272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 576.
#16950 3 years ago

Man, I opened a bottle the other day that was straight up moonshine. Smells fresh from the Red River County river bottoms.

#16951 3 years ago

So for all the doubters, how far over the actual numbers do you think the reported numbers are? 5%? 20%?

How much does it matter to you? Does it make the hospitals less crowded? The extra body bags superfluous?

As I have mentioned before, the most accurate analyses will come after this is all said and done and will compare the baseline expected number of death range to the actual number of deaths to produce a range of covid related deaths.

There have been a couple attempts at this to date and so far they are finding on the order of tens of thousands more deaths than anticipated based on historical averages + recorded covid deaths.

There have been coding errors. There will be more. However on the whole 10 years from now, what you will likely find is that the current official numbers are a conservative undercount.

#16952 3 years ago

Since we are talking about Dr. Pino here’s a past clip where he thinks he got Covid in December. I also think I got it from staying in a hotel in the Orlando area in December.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqoPEeSaU3W1gbgMc_cYj9k2uiLnLQ

#16953 3 years ago
A06230F9-3428-472E-AA67-8B77ED1578DF (resized).jpegA06230F9-3428-472E-AA67-8B77ED1578DF (resized).jpeg
#16954 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200718-121512~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200718-121512~3 (resized).png
#16955 3 years ago

Miami Dade ICUs are operating at 122% Capacity today.

#16956 3 years ago
3s7mbt (resized).jpg3s7mbt (resized).jpg
#16957 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Miami Dade ICUs are operating at 122% Capacity today.

And 150% next week unless some current patients die and make room for more. Totally wrong.

#16958 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What will it take?
100,000 new cases a day coming soon?
200,000 a day in a couple months?
ICUs closing? Health care collapsing?
What makes those who dont believe in Masks, feel the answer is to stop this?

We are not stopping this, we cannot stop this. This thing is ripping through the Nation, the World, right now, as was predicted late January.
Prophylactic measures like gloves and masks slow it down. It doesn't go away.
Masks and gloves, social distancing, negative- pressure air systems, these give us a sense of control. They only work if you live in a near social bubble.
The lid is off covid, it must run its course, with all of the implications. Mask-shaming is ridiculous in the larger picture.

#16959 3 years ago

Yep. Keeping kids home from school. If not for their health, then for their infant sibling and my own.

Large South Korea study shows that kids do indeed spread the virus. Under 10 yrs old do it less. 10-18 yr olds basically on par with adults.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-children-schools.html

#16960 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200714-011656~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200714-011656~2 (resized).png
#16961 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

We are not stopping this, we cannot stop this.

Totally stoppable. Just hope the southern states choose to sooner than later.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#16962 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So for all the doubters, how far over the actual numbers do you think the reported numbers are? 5%? 20%?

In the aggregate, they're undercounted.

I'd bet my last dollar on it and risk not being able to afford to play pinball again, that is the real truth.

#16963 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

We are not stopping this, we cannot stop this. This thing is ripping through the Nation, the World, right now, as was predicted late January.
Masks and gloves, social distancing, negative- pressure air systems, these give us a sense of control. They only work if you live in a near social bubble.
The lid is off covid, it must run its course, with all of the implications. Mask-shaming is ridiculous in the larger picture.

You’re right that we are not stopping this. Wrong that we cannot. You only need to look a few posts above yours to see why.

#16964 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

This thing is ripping through the Nation, the World, right now, as was predicted late January.

Seems like it's doing a lot more ripping in some countries than in others right now though. And some countries have it under enough control that they can resume relatively normal life with aggressive testing and contact tracing and not see a huge spike in cases. The US tried resuming relatively normal life without those other elements and the virus is, indeed, ripping away.

#16965 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

It has been for 140k+ people in the US alone. Show some respect.

#16966 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

It’s never to late to stop what you are doing, turn around, and go down the right path. It’s hard for some, but it’s never to late to try. Masks work, give it a try. It can’t be any worse then your country’s current course of action.

#16967 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

It has been for 140k+ people in the US alone. Show some respect.

140k+ who died. That doesn't count all other problems (health, healthcare workers, economic problems) and it's with a lot of people taking precautions, most of those problems (including a great part of the economic problems) would have been way worse otherwise.

Edit: I do agree with you, I just think problems are bigger than 'only' all the deaths.

#16969 3 years ago

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/national/dan-andrews-destroys-karen-from-brighton/video/b50e705ced893c51b5348a7205be445f
There are dumb asses all over the world . This is only really funny if you understand Melbourne culture , but put it this way " Karen from Brighton " , is from one of the richest suburbs in the state .

#16970 3 years ago

After months of telling us not to wear masks because if you fiddle with them you can increase your chances of getting the coronavirus . Now on Thursday they will be mandatory , if you do not wear one you'll get fined $200 . You have to wear one everywhere in public , including your car . I'll do my bit but I'm not going to wear while driving .

#16971 3 years ago

For people having problems with their glasses fogging up while wearing a mask .
I heard if you rub Soap on your lenses and then wipe it off , your good to go .

#16972 3 years ago
Screensho (resized).jpgScreensho (resized).jpg
#16973 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

This map is particularly ironic when you consider the early claim that hot weather would stop COVID in its tracks.

#16974 3 years ago

Here’s a humorous 1970’s Public Service Announcement About covid. Be careful what information you follow

#16975 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Mask-shaming is ridiculous in the larger picture.

Is it? Maybe people -should- feel ashamed for not wearing a mask? It's a simple thing.

#16977 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I’m not against slow, measured progress to reopening things. But instead we have states going straight from full lockdown to allowing crowds to swarm to parks and beaches, or states using the nation-wide rates to justify reopening when their own infection rates are still increasing. Meanwhile we STILL haven’t gotten our PPE supply chain fully re-established and really don’t have a cohesive structure for nation-wide testing and contact tracing. So we still don’t have any way to isolate outbreaks or fully protect the doctors treating them. I just personally find it ridiculous that we can’t maintain some strict precautions even long enough to get those two things under control to make it safer for all. And yeah, you might not need major medical treatment if you do end up coming down with it, but feeling crappy for a third of the year is still pretty damn sucky in its own right.

Two months ago, I posted this, and we still have ongoing issues with the PPE and testing supply chains, plus we’ve gotten less transparent with actual data, etc. This isn’t a completely unsolvable puzzle, but it is if no one actually takes the pieces out of the box and tries to put them together.

Oh and as an update? I’m still experiencing occasional minor asthma attacks or random aches. They may be unrelated, but since I haven’t had a break from these waves of minor crappiness every 2 weeks or so since the first exposure at the end of January, it’s hard not to see them all as being connected.

#16978 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Canada added 322 new cases, we had 65,000, yesterday.
Certainly even with issues with numbers debate, one can easily see the difference.

That difference has been effective leadership, supplies, and belief in Science and medicine.
Magic and Miracles, arent working right now, and that isnt always the best answer.

#16979 3 years ago

The numbers show the US is response to the pandemic has been the worst in the world. We broke single-day records for new cases at least 9 times in this month. The White House wants all reporting to go directly to them instead of the CDC. Now they are trying to eliminate billions from a relief proposal and from testing...yes, testing.

Denying or downplaying it’s happening, embracing conspiracy theories, criticizing the experts while playing golf has not worked at this point. It’s time to flip the dip switch from “Read-ONLY” to “WRITE” and start learn like other countries have done months ago.
19468728-C1EA-402D-AA6A-6EB7F2B2F8E7 (resized).jpeg19468728-C1EA-402D-AA6A-6EB7F2B2F8E7 (resized).jpeg7DBB2DAC-224F-4F68-A78B-40B168A36207 (resized).jpeg7DBB2DAC-224F-4F68-A78B-40B168A36207 (resized).jpeg

#16980 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200719-105322~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200719-105322~2 (resized).png
#16984 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Magic and Miracles,

You should add defiance as well. I am starting to feel like We better hope we all have a good immune system man....

#16985 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The numbers show the US is response to the pandemic has been the worst in the world. We broke single-day records for new cases at least 9 times in this month. The White House wants all reporting to go directly to them instead of the CDC. Now they are trying to eliminate billions from a relief proposal and from testing...yes, testing. Denying or downplaying it’s happening, embracing conspiracy theories while playing golf has not worked at this point. It’s time to flip the dip switch from “Read-ONLY” to “WRITE” and start learn like other countries have done months ago.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah the movement to defund covid testing is as insane as it is predictable.

Every day is worse than the next. We need a dramatic change of course.

#16986 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

After months of telling us not to wear masks because if you fiddle with them you can increase your chances of getting the coronavirus . Now on Thursday they will be mandatory , if you do not wear one you'll get fined $200 . You have to wear one everywhere in public , including your car . I'll do my bit but I'm not going to wear while driving .

https://nypost.com/2020/04/24/driver-crashes-car-after-passing-out-from-wearing-n95-mask/

Zero point of wearing a mask in your own vehicle, when by yourself (especially with modern vehicle filtration systems). Zero chance in hell I'd abide by that stupidity.

#16987 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every day is worse than the next. We need a dramatic change of course.

And that change of course needs to come from state's governors' because the federal government is failing at controlling this.

#16989 3 years ago

Everybody is wearing a mask...

satin (resized).jpgsatin (resized).jpg
#16990 3 years ago
lisa (resized).jpglisa (resized).jpg
#16992 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/24/driver-crashes-car-after-passing-out-from-wearing-n95-mask/
Zero point of wearing a mask in your own vehicle, when by yourself (especially with modern vehicle filtration systems). Zero chance in hell I'd abide by that stupidity.

I have driven with my mask on a couple of times, and that was because I was down to one mask and my hands had probably gotten contaminated. I didn't want to risk contaminating the mask. So, after arriving home and washing my hands, then I took off my mask. And then of course wiped down the car surfaces.

#16993 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

crashes-car-after-passing-out-from-wearing-n95-mask/

Tabloid clickbait. Everyone that crashes their car comes up with some excuse.

Factory/construction/medical workers in all sorts of jobs have been using masks forever and fainting from it is not a thing.

#16994 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Canada added 322 new cases, we had 65,000, yesterday.
Certainly even with issues with numbers debate, one can easily see the difference.
That difference has been effective leadership, supplies, and belief in Science and medicine.
Magic and Miracles, arent working right now, and that isnt always the best answer.

Please describe a "Case". Is this someone who merely tested positive? Or someone who is actively ill, or dying? Science and medicine have admitted there is no cure, or has that changed? By what criteria do you base the statement miracles are't working?
Thanks.

#16995 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It’s never to late to stop what you are doing, turn around, and go down the right path. It’s hard for some, but it’s never to late to try. Masks work, give it a try. It can’t be any worse then your country’s current course of action.

I wear a n-95 whenever I am in Public places, and have done so since January. My issue is not with masks. I supplied my Daughters family with them and they do the same.
My issue is with current mask-shaming, a group / gang mentality that uses excessive peer pressure to enforce a creed among strangers, giving the one shaming a sense of power and superiority.
This is an ancient form of group-think that creates Karens. It's really no one else business.
Also, nobody has explained to me what actual benefit Testing does. As I see it Testing will lead to Scarlet-Letter type shaming, control of individual limits on freedom, Government intervention on private health records that use to be restricted under HIPPA rules.
At its worst it could involve and invasive ID system that could control free movement, Commerce, and Tracking by anonymous Agencies /Individuals prying in private lives including your movements, friends and purchases.

#16996 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

A couple of Months ago the North and West was inundated with red. Before that Oregon and Washington. It is now running its course through the South. In a couple of Months perhaps it will be North Dakota? Other little hit areas?
Of course politicians in certain areas are bragging its all due to their efforts, and dumb asses elsewhere need to get on board whatever the flavor of the Month Program is being touted.
Remember too many uncomfortable Studies done not too long ago, remember the one that a majority of cases were transmitted by those/to those who stayed at home?
Forced isolation has minimal effect. Governors have little effect. Mandatory invasive laws have little effect.
The Downvote Brigade can have all the fun they obviously love, Super Karens in action.
Nobody is stopping this and noone is to blame except the one who released it. Beyond the powers of mere mortals without resorting to Draconian measures which we have proven are more destructive to our Economy, or health and well being and long term survival than this coronavirus.

#16997 3 years ago

Well it's here in my town. Veikle seed plant has a outbreak apparently. My wife was dropping off some lettuce for a senior and she told us about it. Look it up and sure enough the plant is closed.

#16998 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

It's sad to see someone that's given up fighting and trying and just settles for the worst possible outcome. I was raised differently. I stocked up on food and safety supplies, I always where a mask in public unless I'm socially distanced outside, I'm staying away from my friends and family, and I'm determined fight.

#16999 3 years ago

DeWine warns Ohio 'could become Florida' as cases rise.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dewine-warns-ohio-could-become-florida-as-cases-rise-2020-7?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Edit: Typical downvote from Who-Dey (and "Click") but figured it would be of particular interest to you.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/340?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.