272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 576.
#16800 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

A candidate vaccine to the conoavirus is showing good results:
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5435723002

Hey didnt anyone tell you that you're not allowed to post any good news in this thread?

#16802 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

A candidate vaccine to the conoavirus is showing good results:
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5435723002

Hmm, this company (Moderna in Idar-Oberstein) will produce this vaccine 12 miles away from the village I live. Some of the workers there are sometimes coming to my pub. I think I have to give them a few beers on the house if they can speed this up.

#16804 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Hmm, this company (Moderna in Idar-Oberstein) will produce this vaccine 12 miles away from the village I live. Some of the workers there are sometimes coming to my pub. I think I have to give them a few beers on the house if they can speed this up.

Just a few beers though, got to keep them on task!

#16805 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Do your infected people seem to be getting any early treatment at all there mate?.

Na , they just poke you with a stick .

Quoted from razorsedge:

Recent local news, a group of stowaways trying to escape over to SA on a freight train.

Saw that , what a pisser , trying to sneak into SA hobo Style

#16806 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Just a hair under 11,000 new cases in Texas today = new record. 87 dead = new record.
The roof is on fire.

That's terrible news but Great Song .

#16808 3 years ago

Levels of childhood immunisations against dangerous diseases such as measles, tetanus and diphtheria have dropped alarmingly during the Covid-19 pandemic, putting millions of children at risk, United Nations agencies said today.
In a joint report with Unicef, the World Health Organization (WHO) director general Tedros, Adhanom Ghebreyesus, warned:
"The avoidable suffering and death caused by children missing out on routine immunisations could be far greater than Covid-19 itself."

In other words: don't let Covid make you ignore health checks, especially if you have a chronic condition. Wear a mask, use hand sanitizer, but do NOT cancel appointments or treatments.

#16809 3 years ago

Gun violence is killing more people than the coronavirus in NYC right now.

https://time.com/5866776/gun-violence-covid/

#16810 3 years ago

https://www.wired.com/story/the-latest-covid-party-story-gets-a-twist/

Article dated 7/14/20, summary - covid parties are unsubstantiated rumor without proper due diligence by reporters and editors.

#16811 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Obviously there are things that you have to have other people help you with, that's why I have health insurance. I am talking about our government. I dont depend on them for anything and I never will because they make such terrible decisions and they are liars and they're corrupt.
I also dont depend on people in general because they never seem to come through hardly with what they say they will do. Basically what I meant was is I think for myself and I don't need my government to do that for me and if I need something done in life I just do it myself unless I dont have the skills to do it.
Alot of people look to the government for help and protection and I just dont understand that.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I sure did......not that it's any of your business but I donated a generous portion of it to helping animals in need. If I wouldnt have though that would have been fine also because I have paid several hundred thousand dollars that i have worked hard for in taxes over the last 40 years. Did you donate any of your stimulus check?

Well, since you lamented in your post I had to ask. Thank you for paying taxes. <--- This is me slow clapping for you.

#16812 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh thank God, normalcy is returning.

#16813 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Good news! I heard they recently had their first day with no new cases reported. Rest of the country just needs to man up and follow NYC’s lead on virus control and we can beat this thing.

#16814 3 years ago

Some good news on the vaccine front:

A Covid-19 vaccine developed by the biotechnology company Moderna looks promising.
The vaccine has triggered immune responses in all of the 45 volunteers who received it in a Phase 1 trial, according to early results published yesterday. The study also revealed some mild side effects -- fatigue, chills, headache, muscle pain and pain at the injection site.
While the immune responses are encouraging, the scientists behind the trial cautioned it was not clear whether the levels they were seeing would actually protect against infection. A Phase 3 trial involving 30,000 volunteers is scheduled to start in less than two weeks. Moderna said if all goes well, it would be "on track to be able to deliver approximately 500 million doses per year, and possibly up to 1 billion doses per year, beginning in 2021."

Note: remember that, even if successful, a vaccine is a preventive measure, not a cure! It won't save you if you are contaminated in the meantime.
Until then, be paranoid if you are in a high-risk group, and be careful otherwise.
Washing hands won't hurt...

#16815 3 years ago

Some unusual perspectives in the comments section. Also seems there's basically no algorithms leading here.

#16817 3 years ago

Walmart to require masks.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/business/walmart-masks/index.html

"To help bring consistency across stores and clubs, we will require all shoppers to wear a face covering starting Monday, July 20. This will give us time to inform customers and members of the changes, post signage and train associates on the new protocols," the company said."

#16818 3 years ago

43 yr old Dude stabbed a 77yr old because the geriatric yelled at him for disobeying state mask law.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/us/michigan-mask-dispute-death-trnd/index.html

#16820 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

...train associates on the new protocols," the company said."

Walmart said it will enforce the new policy by stationing "health ambassadors" near the entrance to remind shoppers of the requirement.

Meet "Health Ambassador" Dredd.

health_ambass (resized).pnghealth_ambass (resized).png
#16821 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Walmart to require masks.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/business/walmart-masks/index.html
"To help bring consistency across stores and clubs, we will require all shoppers to wear a face covering starting Monday, July 20. This will give us time to inform customers and members of the changes, post signage and train associates on the new protocols," the company said."

This is going to result in hundreds of amazing “Karen” and “ken” videos. Hopefully nobody gets shot.

Wal Mart nation is not prepared for this shit. Good luck is all I can say.

#16822 3 years ago

Chuck Woolery Tweeted that Doctors, CDC and media is lying about Covid19. He then Tweeted this 24 hours later.
D8991-DC4-F31-D-44-FF-9930-53117010-CF21 (resized).jpgD8991-DC4-F31-D-44-FF-9930-53117010-CF21 (resized).jpg

#16823 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

43 yr old Dude stabbed a 77yr old because the geriatric yelled at him for disobeying state mask law.

Imagine stabbing someone and getting yourself killed over this. Who would have thought Idiocracy was too conservative in its predictions?

There are things worth dying for. There are even things worth killing for I suppose.

Not wanting to wear a mask isn't one of those things.

#16824 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Funny they (Police) still have the large mars rotating lites on the cars.

#16825 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Imagine stabbing someone and getting yourself killed over this. Who would have thought Idiocracy was too conservative in its predictions?
There are things worth dying for. There are even things worth killing for I suppose.
Not wanting to wear a mask isn't one of those things.

Imagine getting stabbed over a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/17/us/popeyes-sandwich-stabbing-suspect-indicted/index.html

#16826 3 years ago

I'm sure this was just an honest mistake right? RIGHT? My parents have been home bound since this started as they are at risk. We have been going to extremes to keep them stocked with food, medicine and essentials so they don't have to leave their home.

"Orlando Health has just confirmed that some of the data it shared over the weekend were wrong, after journalists reported more than 50 labs showing 100% positivity rate, or roughly around there.

Journalists looked into the numbers and contacted a few of the labs to confirm that their internal data matched the public data released by the state.

As it turned out, some of these discrepancies were pretty extreme: Orlando Health, confirmed that it's positivity rate was actually 9.8%, not the 98% that had been reported to the state."

#16827 3 years ago
Quoted from Craigmack:

I'm sure this was just an honest mistake right? RIGHT? My parents have been home bound since this started as they are at risk. We have been going to extremes to keep them stocked with food, medicine and essentials so they don't have to leave their home.
"Orlando Health has just confirmed that some of the data it shared over the weekend were wrong, after journalists reported more than 50 labs showing 100% positivity rate, or roughly around there.
Journalists looked into the numbers and contacted a few of the labs to confirm that their internal data matched the public data released by the state.
As it turned out, some of these discrepancies were pretty extreme: Orlando Health, confirmed that it's positivity rate was actually 9.8%, not the 98% that had been reported to the state."

I would like to read this. Do you have a link, please?

#16829 3 years ago
48dgo6 (resized).jpg48dgo6 (resized).jpg
#16830 3 years ago
Quoted from Craigmack:

9.8% is still a disaster. 98% obviously a reporting mistake.

#16831 3 years ago

Fauci pushes back hard against the disgusting and counterproductive smear campaign against him. Great interview that lays waste to the “opposition research” being conducted.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/07/trump-fauci-coronavirus-pandemic-oppo/614224/

#16832 3 years ago

That I can actually imagine. Those things are delicious.

#16833 3 years ago
Quoted from Craigmack:

Orlando Health has just confirmed that some of the data it shared over the weekend were wrong, after journalists reported more than 50 labs showing 100% positivity rate

Headline: "Florida Man Reports Health Data"

#16834 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Chuck Woolery Tweeted that Doctors, CDC and media is lying about Covid19. He then Tweeted this 24 hours later.
[quoted image]

I hope Chuck got good treatment for the whiplash he just suffered from that about-face.

Reminds me when Republican leader Rob Portman of Ohio suddenly grew a lot more compassionate towards LGBTQ after his kid came out... amazing how that happens LOL

#16835 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Funny they (Police) still have the large mars rotating lites on the cars.

Yeah no kidding, it's like a blast from the past driving thru MI, and not just the police cars... the pavement is is vintage 70's as well!

#16836 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Some good news on the vaccine front:
A Covid-19 vaccine developed by the biotechnology company Moderna looks promising.
The vaccine has triggered immune responses in all of the 45 volunteers who received it in a Phase 1 trial, according to early results published yesterday. The study also revealed some mild side effects -- fatigue, chills, headache, muscle pain and pain at the injection site.
While the immune responses are encouraging, the scientists behind the trial cautioned it was not clear whether the levels they were seeing would actually protect against infection. A Phase 3 trial involving 30,000 volunteers is scheduled to start in less than two weeks. Moderna said if all goes well, it would be "on track to be able to deliver approximately 500 million doses per year, and possibly up to 1 billion doses per year, beginning in 2021."
Note: remember that, even if successful, a vaccine is a preventive measure, not a cure! It won't save you if you are contaminated in the meantime.
Until then, be paranoid if you are in a high-risk group, and be careful otherwise.
Washing hands won't hurt...

Temper expectations with Moderna. Many times with normal drugs, those that pass Phase 1 do not pass Phase 3.

Also, Moderna is using a never before used approach (several other companies are trying the same new approach). We don’t know if this method will have adverse effects in the larger population

The higher dosage did hospitalize one of the volunteers. As they expand to Phase 3, it will be interesting to see how the broader swath of 30,000 volunteers do.

#16837 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would like to read this. Do you have a link, please?

After reading the article and watching the video, this is a whole lot of nothing. Some labs did not report their negative results as they are required to do, thus inflating the positivity rate. They didn't report negatives as positives or inflate the positive numbers. Yet this is what the folks who report and eat this shi* up readily assume. For that matter, I'm pretty sure the numbers have already been corrected.

Now look at the headline, then read the article and watch the video. And oh yeah, check out all those comments on Breitbart.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/07/14/fox-35-investigation-reveals-inflated-florida-covid-19-numbers/

#16839 3 years ago

We have arrived. 140,003 deaths in the U.S.

140,000 was the number predicted several weeks ago.

Where do we go from here?

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 6.21.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-15 at 6.21.13 PM (resized).png

#16843 3 years ago

Stay away from public restrooms:

This study implies the Covid aerosols are larger than those for influenza and that makes them more likely to be filtered by the surgical mask. Would larger aerosol particles be more or less impacted by greater relative humidity?

What we know is influenza spread plummets in the summer. Not only that but there is research claiming social distancing for Covid in late February shutdown the 2019-2020 flu season. All good.

So why have Covid infections persisted in high humidity states? And why has social distancing not crushed the Covid curve?

The logical answer is Covid infections do not spread the same way as influenza. The spread cannot be solely respiratory! If it were then we would have observed a discontinuity in the infection curve once mask policies went into effect. Such discontinuities are not apparent. Furthermore while distancing slowed Covid spread, it did not crush the curve. In fact the US states show two behaviors - there is classic pandemic burn out in the northeast. Elsewhere there is slow churn of the virus - it doesn't appear it will be stopped no matter the effort.

Perhaps a hint on the key infection source - there is a fishing boat in Argentina where the crew quarantined, tested negative, set out to sea for many weeks, and caught Covid. Was the head & tank fully clean when they left port? Maybe. But then what? How does one hide from a virus if it is anywhere and everywhere?

#16844 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Stay away from public restrooms:

I've been in plenty of public restrooms since this all started and I cringe when the dumbasses start the turbojet f'ing hand dryers. No coronavirus yet for me, but I do wear a mask and eye protection.

#16846 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've been in plenty of public restrooms since this all started and I cringe when the dumbasses start the turbojet f'ing hand dryers. No coronavirus yet for me, but I do wear a mask and eye protection.

I have already posted this, but I am seriously ready to just keep a camping toilet with me in my enclosed trailer when I have to travel for work. 100% no one but me would ever use it.

#16848 3 years ago
#16849 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

We have arrived. 140,003 deaths in the U.S.
140,000 was the number predicted several weeks ago.
Where do we go from here?

[quoted image]

I think it’s pretty clear that with our current path we will be losing 500-1000 Americans a day. There are no signs that will change, indefinitely. Unless we have a complete change in our thinking and approach.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/337?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.