272092025_10161451704608222_4175774496727537906_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20220117_093350 (resized).jpg
EB99D3B1-C5E6-474E-909E-262D884FFCE7.jpeg
634ACBD7-B6FA-4A4E-A30A-348FA83A88C2.jpeg
BD45F1EA-3EDF-49A3-96FD-CFDEEB8E5EF8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

161 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 576.
#16600 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's an excellent question. You would think one of the wealthiest countries in the world with such a robust health care system would have done an amazing job of handling the virus. Instead, we are a complete laughing stock. Unfortunately, I can't properly answer your question without getting into politics.

I don’t think it’s political to say there’s been inconsistent messaging, a priority for appearances over the public Health, and most importantly, no cohesive, national plan for deal with this.

It’s a national embarrassment. I don’t think it’s too late to pull out of this with proper action but so far not much reason to be optimistic that this will happen.

#16601 3 years ago

Yes, absolutely. Pretty much what Levi just said. Small gathering no mask necessary but something like a sizable pinball gathering, concert or even every day shopping, its mask on for me. And I'm doing it for the every day schmeg that people spew too.

And I'm done with hand shaking now where I use to be on automatic. I'm friendly and respectful when someone extends their hand to me and so far everyone understands. I'm bringing back, "Talk to the hand".

My dream scenario now is for touchless bathroom doors or removal. (Entrance and Exit doors)

#16602 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

but most people

You can believe that for yourself but please don't speak for others. Everyone I know, absent a couple, take this seriously.

#16603 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very few people think Covid-19 is a hoax but most people do in fact believe that it is being overblown for political reasons.

A thing that indiscriminately and easily infects and kills healthy people cannot be overblown. People refuse to get out of their political mindsets for whatever reason and it is killing them and others. Doctors aren't politicians, politicians aren't doctors, and those who take bad medical advice from politicians are fools. Listen to the politicians who follow the doctors.

#16604 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very few people think Covid-19 is a hoax but most people do in fact believe that it is being overblown for political reasons.

The only thing overblown is our rate of infections vs any other country that isn’t Brazil or Russia.

#16605 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My dream scenario now is for touchless bathroom doors or removal. (Entrance and Exit doors)

A15F9DB2-627E-438D-96C4-05A2DED330E8 (resized).jpegA15F9DB2-627E-438D-96C4-05A2DED330E8 (resized).jpeg
#16606 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yeah. You are spot on. I hate handles and most are unnecessary. Just nudge the door open with the toe of your foot.

#16608 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

no cohesive, national plan for deal with this.

The cohesive National Plan is we must deal with this, period. Deaths will happen, so will sickness. It used to be at a lower ratio, now it is at a somewhat higher ratio. Still not a deal breaker where we throw our hands up and panic.
Wear your PPE, sanitize your hands. Go to work and do your best to avoid swapping vapor.
Thats it. Afraid?
No proper procedure will save you from this. Neither will hiding out.
Just do your best to avoid it. I prefer to trust in Jesus.
My new neighbor called me down at the mailbox and introduced himself and the Wife. Left New York, went back and convinced the Son to join them. Said he had to get out, away from the "craziness" as he put it, never been happier. I still haven't determined how in the World he found this area but told him he was blessed to be here.
Remove yourself from heavily populated areas and the covid concern goes way down.

#16609 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think it’s political to say there’s been inconsistent messaging, a priority for appearances over the public Health, and most importantly, no cohesive, national plan for deal with this.
It’s a national embarrassment. I don’t think it’s too late to pull out of this with proper action but so far not much reason to be optimistic that this will happen.

I think it is too late unfortunately. The last few years and especially months have been eye opening. Words really can’t explain. I’m not optimistic for the future. Hope I’m wrong.

#16610 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You can believe that for yourself but please don't speak for others. Everyone I know, absent a couple, take this seriously.

I never said that I believed that. I'm just telling you what how most people feel about it.

#16611 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes it is political because there are a lot of people who do not share the same views as you do about him.

#16612 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, absolutely. Pretty much what Levi just said. Small gathering no mask necessary but something like a sizable pinball gathering, concert or even every day shopping, its mask on for me. And I'm doing it for the every day schmeg that people spew too.
And I'm done with hand shaking now where I use to be on automatic. I'm friendly and respectful when someone extends their hand to me and so far everyone understands. I'm bringing back, "Talk to the hand".

I can understand all of that for now but this is not going to be a forever thing.

#16613 3 years ago
30867A0A-A79A-4655-AA36-B40B96F8D6C6 (resized).jpeg30867A0A-A79A-4655-AA36-B40B96F8D6C6 (resized).jpeg
#16615 3 years ago
2ft6qz~2 (resized).jpg2ft6qz~2 (resized).jpg
#16618 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200704-125255~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200704-125255~2 (resized).png
#16619 3 years ago

Yes, In Florida.

Feds Charge Phony Church with Selling Bleach as a 'Miracle' Cure for Covid-19

https://gizmodo.com/feds-charge-phony-church-with-selling-bleach-as-a-mirac-1844345626

Those who "feel" this will pass on through, it may, but do read on Plagues in History, how long they lasted, etc.
Thats herd methodology.

#16620 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's an excellent question. You would think one of the wealthiest countries in the world with such a robust health care system would have done an amazing job of handling the virus. Instead, we are a complete laughing stock. Unfortunately, I can't properly answer your question without getting into politics.

I think it's safe to say when there are two parties vehemently opposed to one another, it is not a recipe for success when unity is a requirement of said success.

#16621 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I never said that I believed that. I'm just telling you what how most people feel about it.

Curious as to how this was framed in a poll. I'd appreciate a link to the source.

#16622 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Less than an hour away from me. I guess he went out doing what he loved.

Sadly, if only he had received immediate treatment on 1st of July, there is a better than average chance he wouldn't have died.

Something is going very wrong there. Maybe from a different part of the world, but I/we still care about what's happening. My condolences and best wishes to Everyone!

#16623 3 years ago

I was listening to a sports radio station and they were talking about coronavirus because we've just gone into lockdown again . A guy rang up from Hong Kong and said they have 7.5 million , people living on the size of a postage stamp and they have had 7 deaths . And they're literally connected to China with a Bridge . He said everybody wears a mask all the time . Make of that what you will

#16624 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm considering wearing a mask as a lifestyle going forward, virus or not. but hand shaking is over-with for me.

You have to do what you feel is best for you .
I'm not going to let this shit change my life forever . Once we are over it ( either everyone has been exposed or we have a cure ) I'll be more than happy to go back to shaking hands , being in large groups . You have to move forward and take sensible precautions as you would to try to avoid just getting the common cold .

#16625 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was listening to a sports radio station and they were talking about coronavirus because we've just gone into lockdown again . A guy rang up from Hong Kong and said they have 7.5 million , people living on the size of a postage stamp and they have had 7 deaths . And they're literally connected to China with a Bridge . He said everybody wears a mask all the time . Make of that what you will

Interestingly, they also Treat with inhaled steroids, among other things. *against who guidelines

It's been getting drowned out and buried by fanciful vaccine mantras of money, since the very start.

https://www.zmescience.com/medicine/asthma-drug-covid-19-06264/

Ask Taiwan, 24 million people, 7 deaths. Who doesn't agree with what they are doing, obviously.

Victoria govt. would be irresponsible to not at least be running voluntary early treatment trials in Melbourne. It's a reasonable concern. If people at least knew about it, many would ask, but is it given as an informed option or not?

#16626 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You shush, masks don’t work. I saw it on the interwebs.

#16627 3 years ago

There is a reason why the process of finding a vaccine takes a while. This is an interesting article on AP News concerning the effect the rush to find a vaccine has had on finding an actual vaccine.

https://apnews.com/db08697f6260038f196b1106fe574228

Science is hard. We seem hellbent on making all of this even harder right now.

#16628 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can understand all of that for now but this is not going to be a forever thing.

It's at least going to be a couple years.

I now know 3 asymptomatic people that have tested positive. They got tested because either a family member was sick or they were doing it as a precaution before visiting people.

#16629 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think 7 deaths out of 7.5 million people os fairly good odds that you will be ok. Time to party!

#16631 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think 7 deaths out of 7.5 million people os fairly good odds that you will be ok. Time to party!

*Only if you have the option to receive the cure.

...and they still wear masks, to avoid having to treat a million people at once. They do live stacked pretty close.

#16632 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Yeah. You are spot on. I hate handles and most are unnecessary. Just nudge the door open with the toe of your foot.

Nudging a door open with a foot is impossible when it swings inward and that's my frustration. A two-way swinging door would be a great solution.
But we are agreed on those filthy bathroom door handles. I forget the statistics but a lot of people don't wash their hands and an exit door handle is a multi-layered petri dish they immediately touch.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

As I said, I'll likely modify my use of the mask as things progress but we will always have a cold and flu season. And if the coast is clear for a time, I could see me having a, Aww fuck it, moment.
I reserve the right to change any decisions I make under the influence of cabin fever or alcohol.

#16633 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nudging a door open with a foot is impossible when it swings inward and that's my frustration.

I wish more places would install these, so you can pull the door open with your foot.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16634 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nudging a door open with a foot is impossible when it swings inward and that's my frustration. A two-way swinging door would be a great solution.
But we are agreed on those filthy bathroom door handles. I forget the statistics but a lot of people don't wash their hands and an exit door handle is a multi-layered petri dish they immediately touch.

Long before this I had seen some places with a toe pull on bathroom doors. Works great. My employer just installed them recently (though I havent been in the office in about 4 months).

#16635 3 years ago

Covid related story. ...kinda

I live in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and I took this picture about 8 blocks from my home. That's Bear Peak I've highlighted, elevation: 8,461' and about 7 or 8 miles round trip. I haven't done it in a long time but it takes me about 3.5 hours up and 2.5 back to my home. Its moderate - difficult hiking to the base and difficult to extreme hiking after that. Wild raspberry's along the way if the wildlife don't get them first.

The peak itself is only about 20 feet long by 5 feet wide and drops off sharply on all sides. One time as I stood on the very top, a glider plane flew close enough and at the same altitude that I could clearly see the pilot. And when we locked eyes, he gave me a thumbs up. It was a surreal moment I'll never forget.

So why am I telling you guys this? I'm in my sixties and if this shit hits me, I want my heart and lungs to be the best they can. Might not make bit of difference to the virus but it seems like common sense to me.

Food for thought my pinball friends and I hope this is motivating for some.

More pictures and a brief panoramic video from the top if you have interest.
https://dayhikesneardenver.com/bear-peak-near-boulder/
zzBear Peak (resized).pngzzBear Peak (resized).png

#16636 3 years ago

I just got a call from one of my relatives.

I had a 79 year old cousin who just died of Covid. I only saw him once per year at the family reunion; No condolences needed.

He lived about 30 miles from me and passed at one of the local hospitals here.

I have no details.

#16637 3 years ago

Disney World just reopened and we already lost Goofy.

4143CC97-3B24-494C-9947-ECE223D3863E.jpeg4143CC97-3B24-494C-9947-ECE223D3863E.jpeg
#16638 3 years ago

Daily deaths starting to spike in the high infections states.

3A7760CB-19B9-473C-BA06-26A44C43D346.png3A7760CB-19B9-473C-BA06-26A44C43D346.png
#16639 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

30 year old man with no medical issues dies from COVID-19 after attending a “COVID party”.

Apparently, he won.

#16640 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Our hospital bed usage here in SC has been on a constant rise, with the new spike in cases i fear we are nearing 100%.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16641 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

[quoted image]

They look like stock charts.

#16642 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

They look like stock charts.

Except the stock charts should be heading in a steep downward direction soon.

#16643 3 years ago

It’s painful how this plays out.

The “covid is a hoax / we can’t live In fear” crowd does something stupid; like eschewing masks, or opening entire states of opening Disney world and pretending it’s all normal.

A week later nothing bad has happened.

“See?!”

2 weeks later cases rise dramatically.

“But what about the death rate?! Clearly it’s just more testing. For 99.5 percent of all people It’s harmless!”

A week later deaths shoot up.

Another week later the refrigerated morgue trucks roll in.

Can we just stop this sick merry go round already and get on the same page? Why are we doing this to ourselves?

Science isn’t a religion. It’s not political. It’s the culmination of centuries of all humans have learned. It’s what separates us from the cavemen.

Get with it people. Please. Before you kill my parents.

It’s all so predictable. Because of science. Yet we ignore it because of cable news and internet memes.

#16644 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The “covid is a hoax / we can’t live In fear” crowd does something stupid; like eschewing masks, or opening entire states of opening Disney world and pretending it’s all normal.

The "we don't care if it's a hoax or not, it is our right as Americans to protest in the street" crew really didn't help the situation we are in now either.

And I guess the price of admission at Disneyworld has or will soon go up.

#16645 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

[quoted image]

Shocking.

#16646 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200712-131859~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200712-131859~2 (resized).png
#16647 3 years ago

My wife’s best friend is headed to the hospital. 30 years old. Very healthy and just finished school to be a physical therapist. Scary times. I think I’m shutting down the arcade. The trickle of business isn’t worth risking my employees lives. Stay safe out there guys!

#16648 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The "we don't care if it's a hoax or not, it is our right as Americans to protest in the street" crew really didn't help the situation we are in now either.
And I guess the price of admission at Disneyworld has or will soon go up.

You Love saying this but I don’t buy it. We’ve had 6 weeks worth of protests here in nyc - literally hundreds - but our numbers remain down. Protesters are outside and for the most part wearing masks.

The dramatic rises are happening in states that explicitly decided to reopen early. There’s a direct correlation there and it has little to do with the protests.

And that’s before taking in account the apples and oranges comparison of taking part in a once in a lifetime social movement vs. dinner at Applebee’s; that’s a conversation for another time and another place - but regardless, there’s little evidence it’s the social movement that’s driving increased numbers. Why didn’t this huge rise happen a month and a half ago (when the protests were at their strongest) rather than a week ago?

#16649 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s all so predictable. Because of science. Yet we ignore it because of cable news and internet memes.

Why are you so hell-bent on making this about politics and regional factors? Sadly, it’s just human nature and people everywhere desperately hoping it’s over or are just not being to comprehend how this works or the degree to which it’s contagious

There are 28,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 576.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/page/333?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.