filter, unfortunately "free" press can't be relied upon anymore. Ima just tell myself the car companies need that many car carriers, anyway.
Better off being prepared, that is for sure. The question I find lingering is, whom is preparing? ...for what?
Doesn't matter whom you are, the story you subscribe to is going to have at least some holes in it. Nothing's perfect. "And that's the waaaaaay the news goes!"
You all probably aught to know, those algorithms do a good job of keeping things that should be low key, well .... low key. I'd have to punt 90% of those views there are international, region controlled content?... heck maybe many folk here just find broken links. All I know is I can view them. Maybe because probably only 19 pinheads are going to look at it, it might get to stay flag free for a little while before the URL gets revised, again.
Whatever the real story is, I seriously feel for all you mob over there.

The fact that you felt compelled to share that 2nd video is fascinating. It really is a window into a day in the life of a few posters in this thread.

#17201 3 years ago

I want to acquire my immunity from a vaccine instead of someone else's snot. But choosing which one? I might wait and see which line Fauci is standing in before I make my decision.

The Navy shot me up with with a lot vaccines when I was in, never gave it any thought whatsoever. Not that my thoughts would have mattered, lol. It would be a little scary to be in the military today though, as the decision process for which vaccine goes to the military and their families might not be made by the scientists and doctors.

#17202 3 years ago

New York Times has a good summary of the vaccine contenders and it's not behind a pay wall:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html?auth=linked-google1tap

#17203 3 years ago

I'm not anti vax but I am certainly not that keen to be an early adopter. This is mostly encouraging though:

Each of these vaccines had side effects in trials such as fatigue, fever, headache, muscle pain, or pain at the injection site. None of these were life-threatening, or bad enough to stop trials or prevent trials moving to the next development phase. They did occur at a higher rate than people may expect.

The severity of the side effects may pale in comparison to the effects of getting Covid-19 and many people will be more than happy to trade off a fever and headache for a day for protection from a virus that has already killed over 600,000 people.

Full article: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/newsroom-co-nz/300064997/coronavirus-be-prepared-for-covid19-vaccine-side-effects

#17204 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I stopped by Walmart, the shelves for toilet paper and Kleenex still completely empty. Find that hard to believe there is still a shortage.
They did have center aisle of generic Kleenex for $4,48 3 pack.

It’s worth a Costco/Sams membership just for this. My last couple visits both had Charmin. I bought a package each time.

#17205 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV.

"Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?"
7BEF0488-7B3A-4255-9425-F17EF37F8727.gif7BEF0488-7B3A-4255-9425-F17EF37F8727.gif

#17206 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I want to acquire my immunity from a vaccine instead of someone else's snot.

Winning quote of the day!!!

#17209 3 years ago

Let's not forget that, although these vaccines are being fast-tracked, they are still undergoing extensive human trials. So, unless you are participating in a trial, you're not going to be among the first to get a vaccine.

#17210 3 years ago

I enjoy a good conspiracy theory.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/false-coffin-corner/

Summary - the "giant plastic coffins" are the output of a coffin vault factory. It is the most inexpensive and popular type of vault used, and folks have been telling various tales about the storage field since '07. (coffins are buried in cement or plastic vaults to keep the ground from sinking over time)

#17211 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV.

Holy shit... How did you do that??

#17212 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I enjoy a good conspiracy theory.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/false-coffin-corner/
Summary - the "giant plastic coffins" are the output of a coffin vault factory. It is the most inexpensive and popular type of vault used, and folks have been telling various tales about the storage field since '07. (coffins are buried in cement or plastic vaults to keep the ground from sinking over time)

Lol ... That's the best one I've heard yet!

More theories than facts. Questions with volume, conflicting unreasonable "information"... anyway, entertaining, and still containing fragments of realistic information.

Also basic counting, math. Their count 125,000 in the video is fairly consistent with the numbers of flat top stacks shown in several visual pans. So there is questionable information in the link, they must be implying that 9/10ths of what is seen in the videos is cgi or/and some bad math? . Maybe

Why are all those lids flat again? ... unlike the "other" tens of thousands with bubble lids that are produced for "general use"? . I dunno, just a question.

It shows sometimes when people don't really watch or take in all of a vid.

#17213 3 years ago

I had those when I was a kid, all was ok, only a little memory of scary needles hurting for a few seconds. (along with other memories that seemed to involve the medicine being in a sugar cube that was tasty). Been decades now but I remember sugar cubes that were about the same size as a dice.

About 33 years ago my doctor at the time talked me into a flu shot. I got extremally sick after that and I never did that again.

Before all this current mess came up I had never even thought about social distancing to not catch what someone else may have, and I prefer this, and a mask while at the store, versus some drug that may end up giving me side affects that are even worse than what I was trying to take care of in the first place.

(and I like a fist bump a hell of a lot better than a handshake. Seems like people would just try to squeeze my hand way too damn hard). I never had a clue why a handshake seemed to be about whoever has the hardest squeeze, but seemed like that was all it was anymore.

Anyway, when a vaccine comes out if it has a side affect that turns you purple, I will just get some spray paint so I can look the same, but I will keep the at least 6 foot rule going on, and a mask, and a fist bump at the most.

I just do not trust drugs. They do not work well for me.

I have had a few surgeries, and always prescribed pain killers, and the minute they wore down my head would kill me, and I was always wtf, I did not just have surgery on my head, and now it hurts worse than what I was being treated for.

Going to the doctor tomorrow for my back pain, he is off on Thursdays.

#17214 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Why are all those lids flat again?

not lids, bottoms apparently

Premium_Metal_Caskets_20140224_100816_20140224_100819 (resized).jpgPremium_Metal_Caskets_20140224_100816_20140224_100819 (resized).jpg

#17215 3 years ago

Wow. Now we’re into conspiracy theory posting, but advice from the cdc is passed by.

#17216 3 years ago

For anyone else working remote due to Covid do you think you will be back in the office by the end of summer (or already back), or not until sometime next year? Been working remote here since early March.

#17217 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For anyone else working remote due to Covid do you think you will be back in the office by the end of summer (or already back), or not until sometime next year? Been working remote here since early March.

I work for a company based overseas, which I mention bc they take this VERY seriously. They’ve opened the local offices back up but the capacity is greatly reduced. No more than 15% are allowed to be there plus additional regulations about no cube neighbors being in on the same day. We’ve managed to stay fully productive working at almost 100% remote, so there’s no rush from management to get us all back in the office.

For me personally, I’ve gone back in 2x and somewhat enjoyed having the facilities to myself, so I could see popping in once in a while to get stuff done without distractions. Most of my work revolves around people management though, so if they aren’t there, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for me to be there either.

Long term, we were having issues with crowding in the offices anyway, so I could see them continuing this arrangement for longer than the pandemic might require. It saves them lots of $$ with not having to get a larger space (plus all the amenities like coffee, toiletries, etc). I’m enjoying being at home and avoiding the 40 minute commute, but I do miss having access to my double monitor setup and the big printers.

#17218 3 years ago

Working for the government in The Netherlands, working from home until the end of the year.
Gov-offices are going to be at 30% of the population they used to be.

#17219 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

Just get cremated , so much cheaper.

#17220 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Holy shit... How did you do that??

No one has done what he has done. This is supposed to be difficult.

#17221 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Let's not forget that, although these vaccines are being fast-tracked, they are still undergoing extensive human trials. So, unless you are participating in a trial, you're not going to be among the first to get a vaccine.

Yes, but:

It’s going to take a lot more than 30,000 volunteers in order to have an acceptable confidence interval on adverse reactions in a group of 1,000,000. Traditional vaccine development methods can use a “similar to” argument to previous medicines to help produce this confidence interval without additional testing.

For the new medicine approaches, they cannot use a similar to argument (since it is an entirely new approach). It will be interesting to see how they calculate/justify their margin of safety.

It’s kinda like building airplanes. As long as the new model is similar to a previous model, you can either skip entirely or do a limited testing protocol. Works very well nearly all the time. Big problems crop up if you apply the approach incorrectly. Just ask Boeing.

#17222 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yup, cause they never find any new adverse side effects once a medication / vaccine is released into the public.
You line up ..... I'm going to give it a few months

#17223 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They have already told us it will be permanent. Maybe go in a couple times a month to see who we work with.

Not looking forward to that at all. I enjoy my friends at work. This will leave me with only my pinball circle and well you know how strange that group is

#17224 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yup, cause they never find any new adverse side effects once a medication / vaccine is released into the public.

If one becomes available, the vaccine will probably be prioritized to health care workers, high risk patients, military, essential workers, and those traveling to high risk areas first. If you work at a meat packing plant for example, getting the shot at work would probably be a condition of employment.

I can imagine it would be more than a few months before it is available for everyone at the corner CVS like a routine annual flu shot.

#17225 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

B269AB3C-61AF-4E36-AB86-C49E54483CB3 (resized).jpegB269AB3C-61AF-4E36-AB86-C49E54483CB3 (resized).jpeg
#17226 3 years ago

I just wish there was a consistent message. Wear the mask or not? Social distance or not. This is why you get people that aren't sure what to do, when you get people "in charge" that don't practice what they preach. NFL says they require all fans to wear masks, what's gonna stop them from doing what the Dr. is doing while watching the game?

fraudci (resized).pngfraudci (resized).png
#17227 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Truth is that the elderly, the military and the high risk are going to be the guinea pigs for this vaccine. Those of normal health and risk will have no choice but to wait a few months, and by the time our opportunity comes we will either have proof that it's safe or we will have zombies.

#17228 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

Screenshot_20200724-102051~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200724-102051~2 (resized).png
#17229 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Lol ... That's the best one I've heard yet!
More theories than facts. Questions with volume, conflicting unreasonable "information"... anyway, entertaining, and still containing fragments of realistic information.
Also basic counting, math. Their count 125,000 in the video is fairly consistent with the numbers of flat top stacks shown in several visual pans. So there is questionable information in the link, they must be implying that 9/10ths of what is seen in the videos is cgi or/and some bad math? . Maybe
Why are all those lids flat again? ... unlike the "other" tens of thousands with bubble lids that are produced for "general use"? . I dunno, just a question.
It shows sometimes when people don't really watch or take in all of a vid.

I don't understand the video you shared - there's a guy on his computer, reading some fringe websites, and their main source is a guy named "Brian" - why should we give these videos extra consideration or attention?

#17230 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I just wish there was a consistent message. Wear the mask or not? Social distance or not. This is why you get people that aren't sure what to do, when you get people "in charge" that don't practice what they preach. NFL says they require all fans to wear masks, what's gonna stop them from doing what the Dr. is doing while watching the game?[quoted image]

This guy says he won't goto restaurants, but yet he is at a ball game close to others. This may very well be a cardboard cutout they talked about 6 weeks ago.

#17231 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Rona has re-ignited a war that's been resting for a century+ ... the New era of Victorian disease is upon us now and borders are in the spotlight again.
Feel bad for those in amongst it tho, screaminr

Lol , nice try at kicking us while we're down .
To suggest there's a war , assumes there's competition .
Let me think what does SA have ? Besides being a desert . Oh yeah , wine , churches , horrible water that makes horrible beer and meat pies in pea soup
No wonder even the coronavirus doesn't want to go there
By the way how are the Crows going

#17232 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I just wish there was a consistent message. Wear the mask or not? Social distance or not. This is why you get people that aren't sure what to do, when you get people "in charge" that don't practice what they preach. NFL says they require all fans to wear masks, what's gonna stop them from doing what the Dr. is doing while watching the game?[quoted image]

This image is he and his "party" in a large outdoor park with no one closer than 6' that isn't in his party.
This is consistent with common sense and on message
When walking into the common areas he prob wears the mask and tries to keep the 6'
In reality it isn't always possible
But as a rule... Everyone should be trying to do this when they go out ....then ...going out and opening up certain areas of the economy will not lead to huge spikes in infection.

This is THE message

Be smart

#17233 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

From the Washington Post:
Dr. Fauci pushed back on the critics Friday on Fox News, saying he was dehydrated and was drinking water. He also noted he tested negative for the coronavirus hours before. He was sitting with his wife and friend of the same household.

“I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself,” Dr. Fauci said.
“I wear a mask all the time when I am outside,” he added. “If people want to make something about that they can, but to me, I think that is mischievous.”

#17234 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Dr. Fauci pushed back on the critics Friday on Fox News, saying he was dehydrated and was drinking water. He also noted he tested negative for the coronavirus hours before. He was sitting with his wife and friend.
“I wear a mask all the time when I am outside,” he added. “If people want to make something about that they can, but to me, I think that is mischievous.”

He doesnt appear to be drinking, his hands are empty and the bottle is in his lap.

#17236 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I work for a company based overseas, which I mention bc they take this VERY seriously. They’ve opened the local offices back up but the capacity is greatly reduced. No more than 15% are allowed to be there plus additional regulations about no cube neighbors being in on the same day. We’ve managed to stay fully productive working at almost 100% remote, so there’s no rush from management to get us all back in the office.
For me personally, I’ve gone back in 2x and somewhat enjoyed having the facilities to myself, so I could see popping in once in a while to get stuff done without distractions. Most of my work revolves around people management though, so if they aren’t there, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for me to be there either.
Long term, we were having issues with crowding in the offices anyway, so I could see them continuing this arrangement for longer than the pandemic might require. It saves them lots of $$ with not having to get a larger space (plus all the amenities like coffee, toiletries, etc). I’m enjoying being at home and avoiding the 40 minute commute, but I do miss having access to my double monitor setup and the big printers.

That sounds like a good approach. Like you said the remote work will save a lot of companies money in the long run by not needing as many buildings. I think we are going to see a lot more companies switch to at least a hybrid approach of having employees come in some days, work remote the others. People will likely be more happy because of it.

I feel like I can get so much more done working from home and the 1.5 hours I would spend commuting per day can now be used for running errands, working around the house, etc. Driving 45 minutes to work, working 8 hours, then 45 minutes home, and then spending another hour cutting the grass or shoveling snow sucked. Things just seem less stressful working from home.

Quoted from Gomer1969:

They have already told us it will be permanent. Maybe go in a couple times a month to see who we work with.
Not looking forward to that at all. I enjoy my friends at work. This will leave me with only my pinball circle and well you know how strange that group is

Wow, yeah I've heard of a few companies going permanent work from home, that's a big change. I'm with ya about seeing coworkers, every once in a while is good. With working full remote collaboration seems harder, there's little to no sense of a team, etc. Before all of this I was working 3 days remote, and 2 days in the office which I thought was a good balance. Once this is all over I would still want to go into the office at least once a week. There's something nice about getting out the house, seeing coworkers in person, and walking around the city at lunch.

#17237 3 years ago

Sounds like a reasonable answer to me.
Like anything else, SO MANY things can be taken out of context.
He should use a straw next time, just sayin'

#17238 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Dr. Fauci pushed back on the critics Friday on Fox News, saying he was dehydrated and was drinking water. He also noted he tested negative for the coronavirus hours before. He was sitting with his wife and friend.

That 1st pitch wore him out!! Looks like he never threw a ball in his life.

#17239 3 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

He doesnt appear to be drinking, his hands are empty and the bottle is in his lap.

Yep this photo is clear evidence that that anti mask it's just the flu f*** wits are right. Forget about using your brain and making an informed and rational choice given the particular circumstances.

#17240 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

He was trying to make sure no one "caught" it. It still wasn't as bad of a first pitch as "Bad News Booey" It was the worst throw in the history of balls!

#17242 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

He is close to 80 years old. Most 80 year-olds I know are having their driver's licenses taken away or failing the DMV eyesight test. None of them can throw a baseball accurately from 60 feet.

#17243 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I am 100 percent sure we won't be back this year. Fine with me. I hope we never go back.

#17245 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

This guy says he won't goto restaurants, but yet he is at a ball game close to others. This may very well be a cardboard cutout they talked about 6 weeks ago.

Cycling this picture around is as stupid as people people taking video stills as examples of what people look like. Trying to have a 'gotcha' moment while ignoring everything around it.

Like sitting next to your wife and friend ... in an otherwise EMPTY ballpark...

#17246 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He is close to 80 years old. Most 80 year-olds I know are having their driver's licenses taken away or failing the DMV eyesight test. None of them can throw a baseball accurately from 60 feet.

Most American males born in 1940 are dead. He's in great shape for his age.

Coronavirus finally struck family this week. Two of them definitely have it. Two more probably have it. And a whole bunch may have it. They don't wear masks and they continue to socialize and eat out together like everything is normal. Hopefully, it won't be severe and serves as a wake-up call to everyone. The 2 that definitely have it are not the healthiest by any means.

A friend has 6 infected family members. Stay away from Florida.

#17247 3 years ago

Checks out...

B1D1A401-F01B-412C-9E9C-E3275A22EECF (resized).jpegB1D1A401-F01B-412C-9E9C-E3275A22EECF (resized).jpeg
#17248 3 years ago

I am in the live music production industry. I have been in this business for over 20 years
We have been at a dead stop since March and I can tell you, with authority, all tours that haven't cancelled or postponed til 2021 yet are just riding out the advance and don't want to refund tickets until they have to.
There will be no concerts or tours of any substance until the spring of 2021.
There has to be additional federal unemployment aid for the literal millions of people in this gig economy
There are not nearly enough other jobs for these specialized workers to filter out to.

#17249 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cycling this picture around is as stupid as people people taking video stills as examples of what people look like. Trying to have a 'gotcha' moment while ignoring everything around it.
Like sitting next to your wife and friend ... in an otherwise EMPTY ballpark...

Yeah I just don't understand this CONSTANT and pointless urge to work some kind of an angle on Dr Fauci.

If I were at an empty ballpark with three people I spend a lot of time with I wouldn't be wearing a mask either.

Glad to see Dr. Fauci's critics are such sticklers for consistency (eye roll) and demand it from all their public officials (triple eye roll).

This fight is over in case you hadn't noticed - it's official, no matter what your general point of view; masks are good.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/345?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.