272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 576.
#16850 3 years ago

Have a look at it screaminr

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-queensland-border-checks-could-remain-until-december-warns-premier-rules-out-closing-border/dc94eacc-dd78-4065-8f77-5d4b1747abd8?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_5_border-wall-erected-to-stop-illegal-crossings-at-checkpoints_160720#close

Is Annastacia taking the piss there mate or what?!?!
She doesn't even know how many players run onto the field FfS!!

There was always a snowflakes chance in hell of NSW letting the border be moved south to The Tweed River, so that people could go to work! ha

Like, your way, why didn't they just move the Vic border to the north town limit of Albury? . Temporarily, of course! lol

It also looks like they've got Border Walls going up at the bat of an eyelid! ... "to keep the rabbits out".

https _prod.static9.net.au_fs_a18df970-79d3-4bcc-8879-4a396bee04fa (resized).pnghttps _prod.static9.net.au_fs_a18df970-79d3-4bcc-8879-4a396bee04fa (resized).png

L.O.T.F.W. might get jealous

#16851 3 years ago

It would be interesting to know the details of the parts of his responses that were not published. It is fairly truncated, some important comments obviously missing.

Is there any complete live recording of this interview transcript? . Context is everything.

#16852 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Have a look at it screaminr
https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-queensland-border-checks-could-remain-until-december-warns-premier-rules-out-closing-border/dc94eacc-dd78-4065-8f77-5d4b1747abd8?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_5_border-wall-erected-to-stop-illegal-crossings-at-checkpoints_160720#close
Is Annastacia taking the piss there mate or what?!?!
She doesn't even know how many players run onto the field FfS!!
There was always a snowflakes chance in hell of NSW letting the border be moved south to The Tweed River, so that people could go to work! ha
Like, your way, why didn't they just move the Vic border to the north town limit of Albury? . Temporarily, of course! lol
It also looks like they've got Border Walls going up at the bat of an eyelid! ... "to keep the rabbits out". Lol
[quoted image]
L.O.T.F.W. might get jealous

You call that a wall , a cane toad could jump over that .
As much as I would like to make it joke of it , in a week our numbers have gone from around 20, 40,90,120,240,280 to today 317 .
They aren't big numbers compared to some other places but it shows you how quickly they can grow , considering for a long time we had low single digit numbers or 0 numbers .
They have police and the army at checkpoints at all major roads leaving the metro area 24/7.
There is a lot of talk about stage 4 Lockdown and making masks mandatory in public .
I don't blame other states for locking us out , I hope this doesn't spread Nationwide .
Stay safe razor .

#16854 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it’s pretty clear that with our current path we will be losing 500-1000 Americans a day.

A military man would call that collateral damage.

#16855 3 years ago

New study published two days ago in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) showed a significant reduction in COVID transmission among healthcare workers after universal masking protocols were implemented.

One day later the governor of Georgia signed an executive order forbidding any mandatory masking order anywhere in the state.

Yup, we’re screwed.

#16856 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

New study published two days ago in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) showed a significant reduction in COVID transmission among healthcare workers after universal masking protocols were implemented.
One day later the governor of Georgia signed an executive order forbidding any mandatory masking order anywhere in the state.
Yup, we’re screwed.

Kansas governor just did as well.

#16857 3 years ago

Anyone interested to hear a more open and detailed interview from Dr Fauci, I found this from a couple of days ago...

Try to last more than 8 minutes ?

#16858 3 years ago

But at least Walmart is going national with requiring masks to be worn in its stores. I don't think a govt. institution can tell a company what do regarding masks.

#16859 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Kansas governor just did as well.

Huh?

https://governor.kansas.gov/governor-laura-kelly-signs-executive-order-mandating-masks-in-public-spaces/

" Governor Laura Kelly today issued Executive Order #20-52 requiring that most Kansans must wear a mask while in public spaces, and in places where individuals are unable to maintain social distancing of six feet.
Executive Order #20-52 takes effect beginning 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 3, and will remain in place until rescinded or until the current statewide State of Disaster Emergency expires – whichever is earlier. "

We have a Democrat for a governor and a Republican legislature. The legislature has been fighting her every inch of the way. Police Depts. refuse to enforce anything.

Walmart stepped up and now requires masks in its stores. Wally is big enough to make it happen.

#16860 3 years ago

Here come the trucks. Just as Crazy Levi predicted.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

"Arizona and Texas counties hit hard by coronavirus bring in refrigerated trucks as morgues fill up."

" Officials look for options as hospitals fill up"
--------------------------------------------------------------

For those who like to point out that the death rate is going down. Have another look.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.35.50 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.35.50 AM (resized).png

#16861 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here come the trucks. Just as Crazy Levi predicted.

They need refrigerated trucks in New York for all of the shooting victims i heard. They have had to put Covid-19 on the back burner for now.

#16862 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Huh?
https://governor.kansas.gov/governor-laura-kelly-signs-executive-order-mandating-masks-in-public-spaces/
" Governor Laura Kelly today issued Executive Order #20-52 requiring that most Kansans must wear a mask while in public spaces, and in places where individuals are unable to maintain social distancing of six feet.
Executive Order #20-52 takes effect beginning 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 3, and will remain in place until rescinded or until the current statewide State of Disaster Emergency expires – whichever is earlier. "
We have a Democrat for a governor and a Republican legislature. The legislature has been fighting her every inch of the way. Police Depts. refuse to enforce anything.
Walmart stepped up and now requires masks in its stores. Wally is big enough to make it happen.

My apologies, I had them mixed up with Georgia.

#16863 3 years ago

Missing Hospital Data Today from the transfer of Data to the White House.

I expect Great Data of the Virus going away, as we get closer to election.
Local, and other news, will have to battle this new "Truth" coming from the only self proclaimed source of Truth.

From Family involved, the Hospitals are pissed.

#16864 3 years ago

He said he wants to encourage people to voluntarily wear a mask by telling them there might be college football if they do.

#16865 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Oh good. Hospitals are now being instructed to submit all covid related data to a political appointee of the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department rather than directly to the CDC. HHS will then (after reviewing the data) share relevant info with the CDC.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/covid-19-faqs-hospitals-hospital-laboratory-acute-care-facility-data-reporting.pdf

Looking like so far it’s as bad as I feared. Data transition has happened, but the administration isn’t sharing data yet. What this means is that states no longer have access to their own data.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/investigations/watchdog/article244260242.html

#16866 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

But at least Walmart is going national with requiring masks to be worn in its stores. I don't think a govt. institution can tell a company what do regarding masks.

Sure they can. Most health and safety regulations businesses must follow come from government institutions.

#16867 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They need refrigerated trucks in New York for all of the shooting victims i heard. They have had to put Covid-19 on the back burner for now.

Glass houses.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/new-york-issues-coronavirus-advisory-for-travelers-from-ohio/

#16869 3 years ago

Yeah we need to build a wall. We spent months in the Empire State setting an example for the rest of the country - which they ignored - and they wanna come here and reinfect us?

No way!! Keep Ohio OUT of New York please!

And really, to be fair, Ohio should pay for the wall.

(actually Ohio's gov. did a pretty good job. Not his fault people didn't listen)

#16870 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

He said he wants to encourage people to voluntarily wear a mask by telling them there might be college football if they do.

In Georgia that might work! They love them some Bulldogs.

Unfortunately it looks like the die may be cast for college football this year.

#16871 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Looking like so far it’s as bad as I feared. Data transition has happened, but the administration isn’t sharing data yet. What this means is that states no longer have access to their own data.
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/investigations/watchdog/article244260242.html

Looks like we can relax. HHS just blinked.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-16-20-intl/h_be4c6fadbe85b175f2edb1fcecc838e3

" HHS is committed to being transparent with the American public about the information it is collecting on the coronavirus. Therefore, HHS has directed CDC to re-establish the coronavirus dashboards it withdrew from the public on Wednesday. Going forward, HHS and CDC will deliver more powerful insights on the coronavirus, powered by HHS Protect," said Assistant Secretary of Public Affairs Michael Caputo. "

But the following statement is confusing regarding this July 14 statement.

" As of now, the previously removed dashboard modules were back online. The CDC has also added language to their page announcing that they will not be updating this data past July 14. "

#16872 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-16-20-intl/h_be4c6fadbe85b175f2edb1fcecc838e3
" HHS is committed to being transparent with the American public about the information it is collecting on the coronavirus. Therefore, HHS has directed CDC to re-establish the coronavirus dashboards it withdrew from the public on Wednesday. Going forward, HHS and CDC will deliver more powerful insights on the coronavirus, powered by HHS Protect," said Assistant Secretary of Public Affairs Michael Caputo. "
" As of now, the previously removed dashboard modules were back online. The CDC has also added language to their page announcing that they will not be updating this data past July 14. "

I don’t think it’s a blink quite yet. Sure CDC web modules go back up, but the data is still being fed first to HHS and then HHS will feed it to CDC. As of today, no publicly facing data has been fed to CDC since the changeover.

So all we have as of now is historical CDC data.

#16873 3 years ago

As a fun convenient aside, HHS Protect is the data management aggregator now in charge. Conveniently designed by Palantir for HHS. If that name doesn’t raise alarm bells for you...it should.

#16874 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is going to result in hundreds of amazing “Karen” and “ken” videos. Hopefully nobody gets shot.
Wal Mart nation is not prepared for this shit. Good luck is all I can say.

Who doesn't buy everything they possibly can online now, anyway? I'm sorta surprised bricks and mortar shops still exist. Quite quaint really.

#16875 3 years ago

Everything is fine:

“ Florida Emergency Operations Center closes after 12 employees test positive for COVID-19”

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/16/report-florida-emergency-operations-center-closes-after-12-employees-test-positive-for-covid-19/

#16876 3 years ago

They posted data that had been previously removed. My understanding, though, is that the CDC site also states there will be no further data posted after July 14th.

#16877 3 years ago

Unfortunately it looks like the die may be cast for college football this year.

Shh! Don't tell Georgia, or else his whole "plan" falls apart!

#16878 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah we need to build a wall. We spent months in the Empire State setting an example for the rest of the country - which they ignored - and they wanna come here and reinfect us?
No way!! Keep Ohio OUT of New York please!
And really, to be fair, Ohio should pay for the wall.
(actually Ohio's gov. did a pretty good job. Not his fault people didn't listen)

Can you guys build a wall along the entire Canadian border as well please? We do not want what you guys have. Some of the leadership down there couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. What a bloody disgrace.

#16879 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So, CDC has the old data, and will still make it available...HHS has the New Improved post 14th July data stream for you, "reviewed verified checked and ammended to be -correct-".

Awesome.

#16880 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Walmart stepped up and now requires masks in its stores.

Wearing pants is still up to the shopper.

#16881 3 years ago

Worth trying out with some work down time

Screenshot_20200716-191200~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200716-191200~2 (resized).png
#16882 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Can you guys build a wall along the entire Canadian border as well please? We do not want what you guys have. Some of the leadership down there couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. What a bloody disgrace.

Build your own wall!!!

Damn Canadians want everything done for ‘em!

#16883 3 years ago

This model has consistently been optimistic. At the time of this posting it is predicting 200,000 deaths for 2020:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

This model has been roughly as pessimistic as the other has been optimistic. It is predicting 800,000 deaths:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/america-is-on-track-for-a-million-coronavirus-cases-a-day-and-at-least-800000-deaths-by-the-end-of-2020

Likely outcome somewhere in between.

We are boned.

#16886 3 years ago

My girlfriend was a germaphobe long before all this started, and I have shopped with her and seen how she uses hand sanitizer before and after shopping, while I only use it after shopping. (and of course all the mask stuff).

I am being careful, she is 2 times more careful.

She is not feeling good now.

If she ends up with it I am probably next.

I am going to have some extra alcohol tonight as a precaution.

#16888 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

How many Natties does it take to get to 60%?

#16889 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

You should try Clorox instead. More effective.

#16890 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You should try Clorox instead. More effective.

No thanks, too much burn, can't stand the smell, and no buzz gained.

Great for cleaning the jacuzzi though!

#16891 3 years ago

Today Colorado Governor Polis signed a state wide order requiring masks or face coverings in all public indoor spaces, unless an individual has a medical condition where wearing a mask would put them at risk.

Unfortunately he did not clarify that ignorance and stupidly are not medical conditions ...

#16893 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200716-220157~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200716-220157~2 (resized).png
#16894 3 years ago

In the US people throw temper tantrums, scream, sit down on the floor and throw punches when they are asked to wear a mask, meanwhile in Melbourne's airport...

Mebourne (resized).jpgMebourne (resized).jpg
#16895 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I suppose you expect us to pay for it as well??

#16896 3 years ago

Certain folks are talking up hydroxy again.

Sorry folks, it still is ineffective as a preventative or as a treatment.

https://www.wired.com/story/hydroxychloroquine-still-doesnt-do-anything-new-data-shows/amp

#16897 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Seriously. The very people how hired you and you work for, won't listen to a word you have to say.

Every day of my working life

#16898 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Can you guys build a wall along the entire Canadian border as well please?

I think it’s ironic that last year America was worried about people crossing into the USA, so much so, that they want to build a wall. Now under the current climate most of the world doesn’t want Americans into their countries. Americans are being stopped and turned around at the Canadian and Mexican border and air travel to Europe is non existent.

I don’t care if you want to be the home of the free, but keep your freedom away from us, we’re quite happy with sheltering in place, masks are our new requirement and we’re ok with that.

America wants to change and lead the world with their manifest destiny, but this is a time to sit down and put on a mask And follow everyone else’s lead. A cavalier attitude Won’t win you anything but 1st place, and this is one fight you don’t want to be first place in.

#16899 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

meanwhile in Melbourne's airport...
[quoted image]

Must be a different Melbourne Airport to where I am . We've only just heard that wearing a mask could be helpful .

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/338 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.