272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 576.
#16700 3 years ago

The bad news keeps coming.

Nashville TN is jacking property taxes to help pay for the virus.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/nashville-approves-painful-property-tax-hike

" The measure, approved this week, would raise rates by 34 percent.

#16701 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Anyone that goes against the grain is going to be the boogie man of the week unfortunately. It was bound to happen. Polling shows that people trust him and the other experts more.

Well the guy has been wrong on pretty much everything he has said so surely you can kind of understand why his credibility has gone down the shitter cant you?

#16702 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Is it possible long term effects are worse than the first strike?

It is possible that the second strike will be far worse than the first. We live in a time when nobody has any patience. Well, they better start learning some.

I think I'l go put my engine back together that I waited over a month for to get the right parts.

Cheers!

(note- pinside is deleting certain responses to partisan posts in this thread, and leaving them there for only the poster to see)

#16703 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Anyone that goes against the grain is going to be the boogie man of the week unfortunately. It was bound to happen. Polling shows that people trust him and the other experts more.

I would rather trust Dr. Joseph Fair, a Science adviser for NBC. He is perfectly suited for this current crisis.

#16704 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i guess its time that people learn then isnt it? I dont depend on anyone.

Aren't you lucky. Same as me. But it can change in a hurry.

12 years ago I experienced something health-wise that almost changed my life into being dependent on a host of social services. Forever.

The first casualty would have been the loss of my driver's license due to a health issue that turned out to be a false alarm. It got my attention.

Lose your ability to drive and see how independent you will be.

I escaped by the hair of my chin chin chin. It changed my perspective on life.

#16705 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not surprised at the smear campaign against Fauci, but it won’t work.
They’ve done miniature versions of this several times already, and it always backfires. People trust him, for good reason.

I wonder how many times he now wants to just say, "Fuck it! I'm done."

Seriously. The very people how hired you and you work for, won't listen to a word you have to say.

#16706 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200710-120838~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200710-120838~3 (resized).png
#16707 3 years ago

Can I raise a practical question at this point:

Is chuck Woolery going to be the new head of the CDC?

#16708 3 years ago

No tie, what a slacker!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16709 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I wonder how many times he now wants to just say, "Fuck it! I'm done."
Seriously. The very people how hired you and you work for, won't listen to a word you have to say.

He works for the American people, one of the few who seems to remember that. I don’t think he’ll quit, he’ll continue to get marginalized and slimed but I think he’ll be able to still get his message across to those who are listening.

#16710 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i guess its time that people learn then isnt it? I dont depend on anyone.

That is pretty cool:
You grow your own food
Fix your own teeth
Compost your trash
Do your own medical procedures and fill your own prescriptions.

#16712 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can I raise a practical question at this point:
Is chuck Woolery going to be the new head of the CDC?

I'm sure we'll find out in "2 and 2".

#16713 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Looked a little deeper..
There are lots of things on surfaces in a rest room and a toilet flushing can make water droplets that make surfaces dirty. The devil is not hiding the bathroom.
Don't play with your phone and do wash your hands, which is the same since forever. (and of coarse social distance and wear a mask in public)

Agreed, bathrooms have always had this problem. I've used a few public bathrooms since March, I always do the same protocol: wear a mask, don't pull out my phone or touch anything I have with me, close the lid before flushing if it has a lid, wash hands, leave, sanitize my hands after I've left if a touched a door or paper towel dispenser after washing my hands. This was pretty much my protocol before Covid-19, the only change is adding a mask.

#16714 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well the guy has been wrong on pretty much everything he has said so surely you can kind of understand why his credibility has gone down the shitter cant you?

Can you list the things that Faucci is wrong on? If there are things, they are things that we've all learned as the virus spreads.

Pretty much wrong on everything he has said? Tell that to the three people I know who have passed away due to Covid 19.

At least he didn't recommend drinking bleach.

#16715 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

12 years ago I experienced something health-wise that almost changed my life into being dependent on a host of social services. Forever.
The first casualty would have been the loss of my driver's license due to a health issue that turned out to be a false alarm. It got my attention.

I feel like Lyft and Uber have kinda changed this. I live in a big city and more and more of my younger friends are opting not to buy a car. The money they save on insurance and car payments covers their bus pass, Lyft and Uber rides. Now, if you live in the sticks this isn't an option, but if you live in a city it sure is.

#16716 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The bad news keeps coming.
Nashville TN is jacking property taxes to help pay for the virus.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/nashville-approves-painful-property-tax-hike
" The measure, approved this week, would raise rates by 34 percent.

A vicious circle for big cities, residents leave, taxes go up, more residents leave, services cut back, crime increases, tourism stops, taxes go up, more people leave.
I am thankful I do not live in one of these hell holes.
Same thing is coming for Cleveland, Connecticut, LA, Philadelphia, Chicago, Baltimore, all of the once fashionable but now avoid at all costs areas.
Just watched a good documentary on the droves leaving New York, will be surprised if it survives as a desirable place to live much longer.
Just wait for the unpaid Pension Bomb goes off.

#16717 3 years ago

Place your bets. How long will Disney World in Florida stay open?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/media/hong-kong-disneyland-closing/index.html

"Hong Kong Disneyland is once again closing its gates.

" The resort, which reopened on June 18, is shutting down after Hong Kong tightened its social-distancing measures following a rise of 52 new coronavirus cases in the city.

#16718 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What??? Wrong on everything? How can anyone get everything right with a new virus - hence its name. He's the most respected Doctor in the room period and served for 6 other US presidents. Why he is being attacked is f’en ponderous.

Who do you trust...this guy?
A8FEE9B4-F394-4ACD-A3E4-C4D2F627334F (resized).jpegA8FEE9B4-F394-4ACD-A3E4-C4D2F627334F (resized).jpeg

#16719 3 years ago

How is anybody going to social distance in an elevator? How is this being done in New York, the elevator capital of the world?

#16720 3 years ago

The guy with sock garters is rocking it.

#16721 3 years ago

Groundhog Day. Only difference is the death toll. Playbook hasn't changed.

#16724 3 years ago

This Aussie is pretty cool!

We love Sydney!

Sidney s pretty hot

#16728 3 years ago

A preview of what will happen if we open schools this fall in regions experiencing outbreaks:

3 summer school teachers shared a classroom. They wore gloves, sanitized, etc... all 3 caught covid. 1 died.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/us/arizona-teachers-coronavirus/index.html

#16729 3 years ago

My local school superintendent just announced today that our district is planning to return to 5-day in-person instruction this fall.

#16730 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He works for the American people, one of the few who seems to remember that. I don’t think he’ll quit, he’ll continue to get marginalized and slimed but I think he’ll be able to still get his message across to those who are listening.

He probably knows he just has to endure for 6 more months.

As Michael Scott once said “I don’t have to outlast Dunder-Mifflin, I just have to outlast you.”

#16732 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A vicious circle for big cities, residents leave, taxes go up, more residents leave, services cut back, crime increases, tourism stops, taxes go up, more people leave.
Same thing is coming for Cleveland, Connecticut, LA, Philadelphia, Chicago, Baltimore, all of the once fashionable but now avoid at all costs areas.
Just watched a good documentary on the droves leaving New York, will be surprised if it survives as a desirable place to live much longer.

Lol, Connecticut “fashionable”.

There’ve been DECADES of people leaving CT in droves. We’re experts at it!

#16733 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

" The resort, which reopened on June 18, is shutting down after Hong Kong tightened its social-distancing measures following a rise of 52 new coronavirus cases in the city.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I already owe you $5 bucks .
Double or Nothing....
Disneyworld shuts down by Aug 5th!

My post from 3 days ago.
Already called this.

#16735 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How is anybody going to social distance in an elevator? How is this being done in New York, the elevator capital of the world?

Plastic bag over the head. Minor risk of asphyxiation in the taller buildings, of course, but if you've got to go, go with a smile.

In my office in Denver they have signs limiting occupancy to three, and then three little tape boxes on the floor showing where you're supposed to stand (well less than six feet apart, mind you). Creeps me out, so I take the stairs.

#16736 3 years ago

For those states that think they have this under control, second part of the first wave is coming.

4863wf (resized).jpg4863wf (resized).jpg

#16737 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I lived on the 21st floor once and remember how much of a pain it was during normal times (elevator maintenance, people booking them for moving, fire alarms.) I told my brother when he was buying his condo last year to buy on the first few floors so that he could avoid having to take the elevator when possible. He bought on the 3rd floor in a high rise. Not the best view, but can easily take the stairs now.

I’m guessing people are going to be a lot more fit taking the stairs nowadays. Although most stairwells aren’t the best ventilated and with all those out of shape people wheezing...

#16738 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

He probably knows he just has to endure for 6 more months.
As Michael Scott once said “I don’t have to outlast Dunder-Mifflin, I just have to outlast you.”

Agreed, but I am slowly coming around to the idea that we would all be better served if he just let loose and let us know what he truly thinks. Like, let it all hang out. Not like the boss is listening to him anymore anyway, and the next boss can always reinstate him.

#16739 3 years ago

Boy howdy, it sure looks like we have a severe pneumonia problem right now.

5F1F5E75-B07C-462F-96D2-925C77EB150E.jpeg5F1F5E75-B07C-462F-96D2-925C77EB150E.jpeg
#16740 3 years ago

This happened just a few miles from me. Doctor's office is swamped with calls now and summer school sports activities have now been canceled.

https://www.kshb.com/news/coronavirus/cass-county-reports-largest-virus-cluster-thus-far-after-high-school-party

108215269_3143246275782997_826420783017515540_n (resized).jpg108215269_3143246275782997_826420783017515540_n (resized).jpg
#16741 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Obviously there are things that you have to have other people help you with, that's why I have health insurance. I am talking about our government. I dont depend on them for anything and I never will because they make such terrible decisions and they are liars and they're corrupt.

I also dont depend on people in general because they never seem to come through hardly with what they say they will do. Basically what I meant was is I think for myself and I don't need my government to do that for me and if I need something done in life I just do it myself unless I dont have the skills to do it.

Alot of people look to the government for help and protection and I just dont understand that.

#16742 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

How do you downvote this? Aside from his tone, what’s he’s saying is factual. Too many states and municipalities act like your money is their money. And now the exodus going on in NY and IL is insane. And the extent to which these states are still going after tax money from people who have left is really unethical. These governments know their budgets are not sustainable and they will need to change dramatically. Add in the loss of tax revenue from the virus, and the situation is disasterous.

#16743 3 years ago

And for all you armchair politicians out there, there is one real one. Only one I need to hear from.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-orders-new-statewide-shutdown-coronavirus-surge-2020-07-13/

#16744 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You don't understand, the Investors of Disney have a certain style of living that must be maintained. If these Investors do not garner the means to maintain that level a lot, and I do mean a lot of people suffer.
They must open, and the Hordes running in do not seem concerned.
Call it the Darwin effect, or maybe the naysayers are stupid.
Either way its happening, and you are not in control. Let it happen.

#16745 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Plastic bag over the head. Minor risk of asphyxiation in the taller buildings, of course, but if you've got to go, go with a smile.
In my office in Denver they have signs limiting occupancy to three, and then three little tape boxes on the floor showing where you're supposed to stand (well less than six feet apart, mind you). Creeps me out, so I take the stairs.

In the past I would take measures to avoid a cold when something was going around. Yeah, used a good N-95 and vinyl gloves, there were plenty around.
Wiped toilet seats with alcohol swabs, door handles, everything. I wanted the perfect Vacation. Guess what?
It NEVER WORKED. A Coronavirus is contagious as hell. Like a cold.

#16746 3 years ago

My COVID test finally came back and it was negative. As far as everything else the is happening, it looks like a different dumpster but same fire.

#16747 3 years ago
4875rb (resized).jpg4875rb (resized).jpg
#16748 3 years ago

And they're supposed to open the border tomorrow? I sure hope not.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#16749 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

And they're supposed to open the border tomorrow? I sure hope not.
[quoted image]

Doesn't look like a good idea .

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/335?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.