272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 576.
#17150 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Starting this Saturday, you must wear a mask when in indoor public places in Minnesota.

Everyday I am thankful I am not in an indoor space in Minnesota,

#17152 3 years ago

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV.

#17153 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We have a new number. The Govt. has raised the 140,000 number of people who will die up 220,000 dead by November 1.
And a change of narrative:
" Trump warns U.S. coronavirus outbreak will probably ‘get worse before it gets better".
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/21/trump-warns-us-coronavirus-outbreak-will-probably-get-worse-before-it-gets-better.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail
" Trump said Tuesday that state leaders across the U.S. are working “very, very hard,” adding the state of Florida “is in a big tough position."
The above statement qualifies for the "No Shit" award. Sorry Florida.
" He reiterated his claim that the virus would “disappear,” something public health officials and infectious disease experts dispute. Experts, including at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, have warned cases and deaths could rise this fall.
“The virus will disappear. It will disappear,” Trump said."
===================================================================
" Dr. Anthony Fauci warns the coronavirus won’t ever be eradicated."
" U.S. health officials do not see “an end in sight” to the pandemic. "
" Fauci’s comments are at odds with President Donald Trump, who reiterated his claim Tuesday evening that the virus would disappear. The president’s remark comes amid warnings from experts, including at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that Covid-19 cases and deaths could rise this fall."
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/22/dr-anthony-fauci-warns-the-coronavirus-wont-ever-be-totally-eradicated.html

And then one day, poof! Like a miracle the Earth will disappear. Engulfed by the Sun. It will disappear. It will disappear though. I’m very right about that.

#17154 3 years ago

My back has been killing me for 3 days now.

While ago my girlfriend asked why I was dealing with all this and had already not went to my doctor like I used to.

I just looked at her with a "well..." facial expression, and she said "oh yeah, you are trying to stay away from medical offices".

I have no clue how all this mess started, but I am ready for it to be gone. In the meantime I am suffering a tad trying to stay isolated.

#17155 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Off-topic, but you reminded me of my favorite living situation. In the early 90’s, I rented a room from a photographer who had rented a small office building right in the heart of downtown Atlanta. He did mostly erotic photography there in a big open area. I wasn’t allowed back there during the shoots, but sometimes he’d leave the proofs lying around. Upstairs was storage for the landlord’s 20-something vintage motorcycles. It was about a block from The Masquerade, before that was moved to Underground Atlanta. I miss urban living.

I have no idea why your post got thumbed down, unless someone's senses were harmed by the use of the word "erotic".

#17156 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

"The Party Bros" trying to give out free masks at Huntington Beach. They're met with more resistance than not.

Well, it looks like a dose of evoulution is going to be flavor of the month at Huntington Beach ...

#17157 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

And then one day, poof! Like a miracle the Earth will disappear. Engulfed by the Sun. It will disappear. It will disappear though. I’m very right about that.

Eventually you’ll be right.

#17158 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Everyday I am thankful I am not in an indoor space in Minnesota,

So are the people that are in those spaces.

#17159 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have no idea why your post got thumbed down, unless someone's senses were harmed by the use of the word "erotic".

I did not thumb at all. I wanted to thumb up, except for the wish for city life again.

Hell no, the burbs are the place to be for health and security.

TV needs to start airing more Green Acres and Andy Griffith shows about right about now(maybe this should be in the old when topic).

#17160 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Downvotes are okay. They need to be there, so the world goes around. Only ever getting upvotes would be so borrrriiiing.

Nothing so bad about being able to disapprove of something. I think.

Maybe that's what <the real world> needs .... introduce Downvotes. ?! lol

*I downvoted it because I was disapointed there were no pics attached of Motorcycles and/or "proofs"?
It was a rash decicion though and I changed my thought

#17162 3 years ago

There happy. A downvote for you

#17163 3 years ago

Here’s 20 questions to ask your school before sending your kids back. It’s from a group of professors at Harvard who are collaborating across specialty to provide guidelines for reopening schools safely.

Interactive link here: https://schools.forhealth.org/risk-reduction-strategies-for-reopening-schools/faqs/

3586302A-14AF-4AD9-B3D9-98C4742A08CA (resized).png3586302A-14AF-4AD9-B3D9-98C4742A08CA (resized).png
#17164 3 years ago

NM

#17165 3 years ago

I stopped by Walmart, the shelves for toilet paper and Kleenex still completely empty. Find that hard to believe there is still a shortage.

They did have center aisle of generic Kleenex for $4,48 3 pack.

#17166 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

AstraZeneca has already stated they are going to sell the vaccine at cost if approved. So you're an anti-vaxxer? Are you also a member of the Flat Earth Society?

Line up boys and get injected with something that you have no idea what it is! Don't worry about what may happen to you down the road, it’ll be just fine! We’re the gubberment, you can trust us!

#17167 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

AstraZeneca has already stated they are going to sell the vaccine at cost if approved. So you're an anti-vaxxer? Are you also a member of the Flat Earth Society?

Funny I was beginning to think you must be one?. Poor sods anyway. I feel genuinely sorry for them, it isn't their fault, too poorly educated to know better... and maybe you shouldn't throw stones either before you investigate more thoroughly, hey?... nothing personal, but it is humanly possible maybe that you could be missing something mate. No more selectively glossing over with bias. Dig up a wider variety of information, including some more that is reliable or verifyable, so that you can have Good reason. Maybe even just more reading posts to discover I support vaccination, since it works for many things.

Anyway I will say again I'm no anti-vaxer, maybe repeated just for those whom only pay attention to half of 3/5ths of what is on offer in front them. Is "Anti-Vaxer!" your default catchcry for anyone realising instant safe CV "vaccine" is a pipedream?

Physical distance
Wash hands
Wear Mask!

Get Symptoms, zoom your GP and get some treatment from the pharmacy. Keep ISOLATED for .... x days?

Interesting, "Quarantine" translated = 40 Days. But nowdays "they" decided 14 days is plenty?

#17168 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

There happy. A downvote for you

TY!

#17170 3 years ago

I have a technical question about the moderation here. It’s set to mod approval, but the above post was approved and then moderated? Why was it approved if it was going to be moderated?

#17171 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Line up boys and get injected with something that you have no idea what it is! Don't worry about what may happen to you down the road, it’ll be just fine! We’re the gubberment, you can trust us!

The ironic thing is a lot of people who are anti-VAX are willing to be infected with a virus that we know very little about and seems to have a very wide array of Horrible symptoms and long-term effects, a lot of which is not known yet. Virus never leaves your body you can always show up later with the unknown symptoms even 20 years down the line. Don’t count for a second that taking a vaccine like this would be any more dangerous than being exposed to a deadly virus that has unknown consequences down the line and seems to not cause herd immunity.

#17172 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't vaccines take more than 4 months to come up with.? Lots and lots of testing needed. Animals , then human test subjects. Perhaps they had something up their "sleeve" all along. .

#17173 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

My back has been killing me for 3 days now.
While ago my girlfriend asked why I was dealing with all this and had already not went to my doctor like I used to.
I just looked at her with a "well..." facial expression, and she said "oh yeah, you are trying to stay away from medical offices".
I have no clue how all this mess started, but I am ready for it to be gone. In the meantime I am suffering a tad trying to stay isolated.

Dude go to the doctor. No reason to be in pain. I feel safer going to the doctors office than going into work. No one at work wears the mask the right way.

#17175 3 years ago

South Florida operating at 140% occupancy in ICU.
State is asking for 2400 extra nurses as 51 Hospitals above 100%.

#17176 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I have a technical question about the moderation here. It’s set to mod approval, but the above post was approved and then moderated? Why was it approved if it was going to be moderated?

Good question. The way the system is currently set up, we have to approve a post if we want to moderate it.

#17177 3 years ago

Here in Crofton Maryland (Between DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore) they have announced online only school atleast until after the Christmas breaks. So disapointed. I would put my kids back in school tomorrow if they would let me. I am bouncing back and forth between 2 work locaitons, 1 week at site A then 1 week at site B. The idea is to keep 2 shifts completely seperate, so if 1 shift gets sick members they can quarantine and the other can double up until the quarantine is over.

#17179 3 years ago

SE PA is still trying to figure the school thing out. Thankfully, my kids are in high school so I don't have to worry about the daycare situation...

3 weeks ago, they announced full return to school. Then last week, it changed to a schedule where half the kids go to physical school Monday and Wednesday one week, Tuesday and Thursday the next, and alternate every other Friday, with the other 1/2 going in the opposite days....all based in the first letter of your last name. Other half of the days are virtual.

I'm sure that won't be confusing......

#17180 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Don't vaccines take more than 4 months to come up with.? Lots and lots of testing needed. Animals , then human test subjects. Perhaps they had something up their "sleeve" all along. .

No it is just called planning. Being a good boyscout and being prepared. Isn't it?

Easily discredited by many as just "seen on interwebs" (by that logic, isn't everything these days? lol), and yeah I certainly observed a couple of potential discrepancies myself... but sometimes shocking facts are found alongside discrepancies. The catch is, if you don't take all of it in, some of the reasonable information inevatably gets missed all together. Pieces of puzzle Need putting Together. Everybody try watch all of this, not even 10 minutes, and pick out the things that don't make any sense.... ?

*Actually may be confronting. You know how sometimes you kinda wish you didn't see or learn something, but still know it's better to see it and understand something more (even if it's questionable, or only partially makes sense). This is one of those, that raises seemingly unfathomable questions...

Classic examples where some is BS and some is obviously real. It's up to the individual to filter, unfortunately "free" press can't be relied upon anymore. Ima just tell myself the car companies need that many car carriers, anyway.

Better off being prepared, that is for sure. The question I find lingering is, whom is preparing? ...for what?

Doesn't matter whom you are, the story you subscribe to is going to have at least some holes in it. Nothing's perfect. "And that's the waaaaaay the news goes!"

You all probably aught to know, those algorithms do a good job of keeping things that should be low key, well .... low key. I'd have to punt 90% of those views there are international, region controlled content?... heck maybe many folk here just find broken links. All I know is I can view them. Maybe because probably only 19 pinheads are going to look at it, it might get to stay flag free for a little while before the URL gets revised, again.

Whatever the real story is, I seriously feel for all you mob over there.

#17181 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don’t get me wrong, I am very pro vaccine in general but I am very concerned about mass use of inadequately tested vaccines.

#17182 3 years ago

I bet that most people that get NuTTy regarding the ingredients of a vaccine don't even bother to read the ingredients in even 1/2 the food they ingest. Do you know how much garbage is in a can of diet soda let alone a soda? When was the last time you heard someone get Polio, Tetanus, Rubella, Hib, Pertussis, Rotavirus, Diphtheria, Mumps and Measles? Measles unfortunately made a come back with people not vaccinating. Sign me up for a every vaccine out there because I don't want to get a Victorian era disease.

As far as the COVID19 vaccine is concerned...I will get it and deal with the "soreness at the injection site" or "mild fever" which is what they are saying has been initially reported.

#17183 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Normally this would take a lot longer but right now EVERYONE is putting the money into this and they are using pre-existing corona research to boost this.

Keep in mind that we have to get 75%-80% of people to get the vaccine to make it effective ....so your seemingly innocuous ,conspiracy rhetoric could be quite damaging ......maybe read and listen a bit more ..talk and type less.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/health/fauci-coronavirus-vaccine-contact-tracing-aspen/index.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fauci-herd-immunity-coronavirus-vaccine/

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/26247/20200629/dr-fauci-settle-covid-19-vaccine-s-75-effective-heres.htm

#17184 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

The ironic thing is a lot of people who are anti-VAX are willing to be infected with a virus that we know very little about and seems to have a very wide array of Horrible symptoms and long-term effects, a lot of which is not known yet. Virus never leaves your body you can always show up later with the unknown symptoms even 20 years down the line. Don’t count for a second that taking a vaccine like this would be any more dangerous than being exposed to a deadly virus that has unknown consequences down the line and seems to not cause herd immunity.

Well....with a vaccine, you are definitely stuck with the consequences good or bad. If one chooses not to vaccinate, they may or may not get Covid-19. If this virus has no herd immunity then anti-vaccination people aren’t affecting anybody else by not getting the vaccine.

#17185 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200723-101345~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200723-101345~2 (resized).png
#17186 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Normally this would take a lot longer but right now EVERYONE is putting the money into this and they are using pre-existing corona research to boost this.
Keep in mind that we have to get 75%-80% of people to get the vaccine to make it effective ....so your seemingly innocuous ,conspiracy rhetoric could be quite damaging ......maybe read and listen a bit more ..talk and type less.

#17187 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/southwest-airlines-facemasks-no-exceptions/507-e3b63bb9-aca8-4780-b265-58b050d220aa?fbclid=IwAR0ddGRFOUiBawsmLKWnEMMt6y5vznkRi1WRy-X1VqzwW6msnkiJStWcv_s
"Southwest Airlines on Wednesday announced what is arguably the most restrictive rule yet on face coverings: all passengers over the age of two must wear one -- no exceptions."

That’s still not enough to get me on a plane. I imagine it will be a very long time for me. I do not trust the aviation industry.

#17188 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Don’t get me wrong, I am very pro vaccine in general but I am very concerned about mass use of inadequately tested vaccines.

As you should be.

There’s going to be a YUGE push to get SOMETHING out by October. Whether or not it’s gonna turn us all into I Am Legend zombies is not gonna be a top concern for some folks unfortunately.

#17189 3 years ago

This says it’s very unlikely to become reinfected with COVID once you’ve had it, most reports of “second infections” were just long-lingering cases. So that’s good news, anyway (and hopefully makes it more likely that vaccines could work).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/health/covid-antibodies-herd-immunity.html

#17190 3 years ago

And with the vaccines...you have traditional approaches and you have novel approaches. I am far more concerned about fast tracking the modified RNA Moderna approaches that have zero safety/efficacy track records.

All the big boys are taking a parallel approach of testing and manufacturing as opposed to a serial approach. This is risky from a business standpoint, but that’s why governments are saying they will foot the bill if it doesn’t pan out. That’s one part of getting a 2 yr vaccine in 6 months. Not too concerned about that from safety standpoint. My primary concern from this approach is you can only do so many things in parallel before you become less efficient from a time perspective (too many cooks in the kitchen).

So let’s say they pick the Top 5 and it’s actually the 6th that turns out to be the winner. All that manufactured product doesn’t work for 6th so it gets scratched. Did putting it on the back burner slow it down more than doing things the normal way?

#17191 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I don't want to get a Victorian era disease.

Keepin' it real here mate!

Era : 2020

victoria-location-on-the-australia-map (resized).jpgvictoria-location-on-the-australia-map (resized).jpg

They really can be a little bit unreasonable sometimes, history to show it too. That Vic v SA thing has been around a long time, since some surveyors made a mistooky. Just a few thousand square kilometers of arable land. Stolen. By the convicts! Lol

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-14/sa-nsw-victoria-border-dispute-reignited-amid-coronavirus/12445142

12449218-4x3-large (resized).jpg12449218-4x3-large (resized).jpg

12447512-16x9-xlarge (resized).jpg12447512-16x9-xlarge (resized).jpg

That lower SA border was intended to be about a click to the east!

"Whoops, Something doesn't line up!?" ... "Houston, we have a problem!" lol

Rona has re-ignited a war that's been resting for a century+ ... the New era of Victorian disease is upon us now and borders are in the spotlight again.

Feel bad for those in amongst it tho, screaminr

#17193 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200723-120547~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200723-120547~2 (resized).png
#17194 3 years ago

I am not anti-vaccine,
But no way am I first in line for a brand new one that was rushed to market

#17197 3 years ago

I envision a future of Esports, golf, and singles tennis.

#17198 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I envision a future of Esports, golf, and singles tennis.

Don't forget bowling. I think it was the first back (or never really went away)

#17199 3 years ago

The shits really gonna hit the fan when people realize that 50% of us wont take any covid vaccine

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/344?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.