272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 576.
#16650 3 years ago

So, this joker on a local plumbing service ad that used to say "the news keeps getting better every day" a month into the USA pandemic, has a new ad where he shows a picture of his secretary who recently passed away from covid.

"The news keeps getting better every day". What a moron.

Then the goofy financial guy "If you end up furloughed for nine months, that would be emotionally devastating". lol.

#16651 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wish more places would install these, so you can pull the door open with your foot.[quoted image]

Same here. Even pre COVID these were the greatest things since sliced bread. Especially when you are at a restaurant and want to wash up before you eat.

#16652 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Get with it people. Please. Before you kill my parents

Are they retired? If so all they have to do is stay away from people and they will have a 0% chance of getting Covid-19. Very simple

#16653 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s the culmination of centuries of all humans have learned. It’s what separates us from the cavemen.

And after the culmination of centuries of human learning, still way too many cavemen perpetuating "fake science".

FlatDumbScience (resized).jpgFlatDumbScience (resized).jpg

#16654 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Why are you so hell-bent on making this about politics and regional factors? Sadly, it’s just human nature and people everywhere desperately hoping it’s over or are just not being to comprehend how this works or the degree to which it’s contagious

Because it is. Let’s not beat around the bush. Is it human nature, or USA nature? Because there’s a sharp contrast compared to damn near every other country, which last I checked were also populated by humans.

This shit’s been going on for four months. If you can’t comprehend how this works by this point....I just. FFS.

#16655 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You Love saying this but I don’t buy it. We’ve had 6 weeks worth of protests here in nyc - literally hundreds - but our numbers remain down. Protesters are outside and for the most part wearing masks.

The dramatic rises are happening in states that explicitly decided to reopen early. There’s a direct correlation there and it has little to do with the protests.

Sure, all those 1000s of protestors not wearing masks after Memorial Day had nothing to do with the explosion of covid in states like Ca. or cities like LA that had slowly and carefully started to reopen because it does not support and totally goes against a one sided view of who to blame.

But, to support your view, NY should be feeling their 4th of July antics in the next few weeks. Then they can figure out someone else to blame again.

#16656 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Why is America unable to contain this virus?

Capitalism.

Quoted from PinballNewb:

Let’s not beat around the bush. Is it human nature ...

Money (control), Greed. Hate. Carelessness. Dishonesty. All exist in human nature. They rise to the surface.... or is that, the Top?

#16657 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are they retired? If so all they have to do is stay away from people and they will have a 0% chance of getting Covid-19. Very simple

Unfortunately its not that simple.

My parents and my wife's parents are both retired and live in California. They all need to go the Dr's, optometrists etc for various appointments no real way around that. They need to eat, my dad had a plumbing problem that needed to be fixed. They are only seeing family outside with social distancing and masks. So, all of that lowers risks but its not zero risk.

My aunt (in California) is currently waiting on the results of a covid test she took yesterday, she has symptoms. She had surgery a few months ago and has had to go in for medical appointments as part of the recovery.

#16658 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Unless they are so retired that they live in a home with a bunch of other retired people and have non-retired people take care of them.

#16659 3 years ago

If it isnt Political, Why is Doctor Fauci, who served under 6 administrations, being discredited and slandered by his employer....

#16660 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

My aunt (in California) is currently waiting on the results of a covid test she took yesterday, she has symptoms.

Budesonide-0.25-mg-2ml-box (resized).pngBudesonide-0.25-mg-2ml-box (resized).png

From my perspective. If it were my relative, I'd be calling them to check on the treatment plan, immediately. Out of concern. Treatment Early seems to be Crucial! . Sometimes it's worthwhile to get out the risk matrix and weigh up a few options, but a Risk Matrix obviously still needs reliable information to be helpful.

https://forbetterscience.com/2020/04/03/fake-vaccine-research-new-low-for-science-fraud/

With respect of course. I'm just saying.

#16661 3 years ago

A-standard-risk-matrix (resized).pngA-standard-risk-matrix (resized).png

Plug in your scenario and likelihood/consequences. As with many of these types of things though, B.s. in = B.s. out. Helpful if used correctly.

When asked to carry out a task where the safety risk is being under-rated, or you find safety questionable, they really hate it when you write down a risk rating of 7. Lol

#16662 3 years ago

Local news is saying using a public restroom is very dangerous.

They say it is proven that the virus can live for 30 days in fecal matter.

They say every time you flush a toilet it sends a plume into the air.

They say for sure wear a mask in this situation.

I say wear a double mask.

#16663 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I don't doubt it. I haven't used a public restroom since March.

#16664 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

[quoted image]
From my perspective. If it were my relative, I'd be calling them to check on the treatment plan, immediately. Out of concern. Treatment Early seems to be Crucial! . Sometimes it's worthwhile to get out the risk matrix and weigh up a few options, but a Risk Matrix obviously still needs reliable information to be helpful.
https://forbetterscience.com/2020/04/03/fake-vaccine-research-new-low-for-science-fraud/
With respect of course. I'm just saying.

I must be honest. I have not read very much of the info. you have been posting about this. I figure if anything that turns up that works, then leadership would be running it up the flagpole and shouting it from the tops of the mountains. And he has been silent of late.

#16665 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

i have not used a public restroom since march also..march of 1976

#16666 3 years ago

They say for sure wear a mask in this situation.
I say wear a double mask.

Only way I use a public restroom is if I'm about ready to shit myself but if I did have to I wouldn't worry all that much about Covid-19. Just flush the damn toilet and run out of their like you dropped a bomb in the toilet.......and I guess in a round about way you did.

#16667 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Unfortunately its not that simple.
My parents and my wife's parents are both retired and live in California. They all need to go the Dr's, optometrists etc for various appointments no real way around that. They need to eat, my dad had a plumbing problem that needed to be fixed. They are only seeing family outside with social distancing and masks. So, all of that lowers risks but its not zero risk.
My aunt (in California) is currently waiting on the results of a covid test she took yesterday, she has symptoms. She had surgery a few months ago and has had to go in for medical appointments as part of the recovery.

Going to a doctors office is very safe, so is having a plumber come to your house unless you start kissing him and have sex with him. I guess I shouldn't have said 0% risk, maybe I should have said 0000000000.1% risk instead.

I have been in and out of doctors offices and hospitals several times since this Covid-19 thing started and I never felt worried that I would get the Coronavirus because I was there. I just went to the hospital and sat in a room for 4 hours while my lady friend had her gallbladder removed. It didnt worry me at all. I kicked back and watched some TV, fell asleep for a bit and it felt like home. That was 10 days ago and so far we are ok and I dont think we have any reason to think that we will get Covid-19 because we were there.

We gotta go to the doctors office Thursday for a follow up appointment.....I'm not worried at all about it.

#16668 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had to use one 12 days ago, while traveling for work.

So far I am fine, but that news story woke me up.

(maybe if I have to travel for work from now on a camping toilet inside a enclosed trailer that I tow is the answer).

#16670 3 years ago

How many of you keep your toothbrush on the bathroom sink?

#16671 3 years ago

Looked a little deeper..

There are lots of things on surfaces in a rest room and a toilet flushing can make water droplets that make surfaces dirty. The devil is not hiding the bathroom.

Don't play with your phone and do wash your hands, which is the same since forever. (and of coarse social distance and wear a mask in public)

#16672 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I must be honest. I have not read very much of the info. you have been posting about this. I figure if anything that turns up that works, then leadership would be running it up the flagpole and shouting it from the tops of the mountains. And he has been silent of late.

I think there is a very important point alot of people are overlooking, or ignoring.

This supposed treatment is as good as free. It has also been tested safe for humans since decades ago, infant to weak and elderly. There is virtually no risk to single course trials (certainly nothing to lose vs CV death for high risk patients). In Australia it would be on the PBS and cost you nothing. There is no profiting from this treatment.

Big pharma is not above burying things, if those things might cost them big money. Big oil works the same way.

Your/our system runs on money. Corporate gives lives a dollar value.

It falls to the lowest common denominator.

Why indeed would the "official trials" be blatantly set up for failure? (pointlessly be tested on ICU patients, way too late)

Vaccine for covid is a pipedream, or a trojan horse, or a real thing, or whatever floats your boat. It really doesn't matter either way, it's a Brilliant money spinner! .... because for many things vaccines Do Work! ; meaning people can be reasonably convinced to have faith in it for a coronavirus... but you really need to mix it with a Strong convincer like a good dose of Real fear, and not let it be exposed as a slim hope, or Undermined by a freely available cure.. "Systems check?", "All systems Nominal!", "Check!".

I sincerely hope to god you Are right!... with such faith in the system, and all, I hope you are right.

With how well things have been going though, and so much at stake... I'd certainly be asking some more serious questions.

As long as it's not like sleeping in a house fire with no smoke alarm. The smoke gets you dozing more deeply, not picking up on the bad signs.... until the flames and heat are right upon you, then you wake up but it's just too late.

"We're not in Kansas anymore!"

#16673 3 years ago

This Aussie is pretty cool!

We love Sydney! ... not quite sure what to make of the maple syrup thing though Lol . I certainly wouldn't consider following something like that up with calling her a pancake! (7:20)

"No shocks given!"

She is a student of Journalism. Independent. Easy to write off as "clap trap on the interwebs" I suppose. I think still more trustworthy or credible than CNNN or Foxx? ... backing up with sources and research and all that boring stuff. ?

Anyway, if it turns out the "covid sector" is free of any of these kinds of questionable philosophies... well that would be quite some relief, and we may well be able to trust "they" are doing all that can be done. Should be all good mate.

#16674 3 years ago

They got that right .
And close the lid when you flush ( If it's got one )

IMG_20200713_201623 (resized).jpgIMG_20200713_201623 (resized).jpg
#16675 3 years ago

I just watched a Sci Show Episode on YouTube that was pretty fascinating. Municipalities are able to test sewage on mass at treatment plants to find out how much of the population has covid. Even if the people don’t take Personal tests the city can monitor disease levels and send supplies where needed.

They’re monitoring your poo

#16676 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Plug in your scenario and likelihood/consequences.

If you put AGE across the top and POPULATION DENSITY down the left that chart fits COVID-19. Under 30 and consequences are usually minor; over 70 and COVID-19 are usually catastrophic. Highly populated areas are much higher risk.

COVID-19 is all over the chart and that leads to a wide range in how seriously people are taking it. The recommended precautions have more to do with protecting the community as a whole vs. ourselves.

#16677 3 years ago

Listening to fox sports over the weekend and during commercials they have a great one. Basically it asks you the following:

Do you want to watch the NBA?
You like hockey and want to watch the playoffs?
Do you like MLB?
Do you want to watch the NFL in the fall?

Then wear a fukn mask. Thank you from fox sports.

#16678 3 years ago

Sadly, it’s just human nature

Funny, all the rest of the humans on the planet seem to be following guidelines...

#16679 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

They’re monitoring your poo

They've been monitoring our poo for years but to see how much and what drugs we use .

#16680 3 years ago

Haven’t talked about this yet, but the Mississippi legislature outbreak is exactly the frustratingly predictable sort of thing us science based folks have been screaming from the hilltops.

Don’t mistake my “I told you so” for joy. It’s not. MS is hurting in no small part due to these Covidiots.

Good news is that since it is themselves, their friends, and their family at risk, it does appear that they are now taking the threat seriously and starting to take measures to protect their citizens.

This is in contrast to Bolsonaro who keeps taking his mask off and shaking hands even though he knows he is infected. And has not moderated his stance on the virus at all.

And a quote that stuck out to me:

“If you have been in contact with anyone in the Legislature, or if you have been in contact with any staff person that works at the Legislature, you need to get tested,” warned Republican Gov. Tate Reeves, who has tested negative.

https://apnews.com/11198fc30f1cc29c29c27f62f6a23644

#16681 3 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

If you put AGE across the top and POPULATION DENSITY down the left that chart fits COVID-19. Under 30 and consequences are usually minor; over 70 and COVID-19 are usually catastrophic. Highly populated areas are much higher risk.
COVID-19 is all over the chart and that leads to a wide range in how seriously people are taking it. The recommended precautions have more to do with protecting the community as a whole vs. ourselves.

That is a fair point there.

I'll just highlight though, for anyone unfamiliar and wants to know, that isn't really how the matrix works.

The top is where you have the possible consequences, as in the severety of the consequence. Age is not a consequence.

The side has the Likelyhood that the Consequence will Eventuate. Although in your instance population density does kind of align with risk, the "Likelihood" in this scale of the matrix is with direct reference to the Consequence (at the top) of the Action you have (plugged in) Proposed.

It uses hypotheticals, information and guesswork, in conjunction with covering all practical possibilities. As many as you can.

So you propose an action, then attempt to hypothesise or predict, account for, all bad things that could happen as a result of that action, the risks. Identifying and rating possible risks. It is a tool for assesing and comparing risks, decision making, and for risk management. We use it to help us not die in the workplace. Many people do this subconciously as a matter of course, think about it, but these days they like us to show that we've thought about what we're doing. Because monkeys get themselves dead, you know.

It's meant to be a way of quantifying the level of risk associated with something, or things.

Sometimes individual risk ratings will differ, things aren't always as they should be, some people make other observations... hence the thing of rating a 7. Invalidation, in response to shonkyness. Usually about corporate/costs. Asessments by a council will carry more weight, right or wrong.

Perhaps I'll have a go at an example. Anyone can do it... for almost anything...

#16682 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How many of you keep your toothbrush on the bathroom sink?

I keep mine on that handy little shelf formed by the toilet tank lid. Brush ‘n’ flush.

#16683 3 years ago

I’m not surprised at the smear campaign against Fauci, but it won’t work.

They’ve done miniature versions of this several times already, and it always backfires. People trust him, for good reason.

#16684 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure, all those 1000s of protestors not wearing masks after Memorial Day had nothing to do with the explosion of covid in states like Ca. or cities like LA that had slowly and carefully started to reopen because it does not support and totally goes against a one sided view of who to blame.
But, to support your view, NY should be feeling their 4th of July antics in the next few weeks. Then they can figure out someone else to blame again.

Actually it seems that the protests minimally spread covid because most of them wore masks. While the white protesters in Michigan spread it everywhere because they didn't wear them. NY is one of the few places not seeing huge bumps and they have had weeks of protests.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-lessons-from-large-protests.html

#16686 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

My wife’s best friend is headed to the hospital. 30 years old. Very healthy and just finished school to be a physical therapist. Scary times. I think I’m shutting down the arcade. The trickle of business isn’t worth risking my employees lives. Stay safe out there guys!

Thank you for taking care of your employees. I hope your wife's friend pulls through.

#16687 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Actually it seems that the protests minimally spread covid because most of them wore masks. While the white protesters in Michigan spread it everywhere because they didn't wear them. NY is one of the few places not seeing huge bumps and they have had weeks of protests.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-lessons-from-large-protests.html

Odin refuses to believe this despite no evidence to the contrary. I’d accuse him of having an agenda, but we all know he is a one issue voter:

He’s in the pocket of big fillet o’ fish.

#16688 3 years ago

Why are you so hell-bent on making this about politics and regional factors? Sadly, it’s just human nature and people everywhere desperately hoping it’s over or are just not being to comprehend how this works or the degree to which it’s contagious

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/politics/donald-trump-florida-coronavirus-reopening/index.html

" White House turns on Fauci as disaster grows out of aggressive state openings"

"Instead of focusing on the out-of-control coronavirus disaster in Florida and other early opening states, the White House is trying to destroy the reputation of one of America's most respected public servants, Dr. Anthony Fauci, for telling the truth about how bad things are getting."

#16689 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Going to a doctors office is very safe, so is having a plumber come to your house unless you start kissing him and have sex with him. I guess I shouldn't have said 0% risk, maybe I should have said 0000000000.1% risk instead.
I have been in and out of doctors offices and hospitals several times since this Covid-19 thing started and I never felt worried that I would get the Coronavirus because I was there. I just went to the hospital and sat in a room for 4 hours while my lady friend had her gallbladder removed. It didnt worry me at all. I kicked back and watched some TV, fell asleep for a bit and it felt like home. That was 10 days ago and so far we are ok and I dont think we have any reason to think that we will get Covid-19 because we were there.
We gotta go to the doctors office Thursday for a follow up appointment.....I'm not worried at all about it.

I'm glad that you're doing well, but survivor's bias is a real thing. Of course all the people that survive will say "Nothing bad happened to me!" - that doesn't dismiss that other people may not have survived, they're just not here to tell you.

And not all people can be as self-sufficient as you.

#16690 3 years ago

Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City are finally getting it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/us/mormon-church-wear-mask-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

"We are in the midst of a global pandemic unlike any the world has experienced in more than a century," the email reads. "Latter-day Saints are not immune."
Elders Craig Christensen, Randy Funk and Walter González, who comprise the Utah Area Presidency, applauded the members who returned to church services wearing masks.
"Now we ask all Latter-day Saints in the Utah Area to be good citizens by wearing face coverings when in public," they wrote."

#16691 3 years ago

Between masks and being outside, the protests seem to have been much less of a problem than the Breitbart crowd would like. If we could just get everything outside for the time being, especially school, I think we would be fine to resume a lot of activities.

#16692 3 years ago

Screenshot_20200713-102103~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200713-102103~3 (resized).png

#16693 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Odin refuses to believe this despite no evidence to the contrary. I’d accuse him of having an agenda, but we all know he is a one issue voter:

He’s in the pocket of big fillet o’ fish.

I really have no agenda except looking at the entire picture without taking one side or another.

And there have been major fuck ups on both sides. And then we have the blame game.

#16694 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Funny, all the rest of the humans on the planet seem to be following guidelines...

Not really. Many people mostly forgot about Covid in France, as it never existed. We may have to pay for it soon or later.
And it's not even a political debate here. Just laziness ?

#16695 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

And it's not even a political debate here. Just laziness ?

Selfishness. Same as here. Financial survival also seems to be playing a part.

#16696 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

And not all people can be as self-sufficient as you.

Well i guess its time that people learn then isnt it? I dont depend on anyone.

#16697 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If it isnt Political, Why is Doctor Fauci, who served under 6 administrations, being discredited and slandered by his employer....

Anyone that goes against the grain is going to be the boogie man of the week unfortunately. It was bound to happen. Polling shows that people trust him and the other experts more.

#16699 3 years ago

Virus needs more study before anything opens. Is it possible long term effects are worse than the first strike?

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/334?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.