272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 576.
#16900 3 years ago

New cast member Sicky Mouse

sicky_mouse (resized).pngsicky_mouse (resized).png
#16901 3 years ago

So, an aging game show host put up a Tweet saying everybody is lying about Covid. The Prez. picks up the tweet and retweets it.

That was then. This is now.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/us/chuck-woolery-son-covid-19/index.html

"Former game show host deactivates Twitter account after his son contracts Covid-19"

" Woolery made news late Sunday when President Donald Trump retweeted Woolery saying everyone is lying about Covid-19.

"The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying," Woolery said in that tweet.

This statement is the best. He almost sounds like a TV "news" reporter.

"The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it," his tweet said.

#16902 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Oh man how embarrassing

Really haunts me I did that Cotton! Dammit!

#16903 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

New cast member Sicky Mouse[quoted image]

Micky needs a Plague mask to wear. Looks like a perfect fit.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#16904 3 years ago

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-meeting-masks-cancelled-when-residents-without-masks-pack-room-n1234017

Some of the choice views from the public that filled the meeting about schools and masks by not wearing masks or social distancing.

“We are perpetuating a lie,” one woman who said she has five grandchildren said. “COVID is a hoax. It’s a lie. It’s a political stunt," The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

A mother suggested that masks cut down on a person’s oxygen, and a father said COVID-19 is no different than the flu, according to the Tribune.

Another parent of two children, ages 10 and 3, said she is concerned that wearing a mask would teach her older child to fear the world and that both of her kids would not learn proper socialization if their faces were covered, the Tribune reported.

“It’s going to rewire their brains,” the mother said. “I’m especially not going to send my son back to have his mind broken.”

Are we giving more crazy people access to the global megaphone or have they just always been here?

#16906 3 years ago

The only wall that should exist between Canada and the US are pine trees.

#16908 3 years ago

And thanks to the beetles we won’t even have that anymore.

What a world.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The only wall that should exist between Canada and the US are pine trees.

#16909 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/utah-meeting-masks-cancelled-when-residents-without-masks-pack-room-n1234017
Some of the choice views from the public that filled the meeting about schools and masks by not wearing masks or social distancing.
“We are perpetuating a lie,” one woman who said she has five grandchildren said. “COVID is a hoax. It’s a lie. It’s a political stunt," The Salt Lake Tribune reported.
A mother suggested that masks cut down on a person’s oxygen, and a father said COVID-19 is no different than the flu, according to the Tribune.
Another parent of two children, ages 10 and 3, said she is concerned that wearing a mask would teach her older child to fear the world and that both of her kids would not learn proper socialization if their faces were covered, the Tribune reported.
“It’s going to rewire their brains,” the mother said. “I’m especially not going to send my son back to have his mind broken.”
Are we giving more crazy people access to the global megaphone or have they just always been here?

Pretty much all those conspiracies have been spouted in this thread. Some extensively.

#16910 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

And thanks to the beetles we won’t even have that anymore.
What a world.

not the band though

#16911 3 years ago

not the band though
was gonna a winkie face but having issues. F that

#16913 3 years ago

Houston and Dallas ISDs are going to virtual-only school for the first several weeks now. As if it's getting better and they will be opening in September. Here we go. Time to stay home again.

#16914 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Pretty much all those conspiracies have been spouted in this thread. Some extensively.

At least all of them have been said by the same member more than once.

#16915 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Fuck it. I'm going to take up smoking again and if I run into any of these sanctimonious types who think they are too good to wear a mask, I'm going to light up and blow some Marlboro smoke into their faces. And if the area is branded as a No Smoking area, all the better.

How did we become a country of so many ignorant assholes ?

#16916 3 years ago

I see your 1 interesting and raise you 3300 interestings (extra pneumonia deaths over average April-May)

#16917 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Houston and Dallas ISDs are going to virtual-only school for the first several weeks now. As if it's getting better and they will be opening in September. Here we go. Time to stay home again.

My wife is a school librarian, so both her and my kids are going to be faced with the prospect of returning to school next month. My wife is scared out of her mind. I tried to explain to her that the statistics are in our favor, even if we catch the virus, but it didn't make her feel any better. I just wish our country had a better handle on things and we weren't in this situation right now.

#16918 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My wife is a school librarian, so both her and my kids are going to be faced with the prospect of returning to school next month. My wife is scared out of her mind. I tried to explain to her that the statistics are in our favor, even if we catch the virus, but it didn't make her feel any better. I just wish our country had a better handle on things and we weren't in this situation right now.

And here in Chicagoland, we're doing a better job than most of the country in managing the virus. Even still, we're seeing an uptick in new cases since indoor dining/bars started up again. Starting in-person school on the usual schedule is probably not the best idea either. People talk so much about whether kids get sick or not, as if kids conduct school on their own independent of adults, often of the aging, high-risk sort.

Most of my family is in Texas. Both of my sisters teach school in a small town near Houston. My mom lives with one of them now. I'm more scared for them than I ever was for myself, even when we here in Illinois were one of the hotspots around May.

#16919 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Fuck it. I'm going to take up smoking again and if I run into any of these sanctimonious types who think they are too good to wear a mask, I'm going to light up and blow some Marlboro smoke into their faces. And if the area is branded as a No Smoking area, all the better.
How did we become a country of so many ignorant assholes ?

from tv..then the internet

#16920 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Missing Hospital Data Today from the transfer of Data to the White House.
I expect Great Data of the Virus going away, as we get closer to election.
Local, and other news, will have to battle this new "Truth" coming from the only self proclaimed source of Truth.
From Family involved, the Hospitals are pissed.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks like we can relax. HHS just blinked.
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-16-20-intl/h_be4c6fadbe85b175f2edb1fcecc838e3
" HHS is committed to being transparent with the American public about the information it is collecting on the coronavirus. Therefore, HHS has directed CDC to re-establish the coronavirus dashboards it withdrew from the public on Wednesday. Going forward, HHS and CDC will deliver more powerful insights on the coronavirus, powered by HHS Protect," said Assistant Secretary of Public Affairs Michael Caputo. "
But the following statement is confusing regarding this July 14 statement.
" As of now, the previously removed dashboard modules were back online. The CDC has also added language to their page announcing that they will not be updating this data past July 14. "

Quoted from Oaken:

I don’t think it’s a blink quite yet. Sure CDC web modules go back up, but the data is still being fed first to HHS and then HHS will feed it to CDC. As of today, no publicly facing data has been fed to CDC since the changeover.
So all we have as of now is historical CDC data.

Quoted from Oaken:

As a fun convenient aside, HHS Protect is the data management aggregator now in charge. Conveniently designed by Palantir for HHS. If that name doesn’t raise alarm bells for you...it should.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

They posted data that had been previously removed. My understanding, though, is that the CDC site also states there will be no further data posted after July 14th.

Quoted from razorsedge:

So, CDC has the old data, and will still make it available...HHS has the New Improved post 14th July data stream for you, "reviewed verified checked and ammended to be -correct-".
Awesome.

Sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake.

I looked up Palantir:

"What does Palantir do?
Palantir is in the national security business. ... That's what Palantir software is designed to do. It collects and synthesizes the data, helping government employees stop plots before they're carried through to execution.

I think I have got it now. HHS gets all of the new data, massages and manages it before we get the reconstituted mash that will show very little.

Isn't that sort of like what China did a few weeks ago? if you don't like the data then you hide it?

Like OLDPINGUY says, we have an election coming up.

#16921 3 years ago

I'm still going to be unhappy when I keep getting bit by them. Now, maybe not so much scared, but still unhappy

#16922 3 years ago

Photos during the 1918 pandemic...

502be30cf2b0dd658cad27128f442920.jpg502be30cf2b0dd658cad27128f442920.jpgCoronavirus-Chilling-link-between-Spanish-Flu-symptoms-and-COVID-19-exposed-1256345.jpgCoronavirus-Chilling-link-between-Spanish-Flu-symptoms-and-COVID-19-exposed-1256345.jpgimage0.jpegimage0.jpeg
#16923 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sometimes I can be a little slow on the uptake.
I looked up Palantir:
"What does Palantir do?
Palantir is in the national security business. ... That's what Palantir software is designed to do. It collects and synthesizes the data, helping government employees stop plots before they're carried through to execution.
I think I have got it now. HHS gets all of the new data, massages and manages it before we get the reconstituted mash that will show very little.
Isn't that sort of like what China did a few weeks ago? if you don't like the data then you hide it?
Like OLDPINGUY says, we have an election coming up.

Now you’re smelling what the Rock is cooking.

But putting aside that concern, I also have a real issue with messing with data collection processes of any sort in the middle of a crisis. You don’t like the current process and want to improve it, have at it. Just don’t do it now.

#16924 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I’m all out of wishes. It’s pretty clear it’s “every person for themself” when dealing with this now. It sucks.

#16925 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

And here in Chicagoland, we're doing a better job than most of the country in managing the virus. Even still, we're seeing an uptick in new cases since indoor dining/bars started up again.

I think the writing is on the wall. We're going to see a big surge again here. This thing is just too damn contagious, and people simply aren't being careful enough.

Quoted from jfre81:

Starting in-person school on the usual schedule is probably not the best idea either. People talk so much about whether kids get sick or not, as if kids conduct school on their own independent of adults, often of the aging, high-risk sort.

I agree with this 100%. Everyone is focusing on the wrong thing. They argue that we should re-open the schools because kids in general don't get as sick or die from it. This completely ignores all the teachers and staff that will be exposed at school, as well as all the family members that will be exposed when the kids bring it home.

#16926 3 years ago

What will it take?
100,000 new cases a day coming soon?
200,000 a day in a couple months?
ICUs closing? Health care collapsing?

What makes those who dont believe in Masks, feel the answer is to stop this?
Please do share with an example of what else works?

History shows Plagues like this can last for years and decades with Herd Immunity....

Any official answers other than a gut feeling, or a miracle?

Then comes the Bill.....so far, we have doubled the National debt, which means double your taxes,
just to stay even, with interest only. The $1200 check comes with a $60,000 Bill.

#16927 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The $1200 check comes with a $60,000 Bill.

And that's why the U.S. Government pays $600 for a hammer.

#16928 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the writing is on the wall. We're going to see a big surge again here. This thing is just too damn contagious, and people simply aren't being careful enough.

I agree with this 100%. Everyone is focusing on the wrong thing. They argue that we should re-open the schools because kids in general don't get as sick or die from it. This completely ignores all the teachers and staff that will be exposed at school, as well as all the family members that will be exposed when the kids bring it home.

The school bus issue is still not resolved. A large bus has 12 seats per side. Each seat can hold 3 high school kids. So, if the bus is maxed, then that would be 72 kids sardined into a bus. If you want 6 feet social distancing, then you are talking every other seat gets closed down. That leaves you with 6 usable seats per side. For social distancing, your bus can now "safely " transport 12 kids. And that leaves you looking for transport for the remaining 60 kids. That would take 5 more school buses. You could see a line of school buses parked in front of school that would be a mile long.

I have no clue as to how going back to school is going to work out. But I think the best laid plans are going to get wiped out from something unforeseen happening with the buses.

#16930 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

There are unfortunately a higher proportion of anti-vaxxer, holistic types that live in Utah County. We are a dedicated red state but unfortunately, Utah County has more of the extreme right wing types as well.

I am a Republican and I've been preaching wearing masks and ta king Covid seriously to family and friends since this started. I also have lived in Japan and work in a medical related field, though so I believe in science and its effectiveness in mitigating spread.

Salt Lake County has a mask mandate and has for several weeks now.. Utah County borders us and needs one as well but these anti-maskers are fighting it. Our governor has left it to the mayors and local level. He has dropped the ball and dragged his feet too long IMO...needs to order a statewide mandate... a month ago.

#16931 3 years ago

Up until a couple weeks ago, my circle of friends and family was untouched by the virus.
But recently found out that pinball historian and great EM pin player and pin collector, and friend,
Sam Harvey, has tested positive while currently housed at the rehab center he has been living at for the past year.
He is diabetic, overweight and >70 yrs old, so he only has his stubbornness to beat this thing.
I also recently found out my mom's sole surviving sibling, (she had 4 brothers and 4 sisters)
my uncle Leroy has tested positive.
He is 92 yr old, was sent to the hospital and after a few days sent home to hospice care as they said there was nothing
they could do for him. But latest news is that he is getting better, eating and talking and was recently allowed visitors,
so he may beat it, as they took him off hospice care.

#16932 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What will it take?
100,000 new cases a day coming soon?
200,000 a day in a couple months?
ICUs closing? Health care collapsing?
What makes those who dont believe in Masks, feel the answer is to stop this?
Please do share with an example of what else works?
History shows Plagues like this can last for years and decades with Herd Immunity....
Any official answers other than a gut feeling, or a miracle?
Then comes the Bill.....so far, we have doubled the National debt, which means double your taxes,
just to stay even, with interest only. The $1200 check comes with a $60,000 Bill.

The approach being taken here in the US is dangerous, beyond disappointing, and pretty much insane. Right now the approach from the federal government seems to be "let's just not talk about it and it will go away". Science doesn't work that way and meanwhile thousands more die every week. I bet we would have half, maybe even a quarter, of deaths from Covid-19 had a 1-2 month nationwide lockdown occured back in April - May but no...we had to rush to get back to going out to eat and to the bars! We are now paying the price while the rest of the world laughs at us.

#16933 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The school bus issue is still not resolved. A large bus has 12 seats per side. Each seat can hold 3 high school kids. So, if the bus is maxed, then that would be 72 kids sardined into a bus. If you want 6 feet social distancing, then you are talking every other seat gets closed down. That leaves you with 6 usable seats per side. For social distancing, your bus can now "safely " transport 12 kids. And that leaves you looking for transport for the remaining 60 kids. That would take 5 more school buses. You could see a line of school buses parked in front of school that would be a mile long.
I have no clue as to how going back to school is going to work out. But I think the best laid plans are going to get wiped out from something unforeseen happening with the buses.

No way are we sending our kid back to a school during this... we are transferring him to an online private school. They already have the tools and curriculum in place.

#16934 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Utah County borders us and needs one as well but these anti-maskers are fighting it. Our governor has left it to the mayors and local level. He has dropped the ball and dragged his feet too long IMO...needs to order a statewide mandate... a month ago.

It could be worse. At least your governor isn't actively undermining the ability for local municipalities to pass mask mandates ...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/georgia-mayors-kemp-mask-order/index.html

#16936 3 years ago

With all the silly stuff going on here in the US these days I kind of wonder if this Coronavirus mess is going to be the final downfall for the US being a Global Superpower. Pretty much ever since WWII the US has been the world leader in many ways. Unlike other countries who were considered superpowers in the past -- the US spent billions of dollars trying to help all around the globe. We did not do it perfectly and there were a lot of mistakes made along the way. But as Americans we always stuck together doing what we could for people and countries going through bad times for various reasons.

Now the way things are going here in the US we are starting to look like the "village idiots". People fighting over wearing mask to help stop the spread of a deadly virus, people fighting over just about anything and everything they can think of. It is too soon to tell how this will all end but in the end I doubt the USA will be on top when this mess is over. We can't even agree to do something proven to save lives that takes very little effort to do. PLEASE start wearing a mask! It isn't rocket science - a deadly airborne virus is killing thousands of people daily around the world. EVERYONE wearing a mask could put an end to it in just a few weeks. NOT ALMOST EVERYONE - for this to work EVERYONE HAS TO WEAR A MASK!

#16937 3 years ago

I had the annoying joy of a colonoscopy today, my second since the virus, as a cancer followup.
(All good, fortunately, since first surgery)

In chatting with admitting, I asked if anyone they work with, felt they shouldnt wear masks outside of work.
With about 60 people working there, of course as all in medical field, her reply was, "no debate in this office"
as expected.
I asked about patients, and she shared that earlier in the week, they had an irate patient who refused to wear a mask to enter the office or for the procedure scheduled...Even with dialogue, and of course a free mask.
She went on to share how combative he was that masks arent needed for the virus, or for any of the them in medicine.
"No one needs to wear a Mask! its Fake! I saw it on Fox!"
Thats the story shared.

Amazing...just Amazing.

#16938 3 years ago

"[We] found this out after asking Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino whether two coronavirus victims who were in their 20s had any underlying conditions. One of his answers surprised us." ... “The first one didn’t have any. He died in a motorcycle accident,” Pino said.

Dr. Pino was asked if the man’s data was removed. “I don’t think so. I have to double-check,” Pino said. “We were arguing, discussing, or trying to argue with the state. Not because of the numbers -- it’s 100…it doesn’t make any difference if it's 99 -- but the fact that the individual didn’t die from COVID-19…died in the crash. But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

This was the way things were recorded here as well, at least at the start. I do not know if this is still the way it is going.

#16940 3 years ago
5b3 (resized).png5b3 (resized).png
#16941 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

No way are we sending our kid back to a school during this... we are transferring him to an online private school. They already have the tools and curriculum in place.

I know someone who did (does) home schooling for her kids and a couple of their neighbor friends starting out the last few years. This year half the neighborhood is at her door wanting to sign up their kids with her.

Seriously, if you are okay with some more kids in the house and looking for work and have a degree or close to a degree in teaching there is probably some good job security ahead.

#16942 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It could be worse. At least your governor isn't actively undermining the ability for local municipalities to pass mask mandates ...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/georgia-mayors-kemp-mask-order/index.html

I’ll quote george w bush “this is some crazy shit.”

#16943 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

"[We] found this out after asking Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino whether two coronavirus victims who were in their 20s had any underlying conditions. One of his answers surprised us." ... “The first one didn’t have any. He died in a motorcycle accident,” Pino said.
This was the way things were recorded here as well, at least at the start. I do not know if this is still the way it is going.

Holy shit people. We’ve been over this multiple times in this thread. I’m beginning to think some of you don’t read everything. I feel like in beating a dead horse.

On a death certificate there are multiple causes of death. If to have brain cancer and get hit by a bus, the bus killed you, but the cancer is also on the certificate. Buy your logic, someone could have a heart attack behind the wheel, die in a car crash, and the death would be Exclusively caused from the crash; with no mention of the heart attack.

This is literally the next paragraph from the bit you quoted
“ but the fact that the individual didn’t die from COVID-19…died in the crash. But you could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash. I don’t know the conclusion of that one.”

#16944 3 years ago

I am training my kids that Daddy school is never on holiday but also not very long per day.

Will see how far ahead or behind we are by December. Right now I am running up the score while I can.

#16945 3 years ago

God bless his little heart, at least Mitch McConnell gets it.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/no-end-in-sight-congress-confronts-new-virus-crisis-rescue-2020-07-18?mod=home-page

“It’s not going to magically disappear,”....

..... said a somber Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., during a visit to a hospital in his home state to thank front-line workers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

#16947 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200718-102118~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200718-102118~3 (resized).png
#16949 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

On a death certificate there are multiple causes of death. If to have brain cancer and get hit by a bus, the bus killed you, but the cancer is also on the certificate. Buy your logic, ....

Well, that's of course a fair point to make. However from the bits in between that seem to have been skipped various ways (I added the bit in between that you glossed over as well), I think it is noteworthy that Dr Pino seems to sound a bit like he disagrees with that particular death he dealt with being counted as "caused by covid". It is hard though to determine exactly what Dr Pino actually thinks, since some of His Response has been Omitted from the actual published article. What He said to them was not reported verbatim, obviously.

Nothing is black or white. Including colours. You also do not have to Buy my logic, it's free for any whom care for it.

Not Everybody whom tests positive for covid actually dies. Not everyone with a serious heart condition whom had a fatal car accident, had that accident due to a heart attack, either. Assumptions are great, but not always correct. Fair for both to be on the death certificate, but the death most likely was caused by human error and the accident trauma alone, and not likely related to covid at all. No such thing as a crystal ball though, is there. Of course the positive test needs to be recorded still, to protect workers from contracting covid from the deceased victim, but leaving it as the cause produces misleading data.

I digress...

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/339?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.