272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 576.
#16750 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont depend on them for anything and I never will

How’s that coast to coast off road driving going?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think for myself and I don't need my government to do that for me and if I need something done in life I just do it myself unless I dont have the skills to do it.

Some projects are so massive you need government to organize them. Covid is so massive you will not be able to stop it by yourself when it come knocking. You need the skills of a national coast to coast plan implemented by something powerful enough to see it through. (I dunno. We could ask Apple and amazon, they have the influence of governments.)

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Alot of people look to the government for help and protection

What else is their job? That why taxes are a thing.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

And they're supposed to open the border tomorrow? I sure hope not.
[quoted image]

Here’s a great example of how the Canadian government is keeping its people safe, the border is closed for another month. Every Canadian I’ve spoke to would be happy if it stayed closed for the rest of the year. We are more then happy keeping Americans out for now.

#16751 3 years ago

Now here’s some news that sends my conspiracy heart a flutter: send in the National Guard to help...control the covid data:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/07/13/trump-administration-recommend-national-guard-an-option-help-hospitals-report-covid-19-data/

#16752 3 years ago

I just got back last night from driving all day from Florida to Virginia. What really struck me was how noticeable the differences were in mask wearing (or not wearing) at the rest stops along I-95 and I-75. In Florida and South Carolina I would guesstimate that around 50 to 60% were wearing masks inside the rest areas and bathrooms. Georgia was probably minimally higher, maybe 60-65%. Then in North Carolina and Virginia it appeared to be dramatically higher, probably close to 80%.

When in Florida, the scary thing is seeing so many affluent old people (over 75) that do not wear masks in places like lobbies and elevators.
Florida appears to be heading towards a whole lot more suffering if things don't change quickly. It is not the beaches, it is inside the buildings that is the real problem.

#16753 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Doesn't look like a good idea .

We've taken that attitude here in our state now too. Infected, stay away.

Do your infected people seem to be getting any early treatment at all there mate?.

Recent local news, a group of stowaways trying to escape over to SA on a freight train.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-four-stowaways-charged-allegedly-crossing-victoria-border-on-freight-train/4fdad9d4-54ca-45e2-8f90-f5dd0c693602

"Police swooped on the train yard, with police dogs Axe and Zac who quickly located the four men.
The men, aged 22, 26, 29 and 29 were arrested and charged with breaching COVID-19 restrictions."

Also in other news reports, this from an Australian physician:

"We are seeing a lot of cases of people with life threatening conditions failing to seek timely treatment."

#16754 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Alot of people look to the government for help and protection and I just dont understand that.

You don't understand the police, education, military, fire department, health department, or worker protections?

#16756 3 years ago

Holy crap, what is wrong with their hands? Covid Claw?

6e2444b6fd50612cb2c8b5e59c0f86d9e5e76e5b (resized).jpg6e2444b6fd50612cb2c8b5e59c0f86d9e5e76e5b (resized).jpg

#16757 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200714-102717~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200714-102717~2 (resized).png
#16758 3 years ago

Get your coats ready

Screenshot_20200714-102000~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200714-102000~2 (resized).png
#16759 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Obviously there are things that you have to have other people help you with, that's why I have health insurance. I am talking about our government. I dont depend on them for anything and I never will because they make such terrible decisions and they are liars and they're corrupt.
I also dont depend on people in general because they never seem to come through hardly with what they say they will do. Basically what I meant was is I think for myself and I don't need my government to do that for me and if I need something done in life I just do it myself unless I dont have the skills to do it.
Alot of people look to the government for help and protection and I just dont understand that.

Did you donate the relief check the government gave you? Just wondering...since you depend or need any government assistance.

#16760 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

[quoted image]

"Welcome to Applebees! How many?"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16761 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here’s a great example of how the Canadian government is keeping its people safe, the border is closed for another month. Every Canadian I’ve spoke to would be happy if it stayed closed for the rest of the year. We are more then happy keeping Americans out for now.

I'm even reading articles of Canadians accosting Americans they see wondering why they are there, seems like they are totally fed up with the attitude down here of us not taking it seriously. I really do hope they keep the border closed for the rest of the year, I don't want these "people that don't give a damn about anyone around them" to get anywhere near my family and relatives back in Canada. Heck I figure it should make most Americans happy anyways, they got that wall they wanted totally free albeit it with most of the civilized world blocking us.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

People down here don't understand it...right up until some unforeseen event happens leaving them potentially financially ruined and/or medically destitute, then they totally understand it and come looking for help. No sense in getting into detail over this here, but just google how other countries handle things to get more info on why government help is sometimes required. It's one of the many reasons I always very strongly recommend that young people spend a year or so actually living in other countries that way such things would not be a mystery.

#16762 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

[quoted image]

You weren't aware of the rural, white, middle America, wannabe gangsta population???

The 4 fingers represents the teeth they have left after their meth addiction.

#16765 3 years ago

Going back to school? Maybe not.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/health/texas-coronavirus-cases-child-care-facilities/

" Texas coronavirus cases top 1,300 from child care facilities alone"

" As parents nationwide wonder if it's safe to send kids back to day care, Texas is grappling with a surge of Covid-19 cases from child care centers.

" At least 1,335 people have tested positive from child care facilities in Texas, the state's Department of Health and Human Services reported Monday, citing figures from Friday.

" Of those infected, 894 were staff members and 441 were children. The cases came from 883 child care facilities that are open in the state, DHHS said.

#16767 3 years ago

Very proud of my town. 99% with masks on my forced excursions.

#16768 3 years ago

I couldn't make it as a punker.

#16769 3 years ago

When this crap is over ..Please PM me if you want to visit north ontario ...bed / breakfast, weed, fishing on me.Too many drunkards in this thread so booze is omitted.

#16770 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

When this crap is over ..Please PM me if you want to visit north ontario ...bed / breakfast, weed, fishing on me.Too many drunkards in this thread so booze is omitted.

Well Hell yeah. I'd like to get a look at your neighbor that was responsible for you parking your boat in the wrong slip.

#16771 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No way! California is in full shutdown mode again.

Just the way I like it!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#16772 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well Hell yeah. I'd like to get a look at your neighbor that was responsible for you parking your boat in the wrong slip.

Oh man how embarrassing

#16773 3 years ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1233793

Texas, Florida, and California account for about 1/5th of the WORLD'S new coronavirus cases.

20%. Ouch...

#16774 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What saddens me is that there is a number of preventably dead school children that will be considered an acceptable loss to those that could have helped lower it.

We don't know what that number is yet, but if Florida opens schools, we will find out.

#16775 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Texas, Florida, and California account for about 1/5th of the WORLD'S new coronavirus cases.

Hopefully we can keep riding that for another year or two. Perhaps the government will send us more free money too.

So far, I've got two nice pinball machines and a Jeep out of this deal.

#16776 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I'm glad that you're doing well, but survivor's bias is a real thing. Of course all the people that survive will say "Nothing bad happened to me!" - that doesn't dismiss that other people may not have survived, they're just not here to tell you.
And not all people can be as self-sufficient as you.

Not only that but the virus doesn't leave your body. Chicken Pox can lead to Shingles later. Herpes keeps coming back. There are so many weird symptoms and side effects of Covid that they don't understand right now, it's literally playing Russian roulette with symptoms, brain damage, heart damage, fatigue, kidney damage, strokes; all have been linked to COVID. Personally I would like to try not get it until they better understand the long term effects and how to fight it.

Also, multiple sources have reported you can get it more than once, which means no heard immunity.

#16777 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The guys in my family used to head up to your neck of the woods every year until my uncle who owned a cabin up there passed. We would stop in Ear Falls for breakfast, and drive up to and enter the lakes at Woman Lake Lodge. It was about a 45-minute boat ride to the cabin, and there were only 2 other cabins on the entire chain of lakes (owned by Ontario except those grandfathered in.) Unbelievable fishing... crazy.

You are a lucky lucky man to live up there.

#16778 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200714-154014~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200714-154014~2 (resized).png
#16779 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

..One time as I stood on the very top, a glider plane flew close enough and at the same altitude that I could clearly see the pilot. And when we locked eyes, he gave me a thumbs up. It was a surreal moment I'll never forget."
[quoted image]

Mr68 I loved that hike when I lived in the area...I got buzzed by a glider up there, too!

#16780 3 years ago

What this pandemic has done is expose us as a country. Are we really the strongest? The most invulnerable? We obviously have always been divisive in nature; we have too much of a melting pot not to be. However, typically the discourse is more civil (and not of the war kind) and has always been a backbone of our country. Good discourse can lead to very positive outcomes. That was certainly thanks to, and well before, the absence of "hide-and-seek" social media and bombastic news shows. When did we become so easily manipulated?

We don't like too much change nor anything that upsets our prior writings of history, our traditions, our normal. Horrific events such as the World Wars and 9/11 were different in that they were militaristic. America comes together when the fight is against a tangible, visible, foreign, or even domestic, enemy in which we can place a bullet or a bomb to combat a bullet or bomb. Once that fight is more intangible and we don't have a pharmaceutical company ready with vials of liquid, inoculating patriot missiles, then all hell breaks loose.

*post edited by moderator*

#16781 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many of you keep your toothbrush on the bathroom sink?

I do but I'm the only one having evacuations in its vicinity.

#16782 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My wife's never been east of Saskatchewan and I've always wanted to drive thru Ontario (flew in to Toronto, drove to Niagara) Next summer maybe hopefully

#16783 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Personally I would like to try not get it until they better understand the long term effects and how to fight it. Also, multiple sources have reported you can get it more than once, which means no heard immunity.

They can also try any vaccine on other guinea pigs than me, thank you very much.

I am passing that on to all the friends and family I have.
48abmx (resized).jpg48abmx (resized).jpg

#16784 3 years ago

Just a hair under 11,000 new cases in Texas today = new record. 87 dead = new record.

The roof is on fire.

#16785 3 years ago

Oh good. Hospitals are now being instructed to submit all covid related data to a political appointee of the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department rather than directly to the CDC. HHS will then (after reviewing the data) share relevant info with the CDC.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/covid-19-faqs-hospitals-hospital-laboratory-acute-care-facility-data-reporting.pdf

#16786 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Did you donate the relief check the government gave you? Just wondering...since you depend or need any government assistance.

I sure did......not that it's any of your business but I donated a generous portion of it to helping animals in need. If I wouldnt have though that would have been fine also because I have paid several hundred thousand dollars that i have worked hard for in taxes over the last 40 years. Did you donate any of your stimulus check?

#16788 3 years ago

Excusing the Bias, will the data we have seen now be "filtered"?

Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/coronavirus-data-trump-cdc.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

#16789 3 years ago
1A28CC32-B8E0-4DE2-9D58-D20A5DFCC44E (resized).jpeg1A28CC32-B8E0-4DE2-9D58-D20A5DFCC44E (resized).jpeg
#16790 3 years ago

You're watching too much Fox News.

Seattle is no more or less safe than it was 2 months ago before the protests. Folks are still moving here in droves, and the housing market is hotter than it was pre-Coronavirus.

#16791 3 years ago
#16792 3 years ago

Holy shit, I didn't think she had the technical know how, but my elderly mother has hacked one of the more active accounts on this thread.

Mom - well done, we are all impressed, now go to bed, turn off Tucker.

#16793 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Excusing the Bias, will the data we have seen now be "filtered"?
Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/coronavirus-data-trump-cdc.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Wow.

Every day is more insane than the last.

I can’t be the only one who has a feeling we are suddenly going to see a dramatic drop in cases.

It’ll be almost as if a miracle.

#16795 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’ll be almost as if a miracle.

Well, the warm weather's been around for a couple of months now so we're due for that miracle we were told about.

#16797 3 years ago

The sewage treatment plants are not getting any data from us because we are rural and on a septic tank,

BUT, I am glad they have the technology to keep a eye on what is happening in the more populated areas.

Hopefully this virus and whatever else comes up they will always be able to make tests, and if they see something bad they can alert whoever is in charge of that area that people here will need a lot of help here soon.

(while at the same time I feel like all that is another invasion of privacy, for health reasons it is a good one maybe).

And after all I have read about how dangerous public restrooms are with this virus, I am ready to put a camping toilet in my enclosed trailer to have ready when I have to travel for work again.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/336?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.